Class Feedback – Death Knight

(Locked)

100 Blood Elf Death Knight
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] - PvP

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] - Arenas

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? - All of my abilities hitting CC'd targets, as frost in arenas i have to be super careful when i hungering cold because right now our best rune abilities are necrotic strike and howling blast, if i manage to get hungering cold to the healer, i have to be really lucky the kill target doesnt realize standing next to his healer will make me do half the damage i would normally do because if i use howling blast i will break the hungering cold, i guess making icy touch hit as hard as howling blast or give it some sort of niche for single target would be welcome.

As unholy the QOL issues are pretty much the pet bugging out in certain arenas but this is true for every pet class.

What makes playing your class more fun? - For me it's managing runes to get the most out of them, as unholy properly managing the pet feel rewarding when it's not going around chasing a butterfly or thinking up new ways for hogger to take over the world at the top of a ROV pillar.

What makes playing your class less fun? - Our survivability and mobility are frustrating, getting trained 24/7 was the reason the dark succor glyph was implemented, then it got taken away and we are left with the same problem we had before. for mobility, either giving path of frost some sort of mobility component or frost prescense giving mobility look like nice ideas. maybe a reverse death grip?

How do you feel about your “rotation”? - as frost it's pretty fun, depending on the situation you spend death runes in damage or necrotic, as unholy it's just necrotic all day every day. it could use some variety but they really arent concerns for me.

What’s on your wish list for your class? - some sort of mobility buff or survivability buff, the survivability buff is mostly agaisnt melee's since we are already strong against casters.
Some fixes to pet functionality would be most welcome. Making scourge strike better than necrotic would also be nice for unholy maybe making the glyph give us more RP from SS than Necrotic.

What spells do you use the least? - icy touch, blood strike, scourge strike, death strike, obliterate, frost presence
85 Worgen Death Knight
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

I'm a PVE player

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics to start out with then I move into raiding. I was 12/12 by the 4th week of Cataclysm. I felt like the normal modes at the time were challenging for the average player. Would love to see more stuff like this but I can understand if the average player wouldn't.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

I only PVP when I have nothing left to do PVE wise

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

For Blood tanking I feel like with the threat change that Fesering Strike should turn the Frost rune it uses into a Death Rune. This would allow blood dks that are sitting at full health for a few seconds use their Blood and Frost rune to keep diseases up on the target instead of using 2 abilities to put diseases back on the target they're tanking. It would be a HUGE quality of life change for dk tanks in terms of keeping the 10% damage reduction debuff on the add and also make it feel different in terms of rotation instead of just 2 abilities we pop on cd. Also I feel that changing the Rune Tap glyph to affect the raid (5% healing) would be a GREAT way to make blood tanks competitive with our Paladin cousins.

For Unholy dps I feel a slight boost in their damage is needed, we're competitive but we're still behind our DW frost brethren by about 2k dps which makes it so unless the raids don't have warlocks or boomkin druids, we are sat out for our frost brethren. I know we are not supposed to talk about this but when we're sat out because someone can out dps you with lower quality gear because he's a certain spec, it becomes a quality of life issue.

Frost DKs feel about right at the moment

What makes playing your class more fun?

I like the Unholy spec because it feels like i'm managing more to keep my numbers up. I like having to have excellent pet control and managing my diseases and such to keep my numbers up twords the top of the meters, especially when i'm slightly out dpsing our frost brethren in certain fights like Heroic Majordomo Staghelm.

I love the Blood Spec for tanking because its unique. Its not like every other tanking class with the exception of Druids to an extent. I mean i'm still grabbing the same gear but im not popping shield blocks on rotation and such. I'm also assisting the healers when I heal myself.

What makes playing your class less fun? Nothing really, I'm having alot of fun playing my Death Knight. I even made it my main character.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I'll copy and paste my blood discussion.

For Blood tanking I feel like with the threat change that Fesering Strike should turn the Frost rune it uses into a Death Rune. This would allow blood dks that are sitting at full health for a few seconds use their Blood and Frost rune to keep diseases up on the target instead of using 2 abilities to put diseases back on the target they're tanking. It would be a HUGE quality of life change for dk tanks in terms of keeping the 10% damage reduction debuff on the add and also make it feel different in terms of rotation instead of just 2 abilities we pop on cd.

Unholy and Frost seem about right, they're random at times and It feels like it would be shame to change it.

What’s on your wish list for your class? To have Dual Weild Frost and Unholy be competitive with eachother but not have 1 spec always dominate (dw frost was beating Unholy after the DW change in 4.1 and onward)

What spells do you use the least? They all have their uses but If i had to say it would be Dark Simulacrum, it has very little use in PVE and I would like to see that changed. I would love to use a boss ability against them but maybe only do half the damage it would do against a player. Would make for a decent runic power dump instead of Frost Strike, Death Coil or Rune Strike.
100 Human Death Knight
What type of content do you focus on?

Both. PvE less so, since the expansion.

5man dungeons, some heroic.

Arenas/BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Having to port to Acherus to do runes is a little annoying; the runes themselves are also clunky to emblazon. It's a small thing, but I did it often enough while leveling for it to make an impression.

Melee; plate; death grip; howling blast. That's all I got to say about that.

What makes playing your class less fun?

The one huge thing is the impracticality of DW tanking. During WotLK, I loved DWing tanks weapons a lot as a Frost tank. WHile I agree with the decision to make Blood the tanking tree, I would love to be able to tank like that again. Perhaps a Blood DW talent?
I also never use unholy to PvP anymore because it has little to no burst and inferior healing, even compared to frost.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

The Blood rotation can feel wasteful when one has to lay down a frost and an unholy just for diseases on on target, especially when they could be spent DSing; I read that you had thought about giving Outbreak a much shorter cooldown. That would go a long way.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

DW blood tanking; Outbreak as a tanking tool; Army of the Dead in arenas. C'mon. It'd be terribly ridiculous, but I miss using it to gank clothies.

What spells do you use the least?

Blood pact; blood boil; as unholy, death strike. I feel that, since it's much easier to use DS in frost, unholy should perhaps have a small, non-CD based (unlike Lichborne) way to heal.
85 Worgen Death Knight
Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

PvE

25 man raids

I do not PvP at all, despise it

The new rune system still feels clunky at times, harder to add in changes on a whim compared to when each rune had it's own cooldown.

About the best quality of life improvement I could suggest would allow some way for the CD on Outbreak to be 30 seconds instead of 1 min, It is usually the reapplication of diseases that makes the rune CD system so frustrating.

Also, a Glyph for Raise Ally to make them come back to life with more than 20% health, so they don't die immediately after takiing the battle rez.

Feeling like a Death Knight, popping Army of Darkness and sending your minions in to attack. Swathing the land with desecration (but I preferred the old animation with the hands rising from the ground honestly).

Repetative, and highly disappointed with Necrotic Strike and Dark Sim from a PvE perspective. Both have literally no use in raiding, I haven't had them on my bars since a day after I trained them, and I kind of regret training them. I shouldn't say that about any ability in the game. Far too situationally designed.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Rotation is fine, only complaints is when you have to adapt, when you have to mess with the rune cd's and say pop two blood runes back to back, it's a long delay until you're back on the standard unholy rotation of FS/SSx4 (at least it feels like a long delay). If you mess up those timings, I find myself staring way too much at my bars and runes and not enough at the fight going on.

I'd like to feel more like a Death Knight:

Diseases - Kind of there as a self buff on the mobs, don't do a ton of damage themselves, their purpose feels like they exist to buff SS and FS. At one point, it was even recommended Blood DK's never use diseases. Diseases make up the essence of what we are, it would be nice to either make them more important, or if they are simply meant to be a strike-buffer, then Outbreak on a 30 second CD would be ideal.

Pets - I kind of think of the DK like I do a necromancer from D2, it would be nice to see some more pets make their way into the class somehow. Like a way to use dead corpses as skeletons for your army. Or some variety in pets at least, a skeletal caster, a tanker like one, etc... A variety of pets like hunters and warlocks have which provide different skills and buffs/debuffs to help fill in the gap in raid groups. The Lich King was known for his army of minions, we're known for our one. Kinda bleh.

Some general things would be, I'd love to see a return of the original unholy blight, make unholy feel..well, more unholy. Find a cool way to bring back corpse explosion as an AoE instead of DnD.

New Runeforges would be nice as well.

Don't think I have used Dark Sim and Necrotic Strike since training them. Many of the runeforges are useless now as well, 1H tanking ones for example, DW tanking has been gone this entire expansion, but those runeforges still exist (gotta be confusing to a new player).
100 Draenei Death Knight
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both.
Both.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other.
All content that’s available to me.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs.
All content that’s available to me.

Having my ghoul on such along cool down, often I would enter a vehicle type quest only to have my ghoul despawn and not being able to resummons because it was on cool down. Having to macro my ghoul because of claw, gnaw, leap they cost energy and all or on GBC.
Raise dead needing ruin power to use.

As unholy I enjoy being able to melee and range.

Having to kite other melee classes and doing it poorly for lack of a peel off of me spell. Not having some of the old spells I enjoyed like the original unholy blight.

As unholy I enjoy my rotation, but dislike the dead zones lack of runes at critical moments.

Bring the old unholy blight back! Some peel this rouge, druid off me. Some kind of finishing move like pally’s hammer of wrath or increased death coil damage output.

There are a few spell I use rarely do to side effect, long cool downs, ect.
(hate this spell!) [Dark Simulacrum] [Blood Tap] [Empower Rune Weapon] [Unholy Frenzy] [Blood Boil]
100 Human Death Knight
Thanks for letting our voices be heard, Blizzard! I've been playing the Death Knight pretty hardcore ever since Beta, so hopefully that will add some weight, even though some of my comments may focus on seemingly arbitrary facets.

PvE

Raids, though I enjoy playing Solo quite a lot, as well

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
I think Unholy is WAY too complicated and bloated to be any fun. While I think having a Ghoul full-time is iconic of what the Death Knight is and should be, he and the Gargoyle are too taxing to be fun, nor 100% efficient.

Basically, the "vibe" of the Death Knight. I love the "Gothic Knight" feel of the class. I love using Runes as a resource, and having an army of Ghouls and other evil creatures feels very unique, particularly as a Melee. I'd love to see more Necromancy in his arsenal.

Being forced to use dual one-handed weapons to maximize your DPS. Also, the Death Knight Tier-armor doesn't look very "Knightly" anymore, it just looks like regular plate-armor. The Death Knight feels too much like "just another Plate-wearer", and using your Ghoul and Gargoyle takes far too much work as Unholy. Not enough Necromancy, too much "brute force" with his abilities.

Playing Frost is a blast. Playing Blood is fun when fighting a Boss, but too much work to handle adds or back-to-back pulls in 5-mans. Unholy is unplayable, in my opinion; too much work, and I'd like to see the ability to use Army of the Dead more often as Unholy. Also, Death Kngihts should *ALWAYS* favor 2-handed if anything, dual-wielding seems more for Warriors and Rogues.

-Two-handed Weapons should be viable for Frost
-Unholy should be made viable and less wor
- I'd like to see more Necromancy in their abilities, such as being able to summon one of several Undead creatures like an Abomination or Lich
-Perhaps even reanimating "Rare" Undead similar to Hunters taming Rare pets.
-More "Knightly", Ex-Paladin of the Silver Hand designs for their Tier-armor
-Every spec should have access to some form of Pet
-More "Magical" feel to the class, instead of "Warrior that uses Runes instead of Rage"
-Bring "Corpse Explosion" back, in some capacity, if only because it's a cool/fun ability.

Army of the Dead, it feels rather useless as a Tank, and far too risky as a DPS. Definitely a cool ability, but not very useful.
Edited by Maldazzar on 9/12/2011 12:23 PM PDT
90 Orc Death Knight
Hello, below you will find my feedback as it pertains to Blizzard's World of Warcraft.

What type of content do you focus on? PvP | PvE | Both

Numerous amounts of my time are spent divulging in PvE content, which (in theory) is fine. Though I tend to find my self more and more indulged into this aspect of the game, fighting a dragon only to defeat another dragon right after isn't quite what I enjoy when considering how much time is spent looking at a screen.

Problem? Well yes, the rarity of the bosses seem at an all time low. As Warcraft progresses I feel as if the boss design team (dungeon encounter team?) may be slacking on fresh ideas. Taking pre-existing creatures and replicating them in Warcraft, which is fine, yet not original. We see the talent that the design team possesses though are they really free to create the unknown? How about a 4 headed demon slug with ice for armor along with 3 arms that all hold books, and in these books hold dimensions that warp you to different areas of the beast's soul for you to dismember in order to defeat the boss. Being creative can bring a new flavor into Warcraft like Dungeons & Dragons had back in the days. Be fresh and original is the key term here.

Also like to add how enjoyable the encounter of Trial of the Crusade was where you had to face members of the opposing faction in-order to progress or how in Ice Crown you had to fight the Horde or Alliance on the way up to the spire. These encounters are worth expanding into (not to forget Baradin's Hold & Vault of Arch). Looking into the evolution of Raiding I can foresee the Horde and the Alliance working together to defeat a Boss then at the end fight an all out brawl against one another. Blizzard, the memories that you have bestowed upon me in Vanilla was amazing...though I can not recall great memories of BC / Wrath / and so far Cata. It's not there !?!?!? No single big event that made me fall in love with this game, no World dragons that made me laugh with my friends as they decimated the alliance ...(cough horde too). Do you see now? I can recall Doom Lord Kazak yet people who came in at Wrath do not know what I am talking about nor have any idea what it was like seeing a Boss in a city [Example: Onyxia].

With the development of new Boss Creativity (coming up with something that hasn't be though of yet), the new future of PvE + PvP where the Horde and Alliance can work together or destroy each other aside from specific Zones and times to do so, and finally the placement of these Bosses such as in Ogrimar and in Stormwind where you have to battle your way to said Boss in-order to begin the raid. You alter the game to be challenging and fun which in my opinion is what we seem to be lacking here. Entertainment is attached to your name Blizzard and so far I have not been entertained.

P.S. Had to cut this short, I'll add more later on. In college at the moment and about to take a test then rush home for a Ragnaros beating.

~ Abaddon, aspiring Game Designer/Developer
85 Tauren Death Knight

Both. Primarily PvE.

5-mans and light raiding (Because it's fun. Not because I want to "win".)
Old content and Achievement farming.

Occasional Battleground Hero (Because it's fun. Not because I want to "win".)

My biggest quality of life issue is not even that big of a deal. It's more of a psychology issue than a mechanic issue.
When compared to my Pally, I don't feel like I have as much "control" over mobs when tanking big groups. On my Pally, I hear the sound of my hammer or the sound of my Capt. America move, and I know I have their undivided attention. On my DK, it doesn't feel as satisfying. That subtle feedback is missing.
Other than that, it actually works fine, it just doesn't FEEL like it's working as well as it could.

DW Frost is the primary reason I play my DK. Otherwise, it wouldn't be worth the trouble IMHO.

Used to be disease maintenance. That still might be an issue in Blood, but I haven't bothered to find out since disease maintenance isn't an issue at all in Frost.
Quality of Life Issue: HoW Upkeep. I can understand wanting to have players refresh Horn of Winter, but honesty, outside of a raid, I usually don't really bother. It just seems like the old mentality of difficult/annoying for the sake of being difficult/annoying. I find absolutely nothing about it compelling.

Frost is mostly awesome.
Blood was... meh last I tried it. It was much harder for me to get into a rhythm between the rune refreshes and then DS missing occasionally, throwing off my mojo.
Yeah, I like Frost. Blood works, but doesn't make me smile when I play.

I know it's not very likely, but I would really like to see a viable DW Tanking option. I'd try Blood again for that.
I'd like to see Dark Simulacrun become more usable. I don't bother using it very often because it hardly seems to work with anything. I don't want to push that button and be let down anymore.
Now that threat is much less of an issue, it would be awesome to see a return of the AoE cloud-thing that Unholy used to have.
Pale White Horse mount speed increase should be available to all three specs baseline. Please?

Dark Simulacrum
Necrotic Strike - I hardly PvP, so why bother. It's nice I guess for those that use it, but I'm not one of them.
85 Worgen Death Knight
BLOOD DEATH KNIGHT

PvE

Raids, have and would like to do more Heroics as well.

Battlegrounds, Casual Arena

Hit Rating. See below. I would like to mention that I like the current Rune Management and really don't want to see that change all to much.

I love the choices Blood Death Knights have. The multitude of cooldowns and abilities I can choose for any situation makes the game strategic to me, which is my kind of fun. I also like the divide 'good' and 'great' Blood Death Knights have, like the difference between a tank that waits to hit Death Strike after big damage vs. one that spams it on cooldown. It feels great to really see yourself improve and/or do well.

Lately its been misses. Tanks typically focus on survival stats (mastery in my case), so we don't have the luxury of being hit capped. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is more upsetting than waiting for that big hit and maximize the Death Strike...only to have it miss twice in a row and landing when the big heal has come and gone.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I'm not a fan. Really its A:Keep your blood rune on CD for Blade Barrier and B: DEATH STRIKE. I played a bear druid last expansion and it really reminiscent of mangle/maul spam. Perhaps add the DS bubble to other abilities? I'm unsure how to improve it.

More cooldowns 8D, but honestly I like the ability to choose what to do at each situation to remain.

Also 'evening out' spike damage would be nice, but it looks like you guys are on the ball on that one already.

Ignoring the DPS spells, I'd say Lichbourne and Death Pact. The stars have to align in order for those two spells to make a difference, and they are far from reliable for 'on the spot' use. I use them if I planned on using them (ie when the boss uses ability A I will save up Runic Power and use Lichbourne), but that is it.
Edited by Nevamore on 9/12/2011 12:21 PM PDT
85 Goblin Death Knight
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVE Hero

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Hardcore heroic raider.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Every class has RNG i know this. But dks are so RNG heavy and i just want it to change.

What makes playing your class more fun? Big crits and heavy burst AOE damage.

What makes playing your class less fun? The RNG of frost dps.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Awful dks are WAY to random, we dont even use a rotation.

What’s on your wish list for your class? To take the RNG out of this class and make us worth more than "oh hey they bring a buff to the raid" class. I understand you can not just take ALL the RNG out but as of right now it is really awful.

What spells do you use the least? Blood strike, blood boil, and necro strike.
90 Human Death Knight
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids (10-player)

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
n/a

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
As a blood tank, missing a Death Strike at a critical moment (although I believe this a being addressed with an upcoming change).

■What makes playing your class more fun?
The feeling for power that comes from playing Blood well. I am able to survive in situation that would kill other tanks. I like our active mitigation play style and the way it gives us a great deal of control over our survivability.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
See quality-of-life. Also, having allocate runes to refresh diseases rather than us them for survivability (although I believe this is being address with a much needed Outbreak change for Blood).

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
In general I feel pretty good about it. The weak points are having to allocate runes for disease refresh as well as not really having a good use for Blood Runes. Half of the time I end up Blood Boiling to ensure BB is refreshed. Not sure if any Blood tanks are really excited about HSing at this point considering it doesn't grant us any more survivability (which is what our active mitigation style causes us to focus on).

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Bigger minimum DS heals. The amount of DS healing in the Cata beta was amazing. More uses for Dark Simulacrum.

■What spells do you use the least?
Festering Strike
85 Human Death Knight

PvE mostly and I dabble in PvP.

I prefer end game raiding. The problem with it though, is that if you don't keep up with it at the start of an expansion, it's difficult to catch up or to even get into end game content in the middle of it. Now that we're in Firelands with Deathwing on the horizon, I think that very few people who haven't been active the entire expansion will get to see a glimpse of Deathwing's raid.

I really can't say much for PvP. While I do think there are issues with the PvP system, I don't have enough experience to make educated points on them. One thing I will say is that class changes influenced by PvP shouldn't affect the way the class plays in PvE. Abilities used in PvP need there own system. We already know that WoW's system is good at detecting players in PvP, so there shouldn't be an issue with making abilities behave differently in a PvP or PvE setting.

One gripe is the change to Dark Succor. Other classes have excellent ways of keeping themselves alive in PvE, but Death Strike (as a DPS DK) is laughable. All that's really left is AMS. Icebound Fortitude itself is pretty weak. On the other hand, I can see how it's previous affect was over powered in PvP.

Another change was Hungering Cold. PvPers were complaining that it was over powered being able to instantly freeze everyone on the opposing team. So, you guys added a cast time to add some risk to using it in PvP. While the affect on PvE is minimal, it still affects PvE and it was entirely unnecessary.

Well, only having two specs available to me is an issue. I don't like the limitation on available weapons. Our best in slot weapon (or, rather, only weapon) is an axe which makes my sword and mace expertise racial completely useless.

The runic power cost on the battle res is way too high for how little life the person is brought back with and when I play Unholy, the rune requirement for Dark Transformation really throws the whole thing off unless Blood Tap is up.

Another issue with Unholy is fights like Magmaw. If I am asked to go up on the chains, my pet won't respawn when I get down and I lose DPS if the summon is already on cooldown (instances where I may have to go up more than once during the fight). I know Mamaw is old content, but there shouldn't be an issue where you lose your pet unless it's killed.

I like the concept of spells and melee without the restriction of a blue bar. I'm not sure what to say specifically.

Playing Unholy makes my class a lot more fun. I enjoy the spec and I prefer it, but I've been pigeonholed into playing Frost because it's optimal. And in tier 11 raids it was almost required (Chillblains, depending on the skill and availability of hunters). Different specs need better balance. There's an obvious DPS loss in Unholy. Frost Presence has no use. Not in PvP or PvE.

Something that really killed my interest in DK tanking was the loss of Frost spec tanking. The concept was great and you guys should have built on it to give players a choice between a self healing tank and a more directly mitigated style.

As Frost, I think it's too simple. And this could go for a lot of other class/builds as well. *cough*arcane. Fire is much more difficult to play and as such, it should offer higher DPS numbers, but it is drastically lower than arcane. This should also be the case for Frost versus Unholy. In a game where risk versus reward is so important, it should also be MORE difficult to pull higher DPS numbers. and builds that are more difficult to play should do exactly that. Not the other way around.

Better improvements for Unholy. The damage needs a buff to be on par or better than Frost. If nothing else, this.

As a DK, I don't think there's any real issue with the way our spells work. Some spells are designed to replace others based on spec. I make use of everything that's available to me, but Death Strike as a defensive ability isn't worth the DPS loss most of the time since the Dark Succor nerf. When you can get hit for 60,000-100,000 damage in a single hit during raids, a terrible little heal leaves us in the cold.
Edited by Fyreblade on 9/12/2011 5:28 PM PDT
100 Tauren Death Knight

-PvE

-Raids

-Not relevant.

-Lack of Effective Health.
-Also, how about redesigning Necrotic Strike to make it so that it increases Blood shield potential stacks, or to increase Mastery rating translating into a bigger blood shield when there is no Big damage during a fight.

-The Rune/Runic power system is interesting and fun

=Generally the Stigma that comes with being a death knight.

Its good, Its just annoying if Outbreak misses.

=That Bone Shield change that GC was talking about.
-More effective health, or Active mitigation instead of all of our reactive talents.

-Dark Simulacrum, Mainly because there's close to no use for it in PvE, I would hope for that to change.
-Necrotic Strike
Edited by Tehdave on 9/12/2011 12:25 PM PDT
99 Draenei Death Knight
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raiding, 10 man right now though I prefer 25 man

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

N/A

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

A lack of interesting gear choices. While in wrath there were always 2 or 3 weapons available, as well as some interesting off set choices, with this latest patch our gear has become almost all or nothing. The lousy choices usually get nuked, and the high priority ones get fought over by raid members. Hit rating is over inflated, due to the intense need that fury warriors need. There is only one viable 1-handed weapon for DW specs, with MORE hit rating on it (the mastery is fine, anyone can use that) and it's a trash drop at that, so it's near impossible to aquire.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

The bag of tricks we have. Brez? Slow? Got it. Interupt? Easy.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Fights where we are punished for being melee. Example: Shannox, if one target isn't frozen, the other is a long distance off. Traps are difficult to see under the main target, making it easy to accidentally walk into one.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

It's actually pretty good right now. The conversion of our blood runes to death runes helped out a lot

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

More refined attack art. Example: Obliterate is just a purple slash line. Scourge strike and death strike just have a sound effect.

■What spells do you use the least?

Festering strike, blood strike,
85 Human Death Knight
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]:
I do minor PvE raiding and focus mainly on PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]:
Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]:
all of the above

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.:
Long periods of time with no resources, RP starvation in pvp as DW frost, survivability too low if both AMS and IBF are on cooldown

Big damage numbers, the fluidity of frost

Having too much to worry about and look at (see unholy)

I really like the frost rotation, it feels very fluid and you almost always have a button to hit. I feel blood is kind of clunky at the moment, and unholy I just feel there is way too much going on.

I'd like to see blood be a little less clunky (sounds like you are working on that already). Frost survivability in pve could use a little work, and I'd like to see unholy simplified a bit (maybe make dark transformation activate automatically?). It feels like our class has so many buttons as a whole but each spec only uses so many. some consolidation would be nice.

DW frost PvP - obliterate isn't even on my bar, ive never even used blood strike
frost PvE - don't even bother with spells such as blood boil, blood strike, or anything for unholy spec such as festering strike.
85 Worgen Death Knight
Please fix our survivability make death strike useful again please
100 Undead Death Knight

Both, but more focus on PvE

I mainly do heroics and old instances. I raid once in awhile.

I do BGs, rated BGs are usually a waste of time.

I would say making Path of Frost not require a Rune. On my Shaman I can cast water walking, glyphed, as much as I want basically. It really doesn't effect anything other than old world exploring and such.

On my frost dk I love the constant ability usage/fast paced fighting. On my blood dk I enjoy properly using Death Strike.

For my frost dk there seems to be a dead zone I hit where everything will be on cooldown and I just sit there autoattacking. It happens like every 3 rotation cycles, but it really takes me out of the fast paced action when I just stand there. I used to use Hungering Cold all the time in dungeons and such, but now I don't even use it. The only times I use it are when I'm questing and the odd chance in PvP where I don't get interrupted. On my blood dk I dislike missing when trying to refresh blade barrier and Death Grip would be nice if it had a shorter cooldown for tanks.

As DW frost I think everything is fine except for the dead zone you hit in your cycle. For blood tanking I think there should be something tied to our other abilities because it feels like we are just sitting there waiting to death strike sometimes.

More/different Runeforges, no cast time on Hungering Cold, bone shield/blade barrier/blood boil reworked or tweaked.

Festering strike overall, necrotic strike in PvE... which doesn't bother me really considering how well it works in PvP. I feel like Dark Simulacrum is great and clear in PvP, but I find myself using it at random in PvE. It's nice to use on Zanzil for example, I feel like I should be able to use it on more bosses, especially if it costs 60 RP.
Edited by Kullervo on 9/12/2011 12:31 PM PDT
85 Draenei Death Knight
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

Currently i feel that DK's them selfs could use more defensive CDs kinda like going to Blood Presence Being like a feral druid into Bear form or something that can make it to were we can keep up with the healing/damage redudction from Warriors/Feral Druids in pvp. Another thing we have almost 0 burst which isnt all that great. Frost burst is iffy but as unholy we have almost no damage the only benefit from unholy is necrotic strike and the damage we do have is from our diseases and our pets (our pets can be CC'd which takes out about 2/5s of our damage Q.Q) And blood is almost as viable as an arms warrior now for a pvp dps. It hits harder then frost death strike is becoming a train wreck and the amount of heals is flat out stupid it should be in line with bear druid prot warrs/pallys in pvp
90 Human Death Knight
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE tanking

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raid/heroics

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Relying on Blood shield for primary "mitigation"

# What makes playing your class more fun?

Choices

# What makes playing your class less fun?

Threat & hit/expertise

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Hate sitting on my runes for Death Strike... or when I'm in DW Frost spec waiting with 0 rp and no runes for Oblit

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

GC's proposed changes to DS, or a more passive form of mitigation.

# What spells do you use the least?

Festering Strike, WTF is that? and Blood strike
Edited by Ghanimah on 9/12/2011 12:35 PM PDT
91 Orc Death Knight
Both

Raids (old content mostly)

BGs, Rated BGs, Arena for points

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Survivability

Unique abilities (examples Death Grip, Dark Transformation, Corpse Explosion when it was available and etc.)

Survivability relys on cooldowns strictly, bugged pet abilities

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Good

Old Death Knight abilities such as Corpse Explosion, Mark of Blood, Shadow of Death and etc.
Old Death Knight animations such as the old Desecration animation, old Blood Boil animation.
A similar spell like Summon Frostwyrm like Summon Gargoyle in the Unholy tree
New Death Knight themed spells

Blood strike
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]