Class Feedback – Priest

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Priest
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE as Shadow

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics and Basic Raiding, took a bit of a break but am coming back.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Sometimes the Spriest toolbox feels a little light. This is a hard complaint to make, as Spriest damage is typically very high, but at times it feels like your life is comprised of about four spells and that is all you get. I make this comparison coming from a Shaman, who has tons of utility and much less damage. I guess it is hard to find a good balance.

What makes playing your class more fun?

-The "rotation" that requires you to pay attention to what is going on. Having to manage DoTs and buffs across multiple targets is a fun challenge and keeps you involved in the fight.
-The haste aspect is fun.

What makes playing your class less fun?

Solo PVE ability to survive feels somewhat limited. Our heals are not strong compared to the damage you take as a cloth class so at times you can feel overwhelmed with the decision to cast a heal, and lose shadowform, or keep shadowform for damage reduction and try to kite with the limited mobility that shadow has.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Rotation is great, very engaging. I'd enjoy more utility, maybe a new DoT, but for the most part, I enjoy the rotation.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

-Shadow Orb management (currently you don't manage shadow orbs, they manage you based on when they proc)
-A slight bit more utility so you can feel as if you bring something besides damage to a raid/group. Currently it feels like because I am Shadow I'm locked out of the usefulness of 2/3 of the class. Yes, I can cast Disc spells, but for the most part, I have no need to. Perhaps (and I realize this would be a lot of work) make it so shadowform changes the effect of spells cast from other trees. So when I cast Heal in shadow it doesn't knock me out of Shadow, but does a low damage/mid heal on myself (similar to death coil). Casting renew while in Shadow gives me a small life return for a few seconds every time I am damaged, etc. Ways to give us survivability that sacrifices damage output without having to drop shadow and waste mana on inefficient spells we aren't meant to cast.
Edit: -Better glyph options.

What spells do you use the least?

-Mind soothe/Mind vision
-Heals
Edited by Eliziana on 9/19/2011 9:32 AM PDT
85 Draenei Priest
I love being a priest. I mainly do disc healing and dps in bg's and dungeons. I don't like shadow dps so I choose disc dps with penance and smite, which is more fun for me then shadow.

-PVE mostly and some PVP.

-Other -Dungs. Have not started raids yet.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs

-BG'S

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

-Wands. I use them only for stats. Might as well be a relic item for casters.

-Being able to save the day so to speak with a bunch of spells at my disposal.
-Versatility in dungeons and bg's. I love being able to heal and dps at the same time in bg's, off heal in a pinch for dungeons, and not have to sacrifice much in the same tree to do so. [PENANCE]

-Ridiculous mana constraints especially at higher levels.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

-No heal rotation...go with the flow and choose whats best for the situation.
-I would like to have a dedicated disc dps rotation established. I want to do full fledge disc dps.

-I would like for disc dps to become a more viable option in pve from start to endgame content.
-Provide spec with a damage boost comparable to other casters. (optional in tree)
-I would like to see Archangel apply a damage increase to penance as well as heals once proc'd, and
for healing it should be able to proc and stack with penance heals.
-Hymm of Hope and Divine Hope both needs to become more efficient. Please make it a party/raid efffect, boost its output, and lower cooldown. Also Mana Burn costs too much, long cast time, and too little burn. (how about making it a channeled spell...so much potential with that spell).
-I would like to see all classes gaining a pvp tree.

-Mind Soothe (useless)
-Heal (not even worth it)
Edited by Jalysia on 9/19/2011 12:15 PM PDT
85 Troll Warrior

Both, PvP primary focus

25m raids, few heroics

All of it! Don't exclude attempting to world pvp in/around main cities. :D

GCD between Inner Fire and Inner Will. The benefit of Inner Will is slight in comparison to Inner Fire.

As shadow, the ramp up is either too quick, or too slow. I enjoy the required ramp up you all are making for each dps class, it has helped quite a bit in terms of zerg pvp within arena, although with the current shadow orb mechanics, I feel my burst is one extreme or another. I've thought of a few more static changes, for example; a shadow orb on mindflay (no more than once every 3 seconds), or even a orb on Shadow Word Death use.

Hymn of hope's channel is frustrating at times.

I thoroughly what was done to shadow this expansion in regard to dotting a target and mind flay for high sustained damage, but also having a burst option through mindspikes+mind blast.

I also greatly love having a plethora of group help mechanics through being able to offheal/peel/and fear our targets to help setup a win.

As shadow, priests have quite a few abilities to restore our mana, although all of which with the exception of shadowfiend require us to stop pressure. Dispersion comes to mind, being our main defensive ability sometimes must be used to keep mana up, which opens us up to a hard switch and taken down. Shadowword death does miniscule damage outside of execute range, but must be used to keep mana up and sometimes forces it to be on cooldown when we really need it.

Being squishy is the name of the game when playing a caster, I understand that and I am inclined to improve my play based on that, although it is extraordinarily frustrating to be locked out completely from play if melee is training me. For me to setup my dots or burst it requires my team to completely focus on feels, and less on what they are required for damage ramp up or CC.
Other casters have great tools to get off at least one round of dots/burst, although if I am being trained I am only available to get off two of my dots and run/offheal.

The rotation of shadow feels very fluid and comfortable. Talents do a great job of adding synergy between my abilities and I very much enjoy the current direction of the class/spec.

As stated earlier in my post, I very very much love our option between burst damage through mindspike/mindblast and dot targeting. This adds great versatility with our class, and gives us great options in pvp to adapt to what is occurring.

A way to allow us to keep damage rolling without playing in fear of kick. As it is, a kick on any shadow cast locks us out of everything aside from mindspike (being shadowfrost), possibly making mindflay shadowfrost damage as well, we would be able to have more options available to continue small pressure while being locked out of our main nuke.

Our fear utility is great, and I will rarely ever ever say any class needs more CC. The overabundance of CC is exhausting in pvp, although warriors/Dks fear immunity gives us little use in arena if one of those classes are sitting on us.
Even giving our fear a 3-4 second horrify effect for the first few seconds, and the remainder being the tradtiional fear effect would keep both warriors/dks their flavor of being fear immune, although still give priests a way to get a cast off every now and then. :D

A way to keep mana up in pvp without having to rely on dispersion/SWD/hymn of hope to do so.
Inner will
Greater heal (pvp)
mind vision
mine soothe
hymn of hope, great ability channel is extremely long and hard to use in pvp unless we are being ignored.
85 Human Priest
I would like to see Shadow Priests get mind sear before 74.Holy nova is not a shadow spell so why make us use it? Also we are casters, and to use holy nova we gotta get up in the faces of our enemies , if i wanted to do that id roll a DK.
85 Draenei Priest
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both (mostly healing)

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroic/Regular 25man raids.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Rated Bgs, BGs for fun and Arena only if I didn't cap conquest in Rated Bgs

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
-Smite and Holy Fire have a 30 yard cast range this is not concurrent with the baseline of 40 yards for other healing and damage spells.

-I also cannot always control if I will be the target of Hymn of Hope, I raid mostly 25man, so with at least 10-15mana users in the group I have to ensure when I take 8 seconds to use this ability there will be no urgent healing required. So having to combine this with ensuring that I am one of the 3 lowest on mana as well is not always possible.

-Divine Hymn and Hymn of Hope affect 3 targets, this scales poorly from 10 to 25man raiding. It has the same output but the percentage of people I am saving/aiding diminishes due to the raid size.

-The hitbox/girth of several Cataclysm raid bosses is too large to benefit from the Attonement talent. Al'akir and Ragnaros encounters this talent does not seem to work.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
Attonement, Leap of Faith, Mind Control, Psychic Scream, mana burn, offensive dispel magic, mind vision. Overall the utility that I feel exists within the priest class

# What makes playing your class less fun?
Refer to the 4 quality of life points above (and Necrotic strike)

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Overall I am pleased with it. The most issue I have is with balancing whether or not to spare a gcd to swap between inner will and inner fire. I use a fair balance of instant and cast time heals, but due to the gcd and the fact that inner will does not stack with boot run speed enchants I often neglect switching because juggling them is reminiscent of totem or seal swapping.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
An interuppt.

# What spells do you use the least?
Spirit of Redemption, I know it's not a spell but I feel talenting into improved death is no longer worth the point after the spirit buff within the talent was removed in 4.0
Edited by Korru on 9/20/2011 9:06 PM PDT
85 Gnome Warlock
All I'm going to add here is Gnome Priests make no sense as far as lore goes. Priests use holy power whereas Gnomes would have no part in this whatsoever. If there is to be a gnome healer of any sort it should be that of a medic using technology to heal their party, not holy magic. All gnomes are interested in is their own technology. They have no care at all for their history like the Dwarven, and subscribe to no holy power like the Humans. Fix this please.
*What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Shadowpriest PVE.

*If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics working getting in raids.

*If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
I used to do BGs and Arenas as Disc but having fun with PvE.

*What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I don't know don't have a lot of experience. Maybe getting out of shadowform for hyme of hope.

*What makes playing your class more fun?
DPSing as shadowpriest I love the spells ,dots, and the spec. Also I like disc healing and using bubles.

*What makes playing your class less fun?
I don't like the mastery for shadowpriest and keep spaming Mind Flay until I get an shadow orb so I can get the buff. Also, not good DPS for trash.

*How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
For DPS they're fine expect for waiting to get Shadow Orb although another spell to break up Mind Flays would be nice. Don't have a lot of DPS spells. Also, easy to mess up rotation when moving.

*What’s on your wish list for your class?
Another spell to break up Mind Flays maybe a dot or damaging attack. An instant cast we can do when moving maybe something like Explosive Shot a short powerful dot with a cooldown of course.
Shadow Apparition are very cool but I rarely see them procing maybe increase their spawn rate.
A nuke cooldown other than shadowfiend.
Reduce Dark Archangel cooldown. I thought its going to be same as the healing one. Their fun to manage.
Buff Vampiric Embrace.
Longer duration for dots.

*What spells do you use the least?
Mind Control. Mind Sooth. Shackle Undead. For healing, Heal.
Edited by Chinco on 9/25/2011 2:58 PM PDT
90 Worgen Priest
I MS Shadow PVE raids and OS Disc PVE

PVE

T12 Raids (10M, Shadow), T11 raids (10M, Disc), and Heroics (Disc)

Disc:
I would like to see Inner Fire and Inner Will go off GCD as i can see great potential in conserving mana by switching to IW every 12ish seconds to proc rapture but using a GCD without doing any healing just seems like an inconvenience.

I want to get the surge of light talent in holy but it doesn’t proc nearly enough (0-2 times in a heroic boss, 4ish in a t11 raid boss), this just doesn’t seem worth the 2 talent points.

When smite healing, sometimes i would rather it heal the tank than a nearby melee dps and not having the option of who it heals forces me to direct heal if large amounts of damage is coming up (eg shadow flame breath after a crackle during the Nefarian fight). Perhaps a beacon of light like ability (off GCD) for toggling whether it heals a selected person or the lowest person.

Rapture has a 12 second cd while PW:S weakened soul debuff is 15 seconds which forces me to use a direct heal to lower weakened soul (though this ends up being useful in tank healing to maintain grace while using penance elsewhere). The inconsistency with the shield breaking and the timing of rapture make it near impossible to optimize my mana regen.

Shadow:
Nothing really comes to mind, i think the spec is great though multi-dotting is too difficult when I have to move around a lot (eg avoiding traps and spear on Shannox may cause enough down time on one of my targets to lose dots). Perhaps extending the duration of Spriest dots would solve this.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

Disc:
Ending on high mana and having the burst healing through archangel and Power Infusion to pull the raid away from the brink of destruction. Also smite healing is very fun as it gives me something to do when no one is taking significant damage (it has great healing throughput as well).

Shadow:
Doing the most damage, multi-dotting and using utility spells such as leap of faith, PW:S, Dispersion and levitate to save myself and others from certain death.

Disc:
The delay between the smite hit and the heal combined with burst single target raid damage can cause miss healing (eg smiting ignacious to heal the tank during his flame thrower thingy and a water lance hits the melee causing my heal to go elsewhere and potentially causing a near miss with the tanks hp).

The healing done from atonement can often not reach the tank or melee during large boss fights such as nefarian ("large" referring to the physical size of the boss) especially when nef first lands for example and the tank is moving away during a shadow flame breath. Being forced to direct heal due to the Atonement mechanic not working the way I'd prefer is not fun though I accept that it is often a better healing solution.

Shadow:
Dots dropping off during periods of a lot of moving around and having to refresh my dots at the beginning to gain the mastery buff because it is extremely unlikely that i would start the fight with a shadow orb to burn. Also bad RNG causing me to go on a no shadow orb streak making the best dps solution a little hazy though this is more of a 1/5 encounters thing.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency)
Disc:
I enjoy the mixture of direct and smite healing as well as my ability to use damage reduction cds.

Shadow:
I love the mechanic within the dots themselves which allows them to carry the stats and buffs long after they have passed off me. This keeps me on the lookout for the volcanic deck proc and tricks of the trade to refresh my dots (vamp touch and devo plagues). I in general like the Spriest rotation in and its potential for high dps. Its a little difficult getting shadow orbs for aoe dps though.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Disc:
Improved divine hymn, inner fire/inner will off GCD or on its own GCD, longer vamp touch/SW:P duration (without losing dps preferably), surge of light reworked or buffed, rapture reworked to give mana at a more predictable time.

■What spells do you use the least?
Renew, mind control, mind sooth, flash heal

PVP as Shadow

Arena as Shadow

-I wish changing from Inner Fire to Inner Will didn't cost a GCD like hunter aspects but I imagine if that is changed you have to change lock armor also.

-Trying to death CC is still sometimes very buggy. According to the combat logs I take the damage after I get sheeped but it doesn't break. I macro in cancelaura PW:Shield but sometimes the death works sometimes it doesn't.

-Being able to Mass Dispel CC off my healer is nice and adds an extra dynamic to shadow PvP.

-Being able to put out lots of offensive multi-target pressure while still being able to sacrifice that for big burst. It makes you always have to make a tough decision every second.

-Offensive and Defensive self dispels. It alleviates some of the pressure on our healer to get everything.

-Having holy walk and fade to keep mobile is very nice. I never feel like I'm being slowed to a point where I cannot escape or get behind a pillar.

-Shadow priest damage is so very prone to dispels. While Sin and Punishment does provide decent dispel protection I find that a lot of teams will begin the match dispeling most of my VT's. They stop dispelling if our team is putting out too much pressure and the healer has to use the GCD's for heals. But the problem lies in that I have to keep VT up for our team to put out pressure but if they keep getting dispelled very quickly then it just keeps putting us even more behind.

-I know that mana management is supposed to work as a damage cap of sorts on shadow priests but I find that especially if a lot of VTs are getting dispelled that I have mana problems very quickly. If I'm being swapped to on and off it's not an issue but if the other team just ignores me then I'm finding that SW:Deathing, dispersing, and archangel on cooldown is sometimes not enough to handle all of the heavy mana cost spells of shadow.

-Interrupts are out of control. I think a caster should be rewarded for juking an interrupt by being able to cast for a few seconds. Not by juking and then getting gouged/gripped/stunned/blanketed. I feel like sometimes I have to juke three interrupts from the opponents then another slew of stuns. It's a bit overwhelming sometimes and damn near impossible to cast.

-No real rotation in PvP but one mechanic that does get a little frustrating at times is shadow orb randomness and Mind Spike consuming all 3 shadow orbs. The first mind spike hits hard but the second and the Mind Blast crit don't hit as hard as I think they should. I think each Mind Spike should consume one orb and if you Mind Spike 3 times to get the 100% crit on Mind Blast then your Mind Blast won't get the benefit of one orb but if you gamble and go for two Mind Spikes then it can. I can always Mind blast with the 3 orbs but my crit is so low with my haste stacking that it rarely crits.

-More severe punishment for dispelling Vampiric Touch or some sort of change. I was thinking maybe making the one who gets dispelled and everyone six yards or closer eat the horror instead of the dispeller might be interesting. Dispelling UA is such a steeper punishment and it would be nice to get and equally strong dispel protection for shadow.

-Some other spell that I can use to slow people. Mind Flay is the only one and it's channeled and impossible to cast while running. I understand that this could be a little OP with holy walk and fade but melee train priests so hard now and even if I holy walk or fade they run just as fast as I do. My only peel for them is fear and almost every melee class has a fear break so I have to eat over 40 seconds of them whomping on me before I can fear again.

There aren't many that I don't use really. I didn't use Mind Soothe for a while until I noticed that it's another thing that they have to dispel to get the fear. I guess I don't use cure disease at all. I also only go into Inner Will in the beginning of a match when I'm doing a lot of offensive dispels or if I'm chasing a healer to land a fear. The spell power loss is just too great to stay in it otherwise.
85 Night Elf Priest
looks to me like 90% of priests only do pve... :[
90 Blood Elf Priest

PVE - I mostly play as Discipline.

10-man raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

It's a pain to have Cure Disease and Dispel Magic as two separate spells. Every other healing class has their debuff-removing abilities combined into a single spell. Priests have a huge amount of healing abilities that get used all the time - combining these two things would free up a keybind.

Shadowfiends are dumb. I'd really like it if their auto-attack setting was reliable.

The change to the Divine Aegis graphic was unfortunate. I'd really like to be able to tell the difference between a DA bubble and a PW:S by the visual.

Priests have a ton of different abilities. It's fun to play around and find the best spell for every situation. The utility that priest's have is also great. Between Barrier, Pain Suppression, Power Infusion, Hymn of Hope and Leap of Faith I really feel like I'm making an impact on the raid's performance rather than just straight healing.

I enjoy that secondary stat priorities for disc priests are fairly fluid. Unlike druids (where building your gear around the 2005 haste breakpoint can be somewhat limiting), priests can pick and choose the stats they want, which makes gearing easier.

I also really enjoy the priest talent trees. I feel like every talent I take makes a noticible difference in healing. There is a lack of boring, filler talents that don't have much impact.

I don't enjoy Atonement spec. This isn't a huge deal since it's not a requirement, but the times I have used it, it feels awkward and counter-intuitive.

Raid healing can sometimes be difficult. When damage is constant or predictable shields and DA absorbs are great, but in situations where the damaging effects are further apart (such as Rhyolith's Stomps or Rag's Magma Traps), our ability to heal multiple people up at once feels limited. Prayer of Healing isn't that impressive if the DA bubbles don't get used, and the fact that it's still limited by party can be frustrating.

The tank healing rotation is great. We have so many great direct healing spells and some nice cooldowns to help out.

The raid healing rotation isn't all that engaging.When only a few people are taking damage we have great tools to get them healed, but when everyone's taking damage at once, Prayer of Healing spam can get very boring.

- Cure Disease and Dispel Magic combined into one ability.
- A better raid healing spell - something that's not limited to one party and also doesn't rely on Divine Aegis to make it effective.
- A working shadowfiend.
- The return of the original DA look
- Improvements for Divine Hymn. The healing from it isn't great. I don't think it needs to put out huge amounts of healing, but even if it put out the same amount of healing over less time, that would be great. A 6-second channel (with faster ticks) would feel more worthwhile and like less of a waste of time.

Renew. I generally don't use this at all in raids.
Edited by Pasiphae on 9/20/2011 9:43 AM PDT
90 Human Priest
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics/Raids

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas/BGs

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
To echo many previous sentiments, the lack of a real raid cooldown for Holy, and the inability to depend on Hymn of Hope for self mana recovery.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
I love the healing diversity. (Personal favorite, Prayer of Mending.) Learning to use all the tools effectively makes one feel awesome. Please give a cookie to whoever designed Leap of Faith as well.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
Having to pretty much bid the world farewell in PvP when there's a DK or Warrior in your face.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
The healing model change from LK is great. Being able to (and essentially required to) use most of your spells intelligently makes it far more engaging to heal.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
Other than what was mentioned in the quality of life issues, I have only one qualm.
Shadowfiend. It saddened me deeply when I found out shortly after starting WoW I'd have to use it for mana regeneration. It's fine and great for shadow, but I always felt that it was very inappropriate and out of place for a Holy priest to employ such a creature. If you could find it in your hearts to give us something more...holy? (Mechanics are fine! Just maybe a simple graphical change like you did with Frostfire Orb?) You'd make this ol' priest smile with satisfaction.

# What spells do you use the least?
Mind Soothe, Mind Vision

Thank you for this opportunity! Looking forward to 4.3!
85 Night Elf Priest
PvE Shadow Priest

Heroics/Raids

N/A

The RNG of Shadow Orbs: An unlucky dry spell may have you "fishing" wildly for an orb, and still end up missing major Intellect/Spellpower procs. Having more raid utility would be nice...we can't use fears and MC in raid really when it comes to CC, and 5% spell haste as our only dps buff doesn't make us as attractive as the other spell caster classes.

The DoT and mind-flay filler rotation is nice, and we are extremely good on multi-target fights

Lack of dps buffs in comparison to other casters. Vampiric Embrace healing is practically a useless mechanic, buffing it might make up for our lack of dps buffs, but right now nobody seeks out a shadow priest for VE in raid, or even 5 mans. Lack of Raid CC, they are immune to mind control and fear, and I don't see any undead to shackle lately, lol.

We don't have any serious DPS cooldowns, Dark Archangel and Shadowfiend are nice for small dps gain, but mostly spent every time they are available because of the mana regen properties, and not usually reserved for burn/execute phases or burst damage.

It's pretty good, but some dps Cooldowns could improve our burst damage or at least add some variety into the rotation. A CD to force shadow orbs would be awesome, or perhaps a CD which allows us to use Mind Spike without erasing DoTs for a duration. This way we could have some CDs to save for burst damage moments like burn phases or nuking high priority adds

1. Even more dark/ominous/cool looking shadowform, and a cooler looking shadowfiend
2. More DPS buffs to provide in raid like other spellcasters
3. Useful CC in raid like other spellcasters
4. A serious DPS CD which would make burst damage, execute phases more fun.
5. Buff Vampiric Embrace to make it noteworthy healing if you are doing exceptionally high damage, or even sacrificing it to add the above changes would be great.
6. Overall either make our healing side of our hybrid class more useful in raid, or have us lean even more towards damage...because right now it feels like we have been given PW: Fortitude, Shadow Protection, and VE all at the cost of DPS raid buffs, whereas none of those three are very special in raid.
97 Gnome Priest
Both

10/25

Battlegrounds and Arena with friends for fun.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Ok, this is gonna be a Quality of Life/less fun answer:

Mana regen, omg MANA regen. This has been an issue since BC(for Holy). We've had the worst of the healers in terms of this. Why its not been fixed is pretty astounding. Bring back the old serenity or make it so our Chakra States return mana.

Next is the Holy Mastery. Why echo of light? It makes no sense at all. Give it to the Paladins who've wanted a Hot for a while now. Well maybe the holy paladins I know do. I mean you already gave them a bubble, why not go over the top like you always do for them and give them everything. I swear one day I'll log on and my priest will be a pally, with a note saying the priest class has been deleted (sorry rant there). Honestly though, it really doesn't make any sense to me, when there was a better option of having our mastery increase the Chakra bonuses. PoH is so lack luster right now its not even funny. I mean it barely heals for more than it did in LK, what is with that. Well it heals for more but the scaling of it is just bad.

Renew, renew, renew, feels like a waste for 5 talent points and its not even viable, in my opinion. I do not care of I can keep it rolling on 4 to 5 people in the Serenity Chakra. And I never cast it in the Sanctuary Chakra. Its a waste. I'd rather those 5 points buff Heal the same way they buff renew, except instead of Divine Touch, insert Inspiration.

Discipline is in a good state, but it feels like its missing something. Only grief with this is change the divine aegis to just 30% healed. I mean we have so low crit now its not even funny. Its not LK, when I had like 45% crit or more. Also adjust the mastery, for you get better gains stacking nothing but Int. I hate that, I want to diversify a little. But right now its just Int and Haste. There are no more gear choices, especially since there is NO spirit on FL gear.

I actually use all my spells. Healing has come a long way and I feel its in a pretty good place as a whole.

Two classes do it better and easier.

There are no rotations in healing and I like it that way so much better than the days of which rank to cast, and then only cast that spell. However, blizz, you never fixed our mana issues. I made complaints in BC and they are still here today.

Change Mastery for Holy. Chakra is like the coolest shiz I've seen for holy. Why you didn't take the obvious road and make mastery buff the different Chakra states boggles me a bit. Because lets be honest, Echo of Light is bad. Its a knock of LK tier. It was bad then and its still bad now.

And last thing, which I know will never change, can we merge the two healing trees. I mean come on why two healing trees. Disc used to be mandatory for certain buffs for holy so for the longest time we only had 2 trees. Now we have 3 but two are healing, however this causes so many issues, namely we are lack luster in comparison to other healers because we can't have priests doing everything. I know it won't change, and I'll probably leave this game when I find a game that doesn't do this.

Renew, its just bad. Its overheal almost 100%. Either buff it to be on par with a Druid hot or just remove it.
Edited by Minipom on 9/20/2011 10:52 AM PDT
90 Undead Priest
Just a single criticism:

Shadow spec is completely gimped for leveling.

The combination of expensive spells, abysmal mana regen, lackluster dps and pathetic durability pushes any intelligent player to Disc(Atonement) for leveling up (until at least L70).

Specific Leveling Issues:
Removal of T1 Spirit Tap talent means low level mana regen is crippled. It takes a combination of a very expensive Spirit Tap Glyph at L32 and 2/2 Masochism (L43) before you have any semblance of regen. Full BoAs with double INT trinkets doesnt even help enough. Only after Dispersion does the regen situation become manageble (still not great, but manageable)

For a supposed "DoT Class", it is simply NOT viable to cast dots until you have most of your regen talents and abilities and decent gear (meaning L85 and full 346 gear). And the flipside, Mind Flay and Mind Blast spam is extremely boring. Mind Spike is fun because it sets up fun Mind Blast crits, but doesn't come until L81.

Nerfing Vampiric Embrace down to 6% turned a useful soloing/leveling tool into useless garbage. (You took a strong soloing class and turned in into a fragile mage without shields, or slows/roots)

PW:S: PW:S helped offset the uselessness of 6% VE. Nerfing PW:S duration by 50% had more negative impact on leveling toons than on any other part of the game. Casting this spell 2x as often on top of already horrible mana regen compounds the issue.

Shadow DPS in instances is among the worst in the game. DoTs are too expensive to cast and mobs die too fast (full dots means OOM every pull). You can't ever rely on a KB with SW:D to prop up regen. SW:D for Masochism regen will get you yelled at by healers. Single target DPS is only average. No ability to AoE until L62 (Holy Nova)

Shadow is very competitive in endgame, but poor dps and constant mana issues while leveling ensures that very few people will stick to it.

Recommendations:
Reduce DoT costs by at least 12% (the same amount you nerfed damage recently)
Create a Major Glyph of Vampiric Embrace: Increases self-healing by 300% (6% -> 24%) but reduces party healing by 66% (6% > 2%)
Reduce PW:S mana cost for Shadow only by 50%-80%
Let Spirit Glyph trigger anytime the target is in 'execute' range, not just on the killing blow.
Give the shadowpriest an AoE damge spell earlier than L62
85 Undead Priest

PvE Mainly, though I do some light PvP

All, though I raid 10 man only.

BG's mostly, rarely arena when picking up single items is feasible (just doing it "for the points")

No real quality of life concerns, the reagent issue for levitate would be the only real thing I could cite but it's easily taken care of with a glyph

I enjoy the holy play style in raids. The chakra mechanic allows me to switch back and forth between single target and AoE style healing, as dictated by the situation. I enjoy the strategic part of chakra choice, which forces me to understand, anticipate and act on changing raid damage patterns.

I also enjoy the raid cooldowns - guardian spirit in particular allows me to stand out as a healer - as fast reaction time or excellent situational awareness will enable me to save a player that another person might not be able to keep up. Leap of Faith would also fit into this category. The power of a holy priest is directly influenced by my own personal skill with the class, since higher awareness and understanding of the game allows me to more effectively use these tools.

More generally, I enjoy the feeling of "watching over" my party as a priest; keeping people out of trouble and saving them when they do take damage.

I find that personally, the other two specs (shadow and disc) do not provide for very compelling gameplay. Disc seems to have trouble finding itself, the shield/pennance mechanic is very limiting and I can't seem to get the kind of performance I can from holy.

On the shadow front, I find the spec very limiting. It has a fixed rotation with very few "procs", limited direct nuking ability. In PvP I find it frustrating to play, principally because of the lack of a suitable survivability mechanic. Dispersion generally serves only to delay the inevitable. It would be nice to see it reworked to remove all existing debuffs as opposed to simply dampening their damage.

Holy priest rotations seem fine, to the extent that there are any.

I would like to see a compelling change to the lightwell paradigm. Though players have become better at interacting with it (largely due to the healing paradigm shift in Cata), it still lacks overall efficacy. I think the lightwells cast by priests in the ToC dungeon would be a great start, as the heal would simply jump to injured players. This would also positively benefit Hymn of Hope, as priests would be able to regen mana without sacrificing throughput.

I would also like to see Heal removed. It's always been an uncomfortable fit in the priest spellbook, and with the advent of the single target chakra heal (which is high efficacy), it seems to not longer serve a purpose. I'd like to see Gheal, Flash heal and Chakra heal as the single target heals, with a lower cooldown than the current chakra. I think this would fit well with our playstyle.

I would also like to see a more compelling armor buff. I never use Inner Will (not even on my bars) and Inner fire is a bit lackluster. Something more engaging would be appreciated.

Shackle Undead (I love this spell though, would like to use it more)
Mind Soothe
Inner Will
Holy Nova
Power Word:Shield (as holy, rarely worth casting)
Binding heal (limited usefulness)

85 Human Priest
Both

Heroics

Arena, BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could
be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I hate that power word: shield's duration isn't longer than weakened soul's duration anymore. I see why it was changed from 30/15 but I liked having some overlap that way if the tank takes too long to pull I don't have to resort to pulling myself so the mana isn't wasted - especially since shield seems so expensive now.

I wish inner fire/will acted more like stances and persisted through death... one less gcd before mounting to get back into the battle.

Inner will, hands down. having a choice other than inner fire is good by itself, but giving us inner will that has so much utility is even better.

Also Leap of faith, both of these are very handy in pvp.

Aforementioned power word: shield gripe.

The loss of stun, silence reduction from disc, it makes a very sad priest when one class can lock and whittle you down.

I actually liked where healing was in BC downranking spells showed skill when done right(by being a big mana conservation tactic), but I've healed as every class and priest/shaman are by far the most interesting to play. Priest and shaman have the widest selection of spells so you actually have a choice(or at least think you have the choice) of what spell to cast in a particular situation.

Power word: shield causes replenishment, or renew, or any other frequently cast spell like lifebloom from druids.

Fade, Resurrection(not much chance in pvp :p) And yes I use mind control. soothe, and vision frequently.
85 Human Priest
PvE only. I very, very much dislike PvP

Heroics, Mostly 10 man raids (with 10 mans & 25 mans sharing the same lock out, 25man's haven't happened as much as they used to).

N/A

Healing used to feel fast paced before all of the Cata changes, and now it feels slow. I feel like I spend all my time trying to roll my hot on the tank and cast my very, very slow greater heal. I can cast my PoH, text a friend, cast a Greater heal, check facebook. It's boring compared to what it used to be back in ICC times. Pain Suppression also feels like it does nothing. Disc used to be lots of fun with it's different way of healing, and now it feels like you are not healing at all, and not preventing damage at all. Atonement Spec looked like lots of fun at the beginning, but it wasn't very useful.

Being able to save people from the brink of death with a few well timed spells. Also working together with tanks and the other healers to keep everyone alive. Oh, and being able to Leap of Faith Mages who blink past me.

Encounters when I have to do things other then heal (like fly on drakes or drive tanks), when one mistimed heal causes the whole raid to wipe, trying to do dailies when spec'd as holy/disc, people in LFG who don't have any patience. It's also not fun when you have two priests who both want to play disc, but really can't because of the PW:S debuff.

I really don't have a rotation. I use a lot more spells now then I used to, but I can't use much of them because of mana being an issue. Disc I used PWS, Pennance, GH (or heal just to cast something while I wait). I actually moved my flash heal away since it is too expensive mana wise to use much anymore.

If PoH actually healed more, it feels like it barely makes a difference when you use it. It would also be nice if Divine Hymn had a larger reach, and Hymn of Hope effected 1 or 2 more people (or yourself plus 3 others).

fear, mana burn, flash heal (only in dire circumstances), holy nova, holy word: chastise, fear ward, dispell
Edited by Adoree on 9/20/2011 3:36 PM PDT
90 Undead Priest
Both

Heroics and Normal Raids

All

1. Evangelism buff duration (20s) is too short. Too easy to lose all stacks in movement or transition phases and nearly impossible to keep up in PVP. Increase to 30-45s and/or let stacks 'decay' over time instead of dropping off completely (e.g. lose 1 stack every 20s).
2. Leveling up as Shadow is overly punishing due to abyssmal regen, expensive but weak DoTs, overnerfed Vampiric Embrace and overnerfed PW:S duration.
3. Option for 3rd 'dual spec'. It is a pain to have 2 different healing specs and not be able to switch into a DPS configuration conveniently (would pay 10k+ for a '3rd spec'). Ability could unlock at L80/85.

1. Being effective in all areas of play with the right strategy/gear/skill
2. Fun/important/wow-factor skills (Leap, MC, ProM, Levitate, etc. - all fun)
3. Archangel gives wings, PI sets me on fire, Holy Fire on large bosses looks awesome, 4. Shadowform is dead sexy, Holy Nova lightshow(too bad the spell is horrible now) (cool visuals and sounds are fun in general)

1. Range issues with Atonement, Atonement not proccing numerous 'healing' effects.
2. Double ramp-up with RNG of Shadow DPS (Evangelism AND Orbs)
3. Shadow is marginalized in PVP without a partner with superior peels.
4. Bugs that kill gameplay but go unfixed for long periods of time.
5. My dots can be dispelled, but bleeds and Censure cannot. Unfair.

1. Atonement Disc healing is awesome. Weaving smites to build stacks to get a solid healing buff is engaging and effective.
2. Double ramp up (+RNG) for Shadow is not fun at all, and often frustrating. To hit maximum potential:
5 Evang stacks (SW:P plus full channel Mind Flay)
1 RNG Orb AND THEN consume the Orb with a spell that has a cooldown (Mind Blast). Seriously?

(not in order of importance)
1. Glyph of Vampiric Embrace: Increase self-healing to 25-30% and reduce party healing to 2%
2. Reduce DoT mana costs by at least 12%
3. Remove single target restriction from Devouring Plague (the 15% healing is no longer OP given Cata health pools)
4. Mana refund (partial?) for dispelled DoTs and/or better dispel protection and/or 'making dispelling a choice' in PVP
5. Psychic Scream should be an undispellable, unresistable horror effect. As a fear effect that has so many counters/immunities it is simply too weak.
6. Shackle Undead should CC one additional creature type (demons or elementals)
7. Streamline the double ramp up for Shadow (e.g. 3 evangelism stacks not 5, SW:D always grants an Orb, etc.)
8. Mastery should be a more desirable stat for Shadow (Mastery could also increase Orb proc chance)
9. Significantly reduce and/or cap SW:D blowback (a necessary part of the rotation for execute phase should not carry such a heavy burden)
10. Levitate: Should be a hover effect while moving, not a "running on air" effect.
11. Ability to solo old content as effectively as a tank class.

Mind Soothe
Holy Nova (too weak and too expensive, thanks for removing the party restriction though.)
Shackle Undead
Heal
Mind Vision
Divine Hymn(it just does not hit hard enough or enough players when you need it most, better off casting PoH 99% of the time.)
Edited by Azelios on 9/20/2011 4:06 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]