Class Feedback – Death Knight

(Locked)

90 Human Death Knight
Please make Blood viable in Heroic FL. Please?

Pretty please?
90 Troll Death Knight
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics and progression raiding

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could
be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Having runes on a slow cooldown, dis-allowing me to use some abilities in a critical moment

What makes playing your class more fun?

Our unique rune system and the blood death knight mastery system, which allows me piece of mind, allowing me to overcome the challenge at hand (overcoming a challenge is, to me, fun)

What makes playing your class less fun?

Having a shallow pool of abilities that really benefit me in DK tanking game

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Rune starving I find is what my rotation induces. It is short and very repetitive.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

More useful abilities in a pve environment. Examples-a threat dumper for dpsers is something I would like to see.

What spells do you use the least?

Blood Strike, Festering Strike. Thats about all that I can remember.

Thanks
90 Human Death Knight
Adendum to my previous post

Wish List

DPS/Tank in one tree (Blood) Druids have this why can't we? I understand 3 trees of this is tons of development work, but one is not.

Dual Wield as tank.
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Both

Heroics/Raids

BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Rune Cooldowns

Good AoE in pvp and raiding, fun as a solo class.

Rune cooldowns, no stuns and not enough useful range spells

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
As a frost/blood DK it is fine for me.

Stun spells

Festering strike, blood strike, unholy strike, death coil
85 Orc Death Knight
We’re looking for feedback on your class as we work on changes and adjustments for a future game update. While we may be making some specific class changes in 4.3, what we’re looking for in this thread is overall feeling on the class as a whole for more long term changes in the future.

Here is the kind of feedback that is NOT helpful in this particular thread:

• Concerns that your current damage, healing or tanking is not competitive. While this kind of feedback is often useful, it also is the kind of thing that can change from patch to patch, and so it isn’t as useful for long term vision changes.

• Concerns that your feedback is being ignored or that we don’t take these kind of posts seriously, or otherwise posting anything that is off-topic or not in the spirit of this thread’s intent.

• Requests for responses to your suggestions or feedback. The purpose of this thread is to get information to us, not the reverse.

We hope you take these threads seriously, as we’re going to be reading them very carefully. We ask that you take time to think and formulate a useful and objective reply, as this feedback could be used to alter your class in substantial ways.

We won’t be replying here addressing your concerns. This is purely for us to read your answers to the below questions.

Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE and PvP
  • If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Heroics, Raids, so both.
  • If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Arenas, and BGs.
  • What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Rune cooldown being lower. :)
  • What makes playing your class more fun?

• Doing alot of dps, and being able to help the group.
  • What makes playing your class less fun?

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• I feel like im rune starved.
  • What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Rune cooldown time decreased.
  • What spells do you use the least?

Necrotic, festering strike, Death strike as frost. Icy touch. Blood strike
85 Orc Death Knight

PVE

Questing, Heroics are too long and frustrationg.\

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Blowing HoW every 2 minutes, and hungering cold having a cast time. HC is quite useless now and I have removed it from my action bar. Howling blast having a facing requirement makes it a pain to use sometimes.

Deathgrip rocks!

Hungering Cold, getting kited.

It's ok.

Un-nerfing Hungering Cold, actually getting to play frost in frost presence.

Hungering Cold, Death Strike

9/12/2011

85 Human Death Knight
•What type of content do you focus on? Both.

•If PvE, what type of PvE? 7/7H 25 man.

•If PvP, what type of PvP? Rated BGs.

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Death strike I find currently isn't worth using in most situations, the huge rune cost ontop of the a mere 7K heal is dissapointing.

Why is it some classes have amazing heals via regen (Warriors) or undispellable % based HoTs (Rogues) without much of a sacrifice to their damage output yet DK's are forced to spend 2 of their main DPS runes to get a heal worth 1 Recup tick?

•What makes playing your class more fun?
The abilities are quite unique, knowing how to manage runes and reactional abilities to max potential is good fun.

•What makes playing your class less fun?
*Being so RNG reliant in PvE.
*Little to no mobility in PvP as Frost.

•How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I personally find our current Frost rotation quite fun, always have to be monitoring resources and managing them and can't just button mash like most DK's if you want to be above average.
I do however think it's far too RNG reliant.

•What’s on your wish list for your class?

A bit more mobility for Frost. (PvP)
Compared to Ferals (Feral Charge/Shifting/Skull Bash), Rogues (Shadowstep/Vanish), Warriors(Leap/Intercept/Intervene), Rets(Freedom/Dispels/Judgement Sprint)- I believe we easily have the least amount of mobility as this spec currently in the game for a melee class.

Less proc reliant. (PvE)
I've been a pretty hardcore raider focused on frost for most of Cata, it doesn't take one to know that frost PvE DPS output relies so heavily on RNG though.
I understand RNG exists for all pve DPS classes but Frost is probably the most effected by this.
I've seen my DPS fluctuate from 20k to upwards of 45K in raids. (Single target obviously.)

•What spells do you use the least?
*Death strike.

*Dark Sim (In PvE).

*Runestrike- I'm frost and always have been, I do think it would be fun to make it a priority to use when available in PvP even as a DPS spec though- maybe a Frost talent to make it ignore armor/allow it to benefit from killing machine?

*Hungering Cold- (Mainly talking from a successful high-rated RBG perspective, 2900 finish last season- 2650+ current.)

I really don't agree with the 1.5 second cast time, I'm sorry.
I remember reading somewhere from GC the reason for this nerf was due to it being the "strongest form of crowd control" and being instant cast, let's talk.

Howl of Terror, Psychic Scream, Intimidating Shout are much more effective and always have been (These abilities have never been touched or even talked about for as long as I can remember.)

Reasons being-
*The CD of these abilities are HALF of what Hungering Cold currently is. (Not counting Intim Shout obviously.)
*Spreads enemies apart causing Los/Range issues ALSO making it hard to be instantly Mass Dispelled.
*Targets are able to still take a fair amount of DoT damage during the CC, Hungering Cold is restricted to DK Disease dots.
*Can be cast under all sorts of pressure- Locked on flash heal? Not to worry instantly fear 5+ people away with minimal effort.
*Intimidating Shout is undispellable.

I'm finding myself in most RBG situations spending so much time trying to land it in the first place, sacrificing my damage juking interrupts + popping CDS prior so i wont just get stunned or feared when opponent interrupts are on CD just to get it Mass Dispelled within 3 seconds off the 3 people max you can ever land it on.

I personally could have came up with quite a few ways to have toned it down (if it really needed to be in the first place) over making it almost useless.
85 Troll Death Knight
Both

Heroics and Raids

Arenas and BGs

Wait time of Double rune cooldown

Such high survivabilty.

Stereotypes and haters

As a Blood Knight I use whats best for the situation using my 'Troll senses'

Perhaps Blood DPS back, or hell, even my old plans of DK healing XD

Blood Strike (pointless now) and Festering Strike (not worth the 2 rune cost)
85 Orc Death Knight
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

PvP

BGs. I don't play my death knight much anymore, but when I do it's just to do some occasional battlegrounds.

Nothing I can think of.

The lore and unique resource system.

The way runes work in Cataclysm. Death knight was very fun to play in Wrath, but not so much now.

As I already mentioned I don't like the current rune system. I liked the original design of death knights being a formidable self healer, and in Wrath it was fun to have the choice of death striking some health back or using my main attack (obliterate or scourge strike) without screwing up my rune flow. Now death strike heals are too weak for frost and unholy to waste the runes on, especially with the current rune system.
As frost spec I feel that the three button rng spam is too simple and mindless. As unholy I'm actually not a fan of the ghoul transformation mechanic or the spammy nature of scourge strike. To me blood spec seems to be the smoothest to play.

I really miss the rune system of Wrath. I also miss being a strong self healer as frost and unholy.

For frost I wish there were more attacks to use. I would like for Icy Touch to be the ranged nuke for frost and nerf Howling Blast's single target damage accordingly. I would also like to see blood strike return to the frost rotation as a mid damage attack to set up death runes. This of course goes along with my wish to return to the Wrath rune system.

Also for frost I would like for Killing Machine to apply to Icy Touch and Obliterate, not Frost Strike.

For unholy I would like to do away with the ghoul transformation and have that extra damage placed into diseases to make them more meaningful. I also feel that the improved gnaw should be made baseline for unholy's ghoul and should be off the global cd and cost no energy.

Also for unholy I would like for Scourge Strike to return to costing a frost and unholy rune and have its damage buffed considerably. Then unholy would once again have the interesting choice of using those runes on Death Strike or Scourge Strike.

I would like for Necrotic Strike's healing absorb to become a significant effect in PvP again. I would have it cost runic power and be placed on a so-many-second cooldown to avoid spam stacking.

I would like for Festering Strike to be made into a blood spec ability that does high damage and extends diseases, and for it to cost a frost and unholy rune. Then blood players could choose between using Death Strike for the heal and shield or Festering Strike. This change also goes along with returning to the old rune system.

One last thing I thought of for Unholy. I would like for Sudden Doom to grant the next Death Coil more damage or crit chance rather than giving an extra one free of cost. Currently Death Coil has a very spammy feel to it similar to Scourge Strike.

Almost forgot Hungering Cold. As I've said I'm not a fan of the current rune system or the mindless frost rotation, but giving Hungering Cold a cast time took away what fun there was left for me as frost. Please make it instant cast again.

Icy Touch isn't on my action bar. As Frost I never use Festering Strike.
Edited by Revan on 10/10/2011 1:38 AM PDT
70 Draenei Death Knight
Hi. I had 2 talent-revamp proposals, the purpose of which would be twofold. Each proposal would make the respective talent tree more fun to play, and more importantly IMHO, make players want to take those talents. The talents in question are the Tier 3 talent "Blood-Caked Blade" in the Blood tree and the Tier 6 talent "Might of the Frozen wastes" in the Frost tree. Please have a look and give feedback. The threads are here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3342097480
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3342017631
Edited by Jöhñy on 10/11/2011 10:14 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]