Class Feedback – Mage

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Mage
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
I do both, but raiding more-so

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
I focus on raiding, Firelands hardmodes (on another character atm), and spamming heroics too!

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
I do BGs, and arenas when I can get a partner

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
There aren't any I can think of.

What makes playing your class more fun?
The ability to have amazing CC, and having a bunch of utility spells (portals/teleports, tables, buffs, slow fall), and the different playing styles of the 3 specs. The lore doesn't hurt too much either ;)

What makes playing your class less fun?
Honestly, being a pure damage class. You have stupidly long queue times for dungeons, will never get the benefit of the Satchel of Exotic Mysteries, and not having the choice of helping the group more than just "DPS everything". The removal of Hybrid Specs and spec choices (frostfire spec, PoM Pyro, etc..) made it seem kind of lame too.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Arcane could be more fun to play, but I understand it's more about watching and managing your mana pool. And I have no suggestions to making arcane more fun. Maybe incorporating frost, or fire spells in the rotation too?

What’s on your wish list for your class?
As far fetched as it is, some sort of way to tank, or heal, being a pure dps class sucks sometimes. Improved spell effects would be nice too, Ice Block could have the new Ice Block model from the Sindragosa fight, for example.

What spells do you use the least?
Frostfire Bolt mostly.
85 Worgen Mage
PvE

Mid-level Heroic raids.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could
be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

None.

All the small tricks you can pull off in a fight. Usually maximizing DPS as an arcane mage in a dynamic encounter is really finding all the small cool tricks you can do. Such as Iceblocking on domo to prevent seeds. Blinking firetraps in rag (dps lose but the Least dps loss out of all dps classes) and used to be rolling a huge combustion on rhyolith before combustion was nerfed)

Lack of dynamic specing. Typically there is one spec in a particular content cycle that always seems to be 5+% ahead. As a rdps and a raider, I feel that i'm not doing everything I can unless i'm that spec. Although I could pull compelling numbers as fire/frost, I don't feel they are competitive specs right now (frost maybe, but i'm not john madden or a korean starcraft player)

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Arcane: Boring, no real worth while decision making. Lhivera said it best (paraphrase) "It's not the amount of buttons you press, but the thought that goes into them" To be honest, outside of vulnurability and burn phases. there's really no decision making that goes into an arcane burn. You have cds up, man down to about 90%? BURN TIME. Down to 35% mana then back to full. About the only decision that goes into a burn is if i can get an evo off around 40ish% so I don't make my dps lack luster.

Fire: Probably the most stable rotation among the specs. More of a priority list (what class isn't these days) only thing holding back fire from doing truly competitive numbers is the low-end scaling. Fire really is intresting when you get constant procs and have to make good decision making about what to do when you're getting alot of pyroblast procs. However with the stat devaluation of cata, often times this doesn't come up in the middle of a fight due to low procs. This problem is exacerbated by the fact that combustion sometimes feels extremely frusterating to have. In order to maximize dps, you have to get lucky, and luck at the beginning of a fight when all your cd/procs are up. Popping cooldowns and not getting crits really makes me want to curbstomp gnomes....

Frost: Havn't tried it in PvE, however from most of the theory crafting threads it seems like a priority list from hell. While it might be appealing to be a pinnacle of skill to effectively play this spec correctly. The numbers aren't a compelling reason to do so. Also consider that balancing the damage of this spec along with PvP. I would love to play this spec. however I honestly don't expect this every to be truly viable outside of niche encounters.

Ignite munching fix.....seriously since BC.

Blizzard. Almost no reason to use this spel outside of popping rogues out of stealth. Even if i was Frost I'd rather just single target in a pack of 10 mobs then use this spell.

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both!!

Raids almost exclusively.
Arenas and BGs.
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Being the only ranged spec with under 35 yard range is a bit irritating.
The utility of Frost in pve is really nice.
Frost doesn't do terrible damage, but in comparison to Arcane it's still not very viable.
I really enjoy frost's rotation at the moment it keeps me on my toes, but in Arcane the lack of more than 3 buttons (Arcane blast, fire orb and Arcane missles) is a bit boring. I'd really like to see some other sort of proc.
Frost damage to be increased exclusively for PvE.
Flame Strike I guess? I don't play fire really except for during Alysrazor.
2 Human Mage
What type of content do you focus on? Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroic, more recently, regular modes.

If PvP, what type of PvP? Arenas

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. - 5 or so minute CD on refreshment table. (it goes on cooldown even if people don't finish summoning it) Also, the in-game powa auras for frost only shows the same image regardless of how many FoF charges you have. It kind of defeats the purpose of having the graphic up since you have to look at your buffs to see if you have 2 charges or not.

What makes playing your class more fun? - The portal system, bulk of utility in solo. I really enjoy being a caster dps without having a dependency on things like pets and totems.

What makes playing your class less fun? - Limited choices in pve specs. Fire being so RNG reliant and generally bad when it's, in my opinion, the most fun raiding spec. Basic boring arcane rotation. Wrath's arcane rotation was very fun and exciting, mainly due to the old arcane missiles. In pvp it sucks to be considered the most faceroll braindead spec, especially since in Wrath and BC, frost mages were generally thought to be hard to master and very rewarding if you were a top notch player.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) - Generally plain and boring for arcane. Fire has an awesome kit (as long as you crit, sadly) impact spreading is very fun. Frost is fun and dynamic.

What’s on your wish list for your class? - To be less desired by other players. Less RNG.

What spells do you use the least? - I certainly don't use this the least, but I really don't like the way flame orb works, not to mention its long cooldown. I think it should fixate on what you're targeting.
85 Blood Elf Mage
What type of content do you focus on?
PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
raids

Having to remember to make a new mana gem every time I exit combat can get annoying, but it's not a big issue. I feel like Arcane mages should have resistance to pushback for Evocate. When you lose a full tick of it almost any time you don't have Concentration/Tranquil Mind, it's quite irritating.

Alysrazor, large numbers, Combustion, Deep Freeze, Hot Streak, the ability to dump your mana pool for burst damage.

The inability to dps while moving (Arcane), Water Elemental bugging randomly, doing less damage for trying interesting things.

-Arcane is rather silly. The highest damage rotation rarely sees Arcane Barrage.
-Frost seems incredibly clunky, given that Water Elemental Freeze is on a 25 second CD and Deep Freeze is on a 30 second CD. I think Ice Lance should benefit from FoF procs more than FFB should, so you don't have to sit on 1-stack FoFs and risk losing procs.
-Fire is actually really good/cool, except for the fact that it's horrendous damage in PvE. It would be even more interesting if the FFB glyph DoT did more substantial damage, so that it would be worth it to refresh the FFB DoT stack, but Fireball would do more damage otherwise.

-Fire not sucking in PvE. It's the most fun spec to play.
-Arcane being more diversified. My first suggestions would be (1) make PoM have a MUCH shorter cooldown, obviously reducing damage elsewhere to compensate, and/or (2) making AB stacks affect Arcane Barrage in some way. Also it would be nice if Mage Shields were actually worth casting from a dps standpoint (via Incanter's Absorption)
-Frost having a more forgiving rotation. Currently it's a slight dps loss compared to Arcane AND much harder to play.

Arcane Barrage, Presence of Mind, Cone of Cold, Blizzard, Dragon's Breath, Mage Ward
100 Human Mage
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
  • PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
  • All

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
  • If I ever PvP, its BG's and RBG's

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
  • The ranged slot is a stat stick, for all intents and purposes. Would be cool of clothies got some more use out of it.

• What makes playing your class more fun?
  • The variety of specs makes each one unique and fun in its own way. I also like the lore and imagery behind magi.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
  • I think these two questions go together, so I'll sum them up in a few words:
    Arcane: Rotation feels boring and predictable, but dps is consistent. I like the on-demand dps cooldowns and creative use of spells that are otherwise limited in use (i.e. Mana Shield, Mage Ward, and Mana Gem).
    Fire: My favorite spec, love the theme and when I have good aoe as fire it feels awesome. I do not like the high level of RNG with dps and lack of on-demand dps cooldowns. Combustion is only useful if the stars align. Surely a way exists to keep the flavor of Hot Streak while also keeping the dps consistent.
    Frost: Love the utility and control for appropriate situations and the on-demand burst is nice. Icy Veins is one of my favorite mage abilities. Not too crazy about Mr. Blue Buddy but I understand why he is there.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?
  • I think Mirror Image needs some love. It has always been useful as a threat protection type ability and we all loved it when we had 4pc T10. But now its kinda just there, and this was our level 80 ability. Flame Orb is great as Fire and Frost, but needs some love as Arcane. I have also been leveling a shadow priest lately and find myself loving Mind Flay. Would love to see a mage ability like this, a channeled "line" blasting into the enemy. Maybe something to change up the Arcane rotation or a cool spell for Fire for handling dots.

• What spells do you use the least?
  • I can't think of any mage spell I don't regularly use depending on spec.
    Edited by Meigas on 9/12/2011 11:29 AM PDT
    100 Blood Elf Mage

PvE

Light raiding

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

-Tracking what crits applied to ignite and which ones were ignored. Simply stating how much damage ignite is ticking for instead of having to rely on an add-on to do that would be a welcome addition.
    - A cooldown on ritual of refreshment. This really, REALLY should not have a cooldown when its so easy for other players to accidentally move, jump, etc thus breaking the channeling of the spell.

As a fire mage I get the most enjoyment when I'm on the move and burning multiple enemies at once.

-Limited number of targets for living bomb. I really miss the days when I could throw living bomb up on 15 enemies at once, iceblock and watch the ensuing madness.
    -Impacts not spreading dots for whatever reason especially when its combustion that doesn't get spread, is heart breaking.
    -Crits being ignored for ignite especially when, for instance, a fireball and a pyroblast hit nearly at the same time and both crit.
    -Avoiding mastery stat increases like the plague

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

I love my rotation

-Really fix the crit/ignite mechanics instead of limiting what causes ignite.
    -Remove the 3 target limit on living bomb (a pipe dream I'm sure)
    -Give fire mages some way to have their flame orb shoot multiple enemies at once.
    -Redesign fire mage mastery

Mirror Image. It has more use as a emergency threat drop than as a damage boost so I find myself always saving it for a wipe instead of using it to help damage something.
    90 Blood Elf Mage
    I focus on both PvE and PvP.

I regularly do heroics, but want to do some raids because they offer more challenging content. However, I usually don't have time to do them. I would like to see more challenging dungeons that would scale with the number of people present, because sometimes I enjoy doing things on my own but they aren't worth it if there aren't decent rewards.

I do Arenas for the sole purpose of leveling my very small guild ever so slowly. I do BGs sometimes to test out a new build or new item set or simply to get some HP. I would, however, like to see BGs that don't revolve around taking a flag or capturing a relic. What about something more unique like sea battles or air fights?

Why does conjuring food require mana? When I switch specs and my mana goes to 0, it gets annoying when I'm in a hurry and forget to conjure food before switching specs.

I enjoy the challenge of playing solo and having to kite/cc/root my targets so they don't run up to me and kill me.

-I enjoy using arcane magic, but the spells need cooler animations.
    -Also, using arcane blast 95% of the time gets rather boring.
    -I don't like how most trinkets have a chance to increase intellect and that doesn't increase my current mana. So that screws up my mastery.
    -If I have a staff and wand, why don't I use them?

My regular rotation is Arcane Blast.
    My mana-saving rotation is Arcane Blast x3 then barrage.
    My kiting rotation is Arcane Blast x3, frost nova, blink, barrage

I like the idea of Arcane Blast becoming more expensive/powerful with each stack, but having to use it all the time is way too repetitive. At the very least you could at least make the other spells 'look' more powerful depending on the number of stacks you have built up.

A cooler arcane tree with a less repetitive rotation.
    Different resources depending on the spec (like druids have with balance).

Frost Bolt, Fire Ball, Frostfire Bolt, Scorch (because I'm Arcane).
    For Arcane, I use arcane missiles the least since it takes away from my arcane blast dps.
    Edited by Andréa on 9/12/2011 11:31 AM PDT
    85 Blood Elf Mage
    VEX
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PVE only - I haven't set foot in PvP since Cata

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Firelands Raiding

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    N/A

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    With Glyph of Slow Fall, and removing the reagent for AI, i cannot think of anything

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    The different playstyles of each Spec Arcane/Fire/Frost

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    Arcane Rotation... its lackluster, and quite dull, mashing 2 buttons for high DPS

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    As above - feeling forced into Arcane to remain competitive in Raids, with a lackluster rotation and spell utility.

Fire/Frost - is fine, makes you pay attention - having Scorch while moving gives us needed PvE mobility

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    I'd like a trainable polymorph <Critter> - go find a critter and learn it as a polymorph - something a bit more fun.
    Reduce the CD on Ritual, i do no understand why its a 5 min CD.
    More Portal Destinations - or even better a "worm hole" effect to leave and come back quickly
    Make FrostFire bolt usefull again, its a great spell but doesn't compare to regular Fireball for output
    Let us name our Water Elemental

■What spells do you use the least?
    Frost Fire Bolt
    Cone of cold
    Presence of Mind - used really only for Insta Poly in Arcane Spec
    Ring of Frost - PvP use only
    Dragons Breath - was good for Cho'gall... haven't used it since
    100 Human Mage

Both.

Heroics/normal mode raids.

Mostly just BGs.

None.

Burst damage and big AB Crits.

Having to play one spec during raids.

The rotation is pretty boring, however managing mana is fun.

Make frost viable again. I havent played it in raids since vanilla (MC and BWL)

Anything that isnt arcane blast, arcane missiles or fire orb
    85 Human Mage
    Both PvE and PvP

Casual raids and heroics

Nothing that I can really think of. I'd enjoy not requiring regents to use portals or summon the table. That stuff only takes up a whole 3 bag spaces, so I'm not really concerned about it

I play fire. I love the AoE. I love seeing lots of numbers pop up on my screen. In PvE, I love spreading a huge combustion to multiple mobs, and watching them all burn. It's great fun

In PvP, I love being able to control my opponents. It's hilarious when I catch 4-5 people in a single dragons breath and am able to retreat back to my team. As frost, I enjoy being able to lock down melee so easily. When I'm around, there isn't much they can do besides pop defensive cool downs and try and slaughter me

The RNG. As a fire mage, I either do incredibly well, or very lack luster. One second, I'm throwing out pyroblasts like there is no tomorrow. The next, I'm throwing out fireballs or scorches which don't pull enough DPS on their own. I need to crit to really use the spec. I understand that the game needs some RNG, but why does fire rely on it so much? Look at the frost tree. That's a prime example of how RNG should work. RNG is still there, but you feel like you control your own destiny with that spec. Same thing with arcane.

In PvP, if I don't get good RNG, I'm not going to put out enough damage to kill my opponent. Fire PvP relies on you being able to out last your opponent. I'm definetly not going to out last my opponent when all of my damage comes from living bomb (which can easily be dispelled) and non-crit scorches. If I get good RNG, I can't lose, which is just as bad as having bad RNG. I'll hit someone with a barrage of pyroblasts, which can devastate someone. I sometimes feel bad for my opponents

My rotation is fine as fire. It's a little boring at times though. All I do is hit fireball and refresh living bomb for the most part. Hit pyroblast when hotstreak procs, use flame orb and combustion when off cooldown. What would make fire more fun is if you removed the ridiculous amounts of RNG it requires to be efficient

Arcane needs something added to it. It's very bland

Frost, I'd say, is a perfect example of a good, entertaining rotation. There's a lot of stuff you have to watch for, and a lot of times I say to myself, "Hmm, should I use this last FoF proc on ice lance, or wait for a brain freeze proc?" It's a lot of fun, and I wouldn't change anything with it

You know the meteors that fall from the sky on the trash pull up to Ryolith? I want that. It be a great AoE spell that we could spam on AoE pulls. It could be the mage's "multishot". Lets face it, Blizzard is a very weak spell compared to the AoE of other classes.

Change the impact talent. Make it so fireblast always spreads dots. The stun portion of the talent can still be a useable proc. It's annoying when I absolutely need to spread my dots, but I'm unable to because the darned thing isn't up, even after fishing for one with blastwave and flamestrike

Remove the water element from the game, or make him less dumb. He's this huge, bubbling idiot. He's noisy. He always seems to be dead or on the other side of the map when I need to use his freeze. Just, get rid of him!

I use everything in my arsenal. Obviously, I'm not casting frostbolt if I'm in a fire spec, but for the most part, I use every spell in the book
    100 Blood Elf Mage

PVE

Hard Mode Raids

N/A

Charges on mana gem, or atleast 5 some of these boss fights are long.

Unique abilities

Pigeonholed specs for highest dmg output

Boring rotations with little thought on my part, most of the time I am spamming 1 button I think you can guess what that is.

New spells, exciting talents, some sort of changes to involve more spells into rotation and give a higher skill cap that not anyone can do.

As arcane I never use barrage ever it is a waste of a 31 point talent and needs serious work for the strength of some classes 31 pointer.
    90 Undead Mage
    -PVE Arcane Mage.

-Heroics and Raids.

-N/A

- Having to re-cast my mage armors every hour does get slightly tedious. It's not a huge deal, but I do feel spoiled on my Warlock alt when I can cast my Fel Armor and have it stay up until I die.

- I do love being able to destroy everything in my path as Arcane. I love the spec and prefer it over Frost and Fire, and the concept of being able to control your mana to the extent of Arcane keeps me interested and amused during fights.

- My only real issue with an Arcane mage is my feeling of a lack of AoE. Sure I can Blast 4x to stack up my debuff then Explosion, but the debuff wears off pretty quickly.

- Arcane rotation sure isn't Feral kitty rotation, of which I appreciate, but it isn't just one or two buttons. I am pretty happy with arcane and the art of being able to manage your mana.

- My mirror images' personal independence is a little aggravating. Sometimes they love to run off in some direction attacking something that isn't in combat when combat ends, just because it is in range. (As well as T12 2 piece, except more often. Which is probably due to the fact that I am able to control when my mirrors happen and not so much with Bubba, the slightly special short-bus mirror image proc…) This happens less in current content but it happens pretty often when I am alone in Molten Core. I wouldn't mind as much if they attacked the target I was attacking as they should but every once in a while if they really didn't feel like it they could at least go get me a sandwich or something if they didn't want to be useful.
    - A wider variety of teleports, if not even portals would be pretty nice personally. Seems that lore-wise Jaina and company can just teleport anywhere they please. Being able to portal others to capital cities I do understand but teleports, (even to random, slightly odd or out of the way places like some dune in the middle of Tanaris,) would be preferable.
    - I love Iceblock and Invis, I do, but Mana Shield and Mage Shield are… underwhelming at best. Having a defensive cooldown to mitigate damage in PVE combat would be nice, there is Barkskin, Elemental Mastery, Deterrence, Dispersion.. the list goes on. Iceblock is a great way to completely stop all damage, and Invis has gotten me out of so many hairy situations I lost count years ago, but being able to mitigate some high amount of damage and be able to move out of the fire at the same time is something I would kill for. Mana shield really only will absorb about 10k damage at best, and Mage Shield is situational only for certain types of incoming damage. I know its a lot to ask for but I would happy trade in both of my shields for it.
    - I was really excited for the Wall of Frost before Cata came out, and was a bit disappointed when it became the Ring of Frost, and even more disappointed when it became an actual ring of freezing instead of the circle. The concept of an actual wall that I could summon was novel and I imagined being able to pop it and it would make anything hesitant to try to move through it, for PVE and PVP. The wall made me feel like I was going to be a mage, a wielder of the magical forces of the universe and could bend it to my will, doing things no other creature could possibly comprehend. Now with circle I feel kind of like a Hunter throwing down an Ice Trap.

- My shields to be completely honest. I gave up on Mage shield a while ago and Mana shield blocks such a minute amount of incoming damage in the Firelands that I will really only pop it at the beginning of the fight, just to feel like I'm being useful.
    Edited by Gricaverly on 9/12/2011 11:32 AM PDT
    90 Gnome Mage
    I would just like to use my post to fully support everything Mivva said on page 2..

In the first two pages, he/she was the only one that hit every point exactly right. It doesn't help much when you have every other player whining about things they don't really know much about (I'm looking at you, level 82 mage on the first page.. /facepalm)
    100 Human Mage
    # What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE exclusively

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Firelands raiding

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

n/a

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I wish for Teleport, Portals and Tables to all uses the same reagent: Arcane Powder. Having to still use three reagents while you got rid of most of the other classes reagents is sad. I dont mind Arcane Powder, ever since it stacks to 100. But please, the runes of teleport and runes of portals are really really annoying.

Another quality of life i would like is a Glyph of Mage Ward, which would change Mage Ward from absorbing a nice amount of damage (10k) into something like "Reduce all magical damage by 30% for 6 seconds" or the sort. Because i really would like a mini-mitigation cooldown to help my healers in raids. Even in its 10k form, it would be nice but sadly only absorbs Frost, Arcane and Fire damage. Which outsides of Firelands, never happens. Ever. It's ALWAYS Nature or Shadow damage.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

Burning Stuff as a Fireballin M.A.G.E

# What makes playing your class less fun?

Having to spec Arcane because Fire is literally the worst dps spec in the game for Single-target damage.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

My primary spec is and always has been fire. However, due to imbalance I am forced to raid as an arcane mage

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

To be able to raid as fire once again

# What spells do you use the least?
    85 Troll Mage
    I just wrote long answers for every question, hit Preview, and nothing happened. My writing was erased and there was no back button or undo.

Sigh.
    100 Troll Mage
    What type of content do you focus on? Mainly PvE with some PvP on the side

If PvE, what type of PvE? 6/7 Heroic Firelands

If PvP, what type of PvP? Arena, Normal BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. None

What makes playing your class more fun? Fights like Alysrazor or Omnotron where you can obtain a buff for greatly increased damage, or a fight like Illidari Council where you were actually required to tank the mage.

What makes playing your class less fun? Nothing really in PvE atm but in PvP dealing with melee cleaves is annoying. Everyone has a kick including healers. Any CC I manage to put out is instantly dispelled, while Garrote, Throwdown, Maim lasts the full duration unless you use something to get out. Being forced to spam Ice Lance instead of using Frostbolt as well.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I don't have a huge problem with the Arcane rotation. It may consist of Blast, Missiles, Explosion and sometimes Barrage but i'm fine with that. I think if you were going to mix up the rotation a bit it would have to be with Arcane Barrage.

What’s on your wish list for your class? I would love to see a return of Improved Frostbolt to replace Early Frost for pvp so we could use Frostbolt like we used to as well as possibly having something to cover CC like in Wrath with Winter's Chill

Blizzard, Slow, Dragon's Breath, Arcane Barrage
    Edited by Duji on 9/12/2011 11:34 AM PDT
    90 Blood Elf Mage
    PVE

Heroics

Reduce mana cost of frostbolt a little. It is the most expensive standard spell a mage has.

The varied gameplay between specs.

Improve aoe damage of frost mages for pve. Either bump up blizzard damage or maybe give frost a talent that converts flamestrike into frostfire damage. Make improved arcane explosion have a chance to refresh arcane blast buff to make aoe a little easier.

85 Undead Mage

95% PvE.

If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Raids, Heroics, Old Content

Lots of experience in Arena/BGs. No rated BG exp.

There is no reason for Mages to need three different reagents at this point in the game. Runes, Portal Stones, and Arcane Powder?

Dynamic PvE Rotations
    Nerfs? Nothing really.
    Frost 10/10
    Fire 7/10
    Arcane 5/10

Being able to play any spec in PvE competitively.
    The casted version of Flamestrike is pretty useless and cumbersome outside of Fire spec.
    Edited by Critrocket on 9/12/2011 11:38 AM PDT
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]