Class Feedback – Paladin

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

As far as PvP goes... having almost everything cool I can do get spell-stolen by a mage pretty much makes me feel like a one-legged gimp, including my wings, which is like my bread and butter and then suddenly it's gone and that mage over there has it... so disappointing.

What makes playing your class more fun?

Primarily, the fact that I can do almost any job as it's required of me would be the main reason I prefer my paladin, though lately I focus on tanking and only switch to ret on single-tank fights, and haven't run holy since 4.1 due to my raid team not needing it.

What makes playing your class less fun?

Nothing I can think of that isn't covered by the next question.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

For protection, it's a standard tanking rotation, no big deal. I love my defensive CDs. For ret, however, I feel like I have some terribly long dry spells where my damage just dips into nothingness. For example, I went up against a couple other melee in my raid team against a dummy for 3 minutes for a few rounds and sometimes I'll get so many procs I can be competitive with them at about 22k, but other times my dry spells are such that my end DPS is about 15-16k.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Make it so we're not so dependent on RNG to pull good DPS. Procs are cool and all but when you don't get them for 20-30 seconds at a time it's kind of a drag and you're just sitting there waiting for CS to be ready.

For prot, give us a glyph to change turn evil into turn elemental! Turn Evil was great in ICC and all but... all the undead are gone now. A true paladin would master a new tool for this new situation.

And how about a better T12 4-piece bonus for prot? That 12% extra parry or whatever for 15 seconds every minute is pretty worthless when you're already at or near total combat table coverage, and I don't want to reforge my extra avoidance into more hit/expertise so that I take even more damage the other 45 seconds of that minute. In fact the 4-pc bonus just makes me mad... like it's mocking my CTC!

While I'm dreaming... what about giving us a battle res, too?! If the ghost of Arthas's dad can bring ten to 25 people back to life at once, other paladins should be able to, as well...

It worked in Blazing Saddles!

What spells do you use the least?

Since the buff to tank threat, as ret I've not had to use Hand of Salvation at all... I never use Hand of Protection except as a gimmick to drop debuff stacks on certain encounters. As ret I'll rarely use Consecration as a filler even when there's nothing else due to it being a massive mana drain. Holy Wrath against a single-target is a terrible filler as well. As prot I use almost everything in my arsenal except Holy Radiance and Inquisition.
Edited by Greenlee on 9/12/2011 10:48 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Mostly PvE but PvP is one of my favourite aspects

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BGs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Prot being very mana dependant, Use Judgement to gain back some mana and you lose aggro due to not spamming AoE attacks.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

Having to take time to learn how to do top DPS with your class is a fun experience, The idea of being a holy killer sounds apealing :D

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Ret is overly Proc based, very inconsistent

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Too Proc based, and based off of CD's I go from 20k to 12k just from switching targets due to not getting Procs ( there was a very good post in the paladin forums I cannot for the life of me think of the name but it proves that RNG and Procs screw us as 1 pally was like 25k and the other was like 15k, both same rotation just based off procs)

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
-More Linear Rotation
-Maybe different stat priorities, If we are this proc dependant I think we should focus on haste/ crit strike instead of Hit/Exp
-More Badass armour sets, no reason paladins can't have spikes and skulls, Just because our DPS isn't great atleast we can look threatening.
-For the love of god make our rotation less proc/cd dependant, no other class has to play the lottery to DPS and they don't blow CD's on trash to keep DPS up why do I? (fyi i'm not a baddie just saying our rotation is bad atm, lmao d=(^.^)z

■What spells do you use the least?
#1 Concecration/Devine Storm I find these actually drop my DPS,More then likely it's just me but I don't use them much
85 Human Paladin
SOS

PvE

Raids and Heroics.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I'd have to say Aesthetics - Paladins have some of the best looking armor in game, and I'd like to see that feel brought back in the future. T9, T10 (both non heroic colors) and T12 took away from the class, where as T5, T6, T7, T10 (The Heroic 277 color) and T11 Heroic all gave the class that Paladin feel.

Playing Holy. I'm a born healer though so it's really a personal choice.

Silences. Our entire spellbook gets locked out if we get spell locked.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

For holy, I ranted about that below. For Ret, I'm finding myself enjoying it. I have no dramas.

Lack of Holy Power options is a concern for me - For example, I'd like to see Divine Plea based of Holy Power usage, and more use of the resource as a whole. Holy Power feels like something that's just been thrown in to make Paladins "new" - it doesn't make the class feel unique as it should.

Holy as a tree is in a good place, but I do have some concern regarding AOE and Single Target healing. I understand the concept that you want all classes to feel like they can AoE heal and single target heal - Paladins can't AoE heal as well as the other 3 classes. This is not actually a bad thing - niche healing has always been something that makes the class feel unique. Although, maybe Holy could be bloated (kind of like feral having the distinction between bear and cat) where there is a distinction between single target and AoE healing - I feel this would solve many balance issues with Paladins become overpowered or under powered - Like I said before, we're in a good place. Buffs would just make us overpowered, and call for nerfs in other areas (butterfly effect into PvP nerfs for example).

Ultimately I just feel a lot more could be done with Holy. Including things like Crusader Strike usage to generate holy power giving something more rewarding on use (like a crit buff for x seconds - just an example, of course).

I'd also like to see Mastery overhauled - it's a lackluster stat for us. A fun mastery would be something like the old Illumination talent - "You have a X% chance when you crit with Holy Light, Divine Light, Flash of Light or Holy Shock to gain 20% of the mana cost back. Each point of master increases the chance of a mana return by Y%" - That would bring a Paladin feel back to the class. It's a rough example off the top of my head - not saying it's good or bad, but the general direction my thoughts headed.

Realistic Wishes:
- Visual Tomes - or now that we use Relics, the Tome could be a generic Paladin thing, and the decor on the cover could be changed depending on the relic (For instance, if the relic was a branch, a Branch could be embedded elegantly into the cover).
- Overhauled Mastery for Holy
- More Holy Power options and utility

Some of the more ridiculous and childish wishes:
- Ranged DPS spec for Holy
- Pegasus flying mount - like Invincible, just dressed as a Charger and White!

Not sure. I had a good think about it, but in all specs, I generally make use of all the spells. Or find a way to. I don't have a constructive answer for this right now.
Edited by Lionheartex on 9/12/2011 10:50 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
PvE

Raids.

I have three viable, fun, exciting specs available as a Paladin and can only choose two of them at a time.

For Prot, the greatest QoL issue is missed/avoided strikes not generating Holy Power; this was somewhat okay after the recent change to threat, but it is still frustrating at times, particularly on pulls.

For Ret, reliance on procs and RNG to do competitive DPS - any given encounter can see wild swings in DPS output through no mistake of the Paladin because of the frequency and timing of Art of War and Divine Purpose procs.

Holy is unable to put out anywhere near the damage that other healers can during healing down-time.

Holy Wrath is almost never ever the correct button to press for any spec. It doesn't do enough damage to be an AoE ability and it is eclipsed by every other single-target ability. The only reason it is useful is for the stun component, which requires a major glyph to be viable in current content.

"Hand" spells do not have a long enough range. Hand of Salvation feels too weak, especially after the recent change to threat.

Retribution Aura - I hate to use a negative buzz word, but it truly is worthless. Our Paladins joke, "Well, we have a Shaman, so Det, you get Concentration aura, and I'll get Crusader."

Utility. I really feel like I'm able to look out for the raid and individual players while performing my given role.

Lack of mobility as Prot. Clumsy rotation while Ret's cooldowns are active.

Excepting Ret's too-random rotation (some random is good, I agree), the rotations feel fine.

Longer range on Hands, mobility for Prot, less RNG reliance as Ret, lower cooldown on Hand of Sacrifice, Holy Radiance feeling more meaningful when used as Ret or Prot along with a reduced mana cost, and Divine Intervention returned to my spell book.

Holy Wrath, Hand of Salvation, Retribution Aura.
Edited by Detriment on 9/13/2011 9:44 AM PDT
88 Human Paladin
- PVE
- Heroic-level raiding
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
- n/a
- For Prot, my current main spec, I really have no complaints. For Holy, my previous main spec and the spec I have the most experience playing in: STOP balancing us around Beacon of Light. I'd say ditch it completely, tbh. It's an out-dated and clunky mechanic. Bleh!
- The high number of cooldowns we have at our disposal. I feel like I have a good "oh, dear" button for almost every situation.
- The Prot rotation is kind of boring. Also, I feel like my tanking is taken less seriously than that of less-skilled people playing a different class. Help get rid of this stereotype!
- See above; the rotation is dull. I try to spice it up by lining up Inq/AWrath/etc for kicks and giggles on the DPS meter, but overall, it's absurdly repetitive. It only gets semi-interesting when Crusader Strikes don't land and I'm panicking to get the next SotR off before Inq/Wrath/str pot runs out.
- Beacon of Light removed, better balanced with other healing classes.
- Perhaps an additional *something* for Prot rotation. There was a nice suggestion on the forum recently about turning Hammer of Wrath into another Holy Power generating ability, reducing the damage significantly, but giving it full power during Avenging Wrath and sub-20% target health. WTB THAT.
- Exorcism? Turn Evil? I don't pvp much at all, and there are very few Undead/Demon mobs here to use TE on. Nothing I'm particularly upset about. Also, Seal of Righteousness. Has virtually no use for Prot at end game. Would love to see this get a bit of a revamp to be useful for us. I like the idea of having two seals that would see regular use.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Holy Pally PvP - Prot Pve

Both More toward PvP

BH

All the Above, can't seem to find RBG's as much on Blackrock

Needing Holy Power for Inquisition maybe I would be cool with it if it did 30% Holy Dmg AND Healing

Being able to play all the roles. The bubble. The Aura's Buff's I feel needed in what ever I do PvE or PvP

I get called a noob for popping bubble when about to die. Also having a cow as another race to be a Paladin

No rotation for me! Hpally all the way. But for Prot It's pretty simple I dont have a problem with it.

For Ret/Prot something to get right to my Enemy, example Warriors, charge and Heroic Leap. DK's have Death Grip. Rogues have Shadow Step. Shaman has Ghost Wolf.

I'm not even spec'd into it, Light of Dawn, theres just sooo much other things I could use my Holy Power for thats better then that its not even funny. Aoe Heal Holy Radiance... Let me have something better then Light of Dawn!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Majority raids, heroics on the side.
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]Battlegrounds and arena as retribution.
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.Make blessings like inner fire in the way that if you use the spell it is off until you change it, not that it just lasts 30 minutes or debuffs after death.
What makes playing your class more fun? Big heals.
For retribution, bursting damage in your face style of damage in pvp.
What makes playing your class less fun? "Fake" aoe healing. The way it was introduced to try and give hpallies AoE healing in cata was "fake". If you are going to give holy pallies the oppurtunity to raid heal, then it has to be done right and it has to be a good strictly raid heal, not some heals on the side. Like talents turning you into a raid oriented healer rather than talents that could make you tank heals, much like the bear/cat tree that is feral druid. If you arent going to make us AoE heal right, then dont try to do it. All or nothing IMO, id be better off just a tank healer than a tank healer with half-assed aoe heals.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I love the changes that cataclysm brought where I no longer just used flash of light. I love how there is a better choice of what I can use and how certain moves build up "combo points" (holy power) for me to use a powerful heal.

For retribution, it relies too much on procs I want a steady rotation, but also not a boring one.
What’s on your wish list for your class?Merging with my guardian to buff heals like a tree of light, but also keep the guardian effect where it also heals off of my heal.

For Retribution, a total overhaul of the spec. With inclusion of a gap closer. Warriors, Dks both have gap closers, now you may say Retribution can use the judgement talent to increase their speed for what? 5 secs maybe, but that does no good if Hand of Freedom is on cooldown, and it also is completly useless if the class can just blink, go into cat form and sprint, cheetah and run fast and ghost wolf and run fast. Retribution needs a solid gap closer that either brings you to us or us to you.
What spells do you use the least?In terms of spells with no cooldowns, I use flash of light the least.

For Retribution, I use divine storm the least, only needing it for AoE. I miss the days of gold hammers storming around me : (.
Edited by Yuruse on 9/12/2011 10:54 AM PDT
85 Draenei Paladin

PVE.

Mostly 5-man heroics, occasional raids.

Don't really PvP, but BGs when I do.

100% up-time on Inquisition is mandatory for Ret DPS, and as a player who prefers minimal add-ons to track such things it's a pain to keep checking if the buff is still up. Refreshing the duration by some means other than re-casting the spell would be nice (for example, warriors refreshing rend via mortal strike).

Retribution damage is highly dependent on procs, which is wonderful when you're getting them but terrible when you're not.

When the RNG gods look favourably upon me.

Pushing terrible numbers for DPS during periods of proc starvation.

Holy Wrath (and even consecrate to a certain extent) feel out of place in a single-target rotation. For AE's, 4 targets seems like too high of a minimum for generation holy power through Divine Storm.

Alternative refresh method for Inquisition; reduced dependence on procs for PVE Ret DPS; reduction in number of targets needed to acquire holy power via divine storm; buttons to replace Consecration and Holy Wrath in our single-target rotation.

I don't use Divine Storm very often due to the required number of targets for holy power generation.
90 Draenei Paladin

PvE, minor amounts of PvP

Heroics, Raids, Heroic Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Removal of Divine Intervention. While exploits can be used with this ability, it also allows for easy wipe recovery. Holy Wrath and Consecration are fillers in the single-target rotation.

Ability to support raids with powerful cooldowns that can potentially make or break an attempt.

Being generally useless on encounters that don't require emergency utility, using AoE abilities in a single-target rotation, long recovery after battlerez (seal, buff, OOM, Divine Plea). For PvP-side, being pigeonholed into a support DPS class after being specifically told the defensive hybrid does not work. Selfless Healer.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

Massive random famines between procs, procs can make DPS fluctuate so much that it is unreliable. Not enough sustained DPS to stay competitive while AW/Zeal/GoAK are on cooldown. Absolute uselessness while standing there waiting for Crusader Strike to come off cooldown. Holy Wrath and Consecration are part of the rotation to make up for the huge gaps, which bleed mana.

New abilities that allow us to fill our single-target and AoE rotations with more than fluff. Re-introduction of Divine Intervention. Removal of Selfless Healer and removal of cooldown on Word of Glory. Lower cooldown on Guardian of Ancient Kings (4m?) to let it sync up with the rest of our cooldowns and reduce the chance of it being on cooldown during pulls. Removal of Seal of Justice or fixing it into something useful. Increase on range of Communion to compete with Arcane Mages 100y. Conviction (Vengeance) back where it belongs in the Retribution tree or at least accessible to all three specs. Rebuild of Sanctity of Battle (3s CS cooldown is a must) and better scaling with procs via Haste by percentage rather than just decreasing GCD/swing timer. Hand of Freedom talent to remove stuns once more.

Turn Evil, Word of Glory (20s cooldown makes this ability useless to rely on in any situation, due to the Holy Power requirements), Seal of Justice.

I think that's about all I can think of.
Edited by Verexïa on 9/12/2011 11:10 AM PDT
90 Dwarf Paladin
PvE
Raids, and heroics
N/A
My armor sets don't really feel very "paladiny" minor complaint I know, but other than that none.
Simple rotations, alot of self healing on top of lots of Tanking CDs
Ret feels very sluggish in encounters and on AoE'ing can we make Divine Storm add a holy power counter and cost Mana again?
I love my rotation in Prot and Ret, just wish things in Ret made Inquisition last longer.
You guys have really overhauled alot with paladins and made us feel pretty and new lol, so I would say only thing I wish for a bit more spell detail on certain moves such as Holy Radiance, and Inquisition. I want to see my character flowing with holy might, not kinda glowing like a raver lol.
hand of protection, I only use it as a sort of Paladin time out on melee dps who can't control their agro or do dumb things. However since agro buff no need for it anymore, I say lose it.
100 Tauren Paladin
Zaft, 85 Tauren Protection Paladin

What type of content do you focus on? Both mostly PvE though but i do like to pvp occasionally

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics and Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? Mostly BGs sometimes an arena every now and then

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? I would like more abilities that generate holy power that arnt on the same CD as CS and HoR

What makes playing your class more fun? I've done it since i start playing I Love being a pally

What makes playing your class less fun? aside from the whole HP issue nothing rlly

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I think it's solid i just need another ability to get HP

What’s on your wish list for your class? another HP generator and maybe some more hit for tanks everywhere i just like ACTUALLY hitting things

What spells do you use the least? Inquisition i find no use for it between WoG and SotR nothing else seems to matter for my HP
85 Human Paladin

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    Both

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raids

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Arenas/Rated BGs

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    They've already been done when you removed reagant requirements for blessings, increased their duration and put hands on a seperate buff list. Life is good now.

• What makes playing your class more fun?
    Maintaining the Inquisition buff and aligning procs whilst keeping an eye on the raid frames for an appropriate hand.

• What makes playing your class less fun?
    Knowing the skill cap is very low, and that the difference between an average to competent player (such as myself) and a world class player isn't very noticable.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I enjoy the rotation for Protection and Retributions, such as they are. I would like it if Inquisition was used in prot outside of times when Sacred Duty hadn't procced. I also feel that ret could use another buff or debuff to track on top of Inquisition, to help with the low skill ceiling.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Anything that would allow a player to stand out from the crowd. While completing ignoring balance a peel, be it a spammable or low cooldowned crowd control, a death/life grip style ability, or a snare, would serve this purpose in pvp. An extra buff or debuff to actively maintain would potentially do so in both aspects of the game.

• What spells do you use the least?
    Seal of Justice, Retribution Aura (In saying that, I don't believe paladins have any near useless spells like we used to)
90 Dwarf Paladin
Mainly PvP
Heroics, but i stopped that after doing zg/za 5000 times.
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Arena - I play holy and there is almost no way for me to achieve any objectives solo because I can't kill anything.
This class is just not fun to play
Nothing, I absolutely hate playing paladins.
The fact that I can't kill ANYTHING in holy spec.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I feel like there is no tanking rotation in pve. In PvP as holy I get locked out of all of my spells by a single interrupt.
I wish that this class as holy could have some offensive abilities. I have literally had to heal myself for 20 minutes until the other player gives up in arena when it's down to one on one. I simply cannot kill anything as holy spec. Sitting and hoping that the other person leaves due to annoying them because they can't kill me in holy spec.
What spells do you use the least? Holy light is useless in PvP
90 Tauren Paladin
Both
H Raids
mostly Rated BG's some arena
Ret pvp-inability to stay with my target (all classes have a slow but paladins)
holy pvp- cant complain, though maybe more range on stun outside of glyph (like 30 yrd range) would make paladins better for arenas
ret pve- proc dependance / non competitive in raids with top players
prot pve-cant complain, (MAKE A SHIELD DROP FROM BALEROC OR GIVE ME A CRAFTED/REP ONE ABOVE 359 PLEASE)
great survivability
ret being not viable for top anything
prot - hate parry/miss CS making me wait for holy power
ret- make inquisition last longer per hp so we have to use hp on it less frequently and make less proc dependance
ret- slowing ability and less proc/CD dependent dps
tank- make parry/misses provide holy power again like in the begining of cata now that we cant spam holy power ( i mean isnt that the reason u changed holy power generation on misses anyway?)
consecration (to much mana) holy wrath (only if everything else is on cd or i need to aoe a flag on bgs) holy light(not needed in rated bgs(only time i go holy))
100 Draenei Hunter
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Generally, due to the limited nature or some of the Pali abilities, PVE. But I do both PVP and PVE. I would consider more PVE if the Palidim mechanics were less restrictive.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics, Raid, Solo, old content, dailys, etc...

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BG's only. Again due to the restrictive mechanics I would not attempt rated or arena's.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
1) Remove dureation on Seal, it should be active until cancelled. Bossibly blessing (on slef) as well.
2) Seals and Blessings on yourself should presist through death. Escpecially in PVP. In BG's you cannot instantly return to combat until you rebuff, where other classes such as hunters for example can. Their pets and aspects area active immediately after rez.
3) Add a new or modify an existing ability to generate Holy Power that does not share a cool down with CS or DS. Since some PVE specs skip DS all together.
4) Increase mana regen or decraease cost of abilities. Once a pali run's low or exhasts mana they are sitting ducks.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
Beieve it or not, the lore. I love the concept of the Pali, the history and concept behind them. It terms of game play their overall utility, although I would argue that as a fusion class they are still weaker then some other fusion classes.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Glass Cannon effect.
The pali's focus on undead/unholy type targets limits their utility. Maybe consider opening up the effect of their abilities to all possible targets, with increased effects on unholy/undead types. Turn Evil for example could fear all targets, but have increased duration against undead types. Possible even spec for a specific 'arch enemy'.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) First come first serve rotation. Although it should be less dependent on proc's and should have some basic utilities that are off cd or more readily available.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
AOE cleanse/dispell
Inproved sustainable DPS, even at the cost of burst dps.
Remove the "Glass Cannon" effect of pali's.
Retool Turn Evil so that it is AOE and does not require a specific target to be selected.

■What spells do you use the least?
N/A. I don't really use them so I can think of which ones they are.
100 Human Paladin
* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Mostly PvE

* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids

* If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Basically the only pvp i do is out in the world or random bgs

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I dont personally have many issues as a paladin but it might be nice to have a better way to self heal as ret or prot.

* What makes playing your class more fun?

Simply being effective is fun. Aside from that I liked my class alot more when we had unique skills that no other classes could do :) i miss divine intervention

* What makes playing your class less fun?

It feels pretty bad when you know that rerolling a better class would help your guild more. I also dont like that my main spec(ret) feels alot like other classes only worse.

* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I feel that for a ret rotation some spells seem almost worthless but you use them only because you have no other options.(holy wrath/judgement do literally 1/10th the damage of TV)

* What’s on your wish list for your class?
A class defining spell that also looks visually impressive

* What spells do you use the least?

If sense undead is still in the game thats probably the most useless, Second is retribution aura... seriously its terrible. Seal of justice doesnt really have a place anymore, turn undead is HIGHLY situational, hand of salvation is kind of useless now with the new tank threat changes, and lastly holy wrath because its damage is almost negligible and is basically just an aoe stun for undead/demons(dragons and elementals with the glyph)
Edited by Lunt on 9/12/2011 10:55 AM PDT
85 Human Paladin
What type of content do you focus on?
PvE and PvP as Ret

Raids, heroics...I like soloing old content as well.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
Arena and BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Inquisition. Like everyone else, I hate how long the ramp-up time is, and how RNG and Proc based our playstyle is

I like being able to solo content. I like being able to deal damage and still survive on my own. I like that it's based more on damage, but has the capability to help you survive in dire situations.

When I can no longer compete with others due to my class mechanics, not ability to play my class. If I'm doing crappy because I have the wrong enchants, my bad. But if I can't pull my weight because of the class itsself...no bueno.

I'll be honest...I absolutely love holy power. I don't think that it's close to being a finished product, but I like where it's starting. I loved the FCFS rotation, but having something to think about is nice.

If we could find a way to accelerate HP gen, that'd be great, as well as have more uses for it (AoE finisher to compliment TV). Also, pre-cata I read a suggestion on making Inquisition almost like a spriest's shadowform...that might be worthwhile to revisit.

SoJ, Consecration
- World of Warcraft
85 Blood Elf Paladin
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

PVE

Heroic Raiding

The hassle of Intellect plate for my raid, and the waste of it when I no longer need it. The GCD-Restrictive way to generate mana as a main source from judging.

Clever or notable ways to generate holy power.

I can't raid heal effectively.

I don't have a problem with it, though I wish that it wasn't so focused on tank healing.

An on demand AOE heal (Doesn't need to be new). Perhaps a revisit from Sacred Shield as holy. I just don't like Beacon. At all.

This is purely from a PVE setting: Blessing of Freedom.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
-Both

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
-I raided in Wrath. Now I only do 5 mans and solo content.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
-I do battlegrounds at times.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
-Having less abilities. Seriously. Have you seen the amount of abilities that paladins have? It's crazy compared to all other classes.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
-The ability to fill all 3 roles is a plus.
-[Holy]Mana-efficient healing is nice.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
-Having very limited movement, and avoidance to movement-impairing abilities.
-Having only two specs when I can potentially fill 3 roles.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
-The Holy rotation is perfect.
-The Ret rotation is a complete mess and I don't even know where to begin. Bringing Holy Power into the system was a mistake. Inquisition is terrible. You tried to make it like Slice and Dice, and if you want it to compare to need to make Templar's Verdict refresh its duration. Wrath Rets were perfectly fine and fun to play, I just want that back.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
-Mobility.
-A Retribution rotation that is actually fun to play.
-Ret talents that aren't completely useless.

# What spells do you use the least?
-Too many to list.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Mostly PvE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Other. Whatever strikes me at the time and whatever I have the time for. Raided in Vanilla, but spent more time on real life as I got a bit older.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Random BGs. When I do PvP, it's just for the fun and randomness. Competitive PvP isn't for me.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

Diversity. Can tank in tanking gear. Can DPS in DPS gear. Can heal in Holy gear. And can even do weird things like go Prot in DPS gear and churn through solo content.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Only bad thing is that none of our gear allows for an easy crossover to another role. For example, priests can heal and DPS fairly well without a gear change as the stats for one role are mostly appropriate for the another. Druids have Balance/Resto. And so on. But for Pallys, a role change means an entirely different set of gear is needed.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

Just the RNG of Ret. Way too much time watching for buttons to flash or mashing them in case they do so you can make sure you aren't standing in fire..

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

See above.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Nothing really.

# What spells do you use the least?

Seal of Righteousness and Justice.
Turn Evil. Very limited use in PvP and almost completely useless in PvE due to it's tendency to pull adds.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]