100 Undead Priest
(100% Discipline for this expansion.)

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Rated BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I run slow. :(

What makes playing your class more fun?
Huge toolbox, the entirety of which sees a fair bit of use. I really love spells like Mind Soothe and Mind Vision that are pretty useless in combat, but can be helpful and convenient in certain situations.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Nothing, really? I've loved the Priest since I started playing in BC, and I feel that they're generally decently balanced -- not the absolute best flavor-of-the-month, but competitive, which is a nice place to be.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
No rotation, thank god.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
A stun, interrupt and/or snare as Disc that doesn't require being up close and personal with the target.

More healing from Divine Hymn and/or more mana from Hymn of Hope would be nice; they seem to give paltry returns for spells that requires standing still and channeling for that long.

What spells do you use the least?
Heal. I don't use it anymore; the only fights in which mana is an issue are the fights where, if I'm going to be casting something for 2.3 seconds, it had better hit hard and make a big bubble.

Holy Nova doesn't get much use aside from interrupting flag caps and farming low-level content.
Edited by Mossylawn on 9/12/2011 12:21 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
At the moment, I'm mostly PvE with a sprinkle of PvP.

Well, my guild just killed H Ragnaros so I'm into fairly hardcore raiding.

My PvP has been focused around 3s, shadow and disc.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

PvE: The fact that I absolutely adore holy, and would play it 100% of the time if allowed, but because of my lack of a real "raid cooldown" (Barrier, Totem, Divine Guardian, AM, etc) I am forced to go disc. This issue wasn't really huge in t11, I don't think I ever really was forced into disc there. It's really been a big deal in Firelands though.

PvP: Well, I feel disc doesn't bring nearly as much to the table to protect themselves/their teammates. After playing a resto shaman for a bit, I just couldn't believe how much more control over the situation I had. It may be a resto shaman issue, but disc really could use a lot of the things resto shaman have going on. (Also, this ties into shadow, but a melee range AoE fear is awesome sometimes, but a lot of the time I'm finding it really does 0 to help me. Ex, a Death Knight is on me. Okay, goodbye world.)
Shadow is really fun, and really powerful atm. I love playing it, but most arena matches end in me oom and doing /flop. The mana requirement on shadow seems a lot higher than most other dps specs, so that we go oom disproportionately earlier than anyone else. Our escapes rely a lot on the team properly supporting, but our "Fade-freedom" does nothing against things like Desecration, which leads to "WHY IS THIS DK ON ME WHY WON'T HE JUST LEAVE ME ALONE I CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO HIM OR RUN AWAY". >.>

I love that I'm a very powerful and versatile healer in holy, I can cover for a tank healer if they die, I can keep the raid up like a champ, etc.
I love shadow so much in PvP because it gives me the same feel my affliction warlock had, but this time I can heal myself!

Death Knights. >.> And being oom. And Divine Hymn being.. eh.
And the lack of ANY spirit cloth drops from Firelands. It's really NO FUN getting basically zero loot over the weeks and weeks of raiding, simply because we weren't itemized for. And no, cloth without spirit will never go to a healing priest over a dps in any hardcore raiding guild. And as holy, I'm not even sure I really want to lose that much spirit. I'm already strapped for mana when I'm pushing myself hard enough, and losing my main source of regen sucks. (Btw, if you have to drop one type of gear from the loot tables, why would you choose spirit cloth over spirit plate? 3 specs vs 1 spec. Come on. :( )
Also, Conqueror token. It has sucked since BT/Hyjal. =( We're 0/9 for Domo the past 3 weeks.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I haven't played shadow a whole lot since 4.2, but I really love the rotation. It's very interesting, and keeps me entertained.
Holy doesn't really have much of a "rotation", but my spell usage per fight is always interesting and enjoyable. That's why I made a priest!

A better raid cooldown for holy, mana improvements (I guess these come with gear), some really awesome tier sets (haven't been too impressed lately, but I'm spoiled from how awesome the BC/Ulduar sets were).

Mind Soothe! =P
But seriously, now that I've "graduated" from it, I very rarely cast Heal. Almost never. But I get a fair use out of basically all of my other spells, especially after H Ragnaros. (Btw, more than happy to provide World of Logs if you guys would like to see my spell breakdowns/etc)

Thank you guys for taking the time to do this in a structured way, and I hope this is helpful.
Edited by Schrei on 9/12/2011 10:18 AM PDT
85 Gnome Priest
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVP

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BGs and Arenas.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Mastery useful for one spell alone and shield easily broken and dispelled

# What makes playing your class more fun?

Offensive healer

# What makes playing your class less fun?

Few Defensive spells such as Shaman's Wind Shear and Grounding Totem.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Terrible pvp healing rotation, when the focus is on the priest, there arent many spell he can use to help him.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

-No Rapture cooldow and Divine Aegis for all the heals
- Atonement as a core Disc Ability, not a talent, disc priest not even have smite on the bars.
-Run for your life spells such as Shaman's Ghost Wolf , Resto Druids Shapeshifting and Paladin's Divine Shield.

# What spells do you use the least?

Archangel, Mind Soothe, Smite and Heal .
Edited by Hayna on 9/17/2011 12:03 PM PDT
85 Gnome Priest
PvE / HOLY

Raids, 10man

1. CHAKRA: this is a dumb mechanic. No other healing spec needs to choose and gets penalized for being in the wrong healing mode. It is just another hoop holy priests need to jump through. WHY. We have enough stuff to monitor and track as it is.

2. LIGHTWELL, specifically:
Telling my raid to click lightwell. (*and note, my raid isn't dumb, they do click it but they have their own characters and rotations and cooldowns and fire to stand in)
Having lightwell disappear when there are still charges left because of the raid/dungeon encounter design that forces me to move way far away from it. (Al'akir, Conclave of Wind, Deadmines)
Trying to click lightwell when there are HUGE FLAPPING WINGS IN MY FACE.
Trying to click lightwell and failing since the boss's hitbox is the entire room.

3. HYMN OF HOPE, Shadowfiend
Why does our mana cooldown require us to CHANNEL a spell and then it gives more mana back to other players in the raid than us...? Why does our shadowfiend NOT automatically attack? Why is it so dumb?

sparkles, instant casts, body and soul, sparkles

1. Managing groups for optimizing Prayer of Healing

2. Stacking raids since Holy relies so much on other classes' buffs (REPLENISHMENT, MANA TIDE), they make a huge difference
--->> In 10mans, if you bring a holy priest you most likely won't have a shadow priest/resto druid... (the only other specs that bring replenishment are: frost mage, destro lock, ret pally)

3. The loud annoying buzzing hum from Chakra. and Inner focus. Oh My God.

See above. also:

FIX HOLY, other more eloquent priests have typed up lengthy posts outlining Holy's issues in raids, especially in heroic raiding, and proposed various fixes.

Give us a raid cooldown on par with all the other healing specs. Holy has nothing. There is literally no reason to bring a holy priest when you can change specs to disc or just bring a resto druid. Holy is subpar in PVE, subpar in PVP... What is this I don't even

DON'T TAKE AWAY MY SPARKLES PLEASE (a la divine aegis)
All spells have their uses.

Oh please fix mind vision kthx, the tooltip is wrong. The range is so not what it says it is.
Edited by Confetti on 9/12/2011 10:24 AM PDT
85 Gnome Priest
As a disc priest pvp

What type of content do you focus on? PvP

If PvP, what type of PvP? Arenas +Rated BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? (pvp) fear ward(dispellable/stealable if used at wrong time, 3min cd) vs berserk rage/tremor, shadow fiend can get cced/snared/stunned

What makes playing your class more fun? leap of faith <3, surge of light ( needs a better proc imo) , penance, shields, pain supression, inner focus, power infusion, shadow word death, holy fire

What makes playing your class less fun? little mobility/escapes/dispellable fears on 27 sec cd with pvp gloves.

What’s on your wish list for your class? (pvp wise) cleanse poison (only healer without dispel poisons) or decurse, a shackle for demons, a more useful gap opener vs shaman teams and cleave teams, especially warriors (immune to fears)

What spells do you use the least? (for pvp) fade (make it a light version of evasion? chance to miss for 3 seconds?), prayer of healing, cure disease (cure poison too?), power word: barrier (should use it more, but i get ccd/pulled out/feared out/stunned, makes it not to useful for only 10 sec), mind soothe (maybe make it like old elune's grace, reduces the casting range of the target?)

overall i think priests are a great for pvp.
Edited by Makebelieve on 9/12/2011 11:04 AM PDT
100 Troll Priest
-both. Shadow for pve, Disc for pvp

-25m raiding. Very rarely 10m

-BGs, occasional arena

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
-Shadow Orbs often NEVER proccing, resulting in lower dps. RNG is stupid when it interferes with a massive part of our class. We could also use another instant cast spell.

-the rotation is something you have to pay attention to without being too hard

-Shadow Orbs. Damn those Shadow Orbs

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
-Easy without being too easy, and it requires good attention to what buffs you have up. Also, I know I sound like a broken record here, but Shadow Orbs are truly frustrating at times.

-Increase proc rate of Shadow Orbs. I've gone 6-7 MF casts with SW:P up with no orbs.
-Give Disc more mobility in pvp
-More mobility for Shadow pve. Right now, we have SW:D, DP, and that's it. DPS really goes down on fights that require movement.
-I would also like another cooldown that increases our damage. Right now, we have Archangel and Dispersion, and only one of those is a dps cooldown.

-Mind Soothe while non-questing
-Mind Spike when not on Rag
Edited by Byniri on 9/12/2011 10:06 AM PDT
85 Goblin Priest
What type of content do you focus on?
PvE with small amounts of PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Raids & Heroics

If PvP, what type of PvP?
Arenas & BGs

Doing dailies. I have to choose between only bringing 1 of my 2 healing specs to a raid, spending 100g and 40 minutes per day respeccing and setting up action bars again, or spending 5 times as long as anyone else on dailies. I'm questioning whether or not it's Blizzard's intention to force Priests to choose between Disc or Holy, as opposed to having both available within a given raid. As a side note, I don't mind spending the 100g per day. It's the 20 minutes of setting up action bars over and over and over that really causes me to give up and find other things to do in my free time.

Having played all 5 healing specs in Cataclysm, and with the revamp of healing with Cataclysm, it seems that Priests fit most into the triage healing style. Priests have always had more healing spells than they know what to do with, and with Cataclysm, you gave each of those spells a purpose. It's fun to feel like my class is designed around the game for a change, rather than it being an afterthought.

I wouldn't say that it's a problem, and I'd never like to see it removed, but: Having two healing specs means that you never get a chance to get settled into a spec and fall in love with it. You're constantly changing things up, sometimes "mainspeccing" one of the two for a couple of weeks, sometimes swapping multiple times within one raid night. However, as I stated before, it seems like a necessary evil.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I love the sheer amount of healing spells that Priests have at their disposal. Both Discipline and Holy have very engaging spell priorities if approached correctly.

Giving Holy a useful raid cooldown. (because Divine Hymn is a joke in it's current form)

What spells do you use the least? Holy Nova and, with the recent threat change, Fade.
Edited by Lebedot on 9/12/2011 10:00 AM PDT
100 Goblin Priest
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
N/A

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
As far as priests go, I can't really think of anything. Maybe changing levitate so it doesn't require any reagents so we can swap that glyph, but other then that nothing else really.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
A sense of purpose in what I am doing. I have to feel that my heals are DOING something, and that when I dps that my actions are having an effect on the encounter. "Rotations" also need to feel smooth, but have to be complicated to make the playstyle fun as well. It is just really important that it doesn't feel clunky.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Clunky mechanics/rotations. Especially shadow orb RNG. Changing shadow orbs to be more consistent and allowing shadow's mastery to work without having to rely on an RNG proc would take away a lot of the frustration I feel when I play my priest.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I love the shadow "rotation", except that shadow orb procs are very susceptible to RNG. Evnagelism stacking adds a little complication to the spec, the same as watching for trinket procs and learning when to refresh, but having to stack during AoE situations to keep mind sears damage up is really annoying. A nice change would be to allow mind sear to stack dark evangelism.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Shadow Orb RNG fix/update. Something added that makes it not so prone to bad RNG, such as a % chance to proc added to our mastery, or 1-3 orbs produced tied to a cd, such as archangel.

Change to Hymn of Hope to make it give back more mana to the priest. Since you have to channel it and not able to heal at all while it is in progress, having it give back more mana would be a nice tradeoff. Currently it feels very underwhelming and not worth using unless you are really sc**%@%! the bottom of your mana pool.

■What spells do you use the least? Mind Soothe, Mind Vision
85 Blood Elf Paladin
-What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE

-If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids

-What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

PoH's group mechanic. Ungh. Please, PLEASE think of something else.

-What makes playing your class more fun?

The variety of healing spells.

-What makes playing your class less fun?

Chakra. It feels more like your healing potential is cut in half rather than you're excelling in one area of healing. The old tree form had the same type of problem, except in our case were sacrificing one type of healing (single or multi target) in order to be merely on par in another type of healing. If you take a look at Druids for example they get a lot of our Serenity and Sanctuary bonuses full time. (HoT refreshes, instant single target heal, reduced CD on WG, ground based HoT, increased crit)

-How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I generally dislike any semblance of a rotation when healing. Especially when on a Holy Priest. That spec is all about matching the right heal at the right time and place. Rotation like mechanics such as CDs on core healing spells interfere with that style of healing. I generally prefer balancing through things like mana cost and cast times instead.

-What’s on your wish list for your class?

More healing spells made viable.
More graphic / visible spell effects. CoH for example is a Holy Priest staple. You never actually see it though.

-What spells do you use the least?

In order of least to most: Holy Word: Sanctuary, Holy Nova (more in BGs), Heal, Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Binding Heal, Renew. Technically HW: Serenity should also be on this list because I'm rarely in the Serenity state.
Edited by Highbeams on 9/12/2011 7:22 PM PDT
90 Worgen Priest

PVE Shadow

H Raids and Heroics

N/A

Shadow Orbs and their Proc chance. With so much being put onto Heroic Fights for DPS, not getting orbs and doing over 25% less damage due to it is very frustrating. Getting something that would allow us to create an orb would help out tremendously

I love Spriests mainly due to being different that everyone else. We get a second set of mounts (shadowformed) and we never have to worry too much over how our gear looks due to shadowform. Plus, there are times where being shadow allows for better utility, the extra CD, while not as big as normal healing priests, is better than other DPS casters. We time the use of our hymns (me and our other spriest).

Low mobility. We are the only range caster without any overall nice speed boost or ability to move a distance (locks of their circle, mages have blink, even druids have cat form and shammys have their GW form). While having the Worgen Racial, there are times where it is still short on mobility use, not even talking about other races who don't have that.

Also, As described above, the Orb proc can really dampen things. Example is during H Nef fight. While we were learning and doing the fight, there were entire P1's where I never got an orb until the transition. "Can I please have an orb" is common over vent in our raids on dps heavy fights.

No problems with the rotation. I enjoy watching dot timers and the like. One of the reasons I enjoy the class.

Some ability to be able to proc an orb, or say give an orb if there is none. Example, use SWD > 25% is normally, in Firelands appropriate gear, only done while on the move and if you need mana, otherwise IMP DP gives more dmg. Add in the ability that SWD will give you an orb if you take damage from it and have none would allow us get that orb when we don't have one when we really need one.

Give IMP VE back. VE was one of the main reasons why I ran as shadow. The ability to provide healing, while extremely diminished, was helpful. It meant that, those groups where we had a little group with, toss the spriest in there and they would help over VE heals. Except that it is now almost ridiculous. I still get put into groups, but its more of due to the nature of the group, like Starfox group for Alysrazor.

besides healing spells, since I am really only shadow:

Mind Soothe
Abolish Disease
Shackle Undead (not had to use it this expansion for any Heroics and/or Raids)
90 Draenei Priest

PvP, with the occasional heroic on the side. I don't raid.

Heroics.

Arena (as Discipline).

Not sure how to properly answer this question, because it more often has to do with certain abilities of other classes that seem to be far too powerful when applied to priests. I guess I will focus on that.

More specifically, cast time debuffs such as Necrotic Strike, Curse of Tongues, and Mind Numbing Poison have too great of an effect on priests compared to other healers. Other than PW:S, Prayer of Mending, and Renew, we rely on spells with a cast time to do most of our healing, and these 3 abilities have an absolutely devastating effect on our ability to actually cast.

Another issue that needs to be fixed is CC spells such as Fear and Frost Nova ignoring absorbed damage when determining whether the spell has reached its damage threshold and needs to break. This absolutely has to change.

Versatility. I love the fact that priests have the option to play extremely offensive when needed, and also have good defensive capabilities.

There is nothing specifically related to priests that I find hinders my enjoyment of the game.

This question isn't really applicable to PvP, so I don't feel that I can provide a satisfactory answer.

Better mobility. Speaking specifically from a PvP point of view, it is extremely frustrating being so vulnerable to melee classes and having no way to get away. The 4pc arena set bonus is good, but an additional escape ability would be nice to have. It's why we're sort of forced to play with mages and rely on their ability to peel for us.

Heal. I feel the whole healer homogenization and revamp for Cataclysm was a massive failure. Long cast time spells will never ever ever work in PvP.
85 Draenei Priest
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics & Raids combined. Mainly Raids.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] When I DO pvp it's usually just BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. I can't think of any right now.

What makes playing your class more fun? All the different heals for different situations. (Binding heal=GREAT idea)

What makes playing your class less fun? The fact that we are still CLOTH healers. If we had a Holy-Form I'd be a little less upset. See below ;-)

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Not so much of a rotation for Holy priests ;-)

What’s on your wish list for your class? Turning Hymn of Hope into a "Manawell". The way the spell is designed right now makes it far less usefull. Turning it into a "Manawell" can make it easier for fights where we have to spread out and makes it easier for those who need the mana most (healers) to get the opportunity to receive it. All in all, it'd be utilized far more often. It's just poorly designed right now. Also...we have a "Shadowform" for shadow...why not a "Holy-form" for the holy tree? (Or make Chakra take on a holy form like the shadowform) I'm sure there is a way you can design this so get those brains workin'!! ;-)
Bring back our Spirit buff please.

What spells do you use the least? Holy Fire & Mind Soothe
100 Blood Elf Priest
PVE, I don't do much PVP but I do some.

I raid 10man Normal modes exclusively due to time constraints.

I only rarely do Rated BGs when I PVP at all.

The use of Chakra. Some fights I can sit in one state. When I need to change state quickly (like for Beth'tilac), I feel locked in due to the cooldown. I like being able to adapt, but sometimes even the 30sec cooldown hurts. It seems this sort of clashes with how the adaptability aspect goes, and I'm really not sure how it could be made better without a completely passive bonus (which would be OP).

For example, on Alysrazor, being able to change Chakra mid-fight to adapt to the phases. I feel this gives me a lot of flexibility and not be stuck in one role. I wish more fights would allow for this capability without being too harsh!

Honestly, I'm a Holy Priest at heart. I hate "having" to go Disc for mechanical reasons. Ideally Holy should work in every situation, but there are some fights where the mana consumption does not lend to Holy (like Baleroc). Additionally, having no "raid-saving" ability hurts too. So to sum up, I hate feeling like I'm forced to have both healing specs to be a healer.

Holy rotation is a little... unusual? :) I like how both Chakra states have instant, cooldown heals (Circle of Healing, Holy Word: Serenity). It makes healing a lot more fun, compared to the days of Burning Crusade up through Wrath Naxx. Unfortunately, I do feel like the mana efficiency for Holy is really poor. If I'm counted on sustained massive healing, I can easily run myself out of mana for the entirety of the fight. I feel like I've embraced the "burst/rest" style in Firelands, but it feels so different compared to my Paladin and Shaman.

-Better mana efficiency, or a streamlined style of healing. I like being able to interact in a fight, not just stand and dodge while regenerating mana. Some fights do a good job at helping, like Alysrazor. If I have to burst heal a lot, I'd really like some help like that fight or old Kalecgos in Sunwell!

-Less clutter in the spellbook. My Priest has some exotic bar setups compared to my Pally or even my Warrior tank! Sure, I could cut some "situational" spells like Shackle... but other than the very rarely used I don't feel like I could without loss of effectiveness.

-Best Tier set designs of the classes! I collect them all anyway. :)

Holy Nova - I last used this in Wrath to quest and tag mobs quickly. I don't think I've EVER used it to heal.

Hymn of Hope - I do use this rarely while Shadowfiend is out, but often I feel like stopping healing just to channel feels like a huge gamble. I remember the old Draenei Priest Racial and drooling about how effective it was. Having to channel (which means no healing output) and not even being guaranteed to get my own buff (which means no mana gain) feels wrong.

Divine Hymn - Not enough incentive to use it, especially compared to other cooldowns available in the raid. I GUESS a Shadow Priest might use it in serious emergencies but I don't use it myself.

Inner Will - I almost think I should I use this more but the choice between it and Inner Fire doesn't feel fun. Holy has a lot of cast-time spells compared to Disc, so having a passive Spellpower boost is more beneficial. The move-speed increase is not a big increase over the Boot enchant or Meta gem as well. I generally just stay in Inner Fire...

Cure Disease, Shackle Undead - specialized spells. I LIKE not having to CC, so I am grateful for no Shackle use. For Disease, I generally don't see that type of debuff with so many Magic debuffs out. I wonder if the game is just going to go entirely to Magic debuffs with respect to dispels... I feel like Halion's debuff worked, being Curse/Magic. I don't know, there just aren't enough disease-types out in PVE.
100 Human Priest
PvE

Heroics / Raids / Achievements

N/A

My primary quality-of-life complaint currently is the relative power of my heals compared to the mana pools of those I care for. I do not have a big whammie heal to hit a suddenly spiked player, and must play a game of "fill the bucket with a thimble" to stabilize and/or save them.

Another QoL issue I have is with itemization, but that's specific to Firelands. If this is the wave of the future, then I would like for it to be reconsidered as it's frustrating. If this is an aberration, ignore this comment. :)

I like bringing something unique to the table. I would like to enter an environment knowing that I'm just as effective as another healer, yet I do my job differently than someone else.

I also like knowing that I can turn the tide of a battle with some well-placed heals and/or saving CDs. This also ties in with the next question below.

I like the cloth-wearing healing class very much. Healing classes all appeal to me, but priests specifically fill the RP needs I have very well.

It is less fun to enter the environment and feel like I'm the same as every other healer only with white/gold colored spells. I do not like feeling like I'm a detriment to my group because I've chosen a class/spec that is unable to complete the task at hand.

I am not enjoying the ripping of my power to save a group from it's own failure. I don't want to be a demi-god with unlimited powers, but I don't think it hurts to have someone in a group capable of pulling victory from the jaws of defeat. Sometimes, as a healer, I feel invisible, and being able to pull a rabbit from the hat (i.e., saving someone on Al'akir with a Life Grip) is one of those magical moments that makes me glad I play support. I'd like more of that back and less "if anyone in the group fails, you all fail."

I don't have a rotation since I react to the environment I'm in, but I do find the long CDs on some of my spells (Penance, for example) to be maddening in intense situations. I like monitoring CDs because it's part of the playstyle that I enjoy, but some of them seem really long for the benefit that's returned.

1. Please update the spell graphics for my heals. Penance is awesome. I don't look at much during the intensity of an encounter, but when I do, I'd like to see pretty sparkles. Additionally, please update the "flat" appearance of the Power Word:Shield graphic.

2. Please give me a "save" button I can use on the move. If I need to move and need to drop a big heal as well, I'm out of luck. It would be nice to have something that can assist me in these situations so I don't feel helpless to salvage the situation.

3. Please return power to the healing spells. I enjoyed TBC's healing style quite a bit, and very much enjoyed the FSR dance of the vanilla days. Going from 80 to 85 was very deflating, and while I've adjusted okay to the current model, it would be nice to feel powerful like my DPS counterparts.

4. Please update the combat logs to provide us with all the power information we need -- accurate absorbs and mitigation information would be very helpful.

Remove Disease
Binding Heal
Renew
Heal (in raids, not 5 mans)
Mind Control (loved having a need for this)
85 Gnome Priest
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
pve

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
10-man normal

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
-

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
forgetting my inner buff at times and shadow orbs proccing too seldomly

# What makes playing your class more fun?
i enjoy healing in general, and being a gnome makes it the best of the 4 healing classes :P
i'm main spec disc, and i find the absorption-type abilities the most enjoyable

# What makes playing your class less fun?
power word: shield scaling horribly and my mastery (disc) requiring me to crit for it to have any other use
no instant-cast heals as disc

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
for shadow, it feels like a life draining affliction warlock, but with better burst and aoe

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
~changing the way shadow orbs work, i love the appearance of them and i don't want that to change, but the proc is just horrible sometimes and it causes a long time to ramp up in the beginning of some fights
~reducing the cooldown on leap of faith <3
~a possible holy dps type spec integrated into the disc tree (more in-depth than just the current atonement build)
~gnome priests get extra love

# What spells do you use the least?
mind soothe
85 Draenei Priest
PvE
Heroic Raid content

The requirement for good dps to keep empowered shadows active is frustrating. On a high-dps required boss fight when not proc'ing a single orb for as long as 20 seconds is infuriating. Due to the nature of trinkets and procs our class will usually have, this often leads to several procs being wasted. (I.e. I have Theralion's Mirror, Darkmoon Card: Volcano, Power Torrent, Lightweave Embroidery) The nature of our mastery requires us to then ruin our dps rotation, breaking the normal flow of things in order to recast spells dependent on what proc has become available to us.

In addition, Mind Sear bothers me as in order for it to do it's proper full damage, you need your mastery to be active as well as 5/5 evangelism. This is very difficult to obtain and time so that you maximize dps on AOE packs during boss fights (i.e. Rhyolith, can't manage the empowered shadows and evangelism when two packs of fragments appear one after the other, you usually lose your buff as they have just spawned)
Unique dps rotation, it's more then a single button spam.
Less utility in raids. Only 1 "survival" cooldown that is useful to soak damage dependant on the fight- And while using this cooldown you cannot dps or do anything else.
I like our rotation. The only objection I have is again to the number of procs we have and the way it functions with our dots, requirements to re-cast and Empowered Shadows uptime.
More AOE heals. I remember doing M'uru back in Sunwell. I was doing about 1600dps and about 2000hps. Shadow heals used to be something that was great for raids. Now it's just mediocre offheals. Up the co-efficient and make it a more significant contributor to raid heals once more!
Mind soothe, anything that heals, dispel (since recent changes), mass dispel (only useful for PvP Pally bubbles and Daakara in ZA currently for bear form creeping paralysis)
Edited by Fatirish on 9/12/2011 10:08 AM PDT
85 Draenei Priest
I am a shadow priest, so my answers pertain to that spec solely.

Mainly PvE, though I do dabble in PvP

-25 Man raiding

-The occasional heroics

Arenas and Rated BGs

Not sure if this is considered a QoL issue or not, but the amount of backlash that can be taken from SW:Death is at times extremely deadly. While I understand that part of the skill of a Shadow Priest is to pay attention to your health and know when it's safe to use SW:Death, it seems wrong that there are multiple encounters in the game where using SW:Death can/will kill you, especially when those encounters rely on heavy burn phases. It seems unfair that Shadow Priests are the only class in danger of killing themselves by using their execute.

-High survivability

-The ability to multi-dot

-Mind flay pewpew lasers!

-High Ramp Up time (casting 3 dots on a target, waiting for Shadow Orbs in order to proc Empowered Shadows, waiting for 5 stacks of Dark Evangelism)

-How extremely damaging bad Shadow Orb RNG is to our DPS

-The fact that our mastery is not a passive bonus; it relies on a separate mechanic via Shadow Orbs, and we are one of the only (if not THE only) class/spec that needs to spend points in our talent tree in order to get the most out of our mastery

-The fact that our mastery is dispellable

-No reliable way to get disengage from melee in PvP. We lack mobility severely in PvP (and I think the fact that Shadow Priests need to get the healing PvP 4-pc for serious PvP content says something about that).

-Having terrible mana issues in PvP.

We have more of a priority than a rotation, but I enjoy how it is with the exception of the ramp up time.

-No more (or much lower) backlash damage from SW:Death (I'd even be ok with this being made in to a Major Glyph - the trade off for using the glyph is you'd no longer get mana back via Masochism when you SW:Death)

-Not having to spend a point in Vampiric Embrace in order to get to the bread and butter of our tree. The amount of healing that VE does these days pales in comparison to what it used to, and it doesn't feel like it should be a mandatory talent anymore.

-Silence and Psychic Horror switching spots in the talent tree. It's bad enough that we'd have to spend a talent point in order to even get an interrupt for PvE. As it stands now though, we have to waste two points in Imp Fear in order to get it. Those two points are already spent in much needed talents.

-A 1-2 min CD that we can pop that would instantly grant us Shadow Orbs. That way we can help even out the times when we get dry spells of orbs in order to keep Empowered Shadows running. It would also come in handy if we know there is an add or shield we need to burn down, we could pop that CD and know we have the orbs to give us a bigger Mind Blast.

-Leap of Faith being usable in Shadowform

-Gift of the Naruu being usable in Shadowform (not being able to use my racial without dropping Shadowform sucks!)

-Hymn of Hope being usable in Shadowform (this spell used to be awesome in BC when it was Symbol of Hope, now I hardly use it because the benefit of the mana gain is just about negated after I spend the mana to shift back in to Shadowform)

-Some sort of way to get away from melee in PvP. Perhaps Dispersion can pulse an AoE knockback when we have it up or something like that.

-Making Inner Will runspeed stack with boot enchants like Blizzard said it would before Cata!

-Mind Soothe (though it does come in handy, especially when running old content if you want to 'ninja' past mobs that would otherwise aggro without a mind soothe)

-Cure Disease

-Shackle Undead

-Mind Vision

-Mind Control

-Leap of Faith

-Both Hymn spells

-Inner Will

-Any of the heals (I only play Shadow though, so that is to be expected)
Edited by Rubine on 9/12/2011 10:40 AM PDT
100 Human Priest
Disc MS, Shadow (sometimes holy) OS

What type of content do you focus on?
PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
10m normals, heroic dungeons

If PvP, what type of PvP?
BGs

- As many others have said, but I feel I should mention: long CD on divine hymn for low output. This should be reduced in both healing specs to better compete with Tranquility and other raid CD's. This should be a class wide change, and not be limited to just holy priests.
- Healing with more than one disc priest in a raid is still not optimal, even with the ability to remove other priests WS debuff.
- Disc Mastery. The message that Blizzard sends regarding how Disc should gear stat priority are mixed and confusing. You give us a mastery that effects only our shields (DA/PW:S), then raise the mana cost of PW:S. For undergeared disc priests, this is an issue. You tried decreasing our rapture returns, you cut the length of PW:S in half, and we're supposed to like our mastery!? I try to gear against mastery because, as I only run 10mans, and we already have two raid healers, I feel the size of my tank heals (and the crit that comes with them) is more important. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if there's a second disc priest, and they are a shield spammer with massive mastery, then your heals are not completely garbage because all you've done is focus mastery. Which goes back to the problem of having a second disc priest in a raid.

I love life-grip, and I love my PW:S. AA healing is fun.

Shadow Orbs. Weakened Soul. Increased PW:S mana cost, reduced Rapture returns, reduced PW:S length.

DISC: It hasn't really changed since Wrath, which is nice.
SHADOW: I'm not really happening on the shadow orb proc. It's really unreliable and it makes it hard to base a rotation around something so unreliable.

- Hymn of Hope always affecting the caster, regardless if they have among the lowest three mana pools or not.
- The holy fire DOT left from AA healing should heal more. 500hp a tick is miniscule.
- Bubble speed boost from shields should also be given to disc priests. Why it wasn't given to disc in the first place is just stupid, mainly because Holy priests don't shield ever. Such a waste.
- An interrupt? Chastise doesn't count in my opinion. But every other healer has an interrupt, (Shaman - Windshear, Pally - Rebuke, Druid can swap forms and skull bash, I believe) I'd like to have an interrupt.

Mind vision. It's cool, but I don't use it.
Edited by Daysie on 9/12/2011 10:49 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]