(Locked)

85 Gnome Priest
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Fireland 25 man/Heroic 25man

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas/Rated Battleground

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
In my opinion, like alot said... Disc priest need a buff.
Power Word: Barrier needs a buff like: player should no longer able to interupt while the caster is standing in it, and Divine Hymn/Hymn of hope cooldown need to be reduced, 8 longer is way to long compared to tranquality with a 2 min cooldown.. In my opinion it should be reduced to 5 minute or 4 considering its the only AOE heal a disc priest can do would be nice if we could use it 2 time in a raid fight, but holy spect seem alright so far ..

# What makes playing your class more fun?
Shields,Leap of faith,Damage absorbation
# What makes playing your class less fun?
HUGE COOLDOWN
# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Rotation is perfect except my long cooldown
# What’s on your wish list for your class?
Reduce cooldown on Hymn and become immune to stunt/interuption while under effect of Power Word:Barrier otherwise i swear the god this spell is useless, 20% damage reduction dosent do !@#$ in pvp
# What spells do you use the least?
Hymn spell's/Power Word Barrier

PLEASE BLIZZ FIX THIS !
14 Gnome Mage
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Discipline spec is too bloated to have a "general" spec. When you're pushing progression, you'll probably swap between a multitude of discipline specs: one with Atonement/Archangel for fights with damage/healing multipliers or where you want a burst aoe throughput cooldowns, ones with Strength of Soul where repeatedly absorbing damage on one target is important (Baleroc says hello), and another with Train of Thought or pure throughput talents instead of those. I even pick up Inner Sanctum for many progression fights (Nef while undergeared in December before damage nerfs, this was the only way I could survive P1). No other spec I've played feels like it carries such a respec requirement.

In particular, Discipline is one of the only specs in the entire game without any way to temporarily boost its movement speed. It is the only ranged spec without a movement speed boost. I understand this would mean pvp balancing, but this is increasingly becoming a burden on mobility fights, which priests already struggle with because of a large flat-footed casting requirement. Inner Sanctum's movement speed is literally the difference between being hit by a Majordomo cat leap (even if you started moving before he chose a target sometimes) and not... yet there really is no room for those talent points in a generalized discipline spec.

Remove some bloat and ideally, give Disc some cooldown for movement speed. Inner Focus including a 4s sprint would be decent.
Edited by Mouthwash on 9/12/2011 11:51 AM PDT
85 Goblin Priest
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE on my priest. PvP on my hunter.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
25m Heroic Raids. 6/7HM FL

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Divine Hymn- Either increasing the power of this spell back to where it was in WotLK, or reducing the CD to 3m like tranq.
Hymn of Hope- Once again, making this spell more useful would be a huge bonus and increase the quality of life. Making it a mana-tide style with a shorter cooldown could work as well.

What makes playing your class more fun?
Playing a priest is very fun for me because of the two different healing trees. Priests are in essence "THE healer". The only class that has two trees dedicated to healing proves it. What makes disc fun for me is the whole mitigation aspect of it. Managing things such as CDs, Mana and mana CDs are very fun for me. It makes it feel more interactive then just smashing my keyboard.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Disc is boring for me sometimes on fights like H Rhyo/H Beth and parts of H Alys and H Rag where it is just a PoH spam for the most part.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Disc hasn't really had a set rotation. It's all situational and you use your spells (GH, FH, Penance, PWS, ProM, PoH) accordingly.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Div Hymn changes and Hymn of Hope changes.

What spells do you use the least?
Renew, Holy Nova, Heal.
85 Troll Priest
PvE

Raids (6/7H atm)

N/A

Chakra for Holy still needs work. You almost never use Serenity in a raid setting because the reduced CD to CoH and +15% renew is simply always better. HW:Sanctuary is still underwhelming as well (as opposed to HW:Serenity, which is great).

Disc in general. That's a pretty broad statement but I dualspec Holy and Disc, and Disc is just far and away significantly more boring. Predominantly it is simply gheal, penance (to get grace stacks), PW:S, PoH. That is basically it.

Variety of spell usage, not avoiding spells because they aren't up to par (like holy nova, heal, flash heal). Knowing I can compete on an equal playing field with other healers (competition is big for me).

Being confined to certain spells, not being able to compete fairly with other healers on the meters (basically the opposite of what makes playing my class less fun).

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Disc: It sucks. You gheal most of the time, throw out a PoM when possible, penance for grace, shield occasionally (mainly to keep rapture going), then just PoH. It isn't half as fun as Holy is.

Holy: It is great. Spell variety is high, you are very versatile and the play tends to generally be pretty dynamic.

Discipline being more unique and refined. It feels like a dulled down gimmicky version of Holy, quite literally. You get Divine Aegis, and a buffed PW:S, but lose renew (since it's not efficient) and many other fun spells Holy has. You lose alot of synergy in spells as well.

State of mind being replaced in the holy talent tree.

I wish I could more often use Heal (and to a degree, Flash Heal). With how damage in raids is, and how much Heal (and Flash Heal) hits for, you basically never use them. Heal is a pitiful 9k healing (and Renew for Holy is better than Heal), and it has a high cast time, so it is always preferred to simply cast gheal.

Renew (never used if playing Disc)
Holy Nova
Penance (when I'm playing Disc, I only ever use it to get grace stacks up quick)
Heal
Flash Heal
Holy Word: Sanctuary
Edited by Grioja on 9/12/2011 11:55 AM PDT
85 Draenei Priest
Shadow PvE, Discipline PvP Priest Feedback

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE, some PvP

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Heroic raid content as shadow, healing dungeons as disc

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Battlegrounds as disc

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Shadow orbs!! PLEASE give us a way to proc an orb before entering combat or when in a dry spell. Relying on random number generation in order to make our mastery useful is so depressing. I will have long droughts of no orb procs. A static mastery bonus such as the affliction warlock would make every single boss fight much less stressful for me. OR make it such that our mastery activates for x seconds after casting mind blast. Orbs are pretty and a neat idea but just don't pan out in terms of being practical in practice.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Dispersion is fun and a great panic button if I get into trouble. LOVE atonement/smite spec as disc!

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Shadow Word: Death hurting us, sometimes killing us if we use if when bosses are taking extra damage. Other classes' execute type spells don't penalize them like this. Also, shadow orb procs (or lack thereof) make me pretty miserable.

Gift of the Naaru being counted as a HOLY racial. I can't use it, it takes me out of shadow form. I wish Gift of the Naaru wouldn't take us out of shadow form.

As disc, getting stunned and locked down by melee in PvP until 0 hit points, unable to use any defensive mechanism the entire time. No way to create distance between myself and melee, except psychic scream which has a long CD.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Shadow rotation is very fun. Much more fun than playing my affliction warlock (my former main). Except for orb proccing it's just right.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• I'd like better looking spell graphics. Mind flay is just so blah compared to drain life and drain soul. I'd also like a way to proc an orb during those times when it just...won't...happen and my empowered shadows buff falls off.

Another way to create distance between myself and melee as shadow would be amazing too.

Maybe fade could make us invisible for a few seconds and we can stealth away, only to reappear a few meters out. Or use some form of mind vision to have an out of body experience which makes us appear dead. Hey who says hunters get to have all the fun playing opossum?

• What spells do you use the least?

• Can't say I've ever used mind soothe.
    Edited by Lyllah on 9/12/2011 12:00 PM PDT
    85 Blood Elf Priest

• PvE and a bit of PvP

• 25m Heroic Raids

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• BGs

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

• The Cooldown/healing on Divine Hymn is absolutley horrible. Since Holy does not have a raid cooldown like Disc(PW:B) you can rework the hymn to be much more beneficial in Holy.

• -Having two Healing trees. If one tree isn't cutting it you can always count on the other tree to perform well.

-Atonement. With great gear you can basically dps your way through 5 mans while keeping the group alive.

-Wide variety of spells in our arsenal.

• - Lack of interrupts.

-Design of Chakra and certain talents for Holy. No Holy priest specs into State of Mind.When Chakra was redesigned that talent should have been redesigned as well.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• It is a simple concept but somewhat difficult to execute some times. That is not a bad thing at all. I love the way disc and Holy are designed atm. Both "rotations" don't need any changes. Just some tweeking on certain spells.

• -Benediction like quest line/Weapon for priests!
    -Mastery being redesigned slightly to improve the effects of other spells
    -Permanent wings via glyph!
    -Leap of Faith & Cure Disease usable in shadow form

• -Cure Disease ( Used against dks in bgs)
    -Shackle Undead ( Only used in ZA)
    -Mind Vision (Great for bgs like wsg to see where opponent is at)
    -Mind Soothe (Used in ZG to skip some packs)
    Edited by Dasaq on 9/12/2011 11:58 AM PDT
    85 Human Priest
    ■What type of content do you focus on?

Shadow PvP/PvE at a casual level

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

I really don't have much complaint here, I guess Id say our DoTs cost too much mana in a PvP environment but thats a minor complaint.

I'd like an option to turn off the visual of shadowform just from my PoV, I usually like the way it looks but sometimes I get sick of always looking the same, and with transmog coming I'd like to be able to see my gear if I want to. Again though, that's a minor thing.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

Having a combination of DoTs and Good burst, Being able to Mass Dispell and Shield. Wings are awesome looking!

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Lack of a gap-maker ability vs. melee, or lack of a way to control melee that can break/immune vs. fear. Lack of a snare, Mind Flay just doesnt cut it.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I like the way shadow works, Orbs are a little too RNG though, IMO.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

A snare that isn't tied to Mind Flay

OR

A CC that's not fear based.

OR

Some kind of Blink type ability

A nuke that's castable while moving

Leap of Faith useable in Shadowform(this spell is awesome I hate having to drop form to use it)

■What spells do you use the least?

most holy spells b/c of dropping form, I'd like to see some of the restrictions on the utility/non healing stuff dropped for shadow.
    90 Troll Priest

• -PvE

• -Heroic raids

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

• -Hymns being close to useless and having a ridiculously long CD.
    -Atonement not working right because of the needlessly short range and it starting at the center of the boss hit-box makes it even shorter
    -Prayer of Healing being party-based feels unnecessary and frustrating
    -Disc mastery only benefits two spells and does nothing for the overall healing kit

• -Being able to change dire situations with fast clutch shields and being a strong support to other healers

• -Lack of strong, defining healing kit for disc
    -Having a toilet helm that clips terribly with my character's features

• How do you feel about your “rotation”?

• -I have to Holy Fire fast and Smites are too slow

• -Hymn of Hope being buffed passively for disc to a 3 min cd, preferring healers in range and also decreasing spell cost for the duration
    -Divine Hymn being useful instead of a net loss to even cast
    -Holy Nova being useful
    -Prayer of Healing being a casted smart heal instead of party-based
    -Disc Mastery affecting all my healing

• [/ul]

-Renew
    -Binding Heal
    -Heal
    -Flash Heal
    -Holy Nova
    85 Human Priest
    Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

PVP

N/A

Mainly Arenas and RBGs with the occasional normal BG

lack of survivability against melee

being able to get a good save with a power word shield to have time to cast a life saving heal on a player taking damage. always fun

no temporary movement speed increasing effects (as disc)

wonderful. disc has such a great synergy between pom-> pws -> penance (3stacks of grace) -> heal/flash heal/gheal (to reduce weakened soul debuff)

a way to survive against dks/warriors. we are so weak against these classes I have to rely 100% on either my cooldowns or my teammates to peel dks/warriors off me. resto druids do ok against necrotic strikes due to the nature of hots (preventing necrotics from stacking too high). also almost every other healer class has something they can do to get away. resto druids have catform -> entangling roots, holy pallys have speed of light and plate armor (not to mention awesome holy shock/word of glory insta cast no mana heals), resto shammys have earthbind totems with ghost wolf. disc can swap to inner will for increased movement speed but we lose 40% armor contribution from inner fire in doing so making us even more squishy to those high damage physical attacks. warriors can get out of fear fairly easily while dks can stack necrotics, strangulate (silences me for 4 seconds) then anti-magic shell so I can't fear them off me. at that point, once PWB is over, pain sup is over and I use my desperate prayer to get necrotics off me, its almost always too far gone.

renew (almost not even worth the global)
    90 Blood Elf Priest

PVE, I have PVP a little in the past before there was resilience

All..I Quest, solo, group, and raid lots.

My PVP experience is considered quite old now. I would probably play PvP more if I didn't need a whole nother set of gear. I have a dps and a heal set and simply no time, money, or bag space to bother with collecting together a good set of pvp gear.

Since removing buff reagents and making them group/raid, alot of things have improved. If anything, as a shadow priest I have really missed out on losing my single target magic dispel. Despite mass dispel still effecting magic and that priest were the original class that got magic as a default magic dispel, it feels odd now losing that ability in shadow form even though I am still a priest.

We are probably one of the few dps classes that can carry over our healing strengths to the dps spec. Our spec offers a steady self healing component, we can still shield, and dispersion is a superior defense mechanism that can be made a short cooldown should you desire. As a person who plays defensively, this is all I could ask for.

Ramp up DPS for shadow is pretty slow, I don't see myself near the top of the dps list until 1:30-2 minutes into the fight. Orbs being random is just wrong.

Heal class has almost no clutch cool downs. Palis have bubbles, druids have tree form, shamans..are kinda screwed like us. Divine Hymn only effects 3 people and it is nothing instant like invuln bubbles or instant heals.

Healing, namely Holy. I think there are too many buttons.. I have about 2x as many keybinds over shadow. I have to bind flash heal, heal, greater heal, bind heal, renew, PW:Shield, Prayer of healing, Circle of healing, HW:Serenity (chakara bind), Prayer of Mending, Guardian Spirit, and some way of making dispel handy. So about 10 binds for spells I NEED to have on a whim while healing, and then a spot for situational spells like dispel, fear ward, hymn of hope, and leap of faith.

This is a far cry over shadow where I have mind blast, Death, my dot keys pain, plague, and VT, and then situation binds for sear and mind spike. I don't need to bind my cooldowns archangel, shadow fiend, dispersion.

Shadow rotation is very nice... the only thing we have been up in arms about is the randomness of shadow orbs. Considering this is our mastery, sticking RNG on our mastery is why our mastery stat is one of the lowest.

I really think shadow priest are in the small subset of classes that are hard to stack. We don't gain any pre-buffs for going shadow so if your raid has one priest, it has it all. We don't carry PvE interupts or stuns. We have no battle res. We have no hero/bloodlust. We have no CC. We just do DPS, and do it well. The majority of other classes has atleast one of these, many doing more, and hunters/locks can switch out pets to cover alot of these bases should you be missing one.

If there was one of these at the top of my want list, it would be interupts. Namely a buff to silence for a much shorter cool down, and an easier way to obtain it in the shadow tree for PvE spec. Maybe a glyph that converts it to an interrupt with no silence effect and a drastically reduced cooldown.

90 Worgen Druid
    I am posting from a Holy Priest perspective.

Focused on PVP but I also PVE (80/20).

Dungeons/Heroics only. Don't have the patience for guilds and raids.

Battlegrounds only. Just earned my 100K HKs and title. I am happy.

Cost of mana for spells. I burn through mana too fast mostly due to having to scramble to keep alive undergeared and inexperienced players.

I enjoy keeping my fellow faction members alive and healthy in the heat of battle.

Not just priests but any healer has to deal with serious negative criticisms. A tank/DPS can enter a group naked and unarmed and it doesn't matter. It is the responsibility of the healer to keep them alive at all costs and no excuses. I have friends who are also healers and they have been brought to tears because of scathing, offensive insults due to someone's reckless play. But we have been playing long enough to know everything is always the healers fault so we don't care anymore.

As a holy priest focused on pvp I do not have much of a rotation. I need to adjust and adapt to all types of players and circumstances. However I am almost always on the top (1-5) of all healers so I am happy with my gameplay and the tools at my disposal.

I need a major disease removal similar to Mass Dispel. I do not necessarily want Abolish Disease back, but rather try a Mass Abolish that removes diseases to the same effect of Mass Dispel for spells.

Heal. I know it saves mana but it is too weak to use for the groups I run with. I use Flash and Greater heal but never just the simple Heal spell. And most of the time I find decent players who will wait for me to replenish my mana.

Mind Vision. It can be fun but I rarely use it.
    90 Blood Elf Priest
    Exceeded character limit

Holy nova, even for aoe it is just too weak in damage and heals.
    Mind Sooth, who runs past mob packs? It isn't worth the instant death that will ensue if one thing goes wrong.
    Divine Hymn, not enough targets, medicore clutch heals, all on a long cooldown.
    Shackle undead, nothing is ever undead! I have used this spell once in the expansion, to shackle the boss add in ZA.
    Leap of Faith, to long of a cooldown. It becomes one of those spells where you hold off on using until you know you must need it. It was very useful in 2 tier-11 boss encounters.

Guardian Spirit, low duration and long cooldown. By the time I can consider that my heals are not going to save a person, the person is dead. But if I use it as a precaution, it is %99 likely to be wasted and not needed. In the end, guardian spirit is not a type of spell that is needed, you would simply do best by healing better. At the same time you are going "aww darn.. I bet I could have saved that wipe if i had used guardian spirit", the rest of the raid is going "Ok, why did he die? Lets shift healing a little, burn a tank cooldown here, don't step there" and then proceed to kill the boss the next attempt with guardian spirit no where to be found.
    85 Goblin Priest

Both

Heroics -> Heroic 10 man raids

RBGs

-Not having an interrupt for raids/5 mans. Having to switch to my pvp spec to do heroic alystrazor is kind of a pain, it would be nice to switch out the placement of psychic horror and silence in the shadow tree.

-I understand the implications of it in PvP, but PvE wise, (5mans, or just questing/dailies) I really miss being able to dispel my buddies. :( Having to queue up a mass dispel is a pain if I just wanna dispel that debuff that mob put on my feral druid buddy when we do old raids or something.

-Not really having a useful raid CD. Divine Hymn is ok, but Hymn of Hope doesn't really help out my healers as much as I'd like. It returns a miniscule amount of mana, and once the mana buff goes away my healers are back oom.

-Not having a 1 button rotation, multi dotting allll the things, being able to throw out heals (even if they are not too great), Leap of Faith (saving the lives of keyboard turning druids since 2010).

-Movement fights >.<

-The RNGness of shadow orbs. Sometimes you get awesome RNG where all those trinkets and archangel and you get 3 orbs and you see those big numbers fly. Other times you just sit there wondering where your orbs ran off to. :(

-Love that it's not a 1 button spamfest, but not all JOHN-MADDEN-overly-complicated either. Shadowpriest rotation is one of the best, I think.

-A PvE interrupt that doesn't sacrifice the good PvE talents. (Switch out Psychic Horror/Silence in the tree), spells to hit besides spamming SW:D/Devouring Plague during movement fights.

-Hymn of Hope/Divine Hymn. Normally not worth breaking shadowform in the middle of the raid to cast and not be dpsing for 8 seconds. Only used in emergency situations.
    Edited by Bamberoo on 9/12/2011 12:18 PM PDT
    100 Troll Priest
     What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PvE only, depending on fight I heal both holy and disc (I have a separate Spriest)

 If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raids (10, some 25), heroics

 If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    N/A

 What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Nothing I can think of for this category. Maybe the confusion over secondary stats (haste, crit, mastery spirit) would count here.

 What makes playing your class more fun?
    We have the most options for how we want to heal. Disc is fun to heal, and holy has the widest variety of tools.

 What makes playing your class less fun?
    The cataclysm mana changes were too much too soon. I’m used to them by now, but the learning curve was steep. I have to watch where I am going, watch 5, 10, up to 25 health bars, and watch my mana all throughout a fight. It’s micromanagement, and that’s not fun. I realize spam flash was boring. This, however, can be quite frustrating.

 How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I’m not sure how to answer as a healer. I look at the group, see who needs what, and don’t follow a rotation. Proccing serendipity is based off need rather than any strategy. (Use flash only when you have nothing else available in a desperate situation).

 What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Making Prayer of Healing a raid heal rather than a party heal (like CoH). Up the healing power of heal by 10% or more, so it maintains its raid use as opposed to going over to gheal (or lower heal’s cast time). Give Leap of Faith some additional utility (such as a small HoT, shield or something). Hymn CD is too long compared to other classes similar CDs. Make Holy Nova damage only.

For Holy: Lightwell has amazing potential, but people still ignore it. Spirit of Redemption loses it chakras, therefore its holy word spell, I wish it kept these. There seem to be lag issues with the Spirit. Entirely change the State of Mind talent, as it is not useful in current implementation. Make Desperate Prayer a base spell and replace with a different talent, perhaps one that allows priests to decurse (since all druids, shams can now dispel, and take care of three things). Give Surge of Light a slightly higher percent chance to proc.

For Discipline: Overall I like this tree. Perhaps a decurse ability would work better here.

Shadow: Take away the need to max points in improved Fade in order to acquire silence.

 What spells do you use the least?
    Holy: Lightwell (both raids and heroics), Heal (while raiding)
    Discipline: Renew (in raids and heroics)
    Overall for all specs: Leap of Faith, Fade (shadow especially), Psychic Scream, Holy Nova, Mind Soothe

Thanks for reading!
    Edited by Ujavi on 9/12/2011 12:06 PM PDT
    85 Human Priest

PvE currently, but I do pvp on the side on another character.

We're doing hard mode content and currently working on heroic ragnaros.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Atonement needs be able to work on large hit boxes. It's incredibly frustrating when players are within 15 yards of the boss itself but I can't use Atonement because the size of the boss's hitbox prevents me from doing so. Also I don't feel that holy priests being required to take spirit because of holy concentration when discipline just gets it from Rapture (Which scales with our primary stat) is working out, especially when Blizzard chooses to not offer a spirit cloth non-set in a tier of raiding.

On my other shadow priest, as people mentioned above in the thread, we don't have any way to reliably get a shadow orb for those times where we're just not getting any in a normal rotation. I can understand RNG for other talents like Surge of Light or Empowered Imp for warlocks or procs like that, but Empowered Shadow is a core part of the spec and should not be subject to that kind of RNG without some way to generate one on demand. Even if the cooldown on being able to do so was somewhat long.

It's difficult to say, I just love priesting. But I love the priest's toolbox, we have a huge toolbox of healing spells but can still deal some damage via Atonement in PvE or other spells in PvP.

Not being competitive, being pidgeonholed into one spec instead of being able to reasonably choose between the two due to how they're designed.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

For Discipline, overall I think it works well and we use just about every spell we have. We don't have too much healing coming from PW:S (As was the case in wrath). The only spells that suck at the moment for Discipline are Renew, and Divine Hymn for both specs.

Shadow is fine, I enjoy it a lot.

For Holy I think the rotation is fine too.

- Better looking tier sets, more class themed tier sets instead of raid themed tier sets.
    - Holy remains a viable spec instead of being outscaled/outperformed/outwhatever by discipline or vice versa.
    - Holy's mastery isn't limited by overhealing when other specs don't have such a limitation on their mastery.
    - Atonement being weak because of players being more than 15 yards away, not because of the boss's hitbox.
    - Being able to get a shadow orb when I need one for the purpose of refreshing Empowered Shadow.

Mind Soothe, Divine Hymn, Heal, and Holy Nova. Oh and Renew, since I'm discipline.
    Edited by Nysem on 9/12/2011 12:03 PM PDT
    1 Orc Warrior

Both.

Heroics, Raids, and Dungeons.

Arenas: I primarily always focused on arenas but since the whole ladder is in a bad state right now I barely play arena anymore.

RBGs: Only once a week to get the point cap or a few just to max out my points for the week.

BGs: Only when I am bored or feel like trying out new things.

Most likely taking Shadowform off the GCD and Shadow in general the mastery for PVE is too random and sometimes it can mean all the difference.

The reason I always played my Shadow Priest is because of Shadowform. I feel every other class has no more uniqueness left in it except for Shadow just because when I play it I feel like a Shadow Priest. Before Cataclysm I loved it because I could dispel others while bringing amazing damage and it just made me feel unique and wanted. Today I really don't have that feeling anymore other than when I am in Shadowform.

There are many things but I will just touch on a few things. When I PVP and playing against other players who have abilities that give me a +30% increased cast time makes me want to quit this game for good. I just stand there unable to cast anything except for any spells that are instant cast while dealing with interrupts. In PVE I can't really think of anything because I am always wanted in my raid because I have such a high value to the raid group. The last thing that made me quit Cataclysm earlier in the expansion was self-healing; the self-healing that some classes possess is just outrageous and unneeded because it literally destroys dueling and other aspects of PVP.

I do enjoy the Shadow rotation but unfortunately the Mastery just throws a wrench into me especially when no orbs decide to proc. I really think Shadow's Mastery needs to be looked at in PVP and especially PVE. However, for the most part Shadow is very fun in PVE but in PVP it's really frustrating because having to gain 5 stacks of Evangelism and then getting off a Mind Blast or Mind Spike then reapplying my DOTs is almost impossible because of being focused down by the other team.

What I really wish for is that our DOTs should be the main source of our damage and not Mind Blast or Mind Flay. (The recent patch changes) I really would like to see Unbreakable Will talent effects brought back in because it is preposterous to sit in a 5 second Silence then a 6 second Kidney shot back to back. Those talents that had Stun, Silence, and Fear reductions really balanced this game out in the PVP field. I also would like to maybe have my offensive Dispel Magic to take away 2 spell buffs instead of one just because the one feels so useless to me and it never feels worth it. I understand this effects healers as well so I would just recommend making a deep talent allowing certain DPS specs to do this or something.

Mind Soothe

Mind Vision

Cure Disease

Divine Hymn

Shackle Undead

Another Note

Here is my main: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/elune/Ashman/simple

I know I am not posting on it but I just feel like something needs to be done soon about a lot of the problems WoW is having. Don't get me wrong you might get a negative feel from me but I think the game has lost its grip and it needs to be reinvigorated somehow. I do feel that class balance is the primary source of problems and not necessarily content.

Thanks!
    Edited by Absorb on 9/12/2011 3:41 PM PDT
    100 Undead Priest
    What type of content do you focus on?
    PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
    10m Firelands, working on Ragnaros

If PvP, what type of PvP?
    n/a

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    Divine Hymn seems like it's in a weird place. in WotLK, it was super powerful (I used it as "8 seconds of my raid not dying), but nowadays it just doesn't have the impact that such a long channel should.
    Having to use Hymn of Hope + Shadowfiend during Bloodlust for optimal mana return is a bit wonky, but maybe that just me trying to optimize.
    Inner Will seems mostly useless, since mana is rarely a problem for me anymore and I have runspeed enchants.
    Most of the time, Guardian Spirit never goes off and I feel like I wasted it. I miss the old glyph :(

Holy: Chakra means I can switch specialties on the fly, which is totally sweet. Not only does it make me more versitile, I feel rewarded for playing smartly. Finding out that Blesses Resilience is amazing in PvE made me very happy.
    Disc: Shield>Penance>Borrowed Time Greater Heal is one mighty combo, and seeing 70k critical heals is a great feeling. Lots of handy CDs.
    Both: I like having a toolbox full of heals. Same reason as Chakra: I feel smart for playing correctly.

Priests have so many spells that we never use anymore (at least in PvE, see below). Shadowfiend is still a burden.
    Useless talents in the Holy tree (Divine Touch is so weak when I'm able to refresh Renew via Serenity, Rapid Renewal is useless when I can just go into Sanctuary and AoE, and State of Mind is pointless with Chakra on a 30s CD)

Disc: rotation seems very tight. Weakened Soul is a good way to pace my rotation, and filling in the time between Shields is both flexible and intuitive.
    Holy: I like being able to keep Renew going forever. Serendipity's emergency healing is a nice emergency rotation, as well as Holy Word Sanctuary.

More neat tricks: Leap of Faith, Mind Vision, levitate are yummy.

Keeping in mind that I exclusively 10m raids, I never use these spells:
    Cure Disease, Fear Ward, Holy Nova, Inner Will, Mana Burn, Mass Dispel, Mind Sooth, Psychic Scream, Shackle Undead
    That's a lot of extra baggage.
    Edited by Headfake on 9/12/2011 12:09 PM PDT
    85 Undead Priest
    Both as shadow spec.

Raids.

Mostly BGs but some arenas.

Would be nice to be able to cast Leap of Faith in shadowform and not have to spam Dev. Plague just to keep my dps up while moving.

DoT spells and shadow apparations!

Having to stand and cast almost every spell and mind spiking in PvP. Its a weird spell to have as a DoT class.

PvE is great, lack of mobility in PvP

More dot damage, less direct cast damage, and Silence for all shadow priests. Sucks to be one of the few dps without an interrupt in my raid group. Would also be nice if shadow apparations would speed up over time. Right now they move too slow to catch anything in PvP.

Just Mind Soothe.
    85 Goblin Priest
    Both

Solo, Heroics, the occasional Raid (albeit only very little raiding in cataclysm as I pretty much hate what you did to shadowpriests).

Arenas, rated BGs (albeit pretty much only for points anymore in cataclysm - and even then usually only as disc anymore [see above]).

- Lack of useful dispel protection for shadow. Honestly, every time I come up against a shadowpriest team that uses dots and doesn’t have an affliction warlock to cover him I just kind of laugh and faceroll over my dispel button for a default win. Even the “damage on dispel, nothing else” VT used to have was better than sin & punishment is now.

- Dots, if they were actually still worth it outside of raid encounters/arenas while teamed with an affliction lock. Yet, in virtually every situation other than those two, mind spike/blast simply yields faster, cheaper and usually better results. So much for “situational nuke/when locked out of the rest”…

- Complete loss of the original vampiric theme that once made me roll a shadowpriest. Bad enough the mana battery mode got removed in WotLK, but Vampiric Embrace is so useless nowadays that it can’t even outdo the damage you do TO YOURSELF via using your finisher. Not to mention the design is still flawed to where “the more healing you need, the less you get” due to inherently reduced dmg output while zerged. Just change it to “every time one of your damage over time spells deals damage to a target afflicted by vampiric touch, you restore 1.5% of your total health” or something already. Nerf the actual healing spells for shadow in turn if you must, but restore the vampiric theme! :/

- The ramp-up time for shadow is way too long, not to mention seriously RNG-dependent. We were all so happy once, when you announced the removal of shadow weaving (and in turn massive reduction of shadow ramp-up)…but now? Not only is evangelism the exact same thing as shadow weaving, except worse and stacking even slower, but on top of that you actually have to wait for a freaking orb to RNG up to finally get going…at least change our mastery to where the dot bonus is a passive effect and keep the orbs to boost ms/mb only or something.
    - Other than that, the rotations for all 3 specs are relatively enjoyable although holy does sometimes end up a little bland.

- Restoration of the vampiric theme (read: overhaul of vamp. Embrace) <- that’s the big one!
    - Actual dot protection other than “bring an affliction warlock”

- Heal. As interesting as the idea of a “slow, small but mana efficient heal” may have been, heal is in fact so unbalanced that I can cast a greater heal in not only the same time, not only for like double the throughput, but it will actually ALSO be MORE mana efficient to just use gheal

Long story short, if I could ask one thing and one thing only, it would be to revert shadowpriests back to an actual “vampiric themed dot class”. If I had wanted to play half an arcane mage with heals, I would’ve rolled an elemental shaman back in the day, not a shadowpriest…
    Edited by Schnorki on 9/12/2011 12:12 PM PDT
    85 Goblin Priest
    •What type of content do you focus on? Both

•If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids

•If PvP, what type of PvP? Arenas/Bg's

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Leap of faith and Cure Disease taking you out of shadow form.

•What makes playing your class more fun? Ability to multidot effeciently, Having to use Dots to dps and have a big nuke like MB

•What makes playing your class less fun? Having DP the only effective dps ability to cast while moving on a target above 25% health, very mana intense.

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? Rotation as shadow seems solid enough, but the RNG of orbs can really hold you back.

•What’s on your wish list for your class? Fix the RNG nature of Shadow orbs, Make Curse Disease and Leap of faith not take you out of shadow form. Make mind control a reliable CC or mind sooth Repent like, as Shackle relies on the mob being undead. Make Divine hymn more powerful/shorter CD for disc/holy, so those specs have a burst raid heal.

•What spells do you use the least? In PvE, Mind control, Mind Soothe, Mind Vision, Wanding.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]