320k Giveaway: Quitting the game (9/8/11)

85 Undead Mage
Hello everyone.

A lifetime Quel'dorei player (five years), I'm quitting the game this week due to time constraints. On this server, I've always heard people complain about a perceived lack of skilled/nice players, but I've always disagreed. So to thank everyone for being part of this vibrant server community, I'm planning on donating my small 320k fortune to Quel'dorei players on Thursday, September 8 at 1:00 p.m. Pacific Time (3:00 p.m. Server Time). I will be giving the gold away in 1k increments.

First of all, before anyone flames, this is NOT a scam. You don't have to give me any passwords, or collateral, or anything -- all you have to do is show up. The event will be held in the southern end of Orgrimmar's Valley of Honor, near the end of The Drag. Please read the rules below if you would like to receive your 1k gold -- if you don't follow them and become a pest (i.e. trading me constantly), I may not give you anything.

1. This is meant to help the people of Quel'dorei in need of some serious gold. I remember the months it took me to farm for epic mount training in BC, and even though mount prices are way cheaper nowadays, there are still people trying to farm and grind gold for whatever purpose. So if you're sitting on a pretty solid nest egg (5k+) and are just hoping to accumulate gold for the heck of it, I ask that you sit this one out.
2. When the time comes, I will announce in trade that the event is beginning. At that point, please whisper me "invite" to get a raid invite. Note that you must be level 10 or above to join a raid, so you must be higher than that to participate.
3. DO NOT TRADE ME. I will trade each person, one-by-one. After you have received your gold, I will put you on ignore (to prevent duplicates) and remove you from the group. Once everyone in the raid has received their share I will repeat the process -- please be patient if you are not invited the first few times around.
4. Despite the ignores there's no way for me to stop you from going to an alt and collecting more gold. Though I can't enforce this, it would be polite to just be thankful for your 1k and let others get their fair share.
5. I will keep distributing until I run out, period. If there aren't enough people I will increase the payout, but I don't expect this to happen.
6. Due to the high volume I expect to show up, please don't do anything that will create more lag -- i.e. AOE casts, train noises, etc.
7. I will not distribute before the alotted time slot, so please do not ask.

Please spread the word to your friends, guilds, etc. I look forward to seeing you all there! Let me know if you have any questions by posting below.

Sincerely,
Joeystarone (a.k.a. Orialin, Micavus, and Varaug

P.S. By the "If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day; if you teach a man to fish, he'll eat for all his life" doctrine, I made my gold over about 6 months of serious work through Jewelcrafting, Inscription, and Enchanting, in that order. Think of it like manufacturing: buying ores in massive quantities to prospect, and then using all the byproducts to make gems, necklaces, etc. that you can sell on the AH with the help of several neat addons (mainly, Auctioneer and TradeSkillMaster). I learned my techniques at justmytwocopper.org, which also has a great forum where you can ask questions, but any google search of gold-making methods will give you similar tips. I have never bought gold or used bots in my life.
Edited by Joeystarone on 9/7/2011 8:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
2 Undead Warlock
Is there gonna be a night giveaway maybe for all of us that work during the day??
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Unfortunately not. But I do urge you to look up methods to "play the AH" with your professions. I usually make 5-10k a day without a ton of effort once my system is set up.
Reply Quote
44 Undead Warlock
It's nice to know that there are people like you still out there, willing to help and share your knowledge. VERY generous of you too, I hope people will respect the rules you have outlined and be appreciative of free gold. I may or may not be on when you are handing it out so thank you for restoring some of my faith in the community. Wish you the best of luck wherever you go :)
Reply Quote
VERY generous of you [...] Wish you the best of luck wherever you go :)

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It is pretty generous, as most people that leave usually dump all their gold on their best buddies that stay on the server.
Reply Quote
12 Troll Shaman
Question: If distributing your wealth to people leveling up is your thing, how do you feel about spreading some wealth on Alliance. I already have 130k myself and rising fast, so I have no need for 1k, but I'd get kick out of flying around random zones and giving random folks 25-50-100g.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
I would love to distribute to both factions but, unfortunately, I don't have the time to work that out. I'm quitting so suddenly because I'm leaving for school in less than a week, so I'd prefer to not spend my last few days working out cross-faction logistics. :(

Good idea though!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Legit, thanks and gl irl.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Thanks a lot Joey :) good luck in your life
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Had an awesome time today! Actually ended up giving 320 people 1k each...was surpised how many people there are on this server when you can get them to show up to something!

Also did some neat events afterwards. Put 300 glyphs on the AH for 1c each, gave some people gems and enchant mats that couldn't make it, then did a joke contest at the very end -- grand prize, a BoE epic tailoring pants worth 3.2k. (Second prize was 1.5k, Third place 500g). Sean won with "You know you're playing WoW too much when your microwave goes 'Ding' and you say 'Thanks'." He was followed by Scottsturn and Harryhood.

Was an amazing server to play on for so long. Good luck at everything, Quel'dorei!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Before I end my account payment I wanted to add links to these screenshots, for anyone interested.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/3513/89200995.png

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/2065/69134864.png
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]