Class Feedback – Paladin

(Locked)

85 Tauren Paladin
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]: PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]: heroics

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.: downtime often

What makes playing your class more fun?: melee with ranged benefits, quick life saving abilities even as dps

What makes playing your class less fun?: dpsing gets boring fast

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.): simple and sporadic, but with big gaps of downtime

What’s on your wish list for your class?: more interesting dps abilities, and less randomness

What spells do you use the least?: hand of salvation these days
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

I focus on a mix of raiding and PVP.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids - Was prot/ret.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

All of them

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

The biggest quality of life issue for me is the number of "fixes" which don't end up fixing things, and in fact create a lot more problems. That and the feeling of a careless, poorly thought out, last minute done on a napkin in a restaurant development.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

The idea of the holy warrior that is able to do everything he needs to. Take damage, deal damage, and heal.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

The holy power system is a poor attempt at combo points, and having both combo points and mana doesn't fix any issues at all. It just replaces the main resource and changes the problem. Mana is still a non issue. There also exists no choice for actually using one's holy power. Feral druids, rogues, you name it have multiple ways of using their combo points that can be effective. Rip, ferocious bite, and maim are all prime examples. Ret can only use inquisition or templars verdict. There is no choice for the release any more, you took that away from us. It is never effective to use any ability that requires holy power below max holy power. It makes the whole system of combo poitns mk.II redundant, and you might as well go back to cooldowns on the abilities again.

Prot has no choice either. It was either heal yourself, or do a shield bash. It was never effective to use it on inquisiton because the duration when you are not specced into it is so short to make it a waste. Because you also took away the choice there too, 20 second cooldown on word of glory, you took away the choice there too and again made the whole system redundant.

The underlying issue with mastery for protection, or it's useful life if you will. Once a prot paladin reaches a certain point any and all mastery rating beyond that becomes a wasted stat. While other classes have a mastery with an almost unlimited use, why is it that the issue with prot's mastery is left more or less ignored? It feels like no thought is going into the class and only band aid fixes are keeping it going.

The overall reliance on pure burst damage for ret in an arena situation, or any PVP. If you do not manage to kill someone in one course of cooldowns you have to wait until they are up again because you can only hit like a wet noodle until then, and it leads me to my next point.

Ret has no effective means of closing a gap compared to other melee DPS. Warriors have a charge and heroic leap, ferals have a charge, rogues have shadowstep, and death knights have death grip. However paladins get a sprint, which is also affected by slows, snares, etc. The other classes are instantly on a target where as ret can be kited until the cows come home. If there was a more effective method for ret to close gaps, then it would probably be easier to normalize their base damage, and reduce their burst damage. The problem becomes even more accute in an arena situation when they are paired with another class that has this same level of burst damage.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Stale. Boring. No choice in it, no variety. It makes every single fight the exact same no matter what the mechanics.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

Better overall development. A gap closer for ret. A less stale "rotation." Less band aid fixes. Better planned and thought through changes. Anyone else remember the less than 24 hours for Selfless Healer? Overall I want to have a desire to play my paladin again.

■What spells do you use the least?

At this point in time I couldn't effectively tell you because I haven't played my paladin in a while. Until I feel the overall game play for that class has been improved to the point where it actually becomes fun to play he will remain shelved.
85 Draenei Paladin
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE Prot.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

N/A.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I would love to see the GCD removed from changing seals and auras, and possibly the removal of the mana cost of seals. I think more paladins would utilize these abilities more if they didn't require mana and/or a GCD.

Something else that I wanted to add is that my off-tank and I are running into issues with the threat increase for tanks. He is a Death Knight tank and some of his abilities seem to be doing a lot more spike threat than mine do. Also, there are fights where we both become threat capped (mainly Ragnaros). One melee swing causes us to pull threat (which we can't do because it will make our debuff stack higher) so the tank that is currently not tanking has to completely stop attacking and stand around until it is their turn to tank. This needs to be addressed ASAP!

What makes playing your class more fun?

Raid utility (i.e. bubbles, salv, targetted AoE taunt, Hand of Freedom, etc.)

What makes playing your class less fun?

Having so much of my damage/threat based on slow RNG (i.e. building up 3 Holy Power and then missing my chance to utilize the automatic crit from Shield of the Righteous because it took too long to get 3 Holy Power). As the post below me says: "Getting parried, dodged, missing, having my SotR parried 3 times in a row. etc. Basically throwing my rotation to hell because I just went on a streak of avoided attacks."

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

It's decent but I feel like there are holes in it that I typically have to fill with Concecrate or Holy Wrath - otherwise I am standing there white-swinging because there are no other abilities to use. This isn't a terrible thing, but for a Prot paladin these two abilities can be costly mana-wise depending on what fight you're doing and what talent spec you have (if you do not spec into Concecrate, it literally uses half of your mana pool to cast).

What’s on your wish list for your class?

I would love for me to be able to do more damage/threat without having to fully rely on slow RNG to be competitive with other tanking classes.

What spells do you use the least?

Seal of Justice. I have no reason to use it in PvE raiding situations.
Edited by Vaedryn on 9/12/2011 10:41 AM PDT
85 Human Paladin
-PVP

-Arenas. Mainly 3v3

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
-Change or get rid of holy wrath. I mean seriously it hits for nothing and it just feels useless except for the few clutch moments it can be used to stun a lichborne DK followed by a turn evil. Something more meaningful in its place would be appreciated.

-Right now one of the only things that redeem this spec is our burst healing. More specifically Selfless Healer. Its a powerful tool that can be used to turn the tide if used correctly.

-Lack of sustained damage coupled with an easily dispelled burst cooldown. Since you made a lot of our abilities undispellable its pretty easy to quickly get rid of freedom or avenging wrath which will happen almost immediately as they are cast in high rated arenas. This would be fine if our damage wasn't relatively low outside of avenging wrath assuming you havent won the RNG lottery and got 4 DP procs in a row.

-Proc reliance outside of avenging wrath/zealotry.

-Lack of a slow, we are the only melee right now without one. I understand this is due to freedom and acts of sacrifice, but having freedom instantly dispelled and ooming myself in a desecration with cleanse has pushed me to the point where I would want you to just take freedom and give it to holy paladins. Id rather have a slow. You can even call long arm of the law the gap closer, I dont care, just give me a slow.

-Holy wrath. Seriously.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
-Its mainly just CS and TV with fillers, most of them have at least some usefulness with the exception of holy wrath(Seriously fix that). Judgement provides mana gain and long arm of the law provides an okay gap closer. Inquisition is good for setting up burst and providing extra damage. But holy wrath is just there being terrible on my bar, but I got to use it because there's nothing else to press and I don't wanna stand there autoattacking.

-Proc reliance. Right now the only thing outside of our cooldowns that we can hope for to do any amount of real damage is Exorcism procs and DP procs.

-Slow, take freedom, nerf acts of sacrifice. Just give me a slow.
-Evening out of damage in exchange for our burst.
-New attack in place of holy wrath, personally I think it would be cool if that attack did a new stack that at a certain number of stacks would allow the current art of war proc mechanic.
-Dispel protection. I dont see anyone dispelling recklessness, shadow dance, berserk, or pillar of frost and all of those people have decent damage or control outside of cooldowns.

-Seal of justice. I haven't used that since censure became the only practical seal to use in pvp.
90 Blood Elf Paladin

-Both

-All

-Battlegrounds

-Holy Power

-Utility

-Horrible Rotation, lack of HP generation, RNG

-It's horrible. Too depended on RNG, too many time of just sitting there auto attacking or doing nothing.

-Divine Storm and Crusader Strike being off a shared cooldown like back in Wrath. Less RNG dependency.

-Concretion and Divine Storm
85 Tauren Paladin
I focus primarily on PvE, though I do Arenas and BG's when the itch needs scratching.

Heroics and Normal raids. Currently half way through Firelands.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated Bgs]
Tol Barad on occasion, Arenas and regular random BG's when I feel the need.

The first thing that comes to mind is Minor glyph slots. 50% less mana seems great, but then you realize that the base cost un-glyphed is not that high to begin with, you only re-buff and re-apply seals once ever hour/half hour, and rarely in the middle of combat.

My survivability tools. I can periodically help out the healer in keep myself up, either using a 3-HP WoG, or Holy Radiance. Using Divine Shield and the glyphed Divine Protection (40% less magic damage) wisely are massive boons to stabilizing damage taken.

Holy power really seems somewhat lacking. I only have three things to spend it on. I usually build up 3-HP and pop WoG to gain the absorption shield via Gaurded by the Light. Whilst waiting for the CD to clear, all HP is used for is repeated SotR. Inquisition I only use once a pull to gain initial threat, and then it just sits on my bar doing nothing.

I think it is very well down, aside from the lac of choice between HP abilities I talked about above. CS for single target, HotR for AoE. I admit I use Consecration, though in practice it does very little other than look pretty for its duration. Holy wrath is.... under-preforming, to say the least. If it wasn't for the HW glyph for stunning Elementals and Dragonkin, I most likely wouldn't even bother in using it, as my mana could be saved for other abilities.

More choice for HP spending, less chance of going Oom on single targets. At this stage in the game, my avoidance + block chance is high enough to pretty much eliminate that, since you gain mana on every block and dodge, though fresh 85s can have a hell of a time with mana on single targets if they don't keep Judgment on constant CD.

Turn Evil. I honestly can say I haven't even clicked on it in nearly a year.
100 Draenei Paladin

PvE

Raiding/Heroic dungeons

My biggest issue would be more or less a rotation that relies on Holy Wrath for single target. If I'm attacking a single mob in a group while the others are ccd then it becomes too easy to hit that button out of habit. New spell?

When I get to blow all my cooldowns a hit freakin hard.

Holy Wrath in my rotation and the lack of more single target spells for use in my rotation.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?(Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

See above

Improved rotation. New spell potentially?

Turn evil? Haha.
90 Human Paladin
What type of content do you focus on? both

If PvE, what type of PvE? heroics/raids/ old content

If PvP, what type of PvP? bgs/rated bgs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? lack of in game world pvp, raids seem less epic then before, need update on engineering helm please

What makes playing your class more fun? ability to have multiple roles

What makes playing your class less fun? it is pretty annoying as prot being dodged/parried/blocked/miss in the first 4-6 attacks u do on a pull, on the other hand having to sacrifice a lot of avoidance stats in order to prevent this

How do you feel about your “rotation”? for pve, ret seems to be a class that inst important to bring (buffs are easily replaced and damage not as competitive), prot is very enjoyable in all aspects in my opinion, holy is very good for pvp, but seems to be lacking Aoe (Light of Dawn still a bit wonky after getting used to it)

What’s on your wish list for your class? more viable AOE heal that doesnt a long CD (i.e. 10-12 sec max)

What spells do you use the least? aura mastery, its amazing for a select few fights but other then that not worth using most the time
Edited by Degradation on 9/12/2011 10:42 AM PDT
90 Tauren Paladin
What type of content do you focus on? PVE
If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids
If PvP, what type of PvP? N/A
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Having RF always up is ftw. Nice work. 1 hour Seal would be nice even if it were a minor glyph
What makes playing your class more enjoyable? I love all the utility that a paladin tank can bring to the raid with the blessings and raid walls. Adding rebuke was brilliant as well
What makes playing your class less enjoyable? Missing.. .I'm so sick of missing. I know vengeance is supposed to handle this and it does for the most part but missing 3 crusader strikes on a pull followed by two parried shield slams just stinks
How do you feel about your “rotation”? I like that you added holy shield back in as it feels more controllable to minimize damage.
What’s on your wish list for your class? I would like a raid wall style animation for Divine Guardian and Aura Mastery so people know when it was cast. Nothing as prominent as PW:Barrier but something (animation wise) close to Heroism/Lust. At least something more prominent than a buff indicator so people know the CD was cast.
What spells do you use the least? Exorcism, Turn Evil
85 Blood Elf Paladin
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

PvE.

(Heroic) Raids. I play protection.

I don't have any QoL issues. Buffs have a long duration so it doesn't feel like a chore to constantly re-apply them.

I like the feeling of being a guardian of light. I like having the option to be any of the 3 roles (tank, dps, or healer). I like the variety and utility of our spells. When I raid as protection, I love the ability to contribute to the raid with Divine Guardian, Hand of Sacrifice, Lay on Hands, etc. The protection rotation is straightforward so it allows me to pay a lot of attention to the boss fight, the status of the other raid members, and help call out important events for raid.

Although the protection rotation is fine, executing the rotation feels meaningless. Threat isn't an issue anymore so the only purpose of the rotation is to do more dps. I didn't roll protection to be a terrible dps that can stand in front of a boss and absorb melee hits. I rolled protection to be a tank, so I want my rotation to feel like it contributes to my ability to stay alive and therefore make tanking feel like an epic experience.

The above explanation was a slight exaggeration but I just wanted to make a point that survivability should be more active, rather than passive. Paladins do have plenty of survivability cooldowns which have saved my life many times, so tanking isn't 100% passive, but I wish it would be more active than it is today. GC already discussed this in a recent blog so I know this issue is already being considered. Despite the high passive survivability, I still enjoy feeling like the brave guardian of light who gets to fight these huge bosses face to face.

I answered this above. Rotation complexity is fine but I wish that rotation would contribute more to survivability.

More active survivability and a really cool looking t13 set :)

Seal of Justice. Turn Evil.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Part I:
What type of content do you focus on?
PVE raiding
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

I play strictly Holy, and honestly there isn't much in the way of quality-of-life that I consider a hassle, except maybe Beacon being on the GCD. It gets annoying in Beacon-switching situations.
Judgement is kind of maintenancy. Casting every minute for the haste buff is easy to do, but it is a very large part of our mana regen, and you feel pretty much forced to Judge on cooldown for the best mana returns--yet in a situation when you're healing that much that you need the regen, you can't spare the GCDs to judge.

I really enjoy my Guardian, honestly. Only copying 5 heals is a little weak, but being able to see such a direct impact on the raid when I use him, plus his neat graphic, is pretty awesome. I could do without his yelling, though. (C'mon, copying my heals isn't that exhausting.)
Avenging Wrath and Divine Favor are also strong cooldowns that I enjoy being able to use (although I do wish the DF graphic were a little more obvious, but that's purely for cosmetic reasons--wings make me feel empowered, a little circle that shows for only half a second does not).
Also having two sprints in Speed of Light is really fun and makes me feel like I can respond more quickly to "the bad"; even if I can't necessarily cast much when I'm running like that, I can still move out of the fire/void zone/etc and get in range of my targets more quickly. Also the Glyph of Divine Protection makes me feel like I can contribute to reducing raid damage by having the other healers worry less about me.
Hand of Sacrifice is a very handy tank cooldown, although it has gotten me killed once or twice.

My weakness in AOE healing capability compared to other healers.
I feel really helpless when there are massive amounts of AOE damage going out, especially when that AOE damage requires that the raid is not stacked up, such as phase 2 of H Rhyo. The effective radius of HR (i.e., the point where the heal starts diminishing due to range) is really limiting and raids have to be really stacked on me to get proper healing out of it.
I know it was mentioned already to make HR a cast that generates Holy Power for LoD. That would be an amazing change and I'd really look forward to it. It doesn't fix the positional sensitivity of Paladin AOE healing, but at least it's more consistent AOE that I can bring out, as opposed to the current model of "once every 20 seconds, or if I have 3 Holy Power, which usually takes a while to build up". >.>
90 Human Paladin

- PvE - Healing

- Raids (both 10 and 25 man)

- With the change to Beacon, I can't really think of anything.

EDIT: See Persephøne's QoL list, she(he) said what I was unable to put in to words.

- Being able to heal, tank and dps. I love being able to fill in whatever is needed.

Holy - Our severe lack of AoE heals. Slow holy power generation for AoE heals.

Ret - Extreme RNG and an overall clunky "rotation".

Our single target healing is great, I have no complaints. Our AoE healing? We are lacking! (I'll keep this short and sweet)
-Holy power generation for AoE healing is extremely slow. Please bring back the old ICC Light of Dawn model.
-The changes to Holy Radiance have been great so far (Thanks!) but it gets fairly lackluster during 25 mans. If I had to propose a change, make it a smart heal for the 10 closest and most hurt players and possibly pump up the healing just a tad.

-Better AoE healing (see LoD/HR changes above).
-Add LoD to the Eternal Glory talent (or add a similar effect in another holy talent) if the old ICC LoD is unable to be put back in.
-Less clunky ret rotation.
-Bring back ret's old Art of War(?) proc (free flash of light (maybe holy light now?)).
-Make crit more useful. One poster mentioned making it so when you crit, you get a guaranteed crit on your next spell. I thought that would work well.

As a holy paladin I use everything in my power to help the group whether it's taunting down spinners during Beth, interrupting on a pillar during Nef or HoJ/holy wrath stunning adds on Rag. My least used ability would have to be exorcism, it costs too darn much! I would love to see a talent similar to Telluric Currents (but also reducing mana cost at the same time).
Edited by Showtek on 9/12/2011 10:43 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Both

Mainly Heroics but I raid casually.

Mainly Arena but will RBG when I have the opportunity.

Quality of life is pretty good for Paladins at the moment. There are two things I can think of that could be improved. 1 is Inquisition, it is such an "odd" spell for each spec. It seems like it is something that should just be passive and not have to be kept up especially if you continue with the Holy Power.

Holy Power is the second thing that could use some work. The Holy Power system works great for Holy, I love it. For Retribution and Protection however I really don't like it. It is very clunky and makes me feel to much like a Rogue with combo points rather than the Holy Warrior feeling I have had since Vanilla.

I think Holy Power should be an Holy Spec exclusive mechanic, kind of like Balance Druids with the Eclipse Bar.

I feel regardless of our spec we have a good balance of being a melee class with strong spell abilities. Also, I LOVE DIVINE GUARDIAN.

Crowd Control: As a Paladin we can break CC with trinket or Divine Shield. After that we are pretty much out of luck. One Polymorph, trinket it, full fear, Divine Shield, now I am going to be sitting in CC for god knows how long. We need something more to help with CC. Blessing of Freedom and Blessing of Protection can both be dispelled, in high level arena almost instantly. We have talent to increase their duration and lower cooldown, but most people skip it because it is useless. We would be better off with having those talents reduce the chance for them to get dispelled by 50/100%. Another thing about Crowd Control is we have no way to heal people when we are CC. If a Shaman is CC'd his teammate can stay alive with an Earth Shield and Riptide rolling on them. A CC'd Druid doesn't have to worry about his partner dying because they can have full HoTs rolling. A CC'd Paladin... well... Holy Radiance lol?

Damage: Our damage is pretty decent, but for PvP we could use some help. We really rely on Avenging Wrath for a kill and the fact that it can be dispelled/spell stolen is not a great design.

Also, it would be nice if Light of Dawn was actually worth putting a point into.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

Holy: I love it. Don't change anything. I know there was talk about changing Holy Radiance, please don't. The fire and forget for it is nice because it is unique. All of our other heals are just direct heals.

Protection: It is fun but would be better if we didn't have Holy Power. Holy Power just doesn't feel like a mechanic tanks should be using.

Retribution: Same thing as Protection, get rid of Holy Power. Holy Power should be a Holy Spec only mechanic. Having to build up 3 Holy Power and then having to choose whether to heal, deal damage, or get up inqui is not fun.

Holy: An Earth Shield type spell. A HoT. A range interrupt.
Protection: Nothing really... except Ardent Defender to go back to being passive like WotlK.
Retribution: NO MORE HOLY POWER. Holy Power just isn't fun for Retribution.

Light of Dawn
What type of content do you focus on? [Both]

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids]

QoL issue would have to be Holy Power, I know this was put in the game to make paladins more fun to play but now we feel like slow combo point building rogues, also we are slow to ram up damage three crusader strikes then inquisition three more crusader strikes and FINALLY TV. In a nut shell please change Retribution to a more user controllable damage spec at the moment its way to heavy based on RNG.

I love the direction protection is heading

Holy Power, feeling like such a whimp when we dont have a good string of procs, also sacred shield gets worse and worse with every release of gear, now the absorb damage is only worth one hit.

I feel our prot and holy rotation are ok, Ret feels really really slow.

More user controlled damage, less proc dependency.

Holy wrath is a joke, please revamp it or remove it from our rotation.
Edited by Orsis on 9/12/2011 10:53 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Part II:

Divine Light is our most efficient spell, yet it costs SO MUCH it's ridiculous. I get a twinge of envy every time another healer reads out the mana cost of their "big heal". I understand this is to balance out Word of Glory, but still. It almost feels like a punishment to cast DL, but HL and HS don't heal for enough to keep up with incoming damage.
Holy Shock heals for an absolutely pitiful amount, and I wouldn't even cast it if it didn't generate Holy Power. I think the heal on HS needs to be buffed hardcore. Hell, if HS healed for more, maybe the DL cost wouldn't feel so bad.

Like I mentioned already, more stable AOE healing. Maybe less positional sensitivity, maybe more frequent castability, maybe a little of both.
I would also like to maybe see Nature resist added into Resistance Aura (to then be used with Aura Mastery). Not that it matters this tier, but I really raged every time we did H Chimaeron because my "awesome raid cooldown" was practically useless because of all the damage being Nature, yet everyone else could use their raid cooldown without issue.
I'd also like to see Aura Mastery's duration being extended a little bit, because 6 seconds is really short and punishing if you don't time it just right. However if I remember this was nerfed for PVP reasons, so I don't have my hopes up here. It would just be nice.
Also, like someone else said, Paladin minor glyphs are really not interesting at all. Every single one of them is reduce mana cost of X. Every one. And every one of those X's is a 30 minute or hour long buff. Woo.
I'd love to see a minor glyph that changes the GOAK appearance somehow, maybe to use a female model or something.

As Holy? Any kind of damage ability that isn't Judgement (Exo costs way too much without the talent, and no respectable PVE'er would talent it for raiding unless it's a gimmick fight like Chimaeron). Turn Evil is pretty worthless; I think the only time I've used it this entire expansion is on the demon on Hex Lord Malacrass when we're short other CCs.
With the buff to threat I don't think I've used Hand of Salvation even once. I used it pretty much every fight pre-threat buff, because we have a warrior in the raid.
Non-Holy: Seal of Justice is pretty worthless too--not worth the DPS loss to use in PVP or PVE for pretty much any spec, especially since Censure's recent buff, and the fact that Judgement doesn't apply it makes it worse. If you're trying to catch a target in PVP, you're not going to be in melee range to slow them to begin with. XD
85 Blood Elf Paladin
We’re looking for feedback on your class as we work on changes and adjustments for a future game update. While we may be making some specific class changes in 4.3, what we’re looking for in this thread is overall feeling on the class as a whole for more long term changes in the future.

Here is the kind of feedback that is NOT helpful in this particular thread:

• Concerns that your current damage, healing or tanking is not competitive. While this kind of feedback is often useful, it also is the kind of thing that can change from patch to patch, and so it isn’t as useful for long term vision changes.

• Concerns that your feedback is being ignored or that we don’t take these kind of posts seriously, or otherwise posting anything that is off-topic or not in the spirit of this thread’s intent.

• Requests for responses to your suggestions or feedback. The purpose of this thread is to get information to us, not the reverse.

We hope you take these threads seriously, as we’re going to be reading them very carefully. We ask that you take time to think and formulate a useful and objective reply, as this feedback could be used to alter your class in substantial ways.

We won’t be replying here addressing your concerns. This is purely for us to read your answers to the below questions.

Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

• What type of content do you focus on? PvE
    [li]If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids/The Valor Cap Heroics.
    [li]If PvP, what type of PvP? None.
    [li]What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
  • Only Holy shock giving me holy power.
  • What makes playing your class more fun?
  • When every healer / class isnt the same. Every healer can do the job now.
  • What makes playing your class less fun?
  • Being like every healer.
  • How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
  • Its alright. Kinda want another heal though.
  • What’s on your wish list for your class?
  • A REAL AoE heal. Light of dawn is AWFUL
  • What spells do you use the least?
Light of Dawn, Flash of Light, Conc Aura.
85 Human Paladin

Raids and heroics for VP

1)I don't see a reason for seals to have a duration any more.
2)Accidentally casting kings instead of might and then having to spend 5 minutes convincing the druid to recast mark because it knocked mark off.
3)Having to arrange my holy bars to conform to my prot keybindings ie not being able to rebind keys to different action bars when i change spec.
4)Having to spend half an hour respeccing and setting up my bars every time i change my offspec. Cataclysm made the talent trees 3 distinct classes so i don't know why we can only play 2 at once.

Protection: I like how the dps rotation is relatively mindless so i can focus my attention on positioning, helping teammates with divine guardian, WoG, hands, shout at them on vent etc. I also like having strong cooldowns - when the healer dies in a heroic and i stay alive for a minute and kill the boss i feel like a small god.

Holy: Beaconing the tank and then raid healing to keep him alive is fun.

Protection: Word of Glory being on a timer. I loved that spell.

Holy: I hate how proc and cooldown reliant it is. It feels like i'm playing whack a mole. I vastly prefer my holy priest because it feels more like i'm choosing which spell is best for the situation than trying to keep up with procs. I fully realise that it's just not the spec for me, i really only play it out of necessity.

Prot: Generally i like how easy it is so i can concentrate on other things. I sometimes wish i had another ability to use instead of holy wrath though, that ability sucks. I also wish i could use Word of Glory more. I find i hardly ever use it any more with the 20 second cooldown.

Holy: I don't like it, i guess i hate having to use judgement ot keep my mana up mostly.

Ret: It feels very RNG reliant, if it was made less variable i would change my offspec back to ret.

Prot: Word of Glory back to no cooldown. Maybe tie it in with the tank rework to make our rotation based more off survivability?

Holy: I don't know i just don't like it. Get rid of judgement i guess?

Ret: Less RNG and things to juggle.

All that undead crap, A couple of the hands.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

My focus has been on PvE through almost the entire life of the game. I have just started in PvP and will exclude that in my responses because it is quite new to me.

Any and all content available

Arenas and BGs

I actually don't think that there are many PvE quality of life issues that exist (from a Ret or Prot perspective...not a healer, so can't answer). The class is slightly harder to play in Cataclysm than it has been previously, and that is nice. it helps separate the wheat from the chaff. That said, I think that the changes made to our AoE abilities have dampened certain fight's fun. The fact that we don't have the mana pool to use Consecrate anymore as Ret is frustrating. In addition, using Divine Storm for holy power only when on packs of 4 or more is nice, but it still seems to leave a gap for what we should be doing when there are 2-3 mobs. We basically become a single target DPS class, which I guess is fine, but it just seems like something is wrong when doing those #'d packs.

At this point, managing procs. You know that when your procs start popping that you are going to start really putting out the damage.

This is me firmly straddling the fence. Because we are so proc reliant, when we don't get them popping up, there are times when there is literally nothing in the rotation to push. You can sit there for 1-2 second (or four if your last attack was Crusader Strike) and just watch the CD's turn until something happens. I am of the opinion that there should never be nothing to press. That said, I also find Zealotry to be less fun to use, and I will explain. When you are trying to maximize your DPS, you see Pallies pop Wings and Zealotry...for whatever reason, once those two have been activated, our TV Procs increase exponentially, to the point that we start losing Crusader Strikes and trying to manage the insanity on your screen can get overwhelming. That may be the design and is working as intended, and if that is the case, then some confirmation in a class Q&A or blog would be nice.

Like I mentioned above, the rotation works just fine, the majority of the time. There are times when you have just hit CS as it comes of cooldown and end up staring at your screen waiting for something else to do. The mana cost of Consecration makes it prohibitive to use for the return you get back back in Ret Spec. Prot seems to be in a great place rotation wise.

Something to balance the smaller AoE fights a little more. Something feels like it is still missing. I am not sure if it is Consecration or something new, but it just has never felt right since the newest expansion.

Consecrate. Turn Evil.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]