Tribute to a friend

100 Undead Warlock
Recently I got the news that my RL / in game friend Samurcain passed away from an aggressive cancer that he was unable to beat. He was a good friend to everyone that knew him and an amazing warcraft player.

I would like to get as many people to post here as possible, with the goal being getting an NPC placed in game somewhere as a memorial to him. Something along the lines of a warlock trainer or arena vendor, undead warlock in s6 gear ( the season he got gladiator) with his name and title.

I'm not sure if this will work, but a GM replied to this request by saying the forums were my best bet. I figure if we can get enough posts and maybe get a blue to notice, theres a chance that something could be done. If not then let this thread serve as a place to say something nice about Sam.

Also this probably has to be said, any trolls /disrespectful posts should be reported but also ignored, please dont reply to anything of the sort and bloat the thread with meaningless crap.

Farewell bud, we're all going to miss you.
http://i55.tinypic.com/33x7ns1
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Samurcain was the best friend I ever had on Duskwood. He taught me how to be less bad and sacrificed many hours of his own life to help me. This is just a game, but there are real friends to be made, and Sam was one. All he wanted to do was help me, answer every question I had, and virtually show me how to better myself. He made Warcraft enjoyable for me, and due only to him was I successful at all in PvP.

Sam was the kindest person I have ever met on this game, and I cannot think of a single soul in the world that could deserve this more than him. It may be pointless but it's the best way we can pay tribute to his memory.

As Nhiosis said, everyone who knew him will miss him. I miss him.

Bump for in-game tribute to Samurcain.
Edited by Glarily on 9/7/2011 8:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
he was my best friend my partner in everything, always supporting lots of people and yet also the best in the lean on all our doubts shared his playing time to be with us others, but also was not all wow, also shared time playing sports and having fun
WILL MISS YOU BRO! <3
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Man this is a bummer i was looking forward to his return. He was just an awesome person was one of my fave people to play with. This man totally deserves the memorial. never met a better human being god rest your soul bro we miss you!
Reply Quote
I really did not know Samurcain for that long, but from encounters in guild chat and me asking him for a little advice here and there, I learned that Samurcain was a really nice guy and a very good world of warcraft player. Samurcain was never mean or turned anyone away who asked him for adive and for that ill always remember him as great guy. I'll miss you bud!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Samurcain was a great person. Still can't believe he passed away. I've known him since back in burning crusade when we were in the guild <Tekila>. He was a great guy and even though this is just a game, he was a great friend on here. We did arena together back when I played on my hunter Jembani. Had lots of fun playing together and managed to reach 2k rating for the first time with him. He was the one carrying me XD. I''ll miss you man!

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I didn't know Sam for long, but I remember him since he was one of the best players on Duskwood. I was able to play with him last season when he transfered his dk over to alliance to play with me and Kiskisi and enjoyed playing with him for those few months, he was a really nice person, easy to talk to, always up for anything, really friendly, even helped me and played 3s with my alt. Even tho we only knew each other over the internet, we had fun in arena, when I heard about him passing away I was shocked, and mad that such a young and nice person passed away and he couldnt do anything about it.

I really hope that there will be some kind of memorial, NPC is alot to ask, since alot of people that play wow pass away but if it could be a tombstone with his characters name somewhere in wow, or an npc, even if only on duskwood I'd be really greatful, he out of all people deserves it!

R.I.P, We will miss you SAM.
Edited by Maikopl on 9/7/2011 9:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Didn't know him personally very well, but knew of him. I knew him as the best warlock to ever grace this server. Fondest memory, Samurcain stripping down to nothing but a weapon and beating me in a duel at level 80. Good times.

Cheers, Mr Cain, Rest in Peace.
Reply Quote
So many memories with this dude. Raided with him at 70, did arena with him since s4, got glad with him in s6, and even transferred server to play with him in s9. Always such a cool, funny and humble player, and big contributor to Duskwood's PvP community. Been friends with this guy for 3-4 years and it's just hard to believe hes really gone...

To one of the coolest players I've ever played with in a game: You will be missed! Goodbye, friend. :(

Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Sadly only knew him by name and in passing, but have heard a lot of great things about him, and deff think blizzard could do a little something to help a server remember someone who brought many great memories to it. Its people like that, that keep people paying that $16 to keep playing. Hope it happens for him for sure.

Rip good Sir, and as sad as we are to see you go, even happier your not dealing with that battle any more.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Didn't know him well, but he seemed like a nice guy. Obviously, he will be missed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I never knew Sam personally, but I did fight him quite a few times in WotLK. The way he played his warlock was amazing and I actually feared his skills. It was one of the reasons that made me want to improve my PvP skills. He was one of those people that I admired, and respected as a pvp'er on horde side.

From what his friends say about his, he is amazing person. I would like it too if he got a memorial within game. Thanks Sam, for being a great player and making me realize I needed to play better to be a challenge even if I didn't know you personally.

Rest In Peace.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Though it has been a long since we have had a conversation with each other, this is still a hard loss. I'm not going to forget all the times I struggled with his less-than-stellar english oh so long ago. The jokes about cyber cafes. The random hellos, in days long past when we used to raid together.. His modesty when I congratulated him on Gladiator. I don't really know what else to say right now.

ETA because I feel it necessary:

SAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMYYYYYY!
Edited by Arker on 9/8/2011 12:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Heard about this from Wauk the other night on skype and I can't believe how quick he left us. I met him in wotlk on the roofs of Wintergrasp and he was alway gm even in world pvp which is a rare thing to find. Never got to play with him in unrivaled but playing against him was just as satisfying to someone just starting in the pvp world.

An amazing teacher, contender and friend to many. Condolences to Nhio, Koranu, Jolly and anyone else who was close enough to have the honor of calling him friend.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I never had the honor of playing with, or against him. But from all I have read, he seemed like a very helpful and kind hearted person.

It is always hard to lose someone. As some have said, even if this is just a game, the friendships we make will still last well beyond our playing time.

RIP to you Sam. And condolences to all of his guildmates and family members.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
We played and raided several times With sam, in <Tekila>, in TBC times. He was a nice pvp player and wow friend.

I Heard about the cancer, was a terrible news for me. And when I see some post in FB about of this event, was Sadly.

Everywhere, We will remeber you friend!!!!

Requiescat in pace.
Edited by Jxanlext on 9/8/2011 8:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
May he rest in peace. Hope Blizzard sees this thread.
Reply Quote
It was great to raid with him in BC and awesome PvPing with him in Unrivaled. Honestly got quite a shock hearing about this today.

R.I.P, champ.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't even know what to really say about this. I'm just so lost as to why something so horrible could happen to someone so nice. Even though i only did 5's with him in S9 I never heard him say anything negative or mean at all. I remember playing against Sam in Wintergrasp and just getting completely outplayed no matter if i was holy or ret. Just getting trained like that in wintergrasp made me wanna get better so that maybe someday I could give him a run for his money but sadly that will never happen.
He was a great guy.

Will miss you man Rest in Peace bud
Edited by Petsthebunny on 9/8/2011 11:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
I first met sam in woltk in the sewers of Dal. He helped me out in so many ways for pvp questions never was rude always nice he would answer any that you asked. I am at loss what to say. He was a good friend and anyone that played with him would agree one of the nicest person to play with. Rip Bud you will be missed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]