Censure Hotfix Incoming

85 Troll Priest
09/09/2011 03:08 PMPosted by Sathrago
Im just saying that Destro has been ignored for about 2 patches

and shamans have been ignored for 2+ years. *shrug*
75 Troll Druid
09/09/2011 04:01 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
This is true in theory, but many raiding rets could tell you it doesnt always work out that way, having a better chance, still mean theres a chance, and you could have a chance to still not get any procs.

Now you're just arguing to argue.
85 Tauren Warrior
09/09/2011 04:03 PMPosted by Ebonseraphim

Blizz hates shamans, we all know that. Shamans, locks, warriors, rogues, paldins, dks, druids, priests, hunters, and mages.
90 Human Paladin
09/09/2011 04:02 PMPosted by Grumster
As far as I can tell the extra damage is still far more useful than a massive mana gain which isnt needed and a heal that really isnt needed.

I would think that a heal, however small it may be, would be a bigger benefit than a paltry amount of extra dps that a tank could add.

Though I could be mistaken, just seems a heal would be more beneficial to me

09/09/2011 04:04 PMPosted by Foiblesqt
Now you're just arguing to argue.

I disagree!!
Edited by Paladinchaz on 9/9/2011 4:05 PM PDT
85 Draenei Paladin

Perhaps make those procs scale with gear a bit better? A baseline of 20% and 15% (for AoW and DP respectively) is incredibly static. Haste is meant to increase our available resources, Retribution's resource is cooldowns. Why not make Haste increase the proc chances of AoW and DP?

More autoattacks and more Crusader Strikes means more procs. Jesus, do you even know what the abilities do?

Snide comments aside, do you understand that 0.1-0.2s off the autoswing or Crusader Strike does very little? Haste affects AoW and DP, but not nearly as much as you may think.

With my current weapon (3.6s baseline), it would generate about 16.67 autoswings per minute. The 1200 haste I have increases my autoswings by 1.5 per minute. It doesn't do enough to increase the proc rate whereas a percentage increase would.

Edit: Haste only effects DP by reducing the GCD of Judgement and Holy Wrath. Exorcism and Inquisition aren't really cast to increase DP procs.
Edited by Verexïa on 9/9/2011 4:12 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Death Knight
...what the hell is the problem here? It's a slight PvE DPS increase to help bring Paladins up to the same level as the rest of the melee DPS! How could anyone complain about it?

/boggle
90 Draenei Shaman
09/09/2011 04:03 PMPosted by Ebonseraphim

The Purification hotfix buff back near the beginning of Cata and the Shamanism Hotfix buff a few weeks back counts as being ignored how exactly? :S
85 Tauren Warrior
As far as I can tell the extra damage is still far more useful than a massive mana gain which isnt needed and a heal that really isnt needed.

I would think that a heal, however small it may be, would be a bigger benefit than a paltry amount of extra dps that a tank could add.

Though I could be mistaken, just seems a heal would be more beneficial to me

A heal that size is the reason prot warriors very rarely use Blood craze. It is far too small. The extra dps is a far greater benefit to your raid than a tiny heal.
Edited by Grumster on 9/9/2011 4:06 PM PDT
90 Draenei Paladin
Love how this thread is devolving into arguments about other classes needing buffs, so someone else gets help and then suddenly it's all rage, rage, rage about your personal issue?

Nice guys.

As for those referring to my post and other posts as ungrateful and whining, far from it. I'm grateful for this buff and I realize they are very limited in what they can do in a Hotfix.

I'm not stupid.

But I simply want to be sure that this isn't the end of it, regardless of what the Blue posts says, and while I'll thank them for this buff I'm certainly not going to gush and drop all the issues Retribution has.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 9/9/2011 4:08 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
...what the hell is the problem here? It's a slight PvE DPS increase to help bring Paladins up to the same level as the rest of the melee DPS! How could anyone complain about it?

/boggle

We're not, most of us are thankful, we're just voicing concerns that it doesnt solve the real problem, but Blizzard has acknowledged this as well.

Then warlock complaining derailed the thread
85 Human Paladin
09/09/2011 03:05 PMPosted by Williáms

cool guess i can look forward rets running around 3 shotting people again..

Not once ever have rets three shoted people ever in cata unless your gear is just THAT BAD maybe ret 3.0 they were. but not it cataclysm.

Last time I one-shot or three-shot anyone was Wreaking them with reckoning bombs in 1.0, not even in the first 2 weeks of 3.0 was I able to effectively 3 hit anyone who was same level/geared as I was.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
After monitoring thousands of Firelands kills, we've concluded that Retribution’s damage was not where we wanted it to be, so we're going to increase Censure damage by roughly 40%. We'll also be keeping an eye on paladin damage as we move towards patch 4.3. We expect that this hotfix should be applied sometime later today.

We're also considering shifting some of the damage from Hammer of Wrath into other attacks. While that may not necessarily cure some of the current concerns about proc reliance, it should help smooth out damage a bit.

Thats nice and all but it's still going to leave us proc reliant and having to deal with slow (and extremely boring) holy power build up, not to mention how dull and clunky the rotation is in general, as for pvp we're still going to be lacking somewhat as well.
Edited by Foxstrife on 9/9/2011 4:10 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Death Knight
09/09/2011 04:07 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
But I simply want to be sure that this isn't the end of it, regardless of what the Blue posts says, and while I'll thank them for this buff I'm certainly not going to gush and drop all the issues Retribution has.

They're always working on the game. There are, however, only so many of them - and they may disagree about where the problems most in need of work are.

It's rather silly to ask for confirmation that they're still doing work on your class every time the release an update for the 90% of the rest of the classes.
85 Draenei Hunter
Gratz Rets

Now maybe Blizz might give the 10 specs that are under pally some attention. some of them been at the bottom for 3 years even after GC admitted they failed them
I'm glad i found out where their priorities are at
Edited by Furlicity on 9/9/2011 4:11 PM PDT
69 Gnome Warrior
Well, my pally alts still aren't too happy with ret, but this is better than no change. Instead of completely front-loading damage (old pally style), or requiring buildup based on rng (new style), why not a happy medium? Also, there's still too much downtime when rng doesn't go your way. Nobody much likes rng.
75 Troll Druid
09/09/2011 04:04 PMPosted by Verexïa
It doesn't do enough to increase the proc rate whereas a percentage increase would.

I never said it increased it a lot, but if it increases the proc rate, it increases the proc rate. No need to lie about it.

09/09/2011 04:05 PMPosted by Sathrago
Ret was already Viable as a pve dps

It was barely viable. You could be Demo or Aff, both of which are far better than Ret, even post hotfix. Ret has no other dps options.

CS doesn't proc DP, you know.

Technically more CS through extra haste leads to more TV, which gives more DP procs, but that is basically semantics. :P
Edited by Foiblesqt on 9/9/2011 4:15 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]