Class Feedback – Priest

(Locked)

85 Human Priest
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
What type of content do you focus on?

Currently on my Priest, PvP. Got burnt out on raiding in Tier 11.

If PvE, what type of PvE?

Sometimes Heroics with friends, Perhaps the occasional raid.

If PvP, what type of PvP?

Arenas, Rated Battlegrounds, and Random Battlegrounds (ONLY for gear/enchants)

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Having to spend like 4+ global cooldowns (as Shadow) to rebuff after rezzing is about the only one I can think of.

What makes playing your class more fun?

LEAP OF FAITH! (My Priest's name is even Lifegrip ^_^ ) Penance, Prayer of Mending, Mass Dispel, Divine Aegis, Shadow Word: Death, and Power Word: Shield.

What makes playing your class less fun?

No real +mana cooldown for Disc in PvP, all we have is Shadowfiend (4+ min CD) and Hymn of Hope (5 min CD) unless I'm forgetting something (I don't consider Rapture (talent) as a mana cooldown). Getting trained by a DK who knows how to press Necrotic Strike.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

Well, PvP isn't so much rotation, but as far as how everything plays out, I feel it's in a good spot.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

A "Divine Plea" type spell for Priests. Something like Innervate or the like. Shorter CD for Shadowfiend. Divine Hymn needs some love (for PvP and PvE).

What spells do you use the least?

Mind Vision (But I still like it!), Shackle Undead (still like this too). Mind Soothe (I would like a change to this spell, so it actually finds a place on my bars.)
Edited by Lifegrip on 9/13/2011 4:19 PM PDT
85 Goblin Priest
* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Shadow PvE / Some Disc PvP

* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics, Raids, Cutting edge Progression

* If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Rated BGs, 2s

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Shadow Orbs refusing to proc at the start of a fight. Too random, too low of a chance. Would like a way to always have one available at the pull of a fight.

* What makes playing your class more fun?
Fluidity of mindflay, DoTs. Mindspike/Mind Blast burst damage.

* What makes playing your class less fun?
Hoping for shadow orbs. Relying on them to be able to do any sort of DPS.

* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
It's fine.

* What’s on your wish list for your class?

More orbs, a CD to use to generate one.

* What spells do you use the least?
Mind Soothe. Mind Vision. Divine Hymn is also a pathetic "CD".
100 Undead Priest
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics/Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
This is more technical than related to playing a priest, but when my mouse cursor is over a party member's unit frame, I don't like that I can't use mouse buttons 3/4/5 to cast spells with @mouseover macros.
Another issue I have is with targetting circles for Sanctuary and Lightwell, and being able to accidentally place those on the ceiling (where they are useless) due to my high camera angle + decorative stuff on the ceiling.
An actual priest-related issue that I do have issue with is how Leap of Faith doesn't always work due to positioning; if the player I'm casting on were a mob, then they would be evading the spell.

I enjoy managing many spells (DoTs/HoTs) and short cooldowns when healing in Holy and when melting faces in Shadow. I also enjoy using Levitate, Body and Soul, and Mind Soothe for getting around. Triage and having to pay attention to my mana usage is also really fun.

Being mind controlled by mobs. I hate it when a mob will use one of my Hymns. Those are my last resorts, and having them used without benefit can make an already-tedious heroic run even more tedious.
I don't like how inconsistent the damage is between boss fights. Some fights will be all about triage, while others I can get away with switching to Shadow and letting the other healers deal with the laughable amounts of incoming damage.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
As Holy, I enjoy the Serendipity mechanic. Building 3 stacks and maintaining it, in combination with managing Renew, PoM, and CoH, makes playing as Holy feel very organic. And with mouseover casting, it (physically) feels like weaving, or conducting an orchestra.

As Discipline, it feels more like whack-a-mole. Disc just doesn't engage me as well as Holy does, and I hate it.

Hymn of Hope always affecting the caster, regardless if they have among the lowest three mana pools or not.

Divine Hymn, too long of a cooldown for too little of healing.
Mind Soothe, not enough humanoids, and rarely positioned in a way to make the spell useful.
Mind Vision, between phasing, view distances, and what mobs can/cannot be targetted, there is no point in using it unless looking for a very specific mob/player in a predesignated area.
85 Goblin Priest
Ire
-Pve

-Raids

-The versatility of a priest. I like being holy when i need to aoe heal and swapping to disc when i'm needed as a tank healer.

-Being outhealed by a resto druid who is in ilvl 353 gear when im 376... No really... I work my butt off and barely do 50% of the healing they pull off...

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
-Healers dont have solid rotations, but im good with my reactiveness to different situations.

-A solid 3minute CD for holy that can pull the same amount of healing as tranquility or Tree of life form. 30 stacks on beth'tilac phase 2? I'll use divine hymn! Oh wait, the druid just tranq'd... might as well have thrown a pebble into the ocean

-Holy Nova. It's useless. there are VERY limited circumstances to when you should use holy nova and then if you mess that up its wasted.
87 Blood Elf Priest
#What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

#If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids

#If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Bgs

#What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
For Holy priests the over-reliance on spirit compared to other healing specs. Too much emphasis is placed on heroic 5 mans, and the mass running of them really greatly diminishes their fun for all classes.

#What makes playing your class more fun?
The complexity and variety of priest healing spells allows for a great deal of decision making, and rewards those decisions appropriately.

#What makes playing your class less fun?
In pvp being unable to cast is unfun, but spell pushback is enraging. Atonement (like most smart heals) is too easy, and like all the healer 'dps' talents is boring and not very fun to boot. I confess that the ease with which resto druids do much of their healing diminishes my sense of accomplishment both from playing my class well, and defeating encounters.

#How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I'm not sure that healers really have a rotation, please don't let PW:S spam come back.

#What’s on your wish list for your class?
An actual escape mechanism for tunneling melee that allows more of my survival to be dependent on me, and require less babysitting from teammates to create space in the face of gap closers. Shadowfiend's AI is terrible, and it would be nice if it could be made smarter, and maybe a little harder to completely hard-counter. Divine Hymn needs some work. Dual spec is way better than one spec, but it would really be nice to be able to get another set so I could be more flexible for my raid group without losing the pvp spec. It's simply inconvenient, if I want to respec I will, but then everyone has to wait. I think we're mostly in a good place in PvE.

#What spells do you use the least?
Holy Nova really is only good for pvp for the damage component, as a healing spell it's pretty terrible. Otherwise I feel like my priest uses more spells than the other healers
85 Goblin Priest

Both.

Raids.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arenas.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I don't think there's any issue in that way.

I like being able to swap between shadow and disc in PvE and doing well in both.

Shadow Orb procs. Seriously. Oh, and the 'oh-so-great Divine Hymn' while raiding.

It's easy and entertaining.

Divine Hymn being viable in raids. It is useful as a +10% healing but having a HUGE cooldown and not a relatively good heal like tranquility and stuff greatly decreases it's efficiency.
Re-work on mastery for disc priests. I mean, it is useful to sometimes simply PI+shieldx10 as some kind of raid CD, but that's it.
Re-work on Shadow word: Death. Now that we have a better gear setup, it's backlash hits for more. I get hit for almost 40k sometimes by using it. That's kind of annoying.

Mind soothe as shadow.
Renew as Disc in PvE. And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be using Heal if I had replenishment in my raid setup as Disc.
85 Human Priest
What type of content do you focus on?
PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Raids - Heroics - Heroic Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP?
N/A

Shadow orbs, the randomness of the procc.
Sometimes I spent 20-30 seconds without proccing an orb.

DoTs, Mind Control, Dispersion, Support Healing as a DPS for a couple of seconds :P

The randomness of shadow orb procs, if a dot falls of the damage loss is too high

It's kinda complicated to determine when to use what, but is not that hard.

1)A normalized way or a fix to the shadow orb procc issue
2)Better animations for Mindflay (seriously that purplish beam without any details is not appealing), Mind Blast (I barely notice that a MB landed on the enemy), Shadow Word: Death.

mind soothe
Edited by Pröphet on 9/12/2011 10:19 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Priest

Both 50/50

Normal Raids and Heroic 5 mans as well as achievement hunting in old content

Arenas and Rated BGs

quality of life is pretty good. Removing reagents was a good step.

Leap of Faith. IMO the best spell given to the priest. It allows for "outside the box" thinking. For example, I learned that I could use it on the tank during the bear boss in ZA to pull him to me so that the bear charges a melee. Its also very helpful in generally keeping people alive without actually just keeping their health at 100%. More creativity like this would be awesome.

Damage/Healing meters. I think this could be copy/pasted into every class though. Specifically for disc, third party meters have always handled absorbs inconsistently. Not suggesting that my healing/dps is not competitive - I've been both praised and ridiculed via use of these meters. As far as non-third party goes, I don't think the RBG healing done chart handles heals well either. I'll avoid getting too preachy and just say that the way the game (or the players) correlates raw numbers and throughput to actual ability is by far my largest complaint.

For healing, it gets a bit boring with both the rotations. A priority based system that feels more like shadow would be far more interesting. Something like how the drakes heal for the malygos fight. (I guess that would be too resto druid-ish?)

More utility spells and less actual heals. More things to protect players from incoming damage. Something like a trinity of spells that share cooldowns with other things that can prevent a certain type of damage. Say 3 spells, one that absorbs 25k physical, one for 50k fire, and one for 50k frost ( random numbers ofc ). The crux of this would be actually requiring the priest to think and be proactive.

Holy Nova has been dropping off my favorites as has heal as my mana regen has been improving. For shadow, I use nearly every spell. I would only suggest lowering mind spike damage by maybe 15% and removing the part where it removes dots. It would allow for something other than mind flay and allow something to be cast during spell lockout without sacrificing dps.
Edited by Mcgonagall on 9/12/2011 12:28 PM PDT
85 Undead Priest

PvP though I'll occasionally participate in five man instances.

Arenas and BG's, though I hope to begin rated BG's in the near future.

The only thing that comes to mind is the quantity of buffs that require reapplication after death in a battleground setting. A simple way to approach this would be do allow Inner Fire, Inner Will, Vampiric Embrace, and Shadowform to persist through death. Power Word: Fortitude and Shadow Protection should still be reapplied seeing as though they affect the priest's teammates.

Priests, as it stands currently, are endlessly enjoyable for a great many reasons (shadow).

With the implementation of mastery in Cataclysm, we received an element of RNG in our standard rotation. While I believe shadow orbs added a level of depth to the specialization as a whole, the empowered shadow buff is quite simply a burden. Having to monitor and maintain this buff isn't enjoyable or necessary in the least.

Dynamic and interesting, very well designed with the exception of the aforementioned buff.

Beyond the realm of buffs persisting through death, I'd only like to see shadowform become optional in terms of aesthetics. I believe that shadow orbs and shadowy apparitions are enough to indicate your spec.

Mind vision, mind soothe, and mind control are all clustered in a particular region of my action bar because of how infrequently they are used. However the are each enjoyable and serve unique purposes so I certainly hope that there aren't any plans to remove them similarly to eyes of the beast.

Thank you so much for touching base with the community.
Edited by Hollow on 9/12/2011 10:23 AM PDT
100 Human Priest
•What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both.
I started a second priest because I didn't want to give up my holy/shadow spec. I play her disc/disc (healing focus and pvp focus). But most of my experience is in PvE so most responses below will be biased towards those experiences.

•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Other.
Raided in the past mostly BC/WotLK. Currently mostly just running dungeons and achievements.

•If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Only getting the bubble speed buff holy seems wrong. It seems since bubbles are a big focus for me as disc, that spec should get the speed buff also. Also, in shadow the lack of dmg during movement other than applying dots can be frustrating for raid boss fights or fast moving instance runs.

•What makes playing your class more fun?
PvE - The great variety of holy healing options. Chakra, PoM, CoH, etc. I love the flexibility that variety provides. I don't get stuck in a rotation this way and every situation can be very different.
PvP - The play style and survivability of disc priests.

•What makes playing your class less fun?
Monotony of shadow rotation. Extreme mana issues in holy mostly in the beginning of new content. It's too extreme.

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Holy - love the lack of rotation. That's what keeps it exciting.
Shadow - Appreciate the quick (MS MS MS MB) and the longer term dot rotation options to accomodate different situations. But it can get dull.
•What’s on your wish list for your class?
Speedy bubble for disc! Castable dps for shadow.

•What spells do you use the least?
Mind vision. Lesser Heal. Mind soothe (love it!!! but not a ton of use for it because people always go barrelling in). Shadow Word: Death.
85 Troll Priest
Preface --> I will answer these questions from the Discipline perspective, since that is the spec I spend 95% of my time in.

Q: What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
A: Both

Q: If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
A: Heroics and Achievements

Q: If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
A: Arena - RBG - BG - World PvP

Q: What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
A: Having to reapply the multiple buffs after a death.

Q: What makes playing your class more fun?
A: Survivability in PvP group settings. (excluding solo, since eventually, I run out of mana in 1v1 and die, unless I can make it to a horde village, stronghold or horde players)

Q: What makes playing your class less fun?
A: Difficulty soloing content by myself. (ie: some achievements like WotLK content I could achieve on some of my other toons/classes)

Q: How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
A: I generally heal, so I really do not have a set rotation. I like the spells I have at my disposal and enjoy it. I guess, in short, my answer would be "I like it:.

Q: What’s on your wish list for your class?
A: A stronger, more effective ability to regenerate mana, like all other healing classes. Once I am hit with some mana burns, I am out of commission. The only way to regenerate mana as a disc priest is on a 4 min CD. (Not good at all)

Q: What spells do you use the least?
A: Lesser Heal, Greater Heal & Mind Soothe
Edited by Rhõnin on 9/12/2011 10:27 AM PDT
85 Troll Priest

I PvE the majority of my playing time, but I do some casual PvP on the side.

Heroic Raiding/Raids/Occasional 5 mans on alts and for VP.

Arenas/RBGs casually, and BGs mainly for the achievements.

Definitely giving us some sort of Blood Tap ability but for Shadow Orbs, I really hate having to Mind Flay for 4-5 straight casts and not get an orb proc.

I like the versatility it has in PvE, I can pump out solid dps, stay alive with CDs, and preform specific fight roles such as Soaking Crystals on baleroc, Soaking adds on Beth'tilac, etc.

RNG of shadow orbs, it can be really frustrating if we don't get a proc in our opener and our DPS takes a while to recover because of it.

I'm ok with it, the damage is good and its fun trying to balance MB casts and keeping empowered shadows up.

1. Give us some sort of talent/spell/ability that gives us an instant shadow orb when we use it, IE a blood tap but for Orbs.
2. Make Shadow Word: Death usable a bit more often, a lot of fights this tier have some sort of mechanic where our execute is unusable, IE Tormented on Baleroc/Health on Chim/Halfus 1 shotting you when you crit/and overall heavy damage burn phases where your health is so low for the majority of the fight that you cant risk killing yourself.

Mind Soothe, Psychic Horror/Silence (in PvE), and Mind Vision.
Edited by Arphastas on 9/12/2011 10:25 AM PDT
85 Gnome Priest
PvP

All of the above.

Actually, I miss my candles still. Granted it was a quality of life issue but it sort of reduced an iconic "feel" to our various buffs. I still keep a stack in my bags just for nostalgia.

Being an effective offensive healer. Discipline would benefit greatly from a stronger emphasis on that characterization.

Lack of Discipline mobility is a major issue. We do have the 4pc bonus from PvP gear but it isn't an innate class mechanic like a Paladin with Hand of Freedom or a Resto druid with Disentanglement. It's no fun for Discipline priests that are just starting out or for veteran priests.

Second issue that i'm sure is valid across many specs is how easy it is for a priest to be locked down. Inner Focus is a wonderful tool to help alleviate this but perhaps there could be more spells that are specifically "Discipline" instead of "Holy".

Thirdly, our mana regen abilities in PvP are drastically less effective than some other healing specs.

Added mobility for Discipline and added emphasis on our offensive capabilities. More mana regen opportunities via spells, temporary buffs, etc.

Long cast spells. What's up with the haste famine on our gear anyway? :D
Edited by Torbin on 9/12/2011 10:24 AM PDT
91 Dwarf Priest

PvE almost exclusively.

"Casual" raiding. (6/7 firelands-10 atm. normal mode :P) I currently disc heal for my guild out of need (while the changes to healing in cata were needed imo, it really cut down the pool of healers capable of performing competently in a raid setting). But my heart will always belong to the shadow tree! :)

Occasional random BG and the very occasional arena team "just for points"

Shadow Orbs. Let me say first that I do not mind the RNG nature of them when it comes to mind blast. For a spell like that which you can only cast every 6 seconds or so, the varying damage is interesting and when a triple orb crit lines up its very fun to see the big numbers. But when Empowered Shadows enters the mix, things get sour quickly. Striving for as close to 100% DoT uptime as possible has always been a staple of shadow dps. But now, we constantly have to check ourselves to see if we have the necessary buffs before refreshing DoTs. This has led to a huge ramp up time for our dps (something blizzard intended to remove in cataclysm) and forces us to constantly take gambles in our rotation. "Do I apply a weak DoT now, or try one more Mind Flay and pray for an orb proc?" Having to ask these types of questions is tremendously frustrating and not fun.

The huge variety of heals in our toolkit. Utility spells like shield, and the hymns.

Empowered Shadows. Also with the way encounters have been designed in cata, the lack of an interrupt really hurts. And no, silence doesn't count, no pve spec can afford the 3 points to get it.

Other than dealing with Empowered Shadows, I think shadow is in excellent shape. The tried and true spells still function as they always have, and Archangel gave us a fun CD to use. I also like how shadowfiend has become more oriented as a dps cooldown rather than just a regen tool.

Return defensive dispel to shadow priests! Make it not work in arena if that's what the issue was, but let me help out our healers when someone misses an interrupt on Alysrazor adds :)

Reworking of shadow mastery. Either make the DoT component a passive buff, or give us an Outbreak-type ability on a 30 secondish CD to instantly generate an orb. Another suggestion I've seen was to make SW:D backlash auto trigger an orb.

Heal has been removed from my bar as disc. Smite, holy fire, and gheal all outheal it and are more efficient.

Holy nova could be renamed "Anti snake trap explosion" because that's about the only thing I might use it for.

In a world where mana matters I am to afraid to cast flash heal except in the most dire of circumstances. Seriously, I'm pretty sure I've cast it less than 50 times since cata launch.
85 Tauren Paladin
I play Disc in PVE Heroics and all forms of PVP

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?[\b]
None really, since I no longer need to horde Light Feathers thanks to the minor glyph.

[b]What makes playing your class more fun?

The Disc tree is really interesting now. I stopped playing Disc when WotLK released and before that I mostly relied on PW:S followed by a Renew to keep groups up. The AA/A concept is amazing and further differentiates Disc and Holy.

Lack of any sort of Dispell immunity (similar to DK talent Resilient Infection). Priests rely heavily on buffs, especially Discipline, and having a little immunity would go a long way. Either that or some kind or escape mecanic. With buffs and shields being stripped away and Renew being relatively weak for the mana cost, Priests are incredibly easy to focus/lock down. Nearly impossible to get away from a decent melee opponent. Fear bomb isn't always very reliable at all and rarely opens any signifigant distance between you and the crazed berzerker you're trying to escape. Also Priests feel VERY SLOW, even with Inner Will active (which it is usually hard to justify using when you need the armor buff from Inner Fire due to the melee cleaving your spine in twain as you try desperately to escape).

I enjoy it thoroughly. Though I wish there was a MUCH heavier focus on Atonement healing and shields.

-I'd love to see Disc healing focus more on AA/A and shields. A lot more healing through Atonement instead of just using it to get 5 stacks for Archangel.
-A buff to Manaburn would be great seeing as non-Priests have so many mana-regen tools currently. I recall that healers in Cataclysm were supposed to be more focused on conserving mana, but it hasn't exactly worked out that way.
-Discipline used to be the king of shields, but now it seems like most Priests only use it in emergencies or to keep up Rapture. Also Barrier is great, but having to be cast on a targeted location makes it feel lackluster for a 31pt talent. Feels like it should be on the same talent tier as Anti-magic zone. Or be able to be cast on a targeted player so it can at least be mobile and not as situational.
-Discipline mastery should be more effective with Devine Aegis as currently Priests aren't relying as heavily on PW:S as they have in the past so mastery feels underpowered. This adds to the confusion of what stats to focus on as Mastery-Haste-Crit all seem so evenly valued and/or situational. There is no clear winner.
-Some spells could use an update (ex: Mind Soothe...does anyone use this at all? Would be nice if it had more utility, like maybe a slow a la Mind Numbing Poison or something).
-Prayer of healing losing the "target group" component. Should be raid wide or a 5-target smart heal instead of only healing members in targets group.
-Would be super-fantastic if Power Word: Death and Inner Fire/Inner Will could be removed from the GCD. These are sometimes clutch abilities when you're trying to execute a target or turtle/flee so it'd be nice if they were available outside of the regular GCD.
-Penance seems to be buggy and will often only cast 2 of the 3 charges.
-Devine Hymn is lackluster. Needs more mana return for such a LONG channel.
-Inner Focus HUMS so loudly...bright glowing hands is enough of a notifier that the spell is ready to use, noise is like nails on a chalkboard.
-Rebuffing after a Rez in PVP isn't as bad as it used to be, but still annoying.
-Healer Priests often times have two Healing specs, especially if they PVP (I myself have a Disc PVE and Disc PVP spec). This makes questing horribly slow. Casting 8 Smites to kill a single mob adds up. Especially when you factor in all the time spent drinking and channeling Devine Hymn.
-Inner Will stacking with runspeed Gems and/or enchants would be AMAZING and help with survivability.
-And I know this will never be put back into the game, but the race specific Priest spells were really awesome. Gave each Priest a slightly different playstyle and a little flavor. I miss my Hex of Weakness and Shadowguard.
-Also a graphical update to Shadowform would be nice. Even if the Priests body remained the same shadowy/translucent form with visible armor (unaffected by the shadowform) would look better.
-Priests getting Spirit buff back would be great, even if it was just a Self Buff.

What spells do you use the least?Heal, Flash Heal, Mind Soothe, Renew, Shackle Undead, Fade (Would be nice if the snare removal component from Shadow talent was built into untalanted Fade), Leap of Faith (really cool ability on paper, but in reality super glitchy and pisses tanks and dps off more than anything), Lightwell (I've dabbled in Holy and nobody has EVER stopped DPSing to click Lightwell), Power Word: Barrier
Edited by Rakuund on 9/12/2011 12:59 PM PDT
1 Human Warrior

Both

Heroic 10 mans

Arena

The availability correctly itemized gear for a Holy spec priest compared to the other 4 healing combinations is abysmal. Combine this with the fact that holy priests are recognized as the least competitive healer at the moment, it makes no sense what so ever.

A large toolbox to use on occasion

While having multiple tools, each one of them is less useful than the tools of other healers

Rather dynamic. Happy with it.

Holy priests need love in terms of gear available. Yes, there is well itemized gear available from normal modes, however the heroic raid tier of gear is terribly itemized for us, yet well itemized for all other healers. Why?

Holy priests need some type of raid cooldown to stay competitive in cutting edge progression. At the moment we fill the same role as resto druids, raid healing. However compared to the resto druids superior efficiency and HPS we are left in the dust. Combine this with the fact that the resto druids raid cooldown is on a 3 minute timer, where as ours is 8 minutes, and theirs is up to 3-4 times more effective. It's mind boggling and holding holy priests back in progression focused guilds.

The talent spirit of redemption needs to be fixed. Currently it is a waste and only useful if you die. To kill two birds with one stone the talent should convert a certain percentage of spirit into spell power. Since holy priests NEED spirit more than ever where as other classes are dropping spirit for more throughput, this would allow us to increase our through put without sacrificing our much needed regen.

Another option with the spirit of redemption talent is to turn it into some type of active skill that also serves as our much needed raid cooldown. Something along the lines of doubling healing and halving mana cost for X seconds OR boosting healing to the entire raid by X% and doing a small amount of constant AoE healing. This would breathe new life into an iconic holy priest talent AND fill our desperate need for the raid cooldown that every other healer has.

I would like to clarify that these are not a wish list, they are an example of necessary changes that make holy priests competitive, not over powered.

Holy Nova could use some added functionality
90 Human Priest

PvE

10-Man Raiding Normal and Heroic

Arena/BG's for fun, but its not a main focus

As a disc priest, I feel that group healing is very lackluster. I feel that we have the tools to do it, but the tools are very inadequate in comparison to holy. Nerfed barrier, fairly weak PoH (you either over heal and prevent damage, or heal and waste the DA bubble). The CD on Divine Hymn also seems very long compared to other classes big group heals. With a disc priests limited toolbox for AoE heals, it would be nice to see some more option, or even to have some old options re-introduced. (Bubble spam)

I love the versatility of the class. I feel like I can step into any role and bring some good stuff to the table. I'm not the strongest at any role, but I can do all of them.

Lack of more talent specs, lol. It feels like I need at least 3 to pull from. Disc w/o atonement, disc with atonement for the dps races, and shadow for doing dailies. As for the specs themselves, my only real issue is fights requiring lots of movement in a shadow spec. Our main DPS ability (mind flay) is completely wrecked in high movement fights (ie, Heroic Al'akir).

Love it. I wish renew had a place in Disc healing, but other than that I like my abilities.

Fixing the DA animation, shorter CD on Divine Hymn, more AoE power as Disc, viability of renew as disc, maybe something to be able to cast while moving as Shadow.

Heal. Completely useless. It was a good concept, but it just never worked out. Renew as Disc. Its just not worth the mana.
90 Gnome Death Knight

Both

Heroics, I was doing raids but not in Cataclysm.

BGs

I like it when I heal people and it really helps them. I also enjoy the fun spells like Mind Control and Mind Vision, and the cool shield spells. I love the shield absorption mechanics.

Cataclysm ruined Discipline priest by making the shields next to worthless. They shouldn't be how they were in Wrath of the Lich King, but I don't even want to play Discipline anymore (or healer for that matter) because the shields are not even important, even though that's the specialization I chose. In addition, heals feel like they have such a tiny impact in a fight, and I don't like having to cast 10 very long heals in order to heal someone very slightly.

I like the combination of tools the priest has, but the rotation suffers in Cataclysm. A lot of spells in Cataclysm became somewhat useless to cast as Discipline due to mana costs or just low power (Renew). Pain Suppression was cool in Wrath of the Lich King because it was unique, but then we got Power Word: Barrier and it's the same thing again (boring). Power Word: Barrier was cool when it absorbed damage, but now it's just the same thing as Pain Suppression on another long cooldown. I feel that Discipline priest is not matching the role that is described in its talent description (absorbing damage for allies and reducing damage they take) enough. The rotation just feels like a weaker Holy priest with a couple "nifty" cooldowns. Penance is cool, and I really don't mind it, but I just wonder why we got it instead of something that fits that specialization better (it's a good heal, but why did we get a funky heal of all things instead of something that reduces damage).

I really hope that shields become more important for Discipline. That and damage reduction should be their main mechanic. It is what I chose the specialization for, and in Cataclysm, it's just not true anymore.

Holy Nova - There's just no real reason to use this, ever.
Inner Will - Minorly useful in PVP sometimes, but it just feels pointless. I hate giving up spellpower from Inner Fire, and it just feels like a waste. I was so sad to see that one of our new abilities (and Discipline's) was THIS.
Leap of Faith - Too high mana cost, too high cooldown, not enough situations to where it would be useful. It was a cool idea and I supported it way back when, but now in the actual dungeons, it's just annoying. Using it on someone annoys them, costs a chunk of mana, a global cooldown... it's just not worth it. It's more "for fun" or applications like Warsong Gulch flag carrier and that's it.
Edited by Sarnox on 9/12/2011 10:27 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]