(Locked)

85 Troll Rogue
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both PVP and PVE: Sub and Combat, respectively

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs and Arenas

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
It seems very whiney and whatnot... but having to constantly reapply poisons and visit the vendor to purchase more is extremely annoying. Also the sheer amount of poisons, most of which have very limited usefulness can be somewhat of a nuisance.

What makes playing your class more fun?
As a Sub specc, sneaking around unseen is the most exhilarating part of my job. Also the sheer amount of CC sub rogues have to use and "stunlocking" is enjoyable.
As a Combat specc, Blade Flurry is a blast, and Ad. Rush is super fun when burning large bosses.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Lack of variety of moves in general. All fall under very broad categories (added damage, cc, self buffs)

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
With Sub being a mostly pvp-oriented specc, the rotation is great because every encounter is different. We get to work the rotation and move priorities around the specific enemy's skills, and that makes every fight fresh and exciting. This in itself highlight's the combat rogue's largest flaw: there is absolutely NO variety in our rotation. Ever. I find myself spamming SS, RS, SnD then Evisc over and over and over again... I need variety in the way I play, and I just cant find it in Combat.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
On my wish list for Sub would be a stronger viability for PvE play. I love the mobility, micromanagement, and situational awareness needed to play Subtlety, but it's sheer lack of DPS and abundance of Crowd Controls make it not useful at all as a PvE specc.
For Combat, What I really would like is some excitement. I dont really have any thoughts on what form that should take (they pay YOU to do the thinking) but I would like to not feel like that teenager that sucks at fight stick games and just sits there, mindlessly pushing buttons. Combat needs a broader set of skills that dont just end up with us hacking and slashing our way to mediocre dps. Our entire existence revolves around the uptime of one ability, and it would be nice if the Combat specc required me to actually think :)

What spells do you use the least?
In Sub (PVP) - Gouge. and this is just so wrong! Also makes Blind a bit pointless.... any time I'm not soloing someone in mid in a bg, both these abilities become useless because I can turn off my own dps but not my buddy's.

In Combat (PvE) - Expose Armor, Rupture (?!?!?!?!) Gouge, Shiv. And I should mention - I love the idea behind Shiv, but its lack of crit possibilities, and generally negligible benefit to... well, anything make it really just kinda lame.
85 Undead Rogue
What type of content do you focus on?
Both

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Leveling through dungeons for now but will be engaging in heroics and raids when I get 85.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
Random BGs for now but will be engaging in Arena and RBGs when I get 85.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Not being able to switch specs if I accidentally go into a bg in my PvE spec.

Having situational tools to deal with almost any conceivable opponent.

Being pigeon-holed into playstyles I dislike because of current problems.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I enjoy it. Previously I played caster classes and the excitement of melee and using skills every single gcd is exhilarating.

Mobility for combat and assassination PvP (Sorry I know viability is not supposed to be discussed but its just too big of an issue to not mention)

Expose Armor
85 Undead Rogue
What type of content do you focus on?

Pve. But played purely PVP for 4 years.

If PvE, what type of PvE?

Raids

Feeling we have a unique role in the game and, after mastering the Rogue Class, having the potential to disable any action from any enemy class. Having so much utility and unique features in the game. Shadow Dance, Vanish, Smoke Bomb engines, for example, make us feel really unique and cool as a class, I appreciate that a lot.

Being so binary. In PvP content a Rogue is basically the only class that won't touch anyone and kill anything without a cooldown on. I KNOW we're supposed to save our cooldowns in order to always have one of them but that's boring, a mage for example can do tons of stuff without cooldowns, unlike a rogue.

Giving us Smoke Bomb and Combat Readiness didn't helped at all. CR in case now sharing cooldown with Cloak of Shadows which is absurd, makes me think why does CR exists...

And having so many different mechanics as I listed give us so many bugs! Like take Killing Spree as an example, it is completely broken! Teleporting us to the enemy make us die for example, Alysrazor air phase, Heroic Al'Akir encounter, thus forcing us to not use Killing Spree in those encounters, making Rogue dps go down in comparation of other classes. And if you kill the enemy when you're using Killing Spree the spell doens't end, making the rogue teleport in the same place until the duration fades, which is hilariously fail and should be fixed A.S.A.P

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Combat rotation is cool, except that it is really spammy if you don't have a Hunter with Hyena pet or an Arms Warrior/Feral Druid in your raid so it's worth using Rupture as part of the rotation (because using Rupture without bleed debuff is a DPS loss). I think that we shouldn't lose DPS for trying to make our rotation more difficult and competitive. Because atm the more simple the rotation is the most damage you do with it (And should be the complete opposite)

And I want too see Assassination being as good as Combat in Pve (which is by far, not). Assassination has poor cooldowns (Cold Blood being horrible in comparation on Adrenaline Rush or Killing Spree for example, in therms of DPS increase) and Vendetta has a huge cooldown. Plus Assassination rotation is energy dumped, it wastes a lot of energy and theres no way to return it to the rogue, making it a very very slow paced rotation.

It is really awful to renew Poisons each hour. I understand that making it "spelly" like DKs Runeforges or Shamans weapons-buffs would change a lot in rogue history. But, thinking on the Lore, WHY THE HELL Rogues (that are the only class that use poisons) can't make Poisons? Doesn't make sense at all. And it makes completely no-sense making us buy em from an NPC.

I'd like to see some more variability on weapons on the game as it was before (in Naxxramas, Ulduar for instance). For example there is no Agility Sword in Firelands, nor Agility Fist. I understand the work of making a agility sword instead of an axe for example, if in the case of the sword, only rogues would use it (and maybe some crazy hunters), and in the case of the Axe, we share it with Enhanc. Shamans, so its more then one use for that speficic kind of item, anyways.. Taking out SWORDS and FISTS which are, in my honest opinion, the greatest weapons for a combat rogue kinda ruined the PvE experience to me.

We need more variability on the weapons. Having agility daggers for us is not enough. I hate having to use a dagger as OFFHAND in Combat spec, I wanted to use a damn mace, or better, a FIST weapon or SWORD, the forggoten ones.

Shiv and Expose Armor are even out of my PvE action bar. Deadly Thrown is used ONLY in Alysrazor encounter (to interrupt Druids when Kick is in cooldown). I'd really like to see some uses to Expose Armor as it is unused in Pve and Pvp. Combat Readiness has no use in Pve too, and ALMOST no use in PVP as using CR results in Cloak of Shadow in cooldown which is VERY VERY bad for a rogue to have. Plus Cloak of Shadow has so much more uses then Combat Readiness.

Also I'd like to see some raid uses in Pickpocket and Disarm-Trap, to make rogues trully live the bandit experience playing this class should be. (For example, trap disarming in ICC trash pulls was a cool idea, but I'd like to see some Pickpocketing in Action too)

PS: I'm sorry for my horrible language as it's not my mother language. Any grammar corrections will be deeply appreciated.
85 Undead Rogue

Both

Progression Raiding

Arenas, BG's

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Poisons. At the minimum poisons should stack to 100 and last longer when applied. Ideally they should be class abilities that buff our weapons not consumables that we buy.

Rogue mechanics are based around energy management, cooldown timing, and cooldown synergy. I welcome not having wack-a-mole proc mechanics like some dps classes do. I much prefer being able to focus on timing/combining my abilities and cooldowns to maximum effectiveness.

Stealth and sprint are fun. Shadowstep is really fun. The mystique around wielding dual daggers and *swords* is fun.

The things I enjoy most about rogues are the abilities which make us unique.

1) I feel that our dps penalty for target switching fights is too severe at the moment. DPS rampup time is ok but it's not fun being in a perpetual state of ramping up and never being able to actually deliver the dps. Many encounters demand constant target switching. It seems the damage redirect problem has been addressed for other classes more effectively than it has for rogues.

2) Tricks of the trade and set bonuses based around tricks of the trade. I want my dps potential to be tied more to how well I play and less to how well another rogue plays. When there is only one mage in the raid he can throw focus magic out, get some benefit, and forget it. When I'm the only rogue in my raids I take a 1000 dps loss *for not having another rogue present*. This isn't fun.

Compared to other classes I like rogue dps rotations. It allows me to focus on the timing of cooldowns for maximum dps on boss encounters. I prefer combat because it provides me the tools to do this. I much prefer timing cooldowns and finding optimizations in how they are used together versus reacting to random procs.

Combat:
Energy capping at high levels of gear causes a problem with combat rotations under bloodlust/haste procs. This needs to be addressed.

Bandit's Guile as currently designed doesn't allow rogues to adjust their play in any meaningful way to adjust to the state of insight. As such it seems like a purely cosmetic ability since we redirect on cooldown anyways

Rupture makes almost no meaningful contribution to our rotation at high levels of gear. There should be a greater dps reward for using it.

Otherwise I enjoy the combat rotation primarily because I like having cooldowns to manage and use as the encounters demand.

Assassination:
Slow ramp up, dps falls off the map when there is target switching. Like driving an 18 wheeler in a dune buggy race.

Subtlety:
Would be a lot of fun if it was useable on more than one encounter. It's simply too complex a rotation to use on any fight with a lot of movement. But it's much more challenging and fun than assassination. I'd love to see it's rotation refined where it doesn't fall apart anytime there is movement. The biggest single change to make raid encounters more fun for rogues would be having shadowstep available to all rogues.

Other rotations:
Tricks and interrupt rotations are just stupidly annoying . Full time interrupt rotations on bosses are not fun. Tricks rotation + interrupt rotation + dps rotation.. this defines every fight in the game that is not fun for me.

Get rid of bandit's guile.
Get rid of redirect.
Get rid of tricks of the trade dependence on another rogue being present, alive, and as competent as you every 30 seconds.

Make shadowstep trainable.
Make shadowstep also redirect. Make it glyphable for PVE where it can also redirect poisons and bleeds.
Keep tricks of the trade threat transfer but makes its damage buff a self buff.

Agility and quickness (not slow dps ramp up time) should be our class defining abilities.

In PVE I rarely use dismantle, shiv, disarm trap, expose armor.
85 Troll Rogue
*PVP

*Rated BG's because my spec lacks Arena potential

1. Mutilates lack of mobility
2. Mutilates lack of mobility
3. Mutilates lack of mobility
4. Mutilates lack of mobility and then having to pop medallion trinket, cloak of shadows and sprint to barely move and be cc'd again cause vanish doesn't truly make you vanish

*I just enjoy the rogue style
*Mutilates lack of mobility or way to get on a ranged target
*I play a Rogue a class that you would assume it has ninja like agility and stealth, however mutilate lacks that. Against melee I am fine other then that they often have a way to quickly get ranged on me and takes me forever to get back on them if I already used sprint. Against a ranged like hunter or mage mostly

*I dont follow a set rotation cause PVP doesnt allow for it unless i play macro spec (sub), It varies slightly but I'm fine with that. I dont think an encounter should be able to be scripted to macro an entire fight.

#1 (for real #1) A doppelganger like shadow pet that is on CD, that comes out from the shadows to fight always mirroring the player to spawn it. ie.. I mutilate it mutilates, I envenom it envenom. It would follow the shadow of the character just like real a shadow would but maybe always staying behind enemy.
#2(for real) Make mutilate 2200+ arena viable, I hate sub but that is only spec capable it seems
1. A death grip like ability only in mutilate that allows a chance to keep on a ranged target and not waste cd's repeatedly.
2. A preparation to help us sprint again or vanish in order to have a chance to stay on a ranged target
3. Improved stealth since we lack the mobilty at least give us a chance not to be seen by a hunter or mage or some class that can blink or whatever to keep us ranged until our death.
72 Worgen Rogue
I focus on pvp, as I have not had stable internet til now.
I like to do arenas and rated bgs. I haven't tried rated bgs yet.

Quality of life:
Cloak of shadows says it provides immunity to all damage and harmful effects, but physicals like rend still effect me. Blade flurry says it causes melee hits to cleave, but gouge is not included. I'd like to see these upgraded or clarified, but Combat is fun.
Having control of enemy actions.

Not much.

Timing cooldowns is my favorite part of rogues.

The problems I mentioned in my quality criticism. Maybe a tiny % nerf to ambush, as it really hurts when levelling. It's a marvelous class.

I never use garrote, backstab, and ambush.
Already posted once above, here are a few thoughts I've had since then.

09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

Mut PvP "rotation" is too demanding.
- A Sub Rogue normally keeps up one finisher, Recuperate, to handle both energy return and survivability, Mut Rogues need two, Recuperate and Rupture. Yes, that extra finisher also provides pressure/damage (at the cost of CC), but its still the case that Mut Rogues normally need to maintain two.
- a Sub Rogue uses 1 or 2 finishers for burst, Eviscerate as a combo point dump and optimally a Kidney Shot for setup. Mut Rogues need two, Envenom (which is one hit, compared to 2-4 Ambushes and 1-2 Eviscerates) and SnD to make use of the Envenom debuff. Even with CttC, it's more difficult to set-up. The catch? Forget about using Kidney Shot for that set-up (to keep the guy from moving, as critical to Mut's Envenom debuff as to Sub's Shadow Dance) because you need those points for Envenom (where Ambush makes combo points).

These two are related, and to the rotation above. Improved Expose Armor is one of the least useful Assassination talents because Mut builds rely on poison damage ... a fact Combat Rogues often point out. They'd LOVE IEA, but if it was given to them, not only would it be a big boost to Combat PvE dps, we'd have to replace it in Assassination. The question is, what could we replace it with?

SnD is already on both Deadly Momentum and CttC, and Recup on Deadly Momentum. Rupture would lead to a DPS increase, and Envenom or Deadly Throw would lead to spamming (a broken talent tree). There is one option though, Kidney Shot.

Turning Improved Expose Armor into Improved Kidney Shot has three major advantages.
1) KS is on a 20s CD, so it can't be spammed.
2) It does not increase PvE DPS, because KS isn't a damaging ability. It does improve Mut utility on non-immune mobs.
3) This would allow Mut Rogues to set-up burst in PvP the same way Sub Rogues can.

------------

While we're comparing, here's another issue.

Shadow Dance: a single burst Cool Down, 1 minute.
Cold Blood and Vendetta: two CDs that need to be popped for burst, each 2 minutes.

Putting Cold Blood on a 1m CD WOULD be a DPS increase for Mut, but only by a single Envenom's damage per minute. Vendetta could easily be reduced to a 1m CD, if it's duration was also halved. That results in a net zero DPS increase.

-------------

OK, so we're still comparing. Mut and Combat simply can't keep up with Shadow Step, and I'm among those who'd hate to gank Sub and homogenize the class. Earlier, I suggested replacing the hidden cast time of Throw with a GCD and short CD (make it available on the move for a ranged snare with Crippling Poison). I said "the only thing more Roguish than running with knives, is throwing knives while running." I have since heard a suggestion that can compete.

As nice as the Vendetta utility is, it's extremely difficult to use. How can you know when someone will stealth? If they do first, you've already lost them. The better idea? Change the utility to "While Vendetta is active, you can not be slowed below 100% running speed, and your target can not move faster than 100% running speed."

Sounds pretty powerful, right? Even for a reduced 15 seconds? Here's why I like it: For the Assassin, it gives the feel of running down your target. For the target, it gives the feel of being run down. **shudder** VERY Roguish. Consider it a "wish-list" item alongside that Throw.

Maybe more later.
85 Blood Elf Rogue

Just PVE

Pretty much everything PVE related

- Poisons. I understand buying poisons adds flavor to the class, but I would really like to see poisons become trainable spells and have an infinite duration until they are canceled our switched to another type. Having to reapply poisons mid-boss fight or having to scramble to a vendor in the middle of a raid is not fun.
- Low level dungeons/leveling. We need a AoE accessible at low levels. Blade Flurry works with Combat, but Assassination/Subtlety contribute almost nothing in low level dungeons. I would suggest making Fan of Knives trainable much earlier.

The Combo Point system works well. It needs some tweaks and maybe some new spells thrown in because it is very old, but it's a fairly simple, easy to grasp system that generally does it's job.

I feel like Rogues are having a bit of a identity crisis in PVE. We have low armor, low burst, and are lacking in the target swapping department. We don't really utilize many of the key Rogue feats, such as stealth, powerful openers, and powerful finishers. Combat feels like a cheap Fury Warrior, Assassination feels like a cheap Feral Druid, and I feel like the devs really don't know what they want to do with Subtlety in PVE at all. I've played my Rogue for many years now, and even though we are viable in PVE, I really don't feel like I'm playing a ROGUE anymore.

Assassination - This specs rotation is fine. It's not too simple, yet not complex so that it results in "tunnel-visioning". I would like to see this rotation left lone.

Combat - Revealing Strike needs to go. I feel like this ability was thrown in simply to make the rotation more complex, but it feels clunky and out of places. I also feel tying in 35% of our finisher damage to an ability that we don't even use before every finisher is a mistake. I'm fine with making the rotation more complex, but not with abilities that feel non-synergistic and out of place. Adding "reactive" abilities to the rotation seems like the way to go, as I will mention later in this post.

Subtlety - This rotation is too complex and not practical in most raid encounters. Removing Recuperate from the rotation and perhaps finding a way for Hemorrhage to become the sole PVE CP builder would likely solve this problem.

- Crit needs to be a more valuable stat.
- Ramp-up needs to be toned down for all three specs. Removing Bandit's Guile and making Deadly Poison stacking quicker/easier would help a lot.
- Finishers need to be more meaningful. They don't necessarily need to do more damage, but added effects (Ex: Talent: Your Eviscerate and Rupture abilities causes your next 3 Sinister Strikes to deal 100% more damage) would work wonders.
- More reactive abilities. We don't need more CP generators, we need "Overpower" type abilities. Perhaps allowing Deadly Poison ticks to have a small chance to allow a free, instant Ambush for Assassination and off hand attacks having a small chance to proc a free, instant Eviscerate for Combat.
- Overall just better identity. Move our passive damage into active sources, make openers and finishers stronger and more meaningful. Perhaps try to better utilize stealth in PVE. Make PVE'ers feel like ROGUES again.

- Combat Readiness (the CD share with Cloak of Shadows makes it useless in PVE)
- Rupture (worthless for Combat)
- All openers borderline worthless for Assassination and Combat in PVE.
- Expose Armor is worthless in PVE.
- Smoke Bomb is worthless in PVE.
- Deadly Throw is worthless in PVE.
Edited by Scamp on 10/4/2011 2:10 PM PDT
85 Undead Rogue
PvP

dungeons

RBGs and Arenas

I don't think rogues really have quality-of-life issue, but if I had to nit-pick, I'd say having to re-apply poisons every hour

Smoke Bomb and the Subtlety spec. I actually think rogues are in a good place right now, and just minor tweaks, or a couple of ability modifications are all that is needed to return the Rogue to it's former glory

I'm sure I will think of something once I hit the "submit" button; but right now I love being a rogue

I use assassination as my PvE spec, and I like the rotation

I would like to see someonething happen with wound poison, 10% healing reduction is nothing with the health pools we all have now. maybe make it stack up to 5 times. also how about combining crippling and mind numbing poisons into one poison. I would like to see diminishing returns go away and instead reduce the cooldown of the pvp trinket. Seperate CDs for claok of shadows and combat rediness, I know you want us to have to choose between the two, but other classes don't have to choose between attacking us with either melee or spells.
Expose armor, distract, pickpocket, Blind is on such a long CD, that I find myself not using it because I want to save it for later. Deadly Throw

100 Human Rogue

I mostly play PvE.

Heroics. I'm a shameless PUGer.

I really don't have any quality-of-life issues. I don't mind the fact that I have to buy poisons, they're only a couple copper each, and I generally remember to reapply them when necessary.

Being able to do at least my DPS share in groups (I consider >=25% my share).

I also love the fact that I can pick by battles through stealth, which lets me save time bypassing the mobs I don't need/want to fight. Having the ability to Vanish when a fight goes bad is awesome. It's my get-out-of-jail-free card.

I play a subtlety rogue in PvE (you may all laugh hysterically now). I really enjoy playing like this, but the fact is I have to heavily rely on others in my group to optimize my damage output. I like the Honor among Thieves buff, it lets me contribute a little bit to the group, but I don't like the fact that it's my main source of combo points. If someone in the group isn't doing enough critical damage, it's hurting the overall damage for two people, not one. I also feel that I'm too reliant on the buffs of my party members to perform well. Buffs should be a bonus to my overall damage, not be the main source of it.

One of the reasons I enjoy playing a subtlety rogue is the rotation. It's complex and I enjoy the challenge I get from it. I do wish that there is a suitable plan B to fall back on when I can't be in position to use my standard rotation. When I'm not in position, my damage plummets. It would be nice to have some ability that can be used and not lower my damage drastically while I get myself back into position to Backstab.

If combo points were generated on myself and not on the mob, making it easier to move from mob to mob, I would be the happiest rogue in the world.

I would also like it if the energy regeneration for sub rogues were improved a bit, either from Recuperate or Haste (my two main sources).

I remember reading in a thread somewhere about the possibility of having Shadowstep allow you to use stealth-reliant abilities for a split second after (you would have to use an opener immediately afterwards or you lose your chance, something like that). That would be cool, it would help keep Find Weakness on the target and Premeditation could then be used to generate much needed combo points.

I really don't understand the reason why Cloak of Shadows and Combat Readiness were put on the same cooldown. It would be nice if they weren't together anymore.

I know that if all of these were implemented at the same time it would probably overpower a rogue. Just having one of these happen will still make me happy as a clam, it doesn't really matter which.

Gouge and Smoke Bomb. I don't even know why I have Smoke Bomb on my bar, the only time I ever see it is when I'm fighting Hex Lord Malacrass, and I'm not even the one using it.

I don't use Envenom a lot either, but that just because of my spec.

Both.

All of the above.

Primarily random battlegrounds, but I also dabble in rated BGs and Arena.

Definitely the poisons.

The quick and agile feel of the class is what does it for me. Stealthing around is definitely nice, and we can choose our battles for the most part. Making epic escapes from waves of mobs or horde can be quite exhilarating.

The constant reality that we really bring no utility to raid that can't be trumped by another dps class. Tricks threat redirect is now nearly useless given the threat buff to tanks.

Also, having tricks of the trade tied to our tier bonuses which makes us dependent upon being in groups to utilize. While the tier bonuses themselves are great, making them effectively have 2 prerequisites, takes away from the feel of having a "bonus."

Also, very long ramp up time and target switching. This is more towards PvE, but I feel we are overly punished for having to switch targets.

I primarily raid as combat, and it definitely feels too reliant on spamming. Sinister strike isn't a very interesting ability and for the damage it deals, it costs too much energy and talent tree points.

Bandits Guile, while in theory works well, in practice it really doesn't. It takes way too long to ramp up and takes away from the feeling that I'm striking hard while striking fast.

Killing Spree, or better known as "Suicide Spree," also needs to be rethought. I like the idea of chain-shadowstepping while doing damage with both weapons, but it's become too dangerous to use in most raid encounters given that it causes you to lose control of your character for its duration.

Sinister Strike damaged buffed moderately with an added mechanic to make it more dynamic to use.

Rework Revealing Strike to a passive or other mechanic. It doesn't really "spice" up Combat's rotation, but just ads to its tedium.

New attack animations for melee attacks and abilities on top of the current that randomly show from time to time.

Make Improved Slice and Dice increase the duration of Slice and Dice by 50%/100% and remove the glyph so we can glyph for something else to improve our damage on single target.

Buff rupture, at least moderately so we're not just spamming Sinister Strike in raids.

Change the shared cooldown of Combat Readiness and Cloak of Shadows to trigger a "trinket" shared cooldown whereby if you use one, the other only goes on cooldown for 30 seconds instead of an entire 2 minutes.

Fix our overly inflated ramp up times due to Bandits Guile and Deadly Poison Stacks.

Make Lightning Reflexes increase attack speed by 3%/6%/9%, combat seems a bit "slow."

Remove Redirect from the game and let combo points stack on the rogue building them.

Return to the tradition of dual wielding swords/axes/maces instead of having to use a dagger in the offhand. I like my character and gear choices to look symmetrical, I.E. Mainhand Sword looks like Offhand Sword, etc... Also, please make more of these weapons types strap on the back instead of the belt/waist portion of our characters.

Add new enchants and enchant graphics. The current top performer "Landslide" has gotten boring. I long for the days when we used Mongoose and the proc/proc graphic that came with it. It actually looked like fantastic when it procced.

More benefit to a raid taking us in. As mentioned before, Tricks of the Trade isn't so special anymore with threat output from tanks being buffed.

Make Shadowstep baseline for all 3 specs. Great for mobility and uptime on encounters in PvE.

Also, and I must stress this greatly: Please make the Legendary Daggers not take so long for 10m raids to obtain as you did with the caster staff. While some 25m guilds are getting their second and third staffs, many if not all 10m guilds have yet to get their first. Please don't punish us Rogues that raid (at least not too much) for doing so in a 10m group.

Expose Armor, and Pick Pocket.
86 Goblin Rogue
PvP, occasional PvE

Heroics, some raids

BG's

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Making poisons similar to shaman weapon imbues (such as windfury, flametongue). I have to purchase the poisons, keep room for at least 5 stacks of them in my bags (read: one stack of each type), take time to apply them (this is minor, but hey, you said quality of life) and if I do not have them then I have to find someplace that does.

If you don't simply make them buffs then at least make it so that each and every vendor carries it. I don't know how many times I've been in xyz part of the game world only to find that there are no poison vendors around. Then I have to Wowhead/look up local poison vendors or hearth to Org. Hearthing to Org isn't a huge deal but with aging computers (and you want WoW to be accessible on MOST recent machines, don't you?) this can take upwards of 5 minutes, unnecessarily.

Stealth and ability to choose when to fight and when to flee (PvP). The ability to expertly CC and lock down mobs during combat (PvE).

Applying poisons (see above). Otherwise, nothing. Rogue is my favorite class to play after four years of playing alts. Good job.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Subtlety PvE rotation is fairly involved for the same amount of damage that the other two specs. I love playing Sub but for PvE I switch to Assassination due to it's relative simplicity; if Sub were simpler (read: not easier) to play then I would be more apprised to play it more often. An example would be having to keep multiple finishers in my rotation (Recup, SnD, Rupture and Evis) - I feel like I'm playing an Affliction Warlock without the luxury of being able to (mostly) sit still. But I love the survivability that Sub provides for PvP. Perhaps removing the shared cooldown from CoS and CR would help, but it's not a huge deal.

Plate armor... no
Shields... no
Ponies... no... well, yes ;)
Nothing really; address the poison problem and simplify the rotation for Sub and I'm a VERY happy rogue.

Shiv, I'm not sure that I've ever used the ability. Combat readiness, since it shares a cooldown with CoS. Expose armor, except for the odd solo of old content. Shoot/throw but I can see their usefulness for low levels I guess.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvPIf PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]both.
What makes playing your class more fun?ninja what els xD?.
What makes playing your class less fun?FRost mages hunters NPC tha can see me like in SW i dont mind having ncp at the starting place tha can see you it helps the low lvl not getting kill by a lvl 85.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)I currently love our "rotation
"What’s on your wish list for your class?Take back the shared CD for Cloak and combat rediness, or make the damage reduc not have to go from 1->5. Just make it instant and stop nerfing our ambush and backstab :D. Friendly shadowstep. :D Oh
. I want distract to actually distract someone. For example if i throw it on a healer while he's casting he gets interrupted. What spells do you use the least?I usually don't use combat rediness because Cloak is so important.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
:O and stop nerfing us so much wen you buff us just to nerf us later tha makes it less fun ( o btw if you nerf us again in patch 4.3 and then say tha the legendary dagger will balance it out pfft LOL only a few ppl will actually get it and thas not fair to the rest of us )
85 Human Rogue
Both

I do raids mostly

I PvP most of the time and when i do i do RBG's, BG's, and Arena's 2v2 and 3v3

I would say having to buy poisons that or the duration there on your weapon for that could be changed easily

I would say the amount of control we have and the amount of skill it takes to counter and enemy on what ever he does.

The damage i feel we don't do as much damage as we could but other then that i think were good

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I feel we don't have enough ability's because if you look at the main move's for sub you mostly use your on us trinket backstab, Recup, kidney shot, Ambush cheap shot, preparation, Premeditation there are like a few more but not worth mentioning because they are more about situation rather then rapidly using.

To increase the damage of Backstab by 10% also to increase the duration of Rupture(when speced into it) to increase the heal of Recuperate but 1% so you can not have to vanish and have to wait awhile to get your health up. Also a move like what warriors have the frenzied Regen or what ever i think every class should get that or just remove it from the game because that heals for lots of the warriors health.

i use probably Sinister strike the least because its a energy waister and it does little to no damage so there should be no point on even using it
73 Worgen Rogue

PvP Very little PvE

Raid when i get around to it and dungeons

Mostly Bg's trying RBG's and some arena if it wasn't so imbalanced

-Would like to see applying poisions instantly and not have to purchase them, rogues should already no how to make.

-All cooldowns should be 2min with the exception of Sprint it's fine where its at

-Being able to chose my fight
-Stealth
-arsenal of weapons at my disposal

-sorry this is only my opinion but currently 2 trees are strongly emphasized around daggers and i believe all trees should be multipurpose in weapons not just in daggers. I prefer swords/axes/fist weapons, yes you can use these in all three trees but there isn't any bonuses for them. You guys took the first step with ambush being usable with other weapons than just daggers. please adjust the rest of the rogue arsenal with the other 2 trees to match.

- Most of the time I do fine with rotations just wish some finishers function differently than they are now.

-Combat being more PvP viable having better talents in there to support pvp. (Reinforced Leather is Crap)
-All cooldowns 2mins except for Sprint it's fine
-Adrenaline rush should also reduce offensive global CD by .5 seconds during it's duration.
-instant poison needs to set some sort of Debuff indicating they have been poison to benefit from Savage combat.
-Sprint or Improved Sprint needs a 3-5sec immunity to roots and snares when used.
-Expose Armor should be an opener not a finisher
-Sinister Strike needs a major overhaul, Either make it similar to Hemorrhage energy wise and improved energy wise or Make it use both weapons like mutilate for 45 energy and improved to 40 energy.
-People should be able to choose what weapon for any spec they choose not just daggers and be able to support other weapons not only just daggers for all specs.

-backstab
-expose armor
-shiv (except for enrage dispel)
-ambush (use occasionally)
-feint
-pickpocket

My apologies for posting on low level character but I lost my main rogue like 4 years ago been plaing off and on with this one and my other lvl 85's.
85 Human Rogue

pvp

All

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could
be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Consolidate poisons into one bar ( Warlocks minion pet bar comes to mind ) to save room inside bags or increase it to 250 or so.

Being very very very very sneaky....and smelling feet ;)

Dealing with a 30 second Faerie Fire.

Subtlety rotation is fine.

Damage increase to Rupture.

Mana drain poison. ( gotta love wishes )

Faerie Fire nerf in pvp to maybe 10 seconds. Which will make a lot of rogues cry less about Cloak of Shadows and Combat Readines sharing a CD.

Shiv dispelling magic buffs from enemy targets. Chance on hit with poison or something clever.

Expose Armor
Deadly Throw

90 Human Rogue
PvP mostly now, would PVE if Combat felt more fluid

Arenas mostly./ some RBG

being a stealthy type, Rogue always been my fav. class

1)Being more of a Control class in arena than a Dmg dealer. I hate the fact i have to give up survivability to be able to do dmg(sub vs mut). 2)Hate being forced to use a OH dagger in combat spec when combat was great with 2 swords or 2 axes. Just to name a few that make it less fun for me

Assassination is fine for rotation, Combat doesn't feel as fluid. Sub is fine

to be honest to not have to choose between dmg vs survivability specs in pvp if at all possible :P. Would like to see crippling poison not so easily removed or like improving the proc rate on OH or improve Waylay. Would be nice to remove the CoS/Com Readiness sharing same cd but rather have my opponents not being able to easily get away from me from talents/cleans spells/transforms/procs than that. Can only shiv so much

Deadly throw, would use if it interrupted like back in the day
Expose armor, waste

90 Human Rogue

PvP, no PvE.

N/A.

Arenas and BG's.

Poisons, with all the inventory space they take up. This wouldn't be so bad if they stacked to more than 20, as it would be worth the slot to stack 50 or so of them.

When I can stand toe to toe with a warrior or death knight on my own, and generally popping out of stealth to say "hello".

When I can't do any damage to said death knight (See: Blood DK). My backstabs are pitiful versus physical characters, and Blood DK's just seem to outheal and outlast my CD's. No idea what to do here, standing toe to toe with them is generally a bad idea and ends up in a dead me. That's what vanish is for, right?

Also, since I'm in love with the way assassination works, I hated to see it go with Cata's release. I'd like to see a way that Assass won't be kited so heavily, such as a undispellable slow.

Sub, right now in PvP, has one major button: backstab. I want a reason to stack mastery as Sub, too, instead of trying to avoid it.

A poison belt bag, a special bag for rogues to hold poisons. Also, a way to get past that pesky blood DK.

Pickpocket, Expose armor, Envenom (lol we need spellpen for this, wat), Rupture, SnD.
85 Human Rogue

Both

Raids

Arena

There aren't many, if anything its keeping stock of poison and keeping all my weapons poisoned, something that i use addons to keep track of.

Kicking lightning storms. Please add more lighting storms.

In PVE, being told i dont bring much to a raid. In PVP, fighting Mages.

As assasination it feels smooth and flowing. as Sub its clunky, hard to maintain and keep track of.

Rouges need, need, need, need better mobility in pvp. slows and freezes can lock a rogue out of any contribution in an arena match.

Gouge, Combat readiness since the nerf, wound poison.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]