(Locked)

90 Human Priest

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

BOTH

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

10 mans/ 5 mans

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

All

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Life grip

What makes playing your class more fun?

I play disc becuz I like healing but I choose disc becuz holy is boring just the same spells over and over

What makes playing your class less fun?
No Unique healing ways only thing we have that is a bit different is penance and a giant bubble with a 4 min cd

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Its k not boring

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Disc needs something that will wow me. More AoE healing A unique way of healing. Like A buff that when you crit heal someone it will heal everyone around that person for 10% (doesnt matter on %)

What spells do you use the least? Renew, flash heal, smite and holy fire. ( 15 yards heal and heals randomly means you can heal pet) isnt worth speccing into
85 Blood Elf Priest
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics and Raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arenas and BGs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Levitate not working while mounted, Leap of Faith not working like the exact opposite of Death Grip. Shadow orb RNG.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

Smite healing, being a high damage healer in both PvE and PvP, Shadow form, Shadow's rotation, no long-term pet to manage, lots of healing spells and bubbles.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

The "Heal" spell, nerfed Shadow DoTs, being sit on by Melee without a way to escape, no spirit-cloth in firelands, and the constant battle with mana since everything after level 83.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

There is no healer rotation, I love Shadow's rotation.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

A viable "gap-opener" (Ex: Blink is a "gap-opener"), a viable single target CC (like sheep...If I could be a mage-priest I would...these are "wishes" you know)

■What spells do you use the least?
Mind Soothe
100 Blood Elf Priest
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

More on PvE but I enjoy both aspects

Heroics and Raids

BG's for the most part. Don't have an arena team atm

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

-Priests need more mobility (ex. Shaman wolf form / Druid/Rogue sprint / Mage Blink / Warlock Teleport / etc.)

-Divine Hymn and Hymn of Hope needs a shorter CD of at least 3 minutes to be more competitive to other healers.

-Holy Word: Sanctuary's Chastise needs some usage. Lower mana cost and a small buff to healing would make it a spell worth casting. It has a nice design and it's a good idea but it needs to be buffed slightly for it to be useful. I never use this spell and I'd like to.

-Archangel (Holy): For shadow priests, this spell is mandatory as it awesome for the obvious reasons. Holy, it's worthless and for Disc, it's debatable whether or not they want to run atonement spec. I, personally, LOVE this spell as well as the design and animation but for healing priests, it's not considered useful and I feel it should. I don't think this spell should be talented, I think it should be given to all priests as a CD similar to druid tree of life form and/or perhaps Evangelism stack with say FH, Heal, or GH instead of smite to gain Holy archangel and for shadow leave it as it is to gain Dark archangel. Healers really shouldn't be DPS'ing just to gain mana back. Sure you gave us glyph of Divine accuracy but the same can't be said for resto shamans who have to Lightning Bolt to gain mana back assuming they are specced into Telluric currents and even then, they have 0 hit rating. I don't know, it's just my opinion and a suggestion I'd like to throw out there.

-I love to heal in general. I played a Holy Paladin, Disc priest(This Character), and Resto shaman during wrath. I've stayed with this character and switched my spec to Holy and I'm really loving this spec. Compared to other healers, it's apparently not doing as well as it should which only fuels my determination to keep going.

-Mind Vision is a fun spell for both PvE and PvP. After a wipe, people get lost so I see through their eyes and direct them. In PvP, it's especially useful as I can see through an enemy's eyes and know they are hiding on the roof during a WSG. Many more stuff...

-Spirit of redemption is appealing to me for some reason. I like Angels. heh

-Leap of Faith is amazing to drag some jerk in a pug raid into the fires and let him die. Oh yeah, I showed him.

-Shadow Priests need to be more viable in PvP. I love to heal but every now and again I'd like my share time of killing things other than my daily chores. The nerf to dots really killed my playstyle and the Mind spike/Mind blast thing is not doing it for me to do substantial damage. If I wanted burst, I'd play a Mage. Priests can DPS too and I don't feel like I should have to spec into Disc just to be able to survive longer than 5 seconds.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

-Shadow rotation is fine. I don't have any complaints about it. I mainly heal but I've DPSed before and I don't have any issues except on fights that have a lot of moving around. Atramedes for example.

-Same as my answer for the Quality-of-Life question. I also believe that there should be a Tri-spec for all classes.

What spells do you use the least?

-Mind Soothe
-Holy Word: Sanctuary's Chastise (The ground AoE heal)
-Archangel (For Holy)
-Power Word Shield in Raids
85 Blood Elf Priest

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE almost exclusively

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• 10-man raiding

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• An occasional Tol Barad or BG, but likely won't bother until a tri-spec option is introduced.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• - Lack of some kind of run-faster ability similar to Travel Form, Ghost Wolf, Aspect of the Cheetah, Blink, Sprint, etc. so that I'm not always the last one back after a wipe. There is Body and Soul, but I'd have to spec Holy for that.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Leap of Faith, Levitate, and the ability to transition from a capable healer to a capable damage dealer with little effort.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Lack of effective CC or interrupts.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• As Shadow, it's too much of a pain to consistently keep the Empowered Shadows buff up. Beyond that, few complaints.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• For Shadow, more consistency on Shadow Orb generation. For healing, a serious boost to the effectiveness of our Hymns. If they're going to be on a six-minute (or longer) cooldown, these things need to feel effective as cooldowns. Also, the ability to pick up Silence without wasting three talent points.

• What spells do you use the least?

• Mind Control, Mind Vision, Mind Soothe, Shoot Wand
Edited by Lenelle on 9/18/2011 10:32 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
I focus on PvE.
I raid/run troll dungeons.
Priests should be given more cooldowns. I realize that this borderlines healing output QQ, but I feel like our Divine Hymn has some problems. It heals for less than tranquility and has a CD that is five minutes longer. Also, I feel like Disc should be given a new AoE healing CD. Perhaps Blizz could take the frontal-cone penance that the lightbringers use during the DK starting zone battle. It would be somewhat on par with the Holy Paladins' Light of Dawn.
85 Blood Elf Priest

PvE. I don't consider PvP to be much fun as a healer since any competent opponent will focus on bringing the healers down first.

I plan to just run heroics once I reach 85. I'd like to run raids as well, but I don't expect to find a guild whose raiding times fit within my schedule.

N/A

I feel guilty when I have to ask groups to wait for me to drink to recover mana. This seems to happen more frequently with Cataclysm dungeons, even under nominal conditions (e.g., everyone is doing a decent job of avoiding unnecessary damage, no unexpected adds, etc.).

Overall I like my talents and the mechanics of my various healing spells. I like having a large toolbox of healing spells at my disposal, and I consider the primary challenge of playing a healing priest to be picking the right spell for the job.

Most mistakes committed by players in Cataclysm dungeons manifest as devastating damage, which burdens the healer. When someone dies, it's too easy to blame the healer rather than correct the mistake that caused the damage in the first place.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

As a healer I primarily react to the situation at hand, so I wouldn't consider my role to have a rotation, aside from some of the spells I use preemptively. I would like that to remain the case because I think having to react quickly to changing circumstances is what makes healing fun.

I'd like to see more sophisticated spell and talent dynamics. Examples of such spell dynamics include the interplay between Prayer of Mending and Shadow Word: Death and the old Glyph of Guardian Spirit, which incentivized preventing Guardian Spirit from sacrificing itself. Examples of such talents include Chakra and Revelations.

Mind Vision, Mind Control, Mana Burn, Mind Sear, Mind Spike
Divine Hymn is also quite disappointing for a spell with an 8-min cooldown.
85 Human Priest
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
pvp
# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
N/A

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
arena BGs

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

being sat on in arena after poping Archangel and trying to hard cast. for instance kitty cleave all tho mage novas /pollys still just dispelled/hand of freadom

# What makes playing your class more fun?
i have allways loved DoT classes and i like the Archangel burst

# What makes playing your class less fun?

being sat on and not able to hard cast thus put out not much damage

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
a faster cast time or a Shamanistic Grace for Mind Spike

# What spells do you use the least?

Holy nova but thats ok
100 Undead Priest
PvE

10 Man Raiding. Hoping to start Heroic Firelands soon.

Some Random Battlegrounds once in a while can be fun.

There are some strange arbitrary restrictions on priest healing. Prayer of Healing is not only restricted by range, but can only be cast on one party. Prayer of Mending has no clear and efficient way of tracking it's charges. I have no idea if it is being used, apart from some audio cues. Even then, I cannot find where it has gone to, and how many charges are left without some buff searching among players.
The point is, these spells just have odd mechanics.
And Holy spec needs some more fun tools. It's just not that interesting to play.
And the multi-target Chakra: Sanctuary is far better than Chakra: Serenity. Serenity Chakra gets a neat cheap insta heal, but has a cooldown around the same time as Disc Spec's Penence, and is just not as great. Sanctuary Chakra gives +15% healing to renew, which is far better than Serenity's free Renew refresh. Once enough spirit is stacked, the mana loss is acceptable.
And yes. Holy Word: Sanctuary is an alright spell, but it has problems. It looks a bit weak, it acts weak, and it's cooldown is pretty long.

Feeling like a healing powerhouse. Disc spec has a lot of fun absorb spells. I like Levitate. Instant cast heals are fun.

Arbitrary restrictions on abilities. Prayer of Healing only effects one party. Prayer of Mending cannot stack, with only one active at a time, and there is no way to track it's charges.

There doesn't seem to be a rotation for healing. It's either spamming Greater Heal and Prayer of Healing, and popping minor cooldowns such as Power Word: Shield and Prayer of Mending.

... Alright.
I'm gonna' say it.
I want Disc and Holy merged, keeping all of their iconic abilities, like shields, barriers, and chakras.
And the new third spec should be....
A martial arts kung-fu spec!
The iconic Monk!
Seriously.
It would be a Melee DPS, using fun kung-fu attacks and spells. It could use Agility as a major stat. Because there is no cloth with agility, maybe the Monk spec could use Leather.
Yeah. Maybe it's just a dream.
But currently, the Priest healing base is split between Holy and Disc, with Disc accepted as the superior spec.

Prayer of Mending. I don't know have effective it is, so I don't want to spam it and drain mana. If there is rapid fire raid damage going on, it's perfect. But, for example, Majordomo's scorpion form, which can hit several seconds apart, it's not super effective.
I don't find myself using Inner Will a lot. I've stacked enough mana so that it's not that brilliant.
Mind Soothe and Mind Vision can be alright, but they're situational.
Binding Heal... I'm Disc spec now, but when I used to be Holy Spec, I used it a fair bit. It builds up the same buffs as Flash Heal, which is great. I don't see problems with this.
Holy Nova just seems to be a mana-burning waste. Not enough damage, not enough healing.
Mind Control... It's best for DPS. Healers can't be occupied CC'ing while they could be healing. It's a fun spell. Can wreak havoc in PvP!
91 Goblin Priest
... Alright.
I'm gonna' say it.
I want Disc and Holy merged, keeping all of their iconic abilities, like shields, barriers, and chakras.
And the new third spec should be....
A martial arts kung-fu spec!
The iconic Monk!
Seriously.
It would be a Melee DPS, using fun kung-fu attacks and spells. It could use Agility as a major stat. Because there is no cloth with agility, maybe the Monk spec could use Leather.
Yeah. Maybe it's just a dream.
But currently, the Priest healing base is split between Holy and Disc, with Disc accepted as the superior spec.

I really LOL at this.
But...

Yeah it would be really cool lool
90 Draenei Priest
Both

Normal-mode Raids

BGs

I’d like to see Dispel Magic and Cure Disease be merged into one spell. All other classes have had this done. It helps free up button space on our bars and makes it easier when binding spells to our mouse or keys.

I’d also like to see Priests (Shadow more-so than any other spec) receive a LEGIT CC-type ability so they may contribute more to raids. Psychic Scream is too risky unless it’s glyphed and doesn’t last nearly long enough. Shackle Undead is situational and had much more use in the last expansion. Mind Control is also risky. I like the idea of Mind Control, but it doesn’t last long enough in PvE. It also takes the casting Priest out of combat because of it having to be channeled. I think I’d like the ability just to “incapacitate” humanoids for a greater amount of time rather than control their movements. A humanoid CC could also help leveling Priests as well.

I really like how Priests have a tool for just about everything. I’m happy that we have 2 types of healing trees that are very different from each other. I also like how both trees center around 2 different types of abilities (Power Word: Shield and Chakra).

We have a ton of spells in our arsenal, but we tend to spam ones that have the most efficiency. This causes many of our spells to take a seat on the back burner when they should be utilized just as much as our most efficient ones. Priests have a few spells that are very powerful (Prayer of Healing, Prayer of Mending) while the rest are merely mediocre (Renew, Heal, and Holy Word: Sanctuary).
Edited by Lunarsôul on 9/18/2011 3:34 PM PDT
90 Draenei Priest
*continued from previous post

Discipline:

Disc tank healing is very fun, especially with the Strength of Soul talent.

I would like to see Atonement healing become more viable with future bosses. Currently some boss hit boxes are so large that the heal can’t reach the tank (Al Akir, Ragnaros, etc.)

Raid healing as Disc is very spammy right now. Disc Priests spam Prayer of Healing with the occasional Power Word: Shield. I’d like to see more options for raid healing, such as a new AoE ability or make current spells like Renew more worthwhile to cast for Discipline.

Holy:

While Holy Priests have the ability to tank heal (much better than in Wrath) they still are extremely lacking. They don’t have the longevity and single target throughput required for many boss fights (Baleroc comes to mind). At a certain gear point, Disc Priests have the ability to spam Greater Heal without the fear of going oom. Holy does not have this luxury.

Raid healing as Holy is also very spammy, much like Disc. We have a ton of spells that can contribute to raid healing yet Prayer of Healing, Circle of Healing, and Prayer of Mending are the 3 that see the most use. Spells like Renew and our Holy Word spells have taken a backseat due to them not having the “oomph” required for the situation. It’s a real shame about Renew in particular because we have 5 talent points, a Chakra state, and a Prime Glyph dedicated to the spell and it is still lackluster.

Holy Word: Sanctuary can be so much more useful. It hardly gets used because of it’s outrageous mana cost compared with the minor amount of healing it does. It does ignore the “6-player or more” rule which has helped it gain more favor, but whether this was intended or whether it’s a bug is still yet to be determined (I’m leaning more towards intended).
90 Draenei Priest
*continued from previous post

Priests:

Dispel Magic and Cure Disease be merged into one spell.
A viable CC (for Shadow if nothing else).
A reduction in mana cost for Priest DoTs. Holy and Disc can’t be offensive with DoTs in PvP because of the outrageous cost of Shadow Word: Pain and Devouring Plague. Restoration Druids don’t have this issue.

Discipline:

A change with the Atonement heal range. Make that type of healing viable for bosses with larger hit boxes.

Implement another spell for Disc raid healing such as Renew or a brand new spell.

A change to the Shield Discipline mastery. Currently Shield Discipline only affects absorbs, which makes it a very weak stat for raid healing. It currently only affects Divine Aegis and Power Word: Shield. I’d like to see a Disc mastery that boosts both Healing and Shields to make the stat more attractive for raid healing. That, or bump the scaling that Prayer of Healing has with Divine Aegis.

Holy:

An increase in single target throughput. Make it more competitive with other healing classes like Druids and Shamans.

A talent that increases Spellpower. If the Devs want Spirit to be the primary source of regen for Holy then that’s fine, but give Holy a Spirit-to-Spellpower talent to help keep up with classes whose primary regen source is Intellect.

A buff to Renew. The Holy tree dedicates a lot to the spell and it’s current output is not making the cut.

A buff/change to Holy Word: Sanctuary. If you’re not gonna cut the cost of the spell, then buff it so it makes it worthwhile to spend the mana. The spell would be so much better if it scaled with Haste rather than Mastery.

A buff to Circle of Healing. It’s one of our staple abilities and it just doesn’t compare to it’s Druid equivalent Wild Growth. Part of this reason is because Wild Growth scales with Haste as well as Mastery and Crit whereas Circle of Healing only scales from Mastery and Crit. A buff to compensate would be great.

A change to the Holy Mastery: Echo of Light. Echo of Light is a unique Mastery and it is pure throughput for Holy Priests, but because it’s made into a HoT it tends to over-heal for most of it’s effect reducing it’s value in comparison to Haste. It also hardly scales with Renew, one of Holy’s defining abilities. I’d like to see it’s value increase to become more competitive with Haste.

A unique raid CD. This is another one of the main reasons why Holy Priests aren’t very desirable right now. Holy doesn’t offer any worthwhile CDs for raids right now, just a few mediocre ones. Power Word: Barrier is extremely strong for raids and is one of the reasons why players choose Disc over Holy. Holy has Divine Hymn (which is nothing, but an extremely weak Tranquility that temporarily boosts healing received for those affected) and Lightwell (which requires players to click it to even be effective.) Guardian Spirit is a very powerful tank CD, but it’s just that, a TANK CD. I would love it if Blizzard scrapped Divine Hymn entirely and had Chakra affect how Guardian Spirit works. In Chakra: Serenity have Guardian Spirit work like it currently does. In Chakra: Sanctuary have Guardian Spirit turn into a 3 min raid CD that prevents deaths and increases healing received for a certain number of players. Have it be place-able, and maybe even use a Spirit Healer graphic.

Example: Guardian Spirit- Summons a Guardian Spirit to watch over raid and party members. The Guardian Spirit will prevent up to 5 deaths and increase healing received by 10% to all party and raid members within 20 yards. Lasts 10 seconds.

Renew- Just doesn’t pack the punch needed.
Holy Word: Sanctuary- Expensive and doesn’t heal for a lot.
Heal- Slow and doesn’t heal for much. Really only used to refresh Renew for Holy.
Flash Heal- Fast but expensive. Only good when Surge of Light procs.
Mind Soothe- I’ve only used it when soloing low level instances and want to avoid mobs.
Shackle Undead- Extremely situational.
Mind Control- Really only effective sometimes in PvP, like at the Lumber Mill or in Eye of the Storm.
Edited by Lunarsôul on 9/18/2011 3:32 PM PDT
90 Worgen Priest
PvE and PvP as DPS

10man firelands

Casual BGs

- Shadow Orb RNG at the beginning of the fight in order to proc mastery DoT buff.
- Not having a passive mastery.
- Bad mobility.
- No interrupt.

- Mind vision.
- Ubber looks.
- MB crits.

- DoT mana effiency.
- Lack of responses against melee chars.

Rotation is fine, just check the RNG of shadow orbs at the beginning of fights.

- A spell like Diagonal Slide from the Black Bishop of SW's Cathedral, that spell would be castable only while in Shadowform with 30sec cooldown. (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=83991)
- Make Empowered Shadows a passive buff.
- Shadow Orb work to empower MB, MSpike AND MSear.
- Shadowy apparition move faster, really faster.
- Silence as base spell, 30 seconds cooldown. Improved Diagonal Slide instead of Silence current spot, Improved Diagonal Slide reduces cooldown by 15 seconds.
- First tick of SWP has 100% chance to proc a Shadow Orb.

Holy Nova
85 Undead Priest
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Mostly PvE, but recently PvP

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Mostly Heroics, I would like to raid but the time it takes to get a group together and start to finish is more time than I have unfortunatly. I do think that a Raid finder in this next patch will help the time issue though. So thanks in advance for that :)

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
I do BG's from time to time, but mostly Arenas. Don't play either a lot due to the fact that I am so squishy and get stun locked and owned before I can cast a heal.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I would like the caps for mastery, haste, ect. to display so that I can tell easier if I am getting deminishing returns on things or not. (or aren't there any and I'm just imagining them?)
I also think that the cool downs on the Hymns are too long for how little the benefit. I really like useing them but their cast time to their effectiveness just isn't worth it most of the time. I would like the cool downs to be shortened and perhaps their effectiveness increased would be nice. For example if I'm in a good group and we are pulling like crazy, it would be nice to be able to use the hymns on all boss fights not just every other one.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
I really enjoy healing as a holy priest, I get made fun of alot and get told to go to disc, but I really enjoy healing as a holy pirest, and I've been one since Burning Crusade. I definetly enjoy the chakara stances :)

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Being squishy, I tend to die alot if someone messes up and loses aggro, or in PvP I tend to be a huge target. But overall I'm happy with the class.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I feel as though the rotations are satisfactory. I used heal alot in the begining of cata, but as time went on I now hardly use it and I instead rely on flash heal or greater heal.
As shadow I think the rotation is fine, the only thing I could think to change is the procs on the shadow orbs.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
1. Shorter CD's on the Hymns and increase their effectiveness.
2. Make renew more worth the mana, either increase the healing, or decrease the mana, and also allow renew to proc echo of light (mastery)
3. The chakra stance Sanctuary needs to be redone, I really liked it in Wotlk (although it was slightly op) I feel as though its healing is to little for its mana cost. It's cd is also reletively long. I would like to see the healing increased, cd decreased, mana cost could go down a bit. I used it alot in Wotlk, and I miss using it.
4. Increase the amount that heal heals, its cast speed slightly, or decrease mana cost. It also would be really cool if as our mana went down the amount it healed would increase, for example if we are virtually oom it would heal double its normal amount or something.
5. Shackle Undead to become more versatile, Just turn it into Shackle that could Shackle Humanoids and Undead, Putting it more on par with mages sheeping or shamans hex
6. Leap of Faith CD reduced
7. Shadow orb ability to make all three appear or at least one on the next spell cast or something
■What spells do you use the least?
1. Mind Soothe
2. Mind Control
3. Shackle Undead
4. Holy Nova
5. Renew
6. Inner Will
7. Chakra Sanctuary
8. Leap of Faith (its fun but the cd is long)

Thank you for reading, I appologize for my horrible spelling, and also if I have things in the wrong place (things in quality of life that should be in wish list, and things in wish list that should be up there). I am looking forward to the next patch and excited to see the class changes :)

Thanks again for listening!!
Velentre
92 Human Priest

PvE

Although I'll play through any five man heroic a couple of times after it comes out and come back later to do achieves for fun, the vast majority of the time I spend in heroics is in pursuit of valor points or their current-tier equivalent. To be honest, I grow to hate most of the heroics during this grind, because I just get so sick of running them over and over.

I also raid in 10man, this is the part I love about the game and, for me, the whole point of playing WoW.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated Bgs]

occasional super-casual pvp. I fought in TB a lot at the beginning of the expansion until I got tired of it.

As a holy priest, chakras, that is, the decision between Sanctuary and Serenity chakra, are a huge part of my strategy for dealing with any given healing situation. Most people tend to think of these as made for raid and tank healing, receptively. However, I rarely find it practical to use Sanctuary in a 10-man raiding environment. Because of the lower number of players, Holy Word: Sanctuary is only worthwhile, in terms of mana, to cast when a very large percentage of the group is stacked up, in contrast with a much smaller percentage in 25-man. However, I really like the Sanctuary chakra state and wish I could use it more.

Life grip. Love it. Comes in handy all the time.

I still have issues with Shadowfiend. Sometimes it just sits there and doesn't start attacking, and by the time I notice I've already wasted most of it.

Not really relavent to my spec.

Mind control seems like it ought to be one of the most awesome abilities in the game, but I don't really get much chance to use it.

I almost never use mana burn of mind soothe.
90 Worgen Priest
What type of content do you focus on?
-PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
-Heroic 10-player Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP?
-BGs and some 2v2.

-First, Empowered Shadow has always been extremely clunky to use - it feels like something put in after the fact, which indeed it is. Making Empowered Shadow a passive increase in the fashion of most other dps masteries would make things far, far better to work with and more fun. Pushing myself to get a Mind Blast off as fast as I can when it comes off cooldown is fun - sitting there not casting my highest damage spell because I'm waiting for my 18% chance at an orb is not fun in the slightest. The clunkiness of Empowered Shadow is especially noticeable with Mind Sear - being required to use single target spells in order to aoe at max capacity feels very clumsy.

-Second, Shadow Word: Death backlash. The backlash damage from Shadow Word: Death doesn't really seem to serve any purpose, except to make Shadow Word: Death nearly or even completely unusable on many fights - Chimaeron, Heroic Magmaw P2, Baleroc, Beth'tilac P2, Rhyolith P2, Halfus, Cho'gall P2. It's especially confusing when considering the fact that no comparable ability (Kill Shot, Execute, Drain Soul, Soulfire) deals backlash damage to the caster.

-Third, the lack of CC. Once Psychic Scream is used, it's extremely difficult to get a melee character off of me. The lack of a CC ability that works outside of SFK was also very annoying during the first month or so of Cata, when CC was required for heroics.

-Shadowform. It's the prime reason I made a priest in the first place.

-Haste. Having spells cast faster and take more attention to manage makes things more exciting - I've rarely had as much fun as a shadow priest as I did in ICC, with my 1.88 second mind flay cast.

-The lack of dps while moving. Most other caster classes have some spell which they can cast while moving, in order to do at least some damage. They might do low damage, or be inefficient (ice lance as a non-frost mage, for example), but they can do some damage nonetheless. Shadow priest has a single 10 second cooldown, and a dot refresh (Imp DP) which can't be used every GCD while moving due to "more powerful spell" errors.

-There are very few, if any, choices to be made in choosing talents. After picking up all of the critical talents (or talents to fill a tier to reach a critical talent, like Mental Agility), I have two optional points, and only pvp talents to put them in. In WotLK there were several optional talents, all of which were viable for raiding: Improved Shadowform and Improved Vampiric Touch, for example.

-The removal of spell pushback reduction. On some fights I'll lose 1/3 of nearly every mind flay to aoe pulse damage.

-The crippling of Vampiric Embrace. I miss having a self-healing capacity in both raids and pvp. In WotLK, I noticed immediately in combat if I forgot to cast Vampiric Embrace. In Cata, I usually don't realize it until afterwards, because the effect it has on my health is so negligible.

-The new Cata shadowform sound. It's a minor detail, but the sound made upon entering shadowform before patch 4.0 was far superior. It actually managed to sound shadowy, and not just a little woosh. (This is a problem with Thunderclap and Devastate as well.)

-The eclipsing of Power Word: Shield. I somewhat enjoyed discipline healing in WotLK, due to the high shield:damage ratio. It was different, fun, and felt like I was doing more than just racing the boss' swing timer. Having shields absorb so little damage nowadays has left healing totally uninteresting.

-With the exception of Empowered Shadow, I very much like how the current rotation feels.

-An instant cast spell to use while moving.

-A raid buff/debuff - I frequently feel like I bring very little to a raid aside from my dps and Mind Quickening when comparing to classes that bring three to five raid benefit abilities, most of them passively.

-Mind Spike only finds rare use in raids, slightly more in pvp.

-Leap of Faith frequently goes on cooldown without doing anything when I cast it, and the facing requirement makes it difficult to use.

-Shackle Undead. Used on the Springvale encounter in H SFK (which I haven't seen in many months), and nothing else. Despite the respective reputations of WotLK and Cata, I did far more CCing in the previous expansion than I have in this one.

-Mind Control is sometimes useful in pvp and pretty much worthless in pve, due to immunities and being channeled.
85 Blood Elf Priest
What type of content do you focus on? Almost exclusively PvE as Shadow.

If PvE, what type of PvE? 10 man raids with the occasional Zul*.

If PvP, what type of PvP? In the extremely rare case that I do feel like PVP, BGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? RNG being painful (Conq token drops) and incredibly frustrating (orbs/mastery). Still having to drop Shadowform to handle diseases after losing the ability to single-target dispel. Feeling like a jerk if I roll on int/hit gear and taking items from locks/mages, but then still feeling like a jerk if I roll on a 'healer' item with spirit on it. I enjoy the benefit of Spirit = Hit now, sure, but it also lends itself to feeling a bit stuck in between.

What makes playing your class more fun? Shadow's DPS priorities. Shadowfiend being a mana return with personality and some damage output. Mind controlling large angry creatures and forcing them to beat their friends up. Being purple, smoky, and creepy. I enjoy the feeling of (theoretically) having a ton of tools at my disposal in whichever spec I am at the time.

What makes playing your class less fun? When my PVE toolbox is altered due to PVP concerns. When my Shadowfiend doesn't feel like casting Shadowcrawl until I tell him to, even though it's set to "always do this when you can, little guy". When I can't get an orb to proc to save my life.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I greatly enjoy that Shadow isn't a set rotation, damage-wise, and feels like something that I actually have to pay attention to rather than just having a castsequence macro, yet still feels like there's a rhythm to it.

- Reducing the randomness or adding a slight bit of control to how we get orbs; not much point in having mastery on my gear if I never actually see them. Some people suggested very elegant solutions to this.

- Make Mind Control more useful: too many immune mobs (it's already restricted to humanoids as it is), more abilities at hand when they aren't immune. If the mob's damage is a concern, tone it down in the abilities given, rather than just rendering us unable to CC at all (I'm looking at you again, BoT entryway trash).

- I hate to harp on MC issues, but I rolled this toon in BC after hearing about this amazing neat ability that Priests had and I was super stoked to try it out for myself! And then it's felt remarkably randomly-useful since I got my hands on it: it felt very useful in BC, completely useless on Wrath humanoids, and very "buyer beware" in Cata (ZA Flame Casters pulling whole other groups if I dare use their AOE - I don't recall this being an issue during BC). This is a totally unique ability to our class, please allow it to be viable CC.

- The old Shadowform noise. The individual that thought it needed replacing should find their pointy cap and sit in the corner until they've learned their lesson: insert link to Seth Meyers' "Really?" here.

What spells do you use the least? Mana Burn. Shackle unless Darkheart happens to be up. I never seem to find a use for Mind Soothe unless I'm clearing a previous expansion's content.
85 Undead Warlock
What type of content do you focus on? PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE? none

If PvP, what type of PvP? arenas, hopefully one day randomized arenas.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? I was hoping for a way for blizzard to incorporate a way to play arenas like how we play battle grounds. Kind of like a Dota set up, where we have the option to play with others or just randomly with people we don't know. I believe this really emphasizes skill and how fun it can be doing arenas. I'm kinda tired that i have to look for new arenas partners after I leave for 2 weeks in order to study or go on vacation.

What makes playing your class more fun? Burst :]

What makes playing your class less fun? Main as shadow, I run out of mana super fast. I'm jealous of warlocks unlimited mana tap, and UA ability. I miss when my Vampiric touch did damage too, when people dispelled it. I wanna better way to survive like other dps casters.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Honestly it's kinda weird but im used to it, big change after 5 years of playing.
What’s on your wish list for your class? Better mana regen sources, surviving buffs.
What spells do you use the least? standard heal?
85 Gnome Priest
PvE

Raids (10 man normals), 5 man heroics (both T11 and ZA/ZG)

N/A

Life Grip bugginess. It's an incredibly fun spell, but when I try to use it more often than not I get "No path to target" or it just burns the CD. Divine Hymn feels extremely lackluster as a raids CD when compared to other raid healing CDs like Tranquility.

Holy's pretty numbers all over my screen! Both Holy and Disc have a great healing toolbox, and at least with my disc spec I find myself using a lot of it. Having so many options while healing was a bit overwhelming at first, but now I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I also really like the freedom healing priests have with specs. There are a few points that are pretty much "personal preference points" that still make up the best specs. I don't feel pigeon-holed into HAVING to pick this EXACT spec or else I'll be performing way under expectations. The freedom of preference for most secondary stats also makes me feel like I'm both contributing to progression as well as playing how I want to play.

Raid healing as holy. It's still fun, but less fun than with Disc -- Holy Word: Sanctuary is a spell that I really wish I could use, but I just can't justify using it unless we're sitting around waiting for someone to un-AFK.

I also have a problem with Lightwell, but not with how I have to tell people to click it. In a guild raid, my guildmates are all very good about clicking it -- When they can. More often than not, the Lightwell gets dwarfed by the boss's massive hitbox so they have to do some crazy camera manipulation in order to click it. Giving it a higher priority on the mouseover function detection (or whatever it is) would make it a much more user-friendly spell.

I have no problems with either Holy or Disc "rotations." It's pretty situational, and I like that variety.

A pipe dream is the above proposed monk spec. That would be incredibly cool, but ultimately a nightmare to implement and balance.

I also want the old Divine Aegis effect back =(

Mind Soothe -- Even while leveling
Holy Word: Sanctuary
Whatever the Smite Chakra state is.
Mind Control -- Not much opportunity in PvE healing. Not a fault with the spell, but it's not used...
Shackle Undead -- There simply isn't a lot of undead to shackle this xpac.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]