(Locked)

100 Night Elf Rogue
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics and Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Slow ramp up time on damage. Stacking poisons and getting all our self buffs going takes too long.

Vanish as a damage buff. Vanish is a cool rogue ability that often saves a raid from a long run back or at least save you a repair bill. However, since a big damage buff is now tied to this ability and we often use it on cool down, we lose most of the utility.

Very little ability for burst damage, at least in assassination. I have to push buttons mostly to keep my buffs rolling and that is what I spend much of my time doing. Vendetta is the only real burst, but it is pretty weak if I need quick damage and also only applies to single target.

Wish I did not always have to use daggers to play assassination. With the size of daggers these days, there is no real claim that a dagger is needed for a more stealthy attack, the daggers are not much smaller than swords in any case. Seems there is no real need for this limitation and it does not seem to add anything to the game.

What makes playing your class more fun?

Stealth + Vanish. Attacking from stealth on an unsuspecting target. Good interrupts and stuns. Fan of Knives with stacking poison. Evasion tanking a boss for the few seconds it takes to finish it off! Ability to do good damage while moving. Recuperate is great for soloing old world bosses and that sort of thing. It is nice to have a bit of self healing.

What makes playing your class less fun?

Slow damage ramp up.
Mobs that can see us when stealthed.
Reforging to hit cap after every upgrade.
Target switching and having to restack poison and buffs.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Rotation is OK. As I mentioned above, a little too much self buffing and too little actual damage abilities, but over all pretty good. I like the slower assassination rotation as it gives a little more time to think rather than just mashing keys. Nice for weaving in other abilities like TotT. Of course there is a bit of a lack of other things that can be woven in.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Some mechanism to ramp up damage faster. Perhaps a stronger opener that also applied more stacks of poison that can be done from stealth.

Be nice to have a button to generate some extra energy when needed. Seems that when we get into an energy starved situation, like coming off a FoKs spam, it take a long time to recharge. It seems like you are sitting there waiting too long. Probably have to be on a reasonably long cool down.

Separate the damage bonus from Vanish.

Hit being worth while after spell cap, so reforging is less critical.

What spells do you use the least?

Redirect - With the long cool down this is practically useless. With a shorter or no cool down this could be used to solve some of the target switching problems. This would also be a nice fix as it causes the player to use this a the proper time to make it work. If it also transferred poison stacks, it would be cool.

Smoke Bomb - Very situational and not often used.
85 Gnome Rogue
I just want Smoke Bomb to be relevant in some way in PvE. Even as a !@#$ty raid cd.
90 Gnome Rogue
Both, but mainly PVP.

Heroics, but that's just to farm VP and JP so I can make some money.

Battlegrounds, I have DC issues so I tend to stray away from people needing to depend on me.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Like many have said, Poisons! I hate switching poisons all day long because I am LFG and TB que comes up then I am back in a raid or farming, it just becomes a big mess.

Being able to become Invincible (Evasion/CoS) even though it only lasts a few seonds.

Being Cooldown reliant, I hate having to sit around doing nothing while waiting for my CDs to finish. Sometimes I have to just sigh and just go get an ice cream when someone starts a fight with me and I blew all my CDs killing frost mage friend.

The Class feels really, really gimmicky.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I can't stand the rotation. I'm supposed to be this cool ninja/assassin hybrid but in order for me to do any damage I have hope it is a stand still boss and keep up several things at once.
That is also the reason I play Combat, so I can break the tedious rotation up once in awhile.

Please make Combat a tanking spec and it's all good.

Combat Readiness, Redirect(Is that it?), Rupture, Envenom, Shiv, Smoke Bomb, Expose Armor, Pick Pocket, and Recuperate (When I am not soloing an old raid.).
100 Night Elf Rogue
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

I am entirely a PvE player.

All of it.

N/A

For the record, I don't think removing things which give classes their flavor simply for convenience sake is a quality of life improvement when the management of those things is a part of what makes that class unique. I don't think hunters should have had ammo removed from the game, though they could have had ammo made much cheaper, stack much higher, or even just have their own special bag right on the character sheet for ammo where you could put in enough for a weeks worth of adventuring.

That being said, I think rogues don't have any quality of life issues really. Only thing I could really consider as one is that functionality of the Poisoner Addon hasn't yet been made part of the default UI yet, or even just built into the poisons.

For the record: I think removing poisons, making them spells outright, or making them permanent yet replaceable like runeforging would be the opposite of a quality of life change. Flavor and feel counts for a lot in a fantasy game.

What makes playing the Rogue class fun is the feeling that we are useful. Either tops on the DPS charts (especially if it requires skill to reach that position with the class), required for disarming traps or picking locks, or needed for CC.

The fact that none of the things I mentioned on the previous question are applicable to the game right now. The fact that stealth has no real bearing on anything outside PvP.

Feels good man

Having Combat rogues actually be able to go toe to toe with people in PvP. Possibly through reworking the abilities. Give Combat rogues plenty of parry and dodge (as a replacement for that horrible Reinforced Leather) and some benefits for when they successfully parry or dodge an attack such as Unfair Advantage or bringing back Riposte.

Possibly bringing the ability to change Combat's play style with a talent or two based on the non dagger weapon of choice (much the same as the old weapon specializations, but in ways that would modify other abilities as opposed to the old Mace Stuns)

Bringing back the ability to make poisons. The ability to buy them from the vendor would remain of course, but I think Rogues should be able to make them with special herbs found rarely in herb nodes.

Cloak and Combat Readiness removed from their shared cooldown. Each should have their own long cooldown, but trigger a shorter 15 second or so cooldown on the other to prevent the two from being used at the same time.

Smoke Bomb
Deadly Throw (this one has never been used in 6 years of play, not once)
Gouge and Blind (Mostly because people can't not break them, not a game design fault)
Expose Armor

Most of these are really PvP abilities though.
85 Blood Elf Rogue

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

RAID

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Never

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I don't have any complaint. Poisons are fine. I don't see any trick to change about that

# What makes playing your class more fun?

Endless damage, plenty of solution for any situation (vanish, CoS, feint for 50% less aoe, TotT, etc etc.. ) And love the fact that we are this sneaky quick damage dealer.

# What makes playing your class less fun? Mutiliate spec is unviable in pve right now. And that a shame, because I have far less fun to play in others spec. Im force to switch to stay competitive with others and justify my raid spot.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Switching target can be harch sometimes, specialy in mutiliate spec. I don't see why there is such a huge colldowm on redirect. I would also allow poison to be redirected as well on the new target.

TotT was an awesome ability.. Now with the new threat generation.. The only purpose is to buff the damage of some1 else..

Also, I don't like the combat rotation. Its base on to much cooldown + trinket sns, sns, sns, sns, rvs, evis.. Repeat, insert snd when down. Sns doesn't feel powerfull. It just don't.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Fix the mutilate spec to be at least competitve with other spec for PVE. Give a new use to TotT (not just on the 4tier piece)
Make switch target more viable.. Since all fight (almost) requier it. Repoison-rebleed-reslice'n'dice can

# What spells do you use the least?

Never used smoke bomb.. Still not sure what it really does. I guess is more a pvp skill. Kind of sad for OUR 85 skill

Also, never used combat readiness.. Cauz its share cd with CoS

And I don't think any rogue use expose armor since plenty of class already stack it witout spending precious CB to do it.
90 Night Elf Rogue
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• Both

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Raids

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Arenas and BGs

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Having to carry poisons around and re-applying them. I know its minor but similar in the way hunters had to carry around ammo.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Be able to stealth, lurk around, and pick my own fights.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Being slowed constantly by most classes, the most successful of them being hunters and mages.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• The assassination rotation is fun for me. I can't say anything about combat because I have yet to try the spec this expansion. The subtlety spec is difficult at first but is fun to keep up.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Having combat reediness and cloak of shadows off a shared cds. Shadow step being universal :D Wound poison buff and longer poison times!

• What spells do you use the least?

• For PvE: Smokebomb, gouge, expose armor, shiv.
    For PvP: Expose armor.
    Edited by Midna on 9/20/2011 11:37 AM PDT
    85 Draenei Shaman

Heroics, arenas, bgs, rateds when I have time, raids when I have time.

Weapon selection; I don't feel that there is enough. Poison stacking; could they go up to 100, or not have charges?

Getting to use nifty tricks and abilities on encounters. Stealth. Poisons. Attacking quickly. The high skill cap in pvp. Managing energy and combo points.

Not feeling like I can be effective in pvp when not specializing in subtlety. Being randomly seen in arenas. Shadowstepping to something and not being in range. The dps punishment for not being able to stand perfectly still (and behind) while killing a boss as sub. Less weapon options.

For the most part I enjoy simplicity so I like combat and assassination. There's still little things you can do to max your dps potential, but for the most part they're fine. Sub is too punishing when you're fighting anyone other than Occu'thar. It desperately needs something like assassination's renewal of snd upon envenoming. I think a reactive proc would be good for all 3 specs.

The developers actually caring about making all specs good in pvp / pve. Poisons being more interesting, Deadly Throw being more useful / used more often, and a ranged combo point generator. Moar fist weapons! Rupture and expose armor being more exciting. Fan of knives having the wc3 animation / effect!

Expose armor, deadly throw.
    100 Night Elf Rogue

PvE

Heroics, Normal/Heroic Raiding, Achievements

Only a little of all three, mainly only for achievements.

A drop down menu for poisons, like mages have for their portals. Right click for MH, left click for OH, middle click for thrown, for example. I'd like those bag slots for other useless crap. =D

multitude of cooldowns for PvE situations. Oh, the tank died because he did something stupid? Evasion tank while he gets rez'd. I still remember evasion tanking my guild's first Vael kill from 5% to dead! The ability to take far less damage than others from boss mechanics. Feint, cloak, combat readiness, all amazingly fun to time just right.

Not wanting to switch targets/having to build up Insight stacks. Currently, I feel pretty helpless on Ragnaros during the transition phases, I can't do good burst damage like others can, hell, I get sons down to 50% faster on my DK tank than I can on my rogue. It's depressing to lose your Insight stacks after building it up for 30 seconds.

I don't like Insight stacking, as I stated in the previous response, but, after a few boss kills of a certain boss, being able to time all my CDs to go perfectly with phases, it makes it really interesting. Interesting is what I love about the rogue rotation. It changes sometimes, stays the same otherwise, but it's on a per-fight and per-debuff basis.

-Working stealth/vanish. I know people say it works, but there is absolutely nothing more frustrating and plain stupid than vanishing and having someone 30 yards away fire a spell at you and take you out.
    -Poisons that don't take up my evermore dwindling bag space. My archaeology needs more space!
    -Hearthing in stealth needs to come back =p
    -BiS ranged weapons being only thrown. A 384 bow makes me sad.

-Smoke Bomb; very few uses in PvE, adding (or not removing; here's looking at you, magma trap) abilities that don't change the game, but make it easier or more convenient to have a rogue, would be awesome.
    -Combat readiness; again, in PvE it takes too long to stack up (and only stacks to direct hits), in which time I'm most likely already dead.
    90 Goblin Rogue

PvE

Raids

• Reapplying poisons: It gets annoying in PvE where poison types rarely change

• Equipping a thrown weapon for Fan of Knives: Better stats on other ranged weapons along with delays and stat imbalances associated with mid-fight swaps make FoK irritating to use. Besides, it's still relatively weak for non-Assassination rogues.

Fast-paced attacks and survival skills decided by current resources, buffs, debuffs, and raid situations

• Bringing less significant raid utility to the group than many other classes

• Sometimes doing less damage than hybrid classes: It's disheartening to know that they can do one of their jobs better than you can do your only job.

Assassination:
    • Having to pool energy for the majority of a fight makes it feel a bit too slow at times.

• On the other hand, the Backstab phase is a pain because of the positioning requirement.

• Overall I couldn't help thinking this spec was for lazy rogues after switching to it from Combat.

Combat:
    • Inevitably capping out energy at some points makes it feel too hectic and wasteful during those moments.

• Even in theory, timing for Bandit's Guile doesn't seem to pay off too well. It also discourages and further weakens short-term target-switching.

• Killing Spree sometimes ends up killing you and/or the raid instead of the boss.

• Revealing Strike is only a filler attack and doesn't really add any fun to the "rotation".

• More Killing Spree- and Shadowstep-like moves that won't kill us

• Removal of the shared cooldown between Cloak of Shadows and Combat Readiness or a shorter cooldown again

• A deadlier Deadly Throw

• Set bonuses that don't require another party member: The T12 4-piece is worthless when soloing old dungeons and raids.

• Combo points built up on the rogue rather than individual targets

• Revamped Deadly Poison mechanic

(Like the rest of this post, in Raids only:) Ambush, Gouge, Blind, Expose Armor, Dismantle, Deadly Throw, Shiv
    Edited by Idgas on 9/20/2011 4:04 PM PDT
    86 Human Rogue

Pve

Raids and Heroics

Poisons expiring

Sneaking around and the burst damage.

Tier sets that involve Tricks of the Trade
    Ruptures uselessness unless someone has a bleed effect

I like its complication and how it takes the players focus

To bring back the 1.5 speed swords for combat!!!!!!!

Deadly throw
    Combat Readiness
    expose armor
    85 Orc Rogue
    Both

Heroics, Raids

Arenas, BGs

Making Poison as spell cast instead of keep buying it would be great, other than that I don't think there's much to add to it

more in-combat CC would make it more enjoyable, most grps don't like taking rogues because we're only restricted into doing 1 thing... dps

When the raid fights aren't favorable towards melee and we get blame for not doing enough output to support the raid.

our rotation on all 3 of our specs are great atm, i don't see there's much problems with it.

More CC and buffs to bring to raid? we're quite useless now when we're in combat through out heroics atm. After sap wears off we can't really do much to redo our cc except for blind which only last so long. Raids would favor the other melee more because the amount of Raid wide buffs. Cloak of Shadows and CR shouldn't share CDs.

Combat Rediness is no longer on my hotbar because Cloak is far too important to keep on CD rather than CR, especially in arena where there's always both type of dps, its easier to survive with using cloak because of the glyph. Redirect is also another skill i wouldn't use as much if the fight needs me to switch targets constantly (Alysrazor/Majordomo - where we constantly changing target), it would be nice if this skill's cd is much lower.
    100 Troll Rogue
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] - mainly PVE, but some PVP

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] - Raids. I run heroics but not really concerned about them.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] - Arena for points, BGs for fun, does anyone run Rated BGs?

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. - Make poisons work like runeforging where they stay on your weapon til you change them. Make switching targets less punishing or us better on single target to make up for it. Make killing spree kill other people instead of us (in the current tier it is scary to use on 5 of 7 bosses.) Give us buffs which will make us as useful as other melee classes.

What makes playing your class more fun? I like the addition of revealing strike. I think it made the rotation a little more interesting. Smoke bomb is really fun in pvp. Maybe having to stealth/vanish more or stun lock more because sometimes in PVE, you don't really feel that roguelike. I miss the locked chests in heroics too.

What makes playing your class less fun? Dieing from using one of your best cooldowns. Lockboxes are pretty boring. Does there really need to be a cast bar for it? Not having strong buffs, utility that will make you more valuable to a raid. Tricks was nice but now that threat is a non-issue, we don't have as much to offer as other melee classes. I like feint except fights where its beneficial to hit it whenever it comes up with its short cd. Huge penalties for target changing.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) The rotation feels ok. The haste makes it a little ridiculous to try not to cap on energy sometimes especially during Adrenaline Rush. It'd be nice to make rupture a little better so we might be tempted to use it even if there is not a bleed debuff in the raid and while bandits guile is maxed.

What’s on your wish list for your class? The increased stealth speed was awesome. Maybe making combat feel a little more like a rogue. Redirect with no cd or combo points building on the rogue as well as bandits guile. Fun class quests. Being able to mog maces, swords, axes, fists with each other. An invisible insta-cast mount :D

What spells do you use the least? I'm sure you already have a good idea about this.
    What type of content do you focus on?
    -BGs, solo PVE and 5-man PVE

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    -Posion application, so tedious.
    -Weapon Restrictions for2/3 specs.
    -Frost Mages!!!

-Stealth is an AMAZING tool, so much you can do if you're creative and opportunistic.
    -Control mechanics.
    -Ability to choose when and where I fight.
    -Really loved all the low level class flavor/lore quests, incredibly greatful I did them long before they were removed.

-Keeping poisons up.
    -Lack of variety between 3 talent trees.
    -Weapon class restrictions.

-I'd like to see poisons on a drop down menu (similar to shaman totem bar).
    -Also, more variety in talent specs. It'd be nice if Subtlety and Assassination were merged for stealth/poison rogue playstyle, turn combat into more of an axe/mace/sword melee powerhouse rogue (maybe even a 2h rogue, imagine a samurai w/ spear/nodachi who specilizes in peels/evasion and w/ less emphasis on stealth) and create some sort of 3rd spec with very different playstyle from the other two. Maybe like a ranged specilisation rogue who relies on thrown weapons. Something to mix it up. Rogue is severely lacking in variety compared to all other classes.

-I think I do a pretty good job of using all the tools in my arsenal. I very very rarely get the opportunity to use disarm Trap, but I have pickpocket macroed into all of my stealth openers.
    85 Worgen Rogue

Stealth, being able to go past unwanted mobs, sapping.

Positional requirements for mediocre damage. Frost mages have no positional requirements and do more damage despite having good crowd controls, slow downs, and being able to attack from a distance. If we have a positional requirement and backstab takes up a load of energy then it should be given the proper damage output accordingly. Also, feral druid seems like it's rogue plus given that it can switch gears to tanking, does more damage, and even has a skill where energy isn't consumed.

Considering any worthwhile stun (i.e., doesn't disappear upon hitting a target) is only a few seconds long and combo points need to be spent on another stun, shadow dance only lasts 8 seconds (with glyph) and cooldowns take too long there needs to be a change.

All around higher damage output, especially from the back, and cooldowns that don't take as long so as to maximize survivability.

I never use TotT, premeditation, distract, haven't used blind in awhile, expose armor, envenom, rupture, shiv, sinister strike, and feint.
    85 Blood Elf Rogue
    Woe

Both, with a bigger emphasis on PvE.

Raids.

All three.

I think the Combo Point system is extremely outdated. With the long awaited addition of Redirect, at this point CPs should honestly just stack on us instead of the target.

Similarly, Deadly Poison should not stack. In an ideal fight, it's always at 5 stacks anyway. It just creates an extra burden on target switches or ramping up at the start of a fight.

On a lesser note, Poisons should last indefinitely on a weapon until it is replaced by another. On those rare occasions someone forgets, it's a HUGE issue.

Being solitary, Stealth allows me to pick my targets.

Since vanilla, Rogue mobility has been terrible. This is debatable in PvP, but in PvE having no quick catch up ability like Charge is a hindrance on target switches. Sprint is STILL on too long of a cooldown for it's purpose.

I dislike the Rogue "rotation," it just doesn't feel like there's enough choices. It's always CP spam to 4+, and pretty much pick the finisher that's most important. I've played since vanilla, and I can guarantee you very little has changed in this regard. We've pretty much gotten a new finisher since then.

1) Less "auto or proc" based damage, with specials becoming a larger portion of our DMG. Auto-attack and procs are also terrible in a PvP environment where you may only be on a target for a few short moments.

2) A catch up ability available to all specs.

3) Better survivability outside of cooldowns.

Expose Armor, Deadly Throw
    Edited by Zerole on 9/21/2011 2:47 PM PDT
    100 Blood Elf Rogue
    PVE
    Heorics, Raids
    N/A
    Better Swap targeting redirect in a shorther cd
    Bandit guile working all the way around starting 30% to 10%
    Revealing Strike
    Combat is so much fun, RS feels kind of odd
    Muti rot is fine but there is too much energy starv
    Revealing strike gone buff to SS =P
    redirect in a shorter cd
    Bandit guile working all the way around starting 30% to 10%
    Smoke bomb, combat rediness
    90 Night Elf Rogue

Both

raids (endgame 10's 25's)

all

perhaps poisons taking up bag space.. perhaps a separate bag like for keys?

when stealth works

when stealth doesn't work

rotation is fine for muti.. complex is good.. keeps u on your toes.. if your have a rotation for sub your doing it wrong :P

bring back leveling lock-picking..only a more interesting quest chain.. perhaps something to do with breaking into places of the opposing faction and grabbing items from the keep...

bring back weapon proficiency training.. its a big advantage to lvl your hand-to-hand when your disarmed if the other person never bothered

have stealth work...

have vanish work..(seriously..not a troll.. been playing a long time.. years.. the only time these worked as advertised was very briefly in wrath and ..although before my time.. i hear they worked in vanilla)

i use them all in sub... least would have to be distract.. although it comes in handy... like at the start of SOTA..to get the whole ship-full to run off the back of the boat :P , and to position enemy's for opening..
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]