Class Feedback – Rogue

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Rogue
I really think that rogues need to have their talent Bandit's Guile looked at.

It takes a really long time to stack it up. I think that to improve overall rogue damage for the combat spec, that the talent Bandit's Guile should add at static 15% damage increase, with a 5% increase per stack of bandits guile, rather than 0-30% ramp up. It would be the same damage overall, but it wouldn't take to long to ramp up stacks of Bandit's Guile on fights, and would help with target swapping.

Another idea is to have Throw be used while moving. During the Alysrazor fight, I noticed I could use Throw while moving, and I think that we should be able to normally.

Lastly, please make the Combat Readiness ability not take so long to ramp up either. Since it's shared cooldown with Cloak of Shadows, I feel as though it should start with 50% damage reduction, and work its way down to 0% or even 10%, rather than start at 0% and work its way up to 50%.
85 Night Elf Rogue
What type of content do you focus on?

PVE raids primarily.

Quality of life issues

Poisons. Needing to dedicate 4+ bag slots to the variety of poisons required sucks.
Target swapping. We don't need to be great at it but we certainly need to be better than we are relative to other melee and even casters.
AOE. The FoK-uses-thrown-weapon experiment is a pretty big failure if you're not Assassination and Combat's perma-cleave falls flat once you pass 2 targets.

Why I enjoy playing a rogue

I like the frenetic pace of Combat. Hitting Adrenaline Rush and going to town with SS or using Killing Spree and jumping all over the place still entertains me.

What I don't enjoy about playing a rogue / What I feel about the rotation

These kind of go together. Overall, I find the predictability of a rogue's rotation to be boring. Even with RvS added to "break up" Combat's SS spam, it's still as mindless to hit at exactly 4 CPs as it would be to just hit SS. There's nothing to really react to; just spam, spam, spam, finisher. RvS is also a cheap band-aid to make our finishers hit relatively hard after the loss of armor pen and Bandit's Guile is so miserable that I just turned it off on my UI so I could forget how hamstrung I am when switching targets. I'd go as far to say that BG is a horrible talent in that it makes me want to be a selfish player and tunnel a target instead of helping the raid if I'm needed to switch; that's not the type of mindset it should promote. Also, pretty much every finisher outside of Envenom could use some love. For the most part, they're as plain and boring as the day they were created 6 years ago.

Wish list

More impressive finishers, less of a dependency on SnD or at least making SnD more interesting, Bandit's Guile not making me want to tunnel a target and ignore switching, Killing Spree being a little less lethal for the rogue and a way to make my OH look like something cooler than a dagger. On, and for our new abilities for the next xpac, could we get more than 1 that has use in PVE?

Least used skills

Expose Armor. I use it now but that's because we have no warriors or druids in our raids anymore. I still think it should be changed to be a personal Combat-specific finisher in lieu of using rupture.
Smoke Bomb, Combat Readiness, Deadly Throw. PVP-focused skills that are next to worthless in PVE.
Edited by Elierra on 9/12/2011 10:31 AM PDT
85 Worgen Rogue
sub rogue pvp

What type of content do you focus on? PVP

If PvP, what type of PvP? Arenas+Rated BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? not being able to shadowstep in roots, not being able to mix two poisons into one (maybe make it into a unique, this will allow 1 extra poison on weapon), and maybe to combat readiness while stunned?

What makes playing your class more fun? smoke bomb, backstab crits, shadow dance, cc's, expose weakness

What makes playing your class less fun? kited, requiring recup to do more dmg, combat readiness and cloak sharing cd.

What’s on your wish list for your class? sap enemy while in combat only when shadow dance is up would be great

What spells do you use the least? feint, pick pocket lol, expose armor, rupture (horrible dmg compared to feral bleeds)
90 Human Rogue
PVE - everything from soloing old content to 25man raids.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
The biggest quality of life change I think would be one that addresses poisons. Yes, I know we've come a long way from having to brew our own, but improvement could still be made. Sans use of an add-on or poison macro, the current interface requires the player to open up the bag where five different stacks of poisons are stored, open the character pane, right click the desired poison and then left click which weapon we want to apply it to. Rinse and repeat two more times. I'd like to see poisons added to the spell book. I don't like carrying around five different stacks of poisons. A pull-out interface for poison application similar to how Hunters and Warlocks select their pets or Mages select their portals would be a very nice quality of life improvement. And not having to carry them around anymore - or buy them for that matter - would be wonderful too.

What makes playing your class more fun?
Stealth.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Having skills I use for PVE be nerfed because PVP needs balance. Example: Cloak of Shadows CD nerf and then further nerfed to share CD with Combat Readiness. I wish PVP had its own player mode spec with its own rules. This is hands down the one thing about the game that bothers me the most.

How do you feel about your rotation?
I mostly play Assassination because of the rotation. It's not too complicated and it's not too boring. Don't fix it; it's not broke.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
1. Combo points on the player, not the target.
2. Throw to be usable while moving or alternatively, Deadly Throw to not require combo points.

What spells do you use the least?
Expose Armor, Deadly Throw
85 Night Elf Rogue
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
As DKs, maybe using a Enchant UI poisons for weapons, instead of buying all of them. In that way I can switch poisons anytime. Never ever worried again about buying poisons or not having enough in bags.

Being able to stealth, vanish when I have troubles, Fast weapons swings, feeling like a ninjitsu oriental god.

DPS competition. Our job is just one: DPS as hell. Not having more group/raid buffs/benefits, I can be replaced anytime for another high dps which brings more raid benefits.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Pretty good by now, just need to keep an eye on some stuff but for both Assa and Combat is really easy to handle.

Ok, this is what I wanted to answer, basically I have to petitions:
- Please, please, please, add again FAST one handed weapons for us. Getting stuck on using a dagger for off-hand as combat is not my favorite thing. I really miss being able to DW 2 swords, or 2 cool axes. I thought it could be fixed with Transmog new feature, but it wont happen so, please add those kind of weapons back for us. Having to use a Big Axe for main and....a simple dagger for combat really doesn't fit for me.

- We need a new special spell, Smoke bomb is mostly useless. What about some kind of spell that can summon a clon or shadow from you who will mirror all your movements and abilities. Now that would make me feel as a real master of shadows.

Smoke Bomb, Expose Armor, Deadly Throw, Disarm Trap.
90 Undead Rogue

PvE

Heroics currently, though I've completed all the current raid content (guild fell apart after first Rag kill, been playing somewhat casually since then while looking for better raiding opportunities).

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I generally always want to play as combat, but since Mutilate is so superior in terms of rotation comfort and all around damage output, I play that just to maximize my dps. This is a relatively small complaint though. It might be nice to have some kind of activated group or raidwide buff (as opposed to passives like HaT)

Using utility abilities like Smoke Bomb smartly, CC'ing multiple things with Sap + Blind, using stealth to get around areas or mobs smartly.

When vanish still acts oddly and doesn't properly remove me from combat (the cata improvements help, but sometimes it still goes wrong). Being kited in pvp, though we've got a lot of ways to get out of that.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Mut is great, since it's fast pasted and generally really easy to maintain. Combat is messy now though with the introduction of Revealing Strike. I wish the extra finishing move damage was just rolled into the spec as a passive, because revealing strike feels like it should be a waste of a global cooldown and energy. I'd prefer having the WotLK rotation again (ideally without needing to keep rupture up, or make it more worthwhile to maintain).

WotLK combat rotation, some kind of castable group buff, maybe more "rogue only" things that involve lockpicking and disarm traps.

Also it would be nice if combo points were stored on the character instead of on a targeted mob, so that target switching wasn't a penalty. I know we have Redirect now, but it's a cooldown and feels unnecessary when there are better ways to handle CP's

And FAST 1h swords/axes/maces, etc. Having non-matching weapon types is hideous and frustrating. Part of the allure of getting new gear is looking badass. Having a sweet sword or axe in my main hand, with a dinky dagger in my offhand, just looks goofy. Also, there are a lot of very cool 1h swords that are str based that I wish had an agi based equivalent. It'd be nice to have more fist weapons too.

Frankly though, if transmogrification allowed us to make any 1h melee weapons look like any other 1h melee weapons regardless of weapon types, problem solved.

Combat Readiness, Redirect, Expose Armor
Edited by Euphylline on 9/12/2011 10:21 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Rogue
PvP, the special moment right before the attack. the deep breath before the opening strike.
standing over your enemies corpse after a perfectly executed kill. all enjoyable as a rogue but please, My quality of life and fun of the class (for me personally) is destroyed when a hunter picks you out from 40 yds away with no provocation, other than he felt like it. Please make stealth just a little more potent, not looking to be able to stand in front of someone but i really dont like being picked out from a mile away.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
PVE

Heroics, some raids.

The biggest quality of life issue is that enemies always turn to target the person they are casting at. This is immensely frustrating, particularly when you are pressing Backstab as it happens and end up energy capping. Or, worst, you just hit Shadow Dance. I respec to Combat every time I go into Throne of Tides because the trash mobs there might as well be spinning the entire time you fight them.

The other major quality of life issue is Honor Among Thieves; Subtlety currently feels punished for being in a group that lacks good combo point generation, rather than it being a boon if your group has good combo point generation.

Related to that, Master of Subtlety does not last long enough for groups with bad combo point generation; it is very frustrating to get Slice and Dice and Rupture up in time when the group isn't doing its fair share of crits.

Subtlety in particular has a lot of short cooldowns that have to be kept track of and an engaging rotation; the spec as a whole requires a lot of intricacy to play well. The challenge makes the spec interesting. Also, Backstab and Ambush have -very- satisfying sound effects to go with them when they hit.

Subtlety has dreadful, dreadful AoE. Unless there are many enemies to hit, it is more effective to single-target an enemy with Ambush and Backstab than it is to hit Fan of Knives.

Also, enemies that turn to cast when you just hit Shadow Dance.

In addition to the above QoL issues that affect the rotation, Eviscerate feels extremely weak as a finisher; if it did not refresh Rupture, I'd just keep Backstabbing instead.

Better AoE and that enemies do not frequently turn to face their target when casting.

Fan of Knives.
Edited by Amuramie on 9/12/2011 11:37 AM PDT
85 Undead Rogue
Only PvP

If PvP, what type of PvP?
City PvP; mostly invading Stormwind and trying to gank any Alliance in Stormwind that happen to be PvP flagged (and preferably AFK). I also do BGs and Arenas.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Keep in mind these all have to do with PvP, not PvE:
1. Remembering to buy poisons. Why can't we just have them all the time?
2. Why do poisons have a 60 minute timer? I have to use an addon which reminds me when my poisons are about to expire. That doesn't seem right. Why can't the poison just stay on my weapon forever until I decide to change it?
3. If Kidney Shot misses, it still goes on full cooldown. Very frustrating. I think that's a situation where RNG is too much of a game changer.
4. Abilities which require being behind an opponent, such as Backstab, are tricky in PvP, due to network latency and how some players are always mouse turning very rapidly.
5. Being stunned 0.01 seconds after using PvP trinket. I would change the trinket so that you cannot be stunned for 2 seconds after using the trinket. I would make it so that if someone tried to stun you during those 2 seconds, then no cooldowns would be spent. Example: I use PvP trinket to get out of a stun. Opponent tries to Kidney Shot me 0.1 seconds later. His Kidney Shot would fail, but it would not go on cooldown.
6. If many of my abilities are on cooldown from a previous battle, I sometimes feel like I have to sit around waiting for cooldowns before I can do anything.
7. Way too many Stormwind Guards spawning out of thin air, even when plenty of human-controlled Alliance players are already on me. I think just 1-2 guards are enough; that'd keep me from using Vanish. Also, why do guards' melee/arrows need to hit for 5,000-6,000? I think City PvP would be more fun for both factions if it was up to human-controlled Alliance players to defend Stormwind, and not a gazillion computer-controlled guards.
8. Lack of Alliance players in other cities besides Stormwind. Ironforge used to be fun for me to invade before Cataclysm; now there's hardly any level 85 Alliance there. Darnassus and Exodar have never been worth invading due to lack of level 85 Alliance. I think it's because those Cataclysm portals are only available in Stormwind. If those portals were available in other cities, then there'd be more level 85 Alliance in those cities for me to try to gank!
9. When I die in Stormwind City, the ghost run from the east side of Elwynn Forest is way too long, even with the guild perk "The Quick and The Dead". Also, you have to ghost run from there if you die anywhere in Deeprun Tram; even if you die on the "Ironforge side" of the Tram.

Stealthing in Stormwind City and trying to gank level 85 Alliance players who happen to be PvP flagged. Especially if they happen to be AFK. It's challenging to pull off a gank, which makes it really satisfying when I pull it off. I would love to invade other cities too, but it seems like all the level 85 Alliance are in Stormwind.

Situations where I feel forced to "wait and stand around" as I wait for all my cooldowns.

Also, I wonder how people without addons/macros set up their Shadow Dance bar. You have to use Shadow Dance to get the bar to appear, then you only have 6 seconds to try to drag abilities onto that bar. If you can't get all your abilities on the bar in time, you have to wait another minute. It feels like addons/macros are mandatory to use Shadow Dance effectively.

1. Poisons being unlimited like hunter ammo. Poisons staying on your weapons forever until you decide to change poisons, instead of the pointless 60 minute timer.
2. When graveyard rezzing in a Battleground, cooldowns being reset or at least shortened.
3. Would be nice if Preparation also reset Cloak of Shadows.
4. Would anything bad happen if you removed those "truesight" elite guards from Stormwind? If you removed Officers Brady, Pomeroy, Connelly, Jaxon, etc. from Stormwind, would anything bad happen? It's frustrating to accidentally get too close to them.
Edited by Geasapdum on 9/12/2011 11:35 AM PDT
83 Troll Hunter
Both

High-End Raids

Arenas

Re-Apply Poisons, Throw weapons most of time are inferior to Bows and Crossbows when we wont AoE, but we need a macro when we needed to.

Stealth.

In PvE lack of procs or rotations changes, in PvP more assassin tricks like stuns, reduce healing effects, incapacitate effects or more movement on the rogue's talent trees.

Lack of Procs, causing a stationary rotation like full combo points finish, energy management and please, don't do rotations needing 10ms latency to do the maximum advantage of it, remember you have players with 150ms.

Actually our energy regen in combat are capping, do a way to energy dump it, eternal poisons, more damage on finishers we like big numbers.

Expose Armor, Gouge, Combat Readiness, Deadly Throw, Pickpocket.
85 Goblin Rogue
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]: PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]: heroics

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.: loss of combo points from switching from one mob to another

What makes playing your class more fun?: all melee, instant abilities, unique combo point system

What makes playing your class less fun?: combo point system can be very unfun at times, downtime and loss of buffs and bleeds is not too uncommon

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.): simple but hard to manage because of combo points and downtime

What’s on your wish list for your class?: a fundamental change in how they work (the paladin combo point system is a much better working example of how our combo points should be based on, but ridding of the combo point system might do us some justice as well), the ability viably dual wield two 1h weapons (not daggers) as combat, and for each spec to feel more different from one another.

What spells do you use the least?: redirect, hard to know WHEN to use it sometimes
Edited by Robfu on 9/12/2011 10:22 AM PDT
90 Undead Rogue
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Mostly dungeons

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BG's and Rated Bgs

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

can't really think of anything right now..

# What makes playing your class more fun?

Sub isn't as crappy as it used to be :)

# What makes playing your class less fun?

Combat Readiness is useless when sharing CD with Cloak. I haven't used it since the change. I miss Ghostly Strike, screw what anyone else says, that was a bad !@# talent.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Deadly Poison drops off way to quick and sucks to stack. other then that, Sub rotation is hard as hell, which makes it fun. Fylth approves

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Would be nice to have Cloak and Combat Readiness back on separate cool downs again. make Deadly Poison stack faster or less stacks with scaled dmg, something to that effect.

# What spells do you use the least?

Combat readiness ( i don't use it at all anymore ), Expose Armor ( pretty much useless now ), Sinister Strike ( don't play combat ) Feint ( NEVER used it )
85 Blood Elf Rogue
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Mostly PvP. Somewhat turned-off by raiding atm.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Mutilate by default. Would love to go back to combat if it weren't so clunky.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Love RBGs, increasingly irritated by arenas.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Give me a sword off-hand. Is it THAT hard to itemize a standard (generic) pvp item??

# What makes playing your class more fun?
Im not sure anymore. It the stealth thing i guess.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
I mostly just hate feral. With that comes the fact that Rupture hits for jack, seriously.
Also, im sad now that noone is afraid of rogues =*(

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Nothing to declare. This is probably a non-issue, but Sub rotation can sometimes to be too energy hungry, especially in burst windows.
Mutilate is just boring as hell, and the ramp-up time sucks.
Combat would be fun again if it weren't so sluggish.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
Give me off-hand variations. Enough with the daggers already.
Rupture needs some hot, wet LOVE.

# What spells do you use the least?
Hmm, i wouldnt say "spells" but rather talents. Take a look at 99% of all pvp, Sub Rogues. We all have the EXACT same talents. I think i recall you guys saying we want players to chose etc... fail. Envelopping shadows is a waste of space. Cheat Death is too fat.

EDIT: @ Blizz: you have a good thing going on here, hope you are reading what we rogues are telling you. I think most of us are spot-on with our evaluations. There are some VERY legitimate requests amongst the posts ive read.
Edited by Hossman on 9/12/2011 10:39 AM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman
Regarding poisons...
I've heard people complain about having to reapply them every hour (Shamans have to do it every half hour!) which seems like no big deal...
But having to keep yourself stocked and the potential of running out if you forgot to stop at a poison vendor does spark an idea...

Make them abilities that you train from your class trainer at the same level the poisons currently require...then it'd be like the shaman weapon imbues
90 Undead Rogue
Type of content you focus on: PvE, I feel PvP does not fit my personality and how I want to participate in the game.

Type of PvE: Questing. Raids. Dungeons. I've been raiding for ~4 years, but retired raiding for this expansion due to time constraints. I casually do heroic dungeons just to keep my gear up to pre-raid standards should things change.

Biggest quality-of-life issues: That vanish still doesn't work as intended all the time (firelands dailies are a big example of places where it has issues). I find that buying and applying poisons is annoying, though when I had to brew my own poisons I felt more engaged in the process and enjoyed applying them to my weapons - now that has changed, it feels like an old and outdated way to do things. I don't like that my stuns are put on a diminishing return by other classes while other classes don't have the same rules in place. Dying by killing spree, randomly falling through objects (bridges etc) and getting attacked by things 'too close'. Bandit's guile being a dps loss instead of a boost, as we're constantly switching targets and our redirect has such a long cooldown in comparison to when we actually need it in fights like that.

What makes playing your class more fun? The combo-point system. I don't have to deal with mana and cast times or a complicated system like runes or pally's power stuff or constantly lose my resource like warriors. I'm like an energizer bunny, I can keep going and going. I have ways to get myself out of trouble if I don't want to deal with a random attacker. I can steal money and objects, which is amusing (I keep a snuggly starfish in my bank because it's such a fun item). I can stealth around and discover things people normally couldn't. I enjoy being able to heal myself instead of relying on bandages. Shadow Stepping. If I could shadowstep in all specs, I'd be a happy girl. It's so iconic and fun, and such a good way to keep our damage up since we'd be on the next target quicker than running there. I love that I'm actively pushing buttons with this class rather than waiting for cast times or passive damage and certain procs, it makes me feel like I'm more in control and that my character is actively participating.

What makes playing your class less fun? The fluctuation in PvE viability. We're high damage, then we're low, then we're middle, then we're low, then we're high. It's annoying. For raiding, it feels like we're dating a bi-polar schizophrenic. I get slightly depressed when we're not near the top of raid damage, but other dps-only classes are. When hybrid classes out do us on a regular basis, I feel like we're being rejected by the dev team. No one likes being sat on progression because you're middle of the pack or lower and you don't have any specs available other than dps. Class mechanics don't make me upset, but the fluctuation in desirability of the class makes me upset and not have fun.

Our tier gear I find to be a problem. Our bonuses are stuck on ToTT for some reason, or weird procs. The look of a rogue is supposed to be sleek and stealthy. I hide my helm constantly, shoulders are a clunky embarrassment and why do we have bright colors? I feel like it is detrimental to the class, all these weird huge armor designs. The set bonuses I've felt have not been particularly useful for 3 expansions. It's not overwhelmingly desirable to have a set bonus in this xpac - sure, it's desirable, but not Overwhelmingly desirable which I think is a design flaw.

How do you feel about your rotation? As combat, I like it. It keeps me active and has a lot of variation on when cooldowns are used. It feels like I'm putting out enough effort as a player to get decent results, right amount of work for the right amount of damage. As mutilate, it feels like most of the damage is passive so I feel less active and it's not fun for me. Though, their damage seems overly high for the low amount of button pushing they do. Subtlety I dislike now, as I remember the good ol' days in BC when it was fun to use in arena or even in pve. Now it seems confusing and too much effort for too little results.

Class Wish List: Shadowstep for everyone. A damage boost. 3 viable raiding specs. Diminishing returns on stuns either for all classes or none. The removal of Global Cooldowns since we're already a class who is capped by resources, it messes up so many abilities.

What spells do you use the least? Disarm Trap. I love it because it's unique, but it doesn't have much use. Distract because I rarely have time to if I'm with a group, solo play I use it occasionally. Expose Armor, as good as it is it feels like a personal dps loss for a group wide dps gain - which I suppose is how it's intended. Smoke Bomb. Totally forgettable, and most PvE players actually move out of it. Gouge, which I like but only use occasionally.
Edited by Lucrezia on 9/12/2011 11:16 AM PDT
85 Goblin Rogue

Give us a tanking spec.
90 Blood Elf Rogue

PvE

Raids

Mobs despawning in boss encounters before I can redirect the combo points back to something meaningful. Insight dropping on target switches.

Major Glyphs. I thought the idea was that major glyphs shouldn't offer any clear dps gains, but blade flurry is one of the top reasons to be combat and that glyph is clearly a flat dps gain and thus essentially mandatory. The Tricks glyph is also a clear personal and raid dps gain. So in order to use choose more than 1 of those rather useful non dps glyphs you have to give up a dps glyph.

Being able to do my role (more specifically my rotation) and also being able to use those nifty rogue abilities without the latter negatively impacting the former significantly (i.e. going significantly over energy cap due to using a gcd)

Feeling like I am useless the first 10 seconds or so after I target switch while insight ramps up, and also just general lack of burst damage due to our passive damage being so high.

Revealing Strike is a waste of space. It provides a very marginal gain which is completely disproportionate to the amount of effort it takes to use it properly, meaning only at exactly 4cp. Not to say using it is hard, just that for the effort and the fact that its a talented ability, the return is too small.

The same can be said for rupture. It is only worth using with a bleed debuff and when not at high insight, and even then its a very small gain. The rotation definitely feels too boring without it, but again the return should be proportionate to the effort in using it properly.

Taunt and a way to get PvE crit immunity. I loved tanking on my rogue in WotLK, and I tanked nearly every heroic dungeon, all of Naxx10, all of VoA, 3/5 ToC, etc, but now I can't get crit immune with resilience meaning its a dice roll to see if I get 1 shot even in a Cata 5 man heroic.

Some way, perhaps a minor glyph, to make killing spree only hit 1 target.

Since cloak no longer removes nearly every debuff on boss fights (which is reasonable) it should at least resist any damage a paladin bubble / iceblock can immune in raid encounters, or should have its cooldown returned to 1 minute like it was originally.

Combat Rediness - not even on my action bar after the CloS cd share
90 Goblin Rogue

PVE

Raids (10 man only)

n/a

Any type of target switching is generally not a good thing for rogues. The double ramp up time (ie combo points and poisons) make this not overly fun.

I honestly enjoy the number aspects and min/maxing. I will take the extra time to smooth out my gear just so I can be doing the best I possibly can.

When I'm forced to stand in front of bosses anytime during fights, especially sub 35%.

I think you have done a great job on this for assassination. I think its quite straightforward. I haven't gotten around to trying out combat yet sadly, and I personally just don't like subtlety.

That somehow our target switching dps capabilities get a little better.

I honestly never use combat rediness or smoke bomb really. Since I don't really pvp.
Edited by Birdflu on 9/12/2011 10:46 AM PDT
85 Orc Rogue

Both PvE and PvP.

Both Raids, and Heroics.

I play all three types of PvP.

Poisons in bags.
I enjoy the Energy/Combo point resource system, and the overall fast playstyle of the class.

Long, redundant Ramp up time. Lack of target switching ability. No meaningful finishers/finisher damage. Little raid utility in comparison with other classes who bring similar damage output. Bandit's Guile.

In general, I enjoy the fast paced rotation. However, Bandit's Guile is a very unfun mechanic, and was implemented poorly. There is no payoff for stacking your cooldowns with deep insight, and all we're left with is a long ramp up which hinders us from doing our job. Revealing Strike is a little unpolished, and using it properly should be a more significant gain. Rupture is a worthless finisher, and should be augmented somewhat, or another Combat finisher implemented.

A Combat only finisher to replace Rupture. A rework of Bandit's Guile (25/50/75% Ar Pen), the return of Prey on the Weak as an execute style talent in which Bandit's Guile does not cycle off after the target is sub 35%. A talent which applies/reapplies Expose armor via Eviscerate. Reduction of our ramp up somehow. More damage with Killing Spree, making it a meaningful choice to outweigh the gamble of using it.

Combat Readiness, Expose Armor, Deadly Throw.
85 Human Rogue
PvP

n/a

Arenas and BGs

Poisons expiring. I'm pretty good at remembering them, but once in a while I'll completely forget and be doing horribly until I remember that I forgot them.

The fact that I can be a scout if I want to, reporting information to my friends in BGs. The fact that I can sit in stealth and wait for that picture perfect moment where the enemy isn't paying attention to ninja the flag away from them. Being able to be a large contributor to my arena team without having to do as much damage as say, a warrior or death knight. There's loads of things that make being a Rogue fun.

What really irks me is how some classes have some very large radius AoEs that they can spam with little to no penalty. It makes it quite a bit more challenging to get an opener, but that's still sometimes fun. The feeling of being in the perfect moment to strike is pretty great, but it seems pretty rare for me. Other than that most of the things that are based around me still having things to improve on in PvP.

I don't really have one in PvP. I love being able to use all of my abilites situationally while having a few combo point generators that do some damage.

More mobility / viability for specs other than Subtlety in PvP. It seems that if you're not Subtlety, you can expect to get kited like none other.

Expose armor. Just about everything else I use pretty regularly except for Envenom, which is made more for Assassination specced Rogues.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]