Censure Hotfix Incoming

70 Undead Mage
Ok O.o
85 Draenei Shaman
That's good to hear :)
90 Dwarf Hunter
Am I the only one unnerved by all the melee being herded towards more passive damage?

Fury got an auto-swing boost a while back, Feral got +30% to Savage Roar, and now this.

It's the only way to modify PvE damage without having real impact on PvP damage/burst.
100 Human Paladin
Tommy like wingy.
1 Troll Hunter
Well atleast hybrids have three viable raiding specs.
85 Draenei Paladin
Are you kidding me? Come ooooooon. Censure is fine, give us another attack and fix our clunky rotation. It's not rocket science.
85 Draenei Shaman
09/09/2011 02:58 PMPosted by Cajete
Are you kidding me? Come ooooooon. Censure is fine, give us another attack and fix our clunky rotation. It's not rocket science.

If you read GC's blog you know that wouldn't happen in a hotfix
100 Draenei Shaman
It is seriously about time.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
They should have increased TV's damage by 40% :P
85 Goblin Mage
09/09/2011 02:49 PMPosted by Propulsion

oh.... well proceed then

Gotta love the WoW community: "I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT DOES BUT IT GOT BUFFED AND IT'S NOT MINE SO IT'S OMG SO OP!! TO THE GROUUUUUUUUUND!!"

qft
Cue angry post by Furlicity about how Hunters are unloved.

But anyway, I'm glad Ret got a nice boost.
85 Human Paladin
09/09/2011 02:43 PMPosted by Clx
After monitoring thousands of Firelands kills, we've concluded that Retribution’s damage was not where we wanted it to be, so we're going to increase Censure damage by roughly 40%. We'll also be keeping an eye on paladin damage as we move towards patch 4.3 too. We expect that this hotfix should be applied sometime later today.

cool guess i can look forward rets running around 3 shotting people again..

PVP - Cool Story Bro.

Censure has to stack to 5 before it starts ticking signifigantly (hence our ramp-up time) so no Ret's won't be three shotting anyone. Thank you for QQing Fear-spamming Warlock about another class lol.
...in the mean time i get crit for 55k by a ret pally in arena...yea i got 3974 resilience btw
90 Human Paladin
09/09/2011 02:43 PMPosted by Clx
After monitoring thousands of Firelands kills, we've concluded that Retribution’s damage was not where we wanted it to be, so we're going to increase Censure damage by roughly 40%. We'll also be keeping an eye on paladin damage as we move towards patch 4.3 too. We expect that this hotfix should be applied sometime later today.

cool guess i can look forward rets running around 3 shotting people again..

Yep my awesome DoT damage will now destroy you.

/rolleyes
90 Draenei Shaman
Am I the only one unnerved by all the melee being herded towards more passive damage?

Fury got an auto-swing boost a while back, Feral got +30% to Savage Roar, and now this.

Unnerved by what is a good thing?

Passive damage is the safest way to buff someone. Why do you think, even with the Cataclysm health pools, people are still getting blown up in PvP? Controlled bursts of damage is why. Not something you can do with passive damage (like dots or auto attacks). In Burning Crusade this wasn't nearly as big of a deal. Why? Because auto attacks and passive damage were where it came from, and "skill" was using non damage class abilities. It certainly wasn't perfect then (Skillherald + Mace Spec) but until controlled melee damage is reigned in a bit more, this will continue to be a problem, especially in the low->mid ranges of PvP.
Edited by Ashunera on 9/9/2011 3:07 PM PDT
85 Draenei Shaman
After monitoring thousands of Firelands kills, we've concluded that Retribution’s damage was not where we wanted it to be, so we're going to increase Censure damage by roughly 40%. We'll also be keeping an eye on paladin damage as we move towards patch 4.3. We expect that this hotfix should be applied sometime later today.

We're also considering shifting some of the damage from Hammer of Wrath into other attacks. While that may not necessarily cure some of the current concerns about proc reliance, it should help smooth out damage a bit.
Yes... Hotfix ret paladins and leave destruction warlocks near the bottom of the barrel in both pve and pvp, where as Ret is still viable in both.

This is very discouraging....

If paladins want to dps they can't switch to another spec that is near the top, while warlocks can.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]