A lifetime Quel'dorei player (five years), I'm quitting the game this week due to time constraints. On this server, I've always heard people complain about a perceived lack of skilled/nice players, but I've always disagreed. So to thank everyone for being part of this vibrant server community, I'm planning on donating my small 320k fortune to Quel'dorei players on Thursday, September 8 at 1:00 p.m. Pacific Time (3:00 p.m. Server Time). I will be giving the gold away in 1k increments.
First of all, before anyone flames, this is NOT a scam. You don't have to give me any passwords, or collateral, or anything -- all you have to do is show up. The event will be held in the southern end of Orgrimmar's Valley of Honor, near the end of The Drag. Please read the rules below if you would like to receive your 1k gold -- if you don't follow them and become a pest (i.e. trading me constantly), I may not give you anything.
1. This is meant to help the people of Quel'dorei in need of some serious gold. I remember the months it took me to farm for epic mount training in BC, and even though mount prices are way cheaper nowadays, there are still people trying to farm and grind gold for whatever purpose. So if you're sitting on a pretty solid nest egg (5k+) and are just hoping to accumulate gold for the heck of it, I ask that you sit this one out.
2. When the time comes, I will announce in trade that the event is beginning. At that point, please whisper me "invite" to get a raid invite. Note that you must be level 10 or above to join a raid, so you must be higher than that to participate.
3. DO NOT TRADE ME. I will trade each person, one-by-one. After you have received your gold, I will put you on ignore (to prevent duplicates) and remove you from the group. Once everyone in the raid has received their share I will repeat the process -- please be patient if you are not invited the first few times around.
4. Despite the ignores there's no way for me to stop you from going to an alt and collecting more gold. Though I can't enforce this, it would be polite to just be thankful for your 1k and let others get their fair share.
5. I will keep distributing until I run out, period. If there aren't enough people I will increase the payout, but I don't expect this to happen.
6. Due to the high volume I expect to show up, please don't do anything that will create more lag -- i.e. AOE casts, train noises, etc.
7. I will not distribute before the alotted time slot, so please do not ask.
Please spread the word to your friends, guilds, etc. I look forward to seeing you all there! Let me know if you have any questions by posting below.
Joeystarone (a.k.a. Orialin, Micavus, and Varaug
P.S. By the "If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day; if you teach a man to fish, he'll eat for all his life" doctrine, I made my gold over about 6 months of serious work through Jewelcrafting, Inscription, and Enchanting, in that order. Think of it like manufacturing: buying ores in massive quantities to prospect, and then using all the byproducts to make gems, necklaces, etc. that you can sell on the AH with the help of several neat addons (mainly, Auctioneer and TradeSkillMaster). I learned my techniques at justmytwocopper.org, which also has a great forum where you can ask questions, but any google search of gold-making methods will give you similar tips. I have never bought gold or used bots in my life.