(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both to equal degrees

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics and Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas, BGs, And Rated BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

The runes. I love the system as a whole, however it takes alot of haste to bring it down from even half a second (With all my gear runeforged to the best of my abilities into haste, i have it down to 7.98 seconds last i checked which while nice, is not optimal.) Making it a bit easier for us to be able to have quicker rune speed would be nice, especially considering that as it stands getting haste capped is impossible. (I'm not asking to make it so as we can easily have a 3 or 2 second rune speed, but making it so that we can actually get it down to 5 seconds would be nice.)

What makes playing your class more fun?

The rune system as a whole. I love having to think about what spells i can use at a given moment and when i need to save for a nice proc. It makes it a little bit of a challenge which for me is a blast.

What makes playing your class less fun?

The fact that we are only considered as a Melee or Tank class. With so many tank classes and the need for more ranged dps, it makes it a little bit of a challenge for dks (or really any mdps only dps classes) to get a spot in raids. Many raids will forgo that Epic geared dps for a lesser geared and even lesser experienced ranged.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I love my rotation. It has the perfect balance of simplicity while also making it so that you need to make quick decisions on if you need to jump out of rotation for a special ability or two, or even when you need to backtrack on your rotation for that extra blast of damage.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Faster Rune Speed, and more raid spots.

What spells do you use the least?
Festering Strike

90 Human Death Knight
I'll add more in later as I'm on my way out, starting out with the last question:

Definitely Dark Simulacrum. It is a huge letdown as it sees little, if any, PvE usage outside of a couple of "hihi" moments in a couple of heroics. In contrast it is, in theory, a potentially fantastic ability. As it stands, it might as well be called "Sh*** 'n Giggles".
Edited by Beddict on 9/12/2011 10:32 AM PDT
85 Orc Death Knight
PvE

25 man progression raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Right now, Frost is unbearable to play. It is too heavily reliant on killing machine procs with all cooldowns and procs up to be fun to play. If you don't get well-timed killing machine procs, a Frost DK does significantly less damage than equally geared players of other classes, and it's frustrating.

Being able to do similar damage consistently. Doing plus or minus 5k DPS in a raid is too wide a margin. That's why I love Unholy.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
As Frost, it is very simple, boring, and requires no skill to execute. Unholy, on the other hand, to play correctly requires a lot of practice and skill to play at near 100% levels. There's a challenge in playing Unholy that Frost does not offer. To get great Frost DPS levels requires gear and luck.

1) Fix Frost to be consistent from pull to pull.
2) Give DPS DKs a way to heal in raids (Deathstrike is too weak to be useful)
3) Stop putting so much hit/expertise on gear. Any DK in BIS this tier will have wasted hit/exp rating. There's been a push away from itemizing haste on items this tier, and it's frustrating. Crit rating is garbage for DKs right now, so we are being forced to wear tank items or gear from old raids is NOT a good thing.

Bloodstrike. I use it one or twice as unholy during a full raid night for a very minor DPS gain, but for the most part, it no longer serves much purpose.
85 Human Death Knight
PvE

Heroic Raids

RBGs is my favorite kind of PvP, but not a focus

Running out of resources. I _HATE_ having nothing I can possible do except auto-attack. Death strike also feels weak for frost/unholy, and isn't worth the cost of two runes currently.

I enjoy how much control I have over my resources and how runes and runic power work together. I enjoy the arsenal of abilities that I have, and if used intelligently I never feel like there's any situation where I am useless in a fight. Runic empowerment is a fun design concept and makes the play-style dynamic and never* boring.

*with the exception of resource starvation

Diseases are very short if not specced into epidemic, but speccing into epidemic makes improved blood tap unreachable (provided you keep 30% damage to diseases, which you should). It would be nice if diseases themselves did more damage as it currently feels like I'm only putting them up so that my obliterates aren't gimped.

I enjoy it. 1 second GCDs in unholy presence + watching for procs is really fun, and while it can arguable feel spammy, I enjoy that. A less-spammy variant in frost presence is available, despite not being currently competitive (hint: buff frost presence).

Hopefully being able to survive into the next expansion without yet another complete re-design. More useful runeforges, currently there's only two worth using (1 if not dual-wielding), and it would be nice if you could make intelligent choices about possible other runeforges to use for specific fights. Bring back glyph of disease (refreshing diseases on current target using pestilence) as a major glyph! Having Dark Simulacrum be more useful during raid boss fights would be nice too.

Dark Simulacrum, I honestly think I've hit that button maybe 3 times this entire expansion. Icy touch isn't used much either, pretty much only in 5 mans if my Howling Blast would break CC.
85 Orc Death Knight

PVE

All

Dont really pvp

It may be stupid, but why cant dks use fist weaps, considering the fact that they are the least valued weaps in the game as it is. Why not have them us fist weaps as well?

The fact that its not a hard class to play, and a easy class to suck with if u dont know what your doing.

The fact that dks are the only melee class (besides enchance Sham) that dont have a stun

Its alright its just random, its never the same twice. SO your not going to get the same amount of procs or atks off as you would other times (frost)

For dks to use fist weaps and to have a stun

Rune Strike,Festering Strike

85 Human Death Knight
Both
Heroics and raids
Arenas/Rated BGs
Having frosts dual wield being the best spec comes with having to be able to obtain a BoE weapon the obsidian cleaver which doesnt drop as much (my guild has only seen 1) or suffer spending insane amounts of gold for even one and not see any others from FL bosses truely i believe was not thought out and not fair. Also gear is made with a lot of crit on it forces us to reforge that useless stat in FL gear and i believe overall too much reforgeing for us.
Having a pet sometimes variety of useable weapons like mace sword....better rune system
Survivability, yes we can steal some life but against fear bombs and stuns/roots theres no gaining life back only eating us.
I love the rotation Besides RNG or course make or break frost dps such different parses every fight im seeing in Firelands.
Well Just a thought here so plz bare with me The whole reason i started playing DK was for 2H Frost ya know like that guy Arthas since he doesnt use 2 one handers i figured 2H frost would dominate and frost is frost not unholy filled with diseases. Back to my point I feel Unholy (the Disease spec) should be the ones that dual wield since they rely on pets and diseases thats what makes sense...or so i thought w/e just wishful thinking and something for everyone to think about. Oh and 2H Frost all the way!
Blood boil dark simulacrum,blood strike (not complaining about blood strike i hate that move) death coil, raise ally (have to look for the corpse) i think thats it
90 Human Death Knight
PVE exclusively

Heroics, and an occasional raid

N/A

Death Strike miss/dodge/parry, disease uptime. Frost being GCD locked unless using Unholy presence.

Death grip, Dark Simalcrum

Death Knights don't make the best Tanks for raids

Frost relies too little on moves other than obliterate and frost strike, doesn't have any passive Runic power generation

Frost gets a passive runic power generation(like an Arms Warrior's Anger Management), Blood gets an armor buff to bring them in line with other plate tanks.

Festering Strike, Necrotic Strike
Edited by Gumberculies on 9/12/2011 10:35 AM PDT
90 Orc Death Knight
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

BOTH.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Pve = Raids, Heroic Raids, Other - achievements/alts.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

PVP = Arenas, BGS, Rated Bgs.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Tri-specs need to happen. 1 pvp spec / 1 tanking spec / 1 dps. With access to gear being at an unprecedentedly high level, I am still hamstrung in my utility to PuGs and my guild. "Quality of life" has been the biggest improvement in WoW saving me real life time and that has been the biggest boon to me staying invested in the game.

Without LFG and the Cross-Realm BG system, I would have long since quit. Not to mention Dual-Spec was a huge change that saved upwards of 15+ minutes or more when needing to rotate into a raid-necessary raid role. This isn't to suggest if we get three, then we need 4, 5 etc, but that with many classes already have 3 specs and for even those with 2 specs (tank and dps), that it seems only right and fair to do so.

I face the same issues on my Shaman, Paladin and Warrior, as well.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

What made me switch from my Warlock that I played through TBC and the DK was my attachment to the lore and a whole XPAC about hunting down the Lich King. This connection brought to the forefront one class and throughout that XPAC I felt a unique bond to the content. Nearly every thing designed fit well with the DK during WOTLK and I felt as if it was my story.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Although I am a tank, it is the tanking. I enjoy tanking, but I feel as if Blizzard and the devs have a ways to go before DK tanking is where it can be and ought to be. It is very clunky. Damage is too spikey and irregular, in spite of our many CD's. AOE, is a problem. A paladin, for instance, with consecration and avenger shield has a better, quicker, simpler pick up. I don't want all classes to be the same, however, DKS are at the greatest risk of breaking CC or pulling additional mobs based on current mechanics.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I like it. I like where it's going, which appears to be combos or 'ramp ups' that lead to more damage if an appropriate and successful series of attacks are unleashed. Rather than a linear progression of damage where you cap out, similar to an Affliction Warlock, I'd much prefer the rewarding and engaging aspect of acceleration and ramp ups that lead to greater damage.

From a DPS perspective, trying to maintain sustained damage leads to tunnel vision and boredom. If DPS has the opportunity to 'ramp up' dps by laying down a series of ever-increasing attacks, at something of an exponential rate, then the fun is there and the player has responsibility of staying present to the encounter at hand. For short situations, a class can maximize those moments when they must down adds quickly. An Affliction Warlock would be short-changed in such a situation, where as a Mage, Shaman or Frost DK may succeed. Conversely, long duration, movement fights would benefit damage-over-time classes that require mere maintenance.

Such an example gives the player choices in different battles, encounters, raids and pvp.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

- More pets for UNholy. From a DPS perspective, players select the highest spec, particularly if another class can bring certain buffs AND top theoretical damage. Frost is about right, in my opinion. However, Unholy is sufering and I cannot play my finger on it. I do think Unholy DKS are suffering some of the malaise that Demonology Warlocks felt, which is 'no love.'

- NO RUNIC POWER BATTLE REZ. At a cost of 60 RP, there's a great chance I'll never get the rez off, especially if I lose my healer or I'm dps with a high amount of threat. At that level, it's almost 50% of the total rp. Make a minor glyph that allows us to make it cost nothing or remove the cost. Perhaps even make it 1 rune. Something other than 60 RP.

- DEFILE, or more abilities similar the Lich King (it goes without saying that they need not be as powerful :)) They could be added during the next XPAC and introduced in the following manner..."After the downfall of the lich king, the remaining death knights took it upon their brotherhood to continue their progression as honorable death knights and studied the dark arts left behind by their former master. As such, their powers have increased, yet they remain true to their own freewill and Ebon hold."

■What spells do you use the least?

None come to mind atm. Prior to the overhaul before WOTLK's release, a solid overhaul was done, so that we did not have too much Glut.

* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

I focus almost completely on PvE.

* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics for Justice/Valor, but otherwise progression raiding.

* If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

If I PvP, I will do occasional BG's, and seldom will find myself in an Arena.

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

To be honest, the Rune System is a quality of life issue. The PvE rotation for DK's (frost style) is very dependent on Frost Striking at critical moments in the Rune Regeneration cycle, and the runic power gained is not always on par with the Runic Regeneration cycle. This is a management issue, however, correctly managing it takes almost exact precision -- something that not a lot of other classes have to worry about. Our DPS can be 1-2k higher if the latency is good at the time, as a 1 second GCD on top of a 2 second rune cooldown can be miss timed creating 3 second delays in attacking.

* What makes playing your class more fun?

To me, the sheer joy of Howling Blasting a ton of mobs for 40k plus damage is exhilarating. Beating the pants of the two button arcane mages is also pretty high on my "to do" list each night.

* What makes playing your class less fun?

Waiting for Rune's to come off Cooldown because I lagged and missed the correct time to use them...

* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

The rotation is decent, and very skill rewarding, however it's kind of sad when we put a spell into our rotation just for the disease, and then only use it once every minute, circumventing it with Outbreak (I'm speaking of plague strike) but otherwise, our rotation is fine, except of course the Rune Regeneration Cycle that we have to keep up with, and time with our GCD's.

* What’s on your wish list for your class?

Being able to DPS in Frost Presence and be more competitive than DPS'ing in Frost Spec with Unholy Presence active. I actually can't think of any point in time where I would ever want to use Frost Presence... even in Frost Spec. I know there are leveling spec's, but come'on... to be completely obsoleted once you hit 85 is just sad.

Also, something that could be useful is having a raid buff that isn't overlapped by Warriors. When you see a Warrior in the raid, you know that you don't have to do anything because their Raid Buff is better than ours... to be honest you could have ours grant melee haste (like the Shaman Totem) or increased damage from DoT's and Plagues or something besides just being the same thing on a 2minute duration vice their 3 minute... makes me not want to Horn of Winter just for the RP.

* What spells do you use the least?

Icy Touch - 0 times per year. Plague Strike - only once a minute if outbreak is on cooldown... only as a necessity. Pretty much anything that isn't Obliterate, Outbreak, Howling Blast or Frost Strike... Sometimes I use Death Strike if my healers are failing!
90 Worgen Death Knight
# What type of content do you focus on?
PVE

# If PvE, what type of PvE?
Heroics and Raids

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Path of Frost is great, glyph of Path of Frost is even better. From a negative standpoint, is the permanent ghoul and it's interaction with mounts. Dismount from a flying mount and he is inactive for about 5 seconds. If I'm flying from fight to fight he is more or less useless. On a ground mount he doesn't desummon but I might outrange him and have to resummon him, except he might be on cooldown because this happens frequently. The giant cut to self healing this expansion has also been a terrible hit to quality of life. Nerfing glyph of dark succor hurt pretty bad in that department too. The lack of variety for strength 1 handers given the dominance of dw frost is a bit of an issue, especially since tanks want them too.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
Death grip. Fun dps rotation. Raise ally. Being able to solo old content is nice, too.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
Most things relating to tanking. I really like to tank and dps but tanking has gotten a lot worse this expansion for me. On phase 3 nefarian(25, pre nerf) we started out with me tanking the adds. Except kiting them I couldnt really death strike so I had horrible mitigation. We switched to a warrior doing that job and were able to keep him up easier with 1 less healer and we got our kill. I never felt so useless. Dk tank is too squishy, too poor at add or fast-attack mitigation, and too frequently resource locked. Keeping diseases up is a pain, too, mostly on any fight with adds. Maybe if blood boil refreshed and spread diseases some life could be back in that spell...
Waiting for death and decay and runes to be ready for a new pull is also a frequent drain on tanky fun.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Good for dps. It's a lot of fun. I don't like run ic empowerment though. Making runic corruption baseline would be great.
The tanking rotation, or what passes for it, is horrible. I feel more resource locked than on any other tank class. Every ability works against your capacity to do something else in what feels strangely punitive.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
Runic corruption baseline. Ghouls scaling with crit. Me scaling better with crit, as it's always a terribly rated statistic. Completely revamped tanking rotation, and not feeling like a liability when tanking. Better pet/mount interaction. Gargoyle not trying to melee mobs... Blocking attacks with my 2h while tanking. Dark simulcarum being more useful in pve. Less rp cost on dancing rune weapon. Raise ally not bringing people back with so little health would be nice. Tier sets that tie into the themes instead of feeling like just random armor (tier 11/12)

# What spells do you use the least?
Blood strike, but it still has its uses for when i'm tanking and dont want to break CC.
Blood boil. Blood tree tries to prop it up but its just not good enough to use most of the time.
Dark simulacrum, which has been a colossal disappointment in pve.'
Edited by Lamprey on 9/12/2011 10:40 AM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman
PvE

Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
- Unholy ramp-up time
- Unholy's heavy reliance on its pet
- Unholy's bloated talent tree (req 35 points to get everything PvE wants, including anti-magic zone)
- Unholy cannot get free interrupts without wasting 5 points in the first tier of frost
- Gargoyle AI likes to melee. DKs have to turn away from their target to cast it without meleeing.
- No way to effectively self-heal with the dark succor glyph nerf.
- Anti-magic zone is very useful as a raid cooldown but requires split-second timing or it is wasted. This basically means you need a boss addon to use it. Can it be changed to last, say, 5s but only absorb the damage once per player?
- All 3 DK specs (DW frost, 2H frost, and 2H unholy) are completely GCD locked. If we lose 1 second of time on the boss, we lose a ton of damage.

- Frost's low rampup time
- Frost's big crits
- Survivability through proper use of AMS in raids

- See quality of life issues above

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
- The frost rotation works great, including runic empowerment now that it's never wasted on blood runes. It is however completely GCD locked.
- The unholy rotation also works smoothly, and runic corruption is great. Unholy is also GCD-locked, but slightly looser than frost.

- See quality of life issues above.
- Remove GCDs from both unholy and frost
- Unholy rampup with the pet is extremely long. This should be shortened significantly.
- Unholy's main DPS cooldown, unholy frenzy, is best used on fury warriors. That's no fun! Also, it does 60% of your total health, which seems excessive.
- Frost specs should want to use frost presence.
- Add DPS talents to the first tier of the frost tree so subspec frost isn't so painful.
- Possibly move the free interrupts talent to tier 1 frost.
- Buff 2H frost so it's competitive with DW frost
- Buff unholy AE so it's competitive with frost
- Both unholy and frost hate crit rating on gear. Frost because it gets constant crits from killing machine and unholy because other stats are much better. Fixes are easy to figure out.
- Unholy talent tree forces a PvP talent for the 10th point. This annoys me no end.
- Glyph of dark succor was nerfed into uselessness in PvE. Please fix this, likely by making it just not work on players or in battlegrounds/arenas.
- Corpse explosion was a lot of fun, even though it wasn't very useful. I would like to see it return in some form. A way to spend runic power on AE would be great.
- Same deal with the "shadows of death" talent, where you return as a ghoul to fight for 25s. This talent was GREAT fun. It was a real shame when you removed it.

- Frost has no use for pestilence.
- No DK spec has any use for blood strike anymore-- why does this ability still exist?
- Necrotic strike has no PvE use at all.
- Dark simulacrum has extremely limited PvE use. It's a disappointing lvl 85 skill as implemented.
- Hungering cold had extremely limited PvE use before the cast time was added. With it, the talent is worthless. Please remove the link between hungering cold and howling blast so PvE DKs can avoid it entirely. Alternatively, add some PvE reason to use it.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight

For PvE, heroics, and the occasional raid.

For PvP, arenas and rated battlegrounds.

Quality of life issues? Needing hit and expertise in order to be an effective tank. Terrible, terrible tier bonuses.

Death Knights are fun because they're unique. Runeforging is a neat idea, and blood shield is a helpful mechanic when it works right.

Death Knights are less fun when Death Strike goes wrong. Hit/Exp is necessary for us when it could be something more efficient such as mastery. (Yes I know this is QQ but...) Blood Death Knights need better tier bonuses. Seriously.

The rotation is fun because it's a little random. You need to know when to time your death Strike for maximum effectiveness, and blood runes can just be wasted with whatever.

My wish list would involve better tier bonuses and perhaps better damage mitigation. Makes the tank classes even, but DON'T make them play the same. *cough* Ghostcrawler...

Spells I use the least: Festering Strike, Necrotic strike, Obliterate... a shorter list is what I do use. (Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Death Strike, Heart Strike, any defensive cd, and of course Outbreak.)
85 Worgen Death Knight
I should note I play Frost DK exclusively.

PVE. Raids and heroic raids.
None really for Frost DPS, though I'm sure there's a huge list Blood DKs could come up with.

I like the combination of resources (RP and Runes) both playing into a balance of the rotation. The whole "if RP capped use Frost Strike" vs "if you have both Death Runes use Obliterate" thing is cool to me.
I never know which spec (Frost or Unholy) is going to be ahead. So far, it's been Frost for Cataclysm, but what about 4.3? What about 4.2.6? I don't know. I prefer the Frost gameplay, but if Unholy is 2k DPS ahead, it would be stupid to play an "inferior" spec just because I prefer the way it plays.
I like the Frost rotation. Its fairly simple, but not "1,1,1,2" simple. It leaves more attention available to pay to the raid encounter, my buffs/procs and other stuff that is more detailed.

1. A distinct definition of the DPS specs. IE: Unholy being ahead on AE, while Frost is ahead on single/dual target.
2. As Frost, there is occasionally times when I am out of runic power and runes, and Horn of Winter and Outbreak are both on CD. I'd like to be able to do SOMETHING on every GCD. These times are reduced at higher haste levels, and with the T12 2p bonus, but not eliminated. We'll see how it is in T13 or Heroic T13 haste levels...
3. Better alliance racials (okay, maybe I'm going a little off-topic here, but let's face it. I WAS a Human DK in T11. I got sword expertise, which is not too shabby. For T12, my only 1H weapon options are Axes, which I get nothing from. I race-changed to worgen for the 1% crit and Darkflight. But lets face it, worgens are ugly. I don't enjoy being "stuck" as worgen to min-max my character. If I was horde on the other hand, Orc has axe expertise, AP "trinket", and 5% pet damage. That's pretty nice, by comparison to 1% of my least-favorable stat.
4. Hit and Expertise caps. They are a pain to get at low gear, and a pain to get rid of at higher hear. I know this is a tricky pain to handle, but personally I would prefer to reforge INTO hit/expertise, rather than out of it. (Again, slightly off DK topic.)
5. Hungering Cold. If you're going to give it a cast time, that makes it useless 99% of the time, at least make it not connected to Howling Blast in the talent tree. The only use I've found for Hungering Cold after the nerf (in PVE) in the pack of trash in Zul'Gurub that channels a spell that turns them into snakes. It is just effectively a mass-interrupt.
Blood boil, scourge strike, icy touch, necrotic strike, festering strike, pestilence, blood strike, frost presence, HUNGERING COLD, rune strike, death coil (Granted almost all of these are Unholy or Blood abilities, so of course I shouldn't be using them. Hungering Cold however... well, see above.)
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
What type of content do you focus on? Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Otherr I dont really run heroics anymore, I do raids more so old school raids.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] BGs, 2s (I cant seem to find groups for RBGs and I dont want to do 3s and 5s with people I dont know)

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Diseases, I feel they are really worthless, other then apply other debuffs or to maximize my other attacks. I could say my periods of Rune CDs when I have no RP as frost is rather RP hungry

What makes playing your class more fun? The runes/runic power system is in my opinion unlike any other class system imo. With the 4.0? changes to classes, I totally love Frost spec. I also love the overall "dark" tone to the class, raising dead, plaguing my enemies, and freezing my enemies to the soul, as I mow them down.

What makes playing your class less fun? PVE, Rune dead spots when my blood tap and empowered rune weapon are on cd, and no RP, my dps really hurts. Diseases or Blood Plague in specific. I have to choose to spend a GCD and a rune to maximize my obliterate. I also don't feel like a bring anything to raids. Icy Talons really benefits me and rogues, and my one buff I have to apply gets overridden by several other classes. PVP wise I do decent damage but feel I lack a lot of "control". I have a lot of slows, but still struggle keeping my foes where I want them. I have one real immobilizer hungering cold, but it is real frail, has a cooldown, and with the new cast time gets interrupted every time I place a foe with half a brain locking me out of my frost abilities which in pvp is all but one. So I never use it. A single target stun or fear with a short cooldown something or shorter cd on deathgrip or a reverse grip where I go to my enemy.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I like my PVE rotation, when I go all out I can usually out dps anyone, though I do hit rune dead spots a lot and haste doesnt help enough to speed up my rune regen. I also generally dont use Plague strike cause Id rather use the rune for obliterate.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Stuns? Fears? Both? I miss Hysteria from blood, or if Unholy Frenzy got changed to a universal ability or an Evil version of Avenging Wrath as Im a "evil" paladin. Howling Blasts getting its damage back for all targets. The ghouls getting their voices back "Me like shiny" hearing that made me lol every time. A few tweaks to Dark Simulacrum. I feel Blizzard had a good idea for it but it didn't quite flesh out. From my Personal experience, when it gets put on a target, they shouldnt get a debuff or any indication they have it on them. If theyre any good they use something stupid that does nothing really and it doesnt pay for the RP I used on the ability. Also I feel the spell "copied" should be suped up somehow, as your infusing it with unholy power. For example Ive take ice lance several times and Im lucky if it does 3k now a frost mage can blast me for 60k with it, again not really worth the rp for a 3k hit. Another error is getting spells I cant use cause they have another prerequisite, such as deep freeze or conflagerate, change that. My last change/wish to DKs is runeforging, I think there should be more runes. As dps your almost obligated to use Unholy Crusader. Don't get me wrong the 15% to strength is good but for instance dual wielding I have to either use Razorice or Cinderglaicer, which honestly Ive been thinking about going with regular enchants on my OH. Some more diversity i.e. a haste rune, mastery rune something

What spells do you use the least? blood boil, its damage is trivial and it does not generate anything in terms of threat, pestilence, diseases damage is a joke 500 a tick and pestilence reduces its damage by 50% if my disease did the damage of a spriest dot or lock or feral I could see the damage reduction. Even glyphed and talented I only get frost fever to hit for maybe 1500 a tick. Blood strike, now that Frost has permanent Death runes is a useless move for every spec, granted Im glad its gone as it weighed down Frost dps. Plague Strike, as it does low damage and the disease damage is joke in raids I honestly dont think the damage boost for 20 seconds is worth the rune and global cooldown
Edited by Shiöri on 9/12/2011 10:16 PM PDT
85 Tauren Death Knight

Both

Raids

BGs and some arena

Having to port to Ebon Hold during the middle of a raid to change out a Runeforge. This really only applies on Alysrazor but is still annoying. A spell or item that you could buy to be able to runeforge anywhere would be nice. You could even summon one so it is only usable in groups.

Blood: The amount of cds available and debuffs that have to be maintained make blood a challenging tank class.

Frost: PVE: With Runic Empowerment there is little downtime when played correctly. When in Unholy Presence this spec is fast. Decisions have to be made very quick as a result of the heavy reliance on procs.

PVP: Heavy burst damage provided by frost.

Unholy: Improved AMS, you mean I get rewarded for standing in fire? It is very easy to switch to a target that is far away and maintain dps while Unholy.

PVP: The amount of interrupts and slows available.

Blood: Having to use 2 runes to reapply diseases. This can mean not having the runes available for a death strike when you need them.

Frost: There is no way to dump threat. Even after the threat buff I can still rip aggro off a tank if I really want to.

Unholy: I don't like that it is a dps gain to use an AOE spell, DND, on a single target boss. Our pet is constantly casting claw which uses energy. In order to use the pet stun you have turn off autocast on Claw. The stun should be free and off the gcd.

Blood: The ability to run either a Death Strike or Heart Strike rotation depending on what the boss is doing makes Blood a lot of fun. I actually have to push more than 3 buttons compared to Frost.

Frost: With the change to the proc on the off hand weapon you can't really screw this up. The proc is frequent enough that you don't have to wait for runes to Oblit, just Frost Strike instead.

Unholy: Unholy has more of a set rotation than the other 2 specs. The challenge in Unholy is getting the most out of Dark Transformation. You really have to watch the timer on the ghoul to know when to pool Runic Power and pop AMS to transform your ghoul. If you do it right, the ghoul will only be in untransformed state for a few seconds.

I do miss the ability to Death Strike in an emergency during a PVE encounter for a quick heal.
Having Bone Shield only block larger strikes, maybe 15-20% of HP.

Blood Strike - There is never any reason to use this spell.
- World of Warcraft
90 Undead Death Knight
PvE is my main focus. I'm in a semi-casual raiding guild (twice a week ~3 hours) but we get all the normal modes down before massive nerfs usually.

I do PvP every now and then when bored, but nothing too serious.

Raids, mostly on normal mode but complete. My dps logs are generally at the top of my gear level.

BG's + Arena's + TB/world PvP.

Blood tap only reliably works for refreshing the first blood rune. Sometimes I'll have Bb and use blood tap, nothing happens. Kind of annoying having to only use it when the first one is down.

Dark Simulacrum is disappointing in PvE. I almost wish there was a way you could store a spell in it or something.

Frost has a pretty high lack of movement which can be annoying on certain boss fights. But the AoE snare from Howling Blast and Knockback prevention of Pillar of Frost make up for it I feel.

Anti-magic shell. Seriously such a unique and great ability. If you gutted the class to only be able to auto attack and AMS I would probably still play it.

Other minor utility functions are really nice too. The knockback prevention from PoF. Death Grip when necessary. AoE snares from Howling blast and roots from Chains of Ice when necessary.

Having a little more survivability was nice in PvE before. If a tank died there were times I could stay alive long enough for them to get back up or for us to finish it off. Now only having 20% from Icebound Fortituded and not much from Death Strike when not in blood spec it feels like I generally die as fast as any non-plate class.

Not having a threat drop was one of the biggest issues. The recent threat changes really helped that.

Sometimes having to spam too many buttons can be tiresome. I'd say being global cooldown capped in general (1.0 second GCD or 1.5 second GCD) is not particularly fun. When you're GCD capped it feels like you only have the potential to lose dps, not earn any.

I like Frost play style of having a few core attacks you use: Frost Strike, Obliterate and Howling Blast. Then you have lots of situational things, but you don't use them in rotation: Outbreak, Plague Strike, Anti-magic shell, Horn of Winter, Death Grip, Mind Freeze, Empowered Rune Weapon, Chains of Ice, Raise Ally.

Frost compared to other classes DPS can feel almost more like you're playing a rhythm game. At the moment with both main hand and off hand weapons procing Killing Machine and high levels of haste providing the best dps you generally can't really sit on a Killing Machine proc to wait for Obliterate to come up. If you do you're ether wasting resources or over writing KM procs anyway.

I almost wish there was a way where playing in Unholy Presence (for 1.0 GCD + run speed) and stacking Mastery was the optimal choice. I feel like haste changing the refresh time for runes kind of hurts the class as the two biggest issues are being Resource starved or GCD capped (Resource flooded). A nice steady rune refresh rate would probably solve this. Maybe there's some gear level that will work out to this in 4.3 where we get ~2k haste then stack mastery? We'll have to see.

Something to be done with Hungering Cold. At instant speed it was pretty useful as an "Oh !@#$" button in dungeons when people would break CC or otherwise mess up. But with the cast time it just doesn't have the same effect. And what's worse is that it's a required talent point.

Some improvement to Dark Simulacrum. This could have been really cool, but instead it was pretty disappointing as an 85 skill. I'd love to see a way where you could store a spell you copied, so you could use it on a 1 min cooldown. Obviously not that simple. But somehow more useful.

Hungering Cold is near useless in PvE now. I used to pop it if a dps pulled a swarm of mobs off the tank when AoEing to save them and give the tank a second to grab aggro back. Now the dps will just end up dying before it's cast. Honestly the cast time really makes a difference.

Dark Simulacrum, when it works it's awesome. Using it on Zanzil's fire is sweet. And there's a few other cool opportunities to use it. But outside of PvP it's pretty lame. Most of the time copying a bolt or something is just weak and in Raid there's generally nothing you can even copy.
85 Human Rogue

PvP

N/A

Arenas, BGs, RBGs

Other melee classes wreck DKs easy, need a REAL cool down against melee classes. Dks get trained hard in most arenas. Death Strike buff last patch was needed, but it was OVER buffed. Next patch it was useless again, back to where it was, a skill thats a waste of a global.

As unholy, your pet is your damage. Having to stop the pet from using his main attack is a pain, just too pool energy for a stun that rarely occurs on time. I believe it should req. no energy (Their attack, of course the stun should cost energy). The Gargoyle should be fixed, it seems to get stuck in the weirdest places all the time, at the worst times. Pally instant "Turn Evil" to fear my pet all game really gets old, fast. Its like a perma disarm for a warrior. Its our main source of damage really for unholy, and to be a instant cast, that makes it 10x's worse. BM hunters have abilities to break their pets out of CC's, but DKs dont. /shrug

IMO the ranged silence =P

The fact that I am the kill target in 95% of all arena games (TRAIN THE DK), and the fact DKs have no real survivability like other melee classes. I always believed that DKs were a class that were meant to be pretty good at healing them selves, but at the current state in PvP (Non Blood Spec), Rogues out heal DKs 99% of the time. In Unholy spec, you have to keybind every pet ability, which can become quiet annoying. Having to stop their attack just so you can pool energy for a stun that most of the time doesnt go off when you press it sucks. The gargoyle seems to always get stuck in things and becomes a waste of a global.

Rotation for Frost and Unholy is fine.

- Fix Unholy pet energy problem somehow
- Fix survivability against melee
- Fix Unholy Gargoyle (Or give us a new CD =] )
- Do something about constant pet CC (For Unholy... Who cares about Frost DKs pet, right?), especially against paladins instant cast (when glyphed... Most of the time it is glyphed lol..)

Death Strike. A waste of a global cool down. (Maybe increasing its healing by x% and give it a x cool down (If not in blood spec) ?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]