What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Endgame PVE and PVP.
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroic 25man raids. I primarily heal but I also dps.
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Mostly Arenas but I also BG quite a bit. I haven’t done too many Rated BGs.
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
[Disc] Inner Focus
– Sometimes when the cooldown on Inner Focus is over it fails to activate when you use it again. This only happens when points are spent in Train of Thought to reduce the CD on Inner Focus when you Greater Heal.
[Disc] Heal Absorb Abilities and Absorbtion spells
– I feel completely useless when a Death Knight is on me. They stack Necrotic Plague on me and the effect goes right through the bubble making my actual health that I have very misleading as to the current predicament of the fight. Our main “heal” in PVP would be the use of our shield and for a class to be able to completely nullify our best heal is outrageous. There is really no way to get away from them other than for them to get peel by another class (even then with all of the CD’s that they have they can get back on me if they really wanted to). It would be extremely helpful to the class as a whole if our shields were dented away by Necrotic Plague instead of being left up for us to be completely demolished after it’s gone.Lack of an Interrupt
– Healing priests are still the only healers to not have an interrupt. Even druids with a one minute cooldown on their interrupt can put out so much pressure by using it at the correct time. It’s very frustrating when I have to sit there twiddling my thumbs wanting to interrupt like everyone else, and I’m getting interrupted by literally every other class in the game. Holy can “interrupt” with Chastise, Shadow has Silence, but as a disc priest if you want to interrupt someone’s heal you have to save Fear or see the cast coming and try to interrupt it with a Mind Control. I would honestly be very happy with a small lockout interrupt on a one minute cooldown. This gives us and interrupt for PVP and a backup interrupt for PVE encounters.
[Shadow] Pain and Suffering
– Currently, fully talented, we have a 60% chance on Mind Flay tick to refresh our Shadow Word: Pain. Other classes have refresh talents that give them a 100% chance to refresh a dot, but for some reason we are the odd ball spec that has a 40% less chance. I would be really helpful to have it changed to 100% for more a more reliable multi-dot rotation. It really sucks when we cast Mind Flay three times in a row to get Shadow Word: Pain to refresh with no success. Tier 12 Healing 4 Piece
– Not really sure if I should put this in here, but if it’s not relevant then ignore it. Very annoying that it goes off when we cast non healing spells (Fort, Shadow Prot, Inner Will/Fire, ect…) or when we aren’t even in combat. My easy solution would be to not have it go off unless you’re in combat.Shadow Word: Death and Absorbs
– I know it was most likely your intention to have it play out like this but I’ll put this in here anyways. I think a very distinct thing that separates a good priest from a bad priest in PVP is SW:D’ing at the correct time (Polymorph, Scatter Shot, Blind, ect). Currently, if we do it with an absorb effect up (PW:S or Divine Aegis) the CC that we are intending to Death will just happen because the damage is absorbed. I wouldn’t gripe unless there were things that completely ignore shields or cause a major headache due to the new shield system (Ex 1: You’re feared with a shield on and the opposing priest mana burns you, instantly the fear is broken even though fear is only supposed to be broken on damage. Ex 2: A mage uses Ring of Frost and you’re stuck in it with a full shield on, the opposing priest can mana burn you while you’re trapped in it unable to move out of LoS and the freeze isn’t broken since the damage of the burn is absorbed).