Dragonwrath impossible for 10 man guilds? #3

(Locked)

100 Human Priest

Thats just it

It isn't proportionate right now.

The only way to fix it right is to make the drop on eternal embers halved, and maybe reduce cinder rate drop some. This stops new staves, and lets old ones get finished. This would basically lock 25 mans at 2-4 staves and 10 mans at 1-2. This is the right way to make the change.
That would definitely make more sense than what has been done now, although, no offense, almost anything at all makes more sense than what was done now :P
90 Dwarf Hunter

Thats just it

The only way to fix it right is to make the drop on eternal embers halved, and maybe reduce cinder rate drop some. This stops new staves, and lets old ones get finished. This would basically lock 25 mans at 2-4 staves and 10 mans at 1-2. This is the right way to make the change.

It doesn't really matter what the right way is in the big picture. Blizzard found a cheap way to extend the shelf life of Firelands so they took it. Players are already getting burnt out so they pushed the carrot out twice as far to keep people interested.
85 Human Mage
This game was built for max level/ max person guild raiding, currently that is 25 man content. 10 man "guilds", if you can call them that, are lucky heroic content is available to them at all let alone legendary quality items.

I understand this is a business for Blizz and therefore they must cater to some degree to casual players, but the pandering has gone on long enough.

If you are a casual player or in a 10 man "raiding guild" get over yourself, you don't take this game seriously, count yourself lucky you have access to all the content available in this game, if you don't get a few items here and there so be it.

10man raiding is harder judging by the relative number of heroic rag kills
85 Goblin Mage

They don't need to come out and say that....the nerf said it all. Time to deal with it.
While it's true that actions speak louder than words, it'd still be good to hear those incompetent cowards admit it regardless of how it would affect their only goal in life: monetize this game.

They think legendary items were going out too fast, sure, but if they could get away with it, they'd be selling them for a profit on the Blizzard store. That's no excuse :X

I doubt we'll ever hear that...they don't seem to admit their faults all to often.

Totally off-topic...but damn you have a lot of achievements, also your missing a JC only gem, just thought I would let ya know =)
100 Human Priest

It doesn't really matter what the right way is in the big picture. Blizzard found a cheap way to extend the shelf life of Firelands so they took it. Players are already getting burnt out so they pushed the carrot out twice as far to keep people interested.
You know it, it might not be in the game anymore, but it's influence will live on:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=11122
85 Orc Warrior
this is funny...so you want easier legendaries too now?

you get the same proportion of the legendary as 25m....seems fair.

Thats just it

yes it is.
85 Tauren Paladin
09/08/2011 12:38 PMPosted by Kukiko
Could we get another blue post soon, please? It's been over 1300 posts and players are really concerned.

Saying what?

"To bad. Enjoy the grind"?

They have made their position clear on this subject.

It's about time you all dropped it.

Yes, you're right. We should just accept being screwed over. Go troll somewhere else.
85 Tauren Paladin
this is funny...so you want easier legendaries too now?

you get the same proportion of the legendary as 25m....seems fair.

Math is hard but I will help you.
Top 25m guilds have 2-3 currently
Top 10m guilds have 0
by the time a 10m guild has 1 staff the 25m guild will have 5
1:5 isn't proportioned slick
85 Goblin Mage

Thats just it

There are many ways to fix the problem they stated. The way they went about it however was the one way they could completely #*!% over 10mans and ONLY 10mans. Makes you wonder whether or not blizz truly believes their own crap as it spews from their mouth
100 Human Priest

And what about servers that can't support 25m raiding post expansion? Try thinking of that before repeating ignorant comments.

10m and 25m were intended to have equal design and come down to player choice. Sadly, most players still can't grasp this.

Uh, I dunno if you know this, but there is this little feature that blizzard implemented, maybe oh have heard it it, but if not feel free to look it up: its called a "server transfer". If you have a problem with a low pop server, leave it. You cannot have your cake and eat it too (although that is a very stupid expression, who the hell would want cake just for the sake of having it and NOT eating it?).

10m raids were not implimented for "preference" they serve different functions. There was a time when you needed 40 people for a raid, now THAT was a raid. But then blizzard gave into the baby's who cried about how hard it was to form a 40 man raid so they dropped it to 25, and now u guys are crying about having to do 10m because u can't mama ge 25m? I will say it again, people need to stop crying, get good, and try harder, not threaten to quit because the game is too hard. If games are so hard u have to quit, I assume suicide is the only option for a lot of people out there because life is much harder.
Any amount of players is raid. What is the different? Who the hell cares? The problem comes from the fact that we were expressly told, by Blizzard employees, speaking on the behalf of the company, that in this expansion, any raid, of any player size, which matters in no way, would have equal opportunity at everything.

Too bad this never happened. This is what is wrong.

Take your 40 man memories and shove them somewhere.
A raid is a raid. Every raid of any kind was promised something.

That promise is broken.
90 Orc Shaman
09/08/2011 12:39 PMPosted by Firestyle
I want one that says, "It's cool guys, we're dropping 4.3 in February/March 2012, you'll have plenty of time to get this done".

While that would somewhat assuage the fear that a halfway decent 10man won't get a single staff before the Deathwing raid, it would do nothing to change the fact that an analogous halfway decent 25man raid would have five by then. I think you're right; 4.3 won't be this year.

Nor would it calm the disgust over the timing of this "oops, more were dropping than intended" bull*** reasoning, right as the best of the best 10mans hit the essence stage, and 25s have been on it for weeks.

P.S. Thanks again, class balancing guys, for not fixing Elemental DPS during T11. I'm sure you had a lot more important things to do than making sure one of the legendary classes wasn't 10% behind all the others. It's only a six month long questline, a hotfix a month after Firelands release--close enough for government work...
90 Dwarf Hunter

Thats just it

yes it is.

The new rate would be balanced if the tier had started over with those values or they had been used from day 1. However, the ratio has been greatly skewed by the fact that 25m is still up 2 to 2 1/2 legendaries while 10m is cut off at the knee on the final part of the quest. It ends in a ratio of about 5:1 in favor of 25m, a far cry from the intended 2.5:1.
85 Draenei Shaman
I'm unsure where the idea that 10-man raid groups have not put together the new legendary, nor is it possible for them to do so post nerf.

The leading guild on our server just got their 2nd Legendary staff last night while simultaneously getting Realm first for Heroic Rag on 10 man. I don't raid, but it sure seems possible based on that.

GuildOx does not agree with you. Top guild (and the only guild with H Rag) on your server is Drow and almost all of their heroic kills have been 25 man. It does look like they changed from 10 to 25 after they downed Ragnaros on normal difficulty though.

http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?a=1&r=Doomhammer-US
90 Worgen Warlock
This is how they solved the discrepancies between 10 and 25 loot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLprXHbn19I
90 Human Warrior

Uh, I dunno if you know this, but there is this little feature that blizzard implemented, maybe oh have heard it it, but if not feel free to look it up: its called a "server transfer". If you have a problem with a low pop server, leave it. You cannot have your cake and eat it too (although that is a very stupid expression, who the hell would want cake just for the sake of having it and NOT eating it?).

10m raids were not implimented for "preference" they serve different functions. There was a time when you needed 40 people for a raid, now THAT was a raid. But then blizzard gave into the baby's who cried about how hard it was to form a 40 man raid so they dropped it to 25, and now u guys are crying about having to do 10m because u can't mama ge 25m? I will say it again, people need to stop crying, get good, and try harder, not threaten to quit because the game is too hard. If games are so hard u have to quit, I assume suicide is the only option for a lot of people out there because life is much harder.

I don't miss 25mans the same way I don't miss 40mans the same way I don't miss 54mans the same way I don't miss 72mans the same way I don't miss 200mans the same way I don't miss raids that lasted three whole days straight the same way I don't miss 1400v1400 pvp. All of those actually existed, most of them don't anymore due to the genre evolving.
90 Human Warrior

So because of a broken promise people will quit and cry? That's what 5yearolds do.
By the way, please tell me how a 10m is a real raid? Better yet, why don't you ask blizzard to make 5m raids..... Oh wait, that's a heroic lol

How is a 40man a real raid? lol look at this first-MMO baby, 72man raids are the REAL format.
100 Human Warlock

hahaha, so true :P
41 Gnome Priest

Oh abbott and costello so awesome.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]