Resto Druid PvP, the serious thread.

90 Night Elf Death Knight
01/25/2012 08:18 AMPosted by Hawtpocketz
Change glyph of Life Bloom, instead of an increased crit chance, you can apply Life Bloom to two characters.

Lifebloom should have no target limit to begin with. Even if you can cast it on any amount of targets, it STILL wouldn't be ANYWHERE NEAR what ANYBODY could EVER call overpowered.
Reply Quote
01/26/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Autumnleaf
Change glyph of Life Bloom, instead of an increased crit chance, you can apply Life Bloom to two characters.

Lifebloom should have no target limit to begin with. Even if you can cast it on any amount of targets, it STILL wouldn't be ANYWHERE NEAR what ANYBODY could EVER call overpowered.

Can't argue with that. And someone mentioned making typhoon baseline; sign me up.
Reply Quote
55 Human Death Knight
I have always wondered how people can print what they feel is something good for everyone to read about a certain toon or ability and they block there own stats. What is it you are afraid of people seeing about you that you dont want people to see your profile? Hummmmm how can someone trust you when you are afraid of people seeing your stats. I have a hard time trusting your judgement . comunication = understnding
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
bumping huge thread about the most ignored topic in game.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
my arena partner is a resto druid I can see survivability issues as resto druids seem to be cc'd too easily and too often.
but you can always pop bear in between heals for stamina and armor bonuses; enrage then frenzied regeneration, if you use that with [glyph of frenzied regeneration] stack lifebloom with a rejuv go back to bear to gain increased heals on yourself.

it might not be as useful in 3vs3 if you are healing two dps and yourself but it provides pretty good survivability when you're in a tight spot.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

gear up noob. Complaining while undergeared is really foolish

Gear up? Are you being serious? The only other thing higher than season 11 Ruthless is Cataclysmic.

4526 resilience lol.... i have 5440 resilience 49.97% reduction so you're a little behind on gear, of course you're going to die in 5 seconds and I won't.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
^ u have 4032 resil...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid

Gear up? Are you being serious? The only other thing higher than season 11 Ruthless is Cataclysmic.

4526 resilience lol.... i have 5440 resilience 49.97% reduction so you're a little behind on gear, of course you're going to die in 5 seconds and I won't.

Yeah the pros die in 6 seconds.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
here is a good example of how a resto druid plays a battleground
http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/6326/restodruidlevel85pvp.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
01/29/2012 11:54 PMPosted by Rakkarr
^ u have 4032 resil...

logout gear
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Yes, it's true that resto druids are pretty gimpy in serious pvp, but they are still the most fun playstyle of any toon.

And remember this: if you get really good playing your gimpy resto druid right now, imagine how awesome it'll be to play when we get buffs!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Check out some of the interesting buffs we (may) get in MOP:

1. Finally, excess shape-shifting globals have been removed. For example, you don't have to shift to Bear Form, then Bash - Bash activates Bear Form. 1GCD instead of 2. The same with sprint, Demoralizing Roar, etc.

2. Speaking of Demoralizing Roar, disorient all opponents within 10 yards for 4 seconds on a 30-sec cooldown? Nice...

3. Faerie Swarm = 15 sec slow. Imagine you're in travel form at 140% speed and your opponent is at 50% speed? Trying to catch me? LOLOL

4. Cenarion Ward: Put it on yourself and next time you take damage, you get 3 Regrowth-size heals over 6 seconds? Neat! Put it on your teammate, they get 3 Regrowth-size heals while you are also Regrowth-ing and Swiftmending them? Nice buff to burst heals IMO.

5. Finally, ALL heals have been significantly buffed; looks like at least 10% although I'm just guessing (haven't done the math).

Bottom line is continue to play and get better at Resto now and be rewarded (HOPEFULLY, since none of the MOP stuff is set in stone) this summer.

Cheers fellow trees!

Reply Quote
88 Tauren Druid
i have about 4300 res in my pvp gear, not bad by any means. I was doing 3s with some guildies the other day(lock and rogue) and we were up against a shaman healer and 2 dps(cant remember what they were) They were doing damage back and fourth and the damage they were doing wasn't huge amounts and i was able to keep up with it pretty easy.

After a while through the fight though i used my innervate and was down to about 40k mana and noticed the shaman had not even dropped below 100k. WTF i knew at that point it was over.

All i have to say is the mana regen of shamans vs druids is retarded and needs a fix
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I think any healer but a druid can recover from burst. All other classes healing is so easy compared to resto druid. We get trained so hard its not even funny. You cant go anywhere in 3's because if ur teemates go for a kill and stop peeling for 10 seconds the druid is gunna be dead.....
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
So there is no hope?, we will end up waiting till next exp... probably end of this year? plz i need a blue post. i think im wasting my time trying to find a strategy. cant make anything work, and its not fun anymore :(
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
(rolls dice) C'mon blue post!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Rdruid arena is not that complicated...ever used cyclone? natures swift and cyclone u get 6 secs to heal... vs 1 quick insta heal, its hard to interupt a druid if ur running around wiith the 3 stacks of auto roots, throwing up ur HoTs, barkskin glyphed will lower crit chance aswell against u, learn mana conservation, dnt spam regrowth if u dnt have to, foir its quick and expensive, if ur gettin mana burned pop cat or bear, wen ur sheeped u have trinket and able to pop tree. lets see, rej HoT regrowth HoT lifebloom HoT wildgrowth HoT, tranq hoT siwftmend instant still leaving rej up, effloressence after swiftmend addn a heal sorta like a HoT. they dispell rej or lifebloom, boom big heal from it expiring. learn best time to use barkskin, it is only 2min cd andcan be used while stunned(important factor there..what class has that) if u hve time to cast healing touch, its a good strong heal AND reduces cd on natures swiftness by i believe 10secs a cast. and healing touch refreshes rej. Just a few key things i did back wen i healed
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
^

Ignore this fellow druid right there, he clearly have no idea what hes talking about.

Show us your achievments with resto or gtfo.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
should i go get em? or should i take my time to hop around threads uve posted on and have sumthin to say abt them? go continue to cry abt a class jsut cuz its not OP just learn how to play it, gear = nothing
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]