Censure Hotfix Incoming

85 Human Paladin
You see we have damage issue's so you increase our absolutely lowest dps'ing ability and think its fixed i mean good try but not enough. It's way to proc dependent and CD dependent.
85 Human Paladin
After monitoring thousands of Firelands kills, we've concluded that Retribution’s damage was not where we wanted it to be, so we're going to increase Censure damage by roughly 40%. We'll also be keeping an eye on paladin damage as we move towards patch 4.3. We expect that this hotfix should be applied sometime later today.

We're also considering shifting some of the damage from Hammer of Wrath into other attacks. While that may not necessarily cure some of the current concerns about proc reliance, it should help smooth out damage a bit.

Thank you.

I'm glad to see Blizzard taking action with some of the current game issues, seems you guys have been busy with something else entirely. Now all we need is to fix the block/dodge/parry on Crusader Strike problem.
75 Troll Druid
09/09/2011 03:25 PMPosted by Trinthakiz
It's a Huge DPs loss keeping up Inquisition. For High end geared Ret that's about 60-90k 3 HP TV every now and then on wasted on keeping Inquisition up.

Tally up your holy damage in that time, subtract 30%.

09/09/2011 03:27 PMPosted by Grumster
Ret dps might be down but Prot's isnt

Feral is still higher, as are Warriors. This isn't Wrath anymore.
100 Human Paladin
09/09/2011 03:31 PMPosted by Symbiote
Prot shouldn't use SoT after the threat buff

This, without worrying about threat, Prot should be using Seal of Insight.
90 Human Paladin
So instead of the difference between a lucky paladin and an unlucky paladin being 40k or 25k it will now be 42k and 27k?

This doesn't change the RNG issues Ret is completely overburdened with.

There are many other quality of life issues including the horrible scaling.

Are we going to have to wait almost 2 months after Heroic Deathwing is dead before we get another bandage?
19 Human Hunter
09/09/2011 03:29 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
Be careful with this change, Ret dps might be down but Prot's isnt. Censure hotfix would be increasing damage on rets but also increase prots which isnt lacking like ret is atm.

How would prots damage going up affect anything? Tanks hit harder? Dont think people seriously PVP as prot anymore, though I could be wrong.

But because of Censures nature as a stacking dot, is why they chose it. Dont think the bump itll give to Prot (Tanking) dps will mean much

Tanks HAVE to be close to homogenized as possible or else the other tanks start crying rivers.
85 Human Paladin
This is exactly the kind of change I was hoping for. Thank you, Blizzard. Seriously.

09/09/2011 03:31 PMPosted by Lektor
You see we have damage issue's so you increase our absolutely lowest dps'ing ability and think its fixed i mean good try but not enough. It's way to proc dependent and CD dependent.

Censure is not our lowest DPS ability. That'd be Holy Wrath.

Also, keep in mind that this is a hotfix, so no waiting is a bonus. They recognize that the proc reliance is a problem and I suspect they will address it in 4.3. They haven't even started 4.3 class balance yet, so hold your horses, guys. It'll come.
Edited by Reith on 9/9/2011 3:36 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Rogue
lol @ the destro QQ. Destro is a great pve spec that's only slightly behind the other warlock specs.... which is fine for a pure class. It's impossible to balance all 3 specs to be at exactly the same dps at all gear levels. They've done a fine job of it with warlocks. Sure, keeping up improved soulfire can be a pain at times.... but between your imp procs and soulburn.... it's not that hard. Sure you have to hardcast it sometimes.... but it's not that big of a deal. Learn to play your spec I guess?

100 Draenei Paladin
I am appreciative that we are being looked at, that we are being monitored and I am grateful for this buff for what it will do.

But this is not solving the problem, this is just a band aid, taking on a flat damage increase to one of our mechanics doesn't do anything to fix some of our major problems like our........well mechanics.

Moving HoW damage around isn't going to do much either except for weaken our burst and give us higher sustained, which is fine and a good step to take by the way, but again not solving the core issues.

Those issues being extreme proc reliance and as so many like to poke fun at these days, even Blizzard, the clunk in our trunk.

Our rotation isn't fluid or reliable, RNG throws wild variations into our DPS potential, this isn't going to fix that or make near useless abilities like Holy Wrath and Consecration feel useful.

Some great ides have already been tossed your way, how about considering them. The biggest improvement being lowering the CD of Crusader Strike to a base three seconds or somehow improving Sanctity of Battle to make that more viable for us to do.

That or give us another Holy Power generator, you could replace the piece of junk that is Holy Wrath with something like that. At this point the only reason we use it is to proc Divine Purpose and for utility through it's stun capabilities.

Please do not just slap a bandage on the problems and then write us off as fine as you've done to so many other things in the past.
100 Human Paladin
09/09/2011 03:33 PMPosted by Lul
Tanks HAVE to be close to homogenized as possible or else the other tanks start crying rivers.

Well..until bears and DKS can strap shields to their face, that wont stop, but thats beside the point of the thread.

Paladin tanks can kill Alysrazor adds faster..woot..
Edited by Paladinchaz on 9/9/2011 3:36 PM PDT
27 Undead Warrior
Damn =(

I think the trade chat was fixed finally

/cry
85 Human Paladin
I am appreciative that we are being looked at, that we are being monitored and I am grateful for this buff for what it will do.

But this is not solving the problem, this is just a band aid, taking on a flat damage increase to one of our mechanics doesn't do anything to fix some of our major problems like our........well mechanics.

Moving HoW damage around isn't going to do much either except for weaken our burst and give us higher sustained, which is fine and a good step to take by the way, but again not solving the core issues.

Those issues being extreme proc reliance and as so many like to poke fun at these days, even Blizzard, the clunk in our trunk.

Our rotation isn't fluid or reliable, RNG throws wild variations into our DPS potential, this isn't going to fix that or make near useless abilities like Holy Wrath and Consecration feel useful.

Some great ides have already been tossed your way, how about considering them. The biggest improvement being lowering the CD of Crusader Strike to a base three seconds or somehow improving Sanctity of Battle to make that more viable for us to do.

That or give us another Holy Power generator, you could replace the piece of junk that is Holy Wrath with something like that. At this point the only reason we use it is to proc Divine Purpose and for utility through it's stun capabilities.

Please do not just slap a bandage on the problems and then write us off as fine as you've done to so many other things in the past.

Quoting myself from my post above:
09/09/2011 03:34 PMPosted by Reith
Also, keep in mind that this is a hotfix, so no waiting is a bonus. They recognize that the proc reliance is a problem and I suspect they will address it in 4.3. They haven't even started 4.3 class balance yet, so hold your horses, guys. It'll come.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
This is rare. A blizz employee starting a thread about PALADINS. This is good news, cause it shows blizz has noticed the almost 100k ret posts out there. It will really help dmg in both pvp and pve, but with it being a DoT that will still be quite weak, its not much of a great buff. But it means ret is starting to go into a better direction, meaning we could see more hotfixes and buffs.
90 Draenei Paladin
09/09/2011 02:39 PMPosted by Daxxarri
While that may not necessarily cure some of the current concerns about proc reliance, it should help smooth out damage a bit.

Perhaps make those procs scale with gear a bit better? A baseline of 20% and 15% (for AoW and DP respectively) is incredibly static. Haste is meant to increase our available resources, Retribution's resource is cooldowns. Why not make Haste increase the proc chances of AoW and DP?
90 Tauren Paladin
09/09/2011 03:31 PMPosted by Symbiote
Prot shouldn't use SoT after the threat buff.

For any situation where we need to maintain active threat over another tank or where we need to keep our DPS flowing to meet requirements (such as pre-nerf or even current heroic Ragnaros, depending on the group) it's still necessary.

Hence, the inquiry.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]