Class Feedback – Rogue

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Rogue
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs and Arenas

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
not having to make posions any more, i used to love doing that, having to go and find/buy the matts to make a very deadly addition to my class felt great, now i just have to go to a vendor. can somemone say boring?

What makes playing your class more fun?
sneaking around unnoticed and just dealing a ton of damage then disapearing away

What makes playing your class less fun?
the lack of use of our thrown weapons. i would like more of an emphasis on this.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
i like the rotation in assassination. fairly simple but it comes down to timeing of when you kick and gouge and blind that makes the deciding factors of a fight.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
more emphasis on ranged weapons. not like hunters but the ability to spec more towords ranged attacks in addition to daggers

What spells do you use the least?
expose armor, deadly throw(would like to use this more if made worth my while)
100 Night Elf Rogue
Focus on PvE, but still a considerable amount of PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Non heroic Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP?
Tol Barad, World PvP and Arenas

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Being (one of) the least survivable melee class in a raid. When mobs do AoE damage I feel like a liability. I understand that this is to give healers something else to do but... it's trash... in a non heroic raid... Also, long discussion about rotation below. Also, PvP gear is better than PvE gear in many slots. Of course this leads to the "why are you wearing 2 PvP items?.."

Stuns. Living in North Recount. Mostly though, having an ability that is actually useful during an encounter.

Pally bubbles. Though it's fun to blind them in there. Dying to trash AoE.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Assassination: Clunky. Constantly having to decide if I should go for a 2 count rupture or hold out for more CPs. Then turn around and have to take a 2-3 count Envenom to refresh S&D, then I have to get rupture back up then maybe I can get a 4-5 point envenom in. All this while dodging fire. I prefer to use a "priority" system rather than a set rotation. Wouldn't want to change any of that. Rotations are boring. EJ has a chart that shows relation between actions (2 point envenom, energy capping for 1 second, etc) and estimated damage loss. The chart is meant to show you which is the lesser of two evils when making decision like this. I live in this chart.

Deadly throw breaks pally bubble.

Expose Armor - Never used. Always covered by other classes. Smoke bomb isn't even on my PvE bar and rarely used in PvP because it doesn't work. If I could drop a smoke bomb, break combat with whoever is targeting me, then stealth, totally. But they just keep me targeted and wait five seconds. Breaking combat outside of the smoke would create an awesome tactical dilemma. Either close with me to maintain combat or I stealth again. Maybe do the same for PvE - use it to regain stealth for Overkill. Maybe. May not be worth it to drop off target for 3 seconds for the buff.
85 Human Rogue
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvP, little PvE except to get specific gear

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

All types of PvP

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Ramp up time is really awful for both combat and assassination specs. I feel like the game has in a good way become more complex, and as a result rapid and well timed target swapping is less of a nice to and more of a need to ability in both PvP and PvE. Unfortunately, however, for two out of three trees this results in crippling dps drops due to our ramp up time. As combat this is extremely frustrating in PvP since the most important part of being a damage dealer in pvp is picking your moment to apply all the damage you possibly can. The way combat works right now, this essentially just cycles in and out giving you no control and frequently offers you no benefit since the time you need to apply burst just is not in sync with bandit's guile. Assassination similarly suffers when switching targets since your first mutilate or two will deal 20% less damage and you will need to build up DP stacks for envenom.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

Absolutely bar none the most important thing for me is having multiple specs to play that are actually viable for both PvP and PvE. I know this gets hard to balance but it really was one of the big promises of cataclysm and part of the impetus for gutting the trees down to 31 points and removing hybrid specs if I recall.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

PvP viability being limited to one tree of our three. There are certainly tweaks and balances that can be made to allow viability in PvP without destroying PvE balance. Just about every pure dps class has been forced into using the same one spec for PvP for the entire expansion now after being told that one of the great things about Cataclysm would be that all three trees would finally be viable in both PvP and PvE- that having a spec for PvP and another for PvP would be a thing of the past.... this is not cool blizzard -_-

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
This takes me back to bandit's guile, which is of course when I should use my burst if I want it to hurt someone. The ramp up time is TOO LONG for combat to be viable in PvP. This could easily be balanced simply by making bandit's guile ramp up after less sinister strikes/revealing strikes, merely hastening the cycle rather than making it stronger. Since this would change the ratio of time spent in 0%/10%/20%/30% damage boost in favor of the 30% time; an equivalent duration nerf to the 30% boost time (I believe it is 15 seconds now) could balance out this change to leave DPS unaffected while making combat much for viable for PvP, and far less complained about in PvE.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
Major changes to bandits guile, restless blades working off slice and dice and kidney

# What spells do you use the least?

*Expose armor, used to be one of my favorites- now its so bad that people won't even use it if it costs them zero combo points, AND zero energy (mutilate rogues if they are silly enough to waste two talent points)

*Mind numbing poison- the mechanics for this are outdated, no one really casts except healers and wound poison has become to necessary for damage to use anything else in pvp (was this ever used in pve?)
Edited by Mcsaer on 10/12/2011 11:15 AM PDT
•What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVP man !!!!! thats what we were made for!!!!!!!!

•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

heroics and raids dudes we should have an incress to energy regen during pve

•If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

all pvp!!!!!!! have a rated battle ground finder that requires a certain item lvl to join i hate having new 85 being noobs in MY bgs.......

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Poison cost very little, like 45 copper. SO can we PLZ!!! have a tab for a rouge to add poison, like a death knights rune forgeing

•What makes playing your class more fun?

beening sneaky, running around and sapping people and leaving (gets them scared lol)

•What makes playing your class less fun?

SLOW ENERGY!!!!!!!!!!!! (any thing out side of assasination

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

pretty much yes

•What’s on your wish list for your class?

a super starter that does a good amount of energy that isnt ambush
can deadly throw interupt plz?

•What spells do you use the least?

whats SHIV for???? useless!!!!!!!
sinister stike
smoke bomb
85 Goblin Rogue

As a rogue, I like to do both equally.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids (although I only raid on my resto druid, I would really like to raid on my rogue), heroics, dailies.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BGs, Arenas.

Always running out of poisions, stacks of 20 don't seem to be enough.

The simple and fun things like Pick Pocket (I enjoy the gold, and finding little unique things like [Spare Hand], [Lucky Charm], it makes the game more interesting to me), and Lock Picking. Other major class specific abilites make me enjoy playing my Rogue like Sap, Stealth/Vanish, Sprint, Poisons, Stuns, and Openers. Love 'em all.

Not being able to raid as easily as my Resto Druid. Mut energy starvation.

Combat is decent, I tend to forget when I have Blade Flurry on sometimes, which gets annoying. Mutilate ramp up time seems too slow. I don't play Subtlety so I can't say anything about that.

Raid utility, better mutilate energy regen and ramp up time, better Pick Pocket loot.

Expose Armor, Shiv, Combat Readiness, Smoke Bomb, Deadly Throw.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]