Class Feedback – Rogue

(Locked)

83 Blood Elf Rogue
Okay, so I know I'm not an 85, but I feel compelled to give some feedback too.
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Mostly PvP
■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] At this level, just dungeons although I would like to attempt a BT raid to get the Twin Blades of Azzinoth
■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] BG's
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. I dislike the fact that I'm almost always running out of energy at the wrong moment.
■What makes playing your class more fun? 1-3 shotting Alliance in BG's hehe :)
■What makes playing your class less fun? Being energy starved, not having much use in a raid or instance.
■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) My rotation is amazing imo. Down players and NPC's fairly quickly but since it's all burst damage: not good for a drawn out fight.
■What’s on your wish list for your class? Something to feel a little bit more useful in PvE...cc isn't much fun :(
■What spells do you use the least?
Feint definitely since it doesn't have any effect in BG's and is virtually useless in PvE.
I don't use Gouge in PvE just because I usually have no threat anyways so I can just walk around if I have to get away.
Distract never served much use to me.
85 Worgen Rogue
-What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE only

-If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids only

-If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
N/A

-What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Poison buffs on weapons. It's not fun having to reapply them and it's not fun having the buff wear off mid fight and having to re-apply mid fight.

-What makes playing your class more fun?
I enjoy being a melee class up close and doing large amounts of damage.

-What makes playing your class less fun?
Melee are less wanted in raids because of clumping up issues and standing in cleaves or AE effects.
-How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Assassination rotation is fine
Combat rotation fine
Subtlety rotation is terrible, there is very little room for error and any error causes a large drop in dps. Errors can be human error or having to move to avoid something and not being able to continue rotation due to being out of range.

-What’s on your wish list for your class?
More positional attacks ie. attacking from sides.
Combo points being tied to rogue rather than rogue's target.
Combat has major problems with capping energy. I would like to see a system where we can choose to lower our energy regen and increase our melee damage.
New combat attacks.
Make the rogue class more of a dps oriented class. Remove the 8% spell damage buff, the 4% melee dmg buff and the 5% crit buffs that rogues can bring to a raid and allow us to do higher dps.

-What spells do you use the least?
Expose Armor
Deadly Throw
Shiv
Smoke Bomb
Combat Readiness
90 Night Elf Rogue
content: PVE (heroics, raids, questing for loremaster), less PVP (bg)

quality of life issues: poisons are not a big deal. In 2 years of playing, I have not had poisons on during a boss fight maybe twice. They require minimal bag space. If anything, I would like to have more poison options and have to make them. If you do get rid of them (which will probably happen based off this thread), please add poison quests for learning them. Make dual talent more like equipment manager (multiple specs), and have an option to save reforging/gemming in something like equipment manager. (I'd like to mess around with some combat again, but I would have to reforge/regem away from mastery and hit to expertise and haste. Let me set my one set of pve gear up that way and save it so i can swap). But maybe that would be to op for hybrid classes (maybe a pure class perk?)

what makes rogues fun: being sneaky and having escape options. many options for cc. lockboxes and pick lock. tricks mobs to a friend for laughs.

what makes rogues un fun: positional requirements blow sometimes (sub pvp), but its not that bad. One shotting people at lower levels in bgs is not cool, pls fix.

rotation: I play assassination. I actually really like the small pauses while pooling some energy. They give me time to do other things like look around, see how everyones doing, decide what needs to happen next, call out stuff on vent, throw in a feint, etc. I guess the ramp up doesn't bother me much either, maybe because my alt is an aff warlock which also takes some time to get everything up.

wish list: I saw someone mentioned a pick pocket daily, and that sounds really awesome. I like getting the rogue potions from pick pocket, but it might be nice to be able to get items based on what professions you have...like a chance at a gem or a bundle of herbs in my case. I'd also like a transmog set (even for every class) that looks like the essence of that class. For rogues: black clothes, black leather armor, simple looking bladed weapons, no gigantic glowing shoulders or stupid looking helms...I'd want it to look sleek and sexy :D. I also think a rogue mastery raid buff would be pretty cool. A rogue hangout (with rogue ports) at ravenholdt manor would be pretty win too. Get rid of throw and just have deadly throw on a cooldown with no combo point cost. I'd like shadowmeld to give the overkill buff too (and even the sub stealth buff). Glowing icons around enrages (like mages get for counterspell) would be nice. Smoke bomb as a raid damage reduction cd (pve).

spells least used: pve: throw, deadly throw....I actually really like all the options rogues have with abilities, and while I don't use all of them all of the time, they do get pulled out when the occasion calls. I used to make sure the expose armor debuff was up when I was combat in wotlk, but I haven't used it since cata came out.
Edited by Mevae on 9/17/2011 1:19 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Rogue
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]:

Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]:

Heroics/Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]:

BGs/Arenas

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

• Poisons

• - Stacking (Bags): Amount per stack should be 100. I do not mind carrying them, but please let me only have 1 stack per type of poison.
    - Duration: One hour duration could use an increase, perhaps two hours.

What makes playing your class more fun?

Stealth, controlling enemies, fluid combat.

What makes playing your class less fun?

Target Switching (PvE) - For all specs, switching targets, especially often, is not fun at all. Having to generate completely new combo points, restack poisons, and apply any other debuffs to the target is not fun. This is especially apparent in Heroics, many of which require DPS to be on "add duty". Rogue DPS suffers quite a bit from having to swap off of a boss to kill an add. It also does not feel rewarding to do so.

Mobility Issues (PvP) - Assassination and Combat suffer from high mobility issues in organized PvP. Even with talents such as Improved Sprint, the amount of snares and roots in the game keeps a Rogue from having good uptime on a target. Being kited is not fun and does not feel rewarding.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

Assassination - Slightly Complex. Because Mutilate can generate a different amount of combo points from Seal Fate, you can never know exactly how many points you will end up with. This wouldn't be a problem, but when you have 2 combo points, then Mutilate for another 2 combo points, it doesn't feel rewarding to waste a Mutilate on one more combo point. Because it is a DPS loss to Mutilate for the last combo point instead of using a 4 point Envenom, the design seems flawed. Having a mixed rotation is nice, but I should not have to glue my eyes to the combo point bar. Having the combo points that would have been wasted from a Mutilate roll over after the Envenom would feel more fluid and rewarding.

Combat - Simple. While the rotation for Combat is simple, it is not fun. As someone who's played Combat since 2005, the rotation has not changed much, with the exception of Revealing Strike. Bandit's Guile makes target swapping feel unrewarding. Redirect is not available as often as I'd like it to be, even with Restless Blades. Having a rotation based on RNG (Glyph of Sinister Strike) is not appealing. Only using Revealing Strike if you're at 4 combo points is not fun either. Suggestion is to change Revealing Strike entirely. Allow it to only be used after a Sinister Strike, do more damage, and apply a stacking armor debuff. Remove Expose Armor completely. This way the rotation go from mashing Sinister Strike to trading off between both attacks. The stacking armor debuff would be a nice addition to the class.

Subtlety - Very Complex. Keeping Slice and Dice and Recuperate up while trying to maintain Eviscerates to refresh Rupture is not fun. The rotation feels like a juggling act. In raids, this isn't as bad since Honor Among Thieves provides a healthy amount of extra combo points. In Heroics and PvP, it's very difficult to do all of this. Subtlety also suffers the most from having to target swap, since you have to get a brand new Rupture up while maintaining your other buffs.

(cont)
    Edited by Dinin on 9/17/2011 2:37 PM PDT
    90 Night Elf Rogue
    (cont)

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Combo Points

- Number of maximum combo points changed to 4. This would make all specs feel a little more fluid, allows for more breathing room in maintaining buffs like Slice and Dice and Recuperate, and makes target switching less of a pain. (Try it in your head...1 2 3 4 *SMASH*)
    - Combo points allowed on more than one target at a time. It would be extremely fun, and rewarding, for encounters where multiple NPCs need to die at the same time. Being able to quickly swap targets and stack up your combo points on each one feels much more rewarding than having to back off on your DPS because your NPC is dying too fast.

Energy

- Rogue's need more ways to generate Energy. There are many times in both PvP and PvE where I feel energy starved or am just shy on enough energy to interrupt an ability. Combat Potency is a great talent for Combat to increase their generation. I would consider making this a baseline passive, though changing it to be Proc Per Minute based.

Off-hand Weapons (Combat)

- From 2005-2010 I enjoyed being able to use two swords/maces/axes for my Combat spec. I enjoyed having the cosmetic distinction between the other specs. Having a big sword in one hand with a little dagger in the other feels off for the class. Please consider adding more fast Agility off-hands (1.4 speed) OR make Combat Potency Proc Per Minute so that I can use slow weapons in both hands.

Killing Spree

- This ability causes a lot of problems, like trying to use it on Magmaw and falling into the lava, etc. I think it would be interesting to make it like the Stoneclaw Flayers in The Stonecore when they use their Flay ability. Have it root you in place and do a cone of slashes in front of you for a 2 second duration. This rewards players for lining up multiple mobs in the cone, and provides synergy by allowing players to Kidney Shot the target prior to using it so they can ensure the target takes full damage.

What spells do you use the least?

Expose Armor - Waste of Combo Points when other classes can apply this for a lower DPS loss.

Shiv - Only using to remove Enrages makes me feel like I waste a keybind.

Deadly Throw - Used to use it all the time in PvP for interrupts. Combat is not viable for PvP otherwise I might still use it.
    90 Human Rogue
    im sorry i dont feel like doing it in the format the everyone else is doing i think ill adress things wrong with my favorite class :D . i find to be energy starved all the time 10 energy a second sounds nice but it isnt enough it seems to be drain for no reason 15 would be nice. i find that -10% healing isnt enough in pvp all the healers are way to powerful now pallys seem to have all instant casts now? shamans and disc preists never run out of mana? i think 25% would be nice i think combat readiness and cloak on a shared CD is unessesary but thats about all the rest is really nice i like what you did, i do miss using big intimadating swords and axes:( thanks :D
    90 Human Rogue
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    Both
    ■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raids, heroics if bored.
    ■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Arena, BGs, have tried RBG's.
    ■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Deadly Poison - Currently it has a chance to apply and at 5 stacks every new application autimaticaly triggers MH proc. This makes switching targets much more of a dps loss then other classes have to put up with.What it should do, is have a 100% chance to apply, but then at 5 stacks have a chance to proc MH weapon. Swap the roles around so it gives faster ramp up time and equal single target dps.

Killing Spree -Remove its AoE, make it single target. There are too many fights that we cant use it on because it of the movement. Make it not move your location to your target but still lock out other skills while its going on. Lower its CD. Rename it to Blade Flurry :D

Bandit's Guile -10 / 20 / 30 just doesnt cut it. Making it fall off when we change targets makes us terrible in switching targets. Makes damage in heroics and on trash mobs / heroic dungeons pathetic. having just 2 phases with 15 / 25 or just 1 phase with 20 would be much more reasonable. either way switching targets should not reset it.Blade Flurry-Remove. Basing AoE damage off of this is unrealistic because the very few amount of boss fights that require cleave and if used in heroic dungeons it will make you pull aggro and cant really be used at all. not to mention breaking CC.A mix between a slight buff to FoK damage with Ambidexterity and the deadly poison change I mentioned previously would make combat rogues be able to do decent AoE.

Sinister Strike / Adrenaline Rush -Everyone knows that when you pop AR you have to mash buttons as fast as you can (or bind sinister strike to your mouse wheel) in order to not energy cap. After several wipes on progression bosses, my fingers are sore when playing combat, only class/spec that happened before. On the Improved Sinister Strike talent, remove/lower the energy reduction and increase the damage of sinister strike.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    PvP - surprise

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    Spamming buttons like mad trying to not energy cap to keep dps up, and having sore fingers after.
    ■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    You have to spam Sinister Strike WAY too much.
    ■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    See "biggest quality-of-life issues"

■What spells do you use the least?
    Combat Readiness, because it shares a CD with Cloak of Shadows
    Expose Armor, because warriors / druids give the same debuff for cheaper
    Deadly Throw, because its pretty much useless.
    Edited by Suikotsu on 9/17/2011 4:36 PM PDT
    100 Pandaren Rogue
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroic raids.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

None

I love the little things rogues can do to eek out as much damage and utility as possible, in the right hands and the right situation, few classes can have as much control. The fairly high skill cap also does a very good job of separating the good from the very skilled in PvE and PvP.

Combat's ramp-up time, it really is an issue on any fight with a target switch that happens more often than redirect is available. Without redirect, you're losing
    - 10 seconds of 5 stack deadly poison ticks.
    - 5 applications of instant poison when you're re-stacking DP on the new target.
    - Combo points, without redirect these should go into refreshing slice and dice, but it still does lose effective damage.
    On top of all of the above, you can lose up to 30% damage just from bandits guile.

Even in the bast case scenario, with bandit's guile, you're still losing a large chunk of damage from poisons. It's a bit much, combat's ramp up time is by far the slowest for all rogue specs.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I have several top 100 WoL parses for each spec, so I feel that I know them all fairly well.
    I love the rotation for both assassination and subtlety, although for all specs I do feel like the cooldown on redirect is too high.

I like combat a lot, the rotation is simple enough but with enough nuances that really separate the good rogues from the exceptional ones. There are a few things that I feel could be improved to make it feel less clunky.

Adrenaline Rush is a great cooldown, however because of how combat stacks haste, energy capping is impossible to avoid. In theory as long as you're using a damage ability every GCD you're not losing anything from energy capping, however energy is still being wasted every time you use your best ability. With rising levels of mastery, haste and hit, all of which increase energy gain, this problem will only get worse. Also during AR rogues are severly punished for using any of their utility, such as tricks to another dps and feint to reduce damage; using any ability that does not cost energy will waste energy..

Killing Spree has had issues since its introduction a few years ago, almost all of the time you can work around them, but there are way too many fights where killing spree is a hindrance and really needs to be planned and micromanaged. It really has many nasty tendencies, just to name an examples, on heroic Beth'tilac it can easily get you killed by porting you too close to a tank, so that you take damage from their widow's kiss. Most of the time, these situations can be avoided but it is a bit of a nuisance to need to plan raid positioning based on this ability.
    On top of all of this, the fact that it jumps to another enemy if it is in range seems counter productive, since you only have bandit's guile stacked on your current target, every jump off of this target only losses you damage from both bandit's guile and poison applications.

Adrenaline Rush, Feint, Tricks of the Trade, and Redirect taken off of the GCD.

To avoid energy capping issues during Adrenaline Rush, increase both the energy cost and damage of Sinister Strike, Revealing Strike, Rupture, and Eviscerate while Adrenaline Rush is active.
    Note: I do not think AR would be made overly powerful this way, I think it could be balanced so that has the same amount of damage increase that you SHOULD get if you were able to use all of your energy during AR.

Make Combat Readiness equal to cloak. As in, make it viable to use in any situation, as it is currently, its just a button that gives you a fun visual effect in exchange for putting a useful ability on cooldown.. I don't know the best way to go about it, possibly remove the ramp up time?

Rupture should do noticeably more damage than eviscerate. At the moment, the main reason rogues use it is for the lower energy cost. Completely ignoring one of our main finishers only costs the rogue a couple hundred dps.

Bandit's Guile should be stacked on the rogue. It is simply too much of a damage loss if Redirect is on cooldown. I like the part of bandit's guile where you do increasing damage, it makes timing cooldowns more important. However as it currently works it severely limits rogues target changing abilities.

Combat Readiness
    90 Undead Rogue

PVP, and PVE for Gold

Heroics for gold.

Arena, BG, and soon to be Rated BG

Assassin not receiving anything but nerfs to their mobility (CoS / combat readiness/ Preparation) and combat not being viable in PVP.

When I feel like I have to actively press buttons. CD abilities are lame. I would rather have in Assassin and Combat trees abilities that take off something specific. Like Combat and Assassin would have anti snare abilities that removes snares for energy. It could have a short CD, but it is much more active than Cloak of Shadows which just removes everything. This makes the class more fun, long 2-5min CDs are boring.

CDs, period.

I like it, I just feel Subtley has too complicated of a rotation.

More mobility for Combat and Assassin and more of a distinction between Subtley, Assassin, and Combat trees. They all feel the same, except subtley has shadowstep and can ambush a lot and can reset CDs more than the other classes.

Combat Readiness, Smoke Bomb, Evasion.
    Edited by Deadoutlaw on 9/17/2011 5:17 PM PDT
    85 Troll Rogue
    PVE

]If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raids, Heroics

BGs

Cos and CR on the same cooldown was a bad idea. I miss fist weps. Rogues don't bring much besides DPS to a raid.

Stealth and ambushing people.

Knowing that hybrid DPS classes can output competitive DPS while having a larger toolkit and bringing more utility to a raid.

Mutilate is the most fun and reliable. It has a good feel and flow. Combat is ok, but energy caps out during AR. RS and Bandit's Guile are clunky mechanics. I can't even tell where I am in Bandit's Guile without a Power Aura setup. Combat's mastery rating sucks. Subtlety is way too complicated.

1. Improve mastery for Sub and Combat trees.
    2. Introduce roguish fist weapons and fast offhand swords. Iblis, Blade of the Fallen Serpah anyone?
    3. Provide rogues with a raid buff utility. I'm thinking a poison cauldron that all melee dps could dip their weapons in for reduced versions of our IP and DP. Rogues, however, would get the full version. The poison would maintain a 1 hour CD, and so would the cauldron ability.
    4. Remove the shared cooldown from CoS and CR, but keep them off the GCD.
    5. Faction Thieves' Guilds. Rogues join and get a quest once a month or so, by mail, to steal from the opposite factions capitol city. Items rewarded could be things like Thistle Tea, health pots, or DPS pots.
    6. An ability in the Combat Tree that activates at 90-100 energy that does decent damage when cast. Basically an energy dump to avoid capping. No CD.
    7. An ability deep in the Subtlety Tree that provides complete Stealth so that even mobs that usually see stealth are fooled. Long cooldown, short duration.
    8. Smoke Bombs that work everytime.
    9.Remove the penalty from Glyph of Kick.
    10. Provide more fun minor glyphs.
    11. Bake Mind-Numbing Poison into a PvP ability.
    12. Friendly Shadowsteps.
    13. Better target swap mechanics.
    14. Killing Spree should always be safe to use. Though it was eventually fixed, Magmaw was an unpleasant surprise.

Disarm trap, Deadly Throw, Gouge, Expose Armor
    Edited by Silverarm on 9/17/2011 7:24 PM PDT
    90 Undead Rogue
    # What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both
    PVp

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Arenas/RBGs

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

The biggest quality-of-life-issue for PVP rogues is that if i cast vanish when feral fire is on me, vanish goes onto cooldown. I think it would be more fair if it simply stopped us from casting vanish so we don't waste our cooldowns.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

Being able to completely control the fight is no doubt the most fun about being rogue. You almost always dictate when the fight begins, and you can usually choose when the fight ends (assuming you are losing) by vanishing.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

Feral druids can completely ruin a rogues day. They are by design, rogues worst fear. Their opening hits deal roughly the same damage as ours, they have feral fire (which stops us stealthing), high DoT bleeds, and amazing pop damage. If a feral opens on a rogue, the rogue will almost always lose. I understand that every class should have a natural enemy, but i think rogues should at least have a chance at defending themselves against a feral druid.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I love rogue rotation for PVP. One of the best things about rogue is the rotation.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

I would like to have an ability to dispel bleeds, or a kickback ability like shamans and druids to make space.

# What spells do you use the least?

I have never used expose armor since level 75 or so.
    Shiv - I know i should use this more for warriors (for the rage removing effect), but I have always found a better ability to use, or a different way to fight the warrior other than dispelling their berserker effects. (stunning/disarming ext...)
    85 Night Elf Rogue

PvP with some PvE on the side (70% - 30% would be a good approximation)

I like the story and the lore of WoW and developing my character (and not her gear!) Therefore I prefer quests and things that improve my character on her professions (gathering materials, hunting for recipes, getting around the word to catch interesting fish, etc.)

All kinds of PvP, but world PvP has a special place in my book because it integrates PvP with other PvE activities I enjoy seamlessly. It makes me feel like I am a part of the whole environment.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

1. Shadow Dance needs a more apparent visual effect. for a crucial stance that lasts only 8 seconds, I need to be able to discern when it starts, when it ends and whether it's still on without making ANY effort.

2. The abrupt camera change when using shadowstep. It sometimes disorients the player
    and result in losing the target right after catching him.

3. The application time of poisons is very long to be used in battlegrounds, even with the glyph. I'd like to see shorter application times or the ability to apply poisons while moving.

4. Vanish not working all the time.

1. Being able to get out of combat whenever I want, especially when outnumbered. It prevents me from developing an ADHD.

2. Being able to drive people mad and stall them with the use of distract and sap.

3. Positional requirement makes the class unique. It also reinforces the feeling of opportunism. I may be in the minority, but I would be very sorry to see the positional requirements removed.

1. Wasted combo points on my dead target.

2. Relying on plugins to be able to track combo points, buffs and debuffs (default UI is doesn't work for rogues as well as it does for other classes, especially mana users. Energy bar, combo points and small buff/debuff icons that get lost among many similar ones distract me way too much from my target and result in a very poor task flow.)

I like it the way it is at the moment.

1. Making poisons an even more prominent feature of the class:
    1a) Buff wound poison (10% healing debuff is very underwhelming for a 50% loss of poison damage)
    2a) Buff or revamp mind-numbing poison. (Casters mostly rely on their large arsenal of instant cast spells and get away buttons. %30 cast time debuff is way underwhelming the loss of all poison damage)
    3a) Either a shorter application time for poisons (a buff to glyph of poisons) or being able to apply poisons on the move.

2. One more utility (not an opener) beside sap and distract to use while in stealth stance.

3. Some mechanic that helps the rogue to get around his target during Shadow Dance phase, as almost all the abilities in stealth have a positional requirement.

4. Some more bleed damage. Not a lot, but I would like to see it matter as poison damage is not high enough unless specced in assasination.

1. Tricks of the Trade (completely useless in PvP and I have no threat problems in PvE)

2. Feint (no threat problems in PvE, energy and GCD requirements makes it inconvenient in PvP)
    Edited by Kharyll on 9/17/2011 10:39 PM PDT
    86 Troll Rogue
    Apologies for the double-post; the Internet burped on my end.

PvE

Heroic Dungeons, 10m Raids

Duelling, BGs, World PvP

Poison duration. I completely understand keeping the 'flavor' of the class by applying it, but increasing the duration of the poison buffs to at least 2 hours, would go a long way towards making all raiding Rogues' lives easier. Add it into the Minor Glyph, or make it standard.

Also, I tend to swap poisons back and forth a bit depending on certain boss fights, Tol Barad, Dueling/World PvP or going into BGs. This means losing 4-5 slots of precious bag space due to carrying all poison types that see frequent use. I understand the psychology behind having Rogues go to their 'shady dealer' and having an on-going cost for an essential class reagent, but losing that much bag space hurts!

I'd like to see the poisons become consolidated into one reagent, Poison, and a pop-up option bar to select which poison we want for MH/OH, similar to Shamans selecting which Totem for Air/Water/etc gets dropped. When the poison buff runs out, click again to re-apply. And as a Rogue levels, the new poison types learned can be added automatically to that pop-up. I'm not sure what this would mean for people using a custom UI, or how much development/re-programming would be involved, but it's a idea.

Blind not breaking stealth would be nice. Distract breaking casts would be nice.

Sneaking around en Stealth, Sapping, Pickpocketing odd/weird/amusing vendor trash items as well as pocket-change/lock-boxes.

As Subtlety, Shadowstep hands-down.

As a Combat Rogue, I love Killing Spree and Blade Flurry. I love the chaos and the RAAARH!-ness of being a brawling, swashbuckling rogue, a feeling which Combat really lost with the removal of fast OH swords. Have never found the sudden change of perspective/orientation to be a problem while using KS or Shadowstep, if anything it's kind of exhilarating!

Being feared/MC'd so easily. Not having shiny visual effects like some of the other classes, but understandable since we're physical/poison damage-based, rather than magic. But still... some extra poisony-glow, or more air-slashing visuals would be nice.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Most of my time is spent in-raid as Combat. At the moment, I don't find any real issues with the rotation, though incorporating Revealing Strike took some getting used to (and sometimes not used at all, depending on Ruthlessness procs).

Using Redirect/transferring Bandit's Guile is still clunky, as you can't always predict if you'll have enough time to use your 5CP in a finisher and get another CP on that target before it DIES from raid-crits. The cooldown for Redirect is also too long.

I would very much like to see BG be a product of situational awareness rather than time-on-target awareness, ie. Rogue has been in combat/fighting for X seconds and is now "in the zone" until they snap out of it, rather than spent X-time "zoning" on current target, oh wait, start over again on new target! Ugh.

I don't find energy-capping to be an issue except during Adrenaline Rush or Bloodlust/etc, but even that can be mitigated by being low-energy before AR or BL use. Not always possible/ideal, though.

Poisonous Smoke Bombs for AOE damage. I don't want to just cut line of sight attacks on myself, I want the stun-locked target that's not receiving any heals to also choke on poison. I want to drop it in melee on a pack of trash and not only draw in that pesky caster at range, but make any trash realize why it's bad news to be within melee-range of a rogue. This additional effect to Smoke Bomb would encourage more use deliberation towards using it offensively or defensively.

Not having unglyphed Poisons take 5 secs; the Glyphed time-to-apply should be standard. Also having poison duration buffed to 2-3 hours.

Better AOE damage for Fan of Knives, or just better aoe-dmg in general.
    Less ramp-up time for Bandit's Guile.
    Friendly-target Shadowstep.

Removed penalty from Glyphed Kick, or a lower Kick cd in general. Six seconds would be awesome, and put us on par with Shamans, but we'd still have to be within melee range.

From a PvE pov: Deadly Throw, Backstab, Gouge, Expose Armor
    Edited by Rhujo on 9/18/2011 12:03 AM PDT
    90 Worgen Rogue

Both

Five mans, when they're new, raids mostly. Old content from time to time.

2v2 for points, randoms for honor for crafting mats.

Being forced to use a thrown to do AoE, which really isn't too big of a deal.

Everything a rogue can do.

There are formulas for PvE/PvP and you can't deviate from them.

It's easier to learn, easy to master, hard to get it's full potential due to RNG.

I'd rather be surprised by something new then ask for something.

Rogues are probably one of the few classes where everything has it's use, depending on the situation. Everyday I use each ability at least once.
    85 Night Elf Rogue
    PvP

All 3, just now getting into RBGs

As most rogues hate, poisons taking up too much bag space, Should make a bag inside your normal bag that takes xx amount of poisons in it, reduce a lot of pain.

Balancing a crazy fight to help others, rogues are massive dps and can also make the team wipe the apposing team with the right timing.

Frost mages, having to keep my finishers up and making the choice of either doing just a bit of damage or lasting a bit longer. Spend a good enough amount of time in an arena to get full combo points to have a damaging finisher leave barely a scratch.

i enjoy my rotation for the most part, a better interupt would be nice, maybe another silencing attack as well.

For poisons to reduce healing more than 10%, maybe not right away but stacking up a few times for the full effect. A little more mobility against frost mages( which are way too OP right now), A better healing interupt than blind and kick as alot of healing spells are instant cast. More damage off of damaging finishers and maybe a few more seconds added onto recuperate as rogues don't last long without it. And for haste to boost energy regen more, i could get some of the best haste gear and still not generate enough energy to keep combos going well.

Pickpocket(used once when first learned)
    Sinister Strike(much better attacks such as hemorrhage and backstab)
    Rupture(doesn't do nearly enough damage for sacrifice of combo points to be used to heal or weaken target)
    Edited by Kimurav on 9/18/2011 3:07 AM PDT
    90 Goblin Rogue
    I thoroughly enjoy playing a rogue but I agree that certain issues need to be addressed to make the Rogue a little more like a... well, a Rogue. There used to ba a time when Rogues were generally feared and it wasn't because we were op, we just had certain abilities that caused a lot of problems for other toons. Then Cata came along and the Rogue kinda got forgotten about. Let's face it, the Cata Rogue is just not as potent as most of the other classes due to the fact that they got a lot of upgrades that made dealing with a rogue much easier.

You hear a lot of complaints about us trying to deal with Ferals, Frost Mages and to some extent BM Hunters. Sure, if you're "good enough" you can bring down any class but a seasoned Rogue player should not have to be at the top of his game to down a Druid that is a noob. Sorry... that's just doesn't seem right. This problem however, needs to be dealt with at those classes, not the Rogue's. If you buff the Rogue we will basically walk right through a Warrior or Death Knight without much problem. Certain snaring and kiteing abilities need to be reduced at their level, not increased at ours. No other class should have more ways to ensnare another class than a Rogue, no other class should have more ways to get OUT of a snare than a Rogue and no other class should have more interrupts than a Rogue. Cooldownd times need to be increase in other classes or the frequency in which they are allowed to be used need to be decreased. Certain classes are just too op for an average Rogue to deal with and this ties in with the "not so fun to play" part of Blizz's questions.

There is a little bit of talk about a tank class for the Rogue, Combat spec specifically. A very good idea but...
    Imagine a Prot Warrior coming at you, sword and board, plate all shiny, then POOF... he dissapears, stealths and saps you. Lets face it, you're already dead. For a decent tank you need plate armor, leather aint gonna get 'er done. If you buff leather then the Rogue now has sets that, even if not a Combat/tank spec, cause a serious imbalance in our favor. The Combat spec could be the only Rogue class that can wear plate but I think that that spec should loose the ability to stealth to make things fair. Plate is heavy and unweildly anyway, you can't just dissapear in that right? Certian other movement based abilities should also be curbed such as the amount of time allowed for Sprint and, if universally granted to all specs, the ability to Shadow Dance. The tank Rogue should also get to use shields and some fancy new Shield Bash abiliy, maybe call it Brained 'em or something. It is a nice possibility and would be interesting to see.

Certian other things such as dealing with our poisons in a little more creative way has to be updated, the Deadly Throw needs to be an instant cast interrupt and for God's sake give the Rogue an AOE other than Fan of Knives. Maybe make Blind an AOE instead of single target based.

Our energy stacking needs to focus on the Rogue, not the target we're facing. It's OUR ability and OUR momentum which causes the energy stack and it shouldn't necessarily stop when our 1st target is dead so why penalize us by having to start our energy build again when we jump to another target in a reasonable amount of time? This alone would solve a lot of end game PVE issues.

The bottom line is that there are a few other classes that need to have their abilities looked at to make it a little more fair to ALL the other classes, not just for the Rogue. The Rogue needs to be updated a little to bring it up to a more even and competitive level with all the other toons that got a LOT of love from Blizz when Cata came out. We need some issues addressed so we can be desired in Raids and Dungeons for our DPS and feared in the BG's again. I sincerly hope Blizz is looking at all our comments in this Sticky because there is obviously a lot of players that want to see improvements to their beloved toons the Rouges. Just look at all the posts in such a short period of time. Now go Backstab someone!
    85 Goblin Rogue
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PVP

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

All 3
    ■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    perminent poisons would be nice.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    When we could actually kill someone in a stun lock.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    Frost mages, disc priest, resto shamans,druids. Frost mages cc is way to strong. i cant kill a disc priest in a duel. resto shamans cant kill one. druids mocement speed in cat form makes them skip on my computer. My computer isnt bad either lol

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

like the rotation
    ■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Get rid of shadow dance and make me hit harder. back to the days of clothies feared a rogue.
    ■What spells do you use the least? none
    85 Night Elf Rogue
    Both

Heroics, Raids

BGs

Poisons! I feel that poisons should be like enchants/runeforging. Once you apply them, they stay until changed. The same could be said for Shaman's weapon abilities.

Stealth

Energy starvation

Abilities that make us more valuable to the raid/party, as opposed to being just another set of debuffs.

Disarm Trap, Pick Pocket
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]