Class Feedback – Priest

(Locked)

Community Manager
We’re looking for feedback on your class as we work on changes and adjustments for a future game update. While we may be making some specific class changes in 4.3, what we’re looking for in this thread is overall feeling on the class as a whole for more long term changes in the future.

Here is the kind of feedback that is NOT helpful in this particular thread:

• Concerns that your current damage, healing or tanking is not competitive. While this kind of feedback is often useful, it also is the kind of thing that can change from patch to patch, and so it isn’t as useful for long term vision changes.

• Concerns that your feedback is being ignored or that we don’t take these kind of posts seriously, or otherwise posting anything that is off-topic or not in the spirit of this thread’s intent.

• Requests for responses to your suggestions or feedback. The purpose of this thread is to get information to us, not the reverse.

We hope you take these threads seriously, as we’re going to be reading them very carefully. We ask that you take time to think and formulate a useful and objective reply, as this feedback could be used to alter your class in substantial ways.

We won’t be replying here addressing your concerns. This is purely for us to read your answers to the below questions.

Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• What spells do you use the least?
40 Troll Hunter
What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics/Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Wands feel completely useless other then stats. Either remove wands and put something else there or make wands worthwhile.

What makes playing your class more fun? 2 different healing specs

What makes playing your class less fun? Getting buffs to make Disc fun and then have them nerfed to be worthless again. Disc is the most fun spec to heal with but feels it is nerfed more then buffed. Nerfing this spec when it is not wanted in raid already does not feel right.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Rotation for holy and Shadow seem fine to me. Disc does not feel it has a rotation.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Actually make wands useful and make Disc competitive.

What spells do you use the least? Mind Soothe....not even on my toolbar.
85 Gnome Priest
This is my opinion from a Disc Healing Perspective.

■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroic Raids(10M) and Heroics(ZA/ZG)

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
PvP(Battlegrounds)

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Lack of spec "Completeness" with disc in direct comparison to holy.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
Leap of faith, Penance, Prayer of Mending.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Lackluster raid cooldowns(Nerfed Barrier). Rediculously long cooldown on Divine Hymn in direct comparison to Tranquility, Spirit Link Totem, and Aura mastery, all of which are more effective from a HPS and Utility standpoint. I guess this qualifys as making my class less fun too, PVP Gear having item level(Ruins the random queues and pugs, get rid of it on pvp gear please)!

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Our rotation as disc is great, no complaints with using heal>penance/pom on CD, g-heals during large damage, flash for emergencies, it all makes sense.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Reducing the cooldown on Divine Hymn for healing priests from 8 minutes to 3, similar to what resto druids have. Making renew worth casting for disc priests. Body and soul for Disc.
Making Escape Artist break fear like the human racial!

■What spells do you use the least?
Renew, Flash Heal, Escape artist.

Thanks for reading, I hope you guys pay attention to these posts!
Edited by Sylveriemoon on 9/12/2011 9:32 AM PDT
90 Worgen Priest
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

- PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

- Heroics and Raid

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

- Finding the correct balance of stats. Right now the options of Haste, Crit, and Mastery for Discipline priests seems a bit unclear. I want to make sure my spec doesn't feel like 'Holy Priest with Shields'

What makes playing your class more fun?

- I love Smite with Atonement. I think it's a unique and effective way of making the Disc talent tree stand apart from Holy.

What makes playing your class less fun?

- Certain situations (raid-wide damage) sometimes make me feel like my class has a much harder time of effectively handling the situation.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

- It's a little hum-drum to be honest. As AA/A I use Holy Fire and Smite quite often. Other than that it's really just PW:S for Rapture and damage mitigation and then Greater Heal. Considering the number of spells available to a Priest I wish the others were more available to me, but mana costs make me pretty hesitant to rely on them excepting the most dire of situations. I throw Penance out whenever it's on cooldown but it seems like it's output isn't quite up to snuff either.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

- I really wish Blizzard would re-think our Mastery a bit. I love that PW:Shield is our Mastery's focus, but PW:S is no longer the focus of the Discipline Tree (at least not to the degree it once was) so it seems like our Mastery benefits a spell that is 'secondary' rather than primary.

What spells do you use the least?

- Flash Heal, Renew, and Heal. Flash Heal because of the mana issue (though SoL lets me access it more often). Renew because the mana vs. healing doesn't really make it effective to re-cast over and over, and Heal because it just doesn't keep pace with damage taken at this juncture.
Edited by Isuridedes on 9/12/2011 9:32 AM PDT
100 Gnome Priest
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

• PvE, and a little bit of PvP now and then. Used to PvP a good bit back in 3.2/3.3, but I haven't PvP'd all that much since cata release. Only a few arenas and some RBGs.

• Heroic Raiding.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Nothing really to complain about here.

• Being the "jack-of-all-trades" healer. :)

• Being semi-forced to be Disc for most Heroic encounters solely for barrier/PS/PI.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Feels fine to me. No more bubble/renew spam makes me a happy priest.

• A better raid cooldown for Holy. Either that or a reduced Divine Hymn CD / increased Divine Hymn throughput, at least for Holy. That is, if the current encounter design of highly favoring raid cooldowns in Firelands continues into Deathwing Raid.

• [/ul]

Heal. Barely ever use it at all, in Heroic raids. It's supposed to be the "go-to" heal, but it just feels too weak for most damage, by the time you get to Heroic level raids. Greater Heal tends to be my "go-to" heal nowadays, with a much higher mana pool to support using it more often. As Holy however, Renew/CoH/PoM tend to be my "go-to" heals, with Greater/Flash for single target.

Also, Holy Nova is largely useless for PvE. High mana cost for how little it heals, and it's highly outperformed by PoH and CoH. It just feels like a quirky spell that only has a couple uses in PvP, like finding stealthed rogues/druids.
    Edited by Vook on 9/12/2011 10:51 AM PDT
    90 Human Priest
    PvE

Heroics/Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

As shadow it is the shadow orb proc..it would be nice to have an on-use ability to proc a 3 stack of orbs..this would also give us a cd for burst MB damage

For healing Divine Hymn..the CD is way too long for the low output. Either more throughput or lower CD seems to be an easy fix. Serenity chakra also with holy word doesn't seem to really apply the correct crit chance to spells.

Having the ability to save a player from life or death as a healer with such a versatile NON-simple tool set. I think part of the allure of priests is that they are not overpowered in one area but yet very able in all areas of healing. Prayer of Mending is a signature spell that is awesome.

What makes playing your class less fun? Low mobility as shadow.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Shadow..it is great..not simple..but not too rng based.
    What’s on your wish list for your class? Let us make holy healthstones batman and call them life essence stones

For discipline with atonement..I would like to see us be able to put a buff on a target for atonement. So that any damage we deal with smite/holy fire is transferred directly to that target. It would be similar to a beacon but function based on our focus. This way I could effectively atonement heal melee and transfer some direct healing to the tank..or focus a range dps or myself and when I smite I would heal the focus target for a % of the damage done. Another option would be to have a self buff that when you atonement heal it would transfer to the raid. Say I atonement heal for 20k 10% would go to the lowest 5 targets so a 2k heal aoe..making this an on-use ability could be powerful..coupled with the holy focus to increase healing on that target per say.

What spells do you use the least? Mind vision/mind soothe
    Edited by Arrelliana on 9/12/2011 9:45 AM PDT
    85 Troll Priest
    Im a disc priest with a forced off spec shadow(was holy but...)
    here are my answers

# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PvE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Heroics/Raids

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    -

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    -

# What makes playing your class more fun?
    (im usually Disc priest, but sometimes im shadow)
    The big toolbox and Synergy between spells
    I have always something to use in raids
    Spell animations <3

# What makes playing your class less fun?
    -

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Fine

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
    More animation in spells.
    More synergy between spells in the holy spec that is nearly 0
    More options in damage to heal for disc priest
    Make holy nova a good option for stack phases for disc
    The awesome Holy Word: Aspire back QQ maybe for disc? =P

# What spells do you use the least?
    Heal - When i use Heal someone die. <strong/>
    Edited by Canoe on 9/12/2011 10:38 AM PDT
    90 Undead Priest
      I focus primarily on PvE content.

I wish to participate in more raids, but due to the unbalanced nature of getting into the aforementioned raids without investing an exorbitant amount of hours into the game to get into a raiding guild or finding a successful PUG, I rarely get to raid. Thus, my focus has, unfortunately and disappointingly, been on heroics.

N/A

Requiring multiple addons to track my procs or self-buffs can be somewhat frustrating. While I was not a fan of the 5/5 Shadowweaving method, the simplicity of it in relation to the current Empowered Shadows model makes it seem somewhat better. It could just be nostalgia, but I preferred the simple ramp-up versus trying to track multiple buffs in order to be competitive.

Vampiric Embrace. Seriously. I miss having Improved VE wherein my healing through DPS mattered and actually helped the group to push past some difficult bosses. Also: I chose a priest as my main way back in the day because of its ability to switch from dps to backup-healer in an instant (but more on this in a second).

To be honest, the difficulty in getting other classes to see spriests as competitive DPSers with a full set of abilities to bring to the table can be a bit frustrating. When I'm having to explain why having an spriest instead of a second mage is a good idea in a 10m raid, something isn't right. How to change this, I have no clue, but whatever can be done would be most appreciated.

I enjoy it. Though the old days of skipping MB were fun, I am enjoying having to use all of my abilities at the right time in order to top meters (or at least be competitive). That being said, having to seriously bend the rotation in order to account for Shadow Orbs that REFUSE to proc (I've gone quite a while during fights with no orbs procced followed by 3 in quick succession just when I didn't need them or when the fight was over) can be a bit frustrating. Instead of having a % chance to proc on every ability, I feel like this ability should have a baseline % that it starts at at the beginning of the fight which gets higher as the fight goes on. So, for instance:
      Fight begins with the % chance being at 25, which after a few seconds in, if no orbs have procced, the % goes up to 40. Once the orb procs, the % chance goes back to 25 and things cycle. If there is no proc after so many seconds, then the % chance goes up to 60, and so on and so forth. This way priests don't have to wait more than a few seconds before getting a guaranteed proc on orbs. Just a thought. :)

FLYING SHADOWFORM. (Only half kidding. :P )
      Realisitically, I'd like to see spriests' healing abilities returned to them. While I agree that they should not be as potent as a specced healer, they should at least be VIABLE to throw out some heals if a healer dies or whatever without instantly going OOM or barely doing any healing. While WotLK's healing from spriests might have been a bit high, having that as an option was very nice. I hardly touch my healing spells anymore if a healer dies since it's more helpful to just kill whatever it is I'm in combat with instead of supporting the group...and let's face it, if the healer is dead on a boss fight, the group is probably screwed anyways.

Mind Control, Shackle, and my dispells. The current system makes it too difficult for me to use any of them, and frankly, the only ones I want back are my dispells. I enjoyed throwing out a Dispel Magic on the tank here and there as dps. Now the only way to do it is a mana intensive Mass Dispel which rarely hits the one you want anyways. You guys ALREADY made it so that casting a dispel will ALWAYS use mana, so why change it again so that I cannot throw out a dispel onto a friendly player using my mana-efficient actually helpful dispel?

Just my two cents. Oh, and if you feel so inclined, I wouldn't mind an aura form of levitate. You know, like path of frost. It would make certain areas so much more fun to jump off of with a friend. :D
    Edited by Vanaheim on 9/12/2011 9:36 AM PDT
    90 Undead Priest
    Saved while I respond.

PvE.

I have not PvP'd seriously since S6/7 and have not enjoyed it since S3. The game just feels to twitch reaction now.

On my Priest, I focus on 25man raids, Normals and Heroics.

When I did PvP, it was small team arena (2v2)

My biggest Quality of life concern is lack of specs. As a Healing Priest I am expected to have two PvE specs. However solo/quest PvE content is horribly bad as a healer and so I prefer to have my alternate spec be shadow. If I were to PvP again, this problem would be compounded by wanting a PvP spec on top of my PvE spec.

This is not an issue of cost but of convenience. I would pay 10's of thousands of gold to be able to have a 3rd spec, just so I wouldn't have to spend the time/thought to respec during a raid.

As a healer I enjoy feeling like I have the power to save lives when bad things happen. I like knowing that I can single-handedly save the raid/players when mistakes are made (This is a feeling I have not had since WotLK). I also enjoy going back to older content and feeling the difference in gear/relative power (IE, going into ULD while in ICC gear and crushing it. Again as a healer I have not felt this since WotLK).

The feeling that I do not matter in raids.
    The best example of this is exemplified via Cata raid mechanics. Cata raids have expected and predictable raid damage and anything outside that is unhealable. To be able to heal fights, it is expected that the dps/tanks execute mechanics properly or the damage will become unhealable.

In WotLK, if a mistake was made during the raid by a DPS or tank, I could also spend more mana and heal said mistake.

Take for example Heroic Shannox. It is a fairly simple fight. However if DPS/Tanks do not reset the dogs frenzy and the Jagged Tear, then the fight quickly becomes unhealable. Sure you can use cooldowns to help a tank survive a couple of seconds, but if you miss more than 1 reset in a row, the fight is pretty much over as healing output simply does not have the ability to fix these mistakes.

Another example would be Heroic Maloriak.
    Black Phase: If a player stands in goo for more than ~2 sec, they will die. Ticking damage every 0.5 seconds is unhealable. If the MT doesn't back away from Maloriak just before he finishes casting his black spew, then he risks getting melee'd and 1 shot.
    Other Phases: 1 Tick of storm + Any ability = a death (back when storm had a <1sec interrupt time, this was very challenging).
    Red Phase, if a add tank kited an add too near the boss during a breath, the raid wipes. If the add tank get hit, this will draw healers off of the raid and likely cause a wipe.
    Final Phase. Getting hit by an orb is a 1 shot when the poison is out.

To me all these unhealable mechanics ruin the game play as a healer. I want to be able to expend more mana and keep the raid alive through mistakes... now that ability simply doesn't exist any more. To me I am there to heal x amount of raid/tank damage per second. It is always predictable and never fun.

Disc Single target healing is wonderful. I love it.
    Disc AoE is boring and feels ineffective expect for on fights with consistent AoE pulses. PoH spam is uninteresting.

Holy healing is a mess. Every mechanic about chakra is unfun. The entire system seems incredibly punishing.

A better way to AoE heal as Disc. PW:S spam was more interesting that PoH spam. PoH spam feels slow an ineffective.

Make Smite heals more effective (IE, give them a more meaningful range. Not being able to use them on fights like Ragnaros is unfun). Also, make them heal crit for 200%

A reset on the CD of Divine Hymn after a wipe.

Making Holy fun again (fix Chakra). Giving Holy raid CDs.

Life grip on a shorter cooldown so that using it can be more of a twitch reaction rather than a planned out effect.

I never use Holy Nova except to AoE Adds.
    I've never used heal this entire expansion.
    I never use flash heal (it heals for too little and costs too much).
    I never use Holy Word: Sanctuary. It does too little, has too long of a CD and costs too much.
    Edited by Poena on 9/12/2011 10:27 AM PDT
    90 Undead Priest

PvP - Disc Priest.

Arena and the occasional BG for funsies

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Changing Inner Fire to Inner Will and back requiring a global.
    Similar thing with Shadow Word: Death. It's sometimes impossible to squeeze in between the normal global usage to break the next sheep etc..
    Grace falling OFF despite there being time left on the actual buff while casting a heal. I.e the discrepency between the heal landing and the time it takes the buff to update.

The wide range of actions I can perform in a given PvP setting.
    There are ALWAYS choices of what to do, be it dispel, heal, fear an opponent, dps, or get out of LoS - while always analyzing the situation to pick the best choice.
    Shield surppresing snares, great implementation! :D

Dk's xD.. Seriously though. The power of melee cleaves is very considerable
    The Grace Buff mechanic. With a cast-time increasing debuff on yourself and a melee chopping away, it is very difficult to get enough heals through to a) survive and/or b) keep the grace buff going, which is essential to our output.
    Here the wide range of decisions makes them very delicate, as it is suprisingly hard to keep oneself alive against a good melee.
    I find casters a lot easier in this respect with double dispells on friendly targets.

In this scenario (cast time increase) penance is almost completely useless

As PvP is reaction-based rather than set in stone in terms of rotation, I will comment on the toolkit.
    Mark A+ in my opinion, the variety of choices is great!

A re-work of either penance or the cast-time increasing abilities would be great in the future
    A fix for the Grace buff stacking, maybe longer Grace duration.
    Improved Manareg cooldowns especially in pvp. The Shadowfiend get's snared, feared stunned etc... Hymn of Hope can almost never be used due to the horrendously long cast time.
    Fade having a general movement increasing usage. (I.e the Shadowpriest model)

Cure Disease
    Fade
    Shackle Undead
    Prayer of Healing

Done, looking forward to the results ;D

Cheers,

V
    Edited by Vendara on 9/12/2011 9:37 AM PDT
    85 Worgen Priest

• PVE exclusively

• 25man heroic raid bosses

• n/a

• 8minute cooldown hymns are a serious annoyance, especially when you're slamming out proggression attempts. It makes it more difficult to figure out where/when to use your cd's when you may only be able to hymn once every 2-3 pulls.

Additionally, hymn of hope potentially not working on the casting priest is also kind of lame. If you want to benefit from your own hymn, you more or less have to run yourself dry before you use it, which isn't exactly ideal for an 8 second channel. A lot of the time, when you've got completely oom you're in the middle of a serious healing phase. If hymn of hope were guaranteed to always hit the casting priest, you could instead use it during phases of light healing to top off your mana prior to the aforementioned intensive healing phases.

• Short cooldown based healing is neat. Also, weaving in holyfire/smites to stack up archangel is really fun/challenging gameplay.

• The hymn stuff I outlined in the QOL section for one. Holy being by far the worst tank healer is pretty lame too.

• I cited the pve healing "rotation" as being a fun part of the class.

• *Atonement working on large hitboxes
    *Atonement crit healing for double ---what ever happened to this? The heal part crit for 2.0x on the 4.2 PTR but never made it to live:(
    *Holy being able to heal a tank
    *Hymns having 5m or lower cooldowns
    *Grace proccing off of binding heal
    With the exception of the holy tank healing viability thing, all of the above are mostly QOL/minor throughput buffs.

• [/ul]

Holy Nova
    Heal
    Renew
    Edited by Aardvarks on 9/12/2011 9:58 AM PDT
    90 Goblin Priest
    ■ What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE/PVP - Shadow

■ If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raid's/Heroic's

■ If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arena's/BG'S - Shadow

■ What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Overall: Remake shadowform so we can see our nice armor rather then being dark purple.

PVE: Wand's Are useless, I would like to see something else in place of wands.

Shadow mastery(Shadow Orbs) Make it less RNG to get your first one. Sometimes its instant, sometimes its 40sec's into the fight.

Hymn's are on to long of a CD.

PVP: Escapes - I love dispersion great mechanic but I would like something else to gain some space from melee. Nothing game breaking but something like a blink or warlock portal

■ What makes playing your class more fun?

Being able to heal/shield, dps and utility with leap of faith and other spells.

■ What makes playing your class less fun?

Overall: Not being able to see your armor in shadowform

PVE: Wands, No buff to give to a certain player that benefits both me and them, alot like focus magic, Dark intent.

Shadow Orb's- Make them less RNG. Atleast for the first one. So it doesnt take 40secs to get the first one sometimes.

PVP: Have very little escape mechanics for melee. Basically fighting interupts with melee on you because you have very little space creating mechanics.

■ How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Rotation is fine, I just wish there was less penalty for movement fights (mindflay) or being interupted. Mindspike is good step in the right direction.

Shadow Orbs are to RNG.

■ What’s on your wish list for your class?

New look for shadowform

More utility in the form of escapes, buff casted on one player. Rework shadow mastery
    (shadow Orbs) so its not so RNG.

CD Reduction on hymn's

■ What spells do you use the least?

Mindsoothe
    Mind Vision - spell is pretty fun though.
    Holy Nova
    Cure Disease
    Shackle Undead

Edited by Kesler on 9/12/2011 10:19 AM PDT
    90 Human Priest
    Q) What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    A) PVE

Q) If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    A) Heroic 25 man Raiding, generally as Disc (top 50 US, nearing Rag kill)

Q) If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    A) N/A

Q) What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    A) Quality of life overall is good for healing; for Shadow, I find managing the various dots, shadow orbs, and empowered shadows a little unfun (too many timers, requiring addons to play well), but I rarely play the spec.

Our mana regen spells are a little wobbly and could use some reconsideration (details below).

Q) What makes playing your class more fun?
    A) Having two viable healing specs is great. A large number of versatile spells. Life grip!

Q) What makes playing your class less fun?
    A) Being very dependent on shields for disc; I always hated shield spamming and I am glad that is gone, but our mastery still revolves around it. Also, PoH creating shields isn't awesome as well because it means, unless damage is coming, disc suffers significantly when there is sudden AOE.

Q) How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    A) Healing doesn't really have rotations per se, but I wish our standard single target rotation had a bit more variety (disc using renew more, for instance).

Q) What’s on your wish list for your class?
    A) Disc needs a new mastery, or some significant tweaks; shields just are a little too specialized for all our stats to revolve around (detailed here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2842435179). If our shields proc'd off all heals rather than crits (i.e., the Holy Paladin mastery) it would be better, but even then, I'm not convinced shields are that amazing of a thing to buff with a dedicated stat.

Holy's mastery is okay. It shines on fights where you have fewer healers, though those fights in general are a bit broken. It tends to be a lot of overheal but the throughput is decent.

Spammable, group-based heals are an interesting beast. It requires a lot of awareness of positioning and group composition metagames, which is not really that much fun. PoH is very powerful, though. I don't know exactly what could change (making it smart like CoH would be interesting, and possibly viable considering its long cast time).

Make Atonement have a better range for fights like Ragnaros and smoother for dedicated tank healing (perhaps tie it to Renew -- if a target is in range with renew, always heal them).

Make Divine Hymn and Hymn of Hope more appealing. Shadowfiend is a somewhat clunky mechanic as well, but it works decently enough.

Make Haste less powerful; it seems to be the dominant stat for just about every healing spec (probably due to the favorable conversion from rating into percentile).

Inner Focus is boring. Very, very powerful, but it just gets macro'd to spells. Not a big deal, but it would be nice to have some decisions involved with it.

Q) What spells do you use the least?
    A) As disc, I rarely use renew. Holy has a nice perk for using PW:S (Body and Soul), but renew is just terrible overall for disc. It would be nice for it to be viable in some situations (probably best as a single target spell for disc rather than a raid healing tool).

Divine Hymn needs rethought. It's a huge time investment for very little healing compared to our other spells. Druid Tranq is so, so much better. I don't think DH needs to be awesome, just better somehow. I don't want an IWIN button but I do want a decent healing emergency button.

Hymn of Hope sucks when all the arcane mages suck up the ticks :( Perhaps make it targeted or self-only, though I know we don't want to just clone Innervate.

Mass Dispel is unpleasant these days since it picks random targets before dispelling, making it rather meh and difficult to use well (not that many fights require it).

Before Heroic Ragnaros, I would have listed Holy Nova, but it's a decent on-the-move AOE healing spell in this very specialized case (running form Molten Elementals). It still could probably use some modernization and tweaking, though.

PoM isn't as great these days due to a lack of standard aura-based damage. It's still a really fun spell, though.

There are other spells that are hyper specialized; Fear Ward, Cleanse Disease, Inner Focus (probably because Inner Will is too good), Shackle Undead,
    100 Human Priest
    - What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both
    - If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] All
    - If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] All

- What spec do you play the most as, currently? Shadow

- What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

There is no need to cast Vampiric Embrace. It should be an aura that is always turned on.

Cure Disease should be a Discipline spell. If it is a concern in PvP, as was Dispel Magic, perhaps you should consider the option to restrict being able to cast Cure Disease only on you while in Shadowform.

- What makes playing your class more fun?

Being able to heal, albeit ineffectively as a shadow priest, as well as deal damage, in short bursts or over time.

Leap of Faith is an awesome new ability, which is useful in both PvE and PvP and that is unique to the priest class.

- What makes playing your class less fun?

I dislike the lack of mobility in PvP. It is so bad that Arena players will grab the healer PvP set just they can use its 4 piece bonus: When you cast Power Word: Shield on yourself, movement speed reduction effects may not bring you below your normal movement speed for 4 sec.

- How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

The rotation is fine for PvE. The rotation for PvP is not that great. Ever since every single healer in the game can dispel Magic DoT, it has become a nightmare to keep those up and deal damage effectively. It is far too easy for healers, and all of them now, to get rid of them.

- What’s on your wish list for your class?

I would like to see us obtain more mobility in any way, shape or form possible. Ideally, I'd like to be able to move every now and then without having to rely, as a shadow priest, on a 4 piece bonus from a healing priest PvP set.

DoT used to mean something in PvP. Not anymore... if there was any way to bring back some of the meaningfulness of DoT damage back to competitive PvP, it'd be great as our class heavily relies upon them for sustained damage.

If possible, another unique and cool ability like Leap of Faith would be awesome.

An ability on a long cooldown, 5-6 minutes, which lets you instantly gain 3 Shadow Orbs, to start off boss encounters... like a boss :P

- What spells do you use the least?

Mind Soothe… It's so useless right now, it might as well be removed from the game.
    Edited by Jugeum on 9/12/2011 1:36 PM PDT
    100 Human Priest
    - What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

- If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids (25 man)

- What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

1) Having to organize groups for Prayer of Healing is annoying

2) Lightwell can be difficult to click and becomes invisible due to boss and player spell graphics in raids.

3) Inspiration can be irritating to keep up since it does not proc from all spell crits (HoTs, Holy Words, etc.).

- What makes playing your class more fun?

It's fun to have a tool for almost every situation.

- What makes playing your class less fun?

I'm unable to play as a Holy Priest because raids value Discipline's raid cooldown too highly.

- How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Holy's rotation feels fluid and natural. Serendipity is very fun to play with.

When playing as Discipline, I sometimes have to force myself to use Power Word: Shield to proc Rapture, even when a shield isn't optimal.

- What’s on your wish list for your class?

1) Holy Priests get an effective raid cooldown.

2) Prayer of Healing's group restriction issue resolved somehow.

3) Critical Strike rating becomes more attractive to Holy Priests.

4) Lightwell becomes easier to see and click in raids.

5) Inspiration procs from -all- healing crits.

- What spells do you use the least?

Holy Nova, Divine Hymn, and Holy Word: Sanctuary (when the 6-target restriction is in place)
    Edited by Samothras on 9/12/2011 9:47 AM PDT
    93 Pandaren Priest
    PvE.

10m Heroic Raids.

BGs, rarely do arena.

Shadow: The RNG nature of Shadow orbs, 33% of my dps comes from Empowered Shadows and its annoying if you happen to get 0 procs or waiting for the first procs :P Also while moving we only get orbs from SW:P
    Holy: Forced to stack spirit for mana regen moreso then any other healing spec

Shadow: Fun rotation, I also really love dispersion and finding ways to utilize it
    Holy: I like switching Charka stances, but most fight I just choose one and rarely switch. I also love our Mastery.

Shadow: Lack of abilities to use while moving, really we have nothing except SW:D which has a long CD and hits weak (above 25%) and Devouring Plague spamming which is mana intensive.
    - Lack of any utility. Mindflay is a slow but it reduces our dps considerably and requires us to channel it, we could use some kind of AoE slow or some kind of knockback that wouldn't be too OP for PvP. Right now all we bring is our dps.
    - Going oom on some fights while fine on others. A lot of our mana regen comes from Masochism. If bosses AoE happen to be weak we can find ourselves with mana issues unless we use SW:D on CD for most of the fight.
    - Reliance on buffs, I know this is really all casters but in 10m its very hard if not impossible to get every caster buff especially the 10% spellpower one and caster heavily rely on these buffs to be competitive.
    - Shadow World: Death backlash sub 25%, most fights this is where the large burn phase + heavy AoE comes into play and just adding to that damage is not worth the dps and strain to your healers. I can easily crit both SW:D hits and drop 40k+ in health instantly. Reduce the damage or make it a flat amount of damage.

Holy: Lack of raid CD, I find myself leaning towards Disc more and more just for PW:B/PI/PS but mostly PW:B. Holy could use a bit of help tank healing but raid healing is fine.

Prayer of healing not hitting 5 people cause of spacing.

Shadow: I enjoy it, I like having our Shadowfiend and Dark Angel apart of our rotation. I dont like the shadow orbs + empowered shadows part of it due to the RNG nature of it and if your poorly geared (lack of hit) this buff could fade reducing your dps consideribly but otherwise I love the dots + mindblast/mindflay.

Shadow: Utility. A knockback or an AoE slow or an AoE stun or something I can bring to my raid to help out other then Dispersion.
    - It would be cool if you made Mind Control a type of CC on mobs that you can't Mind Control, so you can CC's them but you don't control them, like a Repentence. Maybe a Major glyph? reducing the cast time and changes Mind Control to a Repentence like CC?
    - Something to use while moving, even if it didnt hit hard at least I could click something lol
    - Reduce the backlash of SW:D, most of the time I avoid using it because of the already heavy raid damage sub 25% anyways, just make it a flat amount of damage (like Life Tap for Warlocks) so it doesn't scale higher with sub 25% crit hits.

Holy: Both hymns getting improved to something worthwild. Hymn of hope can not target you which makes it annoying, it also doesn't give you much mana and requires you to stand there and do nothing for 8 seconds. Divine Hymn doesn't heal for enough (10% bonus healing is nice) and only hits 3 people (which is bad for 25), giving a talent in the Holy tree to make it more like Tranq would be nice without giving Disc another large raid CD.

Prayer of healing needs to change slightly so in 25 mans when people are spaced you can still use it effectively. Maybe if it doesnt hit all 5 people, lets say if it hits 4 people the 5th heal would be a smart heal and heal someone nearby at low health for 50% of the amount healed. That way heals wouldn't be lost just cause the groups arn't grouped up but you still had to use it intelligently for it be effective.

- Mind Spike, usually dots are better (except pvp)
    - Mind Soothe, I use to use it in dungeons but the way mobs stand now it's almost impossible to sneak by anyways
    - Shackle Undead, undead are rare (add more mobs to this, Shackle Creature? :P)
    Edited by Trinko on 9/12/2011 12:07 PM PDT
    85 Human Priest
    I focus on both.

25 man Heroic raiding as shadow. Working on H rag.

Arenas and BGs as shadow.

I find myself having to use dispersion sometimes just to return mana in PvP. It's a little frustrating to use for that purpose since it's our main defensive cd b/c we don't have much longevity/endurance when it comes to long fights. Having to use your execute every cd for mana is also frustrating b/c it's our execute. When it comes time to kill someone, it's frustrating to not have SWD up. Also, Lifegrip should be allowed to grip the person, even when rooted.

Dotting everything. =]

Running oom in PvP. DK's >.>

I feel my rotation is fine.

The first one would be to take Dispersion off the global and the second would be to make the talent Masochism return 12-13% mana instead of 10 to account for the cost of SWD.

Mind Soothe is the only spell I never use. Maybe it could be used to dispel enrage effects?
    Edited by Ssizz on 10/6/2011 3:02 PM PDT
    100 Undead Priest
    PVP, disc healer

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] ---

BGs and arena

Leap of Faith sometimes glitching and yet still uses the CD. All the GCDs spent switching between Inner Fire and Inner Will.

The large disc toolbox. The overall disc playstyle (absorption and mitigation rather than just straight healing).
    The current open style of disc gearing (being able to go crit or haste or mastery as preferred and not being pushed into just one stat due to stat weights).

Priest's constant need of others to peel. Getting destroyed quickly, and being able to do nothing about it by myself (CCs, ints, stuns, silences, dispels and not possible to get away).
    Priest's continued lack of mobility.
    Priest's lack of mana efficiency compared to other healers.
    DA sharing the same visual effect as PW:S.
    The short duration of PW:S.

Currently quite happy with rotation (or lack thereof).

More priest mobility (or escape mechanisms). True dispel protection for PW:S. Returning the disc priest's ability to dps much more effectively, or more mana efficiency (one or the other, getting both may be OP). Mastery working more effectively (possibly affect more spells).

Mind Soothe
    Edited by Kimchi on 9/12/2011 10:58 AM PDT
    90 Human Priest
    # What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    Both

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raids

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Arenas

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Hymn of Hope not necessarily hitting the casting priest. Having to save it til I'm nearly OOM just to be sure I get the buff makes me sad.
    Dual specced Disc(Pve)/Disc(PvP): Having to sit by the priest trainer on raid nights just in case I have to go Shadow.
    Edit: Inner Will not stacking with boot enchants.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
    Managing all my procs and cooldowns while healing and watching what's going on with the tanks and dps during the encounter all at once.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
    Getting stunlocked by/unable to do anything against a competent warrior while my health slowly depletes.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    AoE healing rotation is a bit boring as Disc. PoH spam isn't particularly engaging.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
    An interrupt. I would trade both my kidneys, and perhaps my liver, for one.

# What spells do you use the least?
    Holy Nova in PvE. :(
    Most of my casted heals in Arena. :(((
    Edited by Delvon on 9/12/2011 10:07 AM PDT
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]