Resto Druid PvP, the serious thread.

100 Tauren Druid
and then a dragon came.
Reply Quote
92 Orc Warrior
Props to you for making some valid points. I agree with most of your points except for the barkskin one. Believe it or not, 20% dmg reduction does make a difference when timed well. Druids are currently the worst healers out of the 4 and i don't really think that's gonna change untill MoP.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
What exactly are some of you looking at that leads you to believe we are getting fixed in MoP? There is nothing being done to fix our damage mitigation/armor rating. We are losing barkskin, losing feral regen/enrage, losing 2 out of 3 charges on natures grasp. Displacer beast seemed good initially, but it has already been nerfed. And if we can’t use it when stunned like blink then it won’t even save us when we need it.

For some reason these idiots refuse to put our armor rating/damage mitigation on par with the other healers and have refused to give us answers as to why, but apparently they are going to continue to keep us here right through MoP.

You think symbiosis is going to help? Our problem is our own survivability and from what I’ve seen they aren’t giving us much to assist with that with symbiosis.

Here are the three resto symbiosis abilities have been revealed to date:

Mage – Ice block is far from the best choice. Blink would have been the right choice here. Ice block will be much less effective for us then it is for mages. When a mage pops it, their healer gets their health up. Unless we’re running 2s or 3s with another healer, we will be in the same place we were in when we popped it from a health perspective (save for any hots we had ticking on ourselves which will be de minimis). It will have its uses, like when we are stunned and we see a pally blow wings or a rogue blow shadow dance, but blink would serve the same purpose, and has a much shorter cooldown and we could use it to get out of trouble multiple times in a match. This isn’t a total waste, but will really just spare us from death for an extra eight seconds and then we will be right back where we started. Now that natures grasp has been nerfed I would even take frost nova instead of this.

Priest - leap of faith is a total waste. Out of all the abilities a priest has to assist in their survivability that we can use, why give us something like this? Give me disc bubble, give me inner fire, give me psychic scream…give me anything to help me survive. We don’t need to LoF our partners to safety, because against the good teams we are the burn, not our partners.

Pally - hand of sacrifice? Is this a bad practical joke? Are they actually giving us something that makes us take MORE damage? Can you say “hard switch to me now”? Are the devs really this clueless? Everything a pally has that could help us; all of their shields, bubbles and damage mitigation abilities…hand of sacrifice??? This is absolutely insulting.

Newsflash morons: You made holy pallies impossible to kill. The strategy against a holy pally is to CC them and burn their partner. Since no one even bothers attacking a holy pally, hand of sacrifice for a holy pally is goooooood. The strategy against a resto druid is to have everyone pile on him and kill him in three seconds. Abilities that make us take more damage are baaaaaaad. Do you really need your customers to explain your job to you?

These are the idiots we are relying on to fix us? Do they not realize that we die in a three second stun and EVERYBODY KNOWS IT? Are they going to do anything to address this? After fourteen months these idiots think that our problem is we can’t keep our partners up. HELP US!!!

MoP is going to be a complete disaster for us. After this mess launches we are going to be wishing we were as “good” as we were in cata.

Good job morons.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
yeah well i tough the exacty same thing with simbiosis, but ice block is goin to be one cool down that could help in some hard switches, dont know how efective will be, but something is something. well its time to wait, any news regarding druid status atm??
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
It's really funny to see Disc Priests try to come in here and say Druids are fine, L2P, all that nonsense. Priests and Pallies regularly survive zergs, hard switches, etc.

Disc Priests regularly run the flag in WSG/TP, tank half the enemy team, etc. See it nearly every day.

I remember when this was the case for Druids towards the end of WOTLK, it lasted about 2 weeks because of all the screaming and crying about OP healing and our Thorns which weren't useless for once (even though they were a tad OP at the time).

I also remember how absurdly OP Ret Pallies & DKs were for most of WOTLK, and yet that was okay. Mages have been OP for half of WOTLK and ALL of CATA, so much so the Daily Blink constantly makes fun of how OP they are. Disc Priests have been crazy good for quite some time, and yet Druids get strong for a short time then get a nerf.

Oh and to all the folks talking about long term Druid domination in Arena, Season 3 was the only season it was out of control. They fixed LB for Season 4 and toned down its healing per tick. Then we sucked at the start of WOTLK and it slowly evened out. So please don't talk like this is the first season we haven't been the best. You haven't been playing long if you believe that nonsense.

I hate the way Blizz does things when it comes to class balance. They clearly have their favorites and it has become really old.
Edited by Quackie on 2/20/2012 3:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Something I'm noticing after switching to my druid is that the Nature's Ward talent, which *should* be a strong talent if you compare it with the pvp talents of other healers, is actually terrible. I'm hoping this is an oversight. Blessed resilience is far better for example. And that's in the Holy Priest tree lol.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
02/25/2012 04:33 PMPosted by Mondune
Something I'm noticing after switching to my druid is that the Nature's Ward talent, which *should* be a strong talent if you compare it with the pvp talents of other healers, is actually terrible. I'm hoping this is an oversight. Blessed resilience is far better for example. And that's in the Holy Priest tree lol.

If it is an oversight, it is one that they have missed for over fourteen months now. And it is just one of many things in the long list of abilities that other healers have which are far better than ours.

Crap, even the dps class/specs have heals that are better than our pathetic hots now.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I just exited a bg since I was told I was a lousy healer as a shaman was out healing me and a lock as well. Goes to show we are pretty useless in bg's now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/25/2012 09:39 PMPosted by Shazmoo
I just exited a bg since I was told I was a lousy healer as a shaman was out healing me and a lock as well. Goes to show we are pretty useless in bg's now.

Druids may have serious survivability issues in BGs but if you're getting outhealed by a lock you may want to consider if it's you. Try fixing your spec. You don't even have the barkskin glyph.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
i heal great in random battlegrounds, dont get me wrong ... but i spam the !@#$ outta my spells and run around all over ... rooting and everything. i did 4 arenas as resto with a rogue, lets put it that i starting winning when i gave up my pvp gear and put on my pve tanking gear, that is sad.

Blizz there is such a huge outcry for blue posts on this one thread ... i read the whole thing and have yet to see one. did i miss it? are you guys seriously ignoring not only a HUGE pvp issue but what is branching out into a pve issue.

btw your ToL sucks, there is nothing to say about it. "woot!!! in tree form ... stunned .... that is ok i'll heal when i get out of it....dead.....next time i'll get a heal off my ToL!!!!

honestly i dont care about nerfing anyone else or boosting anyone else, i just want a blue post on this thread, if ya dont think it is balanced though ... you prolly should be fixing it ... even a hot fix with the lifebloom only requires one stack, with 4set undispelable, has a small healing boost and can be put on lets say 3 people wait why were we limiting the number of people lifebloom can be on.

lets talk Grace .... it is what a 9% healing boost on everything that is affected by all direct heals ... i can spam almost any healing spell from a priest and put it on how many people at once? unlimited O.O hmmmmmm well that must be a mistake ... blizz i know you wouldnt do soemthing stupid like that! wait ... you did.

a lifebloom isnt op ... mine doesnt even tick for 1.5k and that is at max stacks. and while we are at it ... take away tol's stupid ability enhancements and make it a permy buff! that will give us some of our survivablity back ... make our hard switches a little more bearable, ohh and you know not overpower pve. because lets be honest .... if i could in pve (i need the lifeblooms procs not its healing) ... i wouldnt even rotate lifebloom on the tank cuz 1.5 a sec may add up ... but that is just helping my other healers overheal on him lol!

even in 2's on a fresh team ... the switches were unbearable and tol was the biggest waste of a cd ever ... you have to was a gcd to use it ... it lasts for what 25-30 seconds ... and during that time you have to oom yourself to keep yourself alive cuz all you can do is spam regrowth. c'mon blizz use your brains ... borrow someone elses ... maybe ask swtor for a hint or two.

at the end of writing this i am even debating on posting it or not ... because someone is going to troll me saying "your highest arena team rating is xxxx" someone else is going to say "druids arnt that bad you just have to learn to play them" (feral lol! no pvp gear and it survies better lol!) and someone else is going to say "u mad bro" and after all is said and done .... there will never be a blue post because lets face it ... like everyone has said ... blizz doesnt give a %^-*! all they would need to do is throw in a hotfix. and almost all of it is on lifebloom ... the bread and butter of a resto druids talent tree ... that is about as usefull as a used piece of toilet paper.

sincerely

please fix this stuff soon or lose a lot of customers.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
What exactly are some of you looking at that leads you to believe we are getting fixed in MoP? There is nothing being done to fix our damage mitigation/armor rating. We are losing barkskin, losing feral regen/enrage, losing 2 out of 3 charges on natures grasp. Displacer beast seemed good initially, but it has already been nerfed. And if we can’t use it when stunned like blink then it won’t even save us when we need it.

For some reason these idiots refuse to put our armor rating/damage mitigation on par with the other healers and have refused to give us answers as to why, but apparently they are going to continue to keep us here right through MoP.

You think symbiosis is going to help? Our problem is our own survivability and from what I’ve seen they aren’t giving us much to assist with that with symbiosis.

Here are the three resto symbiosis abilities have been revealed to date:

Mage – Ice block is far from the best choice. Blink would have been the right choice here. Ice block will be much less effective for us then it is for mages. When a mage pops it, their healer gets their health up. Unless we’re running 2s or 3s with another healer, we will be in the same place we were in when we popped it from a health perspective (save for any hots we had ticking on ourselves which will be de minimis). It will have its uses, like when we are stunned and we see a pally blow wings or a rogue blow shadow dance, but blink would serve the same purpose, and has a much shorter cooldown and we could use it to get out of trouble multiple times in a match. This isn’t a total waste, but will really just spare us from death for an extra eight seconds and then we will be right back where we started. Now that natures grasp has been nerfed I would even take frost nova instead of this.

Priest - leap of faith is a total waste. Out of all the abilities a priest has to assist in their survivability that we can use, why give us something like this? Give me disc bubble, give me inner fire, give me psychic scream…give me anything to help me survive. We don’t need to LoF our partners to safety, because against the good teams we are the burn, not our partners.

Pally - hand of sacrifice? Is this a bad practical joke? Are they actually giving us something that makes us take MORE damage? Can you say “hard switch to me now”? Are the devs really this clueless? Everything a pally has that could help us; all of their shields, bubbles and damage mitigation abilities…hand of sacrifice??? This is absolutely insulting.

Newsflash morons: You made holy pallies impossible to kill. The strategy against a holy pally is to CC them and burn their partner. Since no one even bothers attacking a holy pally, hand of sacrifice for a holy pally is goooooood. The strategy against a resto druid is to have everyone pile on him and kill him in three seconds. Abilities that make us take more damage are baaaaaaad. Do you really need your customers to explain your job to you?

These are the idiots we are relying on to fix us? Do they not realize that we die in a three second stun and EVERYBODY KNOWS IT? Are they going to do anything to address this? After fourteen months these idiots think that our problem is we can’t keep our partners up. HELP US!!!

MoP is going to be a complete disaster for us. After this mess launches we are going to be wishing we were as “good” as we were in cata.

Good job morons.

Classes are changing, the game is changing again. Feel free to rage about this season but we don't know much about what mists PvP will be like. I personally look forward to kiting people all over the maps again with wild charge, ursol's vortex, typhoon, 20% max health on a shift every 30s.. etc. Don't forget we'll still have Cyclone and Roots...

I can see it now...typhoon people off of Dalaran's edges, Blades Edge's bridge... jump off and wild charge back up to your teammate then follow with cyclone/roots, sounds like fun and exactly the kind of playstyle druids should have. (And even if we get caught with NONE of these short cooldowns up, we have Ironbark and Might of Ursoc to buy a few extra seconds while our teammates peel)

I'll wait until I actually PLAY with all these new tools to decide if anything is going to be a disaster.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

Classes are changing, the game is changing again. Feel free to rage about this season but we don't know much about what mists PvP will be like. I personally look forward to kiting people all over the maps again with wild charge, ursol's vortex, typhoon, 20% max health on a shift every 30s.. etc. Don't forget we'll still have Cyclone and Roots...

I can see it now...typhoon people off of Dalaran's edges, Blades Edge's bridge... jump off and wild charge back up to your teammate then follow with cyclone/roots, sounds like fun and exactly the kind of playstyle druids should have. (And even if we get caught with NONE of these short cooldowns up, we have Ironbark and Might of Ursoc to buy a few extra seconds while our teammates peel)

I'll wait until I actually PLAY with all these new tools to decide if anything is going to be a disaster.

Well since this thread has been rezzed, let me tell you exactly how mists will be like; 11k armor rating, zero damage mitigation, dead in a three-second stun. Just like now. No fixes.

I'm not denying that everything you listed above will buy us a few extra seconds, and against horrible keyboard turners/clickers we will be damn near untouchable, but every decent player will get on us and stay on us. We can't cast anything when we're stunned.

Hardswitch, dead. Just like now.

And 20% maximum health every 30 seconds? Any melee class takes us from 100% to 0% in mere seconds. What the hell is 20% going to buy us? A quarter of a second more of life?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I have a few ideas that I think would bring us up a notch or two:

-Strengthen Rejuv, and I mean around 10k non crit, which may sound unfair but it can be dispelled and there are effects that reduce incoming healing. We ARE the signature heal over time class after all.

-Make the Regrowth HoT actually useful for something other than a handle for Swiftmend. 3 ticks of maybe 5k-8k, but keep the direct heal about 25% lower than other classes' quick direct heals since we should have emphasis on heal over time abilities.

-Make Lifebloom cast 3 stacks at once, but keep the one-stack-dispelled-at-a-time feature. Also, allow Lifebloom to be cast on more than one target. OR(I like this one personally) have Wild Growth automatically cast one(or three?) stack(s) of Life Bloom on two of the lowest HP targets that it hits.

-When a HoT is diepelled, we are refunded 75% of the mana cost of the spell. OR When a HoT is dispelled, the target of the HoT is instantly healed for 50%/75% of the rest of the heal.

-Greatly increase the duration of our HoTs, maybe 20-30 second Rejuvinations, but I think Regrowth should keep a short, powerful HoT to make it the heal-over-time counterpart to Flash Heals from the other healers.

-Maybe allow HoT crits to trigger Living Seed just as direct heals do, and allow Living Seed to stack upon itself just like the absorption shields of Priests/Paladins.

-We shouldn't have to worry about our defensive abilities getting dodged or parried for Christ's sake, we are healers. Give Restoration a few exclusive abilities for damage reduction just like Shams' spirit link totem. We lack many defensive cooldowns for our teammates, because Blizzard forgot that our mates can't shift and run away like we can.

-Allow Barkskin to be castable on teammates(like Thorns). Have a talent that reduces damage taken by recipients of our HoTs by maybe 2%-3% per HoT.

-Maybe change our mastery so it instead creates an additional HoT on our target that lasts as long as they have 2 or more HoTs active simultaneously. This extra HoT will continuously heal for an amount equal to 20%-25% of the ordinary HoTs' total healing(ticking every 1,2, or 3 seconds, haven't decided), with mastery increasing the amount healed per your HoTs as you gain more mastery rating.

Since Resto is a heal-over-time class, I find it ironic that we have a hard time surviving stuns and swaps when our HoTs should be sustaining us when we are not capable of reacting. That should be Restoration's specialty: healing without being there(like a warlock).

Anyway those were just some of my ideas, let me know if you have anything to add :D
Edited by Verouille on 4/30/2012 2:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Well since this thread has been rezzed, let me tell you exactly how mists will be like; 11k armor rating, zero damage mitigation, dead in a three-second stun. Just like now. No fixes.

I'm not denying that everything you listed above will buy us a few extra seconds, and against horrible keyboard turners/clickers we will be damn near untouchable, but every decent player will get on us and stay on us. We can't cast anything when we're stunned.

Hardswitch, dead. Just like now.

And 20% maximum health every 30 seconds? Any melee class takes us from 100% to 0% in mere seconds. What the hell is 20% going to buy us? A quarter of a second more of life?

First, even as bad as druids are, if you are playing right, you shouldn't be 100% to 0% in seconds. Period.. doesn't matter what class/spec you are.

Secondly, I was unaware that you already played MoP at max level and gear, with the final changes having already been made. My bad.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

First, even as bad as druids are, if you are playing right, you shouldn't be 100% to 0% in seconds. Period.. doesn't matter what class/spec you are.

Secondly, I was unaware that you already played MoP at max level and gear, with the final changes having already been made. My bad.

I know playing a holy pally with 36k armor rating and a devotion aura that brings you up above 40k armor rating and numerous magic shields/bubbles/whatevers that it is easy to say "dead in three seconds = bad player doing something wrong". I am full cata gear and have over 5000 resil and two melee kill me in three seconds when stunned, even when I'm hotted. Sometimes one player can if he gets a good RNG with his burst. And there is virtually nothing at our disposal to help keep us up other than the absolutely moronic solution of "well you need to find parnters that know how to peel"

Regarding your "final changes in MoP comment"; the MoP talents/abilities have been out for roughly five months now and still nothing mentioned about boosting our armor rating/damage mitigation. All this other crap will buy us all of a few seconds. We are squishier than a mage (literally), and all of these new abilities can't be cast when stunned. When are they going to address this? We're in beta now and still nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

I know playing a holy pally with 36k armor rating and a devotion aura that brings you up above 40k armor rating and numerous magic shields/bubbles/whatevers that it is easy to say "dead in three seconds = bad player doing something wrong". I am full cata gear and have over 5000 resil and two melee kill me in three seconds when stunned, even when I'm hotted. Sometimes one player can if he gets a good RNG with his burst. And there is virtually nothing at our disposal to help keep us up other than the absolutely moronic solution of "well you need to find parnters that know how to peel"

Regarding your "final changes in MoP comment"; the MoP talents/abilities have been out for roughly five months now and still nothing mentioned about boosting our armor rating/damage mitigation. All this other crap will buy us all of a few seconds. We are squishier than a mage (literally), and all of these new abilities can't be cast when stunned. When are they going to address this? We're in beta now and still nothing.

Hi this is my druid. I still maintain A) Dead in 3 seconds = doing something wrong (positioning, partners, SOMEthing), and B) that until we see damage and healing at max level and where we're at with the new tools at our disposal, it's not time to cry yet.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
In response to Verouille:

-Make Lifebloom cast 3 stacks at once, but keep the one-stack-dispelled-at-a-time feature. Also, allow Lifebloom to be cast on more than one target. OR(I like this one personally) have Wild Growth automatically cast one(or three?) stack(s) of Life Bloom on two of the lowest HP targets that it hits.

The Glyph of Lifebloom has been changed so that when you cast Lifebloom on a new target, it will transfer the amount of stacks the original target had (only when not in tree form).

--Allow Barkskin to be castable on teammates(like Thorns). Have a talent that reduces damage taken by recipients of our HoTs by maybe 2%-3% per HoT.

Ironbark – This is a replacement for Barkskin. It reduces damage by 20% for 12 seconds but is now castable on anyone and has a 2 minute cooldown (up from 1).

Regrowth – This now has a built-in 60% increased critical effect chance and it automatically refreshes the HoT duration if the target is below 50% health. The revamped Glyph of Regrowth increases the critical strike chance of Regrowth by another 40%, making it a guaranteed crit, but removes the HoT component.

Wild Mushroom and Wild Mushroom: Bloom – The Wild Mushroom behave just like they currently do. But now restos, rather than having a spell to detonate the mushrooms and do damage, now have an ability to ‘bloom’ the mushrooms and do healing.
Reply Quote
Hey, if we're supposed to be the most mobile class, how bout a passive skill so stuns/fears/anything only last half as long?

I only know about BGs, but I do know that whenever I get stunned or anything (and my trinket is on CD) I just leave the keyboard and go get some coffee, because the outcome is the same. 6 seconds is bull!@#$.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]