Resto Druid PvP, the serious thread.

85 Undead Rogue
Yes, I post on my OP rogue. I almost feel bad going for the resto druid in any BG as I know I will facroll him alone in about 10 seconds, if that. I feel bad because I have a resto druid, and I know of the struggles.

Start a revolution: Save the Trees. During WotlK I never understood why Tree form was taken away, isntead of nerfed. I mean.. The nerf bat hit a !@#$ing homerun, excuse my french.

I HATE rogues when I'm on my rdrood, especially when it's a rogue I KNOW I could rip to shreds had I been on my rogue instead. Alas, my little tree form is the one getting chopped down, as the constant silences/ lockouts build up on my heals which already require a good 5-6 GCDs to get going.. It almost feels like I'm trying to get a steam engine train rolling on crooked train tracks.

Running away by switching forms almost worsens the whole ordeal, as it's just less time being spent casting which wouldn't matter either, as god forbid I recieve a lockout.

Long story short Rdrood sucks for any casual player, and is hellish and frustrating to play as a serious player. Unfortunately I can see a mistweaver monk being the next most OP healer for PvP and I will be doing away with my poor little druid forever, as feral only has so long until it is dead with MoP as well.
Reply Quote
Now i am not talking about arenas as i am not very good, but of bg's. The damage combined with cc's- stuns,silence,fear is ridiculous. If they dont wanna op pve by helping pvp, then the answer is to cut down the time on cc's, especially stuns. I have one druid cc that doesnt stop the enemy from csating..and the other stops him but he takes no damage. About everyone elses you take damage and stay stunned, feared, etc. The issue isnt how bad the restos are but how much damage we take WHEN cc'ed. And for the record i have never at anytime seen so many cd's put on all my spells so i cant do anything except stand there or try to form and get far away.
As a matter of fact...now the trinket that removes toon loss of control doesnt work on stuns. Are you kidding?
Warriors need a stun and a fear? If rogues have all the cc's (stunlock, silence, obscure and i know there is more) then they need to stop being given the ability to vanish at will when marked or below a certain health lets say 50%. Make clothies clothies again...great powers but easy to kill.
Damage is okay. Bring on the damage. The problem lies in the cc's combined with the damage. Make barskin where there is NO interruption from anything zero, zilch, nada. Let the trinket work on all loss impairing movements including stuns. mkake our heals non dispellable since we also get non survivable from blizz.
Anway just a couple thoughts on restos problem and perhaps more.
Edited by Emzdad on 2/14/2012 9:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I know I am terrible but I am gonna bite the bullet and say that resto druids are never gonna be good again...
Reply Quote
98 Tauren Druid
the idiots at blizz don't care about pvp or resto druids. prove me wrong !@#$%^ blue posters..
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
02/14/2012 02:20 PMPosted by Sunsmoker
the idiots at blizz don't care about pvp or resto druids. prove me wrong !@#$%^ blue posters..

Good luck with that brother. I have been crying and moaning on these message boards for fourteen months with no response. Many others have too, also with no response.

In fact the only time I got any attention from them was when I bad mouthed the competency level of the developers a little too harshly, and got a 7-day ban from the forums for it (even though everything I said was 100% accurate).

You see, they can take the time respond to that. But heaven forbid they have to make a little extra time to fix us.

Sad thing is that after almost a year of hearing how we have to re-learn how to play our spec (even though we got nothing new to learn – all we did was lose), they finally admit that we are in a bad place. But still no fixes. In fact they nerf wild growth even after they admitted that.

You have no idea how it turns my stomach to know that my $15 a month is going towards the salary of the dolts that “balanced” pvp in cata.

Gotta love that stun…wings…40k…40k…40k…40k…40k…

Up against my lifebloom….global cooldown….lifebloom….global cooldown ......lifebloom ... global cooldown….rejuvenation….global cooldown…..oh maybe I’ll drop some useless exploding mushrooms now….nevermind I’m dead.

Good job morons.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I took a break from WoW back towards the beginning of Season 10, came back around the beginning of season 11. In season 9 it wasn't uncommon that i'd be sitting in a flagroom with 4-5 alliance on me and still not dying very easily. Now i come back and I'm overwhelmed by 1-2 people? 1 if it's a decent dps with cc's. What the hell blizz, make us take less damage. To balance it with pve all i could think of would be to make it something with resilience or pvp gear, I've got more resil (4527 at time of posting this) with full ruthless than a shammy i know with almost full cataclysmic, and i still get roflstomped.

I'd really like to get back into arenas, but nobody wants a resto druid now that they're taking more damage than a clothie, lol...
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Last night was on Kel'Thuzad server trying to find a cross realm rbg, with my 2k current rating, was confident in finding something. if you know that server and you managed to see trade on main cities you know how insane are those messages, every second you can read about a new 2k - 2.5k+ rbg forming, so i was more confident and told to me, "chances here are high". was trying for an hour offering my services as a healer with no luck, the only responses i got where: no, not interested, no tanx and so on... finally asked one of those spammers what was wrong, ¿is it cos im from other realm trying to find a cross server deal? the guy was a gentleman and told me in the most sincere way: "not alot of people run rbgs with resto druids. im gona be strait up with you :(" that is an actual quote no change on the words or anything... So i came up with this plan blizzard, if you arent going to fix us any time soon, then force every single team to have at least one resto druid on their rooster.
joke aside... i want a straight answer here, are we going to see some changes in this expa. one blue post will put an end to all my problems with the game. i really enjoy the game but if my toon will have no chance in progress then whats the point?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Well the MoP talent/ability calculators were re-done....STILL nothing regarding us getting any type of passive damage reduction/armor rating increase. We will continue to be squishier than a mage even in MoP.

Incidentally the great displacer beast we were counting on to help us has already been nerfed; now it puts you 20 yards straight ahead, so our attackers will always know where to drop the aoe on us, and it no longer removes dots. So basically it's effin useless.

MoP nerfs that still are in place:
No more barkskin...replaced by ironbark which CANT be used when stunned...so that is useless too (and it has double the CD as barkskin).

Naturesgrasp; one charge now instead of three (the first grasp is always instantly broke), so that is useless.

No more frenzied regeneration/enrage for us either. Our one emergency survive move is now being taken away.

Sorry Gorefeaster...you're not getting fixed in MoP, you are only getting nerfed to the point that even random bgs will be unbearable.

Like I said above...the incompetent a-holes won't be responding to your request for answers because there are none. If you want a response from them then the best you can do is insult them, and then their hurt little butts will forum ban you like they did me (but at least you'll know they noticed you and gave you some kind of attention).
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
ok the thing that bothers me the most, is that this nerf is not only acting on us as a players, is now acting on the comunity, and their visions toards us. In this social kind of game we rely on the comunity that feeds it, to progress, sadly in a pvp wise we are being neglected not only by the developers, but the comunity itself. Im not a very social player, so i have a short spectrum of friends, thats why i only rely on my pvp skills, to convince ppl and gain a chance to join better, progrsive wise teams. but my server is not a pvp one so the posibilities to find a good team run short. thats why i opted for cross realm rbgs, and then it hit me, "no one wanted a resto druid". At the biginning i was pist, but then i realized, there is no way ppl could know how good or bad i was, and eaven watching my stats would have told them anything. They have an strict set of rules in which classes are fond, what habilities are needed, and in rbg current state, which classes have a better survival. under this criteria was easy to dismiss me, dot blame them.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Moonkin Form
Arcane and Nature spell damage increased by 10%.
Immune to Polymorph effects.
All damage reduced by 15%.
Spell haste of all party and raid members increased by 5%

Bear Form
Shapeshifted into bear.
Armor and hit points increased.

Tree of Life
Healing increased by 15%.
Armor increased by 120%.
Some spells are enhanced.
25 seconds remaining

Why not just bring the tree back to constant effect...there I said it;)

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I dunno I have high hopes for increased Resto survivability in MOP PVP.

Nature's Swiftness getting a 1-min cooldown. Renewal giving you 30% max health back. Cenarion Ward proccing 3 powerful HoT ticks upon being damaged. Faerie Swarm and Mass Entanglement improving your escape and kiting tactics. Being able to jump shot Typhoon in Travel Form. Soul of the Forest giving you 1 second Healing Touches and sub 1-second Cyclones every 15 seconds. Force of Nature giving some sort of healing or CC. DISORIENTING ROAR (and possibly Ursol's Vortex) is huge for hard melee switches. (Disorienting Roar is my fave - you could possibly escape from 4-5 melee with this - on a 30 second cooldown! And it also has offensive uses).

Displacer Beast, Wild Charge, and other talents are not as useful as the above, but will still help.

I am NOT happy about the Barkskin nerf - hopefully it won't make it into the final release.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Also, I'm looking at the Symbiosis thread and apparently they are considering giving us Ice Block when linked to a Frost Mage.

In the immortal words of Beavis, "that would be cool huh huh."

Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Honestly, as long as I can break roots all I want, I'm going to be happy. Nothing is better then getting Death Gripped in to a Chains of Ice and just lolTravelForm'ing away.

I know things are different in arena, Death Grips typically end up in a Throwdown and a Strangulate and you're dead a second in to the Strangulate but still.

I definitely prefer comps like RWD (Rogue/Warrior/Druid), MLD (love me some CC) and Ret/DK/Druid where there's a lot of peels available. Playing a comp without two teammates who can both peel heavily for you or cover you with some great heals and defensive CDs of their own is pointless torture.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I dunno I have high hopes for increased Resto survivability in MOP PVP.

Nature's Swiftness getting a 1-min cooldown. Renewal giving you 30% max health back. Cenarion Ward proccing 3 powerful HoT ticks upon being damaged. Faerie Swarm and Mass Entanglement improving your escape and kiting tactics. Being able to jump shot Typhoon in Travel Form. Soul of the Forest giving you 1 second Healing Touches and sub 1-second Cyclones every 15 seconds. Force of Nature giving some sort of healing or CC. DISORIENTING ROAR (and possibly Ursol's Vortex) is huge for hard melee switches. (Disorienting Roar is my fave - you could possibly escape from 4-5 melee with this - on a 30 second cooldown! And it also has offensive uses).

Displacer Beast, Wild Charge, and other talents are not as useful as the above, but will still help.

I am NOT happy about the Barkskin nerf - hopefully it won't make it into the final release.

I think you are seeing this changes with incredible good eye, but my friend almost all those things you mention will not take place at the same time, cos you know between renewal, cenarion ward and natures's swiftness you can chose only one and so on. plus mop is not a problem for druids right know, i think with all those scape habilities, and changes to defensive cooldowns, we will be a bit hard to catch... but thats what blizzard intend us to do, be the most, mobile, hard to catch class out there. stuns, and any ability like that will still be an issue cos i dont see anything against that, in fact barkskin's nerf is a huge nerf agains stun, fear, kidney... etc etc, Shape shifting still shares cooldown with casting habilities, which is a problem right now (in rbg - arena there is a huge diference in being stunned in bear or caster). My guess is that blizzard is designing symbiosis to serve as an hability that will give us power over our current weekness, but is to early to tell. any way MoP is far away, and being concerned by a future that will never come for some of us is ridiculous. what needs to be adressed is our current state, cos you know you are paying a mothly fee for a game thats leading you no where but pve, and this will be a loooong pvp season to bear.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
so should I be acquiring gear for balance or feral instead of resto?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
02/18/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Mondune
so should I be acquiring gear for balance or feral instead of resto?

Probably. -.-
Reply Quote
86 Orc Shaman
I wish resto druids could have there old tree form back :| i think thats another reason why you guys were so good. I'm really tired of playing my boring shammy u.u they should bring back resto druids..
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
09/03/2011 04:01 AMPosted by Darthtinker
Resto Druids need to some serious help in competitive arena right now. Mainly 3's is what I'm talking about,

The top 3s team on Ruin is Rdruid team =) Hopelessness FTW!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
PVP'd last season on my resto druid, mainly BG's and RBG's. Made me angry how often I got focused and slaughtered within seconds. So this season they nerf us even more, screw that I said and geared my mage for pvp, now I'm one more person that can solo a resto druid, tree for or not in pvp. Yet any other healer takes work, the only class of healer even close to being as bad as resto druids in pvp are holy priests...

WG nerfs were a joke, we were casting it too much or something? Now I'm getting out healed by pallies with far worse gear who are doing over 60% of their healing as Holy Radiance. How about dropping the double standards blizzard, in pvp we are not even worth recognising as a joke, I see the other team in WSG with a resto druid, I say "looks like they are 9 manning it", and in pve you've given our spot as raid healers to every other class, not only do they have more versatility they can now also do our job better than we can with half the effort and half the gear.

At this rate I won't be playing MoP, after 5 years I'm done, thanks for making my main character as useful as a wet tissue!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
cool story bro needs more dragons :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]