Resto Druid PvP, the serious thread.

85 Undead Priest
I see Resto druids at high ratings. I don't see your point.

I got to 2200 twice on my old server (Pve server) Before I transferred to Illidan and got to 2200 again playing phd....It's not the server keeping you from 2k.

You're joking about FH spam right...? The times ANY healer can actually free cast is very low. Well actually at the 1300 bracket which your in..Healers might actually get to free cast.

Instead of trying to heal through burst try preventing it. Might work a little better then w/e you're doing...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Resto druids are fine. Do they take a little more skill then said Rshamans? Yes

@Outbreak ability - "Would affect pve slightly" LOL. Watch vids of the 2200+ Rdruids. Learn something. If they can do it, why can't you? Or do you need blizzard to dumb your class down so 'people' like you can actually handle it?

You realize I am a 2200 Druid, right? 2300something in 3's PR.
Resto Druids aren't fine, please play one and then tell me what you think.

Edit. I've even been 2500 (2503 or something like that to be exact), you can check my highest arena rating in 3's in my statistics if you don't believe me.
Edited by Darthtinker on 9/3/2011 9:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
09/03/2011 08:22 PMPosted by Vesthis
Just because you play the spec it has to be really powerful now? Lol. That's just stupid.

I never said it has to be "really powerful". I do wish it could be on par with other healers.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I got a little higher then 1800 ;/...2220 something I think then I stopped

What class can actually recover from Burst? I can't? Does that mean Priest need buffs?

When a class like Shadow Priest starts bursting I can't heal through it. I can use Inner focus and get their Silence but it opens me up to fears because I have to stay still and hardcast.

You're a feral druid. You're not even 2k? You can start posting about the state of classes when you get a noticeable rating.

What? I easily can recover from burst on my Priest, 24k absorb effect in 1 global, PoM healing for a decent amount (10kish? I haven't ever took the time to check).

You have inner focus, you see, I can start to cast regrowth but I am and always will be open to fears AND silences.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
09/03/2011 08:50 PMPosted by Vesthis
Spriest Resto Mage is a good comp with good peels/cc and/control. You also get ring of frost and priest bubbles for extra protection instantly. Many restos run it. That said, yes, I understand, it's one comp, but it's still a comp.

I'm aware, and I run it. But a Rsham or even a Holy Paladin is better since I can very rarely get a Cyclone, making me sub par to every other healer.

When I say it's hard for me to get a Cyclone off, I mean that if I try to I make myself way to vulnerable to a switch and I'm in a horrible position.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I see Resto druids at high ratings. I don't see your point.

I got to 2200 twice on my old server (Pve server) Before I transferred to Illidan and got to 2200 again playing phd....It's not the server keeping you from 2k.

You're joking about FH spam right...? The times ANY healer can actually free cast is very low. Well actually at the 1300 bracket which your in..Healers might actually get to free cast.

Instead of trying to heal through burst try preventing it. Might work a little better then w/e you're doing...

Hunters are in a bad spot for PvP too and they're probably as bad or even worse than druids are atm. Are you saying someone can't be skillful at their class and try hard to do well? I believe Darths' point is that you MUST be exceptional to go past *insert random arena rating below 1800 here* and that isn't really the best design. Anyone who is/has been trying to get into arena will be shot down and this is a GAME so people should have fun playing the class/spec they want.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Resto has always dominated 2v2 and been difficult in larger encounters, mostly because it's easy to run from 2 people, but three can spread out enough to catch you. Putting 3v3 requirements on conquest gear basically excluded resto druids from that quality gear, except in rare cases of specific comps, in which the druid is the 5th man, and fills a jack of all trades role (root/cyclone, backup heals, dot pressure).

Going from 2v2 to more populated brackets requires a different playstyle, that's for sure, and not many can deal with it. Are druids weak in those brackets? Yes. Are they unplayable? No, but they require more real skill and a different way of thinking to be successful. It is much more difficult.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Hunters are in a bad spot for PvP too and they're probably as bad or even worse than druids are atm.

Again, outside of specific comps (enhance shaman), hunters have always been weaker in arena than bgs.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Resto has always dominated 2v2 and been difficult in larger encounters, mostly because it's easy to run from 2 people, but three can spread out enough to catch you. Putting 3v3 requirements on conquest gear basically excluded resto druids from that quality gear, except in rare cases of specific comps, in which the druid is the 5th man, and fills a jack of all trades role (root/cyclone, backup heals, dot pressure).

Going from 2v2 to more populated brackets requires a different playstyle, that's for sure, and not many can deal with it. Are druids weak in those brackets? Yes. Are they unplayable? No, but they require more real skill and a different way of thinking to be successful. It is much more difficult.

I don't really understand what you're trying to say, we're not talking about 2v2. I even said my post was about 3v3.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter

There is a reason 2v2 doesn't reward titles/t2 weapons. Your argument is that in the unbalanced bracket resto druids are OP/good. Also, hunters have ALWAYS been weaker unless playing BM and that hasn't been all that viable for a long time. Maybe in 2's where you apparently have much experience.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
I know this has probably been proposed before, but if the 4 piece pvp set bonus was changed to make lifebloom usable on two targets, I would be soo happy. And it wouldn't affect pve.

Druid 4 piece restoration pvp set bonus: Your lifebloom ability can now be used on two targets.

This could be a start? Small steps, blizzard? Druids are bad right now. PvP is really bad. Really bad. Seems like people are quitting left and right now, at least on my server. Oh wait, I think last quarter suffered a big subscriber loss as well?

Is all this just being ignored?

It would be better as "Lifebloom is now one stack with the power of three". Having to put out six GCD's to do some healing, then two GCD's every 8-9 seconds would be hectic at best.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
The problem with resto druid is PvE... we're too good at healing in raids, so mostly anything that could be done to close the gap in PvP is going to widen it PvE.

One thing that would extremely helpful is making lifebloom cast 3 stacks automatically, or remove the stacking mechanic altogether. This would be good because it would be a really big improvement for PvP but not change much for PvE, since you're supposed to always have lifebloom rolling on the tank anyway.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
The problem with resto druid is PvE... we're too good at healing in raids, so mostly anything that could be done to close the gap in PvP is going to widen it PvE.

One thing that would extremely helpful is making lifebloom cast 3 stacks automatically, or remove the stacking mechanic altogether. This would be good because it would be a really big improvement for PvP but not change much for PvE, since you're supposed to always have lifebloom rolling on the tank anyway.

Hence the reason I suggested things that wouldn't effect PvE :X.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior

Hence the reason I suggested things that wouldn't effect PvE :X.

I know... I'm just pointing out that it's going to be really really difficult to change our PvP mechanics because of how good we are in PvE.
Edited by Kåtypårry on 9/4/2011 3:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
09/04/2011 03:53 PMPosted by Omgpuntme
using 1 GCD to get 3 stack lifebloom doesn't fix much.

It fixes some things. It's our main spell, and having to use 3 GCDs every time you need to switch to healing another target is awful, and something no other healing class really has to deal with AFAIK.

But the suggestion of allowing 2 lifeblooms to be up at a time isn't that great because A) it makes resto even more overpowered in PvE (unless you make it a PvP 4 set bonus or something), B) having to use 6 GCDs to stack LB up and juggle 2 stacks of LB on 2 different people adds even more to the already chaotic mix of powershifting, hardcasting cyclone, etc., and C) it still doesn't address one of our fundamental weaknesses: target switches.

not that hard to los and lifebloom ur teammate 3 times >.<.

LB can still be purged quite painlessly since it doesn't heal for a heck of a lot when dispelled. And when it does get purged, guess what you have to do again? <_>
Edited by Kåtypårry on 9/4/2011 5:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
LB can still be purged quite painlessly since it doesn't heal for a heck of a lot when dispelled. And when it does get purged, guess what you have to do again? <_>

20k+ isn't a lot?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

20k+ isn't a lot?

The 3 stack of lifebloom is dispelled 1 at a time, so it doesn't all get dispelled at once. Heals for around 7k I'd guess per bloom.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]