Class Feedback – Death Knight

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE Raiding
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
25 man raiding
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Tank: Blood shield does not work with vampiric blood...please fix
DPS: Haphazard KM and Rime procs which either dont proc or proc just before hit.

What makes playing your class more fun?
Currently the speedy playstyle i have as frost DW.
What makes playing your class less fun?
If i deviate from my build (be it frost, unholy, or blood) my dps or survivability will severely drop.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Simple, which is a good and bad thing in ways that i feel like im spamming about 4 buttons (minus cooldowns). Also, going from frost to tank all the time is frustration as the frost rotation is insanely fast and the blood rotation is ridiculously slow.
What’s on your wish list for your class?
Less RNG for our DPS and a more interesting tanking setup.
What spells do you use the least?
Blood strike is 100% useless remove it or incorporate it. Also hungering cold is gathering dusty in the corner. Dark Sim has very few uses as well.

85 Draenei Death Knight
- What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

- If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics/10-man normal mode raiding

- If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

N/A

- What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I know I'm encouraged to pop Horn of Winter on every cooldown, but I often don't remember to. Not to mention, keeping track of the buff while I'm busy tanking is one other thing to worry about. I have a similar sort of tunnel vision on my leveling prot warrior, as well. Also - any other class/spec can have their enchant of choice ready to go on a scroll, or have the mats in their bags and get a new weapon enchanted immediately. DKs sometimes can't use their new weapons right away if pressed for time, when every minute counts in a raid. Maybe runeforges could be stored on scrolls? My guildmates tease me when I say I want a Portable Runeforge... =P

- What makes playing your class more fun?

A death knight in any spec feels pretty unique from playing another melee dps or tank. I like that blood's centered on self heals. I also love the flexibility of certain abilities. I could use Lichborne to prevent a negative effect, or I could use it to cast Death Coil on myself for some extra heals. I could summon my ghoul to help the group's DPS and give it a slight edge or I can explode him for an emergency heal. I like being able to make these sorts of choices about how I use an ability; it's interesting when a spell can do different things in different situations.

- What makes playing your class less fun?

The fact that a fresh 85 prot paladin or warrior has more armor than I do, and I'm in full epics :( I love 2H tanking, but I seem to remember blood presence (or even the old frost presence) granting a far greater armor bonus. I know Bone Shield and the Blade Barrier changes are addressing this, so I'm optimistic about DK tanking in patch 4.3.

- How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I experimented with Unholy for a while early in Cata and it's super fun - I love how refreshing the diseases feels, and getting your uber-ghoul. However, my heart belongs to frost for DPS (ever since beta) and frost feels pretty much right on. I almost would not mind another spell in my rotation, though! I like that Blood Strike isn't needed now - it feels a lot more fluid now.

Blood rotation doesn't feel too bad. I know a lot of people are frustrated with the way the runes recharge, or say that Death Strike is the only strike worth using, but I use Heart Strike and Blood Boil whenever I can and it feels fine to me. I think we have some of the coolest mitigation/avoidance cooldowns in the game. Blood DPS was a fun spec, but I think blood taking is largely a successful venture.

- What’s on your wish list for your class?

1) Portable runeforge...sort of kidding! As I addressed earlier, some way to make runeforging slightly more accessible/convenient since there are only two in the game world that I know of.

2) More armor. If Blade Barrier's revamp is going to be an armor boost equivalent to what a shield would provide, I'd be okay with that. I'd be thrilled if there was a way to buff Blood Presence without disrupting game balance.

3) I know this would make Pestilence all but useless for tanks, but I love the Blood and Thunder talent in the prot warrior tree, and I'd love a talent deeper in the blood tree that worked the same way, but with Blood Boil.

4) I'd love to see Bloodworms as something a little more dynamic, if there was a way that could work. I like the extra healing the little guys do, but I'm usually so busy doing tank things that I don't notice they're there! It could be interesting, maybe, if it was turned into a spell like Shadowfiend, except returning health (and doing a minor amount of DPS as the shadowfiend does).

5) More tank-centric weapons. Itemizing for blood DK is probably awkward, but it feels like a waste getting a weapon with haste or crit on it, and expertise and hit don't feel super valuable at the moment.

- What spells do you use the least?

I don't currently play Unholy, so anything specific to that rotation goes unused. I've otherwise managed to cram a lot on to my action bars. I already addressed my concerns with Horn of Winter, but that's unintentional that I don't hit it as much as I should. I also sometimes don't know when to use Dark Simulacrum in a PvE setting unless I've researched it or someone explained it to me beforehand. I think the only time I use it reliably is on the Zanzili Fire in Zul'Gurub.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to us death knights!
90 Gnome Death Knight
I PvP and PvE allot. When I'm not tanking raids I'm usually in the arena or a random bg.

The two biggest problems that I have with my class are as follows...

1. Death Knights are the only class with absolutely no escape mechanic. Frost did have Hungering Cold and run but now casting that will just get us killed. Sure we have a couple of ways to slow our enemies (one of which requires us to be hitting something with melee attacks) but not the mobility to get away. We need like a reverse Death Grip / Intervene / Heroic leap kind of thing or something... anything would be better than what we have.

2. We take way too much spiky damage while tanking. This could easily be fixed by altering the Blood Shield mastery slightly. Instead of absorbing all the damage up front it should only absorb a percentage of the incoming damage. That way it won't completely be blown with 1 hit, taking almost no damage then full damage from the next hit. Healers hate that.

Healer- "Geez, Hellmet! He's hitting you for 80k. The druid is only getting hit for 50k. You sure you have your tank gear on?"

Hellmet- "Yep, 4 piece T12."

Druid- "Hehe I only have 2 piece."
85 Orc Shaman
Frost DPS/Tank
PvE

Heroic Raid

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Having to maintain runic power as a tank. Needing 60 RP to brez. Interrupt is melee range and spell hit based.

AoE, big crits, and the healing power as a tank

Ranged fights, not having an aggro dump. Unholy was incredibly boring

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Feels great

Seems silly that we use Unholy Pres. for frost spec dps, but I enjoy the running speed.
Less aggro as dps

Festering Strike
Edited by Gokanma on 9/22/2011 12:38 PM PDT
90 Human Death Knight

heroic dungeons to get valor points, sell boe bracers make money.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

arena, random battlegrounds, rated bgs.

having amazing enchants? but with that comes no weapon chain and yea...10 second disarm is pretty dumb, having to choose between best enchant in game, or gimp my damage by getting weapon chain.

wide utility i suppose

getting trained my melee cleaves all day. Its unbelieveable how squishy dks are in pvp atm. As unholy i can barely tank down rmp or RM in 2v2 by sitting in blood presence and downgrading my ruthless weapon to my season 9 2h with a weapon chain. EVEN then i still have to be spamming death strike.

its fine, no problem.

bring back death strike to maybe 12% healing? with a short cd, maybe 5-6 seconds or 15% with 8 second cd? atm dks mobility is trash unless unholy and you almost always need freedom as frost.

FROST PRESENCE LOL, blood strike is pretty garbo also

9/12/2011
85 Goblin Death Knight
PvE

25m Heroic Raiding

n/a

Idle Globals: I usually play Unholy as it is my preferred spec, but regardless of the spec I am playing there are usually several instances during a boss encounter in which I'll have no runes available for use and have gotten no runic empowerment/corruption procs. It's extremely annoying to have to sit there and auto-attack for a few seconds because I have no resources to use on attacks.

Spell Hit Cap: Dual Wield Frost needing an additional 3% hit in order to fully cap spell hit is a bit of a problem when you're relying on things such as Howling Blast and Outbreak hitting the boss in order to keep diseases up. The remaining 3% should just be baked into the Nerves of Cold Steel talent or into the class as a default.

Raise Ally: I appreciate being given a battle rez, but I feel that 50 RP is a lot considering the player only returns with 20% of their HP. Please consider either giving us a glyph to reduce the cost (maybe to replace the Death Gate glyph) or have the player revive at 100% life. It's really annoying to need a player up quickly only to discover you need to attack the boss for a few seconds to get up to 50 RP.

Gargoyle: The summoned gargoyle choosing to melee the boss instead of using it's ranged attack is a problem. I shouldn't need to turn my character around and then summon the gargoyle in order for it to work properly. It's damage may as well be non-existent when it melees.

The fast paced play style balanced with juggling two unique resource systems.

The RNG nature of the rune system as Frost or Blood oftentimes drives me crazy. I just feel like there are too many times where Runic Empowerment will activate a useless rune or not do anything at all. Runic Corruption in the Unholy tree is significantly better, but there are still lulls where I sit around doing nothing, which can be frustrating.

Also, damage scaling in the Unholy tree is pretty bad. I enjoy playing Unholy, but even with gear upgrades throughout a raid tier my damage only gets marginally better. Frost on the other hand scales ridiculously well in comparison. Why would a raid want to take an Unholy DK when Frost offers better burst AOE and single target damage?

I think the rotation for Unholy is fine, with one major exception. Death & Decay should NOT really be a part of the single target rotation. DnD being a part of the single target rotation shows how weak of an attack Scourge Strike is.

I'd like to see Runic Empowerment removed and for Runic Corruption to be made the standard instead, it's a much better system. It would also be nice if the scaling issues with Unholy could be addressed (probably through some kind of Scourge Strike change).

Army of the Dead could also use some changes. It feels totally lackluster right now for what it costs. The total damage of the spell is roughly equivalent to 3 or 4 Scourge Strikes or Death Coils. Considering it costs 3 runes and a 5 second channel that seems pretty bad. The spell is really only able to be cast easily right before you pull a boss as there is almost never a good time to cast it during an actual boss fight.

Dark Simulacrum - Almost entirely useless in PvE. I don't PvP so I can't really comment on its usefulness there.
85 Night Elf Death Knight
-Both

-Raids/Other

-Arena/BGs

-Having Two Handers being more up to par with Dual Weld. Also Applying Diseases for PvP is a bit of a PITA.

-Big Hits, Class Theme, Runic/Runes, Good solo.

-Having to go through the process of applying Diseases to everyone in PvP in order to get max potential damage. Tanking also isn't as popular as other classes.

-Honestly, it's gone down the crapper. Apply DOTs and then spam Froststrike and Obliterate for half a minute. I like something like Enh Shaman where there are a lot more to go through.

-A Broader Rotation/Priority List, make Blood more popular, more CC. better party/raid buffs.

-Empower Rune Weapon, Blood Strike and Blood Tap.
85 Goblin Death Knight
Primarily PVE, would do more PVP if there was more variety. 
-
Heroics only to gear myself for raids (far to repetitive), then current Raid content.
-
BGs, Arenas
-
Death strike misses, blood attacks (blood boil and heart strike) are nearly pointless with threat changes and the importance of death strike. So in Blood spec all of my most useful spells use unholy and frost runes...
-
I really enjoy the complication of playing a DK. In my opinion that what makes it a hero class the sheer difficulty of resource management. 
-
Blood- The useless blood talents. The only runes a DK tank needs are frost and unholy. The blood attacks are just filler except to keep blade barrier up(which require little brain power). Why not incorporate heartstrikes into refreshing the charges on bone shield? Bone shield is only good for 4 hits every 30 seconds. Seriously? Why even have this, it's so under powered it can't be used as a CD and it interferes with death strikes which are required for living.  Just have heart strikes refresh the charges. For example each charge of bone sheila could have a hit point value of X. Each charge could grant the dk a percentage of block. Let's say 5% per charge. So you go into battle, activate bonesheild for 1 unholy rune. That grants you 1 charge granting you 5% block. You heatstrike twice activating bb and granting you 3 total charges totaling 15% block. The boss hits you for y dmg which is greater than x hit points thus consuming a charge and lowering your block chance to 10%. Y dmg is reduced by the previous 15% block and the remainder is subtracted from your health. This is simple and elegant, it makes bonesheild useful and heartstrike (our signature ability) more than a dps skill. 

If that isn't an option, maybe death strike should heal us, heart strike should give us the blood shield because after all it actually uses blood runes. And have festering strike refresh both our diseases and our bone shield. Both of these builds would greatly improve our class because it would promote the use of our signature skills as well as keeping our diseases up. The play style would involve much less death strike spamming. 

Frost DK- permanent death runes? How about we just call this class death knight for dummies. I thought this was a hero class. I guess it's now on easy mode. This change made me play unholy even with it having lower dps. 
-
Our rotation is more of a priority really. I'd like to see heart strike refresh bone shield charges. Have death strike heal weather it hits or not. Change dancing rune weapon, it's cool but why would a tank need a damage increase? Give us more avoidance on it and lower is rp cost. We have sword shattering enchant which gives us parry, blade barrier which gives us party AND dancing rune weapon. Why not have one of these grant us dodge? We are far to unbalanced considering we don't have block, and dodge/parry share diminishing returns. 
-
I want to ride my ghoul! I want a freaking bipedal ghoul mount!!!!!  (were talking a piggy back, not a ghoul on all fours either)

Also, unholy dks can't see their pet in the character selection screen, yet hunters and locks can. 

I really enjoyed the rune forging of the white sword during the dk starting zone that changed the way it looks and imbued it with powers. I wish rune forging wasent just a simple enchant. 

How about a flavor glyph for each class, for unholy dks maybe it changes the look of your ghoul. Blood dks it could make you leave a trail of blood behind you as you walk. 

Blood boil should cause a bleed effect for pvp purposes, rogues are very hard for a dk to kill when they vanish. 

Gear upgrades for every slot. I'm sick of having t12gear and no shoulder drops even after many many boss kills. 

A 3rd talent spec for pvp! Im a raid tank for my guild. I often dps for single tank fights. And I'd like to have a pvp spec. 

Dual wield tanking could be fun. 

Mind freeze should be glyph able to give you a 3sec stun. This would be an amazing utility improvement to our class. 
-
Heart strike as previously mentioned. 

Raise ally (really costs way too much runic power and gives back a useless amount of health.) just stupid.  Any fight with aoe dmg the person rezed is sure to die instantly. 

Dancing rune weapon. Too expensive should grant dodge instead of parry. 

Army of the dead 10 min cd that will taunt and ruin boss placement.  Fun but mostly pointless. 

Festering strike. For blood I wish this granted us death runes. It would make it worth while as it wouldn't interfere with death strike rotation. 

Frost presence, no one uses this. Ever. 
85 Orc Death Knight

PvE

Both dungeons and raids

Tol Barad

Deathstrikes that miss and therefor prolong my squishiness while tanking

Interesting resource system and many cooldowns

Slow periods and squishiness while tanking

I like deathknight rotations! They're fun and interesting thanks to the rune system

Frost using Frost presence. I dont' know why but something about having to use unholy presence to stay competitive kills the mood for the spec sometimes. I like being able to switch to blood when i need survivability. Just last night it helped us recover from a tank wipe on H Fandral. Presences can be like an extra utility in a way, but there isn't much of need for Frost presence. I'd also like a spell next expansion that defines and redefines the class the way GotAK did for Paladins and Time Warp did for mages.

Necrotic strike and Dark Sim.
100 Undead Death Knight
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE almost exclusively since Cata.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids primarily. Heroics only to get geared for raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
NA

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I like the old WotLK rune regeneration more than the current one. It seams like it was slowed down and nerfed to make it more forgiving for the less skilled.
Also dont like the new specs. Frost tanking and blood dps should have been kept. For druid feral spec you have worked the talents and mastery so both bear tanking and cat dps work out, you should have been able to do something similar for DKs for the blood and frost specs, that was a major reason why dks were so appealing as a class.
also: I WANT THREAT REDUCTION FOR TANKING SO ITS CHALLENGING TO HOLD THREAT AGAIN!

■What makes playing your class more fun?
Death grip is a really fun ability. I also like the different resource system. Also the active mitiagtion model for blood now is a nice change-up from the other tank classes.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
The above stated changes to the specs and rune regen.
Also the loss of Corpse Explosion is a big bummer. It wasnt that great of an ability but it was one of the most fun abilities in the game. Being able to blow up a fellow party/raid member if they died was awesome. I was really sad that this ability was removed.
For Blood having threat not be an issue. Tank traditionally has had 2 major components, holding threat and straying alive, now 1/2 of that is gone and so 1/2 of the fun and challenge of tanking is gone. Ive changed my main to a priest and my 2nd toon from prot pally to holy because of this.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Its pretty good all round. I feel its more restictive and slower now with the new rune regen system though.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Get corpse explosion back. also I would really like a frost tank and blood dps abilities in those trees.
Also having boneshield not cost an unholy rune, maybe a blood rune, so it doesnt make you either lose a DS or use 2 GCDs useing it and blood tap.
Frost Presence being useful for frost dks.

■What spells do you use the least?
blood strike. (I dont play unholy much because corpse explosion is gone and this ability is completly useless in frost and blood. maybe useless in unholy to but i don't know).
Frost presence
Edited by Maddeath on 9/23/2011 9:15 AM PDT
85 Human Death Knight
Death knight Tier 12 2 piece bonus (Burning blood) is being applied through taunt. I do not know if this was an intended bug, but taunting any target, in or out of combat, applys two piece debuff that says melee should be applying. Is taunt considered a melee attack?
62 Undead Death Knight
usually pve. but this toon was created with pvp in mind

BG'S

the lack of pvp gear for the lvl 60 dk. i que for a bg and get cursed out for not being in pvp gear that does not exit, when they are not cursing me out for just being a dk.

i would like to see some pvp gear for the dk at lvl 60. every other class has lvl60 pvp gear but the dk.

90 Troll Death Knight

PVE.

Raiding, Heroic Raiding,and achievements.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Ramp up time on new adds when using Pestilence is not an option.(ie Majordomo cat adds)
Death Strike change is in the works so we will just have to wait and see.

Duel resource system, 2H Tanking

Spiky tank damage, and less armor... but changes are on the horizon.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

I cant really complain about the rotation, unless unless i have to deviate from it and that always seems to throw a wrench in.

Here are a few ideas that are something like end tier talents. The Unholy one I thought of first and just figured I might as well come up with something for Blood and Frost as well.

Blood: Serrated Edge - Your Blood-strike(or has a X% chance to) causes a bleed effect on the target, draining X amount of the target's current health every X sec. DK is healed for a percent of the damage dealt.

Frost: Frozen Determination - Instant Cast. Encase your weapon(s) in Black Ice, increasing weapon damage by X%, and increases Frost and Shadow damage by 1.5/3%. Lasts 30 Min
Make it so it scales with DW or 2h

Unholy: Call of the Grave - Your Mastery over death itself allows you to command more powerful undead minions. (within reason) Increase pet damage by X%. May only command one undead minion at a time. Somewhat of a Beastmastery talent for DK where they can "tame" undead and have other than ghouls for a pet.

Blood Strike, Necro Strike, and now Hungering Cold is less feasible for trash help if things get out of control.
Edited by Discerpo on 9/23/2011 11:23 AM PDT
85 Orc Death Knight
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
As of 8 months ago I stopped raiding. So this will mainly from an arena perspective.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arena's, BG's, Rated BG's.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Make it so our pets are not undead, and allow us to control our gargoyals better.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
I wouldnt say anything specifically makes my class more fun to play.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Our survivability since the last patch has really gone downhill. Now I will completely agree that our death strike was definitely too strong, but to completely kill it was just not worthwhile. I would say my largest problem is not even that you cut it back, but that you cut it back to the form that was not working. Death strike is SUPPOSED to heal a percentage of damage you have just taken, but I have actually tested taking 100k damage over 5 seconds and the death strike still only heals for 9k. At the very least redesign this so it works.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I would like to have more of a decision point between necrotic strike or obliterate. I do not like that we just sole spam necrotic strike. If anything I would rather make obliterate stronger and just use necrotic strike to keep up the casting debuff or something.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
I would say a redesign of our CC. I really feel like other classes have immensely strong CC, and yet our CC takes a LOT just to be able to use. For example with Unholy I do not like that our leap only works as a charge when dark transformation is up. Especially considering if our pet is out of range it takes a couple seconds for the pet to run over and then leap. As for hungering cold...if you are going to make it a cast fine...but make it have no range and only hit one target. Why are we the ONLY class with an AoE CC that is not instant.

■What spells do you use the least?
Blood strike, Pestilence, Blood Boil.

I would say if you made any change please figure out our CC. It is incredibly annoying how strong you have made warlocks and mages CC and somehow our CC is not strong enough.

Warlocks - Spell Lock, AoE Fear, Spammable Fear, Death Coil
Mages - Counterspell, Ring of Frost, Deep Freeze, Spammable Poly
Rogues - Shadowstep Kick, Sap, Blind, Gouge
Warriors - Charge, throwdown, AoE instant fear
Priest - Silence, Mind Control, AoE instant fear
Paladins - Repentance, HoJ
Druids - Instant Cyclone, Stuns

Death Knights - Strangulate/Hungering Cold or Strangulate/Gnaw/Dark Transformed Leap

Why is it that everyone elses CC that is either instant....but if it is castable it is spammable and it has a range. So either make our CC instant or make it only effect a single target at a range. I am lost why every other AoE CC in the game is fair, but DK's was not...makes completely no sense. Even as unholy we have a 2 seconds stun....that is pretty low.
85 Draenei Death Knight
Unholy DK here. I'm actually dual specced PVE unholy and PVE unholy.

1. What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE, almost exclusively.

2a. If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Mostly Heroics, although I've done some raids up to and including a regular Shannox kill.

3. What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
I'm often frustrated that, in heroics, my Dark Transformation spell comes up for cast at the very end of combat. Then, if the party takes too long to pull the next group, I can't use it. I know this just trash, but I feel that because I don't have an uberghoul out, my DPS is artificially lower.

Also, I find that Dark Simulacrum is clunky to use. It's hard to know when and when not to use it, which abilities it will take over and which it will not, and the fact that it uses two GCDs (at least I think it does) makes me simply not use it most of the time.

4. What makes playing your class more fun?
If I can get the timing right, I can keep my diseases up almost indefinitely with Festering Strike. I also like how, as a melee class, a bunch of my damage is of the DOT variety. It means in situations where I need to leave the target behind and run away, it's not the end of my DPS. Also, I'm a big fan of how my anti-magic zone build has a lot of additional survivability.

Also, a spree of sudden deaths resulting in faster Dark Transformation "cooling."

5. What makes playing your class less fun?
Again, sometimes it can be difficult or slow getting out a Dark Transformations. I feel somewhat that Unholy DPS is balanced around getting DT out faster than just saving up for 5 death coils at full cost. It seems like I *need* to have a few Sudden Death freebies in there. This isn't bad; it's fun, but sometimes I feel like I'm in a Sudden Death drought and I'm unable to get DT out in time. That being said, this is more of an issue between bosses than during boss fights.

6. How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I like it, more or less. I play unholy because I really like how it works. It's faster-paced than Frost and I feel like I spend a lot more time pressing my "uber" attacks (Scourge Strike/Festering Strike) than keeping it working.

I do feel like it's less fun, however, than the (obviously very broken) dual-wield Unholy "Sudden Death Machine Gun" build. While I agree 100% with the decision to remove that gameplay from WoW, I do find that its super-proccing rotation was a ton of fun. Even if it did really need a nerf-bat to the face, I do miss it.

7. What’s on your wish list for your class?
Really, it's mostly a UI thing -- I'd love an easier way to know when to use Dark Simulacrum and I'd love to have some way of knowing how much time I have left on diseases that are on targets that I'm not looking at.

If I'm looking forward to a "new expansion" type wish list, I'd like more powers with a disease/contagion feel to them, or some more necromantic-type powers -- mini summon procs, for example.

I would also like the option of a balanced return of the machine-gun sudden death gameplay found in the old dual-wield setup; it doesn't have to be 2h, I just loved the fun of it.

8. What spells do you use the least?
Well, obviously I don't use spells like Overpower that are out of my rotation. I do use pretty much everything else except:
Dark Simulacrum -- I think it could use a redesign; maybe absorb a spell you interrupt if it can be cast? That might be OP in PVP.
Rune Tap
Blood Tap
Rune Strike -- because I always Death Coil.
Dark Pact -- it kills my DPS like you wouldn't believe;
all the spells that are out of spec for me, like Overpower and Death Strike don't see much use.
62 Orc Warrior
Pvp

Alterac Valley

I had an issue with the removal of corpse explosion as i enjoyed making piles of meats where i went. I also had a issue the removal of pale rider from unholy spec. Both made a unholy death knight, truly unholy.
I enjoyed those quests that specifically matched the Death Knight lore in Ice crown. Mainly ebon blade quests. It is also important to note i picked the DK at the beginning because if the mass amount of lore it holds. starting with warcraft 2.

The removal of corpse explosion
The removal of rising as a ghoul
The removal of pale rider from unholy spec.
The inability for a Alliance DK to get a classic looking DK mount. Except via a low drop rate in strath.

The rotation for me is something anyone can figure out if they put the time in, but death runes can be nice, but can also be a Hindrance. As it forces you to change your rotation. Runes all together SHOULD remain. As it makes the DK what a DK is.

I ask that you bring back corpse explosion, i enjoyed marking my path on the battlefield with piles of meat. I also ask that you return pale rider to the unholy spec.

Rune strike

I am posting this under my horde warrior, as my level 80 Death Knight Swor, is not in the list for characters to use to post on.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvP]

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Neither]

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, Bgs, Rated Bgs]

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Hungering cold, i hate how its castable and how i can get Hard Csed by a mage if i cast it :<

What makes playing your class more fun? Killing Machine >:O

What makes playing your class less fun? Not having a Instant CC but druids and Shamans can >. >

How do you feel about your “rotation”? No problem with my rotation.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Instance Hungering cold, and dont nerf Might of the frozen wastes!

What spells do you use the least? Prolly Blood strike, plague strike, and icy touch >.>

PVE. (Frost DW DPS)

Raids.

I only do the occasional BG.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Quality of life is pretty good right now in PVE. The only real issues i have are occasional rune starvation, new high level abilities that are rarely if ever used, and DW hit cap not also capping spell hit like 2h does.

The fact that there is so much we can do. I love being great at single target dps, multi target dps, slowing, kiting, having great defensive cooldowns for spell and physical damage.

Constant changes. Just when you feel happy with how your class is performing relative to other classes, something changes in an attempt to balance your different specs, which sometimes completely changes the way you need to play, reforge, spec, etc.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

For the most part, i like the rotation for DW Frost. I just dont like how much it depends on RNG. Between KM procs, Rime Procs and Runic Empowerment, our rotation and DPS can be amazing one minute, and horrible the next.

Diseases seem a little odd. I like the idea of diseases, but right now they only account for about 5% of my damage, and are only really useful for increasing strike damage. It would be nice if they played a bigger role on their own in DPS.

Nerves of Cold Steel - Affecting spell hit so DW can be spell hit capped like 2H.

Dark Simulacrum - Redesigned somehow to be useful in PVE and not just a random gimmick. (also no cooldown if it doesnt catch an ability, or atleast a much longer duration)

Empower Rune Weapon - A shorter cooldown would be nice, and would help with the occasional rune starvation.

Raise Dead - Shorter cooldown. 2mins would be good to line up with every other Pillar of Frost.

Pestilence - brought back to 100% disease damage when spread, just like unholy.

Diseases - Increase the damage of diseases, right now it feels like they are only useful to improve the damage of strikes.

Weapon Runeforges - Updated graphical effects would be nice. Whenever new enchants are put in the game, they get great new effects. It would be cool to see some improvement on ours aswell. The stats and procs themselves are perfect imo.

Strike Sound Effects - I have always been a fan of the bonecrushing, blood splattering sounds when a warrior crits. DK's on the other hand have no powerful sounds for their big attacks, they are more like swooshes, and very underwhelming. It would be nice to get some more powerful sound effects for our attacks, or atleast our crits.

Festering Strike - disappointing since it was a new ability for this expansion, but useless for frost.

Dark Simulacrum - pretty much useless in raids. Sure there is the occasional gimmick that you can use it on, but hardly worthy of an 85 ability.

Pestilence - since it reduces disease damage by half, pretty useless now, but i do miss it :(

Hungering Cold - Never seemed useful in raiding. It was great for a quick OH **** button in pvp but not over powered because of how quickly it would break, but the new cast time has ruined it.

Necrotic Strike - It is pretty great for pvp, but I havent found a use for it in PVE yet really.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]