Resto Druid PvP, the serious thread.

90 Tauren Druid

Wild Charge just makes your toon jump forward and stealth in a predetermined spot. Competent arena teams can just throw down some aoe where the druid will land and then use gap closer/cc. It will be a useless spell outside of random battlegrounds and even in those it will only be useful if the spell sheds bleeds and dots that break your stealth, which it currently does not do.

Neither some kite skills or anything shown in symbiosis is going to fix the fundamental problems with rdruid pvp right now. With all the cc and gap closers and burst damage kiting simply is not a substitute for armor.

Umm... you might be thinking of displacer beast.. wild charge does different things based on your form, the most important of which are travel and caster form. Either jumps you forwards 20 yards, or flies you to an ally's position, respectively. Just to clear that up.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

You are correct, I was referring to displacer beast.

I can't see anyone taking this over wild charge. Displacer beast no longer removes dots, it put you directly ahead of where you were by 20 yards so you will be taken immediately out of stealth by any halfway decent team.

It's basically one aspect of wild charge on a three-minute cooldown, as opposed to the 15-second cooldown wild charge gives (plus the advantages you get in other forms of wild charge too).

That said; I fully expect the 15 second travel form wild charge cooldown to be nerfed down to two (or more) minutes once one player complains about it.

edit spell
Edited by Cowpow on 5/6/2012 2:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
To those of you who think ice block is the key, you are missing what Banaritaz said in his post. Sure your heals will proc in ice block.....but ya have to get the heals on first and as Bana pointed out....just getting those heals on is a challenege anymore. I don't mean a challenege like 'are we gonna win a bg', but a serious handicap given the stun issue and the fact when the ice block wears off we are right back where we started from. My healing totals are fairly high in bg's rated or random....but being an asset to the team and healing the other players are sometimes suspect as i have to spend so much time on stuns that i can barely keep me healed. As pointed out before even ToL doesnt help most of the time anymore.
To the poster that said if you were taken doen 100% to 0 in afew seconds you are doing something wrong then perhaps u glitched into the 80-84 level or lower bg's. I had a rogue hit me for practically half my damage in less than a second....a lot less (talking about a class that has almost unlimited escape or damage mitigation with silence, blind and all the other thing).
There is one issue that keeps us behind the eight ball and that is the stun issue (and for me the orange circle thing mages throw on us...that literally kills me). Give us something to mitigate stuns.
I say go back to making the pvp armor not letting us be crit and tree of life with some mods.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Darn i thought Druids were good healers...then again what do i know =P.

Hi everybody, let me introduce myself. This is my first post on these forums and this is also my first character on WOW :). In battlegrounds i usually come out as top healer in all games i play(unless i go to grave every 5 seconds because of rogues). I guess once i get to level 70 and start doing competitive games i will see for sure.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Darn i thought Druids were good healers...then again what do i know =P.

Hi everybody, let me introduce myself. This is my first post on these forums and this is also my first character on WOW :). In battlegrounds i usually come out as top healer in all games i play(unless i go to grave every 5 seconds because of rogues). I guess once i get to level 70 and start doing competitive games i will see for sure.

Druids are good healers. What we are lacking is survivability. It's crazy how fast you get killed against someone that knows how to play.

On the bright side.... When im on my mage I love resto druids :).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
05/08/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Timteebo

Druids are good healers. What we are lacking is survivability. It's crazy how fast you get killed against someone that knows how to play.

I'm sorry...can you define "good"?

Our hots are a ****ing joke. If we have dps on our partner and we completely hot him up, he may as well not have any hots on him, that is how fast he'll drop. And then once we try a timed cast heal; windsheer/silence/rebuke/any other interrupt out there...and bye bye partner.

So to recap...

Our heals are the worst (by far) of any of the healers in the game.

Our survivability is the worst (beyond by far) of any of the healers in the game.

Our ability to sustain mana and not go oom in a real fight is the worst (by far) of any healer in the game.

aaaaand....our CC is the worst of any healer in the game (cyclone is only good when you can instant cast it, which we can't. We try to cast cyclone in a fight it usually leads to us dying).

18 months of this crap. And what did the devs do for us? Let's see.....well they nerfed wild growth. I guess that's about it.

Hey devs...18 friggin months of this crap you useless, clueless, pathetic morons. Maybe one of you can take your head out of your *** and give us a blue post here and tell us allllllllllll about how having ice block is going to fix us. Keep up the good work. I'm sure monk healers are gonna rock.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
<blockquote/>

I'm sorry...can you define "good"?

Our hots are a ****ing joke. If we have dps on our partner and we completely hot him up, he may as well not have any hots on him, that is how fast he'll drop. And then once we try a timed cast heal; windsheer/silence/rebuke/any other interrupt out there...and bye bye partner.

So to recap...

Our heals are the worst (by far) of any of the healers in the game.

Our survivability is the worst (beyond by far) of any of the healers in the game.

Our ability to sustain mana and not go oom in a real fight is the worst (by far) of any healer in the game.

aaaaand....our CC is the worst of any healer in the game (cyclone is only good when you can instant cast it, which we can't. We try to cast cyclone in a fight it usually leads to us dying).

18 months of this crap. And what did the devs do for us? Let's see.....well they nerfed wild growth. I guess that's about it.

Hey devs...18 friggin months of this crap you useless, clueless, pathetic morons. Maybe one of you can take your head out of your *** and give us a blue post here and tell us allllllllllll about how having ice block is going to fix us. Keep up the good work. I'm sure monk healers are gonna rock.

You summed it up in a nutshell buddy, it's cool though they nerfed our wild growth but buffed holy pallies! Makes perfect sense amiright?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
its funny how you talk about resto druids not going over 1500 you don't even ghave a rating so don't talk kid, ive seen plenty of resto druid 2k+ idiot just learn how to play your class. go play a h pally and bubble yourself all you wish is that aresto druid had a oh sht botton learn how to play idiot.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Necro a thread from over a year ago and rage.
Start using perverse profanity about how Druids are So amazing.
Idk what server u are on but Druids suck in 3's. Sure you might do well in 2's but lol who cares.
There are good resto Druids but they have to play dot cleaves with pro players to be viable.
Rdruids have the best hots mobility and cc for healers in the game, but when then other team lines up dispels with burst u are dead.
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Druid
I'm relieved to see I'm not the only resto druid suffering from getting my !@# handed to me (Don't hate on me btw, I don't play much and I'm not very good, but i'm in random bgs not arenas so it balances out right?) Not sure I'm entirely qualified to be speaking here but I'm definitely enjoying seeing a more technical viewpoint of my class.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I recently played the GW2 beta and I can tell you that even though I played the weakest class in the game, I had WAY MORE survivability than I do on wow as a resto druid. I could also kill stuff ::gasp::.

I am well beyond caring at this point. :)

However I do think it is quite humorous that Guild Wars 2 is far far far more balanced than WoW even though the game is still in beta and Bliz has had about 7 years to balance their game. lol fail much?

GW2 should have very good pvp balance on an ongoing basis. Equalize gear, levels, buffs etc. and you have an easy path to balance PVP. It is a basic math concept. Reduce the number of variables and you have an easier solution in balancing the equations. The remaining variables are then behind the keyboard and all the L2Play issues... learn your class, learn the maps, learn your opponents strengths and weaknesses and learn to play with teamwork.

Blizzard has obviously always had a different design approach. Players have always been rewarded for pursuing every possible advantage, many of which are secured off of the playing field. Twink gear, FOTM rerolls each season, PVE legendary weapons and theorycrafting every skill change as if it was a Ph.D thesis are all good examples. Add in the fact the players dedicated enough to pursue these advantages will also be more experienced on the L2Play front and the disparity gap widens considerably.

On first look I thought MoP was making changes that would help balance. Specs have been stripped down. Talent trees have been laid bare with limited choices. These changes helped reduce the number of variables and should encourage balance. But then they added Symbiosis and it adds a ton of variables again. It is like corrupting the rules of a basic card game by adding a stack of jokers to the deck. But it fits the history and indicates to me the design philosophy is still intact. Advanced players will continue to have a smorgasbord of opportunities in gear, class comps and nerf/buff revisions to seek new advantages. PVP balance will remain elusive when so many extra variables are intentionally added to the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]