Class Feedback – Death Knight

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
My focus is on PvE, but if there were a better system of world pvp similar to the RvR systems of games like DAOC or WAR available I would focus on both or even more heavily on PvP.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
The majority of my PvE is raiding. I did like heroics but they lost their luster after I had geared through them completely. Occasionally I will run a heroic to polish off my VP for the week, or to help a guildie.

I generally do not solo queue as a tank, so the bag gets wasted on me, nor do we ever run heroics without a full 5 man group. IMO that bag reward should go to groups that might only queue with 3-4 people allowing the last 1-2 slots going to randoms.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
I used to enjoy Arenas but the patching of classes mid season ruined them for me in the past. I occasionally will run a few random BGs on a whim, but generally the lack of many map options / gameplay modes, and the inability of the BG finder to develop balanced teams results in me just getting bored before moving on to other things. I've joined in Rated BGs a handful of times, generally my main issue with this is how hard it can be to get a team together to play while on a raid schedule.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
On all specs there is a noticable gap in the rune rotations that often just leaves us sitting there waiting to do something.

The bouncing in DPS power between Unholy, Frost+2h Frost every tier sort of sucks too.

The dependance on diseases being on targets in order for other abilities to function at full strength is a neat idea, but can be painful sometimes given the weakness of Icy Touch+Plague Strike, and on fights with heavy target switching.

The way blood needs to actively tank just to perform on par with other classes who can reach the same point passively is sort of annoying, but I do find this tanking style to be more engaging than my old protection paladin.

What makes playing your class more fun?

The psuedo mix of some ranged spell style abilities, and melee combat.

What makes playing your class less fun?
I sometimes feel that in Blood I am putting in more work for less return, compared to other tanks.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Blood's rotation trips on itself sometimes.
With the need to blow away blood runes in order to keep up Blade Barrier.
Pool Death Runes for Death Strikes.
Gaps in the rotation on all 3 specs where all my runes are down, I lack runic power or a CD such as Horn of Winter to generate more.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
I think a cool way to split the two DPS specs up more would be to maybe make one of those specs RPDS, or roll into frost's spec the DW capabilities and have it focus on DW completely.

I also wish we could move away from procs off of auto attacks, and more towards a controlled system where things like KM would proc from every third frost strike or obliterate etc etc.

What spells do you use the least?
Blood Boil never really gets used anymore.
Dark Sim is a very neat spell idea but in PvE never really gets used. In PvP it is pretty awesome.
Some talents are always passed over in Blood, such as Crimson Scourge(just remove it) and Annihilation's Might(Roll it into the spec).
85 Orc Death Knight

Both

Raids primarily, heroics (achievements - if they are fun and challenging & VP if I haven't capped with raids). Grinding content isn't fun, so while I eagerly wait for the next set of dungeons in 4.3, ZA&ZG and cata heroics is what I consider "completed" content. I haven't been there for months.

Arenas, BGs occasionally (as a stress-reliever, not that it always works)

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Presence reset when I respec. (retain current presence)
Deathgate is just a one-way portal. (make it two-way?)
Trying to target/AE a big pack with howling blast when you are in the middle of it is annoying with the directionality requirement.
TAB: if only this button worked. How do I expect it to work? A: Target the closest mob (alive) in front of me and cycle through mobs in increasing range (but in melee). If not in melee, then target mob at spell cast range (<40yd) and again only mobs in front. If I have my back to something, it means I have nothing to do with it.

Deathgrip, Deathstrike, Anti-magic shell. I really like this class with its unique "dark" feel to it. Some call me a confused paladin/lock/mage/rogue (eh what?), I just call myself a Death Knight :)

Survivability: As a tank, having less armor than other tanks is not something I fancy. Compared to a block-capped tank, being melee'd for close to twice the dmg with an average hit is not something I'd wanna do. I do not want to lecture healers about Deathstrike and Runic Empowerment. As over-powered as I feel in dungeons/easier content as a blood dk, I feel quite apprehensive in a raid. Most of concerns regarding this spec are being talked about (GC blog) already, so I wont bother repeating them. I still do not like being reliant on Deathstrike. I would prefer a much higher static damage reduction, the wrath days felt better. In fact, I switched full time to tanking on my DK in the LK raid days from my prot-paladin as I found it more fun. I was ready to sacrifice the best tank spec, albeit "boring", in those days for one that I felt was more fun and engaging. Today that sacrifice feels way too high for me.
As a dps, I'm quite happy with the state of things in PvE. Its fun and enjoyable as frost, I'm about to switch to unholy just for fun.
In PvP, squishy is the one word to describe my class. Not being able to pop IBF w/o runic power is a big gripe I have. Not being able to [Raise Dead]+[Death Pact] quick enough. Frankly my defenses are not available when I need them most. When I have them available, I'm not the least bit threatened for life and I end up being called OP. In my alt's 3s team (i heal as a holy paladin with a shadow priest & dk), we started off with the DK as UH. Then switched to Frost which felt superior from the burst & splash damage. Finally we got him to play his undergeared aff-lock and we feel pretty good making that change. Overall, I feel a DK in PvP would be better off if we could trade some damage for control/survival.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Frost: I miss the 1.5s GCD I was used to in wrath. Frost presence saw some use in Magmaw for better AE. I haven't used it since. The AE is a bit frustrating at times, with Rime procs. KM procs are fine since they are single-target. AE procs leads to a very unreliable AE damage thoroughput. Its high up in the sky or not there at all. I just let the warlock/druid do their thing for adds nowadays when the AE requirement lasts only 5-6 seconds.
Unholy: I'm scared I might suffer CTS from spamming scourge strike.
Blood: Runic Empowerment is frustrating. As much as a fire mage. Especially when I badly need it.

Dark Simulacrum. I use it on Ragnaros just to see the 'blastwave' spell effect. I would like to see the CD on this spell removed or drastically reduced so it sees more consistent use. This is one spell that could potentially be used to trade damage for control (steal cc's) as I mentioned earlier in PvP.
Shorter cooldown for Empowered Rune Weapon. It feels lackluster for a 5m ability.

Dark Sim for the reasons mentioned above.

Thank you,
Vaali
85 Worgen Death Knight
PVE
Heroics, Raids, etc.
Movement impairing fights. (i.e., fights where I can't move and DPS easily. Alysrazor for example, a dozen different things to kill me.
High Damage, AoE Damage, Fast Attacks.
On and off rune regen.
Personally I love the rotation, there's not much wrong with it. The only thing I find really annoying though is the Killing Machine system. Most of my Killing Machines are wasted on Frost Strike rather than Obliterate, either because of the lengthy wait time for a rune to regen or the fact that im button mashing Frost Strike to dump RP, and the graphical proc comes up after i've already used my Frost Strike (counting it for that) and the effect goes away.
Better Killing Machine proc management.
Blood Strike, Dark Simulacrum.
85 Undead Death Knight
Pve/Pvp

All, well rounded

Main concern - Dancing Rune Weapon..

Diseases that apply while the rune weapon is up shouldnt fall off when ability is expired, most of the time I'm out of runes by the time my dots are stacked, frankly I don't think they last long enough. Most dots in game don't dissappear until they are dispelled or expire.

Ability least used would be bloodstrike frankly is just a waste of a blood rune IMO.
90 Night Elf Druid
pve frost dk (run all pve content with him)

overall i don't have any complaints here only things i really would like to see is outbreak being able to be used atleast every 30secs or so but even less time would be nicer

also a glyph to make brez give 100% health like glyph of rebirth would be nice

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
overall its pretty nice...would like to get rid of plague strike(only use because of outbrake's long cd

also would like to see death gate work as a 2 part spell....casting opens the deathgate that takes u to the ebon hold and using the deathgate in the ebon hold will return u to where u casted it the first time
85 Orc Death Knight
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

Mostly PVP

All

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

1. to be able to use food in Arenas and Rated BGs
2. taunts work in pvp
3. if Outbreak had a shorter cooldown
4. if we had 1 more interrupt

The “up in you face” fighting style, not the running from enemies shooting them or casting spells at them.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

It keeps you on your toes. With wotlk rotations is was easier to manage your runes and runic power but it felt like spamming buttons. This “rotation” doesn’t let you spam buttons.

1. This is for all classes not just DK’s, to be able to use food in Arenas and Rated BGs why else would you level up cooking if you can’t use it in your playstyle. I leveled up cooking so I could help out my Rated BG team with Seafood Magnifique Feast only to find out I can’t use it. Seem like cooking is only useful in PVE.
2. I think all taunts (from warriors and druids as well) should at least make an opponent retarget in pvp, and make them manually have to reselect their target. (to help save your healer. Similar to the way hunters can use feign death in pvp.)
3. If Outbreak had a 30 sec cooldown. That way you would have to choose between extra damage from Icy Touch and Plague Strike also getting Desecration up OR saving two runes and just spreading your diseases.
4. If Dark Simulacrum would actually steal the spell or interrupted as well as reflected the spell or you could glyph it to interrupt.

Actually I don’t use about ¼ of my spells because I either cant or they don’t do anything beneficial in PVP
90 Human Death Knight

I know this is going to sound really strange, but....

I really like world events. Holiday events were a blast on my main. (Though population is a bit sparse now that the 310 mount is purchasable.)

Downing a giant Spirit Wolf cross-faction felt awesome. So too did trying to sneak into Orgrimar to steal the flame with 20 guys just hanging around waiting on me. (Fortunately, my main at the time was a Feral Druid.)

The initial population boom in new content is great, let's get some more people out into this wonderful world you've made.

Tri spec. It's a demand that's overrated. What I'd really rather have is a 'Death Knight' option for other classes. Level one character to max, you can form another at 55-60. Have one working on PvP, the other PvE. Make 1 caster Druid, 1 Feral druid. Make one a 'raiding' toon aimed at maximizing gear, and the other a 'goof around' one that need not be optimized, but still strong enough to be useful and fun.

Also, BoP removal from a lot of older items would be nice for everyone. Gearing up is a pain, and letting us ship drops from bosses to leveling guild members or alts or friends would ease that pain.

Bring back the Black Knight. Also, make his Armored Ebon Griffon from the Tournament obtainable.

Also, I would like Unholy spec to be able to 'tame' undead the way a Hunter tames pets.

Also, I would like the old Raise Ally to make a comeback. Not in full, but while 'battle rez' is on raid cooldown. (Warlocks could raise an ally as a demon, and Druids as a Treant or Lasher.)
85 Worgen Death Knight
PvE
Raids and Heroic Dungeons

Self Healing is amazing, i would like to see a different system of rune recharge. It can get annoying when ur runes have to recharge.
I love to be able to solo some of the LK content. I love self healz and some good crits even as a blood dk.
I think that sometimes the fact of rune recharging can be annoying because then you have two different "ability currency" to cope with. (runes and runic power)
I feel that blizz could change or add some spells for the blood spec because mostly you only use a partial bit of you spell book if you are tanking.
I would love to have titan grip. I would also like to be able to use ranged weapons. And it would be help full to have alot more blood runes since as a tank i dont use the others as often.

Anti-Magi Shell, Icebound Fort, Runic Empowerment, and a couple others i can't really think of. I mainly use the blood spec spells and abilities.
85 Tauren Death Knight
APA
[quote="31717226093"]What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both!

heroic instances , raids.

Bgs

shorter cd's on interupts please

Dark Transformation

Ghoul UI issues, lack of permanent pet name, restriction of 2 ghoul types.

very good now! more haste the better. also alot better with the firelands 2 piece bonus (horn of winter)

more ghouls
More awsome HERO CLASS LOOKING GEAR AND WEAPONS SPECCED FOR LORE AND PURE AWSOME NESS ( DK LEGENDARYS)

blood strike
heart strike
death strike

UNHOLY FTW!
85 Troll Death Knight

PvP.

Mostly N/A, I might occasionally do 5 mans.

Arena and BGs

The occasional bug with the rune and runic power system. Sometimes they show as off cooldown or as having enough of a rune/RP and it doesn't use the ability, saying I don't. Possibly a UI bug, but the outcome is the same either way.
Also, Death Strike as Frost or Unholy. Glyph of Dark Succor was too much and I'm happy it was nerfed. 15% was too high w/ the old glyph of dark succor, but 7% healing from an ability that costs 2 majorly important runes and does next to no damage is nearly worthless when you're being focused anyway. Though that is rather offset by lichborne I'll admit.

I absolutely adore alternative class resources. Runes and Runic Power, how they both effect eachother, is probably the reason I play this class at all.

Can't DPS as Blood in PvE anymore. I REALLY enjoyed that in wrath.

Blood's is heavily reliant on Death Strike, but that's alright. It feels like you're waiting for the moment to strike, and strike hard, rather than constant bashing like Unholy or Frost.
Frost's Rotation is good. Not too complicated, not too easy.
Unholy's also alright. Different from and more complicated than frost but still simple enough.

Dark Sim. using the enemy's spellpower rating on spells stolen. (in PvP)
Death Strike healing being raised to like 9-10% baseline. It's pretty broken in PvP atm.
Having each spec's appropriate presence be the best presence for said spec for the role it's supposed to play.

Blood Strike
Icy Touch
Edited by Doomkookies on 9/16/2011 6:52 PM PDT
88 Gnome Death Knight
both
all
arenas and bgs ..and rated bgs soon

make frost presence viable again
bring back acclimation
remove the two second cast from hungering cold
make frost strike like overpowered again
magic warrior strong aoe as a frost dk etc

not able to fight in frost presence

its fun, simple and easy

bring acclimation back
make Frost strike like overpowered again

bloodstrike and icytouch in later levels
90 Tauren Death Knight
PVE

Heroic Dungeons, Raids

N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For Unholy the ramp up time to get to our max sustained DPS. For Frost the fact that meat and potatoes of spec is based on Killing Machine proccing, (and it proccing just as I hit Frost Strike

Getting as much DPS as possible, while providing useful Utility.

RNG mechanics determining how effective my damage is.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I honestly find the rotation for Unholy in and of itself fine, but as stated earlier the ramp up time to get it to maximum efficiency could be sped up. For frost, frankly the rotation for max dps is easy to understand but hard to execute due to the RNG nature of Killing Machine. Making Killing machine a passive crit boost and introducing another proc effect to either up the damage done or just do a random skill that would end up being a cherry on top effect for the dps for min/maxers would go a long way.

KM Being made just a passive crit boost to Obliterate and Frost Strike and in conjunction with this a proc to replace KM to boost Damage done by say 4% for 10 - 15 secs that could be used much like Rime procs within a certain time limit to maximize dps.
Ramp up time for the ghoul on UH getting shortened to only need 3 stacks
Ghoul for UH actually being effected more than it is buy ALL our stats
Crit passive for Death Coil and Scourge Strike for UH
Scourge Strike getting its Damage upped and changed to pure shadow damage
Death Coil either getting damage increased OR Runepower cost reduced while you are UH
Having a Reason to use Frost Presence (Giving it the GCD reduction would help with this)

Blood Strike (Though Frankly I could care less about it)
Army of the Dead
Path of Frost
Edited by Scuzzbucket on 9/16/2011 7:13 PM PDT
85 Human Death Knight

Almost entirely PvE, starting to dabble in PvP.

Top-tier raiding as a tank. Generally not heroic raids as I never have enough time to get heroic-ready geared before the next tier is released, they come out too fast and nerfs happen far too quickly!

At the moment just random BGs until I get the hang of things on my DK. :)

This applies to raiding only, as heroic 5-mans have lower level bosses. My largest QoL issue would have to be gearing a Blood DK properly. I find at the moment we have WAY too many stats to worry about. I really do not want it to be as simple as stacking one or two uber-stats, but as it stands in raids we need to manage mastery, parry, dodge, stamina, hit, and expertise all at the same time in order to survive (DS not healing/shielding on a miss, etc. can kill you) whereas other tanking classes can more or less forego hit and expertise entirely. I do like having a complex class but feeling like it is never possible to have anywhere near close to enough of anything because you have to have everything gets a bit frustrating at times.

Apart from that managing diseases at times is annoying because you have to decide between using two runes for diseases and skipping a DS, or using DS and having the boss smack you harder and faster for another 4-6 seconds. Either of those options both suck and I feel like we're simply forced to suffer one every minute when outbreak is on CD no matter how good of a tank we are. I would much prefer to have more skills akin to Blood Tap or Bone Shield that cost a rune so instead of deciding to DS or apply diseases we're deciding to DS or use some other mitigation/survivability, or even DPS skill to help out.

Quite a few things! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how "manual-ized" the DK tank is and how in-control you are of all of your mitigation. I dislike tanking on my warrior and pally because I feel more like they are just "stand there and poke the boss".

I love how DK tanks seem to be able to survive through and turn around bad situations more than other tanks can if you're a good player.

2-handed tanking is flat out awesome, plain and simple. (although I wish I could dual wield without being branded fail)

The over complexity of blood DK gearing compared to every other tanking class (and almost every other class too for that matter). Needing all of parry, hit, dodge, expertise, mastery, stamina just to survive - not to hold threat.

Bone shield eating up 1k hits JUST before a 50k hit lands on me (I know timing is important and needs to be learned for good tanking, but it's annoying when you're on a boss and something accidentally pokes you and eats up the last charge)

Empower Rune Weapon feels clunky, not underpowered by any means, just clunky. A 5 minute cooldown to activate all runes (so you only want to use it when your runes are all at about 10% or less regened or you feel like you waste it) once and give you 25 runic power (which tbh, I never notice I get - I know I DO, I see it, I've just never once cared). I would much prefer if it was something more like, "5 min CD. Increases rune regeneration by 50% for 6 sec and replenishes half your runic power" or something. Not sure if that would be overpowered, but I would feel like I waste it way less often if it just speeds up rune regen rather than resetting them.

Dark Simulacrum is AWESOME in PvP. In PvE however, it's at very most funny to use occasionally and go, "tee hee hee, I waterbolted you for less damage than diseaseless heart strike!". Seeing as it IS our 85 spell I feel highly gimped that I never ever ever get to use it.

I know this isn't really DK related - but I also hate having only two specs. I really want to be able to have a PvE tanking spec, PvE dps spec, PvP flag carrying spec, and a PvP dps spec. Right now I just have my primary for PvE tanking and my secondary as PvP dps-built-like-a-tank to try and accommodate all the roles but it's difficult. I don't see why we can't be allowed to have 3-5 specs and just have to pay a hefty sum to unlock them, or heck, as many specs as we want. Something like the gear sets you can make, just talent sets instead.
85 Human Death Knight
Continuing from above.. Sorry about the length - I just like explaining my thoughts fully :)

I love that I feel like I don't have one, that's what makes it great and is also the reason I can't stand dps classes. Tanking I have a few priorities that I use, such as diseases must be up, or death strike whenever I get hit, etc. DPS classes I can't stand to play because it's quite literally "Skill A, Skill B, Skill C, Skill B, repeat" for 5-10 minutes on each boss.

I've already stated most of it, but here's a quick re-list!

• Too many stats to worry about right now!

• Dark Simulacrum feeling entirely useless in PvE

• Empower Rune Weapon feels clunky but not underpowered

• I wish Bone Shield was a bit smarter, even if that meant less charges

• Having to decide between missing diseases for a bit or not using Death Strike once per minute

• Feeling like I have to make a second Death Knight because I don't have enough specs to do everything I'd like to on this one

• I use Lichborne to heal myself (need I add, I feel like it's ridiculously overpowered). Almost no DK I meet knows you can do that. If it is an intended feature I think players need to somehow be made aware that you can macro /cast [@player] Death Coil. Having to do out-of-game research just to use a skill to its fullest is clunky and not something casual players like I'm sure.

Necrotic Strike, and Dark Simulacrum. If I PvPed more those would both be spammed however. I do feel like they need a re-thought entirely to make them PvE friendly as well. I also don't use Blood Strike, but that may just be because after level 10 when you can spec into something it's useless in Blood, Frost, and Unholy unless... oh, wait, after level 10... >_>... <_<. Hee hee :)

Don't think I'm upset or anything, I'm just taking the chance I have to get my opinion out there. I'm sure you'll keep doing a great job! :D
Edited by Sharshar on 9/16/2011 8:04 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Mainly PvP, though I have a tanking PvE offset, and know how to PvE DPS.

Heroics, -maybe- a pug raid back in WotLK, but nothing since Cata.

Arenas, Rateds, BGs, you name it.

Rune CD changes since Cata. I much preferred the old "regen as soon as you use it" system.
Hungering Cold's recent nerf. I understand a cast time, but 1.5 seconds is enough for someone to turn and run away from after a Death Grip.
Gargoyle's crazed CD
GHOUL MECHANICS. They feel, and have felt, very broken since release.

Doing a lot of damage and being able to switch from sustained to burst where needed. Utility.

The nerf of survivability in Death Strike, the inability to keep alive and do damage while doing so.

I feel that it's very broken at the moment, for Unholy in particular. I keep the same Chains-Disease-Festering Strike to keep them up if I need- but this is where it gets hard. Necrotic Strike vs. Scourge Strike. In PvP scourge strike has been completely abandoned for Necrotic strike in 90% of situations. I feel like my main skill has been completely taken out for a lower-DPS, utility strike. I believe the only things I've actually taken SS > NS in is a rogue or a feral druid, and even then keeping necrotics up for at least one stack is a must. I miss being able to put up diseases and then hitting up Scourge Strikes for a bulk of damage, instead of -needing- that healing nerf or they'd be burst healed straight back up in an arena.

A difference in speed for Scourge Strike/Necrotic Strike. Perhaps some sort of runic power thing on Necrotic Strike instead of runes, or making it a rune dump that dumps the debuff according to runic power, and duration according to runic power dumped? Something melee to put up while your unholy blights are already up and your runes are on CD from Scourge Strike damage?

I find Blood Strike doesn't get used at all while I'm playing Unholy. Pestilence is a much better use for spreading diseases.
Icy Touch. Why Icy Touch when I have Chains?
AMZ. Anti-Magic Zone. It's stationary absorb doesn't seem to make enough of a difference to justify taking a ton of damage while staying in Line of sight of whatever's free casting to destroy you.
Not using Scourge Strike nearly as much as I'd like to.
Army of the Dead. It doesn't do well for me in PvP when I do arenas mostly, and in PvE and PvP where I can use it (Vann in Alterac, The Boss Guy in IoC) it just makes the tanks mad that their target is getting kited everywhere.
Both
Currently Heroics. Will be involved with Raids soon.
BGs.
NA
Having a wide assortment of AoE damage attacks, blended with single target attacks. ie (DnD, HB / OB FS).
The lack of defensive cooldowns makes it difficult to be successful in BG's and Arena. I also think that DW and 2H should be similar in each presence. I should not be forced to use one or the other depending on which spec I am.
I find that it's very easy in PvE: DnD, HB, PS, OB OB DS DS OB OB DS DS. Very easy. Very effective.
Ah! Finally! Well first off, I'm a shield guy. I love me a good shield. I'd be more inclined to spec blood and tank if we could use a shield. Also, more defensive cooldowns. Yes we can heal ourselves, but we have two means of doing so outside of the blood spec. That just doesn't cut it in a PvP environment. Who usually dies first in a Holy Pally, Warrior, Death Knight Arena? The DK. 99% of the time. Also, allowing us to use either DW or a 2H at our personal preference, while pulling similar DPS would be great. I feel restricted having to use DW in frost, when I find a massive 2H sword much more appealing to use and play with.
What spells do you use the least? In BG: I pretty much use all my abilities evenly, at least I try to. But probably Anti-Magic Shell. I can pop it, and the caster attacking can basically fear me, or freeze me, run away, let it run out, then begin wrecking me again. It doesn't last long enough in my opinion which is why I don't use it that much. In PvE: Probably Death Coil, unless I heal myself or am at a distance. Other than that, I don't ever use Blood Strike. It has no place in a PvE setting. HB PS OB OB DS DS. Rinse and repeat.

both
heriocs
battlegrounds , arenas
surivablity of frost dks in battlegrounds
frost surival in battlegrounds and to a extent damage against other plate classes isnt matching warriors burst damage is insane
rotation is fine
more survivalbilty as frost ,unholy and blood seem fine i just hate pvping with a pet and kiting like a hunter
85 Undead Death Knight
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvP mostly.

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• If I do PvE these days, it's just heroics/questing.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Areans with my roomate, BGs when he's not around. Haven't tried RBG with this guy yet.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Well, in terms of PvP, I can't really think of anything off the top of my head that's really so bad. With the exception of having to summon my ghoul every time I start an arena. That is pretty annoying.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Death Grip is a lot of fun, as is playing with diseases with outbreak and pestilence.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• When playing anything but unholy, the randomly regenerated runes is more of a hindrance than a help. It adds too much of a RNG feel to the class.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Since I primarily PvP, I don't have a "rotation" to speak of. The only thing is while doing dungeons the Rune Mechanic is extremely clunky.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Maybe some new Runeforges? been using the same ones since DKs came into being. I'd love to see an update on those. I always felt that was a really cool concept that's being under utilized

• What spells do you use the least?
  • [/ul]
    Blood strike. The only time it gets used is when i need to get rid of a filthy blood rune, and rune tap is on CD.

I would also like to say something regarding Blood in PvP. When I have played as blood, or if I'm fighting against blood, I have always felt it's doing far too much damage for a tanking class. It just strikes me as odd that something is almost impossible for a DPS melee class to kill, but it does almost as much damage as the DPS melee class. when ever it comes down to a Melee class vs a blood DK, the Melee is going to lose. Unless there is a huge gap in gear or the blood DK forgets he has death strike. When I was playing as blood in arenas with my friend, it felt like cheating when ever there was a rogue or warrior etc on the other team. But on the flip side of it, A blood DK just falls apart against ranged opponents. the entire spec just feels so out of place in PvP. Either you end up against melee and giggle as they try to kill you, or you end up against a mage and end up putting your keyboard through your monitor in frustration. I don't know if this is how you wanted Blood to end up in PvP or not, but its how it feels right now. But what I understand from my friend's who have Blood tanks for raiding they have similar issues with how blood handles. It seems to me that the entirety of Blood needs to be reworked. Oh my that was much more rant-y than i wanted it to be.
    Edited by Deathllama on 9/16/2011 10:43 PM PDT
    PvP mostly

Arenas and BGs. I don't care much for rated BGs.

Having to teleport back to Ebon Hold every time I want to switch a rune on my weapon or respec. Death knights have been around for a few years now. I'm sure Garrosh Hellscream could afford to make a few accomidations for us in Horde capital cities.

Putting up my 2 diseases on large groups of enemy players in bgs by using pestilence. Then dropping death and decay under them. And then spamming Howling Blast to inflate my numbers on the damage meters. lol

Other than sacrificing pet or using Lichborne and Deathcoiling myself to heal, which are both big cooldowns, poor self healing and low survivability in PvP. Makes me a sad panda. ='{

My rotation consists of about 5 buttons. I suppose it's a bit more simple than most other classes. Can't complain.

-Hungering cold becoming instant cast again. Seriously it was fair the way it was. Now it's almost useless in arena other than using it as a counterspell sponge. Everyone either interrupts you or just walks out of range and laughs at you. It says something when you have to root someone(cc them) in order to get another cc off.
    -Glyph of Dark Succor being fixed. It needed to be nerfed I agree with that. 15% heal was over the top. However it didn't get nerfed it was made so useless that it may as well have been removed from the game. My suggestion: either 1 make it heal for 11% or so no cooldown or 2 let it to continue to heal for 15% like it did except give it a short cooldown(12 seconds or so).
    -A Frost Mage nerf. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE!!!

Hungering cold same as any other frost DK. It's a casted, interruptable, immobile, frost locking "crowd control ability" that breaks with 1 point of damage with the exception of diseases. I think seeing the best frost DKs in the world compete in this years arena competition almost never successfully get this spell off speaks volumes.
    Edited by Furíel on 9/17/2011 12:31 AM PDT
    88 Blood Elf Death Knight
    What type of content do you focus on?
    Frost Spec, PvE
    Blood Spec PvP

Raids and Heroics

BGs

Army of the Dead, Howling Blast, ect.

Could work more on getting diseases fit in while tanking in blood, while frost I'm usually waiting for a cooldown to finish or more runic power

Frost tanking again

Plague strike, anti-magic shell, raise ally
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]