Tribute to a friend

85 Night Elf Priest
I spent a lot of time these past few day thinking about what to say here, a few of my friends were surprised that I hadn't commented yet, but trust me, it's been on my mind for some time.

I'm going to start out with this,

Sam and I met later in Wrath, when I came back from a long break before it's release. I was honestly stunned by the amount of PvPers Duskwood seemed to have picked up over my absence; Koranu, Nhiosis, Samurcain, Cliche, Kila (keetchup). They had completely deluded the stereo-type of good PvPers being complete !@#$%^-s to anyone and everyone that they didn't arena with.

Above all, was Samurcain, one of the most kind-hearted and nonchalant players I've ever had the opportunity to talk to, he was always helpful when anyone had a question or comment about PvP, he never was too busy to have a long, intricate conversation about what ever you had in mind.

Over a good year and a half our friendship had built over WoW, and he became one of the few people in this game I do actually consider a friend. He was always there late at night to play with when everyone else was offline, he was always up to raid Goldshire or Orgrimmar (what faction have you.) He never let the fact that this was just a game elude him, which is an admirable trait, considering the types of religious WoW players we see this far along the ensuing decade.

He was a good person in general, and in all honesty, I had a hard time turning on my computer the past 2 days, not just because of work and class, but because I couldn't find fun in it, with the knowledge that Sam and I won't be leveling those characters we talked about last season.

We won't be griefing baddies in WSG graveyard anymore.
We won't be up late at night talking on skype about whatever we had on our minds.
We won't be running MC for his ingots, which we only needed 2 more of.
We won't be making fun of Maikopl for being Polish.
I won't get to listen to him and Keetchup talk to eachother in vent, while I google translate my input into the conversation.

Thank you for being a good soul.

Life is eternal, and love is immortal,
and death is only a horizon;
and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Rest well my friend, I hear heaven is nice this time of year.

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Maybe we should ask a GM for a at least some kind of event on duskwood, nothing permanent, temporary npc, and pvp all over, something of that kind, or just organize something by our selves, anyone has any ideas? I think sam was one of the best on duskwood and he really deserves something more than a thread on forums!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Sam was a great friend to everyone. He was in Our guild <House Archon> back in BC when I met him. I raided and I pvped with him. He taught me alot about this game. He never was to busy to chat or help anyone that asked for it.

We loved to have him on vent and have him say "Loot Pinata" for us with his accent.

He will be greatly missed by alot of people.

Im really at a loss of words here I just heard about it.

Rest in Peace my good friend, You are greatly missed and loved here
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
09/12/2011 06:45 PMPosted by Maikopl
Maybe we should ask a GM for a at least some kind of event on duskwood, nothing permanent, temporary npc, and pvp all over, something of that kind, or just organize something by our selves, anyone has any ideas? I think sam was one of the best on duskwood and he really deserves something more than a thread on forums!

^
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I have just recently learned that Randy lost his fight with cancer. I was greatly saddened by his sudden passing and would like to send my condolences to his family.

I have known Randy for a few years now. We me on World of Warcraft where he was more than happy to give up his time to help people like myself in PvP. He was a patient and kind hearted person who never got angry or blamed others for loosing. The way he played the game reflected his personality. Most importantly he played the game for what it was designed to be, fun.

We often chatted about recent boxing matches and made bets for the upcoming bouts. We cheered at Manny Pacquiao wins and waited in anticipation for his fight with Floyd Mayweather. Randy was more than just a World of Warcraft friend, he was a good real life friend and will be greatly missed by all who knew him.

R.I.P Friend
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I never got the chance to meet him but apparently he was a good guy R.I.P.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I only knew Sam for a short amount of time through a mutual friend, but in the short amount of time I got to know him, I gathered he was a pretty nice guy, plus an amazing warlock, always replied to me, never was once rude, but reading all of these post about him from all of these people, made me realize he was more than just a nice guy, he was a wonderful person.

may we not mourn the passing of samurcain, let us remember the good times we've had with him, and cherish those memories, and be happy for the time we got to spend with him.

R.I.P Sam :)
Edited by Cowfomer on 9/19/2011 9:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warlock
By far one of the most outgoing and nicest guys in the game. Did so many things for people, just because he could. I miss him. I wish I had jumped back on vent a few times to chat with him.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I was guilded with sam in House Archon For most if not all of Wotlk. He was an exceptional player and an even better person to talk to. He helped me any chance he could. It's sad to hear of an old friend passing and not even being able to say bye. "Loot Pinata" I always laughed when he said that! He had such a great humor and will be missed by so many people.

RIP Sam you'll be missed more then you'll ever know.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I never got the chance to meet him, but apparently he was a good guy. R.I.P.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
ah damn that sucks
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
used to be in house archon with him as well
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
R.I.P SAM
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Samurcain was a person of the highest caliber. He never gloated, never name-called, and let his reputation for being a skilled and fair player precede him everywhere he went. He will be sorely missed among the heart of Duskwood's players. Many of us could learn from his examples. Take a moment and say a prayer, pour a beer, or light a candle, whatever it is you do to memorialize someone who deserves it.

Here's to you Sam.

Sleep well, old buddy.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
RIP SAM. YOU DESERVE THIS MEMORIAL. AS EVERYONE ELSE HAS ALREADY STATED, EVEN THOUGH THERE WERE HORDE AND ALLIANCE DISPUTE ( AS THE LORE SHOULD BE) HE WAS A GREAT PERSON. SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE SAM. DUSKWOOD WILL MISS YOU.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]