If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
- Inquisition is a bit of a bother, and the whole ret rotation is just spastic and clunky in general.
What makes playing your class more fun?
- As of late, not much. See below for clarification.
What makes playing your class less fun?
- For a start, the class is lacking in unique and interesting abilities. We've never been incredibly impressive visually, with most of our abilities amounting to a big shiny light, and with the release of Cataclysm many of the mechanically unique abilities of our class went out the window. Bubble hearth wasn't exactly the most dignified ability, but it was something. So either returning some of those unique capabilities to us or giving us new ones would be nice.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
- I don't care for it. Prot is alright, but ret is just overly random and unenjoyable. Also, and I realize this probably will come across as a bit of a silly complaint, I have a very hard time relating the way either spec plays to actual combat for the class. With a warrior, for instance, I get a sense that the rotation they use acts as a reasonable replica of how that character is actually fighting, not so with paladins at all. Paladins were given a rotation that replicated (and quite effectively, I think) the fighting style of a rogue, which obviously doesn't work as well when you try and relate that back to a heavily armored holy warrior swinging around a giant two-hander.
What’s on your wish list for your class?
- Some unique and interesting abilities, maybe something that allows us to actually effect the battlefield or our place within it. A snare would be nice too. I'd also like it if GoAK was changed so the paladin changed into the guardian rather than it being a pet. Oh, and a flying mount, but that one's pretty low on my personal wishlist compared to everything else.
What spells do you use the least?
- Consecration (which is a bit of a shame, since it's the one ability we have that actually modifies the are around us), hand of salvation, retribution aura.