Resto Druid PvP, the serious thread.

90 Tauren Druid
5995
I'm not crying cuz resto isn't op, but the truth is that resto druid are way behind other healers in arena and even top resto druid have said it.

No offense but ur just a random guy with no achievments in pvp, so u have no idea what ur talking about.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
8270
i have achieves in pvp? lol i used to heal and i was great at it, then i got tired of bad tanks so i went resto/bear and then got bored of both and went cat, i still tank, and am currently workn on more resto gear again back with my resto playstyle, just because i dont have "achieves" to back up what i say doesnt mean i have no idea what im talking about
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
5995
02/06/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Nadiiran
i have achieves in pvp? lol i used to heal and i was great at it, then i got tired of bad tanks so i went resto/bear and then got bored of both and went cat, i still tank, and am currently workn on more resto gear again back with my resto playstyle, just because i dont have "achieves" to back up what i say doesnt mean i have no idea what im talking about


Man you just lost credibility in that post, we are talking about pvp/arena, this is a pvp thread man, not pve.

BTW your highest rating in pvp is 1500, so no offense man, but you have no idea what ur talking about.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
3075
[quote="31229323358"]What druids REALLY need is more spammable, reliable burst healing that doesn't take a huuuge amount of mana. I'll list all the classes flash heals here:

Flash Heal: 6272 to 7288 base healing, 28% base mana
Flash of Light: 6907 to 7749 base healing, 31% base mana
Healing Surge: 4484 to 5122 base healing, 27% base mana
Regrowth: 3383 to 3775 and another 1083*1 over 6 sec, totaling 4466-4858 base healing, 35% mana cost.

one thing you are forgetting is natures bounty 60% crit chance and living seeds 30% from a crit. theese allow much easier recovery from burst and if you gem and reforge crit which from my personal experience makes surviving in arena much easier. everyone talks about haste haste haste. the fact is haste is great and all. but in pve not pvp pvp crit allows much better survivability. i have 20% crit chance which allows 80% crit chance in ToL for my regrowth so when mixed with lifebloom i have yet to see a comp that can kill me like that. if you can die with 80% crit from regrowth 4.5k resil and a 3 Lb stack your doing something wrong. druids are fine. its just not a faceroll class like a priest or pally. Play it smart. use travel form to escape melee always have LB and rejuv on your target let LB expire when you need it. you will be fine
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
5995
[quote="31229323358"]What druids REALLY need is more spammable, reliable burst healing that doesn't take a huuuge amount of mana. I'll list all the classes flash heals here:

Flash Heal: 6272 to 7288 base healing, 28% base mana
Flash of Light: 6907 to 7749 base healing, 31% base mana
Healing Surge: 4484 to 5122 base healing, 27% base mana
Regrowth: 3383 to 3775 and another 1083*1 over 6 sec, totaling 4466-4858 base healing, 35% mana cost.

one thing you are forgetting is natures bounty 60% crit chance and living seeds 30% from a crit. theese allow much easier recovery from burst and if you gem and reforge crit which from my personal experience makes surviving in arena much easier. everyone talks about haste haste haste. the fact is haste is great and all. but in pve not pvp pvp crit allows much better survivability. i have 20% crit chance which allows 80% crit chance in ToL for my regrowth so when mixed with lifebloom i have yet to see a comp that can kill me like that. if you can die with 80% crit from regrowth 4.5k resil and a 3 Lb stack your doing something wrong. druids are fine. its just not a faceroll class like a priest or pally. Play it smart. use travel form to escape melee always have LB and rejuv on your target let LB expire when you need it. you will be fine


I'm sorry but you are just another 1500 rated player telling people how to play the class, resto druids are NOT fine in arena.

And by arena i mean 3vs3 which is the bracket that matters.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
3075
im on 1500 cause i dont have a solid group. and honestly i dont 3v3 much so ill take that into consideration. But just because your a baddie doesnt mean druids are
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
5995
It's common sense resto druids have it harder than the other healers, anyone who says otherwise is just a noob, like you, and ur in 1500 because ur a baddie not cause u dont have a solid group.

Like i said above, even the top resto druid says that we have it harder, and we are talking about R1 resto druids, which are the best r.druids in the world.

And you are just a random 1500 guy telling that resto are fine, get the grip?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
5335
[quote]
What druids REALLY need is more spammable, reliable burst healing that doesn't take a huuuge amount of mana. I'll list all the classes flash heals here:

Flash Heal: 6272 to 7288 base healing, 28% base mana
Flash of Light: 6907 to 7749 base healing, 31% base mana
Healing Surge: 4484 to 5122 base healing, 27% base mana
Regrowth: 3383 to 3775 and another 1083*1 over 6 sec, totaling 4466-4858 base healing, 35% mana cost.

one thing you are forgetting is natures bounty 60% crit chance and living seeds 30% from a crit. theese allow much easier recovery from burst and if you gem and reforge crit which from my personal experience makes surviving in arena much easier. everyone talks about haste haste haste. the fact is haste is great and all. but in pve not pvp pvp crit allows much better survivability. i have 20% crit chance which allows 80% crit chance in ToL for my regrowth so when mixed with lifebloom i have yet to see a comp that can kill me like that. if you can die with 80% crit from regrowth 4.5k resil and a 3 Lb stack your doing something wrong. druids are fine. its just not a faceroll class like a priest or pally. Play it smart. use travel form to escape melee always have LB and rejuv on your target let LB expire when you need it. you will be fine


I'm sorry but you are just another 1500 rated player telling people how to play the class, resto druids are NOT fine in arena.

And by arena i mean 3vs3 which is the bracket that matters.




And the 2k 5V5 PLAYER is talking !@#$ to others. lul
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
5995
And the 2k 5V5 PLAYER is talking !@#$ to others. lul


Oh no, another 1500 player defending the other 1500 player.

I got 1950 in 3vs3 before 4.3, not that it means anything it still crap, but im better than u scrubs that think resto is fine.
Edited by Mînîboss on 2/7/2012 6:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
3160
02/06/2012 05:46 PMPosted by Nadiiran
Rdruid arena is not that complicated...ever used cyclone?


Never heard of it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10635
man i don't understand what m i doing wrong, i made 2k 2v2 earlier this exp, but when rogues and warriors got geared my rating and friends dropped badly, no one wants to play with me any more, and i exhausted every possibility. Global cool down kills me every single time... blizzard you cant expect for me to cast 3 LB and then try to go bear against a melee, its imposible... the only moment i use nature swiftness is to cast insta cyclone, no point to waste it on a healing touch that probably will heal 40k crit with my gear, far less if what im trying to heal has some healing mitigation. bottom line i feel that im lossing my time, plz need a guide in right direction.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
7290
I stopped pvping on my resto druid... started pvping on my holy pally. Haven't looked back.

most of the people I play with realized that, with other healers they have much more room for error.

I mean, we're OKAY ... in like 1-2 comps. And that's only with constant cc and peels..
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Druid
3540
Oh no, another 1500 player defending the other 1500 player.

I got 1950 in 3vs3 before 4.3, not that it means anything it still crap, but im better than u scrubs that think resto is fine.


Miniboss, what those people have no idea is that at brackets lower than 1500, resto druids are ok. People don't switch, they don't coordinate CC's and it's pretty much lame. That's why those little piece of craps are defending resto druids.

Resto druids have no healing throughput, they lack survivability and need a lot of global cooldowns to do some healing. Switches? They say hello. I recommend you all reading Arena Junkies and other pvp forums to have an idea of what high rated resto druids think, since they have more experience than us, thus, their argument is more solid.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
2715
i'd also like to point out that a rogues recup heals for more then my rejuv does.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
0
02/10/2012 05:01 AMPosted by Impairing
i'd also like to point out that a rogues recup heals for more then my rejuv does.

Sad, but true.

My idea: nerf nourish, buff Rejuv.
Edited by Sarror on 2/10/2012 1:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
4275
02/10/2012 05:01 AMPosted by Impairing
i'd also like to point out that a rogues recup heals for more then my rejuv does.


And I'd add to that, rogues can do it while invisible. Let's see, a rogue can stealth, so can druids, a rogue can heal, so can resto druids....BUT ONLY A ROGUE CAN STEALTH AND HEAL AT THE SAME TIME.

Total crap, imho
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11295
I've seen a rogue's recoup in action and it is better than any two of our hots combined.

When discussing the balancing of the class/specs in cata, it is quite laughable when you compare us to rogues.

The very same idiots that sat down and decided to take tree form away from us, improved barkskin away from us, the ability to lifebloom more than one target away from us, the ability to shapeshift out of poly/hex away from us, reduce the tick time of our hots by more than 50%, allow us to now be seduced/MCed/sapped when in tree form, and gave us NOTHING in return (except three weeks of instant roots)…

These are the very same idiots that took the already beyond OP rogue, took nothing away from it, and gave it combat readiness, smoke bomb, the ability to move full speed when stealthed, and a spammable instant cast hot that heals better than any two resto druid hots combined.

Then a year into cata, when there isn’t a par or better rouge that isn’t 2k+ and resto druids are crying for help and being shelved, the idiots nerf wild growth and give rogue’s wound poison a huge buff.

Or how about this...

Every class got a level 85 talent that benefitted all three specs except druids. Camouflage, time warp, smoke bomb, leap of faith…and then we have…..

Exploding mushrooms????? What????

Point of fact; none of the cata level 81 – 85 abilities benefitted restos in any way. The dev’s reasoning….because resto druids “already have everything they need, so they don’t need any new abilities”. That’s a good one.

But they still have a job and they're still getting my $15 a month...for now. But if there isn't grand buffs for us in MoP then they will be kissing my $15 a month goodbye.

edit: spell
Edited by Cowpow on 2/12/2012 10:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10635
plz blizzard plz, need a blue post on this topic. need some one to point me in the right direction or i will just cancel my account... love the game im a very proficient player, want to be able to play resto in arnea is that TO MUCH TO ASK
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11295
02/12/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Gorefeaster
plz blizzard plz, need a blue post on this topic. need some one to point me in the right direction or i will just cancel my account... love the game im a very proficient player, want to be able to play resto in arnea is that TO MUCH TO ASK


I'm with you man. I'm giving them until MoP before cancelling the account, but they will be on a very short leash once that xpac comes out. If I'm a free HK to any melee that knows what he is doing, I'm done. I won't pay $15 a month to get frustrated and infuriated.

For almost six years this game was all I played. I didn't even consider playing other games because it would just be time away from wow. After a year of total disgust, I now spend over 90% of my time playing with my bounty hunter healer in swtor. And it's a pleasure playing a healer that doesn't die in a three second stun.

If it was the goal of the devs to chase their customers away to other games, good job...mission accomplished.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12215
i still have fun in arena, but damn are druids terrible now...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]