Resto Druid PvP, the serious thread.

85 Human Warrior
09/06/2011 04:27 PMPosted by Darthtinker
But a problem is also that when you switch your lifeblooms quickly your original lifebloom never got to bloom so the the 1st person who was being focuses probably isn't at full health.

Another idea I've seen for that is having LB automatically bloom whenever you switch it to another target, but add a debuff that decreases the amount it blooms for based on how long it's been on a target. So a LB that has been on the target for 3 seconds would only bloom for 30% of the final value, 5 seconds for 50%, 8 seconds for 80%, and so on. I like this idea because it would give us a lot more control, wouldn't be prone to abuse through spamming, and wouldn't really affect PvE all that much.
Edited by Kåtypårry on 9/6/2011 5:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
09/06/2011 04:44 PMPosted by Baldric
Tired of even high rated players giving the "Healing Stream Totem ticks for more than Lifebloom" argument. Lifebloom ticks every second, Healing Stream Totem every 2 seconds, do the math.

But it DOES tick for more than Lifebloom.
Also Healing Stream Totem is passively down, Lifebloom heals for about twice as much as Healing Stream (Once again, a PASSIVE heal that lasts for 5 minutes) over the 10 sec duration (excluding the bloom).
Edited by Darthtinker on 9/6/2011 5:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
09/06/2011 04:56 PMPosted by Kåtypårry
But a problem is also that when you switch your lifeblooms quickly your original lifebloom never got to bloom so the the 1st person who was being focuses probably isn't at full health.

Another idea I've seen for that is having LB automatically bloom whenever you switch it to another target, but add a debuff that decreases the amount it blooms for based on how long it's been on a target. So something LB that has been on the target for 3 seconds would only bloom for 30% of the final value, 5 seconds for 50%, 8 seconds for 80%, and so on. I like this idea because it would give us a lot more control, wouldn't be prone to abuse through spamming, and wouldn't really affect PvE all that much.

That would be a good idea, I like it.
Reply Quote
83 Human Paladin
09/06/2011 05:02 PMPosted by Darthtinker
Tired of even high rated players giving the "Healing Stream Totem ticks for more than Lifebloom" argument. Lifebloom ticks every second, Healing Stream Totem every 2 seconds, do the math.

But it DOES tick for more than Lifebloom.
Also Healing Stream Totem is passively down, Lifebloom heals for about twice as much as Healing Stream (Once again, a PASSIVE heal that lasts for 5 minutes) over the 10 sec duration (excluding the bloom).

Saying stuff like this just degrades any other good points you may have. When people say it ticks for more than Lifebloom they are trying to use smoke and mirrors to insinuate that Healing Stream Totem is the more powerful spell (healing wise). The fact is anyone halfway versed in the game knows it's not true, and I'm sure Blizz does too. So my point is if you are trying to actually be heard, stop half-truths such as that which instantly discredit your other ideas.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Transform Hibernate into Sleep, shares DR with Blind/Fear :3 I want more CC ;P

Description of Sleep:

Sends your target into the Emerald Dream for 45 seconds damage will break effect. 8 Second duration on players. Only one target may be put to sleep at a time. xP
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

Saying stuff like this just degrades any other good points you may have. When people say it ticks for more than Lifebloom they are trying to use smoke and mirrors to insinuate that Healing Stream Totem is the more powerful spell (healing wise). The fact is anyone halfway versed in the game knows it's not true, and I'm sure Blizz does too. So my point is if you are trying to actually be heard, stop half-truths such as that which instantly discredit your other ideas.

It is right? Considering it heals 3 people (Or more depending on your situation) at once.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
09/06/2011 07:42 PMPosted by Baldric
When people say it ticks for more than Lifebloom they are trying to use smoke and mirrors to insinuate that Healing Stream Totem is the more powerful spell (healing wise).

I think the point is to demonstrate what a bad position druids are in right now since LB is our main healing spell, as our healing is entirely built around it (OOC procs, Replen, etc.).

And last time I checked, HST affects everyone in your party and doesn't have a fixed amount of healing that is spread evenly between the party, so depending on what you're running (2's, 3's, RBG's, etc.), the math works out that this can easily do more healing than LB, in addition to being orders of magnitudes less of an annoyance to use and maintain.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
09/07/2011 07:33 AMPosted by Kåtypårry
When people say it ticks for more than Lifebloom they are trying to use smoke and mirrors to insinuate that Healing Stream Totem is the more powerful spell (healing wise).

I think the point is to demonstrate what a bad position druids are in right now since LB is our main healing spell, as our healing is entirely built around it (OOC procs, Replen, etc.).

And last time I checked, HST affects everyone in your party and doesn't have a fixed amount of healing that is spread evenly between the party, so depending on what you're running (2's, 3's, RBG's, etc.), the math works out that this can easily do more healing than LB, in addition to being orders of magnitudes less of an annoyance to use and maintain.

^ Pretty much what I said but I said mine at 5 am so I wasn't in the mood to type a long paragraph lol.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
09/06/2011 11:29 PMPosted by Omgpuntme
so you want druids to have a spammable cyclone that can't be dispelled and then a sleep (spammable cc again like fear) as well??

Yes this is what i want :3 Someone has to have the sleep spell ;P
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
09/07/2011 06:38 PMPosted by Phoebelira
so you want druids to have a spammable cyclone that can't be dispelled and then a sleep (spammable cc again like fear) as well??

Yes this is what i want :3 Someone has to have the sleep spell ;P

Would be kind of OP :>.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
09/07/2011 07:13 PMPosted by Darthtinker
Would be kind of OP :>.
Psh shamans healing is Op ;P
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I normaly play druid, but also play shaman, priest and other classes like mage, dk, etc....

I not the best arena master, i just play for fun but play several classes and druid resto are a joke.... sorry but its true i think worse healing classes, its really fun but so frustrating....

i not think its about cc, or healing stuff. The problem its about survival, defensives cds.

I get focus on my druid and its like instanst die... with the shaman i dont have that problem, also my mage can handle several focus. but with my druid i get tire of dying.

I think have the same problem playing boomkin... (also i think shaman elemental have the same problem)

You dont have defensived cds, cant survival....

I think the solution its

1) change the model (for boomking and tree)... its too excesive big... its like red big "hitme"
2) get some dmg migration or armor. or some talents like someone say for reduce dmg....
3) the only defense for the druid atm its kitting and ciclone. when u get focus u cant cast nothing or run. Other clases have pain sup, shield, etc.... i think should add some def skills
4) tree form its cool, but spamming regrow u get oom in 2secs.
5) aoe healing its amazing but the direct healing its not like other classes (i think like 3/4 of another direct healing spells)

Im not joking druid its amazing clases but atm its so frustration get oneshooted in rbg, 3v3, etc.

Reply Quote
98 Troll Druid
Give resto druids 10-15% passive damage reduction and make the pvp 4-set allow lifeblooms on 2x targets. Couldn't ask for more.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
PUG
the only classes druids cannot survive is arms warriors,frost/unholy dks, feral druids, and ret pallys. I run druid mage lock and I just get tore up by arms feral and holy pally and classic tsg. they should make it where every hit we take reduces swiftmend by x amount of seconds.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
09/08/2011 12:22 AMPosted by Vultures
Give resto druids 10-15% passive damage reduction and make the pvp 4-set allow lifeblooms on 2x targets. Couldn't ask for more.

^ I know there used to be a talent similair to the dmg reduction on you while being focused back in Wrath, I forget what it's called but that would be a good idea.
Reply Quote
3 Gnome Warrior

Now that I think about it, the fact that they gave Soul Swap to the dot-based class and no comparable ability to the hot-based class kinda seems like a glaring oversight.

Regardless, I really like this idea.

Yeah, this isn't a bad idea. Although it still wouldn't stop people from spamming switches until something dies, one of the Druids weaknesses is when they need to switch hots and take many globals to do it, that is true. But a problem is also that when you switch your lifeblooms quickly your original lifebloom never got to bloom so the the 1st person who was being focuses probably isn't at full health.

Edit. This would be a buff though, better than how it is now for sure.

No, it wouldn't stop spam switches. But it'd give you something.

Ideally you'd make it consider lifebloom to have ended, so you'd get the bloom from it.

It'd give you a short cooldown to use on a switch and a decent bloom on the old target. So if they spam switched back to the other target the other target would at least be + a decent chunk of HP.

The real balance would have to be done with the mana cost and cooldown.

I think something along those line is the best way to deal with druid pvp balance because it has very limited pve impact and because it goes right to where the problem is. More passive damage reduction is nice and all but it isn't really the real problem. The real problem with resto right now is that it can't switch.
Reply Quote

why not just change the resto 4 piece pvp bonus to make lifebloom go on 2 targets so that it doesn't...

jk druids worst healer ever and will never be good again. like honestly even with full hots n regrowthing barely keeps up your target jk hard switch to the druid without full hots cy@

:cataclysm:

This is pretty much it.

To the idiot saying there has to be a worst healer: We arent here asking to be the best healer we are here asking for a BALANCED game. Blizz has done an absolute piss poor job of class balance during cata. Season 10 is the worst season ever.
And btw the only high rated resto druids got to those rating before the MMR nerf. Blizz in all their great wisdom decided to nerf MMR and not reset the ladders. So the druids you are seeing have been sitting there since week 1.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
The 3 stack of lifebloom is dispelled 1 at a time, so it doesn't all get dispelled at once. Heals for around 7k I'd guess per bloom.

Not even 7k More or less 5k

Ahh druids. The best HoT In your team is Recuperate!
Edited by Willowmakér on 9/8/2011 11:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]