• PvE only.

09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
  • If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• HM Raiding, 6-9 hours a week.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• N/A

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Not being able to DPS in frost presence.

On the positive side, permanent death runes and the removal of blood strike were a welcome change.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Frost (and DK spells in general) are fun, and appropriate to the class and the lore.

Having a lot of great utility spells and defensive cooldowns to help reduce the amount of healing I need in some PvE encounters.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• While every DPS class is subject to RNG in fights, frost output is especially hindered by the random nature of both killing machine and runic empowerment.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Runic Empowerment makes this especially difficult, you should be rewarded for doing things correctly, not being forced to autoattack for extended periods of time because you had a string of bad luck.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Some useful, non exploitative uses for Dark Simulacrum.
    Upgraded runeforges could be a lot of fun.

• What spells do you use the least?
  • [/ul]

Dark Simulacrum, Icy Touch.
    85 Tauren Death Knight
    Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PVP - because Blood is horrible

• Heroics

• Battlegrounds

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• All of the Blood QOL issues are outlined in The Blood Thread. I'm hoping you guys have read it.
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2549106475

• Tanking without a shield

• Reactive mitigation; it's been called active mitigation, but that's not accurate.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Again, outlined in The Blood Thread.
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2549106475

• Honestly, I wish that Frost had been chosen as the tanking tree. If I were to wish for anything it would be that.

• Heart Strike, Necrotic Strike, Plague Strike
    Edited by Ebon on 9/12/2011 11:56 AM PDT
    85 Gnome Death Knight
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raids (10man)

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Arenas(3v3)

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    RuneForging requiring you to be in the Death Knight starter zone is kind of an annoying tidbit.
    Lack of Vanilla PVP gear set is another annoying thing :P

Blood Strike missing is also annoying but it comes with how we are expected to gear this expansion. There just isnt room for hit / exp anymore.

What makes playing your class more fun?
    The reactive nature of your rotations and the cooldowns we have

What makes playing your class less fun?
    as far as blood goes i think its in a good spot.
    frost i feel doesn't have enough survival abilities (it previously had to good of survival)

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Blood DK rotation makes perfect sense and is fun.
    Frost you find yourself making intelligent decisions on if you should wait for obliterate or use frost strike.
    Unholy i felt was a bit chaotic with a poor interface design for how many things were being taken into account. you had your ghoul, your dots, your DT stacks, runic power, runes. seemed i had to work through a ton of addons and playing it with the default user interface was a bit rough.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
    First off an easier way to maintain diseases. pestilence is good but having to cast it twice is annoying. if you just make it effect the target you cast it on too and problem solved. cause as it stands you press icy touch, plague strike, pest, then next time you cast pestilence twice and have to cycle through 2 targets. just seems Wonked to me. i would prefer it to be spottieottiedopaliscious.
    what i'd like to see is better graphics for the abilities in general maybe not even just for this classes but for all to give more distinction. also the inclusion of crimson scourge into another talent cause those benefits are important but cannot be obtained with an acceptable Death Knight Tank build in my opinion.

What spells do you use the least?
    Festering strike (literally never) as frost or blood i did use it as unholy pve in 4.1.
    Edited by Cutesybutton on 9/12/2011 11:57 AM PDT
    90 Orc Death Knight
    1.What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    Both

2.If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raids

3.If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Rated BGs, Arena

4.What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Life is pretty good being a dk

5.What makes playing your class more fun?
    The randomness of runes

6.What makes playing your class less fun?
    No stuns except for your pet and no fears plus the only really good cc we have can global us if interupted

7.How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I love that dks use priority

8.What’s on your wish list for your class?
    A stun or fear also bring back corpse explosion :D

9.What spells do you use the least?
    Blood Boil
    90 Blood Elf Death Knight
    What type of content do you focus on?
    PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
    raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    My ability to battle res someone with 20% health is a hindrance more often than it is useful.

-Not having a pet to worry about (Blood/Frost)
    -Being able to compensate for having awful healers by being incredibly good at this game (Blood.... when 4.3 comes around at least)
    -Hitting like a car (Frost)
    -Having an appropriate number of GCDs for using all resources and maybe casting Horn of Winter once every minute (Shadowfrost 2H), but not afking while waiting for runes to respawn (normal Frost) or having too many resources to use them all quickly enough, depending on RNG (Unholy).

-Target switching being a nightmare (Outbreak does not solve Majordomo, Beth'tilac, Rhyolith).
    -RNG alone (KM proc amount, KM proc timing, Rime procs, Runic Empowerment procs, FC procs) accounting for a 50% difference in damage between myself and another Frost DK on a given fight, despite the fact that we're both performing well.
    -DS parry, DS parry, dead (Blood, fixed in 4.3 I hope)
    -Boss hits for 100k. UF runes about to come off cooldown! Boss hits for 100k again; dead (Blood)
    -Having some of the most complicated rotations in the game (mostly Frost) and four different resources to worry about at the same time.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    -Frost is just terrible, mainly because KM Obliterates are much bigger than KM Frost Strikes. It's ridiculously frustrating when you go to spend some RP on a FS and a KM appears on your screen right as you press the button.
    -Shadowfrost was INCREDIBLY enjoyable for me. That's where you completely drop Obliterate and spend all runes on HB/DnD/PS in favor of maximizing RP generation for FS. I might go back to it if I get a Heroic Sulfuras, because it wasn't THAT BAD on the damage meters. The rotation was much less RNG dependent than regular Frost, because KM proc timing doesn't matter when you only use them on FS's, and you can easily control your Runic Empowerment procs by only using 1-rune abilities and leaving an Unholy rune active.
    -Unholy just has too much ramp-up time, and it's awful on target-switching. It's also painfully annoying when your hardest hitting ability costs 1 rune and you have 6 of them active because of chain RE procs.
    -Blood will be fine when DS heal/shield can't miss, using Blood runes isn't necessary for Blade Barrier, Outbreak has a 30 second CD, and Rune Tap has the effective healing/mitigation of a Death Strike (for those double boss hits when your UF runes are cooling still).

-OBLIVION strike, which is like scourge strike except it uses 2 unholy runes and hits harder and has a cool sound effect. SS is so girly.
    -Buff 2H frost (or Frost's Mastery) a tiny bit so I can use Shadowfrost spec again. It was so much funnnnn
    -Make FS benefit more (or OB benefit less) from KM procs, so they are roughly equal in prioritization and unlucky KM procs won't make me want to cut myself. That alone would fix the regular frost rotation for me.
    -The stuff Blood is getting in 4.3. Did you say Rune Tap = DS heal/shield too? If so, then that's everything I suggested two patches ago. Good work, I can tank again!

Blood boil is just awful. AWFUL. Blood strike - does that ability still exist? Dark Simulacrum - I guess this is pretty much in the same boat as Necrotic Strike as a PvP-only ability, but it would be cool if we could steal some useful abilities (rather than doing an extra 80k damage in P1 of Ragnaros, when damage doesn't matter at all).
    91 Draenei Death Knight
    -PvE, sometimes PvP.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other
    -Raids, mostly.

If PvP, what type of PvP?]
    -Random Battlegrounds, and very rarely Rated BG's.

-Not having a closer for PvE. I understand how powerful Death Grip can be for PvP and tanks, but as a dps, having no closer on fights like Shannox, where rogues and warriors are able to follow the dogs easily, I feel very inferior.

-Being able to choose which dps spec I want to use. Sure one may be very slightly better than the others, but they're all very close, allowing me to pick what I like.

-Honestly, the lack of Strength One-Handers. I'm glad you even put them in the game, of course, but to create a situation like Firelands where our ONLY 378 weapon option is off of trash, is a bit ludicrous (btw, my guild has seen ONE Obsidium Cleaver since Firelands launched). I feel ashamed to be using the weapons I am, but simply because of their damage and dps stats and because there's no easy access to 378 Strength dps weapons, they're the superior choice.

-I'm perfectly fine with the rotation/priority. The amount of procs in the Frost Dual Wield spec makes me stay on my toes more so than, say, if I were an Arcane Mage.

-A PvE non-taunt closer, and a crowd control spell. I would have said an on-use threat reduction, but the threat changes have been working well so far (Thanks!!).

-The only offensive ability I really wouldn't use in any spec is Blood Strike. Other than that, each spec has it's unique abilities that, while they work well for that spec, are useless to the others, which I think is a very good model. It keeps the specs different and fresh. It's also worth mentioning Hungering Cold is gathering a considerable amount of dust since it was changed. At least make a glyph or talent to reduce/eliminate the cast time. As well, Dark Simulacrum is completely untouched in 99.999% of PvE encounters (That 0.001% is the two fights in Zul'Gurub).
    85 Night Elf Death Knight

i focus mainly on PvE content, mostly reg mode 10ms, with some heroic raiding.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

id say that my biggest issue atm s the Dk brez, i've had to brez our druid healer( he not terrible quik on hammers) several times, and several of those times he has died immediately after accpting the rez, im not saying u should add a glyph tht maks it 100% life, but somthing higher then 20% would be nice.

i love the feel of the death knight class, from a lore stand point, and a game play stand point, i love the resource system and how it fuels itself instead of generating a resource to use it, u use a resource to generate a resource, the regenerates the 1st resource. i also love the idea of self healing, although its a bit more complex atm then i would like, i like being melee, always have always will, and i like having that magical aspect to the class that a warrior wouldnt hav.

right now i would say Dk tanking is not as enjoyable as it was in wrath wen i fell in love with it, you have a overly complex reactive dmg midagation system, complete with a slew of tanking CDs you hav to manage, while ur playing rune tetris, and all the other responsibilities of a tank. on top of tht Dk AOE is not as fun as i remember, i miss the overpowered 3 rune DnD (not the 3 rune part of it, just the OP part) tht u could keep up and sustain 4 long AOE fights, with only about 5 sec gap, all in all i think moving to blood boil as our primary AOE took away from the aspect of the class tht i loved. the last thing about the class tht i dnt lik is tht most of their spells and abilities dnt hav very noticeable visuals, it took me 10mins of smaking a target dummy to see wht rune strike looked like, Heart strike is alright, even though it is small, and as far as i know death strike still doesnt hav a visual, and if it does, i cnt see it.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

all in all i am very unsatisfied w/ my rotation, blood seems so backward and weird from when i remember it, i dnt lik tht fact tht blood runes r only used for AOE, and from wht i hear from the changes they wnt be used at all in 4.3, i dnt lik tht i hav to sacrifice dmg midagation to do somthing lik reapply bone sheild, or drop a DnD, or re apply diseases. another thing i dnt like about the rotation is the randomness of the Runic empowerment system, which ultimately leads to the rune tetris.

as unlikely as it is tht i will ever see the Dk class get a charge i would still love one, i know we have DG, but DG doesnt always wurk on mobs, and somtimes its bttr to move to said mob then it is to move the mob to u, thts just me though, and i know its terrible unlikly to see happen, but i just wanted to get the idea out there. another thing tht i do feel lik i hav to address again would be a glyph four our Brez, it doesn't even ahv to be 100% lik the druid one, just something higher then 20%, something some1 can get still get hit w/ an AOE and live from, at least long enuf 4 the healers to react. another thing on my wish list would be some form of AOE tht uses runic power, this would also help th mak the Dk AOE rotation mor interesting and interactive, rather then just spam BB, and hope tht holds them, u could spam BB, then cont on by dumping the RP u just gained. another thing i dnt like is the rune weapon chants tht Dks have, pretty much u hav 1 rune u use for PvE (tanking or DPSing) and then PvP u hav a few options u can use, but 4 the most part every1 chooses the same one ( Fallen Crusader, or occasionaly Sword Shatter, 4 PvP) since their is no way to predict whether ur going to fight a melee or caster, and then cinderglacier(spelled tht wrong) is all but useless, along w/ lichbane, all in all i just wish u would ahve done more w/ tht system, since it is one of the cooler aspects of the Dk class, we even ahv a quest devoted to it in our strting area.

blood strike, i fell tht u could hav done somthing w/ tht, and from wht i understand it is now not used by ny DK spec
    necrotic strike, tht is mostly cuz im blood and i dnt pvp tht much
    Dark simulacrum, this is in my top 10 most loved spells, i just dnt get to use it tht much since i dnt kno wht i can use it on, it would be nice if u added some kind of system or somthing tht tells use wht we can and can not use it to steal (for PvE)
    Death Grip, i find mor and mor mobs r immune to it now, and after a while i kinda 4 get i hav it at all.

thts tht really ty 4 reading this, i hope i was helpful.
    PS. sorry 4 the type-Os and the l33t speak.
    80 Blood Elf Paladin
    What type of content do you focus on? Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? Bit of both.

If PvP, what type of PvP? Arena and BGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For Blood, DS missing. For Unholy, pet AI. The fact that I need a macro to untoggle Claw so I can Gnaw is extremely annoying.
    What makes playing your class more fun? Lots of micromanagement as Blood and ghoul micro as Unholy.

What makes playing your class less fun? Buggy pet AI, extremely weak to non-caster pressure. Unholy also has a lot of ramp up time to do damage in PvP.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) It seems fine, however I feel PvP is NS spam oriented due to how powerful the spell is.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Pet AI that's on par with Hunters, a cooldown that benefits allies, whether it's specific (Master's Call) or AoE (Rallying Cry, Divine Guardian, etc)

What spells do you use the least? Blood Strike.
    90 Orc Death Knight
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]: PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]: Heroic mode progression raiding(25 man)

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?: My number one issue is blood tap only refreshing the first blood/death rune in the pair regardless of it being full or empty. At the very least blood tap should activate the second rune in the pair assuming the first rune is full and the second rune is not.
    The other issue is the RNG factor to playing frost. There have been times when I've gone through a full minute worth of combat and have never had a rime proc from obliterate, which means my runic power generation is way lower than it should be. The lack of runic power in turn means that I'm left with huge gaps in my rotation where I basically just sit there auto-attacking until my runes refresh, on top of having to spend a single frost rune to refresh frost fever instead of using it for an obliterate because i wasn't lucky enough to get a free howling blast proc in 32 seconds of combat. This isn't a common occurrence but it does happen every now and again and is extremely frustrating. Overall though the spec plays fairly well, but RNG still plays a huge part in the dps we put out in the end.

What makes playing your class more fun?:I enjoy playing a class that relies constantly on making judgement calls as to what button should be pressed next to maximize my DPS rather than sticking to a strict "rotation." Rime and Killing Machine procs are what make frost a fun spec for me to play. I also prefer playing with the lower GCD from unholy presence over frost presence, although it seems silly that frost death knights do so.

What makes playing your class less fun?:Getting bad RNG and having nothing to do but auto-attack while runes regen.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?: It's very enjoyable and fairly smooth. The delay between the time your obliterate lands and the time it registers a rime proc can be frustrating at times. The possibility of wasting a rime proc due to the time it takes for the server to process the information and send it back to the client is much higher due to the fact that frost DKs are playing in unholy presence now with the GCD being so much faster.

What’s on your wish list for your class?: Making blood tap work correctly, having DW frost be spell hit capped to be in-line with 2h frost and unholy DKs, making blood a more enjoyable spec to play(death strike spam is not fun), finding a way for frost to be less dependent on RNG to sustain dps during an encounter.

What spells do you use the least?: in no particular order; necrotic strike, icy touch, dark simulacrum, death strike, rune strike
    100 Worgen Death Knight
    PvE

Mostly Raids with Heroics during the beginning of a patch to cap VP

N/A

Raid utility sharing a resource cost with my dps resources. Having to wait for 15-20 seconds to build runic power for Raise Ally or sitting on an rune to be able to pop AMZ during fights with AoE bursts. Also pets not scaling properly with certain stats.

The 1 second GCD and the constant flow to resources with which to make choices.

I like the UH rotation being a steady and constant flow of abilities. I dislike how Frost has to work around a 45% proc with two differing attacks competing for the same buff.

Ghouls and Gargoyles scaling properly with critical strike rating and possible a small damage buff to Scourge Strike. Runic Empowerment being removed or completely overhauled since workarounds have already been put in place to deal with it in the Unholy and Frost trees.

Most any of the skills in the Blood tree and many in the Frost due to having no use to Unholy spec.
    85 Orc Death Knight
    PvE

Raids, 7/7 FL, doing heroic content, as blood

Keeping up boss debuffs through diseases that take up already limited runes. RNG leading to DS not landing and periods of being extremely vulnerable with a lack of passive mitigation. Inability to effectively tank groups of adds due to several hits being unmitigated once blood shield is down.

The unique ability to control your own fate more than other classes and if played correctly being able to survive things other tanks cannot.

Periods of extreme vulnerability, and times when you have multiple things that need done (diseases, blade barrier, death strike, cooldowns) that all require runes that can be very limited.

Excluding unlucky dodge/parry/misses, the blood rotation is fun. It can be very rewarding, while at the same time punishing if you make mistakes.

Improvements with boss debuffs, perhaps having them applied through other abilities like heart strike or death strike. A slight reduction in the spikey-ness of DK tanking that is not as punishing as it currently is, with some kind of passive mitigation, obviously much less than a shield bearing class but something above 6% if it will require as much attention to keep going as blade barrier currently takes.

Excluding abilities that are not relevent to blood, none. I have a huge amount of keybinds and nothing is without a use.
    85 Troll Death Knight

PvE. Almost solely. PvP as a Death Knight has never been fun. If I pvp as blood, I'm an unkillable monstrosity that can really only hassle my opponents. If I PvP as frost... I can get blown up pretty easily.

Middle of the Road Raiding. My guild is 6/7 normals, I raid once a week. My guild is very accommodating of all types of schedules.

I was trying mainly in Battlegrounds.

1.) An AOE TAUNT. I don't care if it is an AoE taunt on a major CD like a warrior / druid, or a '3' taunt like paladins on a short CD. I would just like to have "AN" aoe taunt. The threat changes help. But let me give you a scenario that happens all the time.

ZA. You are cruising along in a pug, and you get to the last 2 pulls before dragonhawk. A scout walks up behind you, and it summons the two guards.

Now. if I used Death Grip to pull the flamecaster to me, I now need to Taunt one, and then use multiple GCD's to pull the other one, because I've alrady cast DnD to start off the pull. Can it be done? Sure. Is it fun? No. Paladin can just Righteous Defense the unlucky pugger who just got charged, and the warrior / druid can hit the AoE taunt, and they have it handled.

2.) You have mentioned plans for working on blood tanking but really, the mechanics behind Death Strike, and then by nature, our mastery, fly in the face of what a tank does as they gear up. They take less damage. They avoid more. As a DK tank, I have honestly considered running a set of gear that is Hit / Expertise + Mastery pieces only, and reforging the threat stats into avoidance. I would hit more with my Death Strike, and my Avoidance would stay low, allowing my mastery to function. Dk tanking on a whole seems to be a very tug of war based idea between conflicting ideas.

We as a Death Knight "want" this, while encoutner, mechanics and gearing pull us towards this.

I actually main changed from Paladin tank DK tank with 4.1 because I hated the design changes to paladins. Holy Power and all that jazz was just awful. But that's for another thread. I love tanking and feeling like I have some measure of control over living and dying. Sure, it's truly up to the healer, but if the healer plays well, and I don't, I'm going to die on hard content. I like that.

Not having an AoE taunt while tanking. Trash that is trivialized by other tanking classes simply because they are a shield tank (I'm looking at you bear trash). Needing to be hotfixed because our damage sucks for one fight in one raid. AoE tanking with the current DK tank model. (the blood shield change in 4.3 doesn't fix this)

Too much emphasis on Death Strike. Like...... WAY too much on death strike. I don't even 'care' about heart strike except to keep blade barrier up, and once blade barrier goes baseline, how much am I going to care then? Blood Runes will be for Rune Tap only, so that I can further game my U/F runes for more DS pleasure, or for Blood Boil/pestilencing if I'm AoEing soemthign that "needs" diseases.

-Have I mentioned an AoE taunt?
    -A revamped mastery that doesn't conflict with tank gearing
    -parity between dps specs
    -More uses for Dark Sim. Seriously, outside of Zul'Gurub and Hex Lord, where do I REALLY get to have fun with it?
    -Make our Brez a little better. Seriously, OR get rid of the glyph for druid brez.

Blood Strike
    Rune of Spellbreaking
    Rune of Spellshattering
    Rune of Lichbane
    Rune of the Stoneskin gargoyle (and the 1h'd equiv)
    Hungering Cold
    Edited by Onisu on 9/12/2011 12:12 PM PDT
    85 Human Death Knight
    What type of content do you focus on?
    Both
    If PvE, what type of PvE?

My Primary PVE focus is on 10 man raiding
    If PvP, what type of PvP?

My Primary PVP Focus is Arena (specifically 2s and 3s)
    PVE:
    Raise Ally

I would like to echo the issues with Raise Ally. Presently, I feel that it costs entirely to much for entirely to little return. Drop it to 0-20 RP, and/or the option to increase the amount of health the target receives. Holding my BRez so other players can use a better one seems counter-intuitive.

Presences

Honestly, there needs to be a reason to have frost presence. Right now, there are very few scenarios where there would be a benefit to using Frost Presence, and for those extremely few scenarios, presence swapping is so punishing the benefit is often outweighed by the loss.
    I would like to see a B:B, F:F, U:U presence as an option, but I don't see how in the current iteration where you could make Frost outweigh the benefits of the lowered GCD of Unholy Presence without some drastic tuning our Frozen Heart Mastery, which could then imbalance the PVP side. Even if the presence was tuned to the weapon choice (unholy for DW, frost for 2H for example, tying abilities to MotFW and/or ToT)

PVP:

Survivability:
    It is painfully terrifying to see a feral cat in an Arena Match. Almost immediately forces me into Blood Presence, which puts me in a scenario where my damage output becomes minimal, and I become virtually useless for the remainder of the game. Even in a scenario where I survive the burst, and they turn to focus someone else, I am further penalized if/when I get a chance to swap back to unholy presence. While I understand the glyph of dark succor was overpowered in it's previous incantation, the current scenario makes it virtually worthless.

Pet Maintenance:
    The change to the pet AI makes life a hell of a lot easier for new players, or general PVE content. However, in PVP it is brutal. I personally would like to see the implementation of a /petfocus option.

Necrotic Strike - PLEASE give it the option of applying blood plague. This would be an AMAZING quality of life benefit to ALL 3 PVP specs without making it overpowered

By and far, the dual resource mechanic. I absolutely love the juggling act between resources, while managing procs. This also comes at a drawback, in the sense that even with near perfect play, there are times the RNG gods will just spit on my output and giggle.

I love playing a death knight, most out of all 5 of my raid geared toons. For the most part, I feel that are in a relatively decent position. I feel that with you guys have done an amazing job with the class, and that you are -almost- there. As far as PVE is concerned, a bit more tuning to unholy back up to par DPS wise, and potentially some incentives for Frost Presence and DKs will be set. PVP wise, survivability has to be addressed soon. Between mobility issues, and the lackluster performance both Obliterate and Scourge Strike provide damage wise, DKs are in a sketchy scenario at the moment.

I absolutely love the depth of a DK rotation. No matter which spec you are playing, there is one that will appeal to a specific type of person. Random RNG is a bit of an annoyance, but as we progress through to Tier 13, I am sure itemization will clear up any of those issues.

PVP Survivability – If there is one thing I can get across in this message, is that its simply not fun to be the immediate focus target (especially as a plate wearer) and having absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Necrotic Strike – Make it also apply blood plague.

Icy Touch – buff its single target damage and tie it to Rime so I can use it over HB reliably and not feel gimped in close quarters CC.

Blood Strike – Just get rid of it

Army of the Dead – The channel time is so long, and the damage so small, its rarely worth using. Make it a 2.5sec cast, that then starts the spawn so you can continue fighting.

Plague Strike – It just outright feels clunky. While I use it to reapply diseases when required, its just so weak and has no other use.
    Edited by Blighted on 9/13/2011 12:23 AM PDT
    85 Orc Death Knight
    * What type of content do you focus on?
    I am a PVE oriented Blood DK.

* If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Raids

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    Survivability in general feels lower than the other tank classes.

* What makes playing your class more fun?
    - Lots of cooldowns to fit every situation.
    - Death Grip! (Though I'd like to see fewer "immune" mobs.)
    - The ability to solo content that other classes cannot.

* What makes playing your class less fun?
    - Sitting around waiting for runes to come up or for runic power to generate. The regeneration of both resources is slow (as Blood) and usually random (thanks to Runic Empowerment).
    - Bone Shield being rapidly depleted by fast attacking mobs or by numerous adds.

* How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    Blood doesn't really have a rotation. The priority system works reasonably well, even though the design seems to be a little convoluted. For example, the mechanics of Death Strike encourage you to sit on your runes until you need them, but the Blade Barrier talent encourages you to expend runes.

* What’s on your wish list for your class?
    - Re-design the Dancing Rune Weapon Glyph. The increased threat component is useless since the changes to threat.
    - Make Army of the Dead more interesting. It's a pretty good mitigation tool (on a LONG cooldown), but that's about it. Allowing us to do something with the army after its cast, such as sacrificing them for additional benefits, would be ideal.

* What spells do you use the least?
    Dark Simulacrum is the biggest one. It has a few cool uses in dungeons (Mandokir's Bloodletting and Zanzil's Zanzil Fire, for example), but it's completely useless in a raid environment unless mind control is a factor.

As Blood, I never find myself using any of the Strikes other than Heart Strike, Death Strike and Rune Strike unless I need to refresh my diseases with Icy Touch and Plague Strike.
    90 Goblin Warlock
    My main problem with DK's is an identity issue for the specs. Blood uses Blood Presence. Unholy uses Unholy Presence. Frost uses.. Unholy Presence? is there any way you could make Frost Presence More appealing to Frost DKs (or at least 2H Frost)? I want to play frost for the burst, but unfortunately I'd be a liability to my guild's progression for going that less optimal route. Perhaps make it so that the 0.5s GCD reduction from Unholy Presence is only available to Unholy Death Knights that spec into Improved Unholy Presence or something? Unholy Presence as it is just has far too many perks to ignore compared to Frost Presence for Frost Death Knights.

Both

Raids, on my Death Knight

Arenas and non-rated BGs

Being forced into Unholy Presence as a both 2H and DW Frost.

The Death Grip mechanic, Army of the Dead, the self-healing of Blood

Lack of meaningful CC in PvE outside of kiting.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    The Frost Rotation feels dumbed down a bit. I'd like to have another move thrown in, such as a buff to put up (similar to Inquisition for Ret Palis).

-The Whirlwind ability that Death Knights had in Warcraft II. I think it would be so awesome if we could summon a tornado with bones and blood flying around in it that we had no control over. The ability could be a sweet AoE addition to Death and Decay. It could move around randomly WITHIN A SET CIRCLE or something for a certain period of time.

-A new move for frost. I think it would be cool if Frost used Rune of Cinderglacier too somehow; maybe even if they removed Rune of Cinderglacier, and turn it into an activated ability (ie: "Cinderglacier") that increases Frost damage or something?

-Blood Strike
    -Icy Touch
    -Blood Boil
    Edited by Moblin on 9/12/2011 12:11 PM PDT
    100 Draenei Death Knight

Largely PvE. I've done some BGs in this expansion to have something to do, as raiding currently seems beyond my reach.

Heroics, mostly.

Battlegrounds.

The necessity to make a trip all the way out to Acherus for runeforging/training/respeccing. The only other place in the game we can do it is out at Shadow Forge in Northrend, which is even less convenient to reach than Acherus. I know we have Death Gate to get out to Acherus easily, but it requires burning a hearthstone cooldown to return, and even with improvements to the CD based on guild perks, it's still quite inconvenient.

The "fluff": I like the overall lore feel of being a Death Knight, and I like being a melee class.

The loss of Blood abilities for a DPS spec, and the functional loss of dual wielding for viable tanking.

My only real concern is as Frost: a major part of our damage output is with Howling Blast, which is an AOE, which means in some fights where heavy crowd control is needed, we lose a major component of our damage output.

More runeforges outside of Acherus.
    More story support for the current status of the Knights of the Ebon Blade.
    A viable Blood DPS spec.
    The return of the ability to self-rez as a ghoul.

Dark Simulacrum, Dark Command (if not tanking), Death Grip (such a fun ability that's been practically nerfed by player community outrage at its use), Army of the Dead (such a fun ability that's been practically nerfed by massive player community misunderstanding about when it does or doesn't taunt).
    100 Tauren Death Knight

• Both

• Raids

• Rated BGS

• Proc mechanics for frost and the heavy reliance of RNG to put out consistent numbers, I read how you wanted to improve ret paladins reliance on procs but and I don't want this to be an argument the two heaviest of RNG are Fire mages and Frost DKs. For frost Dks no class has the weight of actually determining their dps by how well they play "perfectly" (global cool-down is 1sec, and running in to the scenario where you Frost strike accidentally 0.286 secs after the last Frost strike gave a rune back allowing you to Killing machine + Obliterate thus losing 20-30k damage)

• Being the underdog with the precived stigma that DK's are all bad and a Joke of a class, against those who should surpass us in every way to come out on top of those guys ego is a great admonishment to show how truly great you can be by comparison.

• Class balance... When class X, Y, and Z show me that my class in one aspect of another is worthless to play, because not only can they do what I do, they can do it better, more efficient, at ranged, with less tools, all though they have countless ones afforded to them, and they don't have to small boss Feet or stare at a fiery behind to do it from.

• I despise our current rune system... It's misleading and some don't get that there was a significant change... Runes can be down well over and almost double of what our rune speed is because of the system, I would like something to be done about our consistency, I would like the option of not having to AoE everything I want to dps without sacrificing such a huge amount of dps (Icy touch vs Howling blast).

• Threat dump they may or may not been promised in the past, CC of some kind, warriors and DK's are the only classes lacking both... (bring the player not the class motto ring a bell?) I'd like to see Melee come close to range, casters don't even have the legendary staff yet and are ahead by 10-20% (alysrazor 200-500%)

Dark Simulacrum <--- worthless ability, I'd rather it do a form of 1min CC to humanoids and Undead, and or Be our threat dump for 20secs on a 1min CD. As it stands I find it quite perplexing that Mages can Spellsteal a particular bosses mechanic and use it to their advantage yet our ability is near useless in raids, and in PvP its a gimmick of an ability at beast with the warning sign and randomness of it. other than that Each spec we have uses each of our abilities to maximum potential.

To sum it up:
    I would like to exceed rather be capable of exceeding others because of my skill level and not be on par with less skilled who play FotM or expansion of the year classes. I'd like to see our damage on par with casters again like back in 4.0 when it was stated we did to much (by being on par with hunters and warlocks) and we've been hanging down in the 10-14 range. I wan't my guild to bring me for me, not that I'm one of the best to play my class and that they will just have to suffer with me because the Spriest, walocks, mages, druids, and hunters on the bench just haven't found the correct B line to roll face to edge me out.
    90 Undead Warlock

• PvE Content

• Raids

• None Really, I play a death knight and enjoy it alot

• In my opinion, Deathknights are the most fun tank to play, it that is is the most challenging for me. I find paladins and druids too easy, and just don't enjoy warriors

• Sitting on runes, It's just not fun to click rune strike 50 million times

• Besides the previously mentioned rune strike, I like the rotation. it requires a lot of attention, but not so much I can't focus on the raid

• Defile, that goes without saying. But I would Prefer fights that didn't have mechanics totally based around avoidance ie. Razor and balroc

• [/ul]

No under used spells really.

Edited by Roahn on 9/12/2011 12:14 PM PDT
    100 Blood Elf Death Knight
    PvE.

Heroics and Raids. (TANK)

--------------

My biggest issues are reaplying diseases and being unable to do anything when I am low HP and I have no runes to do one or two death strikes to recover myself and I know that I'll die because we just can't block big hits.
    Most likely, the rune system when you really need one death strike to surive at 10% or lower.

I absolutely love my DK, it's just an unique and awesome class out there.
    The mechanics are very fun.

The only thing I find less fun is ONLY when TANKING and I'm at 10% or so HP and I seriously need death strikes and just got no runes for it.

Very confortable with it, the only exception is for diseases (Outbreak), see how other tanks can apply the debuff of 10% less damage to their boss so easily, but we just cant everytime, if we reapply the debuff we are most likely losing TONS of mitigation and I find it very unfair compared to other tanks, it's like telling a Paladin or warrior to unequip their shield everytime they want to apply that debuff to a mob, very bad isn't it?

Decrease Outbreak to 30 sec Cooldown.
    Eliminate the rune cost for Boneshield.
    Buff a little our armor.
    Increase blade barrirer damage reduction.
    Will of the necropolis should also allow you to give you a free death strike without rune cost.
    Add something new related to Mastery to forge our weapons with it (Runeforge).
    Reduce cost of Dancing Rune Weapon, currently it's TOO HIGH!

Dancing rune weapon.
    Plague strike.
    Icy touch.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]