(Locked)

85 Dwarf Priest
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics and Raids.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas, BGs and Rated BGs.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Hymn Of Hope not always hitting the person casting it.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
The Discipline Healing allowing more shields so you have time to heal the others if needed.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
That in PvP the ethics for Paralysis have been removed and Warriors can still charge at you when they have Paralyse on them and stunning you in the charge making them just own you before you can do anything. Paralysis is meant to make them unable to move, yet they can still charge. How does that work? It needs to be fixed as it makes playing Shadow and doing PvP less fun.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I think the rotation is good, just Prayer of Healing isn't all that good in Raids for AoE healing.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
An interupt spell, plus having Paralysis stopping Warriors allowing to charge still when Paralyse is meant to stop them moving and they can still charge, stun you, then own you before you can do anything.

■What spells do you use the least?
Holy Nova, Divine Hymn and Renew. I never really need to use them. Not even in Raids.
19 Troll Mage
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids, when I can.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
n/a

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I'd like to see better persistence for Chakra states, simply as a quality-of-life concern. Losing them at loading screens, such as when zoning into LFD groups, is a minor pain.

What makes playing your class more fun?
Using Life Grip at a critical moment to save a life is a serious ego boost experience. It would probably be ruined if it had a shorter cooldown, though. It's the knowledge that I've just burned a cooldown and unambiguously saved someone in a flashy manner - I know that at least one person understands exactly what I just did, the cost in terms of utility over the next ninety seconds, and how important it was.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Being unable to easily track the progress of my Prayer of Mending in raids, and seeing it get consumed so quickly in heavy AoE situations. It feels like it's either doing nothing to doing not nearly enough, or just evaporating at an unflagged moment.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
It's hard to get used to single target healing. I feel like I was heavily discouraged from using my "inefficient" Flash Heal except as a last ditch measure, and then when I got to 85 it became a critical part of my rotation (for Serendipity) for heavy single target healing. I wonder if there's really a reason to have both Flash Heal and Binding Heal at this point - Binding is recommended because it heals you as well for the same cost, but comes at the cost of an almost-trivial amount of healing.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
There is a technical problem with direct heals not refreshing almost-expired Renews while in Serenity, presumably due to latency. This encourages me to save my Holy Word to try to snipe the refresh rather than wait on a cast time. Any improvements would be wonderful.

It would be a tremendous help if your raid frames offered the option to show only my buffs. Most notably, getting my Prayer of Mending crossed with those from our other priest. I would love to know when mine is fully consumed without having to rely on an addon.

Perhaps find a way to make the choice of "Inner" buffs more compelling, at least for Holy? Inner Fire is the "only" choice. Mana is rarely so tight as to force Inner Will for that reason. For short-term movement concerns, Body and Soul provides better mobility and pro-active healing. This tier's only fight that offered wider movement concerns also offered you a speed buff that makes both spells ineffective. It feels as though Inner Will is there only to help compensate for other, not-game-mechanic shortcomings (such as inadequate gear, bad reaction time, or slow connections/computers).

Finally, it would be epic if you could bring back Benediction. And let trolls really wear shoes - it wasn't cool on the beast races in Morrowind, and it ain't fun now especially with Transmogrification entering the picture.

What spells do you use the least?
Divine Hymn and Holy Word: Sanctuary rank as my least used heals. Sanctuary sees little play because I haven't actually gotten much chance to raid this tier, but as a larger issue, I have to think that its tiny radius severely limits its utility. Divine Hymn gets incorporated into preset healing cooldown rotations, and outside of that it's just so powerful that I don't want to use it until I know no other spell will suffice - at which point someone's likely to die anyways before a tick reaches them. I rarely use Chastise, which is I think to be expected, but perhaps that Chakra state could use a buff.
Edited by Incendiary on 9/20/2011 11:04 PM PDT
64 Gnome Death Knight
You said it all, at the current state dks well melee is really difficult in pvp when ever some of my friends who play warriors dks and ret pally combos see priest they all lick there chops and train the priest. It really would be nice to have something more to make them think twice about just kill the priest mind set.
100 Human Priest
Split into two posts, due to length.
Part 1 of 2:

Both

All

BGs, some arena, some rated bg

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

As all: Leap of Faith failing so often. Seems to suffer from all the old Blink failures. At the very minimum, reset the CD if it fails, or don't trigger the CD if the target doesn't end up at our feet.

As Shadow:
Backlash on Shadow Word:Death. So many fights out there with either increased damage taken or increased damage dealt that makes this ability suicide to use. It is dangerous even on fights without such mechanics, where everyone else is executing, I often need to hold back due to heavy aoe. Would be great to have this capped at a certain % of my health or some flat value that would not make it so situational.

As Discipline:
1) 30yd range on Atonement spells. As an alternative style of healing/supplemental healing, this short range makes it difficult or impossible to use in many situations. Especially considering 7 talent pts are required to use this build as well as its obvious situational use, making its range so short in addition is frustrating. Could be easily fixed by adding a 10yd range buff for these spells tacked onto Atonement or the Divine Accuracy glyph, or just buffing their range.

2) Inner Sanctum as a 3 pt talent really is unfeasible. It is impossible for all Shadow specs to get 3/3, due to the need for Archangel. Also due to the rest of the way talents fall in the Discipline tree, it ends up being suboptimal to get compared to talents at every tier in the tree. Also, for its "interesting choice" factor, for 3 pts, not very interesting. Should definately be changed to 2 pts for the same effect.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

As Shadow: DoTs

As Disc: Absorbs

■What makes playing your class less fun?

As Shadow:

1) Constant purple. Shadows aren't purple, they are black from the lack of light.

2) Ramp up effects. So many. Too many.

3) Shadow Orbs. I have to talk numbers a bit here, sorry! Here is my main beef with Shadow Orbs: 18% chance to gain a shadow orb. To shadow priests, here is how we read it: "18% chance for a major stat to function." Compared to crit, which is a % chance which increases with more crit to do double damage. No matter how much mastery I get, there is a static chance for it to apply. Also, even though I can get three Shadow Orbs at once, they don't effect my rotation in 99.9% of cases. In its current state, it is just another of those Shadow Priest ramp up effects. Suggestions on how to change it: Allow the % chance to gain a shadow orb increase with more mastery. Allow successive shadow orbs to increase Mind Blast damage further. (Ex. instead of +% dmg per orb, added together for # of orbs, have it be +% at 1 orb, +2x% +something at 2 orbs, and +3x% +something more at 3 orbs) So that it is a decision to cast Mind Blast. Do I want to use 1 orb now to get Empowered Shadows, or do I want to save up 3 for better damage on my Mind Blast?

As Discipline:
1) Atonement (but not because I don't like it) Too many talents required to make Atonement work well. Rather than it being a choice of how to heal, as it was originally advertised, it locks me out of a lot of less situational talents. 7 talents is a lot for a situational healing style.

2) AoE Healing: Disc is great for small constant AoE healing, but helpless to heal people up after large bursts where tank healing is also required. Reducing the Power Word: Shield duration to 15sec removed our most viable way to deal with these situations.
Edited by Zeromont on 9/27/2011 2:21 AM PDT
100 Human Priest
Part 2 of 2:

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

As shadow, I don't really care for it. It is extremely boring. I consider the current Shadow Orb mechanic to be a failure. This is because in 99.9% of cases, they do not effect how I cast spells. Went into Shadow Orbs above, but I will repeat below in case the post gets split up by question in your offices. Generally, more dynamic interaction with my DoTs would be great. Like maybe if my Vamp crits, Mind Flay gets a bonus if cast within a short period, or I can treat my Shadow Word:Death as if the target were in execute range.
repost from above question: (Shadow Orbs. I have to talk numbers a bit here, sorry! Here is my main beef with Shadow Orbs: 18% chance to gain a shadow orb. To shadow priests, here is how we read it: "18% chance for a major stat to function." Compared to crit, which is a % chance which increases with more crit to do double damage. No matter how much mastery I get, there is a static chance for it to apply. Also, even though I can get three Shadow Orbs at once, they don't effect my rotation in 99.9% of cases. In its current state, it is just another of those Shadow Priest ramp up effects. Suggestions on how to change it: Allow the % chance to gain a shadow orb increase with more mastery. Allow successive shadow orbs to increase Mind Blast damage further. (ex instead of +% dmg per orb, added together, have it be +% at 1 orb, +% +something at 2 orbs, and +% +something more at 3 orbs) So that it is a decision to cast Mind Blast. Do I want to use 1 orb now to get Empowered Shadows, or do I want to save up 3 for better damage on my Mind Blast?)

As Disc, it could use more absorbs. Perhaps a proc-only spell like mages have arcane missiles. Power Shield: AMGiProcd anyone?

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

Shadow Ravens.

Having a color selection (even with only a few choices) for shadow form. Even being a literal silouette is better than purple.

An actual, factual, holy dps spec. Feral druids can be tank or dps, don't tell me you can't put two roles in one tree. Disc would be a perfect candidate. Just make the primary swing talent increase holy dmg, but reduce healing, or some such that prevents them from swapping effectively from dps to healing. Let's face it, having 2 healer specs and only 1 dps spec is not very fun. Every other class either has at least 2 distinct dps trees or can fill all three roles, with druids filling every role in the game. Judging from the dungeon finder Q, people like dps more, so this would be a huge treat for the majority of the player base!

For Shadow: A 31 pt talent that isn't a defensive spell. Dispersion is good and all, but for a dps spec, it is a huge disappointment for our final talent...(gratz on your final shadow talent...you are a tank?) And I don't mean swap it with Vampiric Touch or some other spell we have already.

■What spells do you use the least?

Mind Soothe...Yeah don't know how this didn't make it to the Cata chopping block.

Mind Vision...same as above.

After tank threat change: Fade...great for putting Problim on my Shadowfiend...but that's about it.

As Disc: Heal- this middle of the road heal is worthless. I have never used it. It seems like it was made for out of combat healing, but when I am ooc, I have better regen anyways and can just use my bigger heals. TBH having both our fast heal and slow heal do more than our middle heal is convoluted. Yeah, efficiency. I havn't encountered a situation yet where it was a good fit. Maybe reduce the cast time a bit or tinker with the mana/healing numbers or give it a mechanic similar to Arcane Blast.
Edited by Zeromont on 9/27/2011 2:18 AM PDT
90 Undead Priest
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics, Raids

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
---

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Wands are pretty much useless except for stats. Might as well be a relic.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
All the different spells we have in our arsenal. As holy, I like the diversity of being able to tank heal or raid heal.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
As holy, we are versatile and more a jack-of-all-trades and master-of-none type of healer these days, and it is often under-appreciated.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
No real strong complaints that an addon can't fix for me. :P

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
1) Divine Hymn: Hate the long cooldown in direct comparison to Tranquility. Would like to see the CD lowered for Holy (to be more competitive with Disc and all the great CD's they have) and as I mentioned, more comparable to Tranquility.
2) Hymn of Hope: If you're going to make it be an 8-sec channel, then at least make it targetable so I can get the full benefit of it, since I usually only use it when I need it... not when the mages need it.
3) If you expect a priest to use Heal spell, then make it worthwhile to use. Either a bigger heal or a shorter cast time.

# What spells do you use the least?
Not on my task bar:
1) Heal. As far as I'm concerned it's completely worthless. Most mechanics of today's boss fights don't really allow for a slooooooow casting heal that "may" crit for only 18k after someone just got hit for 60% of their life pool.
2) Mind Vision
3) Mind Soothe
4) Shackle
90 Blood Elf Priest
I think someone else said this, but I think it's important enough to mention it again:

Quality of Life Issue for Holy Priests:

1.) Having to recast Chakra upon entering a dungeon.

I was running Corbin over and over, and nothing says, OMG really? when I zone in, Cast Chakra and Flash Heal, down the boss, requeue, cast chakra and flash heal, down the boss, requeue, cast chakra and flash heal...

Why can't I just stay in Chakra: Serenity when I zone in?

85 Goblin Mage
Not sure if posts down here will get read, but on my disc priest (flamebotdrew) I really love healing. I love the shield/prevention aspect of it, and also really enjoy smite/holy fire healing. I think atonement should have a 30 yard range (as long a range as Hfire/smite). I would also really like some sort of extra shield. Maybe something small and spamable, a replacement for regular heal which most disc priests take off their bars entirely.
90 Undead Priest
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE, too ADD to do the PvP grind for more than a week at a time.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics, Raids, etc.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Arenas, BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. -- Ramp up time for short periods of combat, or dps in general. Lack of real dps cooldowns for burn phases.

What makes playing your class more fun? The way our spells and talents work now, there's a bigger margin between the elite and the new players through optimizing cd's, procs, etc. I like where they are heading with other spells like Mind Spike, but it's rarely used and only at the opening/ending of combat. I'd love to see it not remove dot's(talents/glyph?) and worked into the regular PvE rotation.

What makes playing your class less fun? Again, Mind Spike was a disappointment. Lack of dps cooldowns.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I've always liked it, but I hate to repeat over and over, but we need a better way to dps 5man trash, it's silly to dot a mob for it to die 1 tick of 1-3 dots sometimes, obviously dependent on the group. Soul-Swap/Pestilence come to mind.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Pretty much what's said above.

What spells do you use the least? Mind Spike
85 Human Priest

~What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

~If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics and Raids

~If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BGs

~What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

While lightwell use has come a long way since vanilla, I still have to remind raiders to use it constantly, and oftentimes graphically intense AoEs or mobile encounters with lots of adds will make the lightwell difficult to see and click.

Chakra is definitely a spell I am glad to have. Makes it feel natural to switch roles in 10 man from raid healing to tank healing if the fight needs or group composition changes.

~What makes playing your class more fun?

Having two possible healing specs, and the number of spells each spec has that are effective gives me the feeling I always have the tools I need to do my job.

~What makes playing your class less fun?

I prefer my priest above all precisely because there's very little I don't like about PvE'ing as a healing priest. Mana restore is my biggest gripe, as once shadowfiend is used I have very little beyond the channeled hymn of hope. 4 min CD on shadowfiend after talented still feels like too long.

~How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Holy rotation is something I've fallen into so much it's just natural. Disc feels more boring, but it's safe.

~What’s on your wish list for your class?

Some sort of effective escape mechanism, or more ways to increase mobility when I get into trouble. Body and soul is expensive for a short movement burst.

Definitely holy nova. Inner Will doesn't seem worth losing the SP to be useful in PvE. 10% movement doesn't help me as long as I'm paying attention and moving when I need to be.
100 Human Warlock
As someone who's been playing the priest a lot this expansion, as well as the end of Wrath, I wanted to drop some comments.

I focus on PVE

10-man Raids and heroics

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] NA

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I'm not sure about quality of life. I want to comment specifically about Disc healing, as Disc hasn't been fun to play this expansion. We've lost the ability to bubble-spam, which made us great raid healers. In 5-mans, this is exceptionally tough because of the lack of HoT spells as well. If we can't bubble (Or run out of mana doing so), and we can't cast HoTs (Again, or run out of mana), we won't be able to keep up group members during fights with lockouts, ie. the end of ZA.

Bubbles make Disc more fun, and make more sense from a lore and game play perspective

smite

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Very frustrated that Smite is needed for passive healing, and to charge big heals. This is not a solution that is conducive to 5 mans, and isn't possible in many 10-man raids.

Take away smite, bring back shields.

Renew, but I wish I could use it more since I don't have bubbles.

Thanks for taking the time to ask for feedback, Blizz, the community loves that about WoW.
100 Draenei Priest
Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

Currently PvE but closer to the end of each expansion I usually play some PvP, just not there yet with Cata.

Raids

BGs mostly. I have done arena. Never Rated BGs (yet)

Is it ok to bring up problems without solutions? My two biggest headaches atm are things I think are not likely to change..... but here we go.

First is the hit cap. It's not fun when getting new gear to have to do a spreadsheet to figure out simply what combination of the gear I have is now optimal, then re-enhance it all. I would prefer if mostly you could determine the best set of gear by simply equipping the best piece in each slot. (I know..... probably not changing... but you asked!)

Second is a related issue, and a side effect of a nice change. Shadow is my main spec but I'm often called on to heal, which I do in disc. A lot of the gear works very well for both now with spirit counting towards hit in shadow. Usually my best set for each spec has about 5 pieces in common. However I can't optimally gem and enchant and reforge the common pieces easily.

I was originally attracted to the DOT rotation mechanic in shadow and I find it really fun to use in on multiple mobs at the same time in long fights. (like therarian and velona or shannox) I'd love for DOTS to have more ways to burst extra damage, or proc in different ways.

In disc, I LOVE shielding. LOVE PW:B. Thanks for that!

In shadow I dislike how hard it is to feel I'm contributing on trash, short fights, etc. Mind sear is in the right direction..... not sure a solution to this.

I think my shadow rotation is very fun, just complicated enough. Although I'd add that it's very difficult if not impossible to "optimize" now because of the random nature of orbs and empowered shadows. I can't say I'm crazy about that mechanic.

I heal in disc because I find holy rotation WAY to much for me to handle as a secondary spec. Disc rotation is manageable, however I'm probably not making best use of all my possible cool downs, etc. I would point out that it's interesting if you research disc rotations, you get different suggestions from different (reputable) sources. Some say use heal, some no..... and same with renew and many other spells.

I'd love more ways to off-heal in shadow, especially without shifting out of form. I'd love a more unique set of raid buffs that I provide... I miss when I was the mana battery. It would be fun to have a fight that depended on the mechanic of mana-burn in a raid, or in general for that to be more used. I love to be able to have my spec always contain silence, or provide viable raid interrupts another way.

I would love for it to be easier to PvP, either using the same spec I have for raids or having another spec. (I know, not likely).

Have never used heroic leap for real successfully. It's fun to play with, and I've tried to use it on blind dragon or alakir, but never got it off successfully. Maybe I'll use it more in PvP we will see. Never use mind sooth since Naxx 25. Rarely if ever shackle since almost kara times!
100 Night Elf Priest

pvp

all
Manaburn with such a 3 sec cast time, it's impossible to use it against a resto shammies and resto Druids. I also do not understand why it is imperative that cloth healers be forced to tank melee while other healers can escape so easily. Finally, body and soul and lightwell should not belong in the same tree. They are both pvp talents, but the immobility of lightwell completely defeats the purpose of the mobility from body and soul. Lightwell belongs in disc and evangelism, archangel and atonement should be in holy. Finally, leap of faith not working verses roots
variety of tools
What makes playing your class less fun to play?
Poor utility (manaburn, mind control, dps). Pvp healing for both disc and holy is fine, but the utility they bring is too easy to interrupt/lock.
n/a
Shackle having more use, either lightwell or body and soul going to disc(not both) in exchange for evangelism archangel and atonement. Reflective shields needs to be revamped because it has no use. Leap of faith being fixed verse roots.
heal
Mind soothe
I use every other spell that priests have.
85 Human Priest
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

Endgame PVE and PVP.

Heroic 25man raids. I primarily heal but I also dps.

Mostly Arenas but I also BG quite a bit. I haven’t done too many Rated BGs.

[Disc] Inner Focus – Sometimes when the cooldown on Inner Focus is over it fails to activate when you use it again. This only happens when points are spent in Train of Thought to reduce the CD on Inner Focus when you Greater Heal.

[Disc] Heal Absorb Abilities and Absorbtion spells – I feel completely useless when a Death Knight is on me. They stack Necrotic Plague on me and the effect goes right through the bubble making my actual health that I have very misleading as to the current predicament of the fight. Our main “heal” in PVP would be the use of our shield and for a class to be able to completely nullify our best heal is outrageous. There is really no way to get away from them other than for them to get peel by another class (even then with all of the CD’s that they have they can get back on me if they really wanted to). It would be extremely helpful to the class as a whole if our shields were dented away by Necrotic Plague instead of being left up for us to be completely demolished after it’s gone.

Lack of an Interrupt – Healing priests are still the only healers to not have an interrupt. Even druids with a one minute cooldown on their interrupt can put out so much pressure by using it at the correct time. It’s very frustrating when I have to sit there twiddling my thumbs wanting to interrupt like everyone else, and I’m getting interrupted by literally every other class in the game. Holy can “interrupt” with Chastise, Shadow has Silence, but as a disc priest if you want to interrupt someone’s heal you have to save Fear or see the cast coming and try to interrupt it with a Mind Control. I would honestly be very happy with a small lockout interrupt on a one minute cooldown. This gives us and interrupt for PVP and a backup interrupt for PVE encounters.

[Shadow] Pain and Suffering – Currently, fully talented, we have a 60% chance on Mind Flay tick to refresh our Shadow Word: Pain. Other classes have refresh talents that give them a 100% chance to refresh a dot, but for some reason we are the odd ball spec that has a 40% less chance. I would be really helpful to have it changed to 100% for more a more reliable multi-dot rotation. It really sucks when we cast Mind Flay three times in a row to get Shadow Word: Pain to refresh with no success.

Tier 12 Healing 4 Piece – Not really sure if I should put this in here, but if it’s not relevant then ignore it. Very annoying that it goes off when we cast non healing spells (Fort, Shadow Prot, Inner Will/Fire, ect…) or when we aren’t even in combat. My easy solution would be to not have it go off unless you’re in combat.

Shadow Word: Death and Absorbs – I know it was most likely your intention to have it play out like this but I’ll put this in here anyways. I think a very distinct thing that separates a good priest from a bad priest in PVP is SW:D’ing at the correct time (Polymorph, Scatter Shot, Blind, ect). Currently, if we do it with an absorb effect up (PW:S or Divine Aegis) the CC that we are intending to Death will just happen because the damage is absorbed. I wouldn’t gripe unless there were things that completely ignore shields or cause a major headache due to the new shield system (Ex 1: You’re feared with a shield on and the opposing priest mana burns you, instantly the fear is broken even though fear is only supposed to be broken on damage. Ex 2: A mage uses Ring of Frost and you’re stuck in it with a full shield on, the opposing priest can mana burn you while you’re trapped in it unable to move out of LoS and the freeze isn’t broken since the damage of the burn is absorbed).
Edited by Medii on 9/21/2011 6:24 PM PDT
85 Human Priest
Continued...

The competitive nature of the class really makes me want to keep playing it. We’ve always been a force to be reckoned with in terms of both healing specs and Shadow has always brought something more to the raid (whether it be replenishment, multi-dots, hybrid nature, or damage). As a healer I feel like I have a heal for almost anything that can happen.

I hate being focused down in PVP as both disc and shadow (I don’t play as holy in a PVP setting, but I’d assume when they found out I was holy, they’d go after me ASAP).We are extremely squishy healers due to the type of armor that we wear, and people know that. I feel like I’m helpless when two melee get on me (especially DK’s with their heal absorbs), and I have to blow all of my CD’s very early in the fight just to have a chance at staying alive.

Let me just start off by saying, I love the “rotation” for two of the three specs. I think Blizzard did an amazing job with disc and shadow. It’s like a breath of fresh air to not bubble spam as disc, and to have an more complicated rotation as shadow with procs and mana management. Holy on the other hand seems extremely easy. Get in the correct chakra, use the spell specific to that chakra, use the Chakra special. With AoE fights it’s all but too easy for a holy priest. Stay in Sanctuary Chakra, CoH on CD, PoM on CD, and spam PoH (to a lesser extent you can pre-renew groups for higher burst). I just feel like with the new Chakra system, you really force priests into a one heal style of playing. As disc, you can use every heal without the thought of a certain spell having a healing multiplier added onto it.

Mana Cost of Mass Dispel – I understand why the cost would be high for a shadow priest to use it, but I don’t really understand why it’s so high for a healing priest. It is by far the most mana intensive spell that we have, with such a high drawback of using multiple times. With the encounters that you have developed use for it (Pit Lord Argaloth, Staff Quest Boss in Firelands, Cho’gall to a lesser extent), you must drop 3-4 Mass Dispels to get everyone dispelled, and you must do this a few times during the fight. 3-4 Mass Dispels is about 20% of my mana. My solution would be to add a mana reduction clause in Absolution to reduce the cost of Mass Dispel by 20%-25%.

Divine Hymn – This is more geared toward the Holy priest than anything. If Blizzard is going to keep raid CD’s alive then holy really needs to have something. Either buff the healing receive from the spell, or make the CD much lower. The spell is NOT used whatsoever, which is a real shame since it was used so much.
Edited by Medii on 9/21/2011 6:24 PM PDT
85 Human Priest
Continued...

The Return of Discipline Damage– I remember when we were considered the most “offensive” healer around with the use of purges and the massive burst damage of Smite and Holy Fire. With the introduction of Mind Spike, I thought maybe that maybe that would be our new burst spell. Unfortunately it hits like a wet noodle. I think that Blizzard noticed the playstyle of priests in arena (being that of a healer with good burst potential) and introduced Evangelism and Archangel. It was also a very neat idea for PVE, finally something we can do that will heal AND damage at the same time. Unfortunately it’s extremely hard to stack 5 times in a PVP setting and I feel like it’s really not worth taking the talents in most occasions in a PVE setting.
An Interrupt – Please see previous post regarding this issue.

[Holy] Lightwell – I know it’s probably not going to change anytime soon but with the addition of the T12 Healing 4 Piece, I know you guys are listening to our requests for this spell. Do you know how hard it is to get people in a dungeon to click a lightwell? Do you know how annoying it is to have to keep yelling over Ventrilo/Mumble for people to click the lightwell? I honestly don’t blame them for not clicking it half of the time, usually (in my guild at least) they will inevitably be healed by someone or another. The only time it’s really a requirement to click is during a mana intensive fight. Holy priests really aren’t competitive healers compared to others unless people actually take them time to click our lightwell. My suggestion for changing this spell is to have it heal people on its own without the requirement of people to have to click it. I know this really does take the uniqueness of the spell away, but unfortunately with the people that are currently playing the game and the amount of tools that other healers have, I feel like this is the last option that the spell has.

[Holy] Holy Word: Sanctuary – The heal that this thing gives is LAUGHABLE for the mana cost attached to the spell. My suggestion would be to either buff the healing the spell does or reduce/remove the mana requirement attached to the spell.

Holy Nova – The heal that this provides isn’t good at all (almost as low as a Renew tick). The only time this is used is when I need to heal on the run, or get someone out of stealth.

Heal – The only time I use/used this spell is in Holy when there isn’t damage going around to the raid and I heal the tank to get a Surge of Light proc, and when the expansion was release and I was constrained on mana.

Smite – As describe in my previous post why would I risk using this, and getting locked out of my healing tree when I can cast a shadow spell and do BETTER damage. The heal that this provides via Evangelism isn’t very good at all (about as much as Heal). The only time I Smite is with an Archangel spec to get the healing buff for better Prayer of Healing’s.

Mind Soothe – I don’t use it that much but I use it more than I do Smite due to it putting my target in combat but not myself. Useful for arena but that’s pretty much it.

Divine Hymn - See previous post about Divine Hymn.
Edited by Medii on 9/21/2011 6:23 PM PDT
97 Night Elf Priest
I focus on PvE, though I dabble in PvP.

Raiding primarily

Arenas, an occasional BG...can't find the people to do RBGs.

PvE-- We have one great rotation for bosses...then a ton of options for trash and the like. Multidot, Mindspike/Mind Blast, or Mind Sear...any of those can be applicable for a different pull, and sometimes it's not always apparent which is most efficient until you've been playing it for some time.
Moving raid groups so I can heal effectively with Prayer of Healing is really obnoxious, and I usually forget to move it or ask the raid leaders to do it because I don't heal that often these days. I understand that is the niche of the spell, but ugh...if I forget, then it's really inefficient to heal.

PvP-- Mobility is an issue. Mages and Locks have blink or portal, priests have nothing. Granted, there's the issue of giving a healer such mobility, but then you look at druids, shammies who have a fast form, and pallies have numerous ways to get out of a bind, ie bubble, freedom, etc. Inner Will only gives a 2% boost over the boot enchant untalented. (6% if you're actually willing to throw 3 talents into it.) And that doesn't mitigate the stuns and other roots. You can constantly dispel a good chunk of that stuff off, but then there is no mana to do anything else. Or if you're shadow, place 2 talents into Phantasm, which is subpar to what other dps specs have available to them.
All specs: We have too many buffs, particularly shadow! Can we throw them together somewhow? Please?

■What makes playing your class more fun? Honestly? Shadow Word: Death. My only complaint is that there were a lot of bosses that had heavy raid damage during the burn phase, and I couldn't always risk taking the damage on progression content or my guild would admonish me, "a dead dps does no dps." But when it's not a serious matter, SW: D is really the most fun spell in the game. I've had so many hilarious deaths with it. The risk is a lot of fun. Will I kill myself this time on Ozumat? Yes. I always do. But it's worth it to see that big number hit the boss and then giggle when the healer is confused. I wish it hit bigger so we could play with the risk during our regular roation. But maybe I'm a minority there.

■What makes playing your class less fun? Aside from the quality of life issues mentioned above; I've played all 3 specs pretty extensively, and Holy is the most boring. It's set up to be a raid healer (and yes, it can be used for other things, though that is the spec's longsuit) yet there are only two group heals aside from the awful Sanctuary, which has been designed to be inefficient. Chakra helped it out some, but it's just not that exciting to play.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I really enjoy Shadow's rotation. Most enjoyable imo of any of the dps specs, and I've played most of them to some degree. My only complaint is the shadow orbs can be really stubborn starting out, and it's a disadvantage. Healing is dynamic-- aside from Holy's narrow spell list, I enjoy Disc because it's dynamic.

■What’s on your wish list for your class? I'd like Vampiric Embrace to be something more than "we take this because it's an shadow talent." It's pitiful in comparison to it's former glory. And if it's to overpowered to boost the healing on it, lets do something fun with it. And make it an aura, so I don't have to spend 5 globals buffing myself after every time I die from SW: D or Mandokir decapitates me, etc.

■What spells do you use the least? I use Inner Will more for getting around in quest areas or town than I do in a combat situation. The speed just isn't worth the dps/heal loss of dropping Inner Fire when there's plenty of time to move out of stuff. Leap of Faith is really interesting, but it gets minimal use also. Mind Vision, Shackle, Holy Nova, and Heal all have niches, but are seldom used. I'd hate to see them go...would be nice for them to be improved upon.

90 Undead Priest
Mostly PVE, little PVP

Heroics and Raids

Arenas, BGs

Making Shadow Orbs easier to track and more consistent. I also think making Vampiric Embrace a natural passive for Shadow spec, instead of a buff we place on ourselves, would be cool.

Massive utility while still dealing great damage. I can drop shadow form to help heal during a crisis, I can rez, I can toss shields, and I can life grip folks out of danger. What I most enjoy though, aside from damage, is shadow's extreme survivability. Also, Leap of Faith is amazingly useful when I actually have the need for it. It's unique and fun (and especially more fun to grief people with).

I honestly can't think of much. I miss our excellent self healing from Wrath, but it's a minor gripe really. My one concern, and this comes from leveling other priests, is that at lower levels, shadow has some real mana problems.

I rather like our rotation for shadow. Personally, I'd like a tad more complexity, but it's still quite fun to play as it is with juggling Empowered Shadows and our dots and cool downs. I really like that with our two piece T12 bonus that we see our shadow fiend more, and I wish that could be a more permanent thing in the future.

I would want a buff to Vampiric Embrace. Not necessarily back to the crazy self healing we were capable of in Wrath, but it feels neutered now and not as useful. Aesthetically I would love having a minor glyph to change my shadow orbs to shadow ravens like the Scarlet Onslaught's Raven Priests. Kind of like how tree druids can choose the old tree form. More "fun" minor glyphs would be great in general actually. Something to change things up but not affect gameplay. Maybe even a graphic change for Dark Archangel in a glyph. I may also be in the minority, but another DPS cool down would be fun too. I like Dark Archangel, but, at least to me, it doesn't quite have that oomph other DPS cool downs have.

I don't use Mind Vision at all, and I only use Mind Soothe very rarely. While I don't heal often, I'll admit I don't use holy nova at all.
90 Blood Elf Priest
PvE

Mainly Heroics, sometimes raiding.

Having to respec when I need a different healing spec.
Waiting on Shadow Orbs to proc.

Having fun spells such as Levitate, Archangel, Mind Vision, etc.

Not doing as well as I usually do in dps due to a late shadow orb proc.

As a mainly shadow priest, I am fine with the rotation. It's challenging but rewarding.

Changing the way shadow orbs work.
More priest lore, mainly shadow priest.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Both, mostly as Shadow

Heroics, Raids

BGs

Some buffs could stand to persist through death, like Vampiric Embrace and Shadowform.

Lower the level for Inner Will to lvl 7 so that the spell can be used for leveling. Raise Inner Fire to compensate, the spell isn't all that needed for leveling.

Mind flay buffed. Mind flay is a lackluster primary dps spell when confronted with melee who have antislow breakers or immunities. For instance, a DK with AMS should not be immune to the damage portion of Mind Flay simply because the spell has a slow attached to it. A warrior casting Bladestorm should not be immune to the damage portion of Mind Flay simply because the spell has a slow attached to it. A druid should not be able to break Mind Flay simply because it has a slow attached to it. Make the spell so that the damage portion of the spell is not dependent on the slowing debuff landing or existing on the target.

Sense of utility.

Prayer of Shadow Protection - I can understand the importance of this buff in raiding, as all the bad guys tend to use shadow spells, but in a PVP environment, why should Priests, Warlocks, and DKs be hosed by this buff when resists for any other spell school all come in the form of Auras which no class will bother using? The spell either ought to be changed to Prayer of Magic Protection or removed from the game.

Requiring Absolution for the ability/utility of dispelling friendly units. We are one dps spec out of all the dps/tanking specs that could dispel magic, wasn't all that game breaking.

Vampiric Embrace; why is this a mandatory talent? Why must I waste a much needed talent point on this "buff"?

Less clunky than a warlock, so, good.

*Sleep (effective and consistent crowd control)
*Some kind of Carrion Swarm spell, if it's not too lore breaking.
*Mind Sear castable on self, or Holy Nova moved to the disc tree and renamed. (Would fit in the discipline tree since that tree now has talents for doing damage and healing at the same time (Smite & Holy Fire))
*Unhose Mind Vision; used to be a very decent spell to catch a Stealthy.
*In addition to Mastery, Shadow Power, and Mind Flay, I would like the Shadow spec to be able to wear leather, so that there is more competition for leather-caster gear.
*After quiet contemplation, priests have learned to use 1H swords.

Mind Soothe
Heal
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]