(Locked)

85 Human Rogue
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics + Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas, BG's, Rated BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Honestly I like dealing with poisons, makes me feel a little more rogue-ish. Although if the poisons had a little longer duration would make things a little bit easier.

What makes playing your class more fun?
The whole aspect of a rogue.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Not much need of a rogue in raids.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I'm currently combat for pve, I feel the rotation is fine, although wrath level combat rotation was a little bit more funner.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Something that only rogues can bring to a raid, which will make them a needed class. Right now rogues don't really benefit a raid as well as the other classes, we don't bring any buffs, so why not just bring a hunter instead of a rogue?

What spells do you use the least?
The least? Maybe distract, although depending on the situation I use generally all the skills.
85 Gnome Rogue
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

PvE

Raids

N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Reforging is my biggest gripe currently. Having to manage several different stat "caps" forces you to reforge almost every piece of gear each time you get a new item. On top of that, if you swap specs during a raid, to do your optimal DPS you must hearth back to the capitol city and reforge. Thus defeating the purpose of having dual specs in the first place.

Trash mobs in Firelands are obnoxious for melee.

Killing spree

1 hour poisons are boring.

I enjoy the competitiveness of DPS. Being capable of competing for the top DPS is what I find the most enjoyable overall. Outside of that, unique fight mechanics that force you to play your class in an unusual way can be enjoyable. Playing Sub on twins dragons is an example.

Melee unfriendly bosses in general, or fights where my classes weaknesses are really apparent. Such as Target switching, and some AoE fights.

Killing spree suicides.

Interrupt rotations.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Combat: I was not a fan of revealing strike at first. However, now that I have become comfortable with the spec, I am a fan of it. I enjoy the added complexity over mutilate on fights where I can afford to focus my attention on it. Have I mentioned that killing spree isn't fun?

Mutilate: Has a very simple rotation, which can be somewhat boring on fights where you can stand still for long periods of time. However, this is good on fights with several things going on at once. I enjoy

Sub: Just keep this as a PvP spec.

Being able to transmogrify weapons into Warglaives
Killing spree being removed.
No stacking deadly poison.
Damage dealing poisons being removed from throwing weapons would probably be a good start for making FoK usable.
Killing spree being removed.

Fan of knives
Deadly throw
Shiv
Recuperate
Expose armor
Smoke bomb
Dismantle
Combat readiness

Apart from the first, I would consider the rest to be pvp/soloing abilities. They don't need to be used in a raid.
Edited by Thell on 9/12/2011 10:48 AM PDT
85 Dwarf Rogue
What type of content do you focus on?

Pve, with a little bit of Pvp in my free time, normally towards the end of a patch.

If PvE, what type of PvE?

Raids mostly, with soloing close to second, wish I could take Tempest Keep as a rogue >_>

If PvP, what type of PvP?

Bgs, I hate arenas, since the changes after bc.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Poisons not being spells like shaman's enhance weapons, and the fact that poison count as spell requiring spell hit cap. Also not being able to stay with a raid boss like warriors charges and feral druids charges, without having to be sub. Deadly Poison also seems to drop off my targets a lot as combat. Slow ramp up time too with all specs. Also Killing spree seems to get me killed more than anything, perhaps a return to start kinda thing needs to be added to avoid this.

Fast attacks in quick succession, stealth freedom to choose my fights. Killing spree. Restless blades, I love having my rotation affect what I can do cool down wise.

Not having three specs that preform well no matter the fight, Assassination takes the cake for being the best aoe adds killer spec, Combat takes the cake for cleave fights, and sub i don't know what there is. I would prefer each spec have the ability to preform each action no matter what the fight.
Having so many fights un-melee friendly (add switching, high movement.)
Bandit's Guile to Killing spree, the timing needs to be perfect to avoid energy capping, the lack of synergy with my cool downs, since using Adrenaline Rush with Killing spree tends to be a dps loss.
Energy Capping resulting in dps loss, wish I could use excess energy to increase damage a la Ferocious Bite.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

Rotations are fine more or less.

Shadowstep baseline for each spec, so that we may be able to keep up with our targets in pve. The return of fast offhand swords, pretty sick of daggers, and more agility swords. Maybe throw in a summon from shadows like warlocks' summoning stone. Reverting the Combat readiness nerf, I think no rogue worth their salt even has the move on their mine since cloak is oh so important. Return of the evasion tank, I would love a talent or something to reduce the diminishing returns on dodges. Fan of knives interrupt with a new twist, can only be used to interrupt every minute or even silence a la strangulate. Maybe rework Glyph of Kick to increase range since having a glyph with a penalty seems to be weeded out.

Combat Readiness is just useless being tied to a cool down with Cloak of Shadows.
Gouge is also kinda useless in a pve environment unless both blind and kick are on cool down.
Expose Armor, with so many classes bringing the armor debuff, I find myself only using this if their is a Dk tank in a heroic with no other class that can provide the debuff, and even then it is a dps loss unless the other two members are melee.
Deadly Throw, although useful if talented, no body I know actually talents it.\
Redirect is too clunky to use, maybe if it wasn't on the global cool down or i can use it along with a combo point generator, with a talent, that lets me take all the combo point from one target to another when I Mut/Sinster strike/Backstab/Hemo, basically make redirect an automatic move that allows us to switch combo points every minute or so.
Edited by Zasso on 9/12/2011 1:32 PM PDT
85 Worgen Rogue

Both

Raiding. Preparing to move into Heroic Firelands.

Arenas and starting RBG's.

I would say poisons lasting only an hour. I think a maybe giving the rogue the ability to "runeforge" poisons along with the weapon enchants would be nice.

I find everything about a rogue fun. The theory crafting, the rotations, the frantic play style, the tears from every other class wanting to be like us.

I think the limited utility we bring to the table raid wise. I understand we are pure dps, and generally perform very well as such, but we are also limited because we are melee, and bring almost no added buffs.

I love the rotation (combat).

I would like to see Bandit's Guile reworked, the current version is very frustrating and I don't see it working as it was originally intended.

I'd also love to have the Cloak of Shadows cooldown and the Combat Readiness Cooldown unshared again.

I think a rework of how Expose armor works would also be nice. Maybe find a way to add it into the combat rotation and let it refresh with eviscerate or something. This would allow rogues to be able to bring another debuff to the raid.

Rework Killing Spree to not kill me. For instance, the worm adds before Rag in Firelands, Killing Spree will drop you into the lava, but on Rag, you will KS in front of him instead. Both are not optimal, but not dying sure is better than dying. Maybe reworking Killing Spree to just be quick attacks without moving the rogues position and not allowing other combo point generating moves to be used while in use would work.

Shiv (especially if there are hunters around)
Mutilate/Envenom (never play assassination)
Expose Armor
Deadly Throw (Even in PvP I use this very little now)
Combat Readiness (Cloak is much more important)
Distract
Redirect (Cooldown too long)

85 Orc Rogue
PvE primarily, PvP on the side.

Normal 10-mans.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
BGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
I don't mind having to refresh my poisons every hour, but it is rather frustrating having to carry a stack of each poison, if not more, for the purpose of situational encounters. With having to poison 2 (3 if I do my throwing weapon) weapons every hour, my inventory space fills and empties quickly since I need to regularly replace what I've used. I would be much happier if each poison had infinite uses, at least then I can dedicate X bag slots to one item, and never have to worry about it again.

Since Poisons are not an optional reagent by any means, I believe we are the only class that has to dedicate inventory space for reagents that are used 100% of the time. It would be even better if poisons were simply part of a skill, like Death Knight's runeforging.

Pick Lock takes too long. I believe the glyph should just become baseline, since rogue minors are actually useful.

The biggest combat-mechanic "quality-of-life" issue I have involves Shadow Dance. It is a very powerful cooldown, however it is a pain to set up. The bar does not exist anywhere else except in Shadow-Dance state, meaning you only have the six or so seconds to modify the bar to your liking before you must wait another minute to get to play with it again. This makes it difficult to set up the proper abilities that require stealth in addition to the combo point dumps that will inevitably need to be used to get the most out of Shadow Step. I could always add these buttons elsewhere, but that's an unneeded hassle that only clutters my already maxed out action bars further. The solution? Allow Shadow Step to use the Stealth bar. Rogues everywhere have been asking for this for a while...

Also, for the sake of other classes, give Shadowstep some sort of effect. In PvP there is far too much to watch out for to also read all of the many buffs the rogue will have to see whether or not he has a 6 second tear-you-to-shreds buff.

I play Sub for PvP and PvE, and it is by far the most fun I've had with a rogue. I enjoy the high damage output combined with the many utilities the spec has. When played correctly (and it is the most challenging rogue spec to play properly), it is an absolute amazing experience since the challenge provides good reward!

There are only a few major complaints I have that weren't listed in the Quality-of-Life section.
With the adjustments to threat where it is no longer a real issue, Feint is no longer a threat-dump utility. Technically it is, but I ONLY use it (and I'm also very proud of myself for this), to take the reduced AoE damage. So many rogues out there get their faces ripped apart because they don't use their full arsenal. To get to the point, this is now a damage reduction ability and is extremely situational. Not only does it cost 1/5 of your total energy bar, but it is on the GCD. One of the two should be adjusted so it isn't such a high penalty to use. Off the GCD, or no energy. I may suggest upping the cooldown slightly as well so that it isn't something rogues just macro or click at the slightest hint of danger. Require thought!

Preparation is one of those big cooldowns that a class gets, and it's on the GCD. I believe that ability-refreshing cooldowns should all be off of the GCD, across all classes. Assuming it has a reasonable cooldown, of course.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
As a sub rogue in both PvP and PvE, I feel as though the rogues are at a very fun spot. Their rotation involves micromanaging several buffs, and squeezing in as much DPS as possible when everything is active. It requires the most skill to pump out good damage than either of the other 2 rogue specs, making it a challenge that can be extremely rewarding when properly played.

There isn't much new or exciting I could ask for rogues. Having played every class at end-game, they are among one of my favorites and everything about them just feels like it played great.

Distract, Deadly Throw, Expose Armor, Shiv, Dismantle are the big ones. The issue with this question and rogues is simply that they are full of utility abilities that are highly situational. Most of their abilities are rarely used, and those who focus solely on their DPS use even less.

Distract I feel could get some good use out of PvP. It should definitely function in-combat, making the players turn wherever the rock landed. It can be extremely useful against casters and, in some cases, melee.
90 Night Elf Rogue
PvE

Heroics, some Raiding

N/a

Poisons being on the Spell hit table.

Stealth

Class feels slow when overkill isn't up

Sub has a lot of management for lackluster results, Assassination has a lot of results for not much work.

Unlink the Cloak/Readiness Shared Cooldown

Sinister Strike, Combat Readiness
85 Gnome Rogue
PVE

Raids primarily, Heroics.

None

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo
could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Abilties not doing what they say they do.

Having the abilties given to me function as they are supposed to.

Having the abilties given to me not function as they are supposed to

Rotations are fine, no issues

To have some of my key abilties actually do what they say they do all of the time. Too many raid encounters ignore my abilities with cooldowns.. example :Cloak of shadows is 100% resist, except in raids, where 100% is not 100%. in fact its nothing at all, too many encounters are coded to bypass and ignore cloak altogethor, why give it to me if it doesnt work when i need it to.

Redirect (not even on my hot bar, see not point in it)
Shiv (rarely use, poison app rate is sufficient, and removing enrage is rare)
Blind (dont pvp, and rarely need to cc)
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics/Raids

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas+BGs

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Unlike alot of people, I actually enjoy not having to make my poisons. I also like that they scale now. I don't like having so many inventory spaces devoted to poisons though.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
The amount of control the class has.
# What makes playing your class less fun?
Having such pathetic damage outside of shadow dance (Sub pvp).
# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Assassination is fairly smooth, though it would be nice to have a reactive ability like warrior's taste for blood overpower so I don't fall asleep while doing the rotation. Also, the ramp up time created by deadly poison+combo points make target switching painful. Make redirect transfer deadly poison charges maybe?
# What’s on your wish list for your class?
Gouge in the first tier of the combat tree. More damage outside of dance, less in it. Lower the energy cost of shiv. Oh, and swirly ball.
# What spells do you use the least?
Sinister strike since I'm not combat. And its unfortunate I don't get as much use as I would like out of deadly throw since even in the situations it should be used, its relatively worthless outside of 1vs1.
Edited by Ithal on 9/12/2011 11:08 AM PDT
85 Human Rogue
What type of content do you focus on? PVP

If PvP, what type of PvP? Rated BG's

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? I have to operate within my cool-downs a lot of times

What makes playing your class more fun? stealth, vanish, fan of knives, slowing opponents

What makes playing your class less fun? vulnerability to multiple ranged characters attacking you simultaneously

How do you feel about your “rotation”? it's fun, though it's a bit static. I don't apply a reduce armor debuff, but perhaps if there was damage associated with it, I would. There are really not many decisions other than either to build up to a stun or just rip someone up.

What’s on your wish list for your class? I would like more visuals associated with the rogues. Like a tumble... sort of like heroic leap... that i can use against a ranged class. I love the visual that goes with kick. I'd like to see more signature physical moves for the rogue. Casters get nice visuals when casting spells. Maybe a flip where you land behind your opponent... with similar results as Shadow Step. Maybe once and awhile a parry leans you back with both weapons crossed in front of your chest, deflecting the enemy's attack. Maybe a back flip that gives you an increased chance to dodge the next player's attack

What spells do you use the least? Backstab, Gouge, Redirect; I don't use these at all: Throw, Expose Armor, Eviscerate, Sinister Strike, Disarm Trap, Distract, Pick Pocket, Shiv
85 Undead Rogue

PvE

Raids, dungeons, dailies

More utility cool downs. Tricks of the trade is good. It would be nice if we could give more passive raid buffs from our PvE specs. Maybe some lee-way for expertise since it seems a lot of boss fights now force rogues to be up front as well.

The rotations, the fast pace combat. All the stealth and speeds abilities we have.

Slow Energy regeneration. "Nerfed" Stun locking. I honestly miss being able to have a full set of stuns available when farming. I wouldn't mind so much if the diminishing returns to it were still in place for pvp fairness, but maybe have them removed on NPC targets.

I also miss hunger for blood. I found it a bit more fun to keep that up versus Vendetta.

Back in Wrath we had a talent that would give us 1 energy on x-percent chance of every auto-attack..it would be nice to have that back to help with the slow energy build.

The Assassination one is pretty spot on. There could be some tweaks to the venomous wounds debuff to make it last a little longer, and give a small dps increase so we don't have to worry so much about clipping it

As far as abilities go, maybe some more utility cooldowns

Shiv, Deadly Throw, Combat readiness, I don't think i have every used expose armor
90 Worgen Rogue
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Target swapping and ramp up time - possibly re-balancing deadly poison to 3 stacks instead of 5 could make this easier? Also, as assassination crit as a stat is exceptionally far beneath mastery/haste - possibly a nerf somewhere (maybe poison dmg?) followed by allowing rogues 200% spell crit would bring this in line with the other stats!

What makes playing your class more fun? proper CD management

What makes playing your class less fun? The large discrepancy between mastery/haste and crit as assassination - along with our poor target swapping.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Combat doesn't have enough going on and it tends to bore me, assassination is fun - and sub is AMAZING, however sub isn't quite in the place it should be to be optimal for raiding.

What’s on your wish list for your class? 200% spell crit, sub spec optimal for raiding!

What spells do you use the least? gouge and shiv
85 Night Elf Rogue
Both

-All of the above

-Arenas

-Poisons are an annoyance. Not so much as the hour duration, but of the course of the 4 years I've been playing the game, while cheap, I've probably pumped a ton of money into them. I would love to see a system for poisons similar to the weapon enhancements for a shaman. This way even if you knock the duration down, the reapplying them is just a click away.

-The overlooking of many players to see the usefulness rogues can have in some PvE situations, for example, The Beam boss in Blackrock. While most classes stand until 70-80 stacks and then move a rogue can take up to 90, cloak, an then take up to 70-80 which is very useful.

-The sometimes lack of usefulness a rogue brings to a raid. While other classes have their buffs for the raid, the rogue, unless having maxed out cooking, brings nothing in terms of usefulness to the raid group.

-I like the Assassination PvE rotation very much. It's fast, fun, and overall just a blast to play

-Some type of raid buff, More useful cooldowns. Vendetta and Vanish are Cooldowns that are very useful and fun to use, while Cold Blood just does not seem that useful at all.

-Pickpocket, Smokebomb being mostly a PvEr, Sinister Strike being Assassination, Ambush being a PvEr.
Mostly PvP, a little PvE.

Heroics for rep, Baradin Hold for PvP gear drops.

Arenas and BGs currently. Rated BGs if I can find a group.

I would like to not have to buy poisons anymore. I mean, it's mostly an inconvenience now, when you run out of poisons having to go to buy more. I would like it if poisons were made into like a profession interface, similar to DKs runeforging.

Also, I would like for companion pets to either go away or stealth with you when you go into stealth, and be resummoned automatically when you get out of stealth. Right now I just never use companion pets with my rogue because of this.

Burst damage, stunlocking players...I don't know? =P

Can't think of anything at the moment.

I can't think of anything to comment about the rotation at the moment.

Shadowstep as a base skill.

Disarm Trap, Pick Pocket, Gouge, Shiv
Edited by Grollo on 9/12/2011 11:27 AM PDT
85 Worgen Rogue

Both, but more focused on PVE

Raids

More RBGs than Arenas presently

It is great how we no longer require tools or reagents to do anything, as with any class. however, we still do require poisons, which are tedious and annoying. if poisons were something like a DKs runeforging (but did not count as an enchant) it would be nice. For instance, you can still buy the poison, but there would be an unlimited duration on that poison until you decide you want to replace that poison with another.

Being looked at as a threat in PvP and PvE. Right now rogues in PvP aren't bad, but our only good damage is when we are sub and find weakness is up, we are a joke in all other cases. only reason we are really brought for RBGs and arena is our smoke bomb. Warriors, ret pallies, and frost DKs faceroll other classes with big hits and crits, cooldowns.

PvE we are pretty well off, we still do a good amount of dps, but we have no procs. blizzard said that they didnt want rogues dps to come from auto attack before cata came out. a combat rogues #1 dmg ability is still auto attack, by far. i could be wrong but i think every spec of every other class has a proc in their rotation. whether it be a prot pallies reset on their avengers shield CD, an ele shamans lava burst, etc. i think giving rogues some kind of talent proc would make our pve dps more interesting. all we have is the proc to add additional combo pts to our target.

not having ability procs, and a combat rogue's Killing spree really needs to get fixed for fights like rag, al'akir, etc.

our rotation is one of the simplest, but that is not a complaint, because all classes have a pretty simple rotation. i dont find anything wrong with our rotation, but with every patch rupture gets less and less useful as combat. just like it did in wotlk.

fix killing spree
give rogues some kind of spell proc
buff rupture

rupture
expose armor

85 Human Rogue

PvE, Heroic Dungeons and Raids. Sometimes PvP

Battlegrounds mostly.

How about making it so that poisons no longer take up bag space, or have to be bought anymore? Kind of make it like a Death Knight's runeforging where you apply it once and its there, and it is class specific.

I love the Stealth aspect, and the fact that a rogue's rotation seems to be very face paced.

The fact that my bleeds do horrible damage, That hybrid classes out do a pure dps class, the fact that a Druid's feral form is basically a combat rogue with fur and can do more damage with its intial hit with mangle with the entire duration of rupture.

I like the rotation, it's simple and fast paced, but other finish moves then envenom could use a buff.

I would love rupture to do more then 500 damage a tick on a boss with millions and millions of heatlh. I love to have a few more cool moves like shadow step or killing spree.

Expose Armor, Smoke bomb, Disarm Trap, and Combat Readiness
Edited by Rogaré on 9/12/2011 10:57 AM PDT
85 Human Rogue
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
-Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
-Heroics and Dailies

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
-BGs (no stable arena partner)

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
-Poisons taking dura-loss dumps from weapons. Having to Glyph Sap to make it a "viable" CC (especially since we can't vanish and recast it after the pulls been done since the mobs in combat).

■What makes playing your class more fun?
-Stealth! It can be clunky (needing to be in stealth to do an opener so a fight doesn't take a minute) but it's still a blast. I also LOVE being able to pick pocket, it seems minor I'm sure but I've always liked it. Even back when you had to lvl up your lock picking I had fun doing that since I got to go out and pick more pockets! I actually play the class for the Sub tree, I've tried Assasination and Combat (have a Combat spec for soloing old raids), but they're just not as fun. Not to mention that Sub feels like I'm doing dmg where as when I go Combat it feels like I'm doing no dmg at all. But yeah... Sub is what makes the class fun at least for me. I love being a speedy tricky Rogue!

■What makes playing your class less fun?
-Stealth... It's broken in PVP no matter what you guys say. Having people see you from 40 yards out is bogus. Combat Readiness and Cloak of Shadows sharing a CD. Getting stuck fighting the front of a mob and doing no dmg (as Sub).

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
-Since I basiclly exclusivly play Sub I haven't had any problems with the rotation.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
-A talent that lets you use Backstab from the front of your target for Sub Rogues. It's our "main" ability and we can't even use it half of the time or when soloing if KS is on CD.

■What spells do you use the least?
-Expose Armor is probably the only ability I never use.
Edited by Talia on 9/12/2011 5:16 PM PDT
80 Troll Death Knight
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE.
  • If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Casual levels of nonheroic current raids. Heroic dungeons. Interesting quest lines and leveling, at times.
  • What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Not a ton of quality of life issues on a Rogue. I guess if I had to pick something, I'd say that with poisons scaling with level and costing mere copper, it feels like they might as well be a skill rather than a reagent that you have to go out and buy.
  • What makes playing your class more fun?
One of the things I honestly like about being a Rogue is not being cooldown-locked, by which I mean that you have time to think and pool energy between attacks and you don't always lose overall DPS by not using abilities back-to-back-to-back (as long as your energy doesn't cap and your buffs don't fall off). I like that I have time to look over the battlefield as I'm playing a rogue because of these little breaks, as opposed to being locked onto watching my resource/buff bar.
  • What makes playing your class less fun?
In contrast to the above, in certain specs and at certain times, there are occasionally times where I DO have to watch my energy/buff durations/CPs closely as I pool energy or wait for just the right time to refresh a buff/envenom/etc. I don't like taking my eyes off the battlefield too much, and though Rogue may be one of the best classes for it, there are still times where you have to.

I hate Shadow Dance in particular because of this. You have to pool energy before you use it, and your cooldowns/buff timings/energy regen rate/etc. are so close that you have to keep a close eye on it while it's up- and if you stumble out of position because of the focus on the UI rather than your positioning, or because the boss moved or something, you probably lost a very important fraction of a second to repositioning and will get one less ambush out of Shadow Dance.

Subtlety in general has this problem, I feel. Or, at least it did at the launch of Cata- I haven't tried it much since then. I feel like Sub just has too many buff/debuff durations to watch.
  • How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I'm pretty much fine with Assassination's rotation, though I suppose I have a little gripe in that it just feels like Rogue rotations have been some of the most static ones for a long, long time. I played Assassination in BC and I can't really recall it feeling much different than it does right now.

I'm not a big fan of Subtlety's rotation, as I mentioned above. There's just a lot to keep track of.
  • What’s on your wish list for your class?
I'd like to see stealth incorporated into active combat a little bit more, even if it is just in the Subtlety spec. Subtlety always felt like the stealth/opener focused tree to me, and the new finisher-oriented stuff in Cata just seemed... off. I know in-combat stealth is tricky, especially when it comes to keeping PVP balanced, but I'd love if there was a way the design team could implement the feeling of being stealthy into combat as Sub spec. Shadow dance and the occasional vanish just doesn't seem to cut it for me.

Back in the Cata beta days, I was always a proponent of Shadow Dance somehow causing temporary combat stealth, though I don't remember exactly how my proposal went anymore... I think it was something like "Shadow Dance is a passive talent that causes your Shadowstep to make you enter stealth for a maximum of 4 seconds on use", with the hope that a limit of 4 seconds wouldn't be enough time to let you drop combat and use real stealth, so you couldn't use Shadowstep as an escape/vanish mechanism. Also, it probably would trigger the stealth cooldown upon dropping the temp stealth, so that wouldn't be an option regardless.

I'd also like to see Slice and Dice not be such a core, necessary move (at least, not for every single spec. I'm fine with it in one or two.), and to see at least one spec use mostly active damage-causing finishers. Shifting the damage away from passive/autoattack bonuses (Slice and Dice, Poison procs) to active, directly-caused damage (More rupture/envenom/eviscerate/CP Builders) would be a nice thing to see.
  • What spells do you use the least?
In PVE? Probably Stealth (see above), Expose Armor, and Shiv (aside from enrage, which I guess is enough). Plus some of the PVP oriented stuff like Gouge/Smoke Bomb.
90 Goblin Rogue
PvE primarily
PvP as a hobby

Raids, not a fan of pugging

Bg's primarily, don't like how rogues went from an assassin to combat support, don't like arena's or rated bg's(arena part 2)

Ramp up time for assassin rogues is atrocious, pair that with constant target switches and various boss mechanics that take me off a target that eventually have myself drop buffs and my target debuffs, its just too much. Vendetta is a great ability to an extent, you can't carry that with you though, and i try to use it where i can get it's full duration off, but more often then not, i cannot sit on a target for that long without fulfilling other duties.

PvE wise, overall performing high enough to be compensate for others faults and being recognized for it, not so much as outdoing others, but being able to contribute their fair share and more, in wrath i was praised by tanks while i was there, they would not have to worry about aggro as much and could focus more on the matters at hand or coming up. This does not mean I only use ToTT on the tanks, I'm just very observant of Omen when the tanks could use a hand.

PvP wise, I just liked having that assassin atmosphere

PvE wise, just not being able to perform as well as i could, major concern, ramp up times and target switches and other mechanics that keep me on the sidelines or out of the fight.

pvp wise, rogues are slowly using that assassin feel and becoming more of an opportunistic trickster, not so much as using their abilities to give them an advantage, but more of using their abilities to give another person the tools to succeed. This doesn't mean rogue's aren't deadly.

Lackluster abilities, rupture is poor, eviscerate is poor, these are finishers, yet they do not present a threat really at all to the person they are used on, to them, its just another normal attack to them

-Assassination rotation is fine

-Combat rotation is fine

-Sub rotation is a nightmare, too much to keep up and not enough time to keep them up.

Deadly throw being useful, being more mobile, roots and slows are our weakness and other classes know this, they abuse the amount they can dish out.

shiv, combat readiness, deadly throw, (pvp) rupture

may delete and repost later when i can think of more things, i have class in a bit
90 Human Rogue
I do a bit of both, though I'm currently only really doing PVE on the Rogue lately.

Heroics, regular 10 mans, and solo farming old content.

I was running arenas until my partner stopped playing, and then random battlegrounds before focusing on my Shaman for PVP.

My only concern is still having to carry around stacks of poisons.

In PVP, it's definitely the feeling of being a sneaky b%*&!#$, and plotting the end of some poor soul that falls into my traps.

In PVE, I'd say it's gotta be the faster playstyle.

Lack of utility, and that I bring nothing to a raid other than my own DPS, and the rare sap/blind/interrupt. My finishers feel rather weak. Being stuck with a Dagger in my OH, regardless of spec.

I quite like the rotation for Assassination, but I feel Combat is quite lacking. If your group has somebody to apply a trauma type debuff, it can feel fun, but without it, throwing up Rupture isn't even worth it, which in turn oversimplifies Combat to a 3 button faceroll arcane mage rotation.

Make Rupture worth using even without a trauma debuff.
Make finishers feel like finishers rather than another ability. Even if this means moving some damage from other abilities.
Make poisons work like weapon imbues.
Something other than just Daggers for the OH!

Shiv (has some niche uses)
Expose Armor (not even on my bars)
Distract
Deadly Throw (only ever used it for PVP, and rarely at that)
Combat Readiness
Pickpocket
PvP

All three pretty often but arena for the majority.

I've been playing rogue since 3.1 and the only "viable" spec to arena with uses daggers, its been this way ever since I started. I want to be able to use swords or maces in pvp without being handicapped.

The ability to escape from 10 people, the general archetype for rogue, being able to sneak around without being noticed.

faerie fire last too long, being hit by death knights for 40k death strike with 3600 resilience.

Swords

Combat Readiness. Cloak to vanish so often.
Edited by Sageathorr on 9/12/2011 11:04 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]