Censure Hotfix Incoming

Community Manager
After monitoring thousands of Firelands kills, we've concluded that Retribution’s damage was not where we wanted it to be, so we're going to increase Censure damage by roughly 40%. We'll also be keeping an eye on paladin damage as we move towards patch 4.3. We expect that this hotfix should be applied sometime later today.

We're also considering shifting some of the damage from Hammer of Wrath into other attacks. While that may not necessarily cure some of the current concerns about proc reliance, it should help smooth out damage a bit.
Edited by Daxxarri on 9/9/2011 2:42 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Hunter
Victory for Paladins
90 Human Rogue
so now ret paladins can stop complaining. yay.
70 Blood Elf Paladin
09/09/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Instìnctz
so now ret paladins can stop complaining. yay.

fat chance of that...

but yeah for fixing ret damage.
90 Orc Warlock
After monitoring thousands of Firelands kills, we've concluded that Retribution’s damage was not where we wanted it to be, so we're going to increase Censure damage by roughly 40%. We'll also be keeping an eye on paladin damage as we move towards patch 4.3 too. We expect that this hotfix should be applied sometime later today.

cool guess i can look forward rets running around 3 shotting people again..
Always nice seeing Blizzard actually paying attention to classes and TRYING to apply fixes.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So the slow revert back to passive damage being Ret's bread and butter has begun.

Which, honestly, is probably better than a sub-par active damage ability design - but at the end of the day it's just another item to be tallied on the list of underwhelming revisions introduced in Cataclysm.
Edited by Propulsion on 9/9/2011 2:45 PM PDT
19 Human Hunter
Wat is this I don't even....
85 Night Elf Rogue
A DDF blue post? this is rare, but hurray, I might play my Paladin as an alt now, the rotation is still AIDs and I won't be maining that train wreck yet.
1 Undead Warlock
I approve of this change and i'm not even a paladin. I'd be careful about it as to not overbalance because we've all seen the other side of the coin with ret burst damage.
85 Draenei Shaman
Censure is a stacking dot... I highly doubt it will cause you to get one shot
- World of Warcraft
85 Blood Elf Paladin
09/09/2011 02:43 PMPosted by Clx

Censure is a DoT. We won't be 3 shotting anyone, but thanks for your concern.
90 Tauren Druid
Am I the only one unnerved by all the melee being herded towards more passive damage?

Fury got an auto-swing boost a while back, Feral got +30% to Savage Roar, and now this.
Why is there so much anger, this sounds like great news.
85 Troll Priest
09/09/2011 02:43 PMPosted by Clx

three shotting with a DoT buff? unlikely.
90 Orc Warlock
09/09/2011 02:47 PMPosted by Practical

oh.... well proceed then
85 Night Elf Rogue
Unless they slip a few 0's in there and lolmassiveqq
Edited by Symbolism on 9/9/2011 2:49 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yay I can respec ret again instead of damned holy with this stupid helmet.
85 Blood Elf Paladin

oh.... well proceed then

Gotta love the WoW community: "I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT DOES BUT IT GOT BUFFED AND IT'S NOT MINE SO IT'S OMG SO OP!! TO THE GROUUUUUUUUUND!!"
Edited by Propulsion on 9/9/2011 4:06 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]