85 Troll Priest
DOM
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    Both

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    All

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    BGs

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    No built in Rapture Tracker and the ease of not having replenishment in a raid.

• What makes playing your class more fun?
    Reducing a tank's "Damage Taken"

• What makes playing your class less fun?
    The inexorable trend from playing a "Disc Priest" to playing a "Healer" (read: role homogenization)

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Pretty good.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Grace to affect PW:S, and more talents to include Penance

• What spells do you use the least?
    Binding Heal. Every once and a while I try using it in situations where I think it'd be awesome and it just costs too much. Also Heal has dropped off my hotbar.
90 Gnome Priest
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]OVe mainly, but have done pvp up til 4.1ish

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]Heroics, raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] All the above

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Not Being able to guarentee that I will gain benefit from my Hymn of Hope. I don't mind helping out the rest of my raid, but there are fights that I like to stagger my mana CDs to make sure I will have enough for all points of the fight, but having to wait until I get the message out of mana to use one of them just to make sure I get some benefit from it is risky at best.

What makes playing your class more fun?
When I first started my priest I really enjoyed the Play style of Bubble spam with heals for higher damage. Now I find that AA/A spec makes my class fun, the only thing that would make it better is if it had a little bigger range on it(20 - 25 yds). It still seems that on some bosses it doesn't attempt to heal people in melee range of attacking(IE atra)

What makes playing your class less fun?
Being forced to conform to a certain playstyle in order to be effective. I'm one of those people that use to read the 'guides' for suggestions now it seems if I vary from them I may as well just sit on the sidelines because I will not be doing much.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
As disc it's kinda eh, Bubble, Penence, Gheal(or PoH), PoM on CD I only get to used AA/A on very few fights because if we do someone will die.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

If things are gonna be kept the same I would like to see more chances to use AA/A for those of us that actually do like it. It makes a fight seem like it goes faster if we can mix it up some.

What spells do you use the least?
Heal - Unlike my nourish on the druid, Healing wave on my shammy and Holy light on the pally heal seems way too weak for the mana esp once you get into most 346 gear. As disc with Inner focus it is more mana efficient and safer to use Gheal
Holy Nova - I only use this when I know the fight and there are adds. Never once have I used it on a boss fight unless it was an accident.
85 Human Death Knight
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids/Heroics

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Levitate glyph- pointless, reagent feels pointless to beginwith. Just make the glyph do something cool.

Power word shield and shadowform. They both look awesome. Firstly however I enjoy the mana regeneration of all 3 specs.

See down one question.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Shadow- I feel that shadow's rotation is pretty sound, however, it is the most boring spec to play for me at the moment. Reapplying your dots with every change in buffs is a clunky mechanic that isn't fun. I feel sometimes like I spend more time casting spell to do damage in the future than I do damage right now. Its a technical change but I think it really needs to happen.

See above^

Also, wings as a mount >.>

Life grip- Don't find many situations where one person needs to move that much. Its mostly an entire group.
90 Undead Priest

PvE more so than PvP.... I'd say about a 5:1 ratio favoring PvE.

Questing, dailies (although I've pretty much expended the usefulness of all current and old content dailies now), dungeons & heroics (mostly through RDF) and occasional raiding... although I'd absolutely love to be able to raid more but my constantly-changing work schedule disallows that.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BGs, arenas if I can find a random partner to squeeze some conquest-capping in around my weekly schedule (i.e. not really competitive arena play... although I do usually kick !@#), and NEVER rated BGs because of the aforementioned scheduling issues & I also feel that my server is pretty dead and doesn't have a large enough pool of people to choose from to even think about putting together a rated BG team... because of that and overall gameplay issues I would highly suggest you do the right thing and start some free transfers / merging going on. Even if it's negative PR, it's worse PR to have all these low pop, stagnant and bleeding servers... it's making the gameplay experience depressing especially for vets like me who enjoyed seeing the cities and zones full of activity back in TBC especially.

But to get back to the original question... and this is where I think I may deviate from the norm, but, I especially enjoy world PvP.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Tough question. I'm pretty satisfied with my priest's performance & efficiency... it's really improved since early cata when I hated it. Through a combination of first learning my new disc rotation and sub-spec options, including much off-site research, then the necessary buffs, and gearing up, it's been pretty smooth sailing.

Not sure if this counts but I guess balancing different sets with odd stat priority? For example in disc I am often in a dilemma on whether to favor crit over mastery or vice-versa... and in shadow I actually have two sets: one that just has enough hit for heroics, and another for raiding for skull-level boss mobs... so although it was my own choice... now the prospect of acquiring new gear and looking through everything to figure out an optimal balance of gemming, enchanting and reforging has turned into more of a hassle. Because some items are in both sets and everything gets mixed up and sometimes I get mixed signals from higher ilvl items... idk it's tough to explain.

I do crave the decent amount of micro-ing involved... when a tank ragequits or someone overpulls in an RDF, I usually break out every cooldown smartly and save a wipe and I know had it not been for my fast reaction and efficient spell usage a wipe would have most certainly occured. But please Blizzard... no more microing than what's already here! It's good the way it is!
85 Goblin Priest
PvE Shadow

Raids, 10m Heroics

Needing to do a minimum of 5 buffs everytime I die.

The style of play, its a very active style of dps. There is a lot of on the spot decision, such as whether or not to dot up or mindspike a new add. Also dispersion if used properly, is one of the best skills in the game.

SWD's self inflicted for so much really defeats its usefulness when used as an execute. I can't use it on a lot of fights, such as Baelroc because of the shadow damage debuff.

As mentioned earlier, shadow orbs can be terribly frustrating, unless a shadow orb procs, mastery procs can be useless, there have been several times that valiona's mirror procced and I never got a shadow orb during it. Also while moving using a swd then spamming devouring plague is pretty boring.

Maybe a new move to use while moving

Soothe
85 Gnome Priest
PvE - Discipline/Holy only

Raids, 25 heroic content

n/a

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
I love playing holy, love love love it, but the lack of a proper raid CD makes it lackluster for raiding. Sometimes we don't have another disc priest in raid so I get stuck as disc. T11 I had no issues with Holy, but Firelands has been a problem due to the massive AoE damage phases. Also regen seems lackluster.

Also Prayer of Healings range only being 30 yards compared to 40. When people are spread on Ragnaros it gets obnoxious.

How many styles of healing I can do and still be competitive. Huge number of spells I can use for different situations.

Forced to play lesser of my favorite specs because of raid CD, otherwise I've been playing this as my main since BC and think it's incredibly fun(especially if I get to run holy).

Taken from another priest which I also feel this pain,
Valen-"Also, PoH creating shields isn't awesome as well because it means, unless damage is coming, disc suffers significantly when there is sudden AOE."

No rotation :D

Holy raid CD :D (maybe something with Sanctuary?)
Penance flinch back.

Renew, Heal, Holy Nova
Edited by Pyrile on 9/12/2011 10:52 AM PDT
90 Undead Priest

Mostly in PvP I sometimes feel useless when faced against a good warrior or death knight or feral... and I'm not talking about 1v1. Having to stand still to cast, not having too many useful instant casts. Being perceived as a high-priority focus-fire-train target in BGs. AND NO SHINY DIVINE AEGIS BUBBLE ANYMORE D=

It's ok for Disc, and sometimes tricky for shadow. I tried holy for a bit but it seemed vastly underpowered compared to Disc.

Better ways to deal with being stunlocked... more competitive advantages that would make a raid leader consider me over other healing classes.... perhaps even a CC of some sort and/or making mind control a little less chaotic?

Well I suppose Mind Vision & Soothe.... although they can be VERY useful. Um... resurrection, lol. If you mean actual combat spells... hmm, probably Shackle Undead (but I guess I had my fill of that in WotLK...) , Mana Burn (which BTW is a complete !@#$% to use in arenas, it's so easily LoS-able, cc-able, interruptable, etc), and Mind Sear has seemed weak even since the buff compared to WotLK days.

Blizzard I may be in the minority in saying that I think overall you did a good job with priests. I'm sure if I read all the whining, complaining and trolling on the forums more my opinion may have been altered. Thankfully I lost faith in the forums a while ago and know how to properly deal with it in short, controlled bursts, much like radiation treatment, lest it overwhelm me.

However, I think I'm in the majority when I say that the bigger problems in WoW aren't class balance, but overall gameplay issues like low pop realms, RDF abuse, lack of raid availability options, price of complete game w/ X-pacs making it harder to get friends to play, cheesy pillar-humping arena gameplay (read: bad design & poor gameplay in there), lack of new end-game content (but thanks for updating the old world stuff... although I mostly play my main), and lack of inter-city portals (perhaps make them unlockable through a high-level quest of some sort?). I would be much happier as a paying customer if you focused more on overall gameplay issues and only "balanced" classes in smaller ways... like Ghostcrawler said, avoiding that rollercoaster.
85 Undead Priest
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both
] PvE
Heroics, and raids
Used to arena alot, heard shadow priests are bad in it. lack of damage and survivability

What makes playing your class more fun? the class is fun, because it seems completely different from any class to dps with.
The rotation to get to max dps seems to be way longer than most others, when having to target switch at all, the dps drop is so heavy that its almost pointless to even switch unless forced
It has too long of a ramp up time. the rotation itself isn't too bad.
Mind spike seems like a nice ability and would be great in rotation somewhere. Alot less ramp up time, and a easier way to target switch and maintain a decent dps level.
What spells do you use the least? mind spike. its useless in pve.
Edited by Shadowpreest on 9/12/2011 10:32 AM PDT
88 Goblin Priest
PvE

Heroics and Raids

Mana regeneration is the only real factor in any fight. If the healers run out of mana, it is impossible to overcome.

Diverse strategies that require healers to do something different, such as healing to cause DPS in the Valithria Dreamwalker fight of ICC.

People not clicking the lightwell.

In raids, using two AOE heals for the most part continuously with occasional focused heals. I wouldn't mind additional rare 'procs' that can benefit the use of other spells (e.g. Circle of Healing proc'ing Surge of Light)

More diverse, unique heals for a Holy Priest that set it apart from other pure healers. Other ways to escape death/damage since we have little to no chance to do actual DPS or defend ourselves if we gain aggro and Fade is on cooldown.

Mind Control, Shackle Undead (not many undead in today's instances), and Leap of Faith (except as a joke pre-pull or to help the occasional dps standing in fire)

Edited for spacing.
Edited by Kabloee on 9/12/2011 10:33 AM PDT
99 Goblin Priest
What type of content do you focus on? PvE and PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroic raids on a 3 day a week schedule

If PvP, what type of PvP? High level RBGs just starting on arenas

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? vampiric embrace and innerfire sould not go away when you die like righteous fury.

What makes playing your class more fun? crushing damage meters in pve and pvp

What makes playing your class less fun? people asking me to heal.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? i feel that my my rotation is great, but that my mastery is awful. its 100% irrelevant in pvp. and is too narrow in pve

What’s on your wish list for your class? do SOMETHING with mastery

What spells do you use the least? inner will, shackle undead
85 Blood Elf Priest
-What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

-If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
10M Heroic Raids

-If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs if I PvP at all

-What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Divine Hymn is just a CD I hit for fun more than actual healing. It cannot come close to the other AoE heals in efficiency, and the fact it has a 12 heal maximum is just silly. I feel like I am continuing to channel the spell while it is doing absolutely nothing. The CD is just ridiculously long, and a feral druids tranquility heals for more it does.

-What makes playing your class more fun?
I enjoy the Atonement healing aspect of discipline. It adds something different to our arsenal, but it can only be used in specific fights usefully due to the small area of healing effect.

-What makes playing your class less fun?
Disc is not near as good as other classes in AoE healing. My shields from Prayer of Healing are okay in situations where there is constant AoE damage, but most people tend to get topped off over them and the shields don't do anything. Plus, Prayer of Healing still is not a smart heal and if someone in that group is across the room it becomes much less efficient.

-How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I don't mind it too much. Casting a shield around the Rapture CD can be a little irritating to manage if you are healing through intense damage.

-What’s on your wish list for your class?
An interrupt for sure. We are one of the only classes that can get sat because we are just worthless in this department.

A shorter CD on divine hymn and take off the maximum number of heals allowed. That might actually make it more effective.

Merge Cure Disease with Dispel Magic. Aren't we the only healing class that still has them separate these days? Not that I ever dispel diseases.

Shackle can affect more than just undead. There is only one time that I actually shackle a mob, and that is only on one fight in ZA.

-What spells do you use the least?
Holy Nova. Mind Soothe. Divine Hymn
PvE

Heroics/Raids

BGs

RNG factor with Empowered Shadows.

DOTs. I love when everything falls into place, refreshing a dot that was about to fall at the perfect time, thinking ahead when to cast which dot while taking into consideration cast time etc. Mind Flay is different that every other filler spell, I just wish there was no clipping.

No "fun" procs as shadow. Sure it goes against my QoL issue with orbs, but having an free instant shadow bolt as a lock is always a nice suprise where as having orbs to proc is usually relief that you can finally cast that Mind Blast you were holding off on.

Shadowy apparitions also feel very passive. They seemed fun before 4.0 but they are just there, procing randomly without adding any real flavour to the spec.

The shadow spec itself has no real optional talents. Psychic Horror is the only "fun/semi-useful" talent that can/cannot be chosen once all of the required talents are chosen. Disc/Holy on the other hand have a lot more variey after taking 31 points. You can choose to get Inspiration, or a better Renew, or a shorter CD for your fiend, or more haste, or a self heal, etc. Shadow doesn't have that.

Love it. Can get a little chaotic, depending on the trinkets/tier bonuses you're using but overall it has the right amount of complexity without being too hard.

An interrupt that didn't require dropping important dps talents would be nice.

Mind Soothe, Shackle, Holy Nova.
99 Goblin Priest
09/12/2011 10:31 AMPosted by Shadowpreest
when having to target switch at all, the dps drop is so heavy that its almost pointless to even switch unless forced

LOLOLOL we are only a dot class. who wants 2 or 3 targets to attack.
85 Undead Priest

PVP - Disc

Arenas and the occasional non rated bg for honor/fun

Shadow word death being off the gcd - As mages get more haste in later seasons this could be a repeat of s8 :(

Inner fire/inner will being off the gcd.

The ability to put enemies into long cc chains with my arena partner as well as dispelling and being offensive. Basically the versatility of priests as healers in arena.

Queuing up against double melee especially if there's a DK on the team. The amount of time it takes for those teams to kill me is simply astounding.

Having to juke 3 interrupts in a single team. Not every class needs one.

No real rotation as a healer in arena. Just reaction.

A few spells that I have mentioned taken off the GCD.

Perhaps having Power word shield negate the absorbs from necrotic strike.

Prayer of healing
Mind Soothe
Mind Vision
85 Blood Elf Priest
nWc
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Shadow - PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] 10man Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Some BGs/Rated BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Only thing I never understood was why Shadowform's CD was longer then the global CD.

What makes playing your class more fun? I have been playing shadow since BC and its the utility that makes this class self-sufficient (Fade/VE/Dispersion/Popping-out to Heal/Replenishment) why I like them so much. Even though lots of that original utility has been normalized and spread to other classes, the rotation and challenge presented when multi-doting is sufficiently complicated that I feel rewarded when its done well, and DPS is noticeably worse when done poorly.

What makes playing your class less fun? No longer doing being a mana-battery, or doing 2-3K HPS from imp. VE, or even being the only class that can bring fort.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I honestly liked it better when DOTs could be clipped, just because it was an extra little challenge to do it well. Other then that the rotation is fine. I like that we have some DPS compensation (shadow apparition) when we have to move, and i like that we have some extra burst for low hp adds when needed (mind spike). Lastly, I think we have healthy amount of things to watch out for (CDs/Buffs) to make it not boring.

What’s on your wish list for your class? We already have a GC capped defensive dispel anyway (MD), just give us dispel magic back. Other then that, we are in a great place.

What spells do you use the least? Besides Heal never being used anymore, I feel like I use all my spells, right down to Mind Soothe
100 Undead Priest
What type of content do you focus on?
PvE - Shadow Only PoV

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Raids - 10 Heroic

If PvP, what type of PvP?
NA

No important Shadow procs or buffs/debuffs are supported in the default HUD UI. I use external timers/notifications for this, but I imagine it would be frustrating if those addons ever broke.

The survivability, utility, and self-sufficiency aspects of Shadow.

The somwhat RNG nature of Shadow Orbs, which depend on a very weak stat (crit).

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I enjoy the DoT aspect, and keeping track of multiple spells and timers. However, the RNG of orbs can be somewhat frustrating, especially considering the weakness of critical strike chance for Shadow.

I wish we could regain a bit of the "vampiric" nature we previously had. The past nerf to Vampiric Embrace made it feel pretty weak, and not really vampiric at all. It just doesn't feel very useful anymore.

Mind Soothe - I'm not sure I've ever found a relevant place to use that spell.
Edited by Kiemd on 9/12/2011 10:42 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest

I focus on PvE

Raids, heroics (only when i need the gear / VP ), and also visiting previous content.

One word. Lightwell. I have to constantly inform my raid that there is in fact a lightwell and they should be using it during a specific time.

I really dislike having to get groups rearranged to make use of POH properly and then having the people in those groups just wander away from each other. >:( Y they no stay close?!

Switching between inner fire and inner will (wasting a global to do so)

The vast amount of spells I have at my fingers which can allow for a different play style each boss fight.

The difference between holy and disc play style. I think that the disc absorption idea is wonderful and unique, it really makes you think about your heals and when you need to use specific spells.

Neat little side effects of your talent trees like Body and Soul. I love having a 'sprint' and being able to zoom around!

Chakra! I love this spell, Changing your 'role' on the fly really makes things a lot more interesting. I can go from raid healing to single target healing or if I'm so inclined, I can actually do some decent damage while questing or doing dailies.

I love trying to off myself with SW: Death when wipes are called.

The challenge of mana conservation and cooldown usage while maintaining high hps

There are some fights currently that because of their design, require at least two disc
priests to beat the amount of damage going out, but that's more likely guild preferences.
    Having to continuously remind people to click lightwell

The holy rotation is pretty simple. Use X when X happens, and use X as fillers. I really enjoy healing the raid as holy, it feels fluid and logical. A lot of it is being intelligent and knowing when to use spells to gain maximum output.

An intelligent POH (making it so it densest rely on people being in the same group)

Shorter cooldowns for Divine Hymn and Shadowfiend

Increased benefit of Hymn of Hope and having it not take you out of shadowform (I'd settle with having people other than myself actually use it)

Fade, Mind vision, Shackle Undead, Mind Soothe, Holy Nova, Mind Control...I'm sure there's more.
Edited by Zhi on 9/12/2011 10:44 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]