Class Feedback – Death Knight

(Locked)

85 Human Death Knight
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE with a LITTLE pvp on the side.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids mostly though I had my PC die recently so haven't done FL yet since this PC can't really handle raiding :(

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Mainly BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

A better implementation of the Dark Succor glyph... Being able to take a bit of stress off the healers in PvE with the original Dark Succor glyph was great, I understand the reasons for the change from the PvP side of things but it completely destroyed the usefulness of the Glyph in PvE outside of leveling.

What makes playing your class more fun?

The resource systems without a doubt, makes for a much more interesting playstyle than most other classes in my opinion. I honestly preferred the WotLK Rune system to the Cata one though only by a little so it's just a preference thing. Runic Empowerment however I am not a huge fan of.

What makes playing your class less fun?

The lack of a more structured DPS spec... Let me explain. Through WotLK I was Blood DPS and absolutely loved it. Making the most of Blood's potential was all about planning out the fights. You could plan how to spend your rune's in advance and be pretty confident that things would work out that way, yet still had enough abilities mixed in that changed up the normal rotation (ERW, DRW since you'd make sure to have the most HS ready to go before popping it and so on) for a bit and many other utility abilities you had to keep it from being boring. A predictable rotation isn't inherently boring, Blood was fun because while it was a static rotation it had little room for error if you wanted to perform at the top level of DPS.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

All three specs are decent at the moment for what they are.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

1: The return of Blood DPS (ya I wish :()

What spells do you use the least?

Dark Sim... it's so situational in PvP that it's a meh skill at best and in PvE it might as well just not exist really.
85 Troll Death Knight

-PVE majority

-raids, heroic raids.

-if i pvp its arenas

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
-having to tank backwards. example, i need to death strike AFTER i get hit hard in order to take less damage

-really different play style

-each dps talent tree feels too similar and tanking tree is really limited.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
-frost tree feels stiff while unholy tree feels more open.
-blood priority is very dull, i am sitting on runes more often then not.

-allow heart strike to be meaningful (my idea is to allow it to add stacks to bone shield to keep that up,) because with the current state of heart strike, i more often just blood boil to make sure blade barrier stays up. i considered taking it off my bars.
-consider Anti-Magic Zone to be in a similar state as priest barrier (example maybe a 20% magic resistance to all party/raid members within the zone)
-blood shield is fun but very messy, maybe a bigger time window then damage taken in last 6 seconds?
-bone shield to use blood rune instead of unholy rune

-any abilities that use my frost and/or unholy runes other then death strike
-heart strike/blood strike
-necrotic strike
85 Goblin Hunter
I only focus on PVE.

Random Heroics, 10man Fireland raid, and 10man tier 11 raids as well.

Frost rotation is priority based on procs, and sometimes procs like rime and killing machine are up at time we have dead zone where rune are on CD and there nothing to push. It's just at time too punishing if we do not clearly use the correct choices of rune and buttons.

Alot of survival skill like AMS, IBF, and Hungering Cold for short CC. Also alot of burst at crucial moments that makes raid progression easier. Deathknights are just cool pounding everything in sights with the tundra or with the power of death. I love the fact that I have DnD and Howling blast accompany with chillblains on fights like Beth'thilac and Lord Ryolith make adds management so much easier.

Sometimes having to rely on Empowered Runic Weapon to reset my runes because I messed up in picking the right buttons while avoiding aoe or learning the mechanics of some boss fight. As well relying on horn of winter to get some runic to do a final frost strike where everything is on lock down. I feel that I'm just a victim of RNG when it comes to runic empowerment. I don't have the data to support this claim to say that runic empowerment procs whenever it wants to but sometimes it feel this way.

I feel that death knight "rotation" is punishing if you do not know or have experience with them. If one do not choose the "right" buttons they can find themselves rune lock and everything will not be insync. I very much feel that are DPS CD should not use a rune although we have blood tap to help with that. On the flip side I feel that the rotation is versatile enough to keep me on my feet and want to learn more so I can be competitive in a raiding environment.

Horn of Winter glyph needs to be 4mins
Dark Simulacrum be use full in raid encounters.
Rebuild the unholy tree.
2Hander Frost Death knight to be competitive or different than Dual wield.
A fort buff like command shout.
Frost Deathknight needs to DPS in frost presence.
Unholy Deathknight to be competitive again.

Dark Simulacrum
Deathcoil
Necrotic Strike
Blood Boil.
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

Both, but leaning towards PvE.

Heroics, some Raids, some Soloing low level content

Arenas and BGs.

Having to play rune tetris as a DK tank is hindering to my performance, its an annoyance. The rune system is clunky and limiting.

Having less armor than other tanks and not having very good CTC (mastery shield isn't CTC as it's not a constant) doesn't help for damage mitigation. Sure we somewhat make up for that higher damage with selfhealing and shields, but it can't compare to block.

Our mastery is gimped by avoidance, not helped by it.

The ability to solo some Heroic bosses and low level content due to our unique tanking style.

Active mitigation and the amount of cooldowns to manage while tanking. (It's not just a threat rotation, its much more engaging)

Being the underdog in raiding environments. Seeing a Trade chat pug is exciting, until they say: "No DK tanks."

Taking spiky damage due to having less armor than other tanks, being sat for a Paladin/Warrior because of this.

It takes a while to get used to a DK tanking "rotation", but after one gets it down, it becomes very engaging and fun.

Fix mastery gimping.

Increase our armor to be on par with other tanks.

Revamp/change the rune/runic power system.

As a Blood DK:

Dark Simulacrum
Festering Strike
Necrotic Strike
Army of the Dead
Obliterate
90 Human Paladin
Both

Heroics, raids, soloing old content

Arenas and BG

Having 3 different runes and the time it takes for them to refill make it really hard for new people, or people that don't copy their rotation from a forum to learn. Its very hard to maxamize your potetial dps/tank healing.

Being able to self heal as you do damage.

The rune system.

I Like the spells and abilities that I have, but I absolutely hate have to manage my runes.

I don't want to see mana, but i would love to have a completely different resource.

I use necrotic strike and death coil the least.
Edited by Coldpizza on 9/12/2011 11:23 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
PVE

heroics and some normal raids

Only issue is that all dps specs of death knight use unholy presence. Make frost presence more desirable to frost death knights (like instead of improved frost presence giving 5% more damage, have it reduce rune cooldown by 1 second at max talent).

Changing glyph of dark succor to make death strike heal minimum of 10% health rather then its victory rush style. Other option is make glyph of dark succor buff make your next death strike free along with increasing its healing.

85 Orc Death Knight
PvE

Raids, herioc modes in mind.

I suppose for me, being frost, that would be frost being a viable and good dps spec. During wrath, back when I tanked as a frost dk, our class didn't seem anywhere near as fleshed out (of course the design back then offered more choice, as intended.) The only real issue I had was in the beginning of cata, frost was so low dps wise I couldn't really play it and went unholy. Times now have changed of course.
And OH DEAR GOD THANK YOU FOR DITCHING BLOOD STRIKE.

DW frost DK is fast, normally no downtime, and just downright looks cool(Priorities!). After not really being needed as a druid tank anymore, I spent quite some time trying to find a dps class that even I could understand and get used to. My DK was the one.

I suppose its the first 30 seconds of a fight that seems to make or break my dps. Frost is so bursty and relies on me going all out in the beginning to stay near the top.

I thought that managing runes and runic power AND CDs was going to be difficult, but Frost seems to really be simple enough and fast. Unholy is okish, but how slow it was tended to annoy me. Removing blood strike simplified things, and not having to watch blood runes like a hawk definitely made it way less tedious.

Only real weakness I feel is if I have to stop dps for a moment. My dps tends to plummet since I rely on burst. (But that just comes with the territory, no?)

I'm still weirded out for maximum single target dps, unholy presence is best. I normally don't even bother popping frost presence for AoE. (Not really complaining though, the run speed as frost or unholy is really nice.)
Dark Simulacrum. It has its moment in pvp and heriocs, but not so much raid wise, so I often forget about it.
85 Goblin Shaman
TG
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroic Raids

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Frost: None actually, Frost is one of the specs where the mechanics all work quite well. The main issue was fixed with the Blood -> Death rune change.

Blood: "Rune tetris" gets old pretty fast but already has been brought to the attention of developers.

Unholy: Target switching when Pestilence is not possible requires 2 runes. Babysitting a pet that will probably get worse considering next tier will be Deathwing aka flying.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

A lot of variety to choose from with 3 raid viable specs and overall excellent raid utility.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

See QoL issues

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

There is nothing particularly wrong or onerous about Frost or Unholy. Blood is getting some love next patch (hopefully) so I won't comment on that.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Mostly for 2h and DW Frost dps to be more equal to each other. Right now DW is significantly better to the point that 2h is not an option for pretty much every high end raider looking to min/max and have the gear to allow said min/max. It may also do well to give the 2 sub-specs more distinction. It used to be that DW Frost was a more slow paced playstyle (during the Frost Presence days) vs 2h Frost which was more fast paced. 2h had the bonus of being able to take a bit more utility talents and had slightly superior mobility due to dpsing in Unholy presence. However overall the two sub-specs were pretty close in terms of dps. It also meant Frost Presence had a use. Currently Frost Presence is hardly ever used.

# What spells do you use the least?
Dark Sim?
90 Undead Death Knight
equal mix of blood tanking in pve and frost pvp

Mostly heroics with a couple raids

BGs, theres still quite a steep learning curve for RBG so no casuals allowed

id say the unpredictability of my runes for tanking, i stack hit and expertise with gems to make sure i dont miss often but when i do its consistently fatal unless the healer gets a lucky crit. also i would really really like some tanking specific 2h weapons, reforging dps weapons is getting old, and none of them look very good lately, last thing would be a tier set that still follows the wotlk art style, were scourge, dont put fire on us -.-

in blood it is the ability to solo amost anything besides current tier bosses or large mobs and the rune system, although waiting for death runes is a pain i very rarely find myself in a situation where i dont have any availible abilities, even if i only have a blood rune i can still use heart strike or blood boil to keep threat high, in frost i just like to have the most bad !@# sounding attack, aka obliterate, makes scorch sound weak

not having alot of damage reduction for tanking. the self heal is nice and blood sheild helps with auto attacks but any magic attack still goes straight through unless i pop anti magic, and thats only for 3 seconds. having blood shield work like a preists shield would be nice or maybe more migitation without having to reforge all my gear, again

spam death strike/ obliterate depending on spec, would like an easier way to apply diseases too

reforging frostmoure :)
and dark simu being able to steal any ability not just spells, although thank you for letting me steal zanzils fire, i love shooting purple fire
and more uses for the ghoul outside of unholy spec, maybe a glyph for an abomination?

festering strike blood strike and bone shield( it would be nice to use it more but it comes at the cost of a death strike so its really only good for right before a pull and maybe during aoe phase when theres nothing to ds)
85 Human Warlock
PVE
Raids
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? .

Death strike..and low armor leading to some weird melee hits from bosses

frost is great....unholy needs a boost!....and more dynamic changes for unholy rotation

the mitigation and the dps doesnt scale that good with high end gear

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
its fine as frost and unholy..for blood its rolling cds and death strike when taking damage which is boring!

buff to blood and unholy...specificly blood mechanics
blood strike and obliterate out of frost spec is useless although is available in other specs too!
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
XP
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• pvp
  • If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• some heroics
  • If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• arenas and bg's
  • What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Hungering cold's cast time and lack of decent cc
  • What makes playing your class more fun?

• being able to rip into people
  • What makes playing your class less fun?

• being outmatched in arena by not having enough cc
  • How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• this is fine
  • What’s on your wish list for your class?

• return hungering cold to its origional state or atleast allow us to cast while running.
  • What spells do you use the least?

• hungering cold due to cast time and amount of damage i take while trying to cast it.
    Edited by Belithel on 9/12/2011 11:23 AM PDT
    90 Draenei Death Knight
    Only PvE

Heroics and normal 10 man raids.

Resource management. Juggling 3 types of runes and runic power can be frustrating and sometimes abilities just aren't available when needed even with a reasonable amount of planning and foresight.

Related to that, we have so many useful abilities, but too often if I don't just save runes for Death Strike then I require more healing and cause more healer panic attacks than my non-DK co-tank.

The amount of viable options available while tanking a fight. The combination of damage reducing cooldowns, debuffs, self heals and damage dealing abilities works out to be very active and possibly strategic.

Rune regeneration feels both slow and random. Runic power is very much like other resources: you gain and spend it in predictable ways and that feels controllable. Runes just don't feel controllable enough and the two rune abilities seem to make tracking even more complicated and the randomness more painful.

I enjoy it when I don't have to worry about taking huge hits or running healers out of mana.

In challenging, high damage fights or when there's less available healing, I really need to prioritize Death Strike and save all runes possible for it. That works out to a lot of time where I'm only using Death Strike, Rune Strike, barely maintaining diseases and sitting on my hands so as not to waste runes.

If it's an easier fight, or I know the healers are all great or a combination of both, then I actually get to use other abilities and not feel like a bad tank. Heartstrike is safe to use when Death Strike is on cd, even though it shares a rune. Keeping up diseases 100% even if it's less Death Strikes is fine. It's just far more interesting and seems to be a better role in a group than only worrying about my own self heals and shields.

Can we have swipe? Swipe seems great :p No, really, I'm generally happy with our current abilities. It would just be nice to be able use them all more in all content.

I forget to use Blood Tap, Dark Simulcrum and sometimes Lichborne. Lichborne sees less use also because it feels clunky to save so much runic power to cast the death coils that make the cooldown worthwhile. I never really use Festering Strike.
    92 Blood Elf Death Knight
    i think it would be useful for dk blood to do something with the rune regeneration, something like the old system, because it's dificult to keep the shield of the mastery ability up, and sometimes it's really difficult to survive without it.
    Also it would be usefull if you cut at half the word of glory cd on paladins, because sometimes healer has a difficult time healing the eentire party and with that cd reduced or eliminated we can help him.
    Another thing in the paladin dps, he needs to use a lot a cooldowns to keep the dps up, i think that reducing those cooldowns (zealotry and inquisition) or merging on one would be usefull.
    85 Troll Priest
    I don't want to go over everything, because in reading a couple of pages of these replies, most of the things I have a problem with as a dk (I play blood and frost) are listed. Managing multiple resources as frost, having to choose between dps'ing and 'surviving' as blood, things like that are generally already brought up. One thing that I have a major problem with, that I didn't see a lot of people posting about, was Dark Simulacrum.

In PvP, Dark Simulacrum has many, many uses, and that's great, that's how it should be. It gives a nice boost (if you use it correctly) to your damage output, survivability, or whatever the case may be (gogo DK blink?!) But in PvE (which is what I do, 95% of the time) and even more-so in raids, Dark Simulacrum is near-worthless. Sure, on 5-man heroics, you can use it on at least a couple bosses per dungeon, and have it be an effective use of your runic power cost; but in raids especially, there is nearly no uses. I understand raid bosses hit super hard (comparatively) with their abilities, but there should still be some way for us to use Dark Simulacrum in those encounters. If not, I think that Dark Simulacrum should be changed in PvE (has the same effect it has now, when using it on another player (PvP) but has a changed effect when using it on an NPC) or the skill could be changed completely for PvE encounters. Lots of classes get big boosts and gains from their '85 skill', while ours is practically worthless as any spec, in a raid. Of all the 85s that I currently have, the DK '85 skill' is the one that I feel has the most potential, but has been the biggest let-down, thus far.

tl;dr: Dark Simulacrum blows for PvE. Fix it. :D
    90 Human Death Knight

■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both but primarily PvE.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raiding.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arenas mainly.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

No threat dump as a DPS DK - partially fixed with the tank threat change.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

Using lots of abilities at a very fast pace.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Significant differences in spec-performance; I feel like I am always forced to play a certain spec in order to stay competitive as a DPS. Blood tanking also feels incredibly clunky and slow compared to Warrior and Paladin tanking.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Frost - Smashing a few buttons, and watching Rime/Killing machine procs...not that much fun. It feels like I'm mashing Obliterate and Frost Strike 95% of the fight.

Unholy - A bit more enjoyable, slow and steady with a few more things to keep track of. Wish it was a bit faster paced.

Blood - Incredibly boring and slow. Smash Death Strike, use HS once in a while, properly use CDs, win game.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

I feel like DK has been underwhelming all of Cataclysm in terms of performance and design. I miss being able to DPS as any spec, and tank as any spec. I'd like to have more stuff in Frost's rotation. I'd like Unholy to have SOME chance at being competitive in the future.

■What spells do you use the least?

Going just by battle-spells/abilities for PvE: Dark Simalcrum, Horn of Winter, Blood Strike, Icy Touch.
    85 Goblin Death Knight
    i have been playing Unholy for PvP since early wrath, and since then, i havent seen much in the way of a re-balance as far as burst damage goes. since the release of cata, we have lost a seemingly significant amount of throughput. to clearly illustrate this, think of us UH DKs as constant damage (medium to high), for one of us to kill a holy pally is next to impossible (high level pvp anyways) as holy pallies have been given an increasingly large amount of mitigation and healing. this is just an example of a class vs. class struggle i have witness and experienced both in arenas as well as single one on one duels. couple this with an insane weakness to other classes (feral druid, rogue, demo lock, fury warrior, ret paladin) and it is clear why so many death knight players simply refuse to play this spec of DK these days. we have no burst mechanic (Unholy Frenzy is practically useless in these situations as it will most likely end up killing you faster than enabling you to kill your target and gargoyles are quickly Turn Evil'ed or shackled as they apparently count as undead), we have a single CC (ghoul stun every 2 minutes), a completely useless mastery (more shadow dmg per swing when its even easier now than ever to build up shadow resistance?). i suppose this is what we get for having dominated wrath for so long :).
    85 Orc Death Knight
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Hm raiding- currently 6/7 firelands.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    I dabble around in bg's nothing serious tho.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    -Bone shield costing a rune/charges getting used up on trivial damage.
    -Some of the others like putting up debuffs look like it will be handled in 4.3.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    class flavor/theme

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    -Over nerfing, gutting/removing of class and spec abilities.
    -The fact that we are the least preferred tank at this current time and have to work alot harder to pull our weight than the other tank classes.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

-Ds spam isn't fun- not sure how it was allowed to reach the point it has tbh.
    -Overall the rotation is boring-using 3 primary abilities doen't necessarily scream fun if you know what i mean.
    -Runic empowerment causes too many problems- it needs to be scrapped.
    -Heart strike should just be renamed cleave and since the threat buff runestrike is lackluster outside of turning over runes- would like to see these get some love.
    -For Aoe -pestilence feels like a weak use of a rune/gcd- would be nice to at least have some real upfront damage added to it.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    -Ultimately i'd like like the spec to feel more streamlined- it currently feels too clunky.
    -I'd like blood's mitigation to be evened out- we are very weak tanking multiples- It's not fair to the other tank(s) to be forced into being a fulltime offtank.
    -I'd like to be able to have the freedom to use my abilities w/o worrying if it's going to eat into my deathstrike usage.
    -With tank spots as limited and competitive as they currently are- we need a raid cd along with a bigger toolbox(utility).
    -I'd like deathcoil to not be worthless w/o being forced to spec into it. Tbh I think being able to heal (or heal others) w/o using lichborne should be baseline.
    -Army of the dead could use a buff- either thru cost or effect.Some1 once posted that it would be cool to pop army and have modified versions of fallen comrades be raised using their abilities- now that would be kinda cool.
    -Corpse explosion should make a return
    -Last but not least- for a good portion of the deathknight class existence we have been known as the "spike tank" would like to see this resolved once and for all- not to be given a fix, then nerfed or removed due to class envy.

■What spells do you use the least?
    Blood strike
    Necrotic strike
    festering strike
    after 4.3 i'd probably rarely use icy touch/plague strike
    Edited by Dkaye on 9/12/2011 11:30 AM PDT
    85 Orc Death Knight
    What type of content do you focus on? PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids, at the Heroic level.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    I'll approach this in a spec-by-spec basis, for Unholy and Frost.

Frost: Frost works just fine, however, it's completely RNG dependent on Killing Machine and Runic Empowerment procs for it's dps. When those run dry, your dps can rollercoaster wildly. RNG, to a point, isgreat for the game, but when you can vary as much as 2,000+ dps due to said rng on any given fight, something needs to be changed. Any kind of off-time from your target plummets Frost dps.

Unholy:
    -Ramp-up time is atrocious. 5 Death Coils to build up Shadow Infusion, then another Unholy rune to fire off Dark Transformation is a LOT when coupled with the relatively low RP generation of Unholy. Sudden Doom helps to an extent, but brings its own issues in terms of GCD locking. Lowering the ramp-up to 3 stacks, and moving Sudden Doom to it's old incarnation of firing off the free DC when it procs instantly would help alleviate a lot of the GCD locking issues for Unholy.
    - Unholy is still too reliant on Timmy to maintain it's dps. Offloading some of that back into weapon strikes, coupled with fixing the acknowledged crit scaling bug with Timmy would go quite far.
    -Unholy is great for sustained AE, but it really has zero burst AOE.
    -Our cooldowns are completely lackluster. Gargoyle's AI is wonky and will tend towards melee'ing unless you play Red Light Green Light when you cast it. Unholy Frenzy has better output when cast on a Fury Warrior, yet it's considered our main dps cooldown.
    -Unholy is supposed to be the disease spec....yet our diseases hit for pitiful amounts (hardly more than Frost) and Unholy Blight...is hardly a Blight, more like a slight cold outbreak (see what I did there?!)

What makes playing your class more fun? Our unique resource really does provide an engaging gameplay, when RE works that is. Dark Simulacrum was a blast...until I realized how utterly limited it was in PVE raids.

What makes playing your class less fun? Being overly reliant on RNG as Frost/Blood.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Unholy's rotation honestly feels great, it's somewhat predictable, but has just enough RNG elements to make you be on your game to play at 100%. Frost feels...unintuitive. You prioritize Obliterate with Killing Machine over Frost Strike with Killing Machine, but with the amount of wait time that frost has (around 2s,) you can't afford to sit on KM procs, nor should you with how close FS's damage is to Ob's.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Oh where to start.
    -An aoe RP dump would be flat out amazing. As it stands, Rp is a really stagnant resource, it's not fun and it's extremely limited.
    -Dark Sim being usable in PVE.
    -Hungering Cold not being utterly useless in all facets of the current game.
    -Crit rating actually being worth something at all for either of the 2 dps specs.
    -Our battle rez (along with warlocks') being on par with a Druid's. Rp cost is way too high for it, and it's lack of full health is rather detrimental.
    -Dark Succor/Death Strike actually being worth something for Frost/Unholy.
    -Directional requirement removed on Howling Blast( yeah yeah yeah, not going to happen but hey!)
    -Some form of legitimate gap closer, getting back on target/staying on target is abysmally hard, in PvP and Pve.

What spells do you use the least? Opened up my spellbook the other day and saw Blood Strike, first response? "Oh wow, that's still in game?"
    90 Human Death Knight
    09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

PvE

Heroics, because my work schedule is not compatible with most raiding guilds on my server.

Running out of runes. All other classes do not deplete half or all of their respective resources with their abilities and have to wait several seconds doing white damage. Reverting to the old system (where runes all regen simultaneously) or adding in a 3rd rune for each type would be helpful.

Using the unholy powers of frost and death to destroy my enemies.

Mostly the rune system (see next question), but also feeling like a Warrior in Frost or Unholy, and having inferior innate damage mitigation in Blood. Could Bone Shield provide my Block? Also, other tanks' proactive mitigation is great for preventing death, but our reactive mitigation can't bounce us back from death (which is weird for a Death Knight)

I don't think any class has "rotations" anymore. We're all on priority systems. I loved having rotations back in Wrath, allowing my muscle memory orchestrate practiced techniques while I focused on the field of battle and its challenges all while having fun. These days, I have to stare at my bars and my runes (because Rune Empowerment + ability procs = Whack-a-Move) and I miss out on what's going on in the middle of the screen.

Lord Marrowgar's Bone Spike as a basic CC ability on par with other classes. Also, it would be nice if our armor sets kept the Scourge design and not made us look like Warriors. What ever happened to the armor set design from this concept art?
    <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/artwork/wow-wrath?keywords=&view#/classes-deathknight-male">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/artwork/wow-wrath?keywords=&view#/classes-deathknight-male</a>

Dark Simulacrum - It's too inconsistent in its timing between encounters and is really a 'luck' ability
    Necrotic Strike - Encounter-specific, PvP oriented
    Hungering Cold - Encounter-specific, PvP oriented
    Edited by Vikmourne on 9/12/2011 11:28 AM PDT
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]