Resto Druid PvP, the serious thread.

85 Tauren Druid
interesting thread...

Personally, I would be happy if the CC we already have was reliable. My cyclone and roots (especially my cyclone) gets resisted CONSTANTLY. I played a game this past week where a hunter resisted my cyclone THREE TIMES in a row.

As it is now, I generally avoid CC if I am being pressured because it so insanely unreliable and I figure that an extra heal is more prudent because I could well end up casting for 4 secs (including interupts) just to have my spell resisted. it sucks lol.

This is a great point, as well. Our CC is highly unreliable.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
interesting thread...

Personally, I would be happy if the CC we already have was reliable. My cyclone and roots (especially my cyclone) gets resisted CONSTANTLY. I played a game this past week where a hunter resisted my cyclone THREE TIMES in a row.

As it is now, I generally avoid CC if I am being pressured because it so insanely unreliable and I figure that an extra heal is more prudent because I could well end up casting for 4 secs (including interupts) just to have my spell resisted. it sucks lol.

Obviously you are not Spellpen Capped..? As you will notice any resto druid runs with the Spell pen cape for pen cap my cycs never get resisted

Gimping our already gimped stats in order to cap out another stat is not a the solution we need to fix our class.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Obviously you are not Spellpen Capped..? As you will notice any resto druid runs with the Spell pen cape for pen cap my cycs never get resisted

Gimping our already gimped stats in order to cap out another stat is not a the solution we need to fix our class.

The only healer's that don't get spell pen capped are holy pally's... It is intended for resto druids to cap spell pen in PvP (Just like shaman need to for hex and priests need to for fear).
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I agree with most of whats been said in this thread except for tacking on more mitigation to Perseverance. It's pretty much a mandatory bear talent and lots of pvp ferals have it to. This would be a huge buff for them. Moving it farther down the tree then buffing it so only restos could access it would be a pretty big nerf for bear tanks. Yes I realize rdruids need more survivability but I don't think buffing Perseverance is the way to go.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Don't cyclones get resisted due to lack of spellpen?

(legit question, I play a resto druid but not enough long term experience)
Edited by Horgh on 9/14/2011 12:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

just no. get hit capped and get the spell pen piece. it is not optional for serious play.

1/2 in balance of power will get most if not all restos to hit cap
Edited by Myrddin on 9/14/2011 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Bumping because the latest patch doesn't do crap all for Resto Druids.

In bg's, full ruthless gear, I get stunned, and burst damaged by a warrior. I'm dead in a few hits. Honestly I never died that fast as a feral kitty. In fact I killed warriors with ease as feral kitty.
I don't understand why resto druids are so paper thin in pvp. It's like everytime I get attacked 1v1 I have to pop my tree just to stay alive.
Not to mention I have to use a glyph to stop myself from standing out like a sore thumb and everyone focus firing on the big afro dude and popping all their interrupts and cc's on me.

If they're not going to do anything about the current mechanics, I think we should at the very LEAST get an armor buff or damage reduction to survive an extra..... 5 seconds? and lifebloom a single stack instead of 3.

I don't even mind tree form being permanent and getting the damage reduction in that form. Because seriously, if someone wants to kill me, they really do kill me.

I please blizzard. Do something!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

In bg's, full ruthless gear, I get stunned, and burst damaged by a warrior. I'm dead in a few hits. Honestly I never died that fast as a feral kitty. In fact I killed warriors with ease as feral kitty.
I don't understand why resto druids are so paper thin in pvp. It's like everytime I get attacked 1v1 I have to pop my tree just to stay alive.
Not to mention I have to use a glyph to stop myself from standing out like a sore thumb and everyone focus firing on the big afro dude and popping all their interrupts and cc's on me.

If they're not going to do anything about the current mechanics, I think we should at the very LEAST get an armor buff or damage reduction to survive an extra..... 5 seconds? and lifebloom a single stack instead of 3.

I don't even mind tree form being permanent and getting the damage reduction in that form. Because seriously, if someone wants to kill me, they really do kill me.

gear up noob. Complaining while undergeared is really foolish
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Enough time has passed now that every mele class recognizes resto druids as a free kill.

even with decent resil every 1vs1 with a mele class is a massive struggle to just barely run out of range and hopefully:

run out of range and therefore out of combat (may as well just turn the !@#$ing game off if thats all i'm doing in pvp anymore)
run out of range until a team member assists

its a fun class if you're into:

running away from every opposing player
sitting in stealth afk
dying every minute of play
being killed by death knights
Reply Quote
There a few easy fixes that might help that would have little to no impact in regards to PvE such as:

1.) Implement a talent in the resto tree, similar to HPallys 'Paragon of Virtue' which would reduce the CD of barkskin to 30 seconds just like DP.

2.) Allow our Tree of Life form be a timed buff, so we can shift in and out of roots & snares and not lose our 3 minute cd.

3.) Change glyph of Life Bloom, instead of an increased crit chance, you can apply Life Bloom to two characters.

4.) Your thorns ability now as a x% chance to disarm the attacking opponent. Never understood why every melee class needs an interrupt while healers don't get a disarm.

5.) Natures swiftness should be a 2 minute CD similar to our stronger counterparts Shammys NS or give us back insta roots.

Just a few ideas that would significantly help rdruids with their lack of survivability without breaking any PvE issues.

Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
09/03/2011 05:37 PMPosted by Darthtinker
I'm not going to lie, I did not read your post. But some specs are not going to be good all the time, and resto is no exception. For a large majority of PVP, resto druids have been powerful, or at least acceptable. You're not good now, deal with it, you're doing okay anyway, and on the cusp of glad range. You will be buffed in time, but you can't expect to be the #2 or #1 healer. Someone has to be the worst. At least we have feral to back up on.

So because Resto has been good before we have to be bad now? We are BY FAR the worst healer in PvP, and saying we have feral to back up on is dumb, I'm not going to be like 95% of the other Druids who went feral. My point is, when Resto Druids get replaced by a Resto Shaman just because of their class, something is wrong.

Also, we've been bad all through s9 and probably going to be through all of s10, who knows when we'll be buffed?

I really can't fathom why people resort to the straw-man argument that because resto druids had it so good in the past, they now have to be 'punished' for it. It's a very intellectually lazy argument.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Druid
Buff lifebloom by some reasonable amount, it wouldn't break pve as druids are getting phased out of that already by shamans and paladins. It's useable on only one person but it still only ticks for like 500 more than it did in wrath.

Nature's Ward also really needs some looking at. It's solely a PvP talent but it's god awful and does absolutely nothing. It needs to be some sort of stacking damage reduction debuff, like it use to be. It doesn't need to be some insane amount, maybe 2/4 or 3/6% damage reduction, or at least something that reduces damage taken as druids can be swapped to with full hots and barkskin up and still die which pretty much goes against what arena should be.

This is coming from someone who has played restoration this entire expansion as well as one of the only druids to consistently get high ratings throughout each season.
Edited by Hopelessness on 1/25/2012 10:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

gear up noob. Complaining while undergeared is really foolish

Gear up? Are you being serious? The only other thing higher than season 11 Ruthless is Cataclysmic.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
-They should give druids +120% armor in caster from + nature's ward should give like 5-10% dr.
-Lifebloom should be 1 stack for the power of 3, and it should probably still get a 20-30% buff
-regrowth needs a buff. To keep it unique, I suggest making the hot tick for more, and then having it not get overwritten by subsequent regrowths, kind of like an ignite mechanics for hots
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
If I could change three things, I'd get rid of Nourish as a spell entirely, bring back Lifebloom on multiple targets and make typhoon baseline.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Rogue
>So because Resto has been good before we have to be bad now?

After years of being utterly unkillable in arena for a few years, resto druids deserve to suck for at least 3 seasons.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

After years of being utterly unkillable in arena for a few years, resto druids deserve to suck for at least 3 seasons.

After being op for how many seasons, rogues deserve to be op some more?

Edit: This is blizzard's stance too, but I wish blizzard's stance was a little more objective, instead of so biased and vindictive
Edited by Thefirstone on 1/26/2012 5:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
16 Blood Elf Warlock

Haven't rogues been amazing for... forever?

Disc Priests have been great for as long as I can remember, too.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
evidence to support the "blizzard clearly doesn't care" theory is in the amount of attention they pay to the resto druid forum community.

not even a resto pvp sticky (not even for advice)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]