How do you solo Tempest Keep

100 Night Elf Druid
As Feral druid - I am trying to figure it out.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Yeah I saw a moonkin video apparently he killed Alar to make sure his room is clear too. I read a wowhead comment about a feral druid who solo'd it but I don't know which one it is and knowing it's possible I want to test it out too.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

o.O

now i'm intrigued...
Reply Quote
i would think that the disorient would be a big problem on kael after you kill the 4 adds?
yea theres the staff buff, but then i should think breaking the shield and interrupting pyroblast would become a problem
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
i would think that the disorient would be a big problem on kael after you kill the 4 adds?
yea theres the staff buff, but then i should think breaking the shield and interrupting pyroblast would become a problem

It would take some staff / mace switching for buffs and a lot of room / line of sight but hell the hard part isn't kael - just those 4 adds. I saw a moonkin doing it but like I said trying to figure out how a feral would go about it.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
He doesn't disorient while casting the Pyroblast spell, however, so you should be able to switch to a standard weapon while tunneling through the shield.

A comment I saw on one solo video was to swap between the staff for the fear/disorient on-equip immunity and the mace, which has a 30 second fire/shadow damage reduction buff on your healing target. So, equip mace, cast heal, equip staff, /use staff, repeat 30 seconds later.

Now that I'm reminded, I might have to try this...maybe pick up the Mirror of Broken Images to help out.
Edited by Bloodfeud on 9/3/2011 1:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I don't think you can do it feral. But maybe balance.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
If Ret can do it (watching a video now), Feral should be able to manage it -- at a minimum, take a lot less damage and don't have to worry about interrupts compared to moonkin,
Edited by Bloodfeud on 9/3/2011 12:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Couple of feral videos out there. One had an interesting point: when you pull Kael out of his room and get him to the P5, he turns and runs back to his room to emote. During that run, you are free to burn him, as long as you can keep up. So, Dash and Stampeding Roar with your normal weapon equipped = heavy damage.
Edited by Bloodfeud on 9/3/2011 1:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
95 Tauren Druid
For the 4 adds:
Kill Thaladred/Telonicus in Solarian's room. Kill Capernian a little outside that room, Kill Sanguinar in the hallway to loot reaver's room.
When they all rez, be at Sanguinar and kill him with your normal weapon. Switch to the legendary staff and use it before capernian gets there (sanguinar should be dead). Hit capernian next to a wall so you don't get knocked back, kill her than Telonicus. Wait out the remote toy debuff while healing yourself, then switch back to your normal weapon and go kill Thaladred. This way you're only dealing with, at worst, 2 adds at a time. Makes the phase much easier.

Then phase 4 just try and keep the mace buff up between disorients, and slowly burn him to 50%.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
09/03/2011 01:31 PMPosted by Bloodfeud
Couple of feral videos out there. One had an interesting point: when you pull Kael out of his room and get him to the P5, he turns and runs back to his room to emote. During that run, you are free to burn him, as long as you can keep up. So, Dash and Stampeding Roar with your normal weapon equipped = heavy damage.

If you can could you link a few of these videos.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I just searched Youtube, solo Kael'thas druid.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Well, that's annoying.

Just gave soloing Kael a go, and was doing fine until the Cosmic Infuser despawned on me.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Well, that's annoying.

Just gave soloing Kael a go, and was doing fine until the Cosmic Infuser despawned on me.

Ah did you fight for 15 minutes after the weapons phase - what % did you get Kael to or did it despawn as you looted?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Despawned as I looted the weapon corpses -- actually, more than just the mace disappeared, also noticed the giant axe vanished.

And this wasn't a matter of time, since the weapon corpses despawned even before the sub-bosses ressed. As a result, couldn't pick the necessary weapons up.

Might try again later, maybe as moonkin this time.
Edited by Bloodfeud on 9/4/2011 4:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Do you even need the mace buff? A well timed SI would be up for all 3 if your DPS is slow and I can't imagine it taking long enough to get a second round of them if you Zerk him as soon as you can.

The big thing would be positioning the adds to where you don't get overwhelmed when the res.
Reply Quote
10 Orc Shaman
I tried this the other week, the doors leading out of the bridge closed. :( Is there something special that needs to be done to not have the doors lock?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Have to run out while Kael is in his initial speech yammering about power -- if you wait until a mob activates, the gates close
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]