Class Feedback – Paladin

(Locked)

90 Draenei Paladin

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics so far

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] none

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Not really 'big' issues it's more tiny, but I really did like being able to dispel buffs off of myself.

What makes playing your class more fun? I like the dynamics of ret and prot spec for pallies. The balance of holy and !@# kicking is nice.

What makes playing your class less fun? It's nothing that has to do with the class but the people in PUG's that make tanking absolutely dreadful, other than those occasions it's fun.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) The rotations for both Prot and Ret are great. Very engaging and efficient, thinking about what abilities to use and having to think quickly for it is great fun.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Bring back self dispel debuffs for Tanking, It really scares me to depend on healers for that sometimes.

What spells do you use the least? Hand of Salvation, resistance aura, turn evil, and hand of sacrifice.
85 Human Paladin
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE primarily

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics now, previously raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Holy power makes me feel like I'm not as active in a fight compared to other melee classes, but rather in a constant state of "building up power."

■What makes playing your class more fun?
The lore surrounding the paladin class

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Social stigma pushing paladins towards holy or protection
While questing/completing dailies, the need make a concerted effort to stop and heal up more than many other classes. A number of classes now have the ability to simply keep grinding from target to target thanks to excellent self heals via talents or a pet to take the brunt of the damage. A paladin either has to elect to stop altogether or to use talents/abilities that result in lower damage and drag fights out to stay healed.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
For retribution, it is okay at best, slow generally. The ramp-up of holy power feels slow, especially when having to worry about keeping Inquisition up when I'd rather simply blow it on a damaging ability like Templar's Verdict. Having procs for free abilities does make it feel a little better. I do appreciate having multiple cooldowns to use that allow an increase in damage.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Inquisition refreshing from Templar's Verdict or similar damaging ability jumps out

■What spells do you use the least?
Healing spells
100 Blood Elf Paladin
* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvP as holy paladin

* If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Rated BGs, BGs

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
In random BGs, the KillTheHealer addon makes it difficult to be a healer. Even in high quality pvp gear, I notice that I get focused down and CC'd more and by larger groups of otherwise uncoordinated players as soon as I show up at a flag, base, or group of players.

This is minor, but I would like to know when I have a Crusader proc that increases the effect of Holy Light by 300%.

I want to be able to use more of my profession items, like the parachute cloak from engineering, in rated BGs or have alternative tinkers and other profession-based gear enhancements specifically for PvP.

* What makes playing your class more fun?
As a healer in pvp, my abilities (heals, reactive buffs/spells, player skills) make other people stronger. When I am healing intelligent and aware players, together we can make a formidable team.

* What makes playing your class less fun?
A wasted Lay on Hands that hits the target, consuming the cooldown, but then doesn't apply the heal before the target dies.

I am completely useless on my own.

Being unable to briefly cast when I'm being focused, even when I use Aura Mastery with concentration aura.

Being unable to defend against an Elemental Shaman or Balance Druid determined to knock me off a cliff.

* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
My free casting rotation feels great, but my "on the move" rotation (Holy shock, Word of Glory, instant Flash of Light) gives me very little to work with in situations where I am locked out of casting any Holy spells, have holy power and do not need to cast Word of Glory or Light of Dawn, or when I have no holy power and desperately need it.

* What’s on your wish list for your class?
An approximation of the Zealotry cooldown for holy paladins.

A defensive cooldown that uses holy power (perhaps something like an absorption shield which can be cast on anyone).

An ability that is the reverse of Hand of Sacrifice, that allows me to share damage I am taking with another player.

* What spells do you use the least?
Light of Dawn - Unlike most holy paladins who only do arena, I actually have and use Light of Dawn in Rated BGs, but still not that often.

Illuminated Healing - The only time my mastery is even marginally useful is when I'm able to roll heals on a flag carrier before the enemy team attacks.

Retribution Aura - I find it hard to justify the use of Retribution aura in any situation, with its benefit so insignificant.

Exorcism - It makes me go oom and I can't afford to pick up the talent for it.
Edited by Hearthfiend on 9/12/2011 4:58 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids, Heroics.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs, Rated BGs, and Arenas.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
My biggest "QoLI" issue is with the duration of blessings and seals. At this point in the game it is unnecessary to have to continually refresh a blessing or seal.

What makes playing your class more fun?
Being able to deal damage as a paladin has always been a fun concept for me.

What makes playing your class less fun?
- Seal swapping for AoE.
- Too proc reliant in pve.
- Avenging Wrath and Zealotry (Using both abilities at or around the same time clutters our rotation making it feel clunky and more of a hassle than necessary.)
- Being extremely susceptible to crowd control and snares in pvp.
- Mana cost of abilities as retribution are too penalizing in pvp.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Everything about retribution is generally fine with the exception of the clunkiness while Zealotry and Avenging Wrath are being used.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
I wish that Holy Wrath and Seal of Justice wouldn't be so worthless. I wish that blizzard would give paladins an AoE ability that uses holy power.

What spells do you use the least?
Seal of Justice.
80 Undead Priest
mainly pve, but I pvp on a regular basis for both fun and friendly "fights" with my fellow hordies on my server who I see messing around where people do dailies.

raids

BGs, world

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
maintaining certain bonus stats on gear since we healers are forced to give up a second stat for spirit. Example might be T12 holy paladin gloves have no spirit but two awesome bonuses while everything else only has 1 bonus + spirit. DPS and TANKS all get 2 bonuses always. If spirit is to be classified as a bonus (to which can be reforged) it should be in green text or remain separate like stam,stg,int,&agi are.

For ret I would like to see maybe more haste in the class or better DoTs (which you're doing) because when everything is on CD it plays too much like a mage where the time spent casting = zero dps. PLaying my warrior or DK there seems to always be something proccing or ready to use, but for my secondary spec as ret there seems to always be 2-3sec in the middle of attacking where I sit and wait doing white dmg.

being able to do what I set myself out to do (tank/heal/dps) and not be nerfed or underpowered by the encounter or content at hand. (exp: aoe heal being 90% effective, direct heals only 10% -> dont want that lol)

see above

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

It works, but things mentioned in "life-improvements" question keeps me from saying better.
I know you guys have plains to add some "flare" to Holy Radiance and I sort of agree with the direction your guys are brainstorming but in a previous blue post a few months back you mentioned making it act like Divine Hymn or Tranquility. I would hope you'd consider Prayer of healing-style instead.

Id like to see something done about Crusader aura. It only has one function and is only useful half the time. Since it is a speed boost, why not let it apply to everything else like a DK's unholy presence. That might get rid of that run/mount speed buff in the ret talent tree if you apply a 10% mount and run speed for crusader aura and change the talent to apply crusader aura to any aura (for rets only). Maybe go one step further and have crusader aura increase mount, running, weapon speeds by 10%... but I think that is asking too much. All I'd like to ask for is to give it more usage than just one thing. I mean, you guys said if yourself back in wrath... the idea for class changes for cata was to remove all those pesky passive abilities but keep the key featured ones. I may be a "feature" but its pretty damn passive.

Seal of retribution. It doesnt really have that "pow" that it used too. The other aura's still function very well. Ret does like 40dmg per attack and with 130k+ hp targets hitting you its like getting poked with the eraser end of a pencil.
Edited by Loghaine on 9/12/2011 11:22 AM PDT
85 Dwarf Paladin

Both

Heroic Raids

Both

For PVE and PVP damage is either incredible while cds are up or mediocre while not. Having Crusader strike dodgeable in pvp makes it incredibly difficult to generate holy power against classes with high dodge such as rogues and feral druids.

Seal of Justice snare is very weak compared to other melee snares instantly applied or with greater duration. Switching to Seal of Justice and back to Truth for a short snare is rarely worthwhile.

The loss of magic dispell has hurt retribution in viable comps.

Class support and damage dealing, versatility in role choices via respecs.

Having to constantly worry about having Avenging Wrath purged which is our main damage ability and it's one of the most visual and easy to recognize abilities to remove.

It feels very cumbersome trying to maintain Inquisition while using a combat system and having mana at the same time.

Paladins have had a lot of tweaks since vanilla. I personally liked the Wotlk model where you provided solid support roles and damage, but since we're here now I'd like to see Seal of Justice reworked to provide a reason to use it more often.

Ability to control Guardian of Ancient Kings.

Better sustained damage outside of cooldowns. Less reliance of wings+HoW. Having played other classes such as feral druids it's amazing how many different cds some classes have while having exceptional damage and undispellable survival abilities. A feral druid for example can stealth, restealth, have multiple stuns, cyclone, roots, charge for movement, hibernate, and can shift to bear form for additional cooldowns. Not doing a class vs. class discussion, but it's hard not to look at the class as a example of the toolkit it and others have.

Removal of Divine Shield and replacement with a damage reduction ability. I feel our class has always been designed around the fact that we can "bubble" when in a pvp environment it's duration is excessively short and usually mass dispelled very quickly.

Holy Wrath and Concentration are low on the list.
85 Human Paladin
Hello, I have been playing since Vanilla and have been a Ret paladin since the start of BC. (yes, since before ret was considered a real spec) So I hope this will qualify me to give you the good and constructive feedback you are looking for.

What type of content do you focus on?
90%PVE, 10%PVP

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Mostly raids, and minimal heroics.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
World pvp is my favorite, but after that its BGs, Arena, RBGs in that order.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Keeping up inquisition is a really big turn off to the class. Makes it feel even more like I'm just a rogue trying to keep up rupture or slice and dice. Also, holy power generation feels too slow.

I love using a two hander. (please never give us dual wield or titans grip! lol also, the bigger the two hander the better!) I really enjoy all of the utility tools that we have. I love having the wings when I pop AW!

Having to keep up Inquisition.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Ultimately I like it. It leaves a lot of situational decisions to make in split second circumstances. I feel that this helps keep the rotation fun and separates the good rets from the new alts that do not want to take the time to really learn their new class. (though faster crusader strike would make things feel a little more smooth)

I would like to see inquisition removed or changed to be something less annoying. (I never really liked the appearance of the Divine Guardian "pet" either. Make it less fat and bulky.. maybe even female and angelic)

Any heals because they cost way too much mana. Hand of Sacrifice and Seal of Justice.

Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to provide feedback and offer our own suggestions. I have been very happy with the way you all handle our concerns and this is just icing on the cake. I really do appreciate this opportunity to voice my opinion on my class.
85 Troll Rogue
Both, as a Retribution Paladin

Raids, Heroic Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP?
Arenas, RBGs

As one of the only two classes that can meaningfully fulfill all 3(tanking, healing, dpsing) roles, it is often inconvenient to try to get by with only two talent choices with an attached glyph selections.

Being able to roll on everything as an OS!! (j/k)

On a more serious note, Ret paladins are required to have a much too long 'ramp-up' time before they can start dishing out any meaningful damage especially in PvP environments where such time often does not exist. EX) it takes forever to get 3 Holy Powers against any non-melee classes in game.
It makes playing a ret spec very frustrating knowing other classes often do not suffer from this kind of disadvantages.

I'd like to see Ret paladins' rotations bring less hindered by their mana pool especially when there are only so many non-proc-dependent abilities you regularly use as part of the rotation. Consecration and Holy Wrath takes too much mana to cast, often leaving paladins to be unable to use them and forcing them to do nothing until the next Crusader Strike is up. It's very boring and hurts our overall performance as a dps when you are forced to just stand there and do nothing but normal weapon swings.

1. Shorten our ramp-up time(time it takes to get the first 3 HPs to pop Inquisition then get another 3 to push our first TV) It maybe fine in PvE situations but NOT in PVP.
2.Reevaluate some of our abilities and their mana costs from Ret paladins' perspectives; Consecration and Holy Wrath especially.
3. Introduce some new buttons to push as part of our regular rotation and move us away from such proc-dependent cycles.

Word of Glory and Selfless Healer talent is a joke.
Edited by Kulitz on 9/12/2011 11:14 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I play Ret, and Prot when needed. My focus is mostly PvE, with some RBG's for fun.

Raiding, semi hardcore currently 5/7 heroic in FL.

RBG's for fun with the occasional Arena matchs to cap points.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Proc dependent dps, and having my wings dispelled or spellstolen makes me want to kick a puppy.

At first I hated Inqusition, but I've grown to love it as it adds another layer to the class. I love the utility I bring via Lay on Hands and Hand of Protection. Getting off a clutch LoH on the tank when they are about to fall over is extremely sastifying, I know I just saved the attempt, temporarily at least, all by myself. The main reason I enjoy the class is because I can play all three roles with one character.

In raids dps feels extremely random based on how many Art of War and Divine Purpose procs I get. Sometimes AoW and DP proc like crazy and damage is insane, other times I wonder if I someone hacked my toon and removed those talents.

I also dislike the fact that our "intended dps" is based on keeping a 5 stack of Censure on a target. On patchwerk fights this isn't a problem, but most encounters require a lot of target switching. I actually prefer these type of encounters because they are more interesting, but our dps suffers accordingly. I know you guys made Censure stack faster, but it's not enough. For example in Firelands Ret is fine on Domo and Baleroc because we can keep our stack up the entire fight. Every other encounter requires target switching which causes our stack to fall off and/or we have to dps adds that die before we even reach a 5 stack.

In RBG's I feel like I'm a two minute wonder with wings and the fact that it can be dispelled, or worse spellstolen, is extremely frustrating.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
The rotation itself is fine, but our overall dps is based around cooldowns and procs which makes us have extreme burst potential if we get lucky. However if we get unlucky with procs and our wings are dispelled then the class feels underpowered. From a developer standpoint this seems like a nightmare. You can't increase the power of anything because if you do then we have the potential, based solely on luck, to do even more burst in PvP.

Less burst and more consistant dps, I hate feeling that PvP burst is ruining my PvE dps. Judgement hitting harder would be nice. I hate having to stack Censure 5 times to do my "intended dps". Maybe have it stack to 3 but give the same effect?

Also bring back Divine Intervention!! I was extremely disappointed when you removed it.

Judgement > Holy Wrath > Consecration. All of these skills deal very little damage are are only used when there's no other option available.
Edited by Kinmaul on 9/12/2011 11:19 AM PDT

I focus on PvP.

Not applicable.

Primarily I play BGs (and even though it's not listed, World PvP). I play arenas as well but they're just a necessary evil to get conquest points given the limitations of my guild and server.

As a Retribution Paladin, a snare. As a pvp'er it is almost essential for me to have some way to keep enemies in range even after I've closed the distance. The speed boost from judgement helps close the gap but it doesn't help me keep on top of my targets once there. This is especially noticeable when trying to close the distance on ranged enemies when all of them have a snare of their own.

As a Holy Paladin, there isn't much in the way of small qol changes that I can think of.

As a Retribution Paladin, the utility. I like being able to toss a hand of freedom, hand of protection, or the odd word of glory to teammates to keep them going.

As a Holy Paladin, pulling someone back from the brink. Especially with Lay on Hands. There have been several situations where I've saved someone from 3-4k health and pulled them back to full.

As a Retribution Paladin, being kited and knowing there is virtually nothing I can do to stop it if my target knows what they're doing.

As a Holy Paladin, CC and lack of pre-emptive healing. If I slip up for one second and catch a polymorph to the face, I can pretty much garauntee there will be another 2-3 CC's following that and there's nothing I can do.

As a Retribution Paladin, things are looking a lot better than when I started playing. I started during BC which is when things were just starting to look up for ret paladins. I only have a brief leveling experience to give me a taste of what vanilla wow paladin was like. I ahve a lot more options now than I used to and I like having some variety to my attacks.

As a Holy Paladin, things are looking pretty good there too. I've got tools for pretty much every situation. The only option I don't have available to me is a spammable AoE heal. If multiple targets are taking sustained damage, I don't even have the option to heal them all.

As a Retribution Paladin, I'm looking for a snare. I need some way to keep enemies within melee range as I mentioned above. Having Avenging Wrath at least un-spell steal-able would be nice. It's annoying knowing that a shaman purged my wings but it's incredibly frustrating knowing I can't even use my wings lest I give a mage a 20% damage increase if he knows what he's doing.

As a Holy Paladin, I'm looking for Pre-emptive Healing and a spammable AoE Heal. Without either of this it locks out two of the most common situations I find in PvP. Either I'm being chain-cc'ed or multiple targets are taking damage and there's not a whole lot I can do in either situation.

As a Paladin in general, Bubble Hearth. :)

As a Retribution Paladin, I'm pretty eclectic in my selection of abilities. The ones I really don't use are my healing spells other than Word of Glory. There simply isn't time for me to stop and try casting for pitiful heals.

As a Holy Paladin, I don't use Light of Dawn which seems ridiculous considering it's our 31 point talent. The limited number of situations it's useful in just simply doesn't justify the talent point. I also don't use Inquisition which also seems odd since it was one of the new abilities added for us this expansion. Also, rebuke. Melee range doesn't work when I'm trying to keep my distance from enemies.
Edited by Jerald on 9/12/2011 11:23 AM PDT
85 Draenei Paladin

PvE Ret.

ALL

BG's

Higher run speed on Pursuit of Justice. The encounter design heavy favors ranged. Higher run speed would help alot.

The "feel" of the Holy warrior. Realy like the Divine storm Seal of righteousness synergy when aoe'n

I started playing wow before BC as a pally and i quit playing him in cata cause of the very very Clunky Ret "Priority" its not a rotation the only thing that is close to a rotation is waiting on CS to come off CD and use 3 holy power.

As said above i absolutely detest the Ret so called Rotation sorry but that how i feel about it.
a little shorter Crusader strike Cooldown would help loads or to have the haste talent actually have a noticeable effect. Dont get me wrong in how this sounds but wasn't haste suppose to increase our resource regen.

OMG please less proc's for Ret. please. I actualy like the 3 holy power effect proc. Do not like the Exocsim proc.

The ideal "feel" of Ret a real rotation for once.
attacks that work together. Love haste talent with judgement. Something other than CSx3 Templar's verdict mixed with "FILLER". even'd out damage on attacks so they don't feel like useless Filler.

Love holy wrath its my fav spell hands down just wish it didn't feel so lack luster. Fix'd holy wrath so it hits within reason hard single target and cap'd its damage calc at 5-10 targets but will still hit more targets if within range "meteor effect" and a talent'd Ret or something to lower its cooldown.
In the end holy wrath re-design so it feel not so lack Luster and be the single target and Aoe attack CS>holy wrath >TV >others spells as needed Divine storm >holy wrath > Aoe finisher. Though a Aoe finisher is not 100% needed maybe increase holy wrath damage with more holy power pts but not consume them or the more holy power you have less of a CD it has So we could potentially have Divine storm and 3-6s CD holy wrath And not scale like TV's does with holy power.

Hand of sacrifice
Edited by Anseis on 9/12/2011 11:24 AM PDT
85 Human Paladin
-I would say I'm two thirds pve and one third pvp.

-I raid more often then not.

-I will do arenas for the sole purpse of gearing for battlegrounds (Rated or otherwise). I word it like that because I love battlegrounds, but hate doing arenas.

-I am very happy with the system of holy power at the moment. I think it gives Prot some dynamics that it didn't have before. I'm also happy with the way tanking cooldowns work right now. I like having a good amount and keeping track of when to use them at proper times.

-I enjoy my versatility. I'm also very happy with prot pally's ability to control situations in fights. Specifically our 2 taunts I feel have a better function to them then other tanking classes.

-One feature that has annoyed me with the Ret gameplay is Inquisition. I find it very frustrating to keep it in the rotation and using holy power to keep it up. Its a buff that should be built in to paladins base attack power. An then it will hurt us in pvp since you need every second of your time devoted to attacking or defending. I feel a buff should be before the fight starts and should last for at least when you finish a fight.
I feel another part of Ret in pvp that makes things less fun is our inability to intercept enemies. We have a small boost in speed when we judge, and freedom will get us out of some stops. But even combined they are extremely ineffective compared to other melee classes abilities. Most of the time as ret or prot I am left in the dust to either be kited or I cant catch up to finish targets off.

-Prot rotation I think feels very smooth. I can get unload threat quickly and still have enough space in my rotation to adapt to situations.
Ret I'm not as happy with. A large part of that is what I said before about Inquisition causing a break up. And if it is ever forgotten it is a complete destruction of my dps. One thing I always liked when it was changed in the prot tree was when Avenger's Shield proced, it produced holy power when used. I would very much like to see that copied in the Ret tree when using Exorcism. Currently the only extra way of getting holy power is an extremely small random chance when using random abilities. I think it would be alot smoother if it was the same method as prot.

-A little while back there was some mention of tanks in general getting more defensive abilities put into their rotation. Similar to the way Holy Shield used to be back in Burning Crusade. I very much like this idea. I could see my rotation being something using an attack like Crusader Strike, then always followed with a defend like Holy Shield on a 3-6 sec cooldown. I would go as far as saying that I wouldn't be able to block at all unless said defensive ability was being used. Rather then just giving a boost to block.
I would also like to see Divine Intervention returned to us. I was a very usefull move for raid. And combined with the guild perk of mass rez it just seems needed more then ever. I never understood the reason for deleting it.

-I think Turn Evil is never used. Our specialization against undead has been pretty much killed. So this spell might as well be killed with the rest of it.
In pvp I think Seal of Justice is not buffed enough to use. Right now simply making an enemy speed equal is not worth the tremendous loss in dps. Mabe if the seal did a stronger slow it might be. Otherwise it goes unused in favor of Seal of Right or Truth.
Edited by Arvo on 9/12/2011 11:26 AM PDT
85 Human Paladin
I dont like judging when healing. judgments of the pure could jyust be a static haste buff and then we could get rid of the hit talent. it made sense when judgements did things like jow and jol
90 Human Paladin
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics. Haven't raided in Cata as ret though I did in WotLK

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arenas and BGs. Nothing serious for that though.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Inquisition maintenance as someone stated before. Also holy power.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

The lore. Also how we use to formally have our self-heals as Ret in WotLK.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

The state of our self-healing now that warriors seem to heal more then us. Also how much we rely on Holy power which is chunky and too long of a ramp-up. Also how everything besides out seal can be easily removed in the start of a match. Wings included.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Extreme dislike in Cata. The removal of DS, one of our iconic skills, makes us very boring in combat. Crusader strike has no real visual effect so it is kind of dull when we attack. The Inquisition look out also reminds me of Vanilla where I had to refresh my seals. I dislike it.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Librams showing. Maybe new judgement recolors like a few vendors have. As far as ability wise I miss Seal of the Martyr/Blood and would like to see it return in some spirit back into the game.

# What spells do you use the least?

Usually most tanking ones for a paladin. I both PvE and PvP as ret.
90 Blood Elf Paladin

PvE with some PvP

Raids

Arenas and BGs but mainly BGs if I PvP at all these days.

Micro-managing Hunger for Blood. Oops meant to say Inquisition.
No reliable way to get holy power outside of Crusader Strike.
Multiple seals with durations and globals.
Pursuit of Justice actually Stacking with Long Arm of the Lawl.
Something useful or even remotely more fun in a minor glyph outside of recudes mana cost X amount.

The ability to survive in situations others would die because I have some useful self-healing on an extremely long cooldown and useful defensive cooldowns. In a raid situation having to worry less about one person in a 10 person raid eases the burden on healers.

The entire holy power system in general. Having to micro-mange Hunger For Blood. Darn did it again...meant to say Inquisition. The only way to do competitive damage is through a paired 2 min cooldown. Crusader Strike being on a 4.5 second cooldown for the spec. Talents that would rather see us heal. Inability to remove magic debuffs.

It's been repeated hundreds of times, Holy Wrath needs to be eliminated if it's going to remain in its current functionallity. It is terrible damage and is nothing more than a Divine Purpose proc. The micro-management of Hunger for Blood...Wow third time I've said it....hmmm....sorry Inquistion needs a longer duration or should require only a Single Holy Power to acheive max duration. Judgement needs its damage up'ed or leave it as it is and have it generate Holy Power.

There should be another way to generate Holy Power outside of crusader strike and, god forbid, you design more fights where its at least partially necessary to stand in front of the boss to get parried. Divine Storm should be added into Zealotry to generate 3 holy power if Zealotry is active. The Holy Power system removed and a cooldown put on Templar's Verdict instead. Holy Wrath removed from the rotation. Inquistion becoming a perminent self buff such as Righteous Fury. Having a real gap closer would be nice, not that garbage Long arm of the Lawl you pushed on us.

Seal of Justice. Consecration, alebeit occasionally during a fight if I have nothing else to push.
Edited by Naritan on 9/12/2011 11:19 AM PDT
78 Human Paladin
My main concern with the class is that as a melle class it feels like we are missing melee moves we only have 2 Templars verdict and crusader strike would love to see an extra strike put in our rotation to give us something to use on our cooldown time I want to feel more like a melee class as retribution but a good would we would use not some useless ability
100 Blood Elf Paladin
 What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVP (would like to PVE more)
 If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
I don’t enjoy healing due to grief so I will dps in Heroics, but again the stress of rude people in Raids makes me not want to do them.
 If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BG, Arena (would do rated if it wasn’t so darn hard to get into a group or find a group)

 What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Holy – questing in Holy takes fooooooooorever, no dps abilities
(biggest one) Having the option to third spec (as a hybrid then I wouldn’t have to search for a tank but if I went tank/holy then dailies would take forever.
 What makes playing your class more fun?
That I can help any compilation due to the hybrid nature. It’s hard though as I can only focus on two specs at a time so I haven’t been able to work on my tanking spec (which are in high demand for PVE)
 What makes playing your class less fun?
PVP – Holy being CC’d to death
PVE – Ret rotation is missing a step, long cool downs between abilities, burst is really high but there needs to be a filler
 How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Ret, lacking strongly in the middle abilities, a filler required between cooldowns.
 What’s on your wish list for your class?
A third spec, and a filler ability. No requirement for a buff ability just an ability to use in between the GCD’s
 What spells do you use the least?
Rebuke…….seriously melee range???
Edited by Evercrest on 9/14/2011 8:49 AM PDT
85 Dwarf Paladin
This is for Holy.

PvE exclusively

Heroic raids

The Hand spells being 30 yard range spells vs. healing spells being 40 yards. It's beyond frustrating to try and cast a Hand on someone in your raid that your raid frames show as being in range and have the cast fail because they're between 30 and 40 yards. Not far enough to be shown out of range from healing spells so that they aren't faded out with proximity settings most raid frames use, but too far away to actually cast a Hand on. Then you have to look at the minimap or try to find their targeting circle, then you have to move around, then you usually have to get back into your original position. It's sucked for 6½ years, it sucks now and it'll keep sucking until Hand spells are buffed to have 40 yard range for Holy.

Another concern is with Auras being on the GCD: it's annoying to spend about 2½ seconds to swap auras back and forth to use Aura Mastery over a period of less than 10 seconds.

Having to manage my mana pool (and to a lesser extent, Holy Power). Knowing that if I screw up and use the wrong spells, I won't be able to last for the entire duration of the fight. This enforces intelligent play, good decision making, understanding of the encounter I'm doing, encourages healers to play as a team in order to minimize crosshealing/overhealing and to maximize throughput.

Having encounters that require me to play intelligently and thus make good decision as part of an intricate strategy.
Having the necessary tools to handle different situations makes me feel like I'm able to do my part in a raid.

The fact that managing my mana pool is trivialized by the amount of mana I have. That even if I'm exceptionally reckless in my spell usage and end up OOM 1 minute into the fight, I know that I can be at full mana again in about 30 seconds. It makes the spell selection mini-game introduced by the big-medium-fast heals (DL, HL and FoL) largely irrelevant because unless I play like a completely newbie who's never stepped into an instance, the encounter will hold my hand and tell me what spell to use: are people taking more damage than the AoE healing spells and the medium heal can handle? If yes and it puts people at risk of dying, use the big heal, if not keep using the medium heal.

Tank gibs. They happen whenever a tank doesn't have a cooldown up, when it's a blood DK tanking or when a block tank doesn't block multiple times in a row. There was a "healer throughput:tank health:boss damage" ratio back in WotLK that gibbed tanks on every other encounter. Cata changed the ratio so that the tank health:boss damage ratio is lower, but the healer throughput in Cata is so much lower compared to WotLK resulting in tanks dying before healers can react. And there's nothing more aggravating in WoW (save perhaps S1-2-3 arena PvP, dispel and interrupt resistance, oh! how I loathe thee) than having to restart a raid encounter because the tank died while 2 healers were assigned to him because the boss swung 3 times and killed the tank even though the 2 healers were chaining big heals on the tank.
Edited by Zaroua on 9/12/2011 11:19 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]