Censure Hotfix Incoming

86 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes... Hotfix ret paladins and leave destruction warlocks near the bottom of the barrel in both pve and pvp, where as Ret is still viable in both.

This is very discouraging....

Just because ret is getting a buff doesn't mean destruction won't, eventually.
19 Human Hunter
After monitoring thousands of Firelands kills, we've concluded that Retribution’s damage was not where we wanted it to be, so we're going to increase Censure damage by roughly 40%. We'll also be keeping an eye on paladin damage as we move towards patch 4.3. We expect that this hotfix should be applied sometime later today.

We're also considering shifting some of the damage from Hammer of Wrath into other attacks. While that may not necessarily cure some of the current concerns about proc reliance, it should help smooth out damage a bit.
Yes... Hotfix ret paladins and leave destruction warlocks near the bottom of the barrel in both pve and pvp, where as Ret is still viable in both.

This is very discouraging....

Paladins have ONE dps spec and currently it isn't very good.
Compare that with priests who have ONE dps spec and its the best overall in the game.
Does not compute.
85 Human Paladin
09/09/2011 03:05 PMPosted by Sifting
...in the mean time i get crit for 55k by a ret pally in arena...yea i got 3974 resilience btw

You weren't spell stealing hard enough bro
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Nice. So I guess this confirms there won't be changes to the wonky mechanics themselves...just buffs to damage. Oh well...I'll take it?
90 Human Paladin
Thanks! <3
90 Dwarf Hunter
09/09/2011 03:09 PMPosted by Macross
Nice. So I guess this confirms there won't be changes to the wonky mechanics themselves...just buffs to damage. Oh well...I'll take it?

That's patch territory. Be thankful.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hotfixes are usually band-aids for real changes that come with patches and / or expansions. I think you'll probably see some of that Censure damage moved someplace else in 4.3.

Oh well, at least a buff to Censure is a buff to Protection threat, too. Not like it matters much anymore ... :-P.
85 Undead Priest
Now destro <3
90 Draenei Shaman
Going by simcraft, censure is 7.3% of ret's total damage, so we're looking at roughly a 3% single-target buff here.

On Baleroc 25H, pretty much the best case scenario for melee, this would move ret from #15 (of 16 viable specs) to #11. A nice bump upwards, but certainly a conservative buff. I expected the ret buff to be between 5-7% when it finally came.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Baleroc/25H/all/14/60/default/
Edited by Slant on 9/9/2011 3:12 PM PDT
- Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
won't this have a side effect of buffing prot when it's not needed?
85 Draenei Priest
I'm happy to see this. Ret's been in terrible shape for a while, bringing them back a bit more in line with the rest of the pack is warranted.
90 Draenei Shaman
09/09/2011 03:12 PMPosted by Omegal
won't this have a side effect of buffing prot when it's not needed?

Who cares? Threat is no longer an issue. If not for the expertise glyph, prot paladins would use the seal of healing anyway.
Edited by Slant on 9/9/2011 3:14 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Ret could still pull viable dps and do very well in pvp. Destro does neither.

You couldn't be further from the truth. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're trolling, and not really this misinformed.
85 Human Paladin
TY bliz it's about time.
85 Goblin Mage

Just because ret is getting a buff doesn't mean destruction won't, eventually.

Im just saying that Destro has been ignored for about 2 patches, and even indirectly nerfed farther into oblivion. Ret could still pull viable dps and do very well in pvp. Destro does neither.

Protip. Destro is simed like 5% behind demo which if you aren't in a hardmode guild wouldn't even matter. So before you start saying it's bad, do some research.
90 Tauren Paladin
After monitoring thousands of Firelands kills, we've concluded that Retribution’s damage was not where we wanted it to be, so we're going to increase Censure damage by roughly 40%. We'll also be keeping an eye on paladin damage as we move towards patch 4.3. We expect that this hotfix should be applied sometime later today.

We're also considering shifting some of the damage from Hammer of Wrath into other attacks. While that may not necessarily cure some of the current concerns about proc reliance, it should help smooth out damage a bit.

Will this change be applied to the general use of Censure in all specs (including Protection) or is it going to be a Retribution only change? Will the same be for Hammer of Wrath?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]