Class Feedback – Priest

(Locked)

85 Goblin Priest
I Love this post, really. "Please give us your feedback, but do not tell us your concerns, they are not helpful!". Now this is a great, great,great way to get a feedback, and probably the best customer service example I have ever seen in my life :)
100 Blood Elf Priest
What kind of content do you focus on?
Both PvP and PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Heroics, Raiding, Questing, Fishing

If PvP, what type of PvP?
Battlegrounds, Dueling, World PvP

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo would be a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Mastery
Shadow Mastery and orbs are tough to keep track of, and Discipline Mastery feels clunky; especially since PW: Shield duration is so short, and Divine Aegis relies on Crit for it to even benefit from Mastery.

Levitate
I love that it lasts 10 minutes now, so I don’t have to recast it constantly while fishing, but now I am unable to walk up stairs or over small ground objects while levitating. It would be nice to levitate while mounted too.

Mind Control
It needs a serious update now that other forms of CC don’t cause aggro and are so user-friendly. Mind Control does not inform you if your target is immune to the spell until AFTER you cast the spell, it fails, and the group of monsters swarms your party.

Wands
They are stat-sticks, and they are a pain to acquire.

Solo play for Discipline
PW: Shield duration is terrible for soloing and questing as Discipline, especially if you have Mastery stat pretty high. Monsters can’t destroy the shield in the 15 seconds it’s up, so no Rapture effect every happens. Can't drink in some places because mobs respawn so quickly. Spirit tap is useless because SW: Death doesn't do enough damage to kill things as Holy/Discipline.

What makes playing your class more fun?
The complexity, the variety of skills, and healing with DPS spells for Discipline and Shadow. Chakra healing is ridiculous fun for Holy. I’d actually like to see more of the role-bending where healing spells can dish out damage (like casting a heal on an undead enemy to damage it). But that could be my inner Final Fantasy geek shining through.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Unreliable abilities with long cooldowns, like the Hymn spells. They are the equivalent of a moonkin druid having to channel Innervate and Starfall. They have a long cooldown, so I try to save them for when they are needed and useful, but when they are, it's just before I get feared, stunned, silenced, knocked back, or something like that.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Shadow feels very comfy right now in both PvE and PvP. Chakra seems very intuitive and feels very natural to heal with, but I miss Holy Nova actually having useful applications other than for killing rats while waiting for somebody who is AFK. Discipline has felt very glitchy this expansion. For months, PW: Shield was useless. Then it absorbed about as much as a Greater Heal. Then it had the duration reduced by 50%. Archangel buff is fun, but if I don’t have 5 stacks of Evangelism up at all times so that I can click Archangel when I need it for burst healing, I feel like I’m not doing something right.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Some specialty or cosmetic options. For instance, a minor glyph that changes Shadowfiend’s appearance to something more heavenly looking, rather than the hideous deformed squid.
Some kind of “karma” spell. Something that has a similar thrill of Reflective Shield that makes you want to say, “What goes around, comes around!”

What spells do you use the least?
Mind Soothe: Never use it.
Holy Nova: the only time I use it is to kill Snake Traps in BGs.
Hymn spells: I almost never have 8 seconds to cast them during any heated fight in PvE, and they never work in PvP unless I’m hiding somewhere outside of combat, and nobody notices me for 8 seconds to interrupt the spell. They’d be better as castable mage food for the party or raid while outside of combat.
Mass Dispel: Only use it on Paladin Bubbles. I get killed using it on large groups in PvP (because of stuff like Unstable Affliction), and there's rarely any use for it in PvE.
Cure Disease: It’s rare that I come across a disease debuff in PvE, and most of the ones in PvP cannot be dispelled, or are instantly reapplied.
Heal: It’s too weak to really use in most situations.
90 Human Priest
I will be answering this from the prospective of a lvl 41 priest in full heirlooms:
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Other- dungeons and questing.
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs

N/a

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I have mana issues with both holy and shadow specializations, I couldn't do as much damage with shadow in dungeons as i could with discipline.

Having two different healing trees to chose from. Having "flavor" abilities like mc, mind vision and levitate. Tailoring not requiring a boring gathering professions like skinning mining or herbalism id also a nice advantage over the other healing classes.

Our shadow spec does less damage than other classes in dungeons,

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Being able to fill both a healing and damage roll in a dungeon playing in discipline is really fun.

A holy damage based dps specialization.
Npc interactions for being a priests. Positive ones from Churches and other holy areas. Neutral, confrontational and/or negative one when I am in other areas with conflicting ideologies.

Mind sooth and mind vision.
Edited by Skeptìc on 10/2/2011 6:23 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Priest
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

PvE

I heal heroics and raids in Discipline spec.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Right now, I feel really impotent when my party/raid takes a bunch of damage and I am tasked with getting everyone up. (To be crude) With the tools I currently have party/raid healing feels about as effective as hitting my genitalia against a brick wall.

Saving my friends from the jaws of death and being the safety net when it’s really hit the fan. I also love leap of faith, to the point that if there were more talent effects for it I would snatch them up too!

Having my friends die on me because I didn’t have the toolkit to deal with that moment.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

What I love about Disc it that it does not have a preset rotation; you have a toolkit and a problem. Every problem is actually different! Whether it be the party you’re are with or the encounter you are in, there are so many factors that there are spells I use for fights can be completely different than the ones I use for another separate fight! Everything I do is on its own contextual narrative and the rotation I use is subjectively different. I love that and I wouldn’t want it to ever change.

Something to change in raid/party healing to do my job better.

More class feedback threads!

Wands: I agree, they feel really useless right now.
Mind Soothe
Mass Dispel
Renew
Holy Nova
Shackle Undead: Very limited use. Why can’t I shackle demons? Horror movie priests can exercise them?
85 Human Priest
Hello all, im a total Shadow Priest, what i mean with this is that im pure dps, i don´t heal at all, both of my specs are shadow.

# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvP 4DW

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
All of them, mostly Arenas, and Rbgs, due that im full gear (no elite thou :( )

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

*As a shadow i would say GEAR BONUS, PLEASE, why the best gear for a shadow priest is the 4pcs HEALER set?? That doesn’t makes sense, therefore i do equip all the satin set (but I’m very conscience that is not the best to wear specially on arenas due to the survivability boost on healer set), BUT I REFUSE TO GEAR UP AS HEALER TO DO DAMAGE, AND MANAGE TO SURVIVE!!

*Some kind of shadow teleport maybe?? or a fade improvement ..

# What makes playing your class more fun?
Shadowform, not as easy to play as a mage or hunter.. as a pvp freak, youll never get bored, cause everybody will attack you XD (maybe because if your not skilled, you´ll die easily)

# What makes playing your class less fun?
Getting stunlocked against melees, we need something more than just disarm and fear to survive against them. I insist shadow teleport or a fade improvement

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

For pvp Its fine, i personally use to kinds of rotations depending on how the battle goes (face melter, or spiker)

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

As i said before, something like a shadow teleport or an improvement on fade, and most of all a GOOD SURVABILITY BONUS FROM THE DPS SET!, is just weird and out of sense that all pvp shadowpriest wears 4/1 healer set.

# What spells do you use the least?
Mindvision, but i must say its pretty cool

In conclusion, shadowpriest are not bad for pvp right now, we were better before 4.2 thou, as and hybrid class I know that we are not going to be mages, or locks, but we do need to be at the same spot in survivability, and burst.

Thanks for reading, and hopes this helps.
Edited by Myrwhydden on 10/5/2011 2:00 PM PDT
60 Night Elf Priest
•What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVP

•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

•If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
All of the above.

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
First of all, Vampiric Touch should be brought back to how it originally was when dispelled does "X" amount of damage everytime. The 3 second horror is okay, but meh. Vampiric Embrace does not heal enough. The heal I get from it is a joke. It needs to be buffed to maybe 15 or 20% heal single target, because I get trained by so many mele. Dispersion should be on a 45 second CD to help us survive longer. It sucks we have to glyph it just so it's 1 min 25 seconds. DKS have a 45 second AMS and they don't to glyph that.

•What makes playing your class more fun?
I love being able to offheal, and still put out some damage. I love dispersing while mounted. It's really nice to escape CC like when charged and hamstringed while mounted up.

•What makes playing your class less fun?
We lack survivability. Every mele class turns me into a punching bag. Our mana pool as shadow is horrible because we oom from using our DoTs which we have to keep on targets in arena's or bgs. I am forced to mindspikex2 then mindblast instead of DoTing sadly, because it's more efficient.

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) My rotation is fine. I have no problem with this.

•What’s on your wish list for your class?
I wish our class could sprint I think We need a better way to kite. If you gave us some sort of increased speed that procs from orbs or something that would be great too. Something similar to a fire mage's blazing speed. I aso wish our shadowy apparitions weren't so lame. I mean they just walk slowly and hit target do little damage. They should aso have a proc chance when hit to decrease all healng effects by 30% on that target for 10 seconds. I mean any class can just wand them down. So, it can avoided so it's not OP really.

•What spells do you use the least?
Mind sooth
Holy nova
heal
smite

85 Undead Priest

Both

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

I enjoy all PvE, both Dungeons (heroic and normal) and Raids (10-man heroic and normal), mostly played as Disc

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs]

I have competed in about 50 arena games (mostly 2v2) and I bg on occasion

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

I get extremely frustrated while raiding or doing dungeons when my Prayer of Mending (henceforth ProM) jumps to a player's pet. I can think of maybe a handful of times where it has actually jumped off the pet and back to a player. Due to the mechanics which reduce any aoe damage taken by pets, and the mechanics of increased tank threat, I never get to see that ProM used to its full effect. I would much rather see it land on another player even if the pet is at 50% health. Now on another note, in PvP, I would be absolutely in favor of ProM on pets. Sometimes pets do get focused by other players. Perhaps there could be a toggle option for priests somehow if we wish to prioritize ProM jumping to players instead of pets?

I enjoy having a huge arsenal of healing spells. I enjoy prioritizing which spell I plan to use for each situation and I love to be as efficient as I can.

Unfortunately this list is a bit longer, although I still love the class.
1. I become frustrated when watching other priests heal (dungeons, raids) because although I am happy with the incredible variety of healing spells, I see people using them in what (to me) feels like the very worst way.
2. I PvP in hopes that I can become better, learn things, earn items. However,
-- I am afraid to use a casted heal if there is a melee on me because I am not very good at fake casting, and I don't think I would last a full interrupt duration.
-- I feel that as soon as I use my Fear, it is trinketed and people are once again bashing my face in because I could not get away because everyone has a snare - and I have no way to break it outside of the healing 4piece which has a substantial cooldown and suggests the notion that I should never pre-shield or else I will lose my snare immunity.
-- Mind control is fairly useless. Once my Fear is trinketed, I might resort to this. The melee might interrupt this instead of my heal. But if he doesn't? Well, then I am standing around scratching my bum until it wears off, same health and unable to have run away. Unless this ability is kicked, it is not very defensive and cannot help me save myself.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”?

As Shadow, I feel that this is fine. Tier 12 confused me a bit in terms of Shadowfiend however. I never thought I would use it as a dps cooldown but that seems to be what it has transformed into (for this Tier of raid content)
As Disc, I feel that my rotation is very strong. I am sure to watch my Rapture timer for maximum efficiency and I enjoy the challenge of clearing the Weakend Soul debuff in a timely manner just in case I want to forego the mana to save someone from death

I would really enjoy a stronger form of CC. Fear is akin to Paladin Bubble - as soon as it's over you're free to burst the player down. Or in this case, free to stab, bash and axe for thirty seconds. I would also suggest Snare removal / immunity in the spellbook rather than on an item. I think that instead of incorporating snare removal in Shadow's talented Fade, I feel that it should be base-line. A self-only snare removal. In line with Hand of Freedom?

Inner Will. As a Disc Priest, I usually use it when I am running back from dying on Heroic Rag for the speed bonus. That's about it. I can't think of a time where I would prefer to use a global so I can save 15% mana on a spell or two and then switch back to increased spellpower. And as far as using a global to help me run faster, well, by then it is probably too late to get out of whatever it is I was running from.

As Disc I also neglect Renew. It is something I might cast on phases of very low damage where I could Smite instead, or if I know that someone will be moving out of my range of healing. The healing it does in conjunction with current health pools will certainly not save someone from some choice mechanics.
90 Worgen Priest

PvE - Shadow

Heroics/Raids

As mentioned by others, the random proccing of shadow orbs. I think they should have a base percentage chance of proccing that increases the longer there have been none.

The interesting rotation. I like that there is a mixture of dots, channels and casts and that there are different strats depending on the number of targets. As opposed to the same, random button slamming. Aside from the randomness of the shadow orbs, I like that we can use skill to improve by making sure that Empowered Shadows is always up etc.

Shadow orbs taking a long time to proc.

^^

A glyph that so that people in shadowform can choose not to look like they are in shadowform. Without this, transmorg is going to be essentially pointless to spriests.

Shackle, Mind Vision, Mind Soothe.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Shadow Priest

•What type of content do you focus on? PvP
-4 Person Guild "Family" We tend to just have fun. I will drop everything to come to a fight. Just wish i had the gear to make a difference when I get there.

•If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics, PUGS
-Whenever my Brother needs a pug in his guild runs and to get points to level guild.

•If PvP, what type of PvP? Arenas, BGs
-BG's for fun and Arena to try to hang with the serious players. At times becomes very stressful.

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
-I love the GRAB!
-I love SPIKE and the effect it has on Mind Blast.
-I like the was Spirit equals out to Hit.
-I agree with buffs being consistant for priest and not being on timers or hit consumption.
-Float has to be my favorite.
-Mind Control, well lets not get into it on a mountain top.

-Character Flows, mechanics are easy to understand and casting is more of my preference.
-Priest Class represents something good and Holy to me, very symbolic.
-The ability to take out another player that is superior and gear and skills with ease.
-Priest are able to help everyone with buffs, healing and Dps, not many other classes can say that.

-Not being able to cast Mind Blast or spike on the run.
-Allowing Shadow resistance to other classes which decreases our effectivness, it's not like we can be silenced and then revert to fighting with weapons.
-Taking intelect buff away and giving it to Mages
-Gear dependent, must be focused on Intelect and haste to become affective in battle. Other class can benefit from several trates that do not allow them to inefective in battle.
-Mages have their elementals, Warlocks have demons, why can't I have my Shadow Fiend out at all time?
-Mind Control, Fear, Scream are all decreased by other classes build and buffs. These are our main Defenses that are ignored. When i mind control someone away from me and only 4 seconds are left makes it a handicap for me.
-Being Shadow if I am silenced I cannot use anything.
-Wearing Cloth as a shadow priest. I'm fighting i should have some armor besides mu buff that CAN be debuffed.
-Once in Shadow form, If i heal or use certain Spells it takes me out of Shadow? Why, I did not spec into other talent trees. Shadow form should always be on whatever you do.
-Vamberic Touch should be instance cast.
-Mind soothe should also slow the enemy down.

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
-I do not DOT anymore, I choose to deal direct damage by this rotation: Spike, Spike, Blast, Death, Mind Flay,Mind Flay, Archangel, Spike, Spike, Blast, death
I feel I should be able to make Shadow Orbs from casting anything and my bubble up at all times until debuffed.

-Make a Frost/Shadow Spec.
-Combine Holy and Disc
-Make a combat Priest
-Shadow Fiend out at all times
-Allow ANY animal Human, Demon to be Mind Controled. Druids jump into cat or Bear form to resist this.
-Allow us to Fly without Mounts as Druid do in bird form.
-Allow a Shadow Priest to go invisible and take away usleess trates, mind vision, Chain the undead??? Chain everyone!
-Mastery should be for increases Spell power not increased orbs, I never make them so mastery is useless to me.

86 Worgen Priest
Both

Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs RBGs

I dont have any concerns really.

Versatility with different spells.

Power Word: Barrier. Personally, I think this needs to be changed. With the CD at 3 mins and 10 seconds of 25 percent less dmg to anyone under the tiny barrier baffles me. Just trolling sorry.

I like it quite alot. gg.

If I had to pick one thing It would defiantly have to be a derooting spell.

Mind soothe, holy nova
85 Undead Priest
PvE
Heroics/raids
BGS
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could
be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
The only problem i have is that priest lost there spirit buff way back when. I really thought that spell is what made priest better then most other healing classes. (except druids ofcourse)
-Well bubbling ofcourse is what i love about priest
and also that fact that disc is the better healing spec(well it has always been to me)

The spell PW:Barrier because i find it a waste of mana most of the time since it runs out relativly quick and only reduces damage by 25%. And the CD is bad for it.
Another thing i would say would be amount of Insta-cast heals, which priest have the least of, Since shamans have Natures swiftness. I find the Proc on the ability that gives Flash heal an insta cast is very rare compared to the Holy pally proc.
My rotation for disc could not be better right now, i enjoy it since we use Smite holy fire and PW:S for single tank healing which works wonder
My wishlist on my class would be
-More insta-cast
-A little more out of renew(in disc)
-a change to PW:Barrier to make it fit the disc mastery which would be great.
-A new design to holy nova to make it a giant AOE healing spell.
-Disc healing to be a bit stronger with haveing Arch angle being used.
-Mass cure Disease :D
- A new ability to inner will like SP boost + Insta-cast mana reduction and make inner fire Damage reduction and Speed for pvp or something like that(Since Shadow Priest are a bit OP in Bgs and stuff)
Mind soothe
holy nova
Heal since in disc it is not usefull
Inner will
Edited by Deathreaperx on 10/6/2011 6:29 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Priest
### What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both

### If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics (for points) and I like to raid. Waiting for patch 4.3 to take up raiding again. I have really wore out on the guild thing.

### If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Battlegrounds.

### What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Trying to keep my mana up. When dotting multiple mobs I start to go oom real quick . Same with Mind Sear but not as much.

### What makes playing your class more fun?

Mind Spike and Mind Blast have made BG's better. Not so much of a "Why am I here??" feeling.

### What makes playing your class less fun?

The complexity of the rotation in pve. Shadow orbs are very frustrating to maintain and time with your spells. It feels like gambling which is odd. I don't feel like I'm gambling with my other toons.

### How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I have always been generally ok with the rotation. Adding the constant monitoring of your orbs is a distraction. I would like to see Shadow Word Death have a 100% chance of spawning an orb via talents or something.

### What’s on your wish list for your class?

In PVP I'd would like to see another cc or a unique escape mechanism. In PVE I'd (as mentioned above) like to see Shadow Word Death spawn an orb. I try to hold an orb ready as we move between mobs but all too often the tank will delay and go in right after my orbs drop off. Having a guaranteed method of getting one orb up would be much less stressful.

### What spells do you use the least?

I have never used Mind Soothe... What does it do? :)
Edited by Megiddo on 10/6/2011 8:55 PM PDT
85 Draenei Priest
--both

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
--Heroics

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
--bgs

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunter
--not haveing enough mobility, maybe improve our fade freedom? and rng of orbs
IN PVP it seems rogues and Dks can have their way with me and theres nothing i can do

-- Shadowy aspiritions! i love it when they proc, just wish they had more utility like adding a debuff or something. also i hate it when they just stand around why cant they be smart and attack something else or another add with SW:P
also being able to throw in some helpful heals or bubbles to fellow BGs and the idea of healing through my shadow damage... even though it needs a slight buff imo, but not much.

--all 3 specs of priest need a blink or something... also paladins can use their stun once a minute and once every 40 secs specced into prot.... why is our one stun, physcic horror, on 3 min
i hate how mind spike takes away our dots....that half our dps spells and makes it less attractive to use so why pennalize us. i feel it should be dot up mind spike to get instant MB and insta crit, that so bad for me to ask? give us something else to push
-- MANA!!! S.priest oom so fast compare to mages locks or shamans i thought Ghost crawler wanted us to dps without worry about mana?

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
--find it okay atm

--mind flay while moving!!! give us some mobility and snare warriors, dks, rogues that are running for us!!!
--better mind spike
--better healing from my own vampiric embrace and i want to cast devouring plague on mult. targets....or 100% return on health from damage bc 15% on single target isnt worth it....so 100% on single target or 15% on mult...
-- maybe make fade, along with its current effect, sorta like a rogues cloak or whatever, we fade and for the duration are immune to spells and effects.... bc we are fadded :D sorta like going into another dimension lol

mind soothe holy nova heal
Edited by Isoholy on 10/7/2011 5:04 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Priest
Please, have in mind that I'm a disc priest. I never played holy this season and only play shadow for questing.

* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics dungeons and Normal Raids, because I don't have the time to work on Heroic modes :(

* If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I would be happier if I knew for sure what secondary stats are optimum for my spec. All we have is people arguing over it and not a real answer, so I have to make up my mind by guesses.

* What makes playing your class more fun?
Being able to save the day by playing awesome.

* What makes playing your class less fun?
Retarded people :/ Really, they can destroy a healer's day.

* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I like the shield penance greater heal thing.

* What’s on your wish list for your class?
Flashing heal healing more. It's just a lame skill.
I wish Divine Hymn was worth casting.
And I really hate having to channel Hymn of Hope. If you don't want us to heal during it, fine, but having to stay still is terrible, specially now that we have to manage mana so much better and keep running from things.

* What spells do you use the least?
Renew, holy nova, heal.

I must say I really, really, really love the play style of atonement disc priest. It's just so fun ^^ And it's really good if you know how to play it.
I don't think I can complain about disc. The only thing I don't like lately are the tier bonus. I think they should be more awesome :D

And please, PLEASE, work on the looking for group tool. A lot of people enter by having items in their bag they can't use or pvp items. That's not fair.
Edited by Ithillien on 10/7/2011 12:01 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Priest
PvE
Heroics, Raids
Arenas, BGs
Heal. Its a very mana efficient spell, but its casting time is too long for the amount it heals. I like the amount it heals, but it doesn't need as long a casting time as Greater Heal. You can get stuck casting heal when a tank is losing health real fast and you can't really do anything about it unless you cancel the current heal or wait for it to finish casting, but by that time the tank is already dead. Heal should be affected by Serendipity.
Holy Word Sanctuary, and in 4.3 its getting its mana cost decreased. So excited!
I can't spam spells because I run out of mana quickly.
I really like the new talent introduced in 4.3 where Divine Hymn has a reduced cooldown and heals 5 people instead of 3. Wild Growth for druids is losing 20% healing amount which will provide holy priests with a more productive rotation for raid healing.
Cooldown removed from Circle of Healing. Mana cost for flash heal at around 3k. Faster Heal spell cast.
Holy Nova
100 Night Elf Druid
We’re looking for feedback on your class as we work on changes and adjustments for a future game update. While we may be making some specific class changes in 4.3, what we’re looking for in this thread is overall feeling on the class as a whole for more long term changes in the future.

Here is the kind of feedback that is NOT helpful in this particular thread:

• Concerns that your current damage, healing or tanking is not competitive. While this kind of feedback is often useful, it also is the kind of thing that can change from patch to patch, and so it isn’t as useful for long term vision changes.

• Concerns that your feedback is being ignored or that we don’t take these kind of posts seriously, or otherwise posting anything that is off-topic or not in the spirit of this thread’s intent.

• Requests for responses to your suggestions or feedback. The purpose of this thread is to get information to us, not the reverse.

We hope you take these threads seriously, as we’re going to be reading them very carefully. We ask that you take time to think and formulate a useful and objective reply, as this feedback could be used to alter your class in substantial ways.

We won’t be replying here addressing your concerns. This is purely for us to read your answers to the below questions.

Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• What spells do you use the least?

We’re looking for feedback on your class as we work on changes and adjustments for a future game update. While we may be making some specific class changes in 4.3, what we’re looking for in this thread is overall feeling on the class as a whole for more long term changes in the future.

Here is the kind of feedback that is NOT helpful in this particular thread:

• Concerns that your current damage, healing or tanking is not competitive. While this kind of feedback is often useful, it also is the kind of thing that can change from patch to patch, and so it isn’t as useful for long term vision changes.

• Concerns that your feedback is being ignored or that we don’t take these kind of posts seriously, or otherwise posting anything that is off-topic or not in the spirit of this thread’s intent.

• Requests for responses to your suggestions or feedback. The purpose of this thread is to get information to us, not the reverse.

We hope you take these threads seriously, as we’re going to be reading them very carefully. We ask that you take time to think and formulate a useful and objective reply, as this feedback could be used to alter your class in substantial ways.

We won’t be replying here addressing your concerns. This is purely for us to read your answers to the below questions.

Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• What spells do you use the least?

SEE POST: THE PROBLEMS WITH HOLY PRIESTS.....
Edited by Phbalanced on 10/8/2011 1:02 AM PDT
85 Worgen Priest
•What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE

•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
5-Man Heroics, 10-Man Raids, 10-Man Heroic Raids

•If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Occasional BGs

Raid Frame Movement. The original raid frames used to allow you to pull out inidiviudal players and place them anywhere. I could have my 2 normal set up groups then pull players around to make focus groups on my own. I can no longer move players and the only way to move them at all in the groups is to get a raid assist and move them for the entire raid a certain way. I feel like I lost a lot of functionaility wih the new frames. However; I do enjoy the tracking of hots and PW:S in the new frames.

User Interface Improvements. Might be nice to consider combining Dispel and Cleanse to the same spell. Other healing classes all have their cleansing mechanics on a single spell, while priests need to use 2 buttons. I don't mind having 2 buttons to choose from, the problem I have is that priests have lots of different spells in our aresenal already and it causes placement issues on the spellbars trying to fit everything. Perhaps add an additional optional spell bar, I wouldn't mind seeing an option to have a focus spell bar of like 3-5 spots that could be put anywhere on the screen in addition to the current spell bars. I think it would make an interesting place to have primarily spells or spells with Cooldowns we would like to track better.

PvP versus PvE. I hate how spells get reworked to balance pvp or pve when they worked perfectly well in pve (or pvp) the way they were. I understanding balancing between the two is extremely difficult, and it ususally ends up to be an inbalance just trying to balance it. I really wouldn't mind the spells having different effects in pve and pvp. When you are pvp flagged your spells act like this, when you are not flagged they act like this.

Multitude of spells and the different type of healing. I love that priests have soo many spells. I also like that disc priests heal completely differently from the other class in that its mostly mitigation rather than healing after the damage. I love the synergy with other healers. I personally have level 85 healers of every spec that I try to play as much as possible. Priests are definitely my favorite out of all of them. I like that priests are a squishy cloth wearing class as well. It makes it more challenging. I like the versitility of priests, having 2 healing specs and having the ability to use the specs for different roles. I know disc priests that tank heal, while I raid heal. We both do it effectively, we both hit World of Log ranks. That is pretty cool.
85 Worgen Priest
The fact that we do have 2 viable healing specs makes changing specs more common for us than other classes. I wish we had an ability (on a cooldown of course) that allowed us to port (and return to where we were previously) to the priest trainer easier than other classes just because we have so many more options. Pve or Pvp Disc, Pve or Pvp holy, pve or pvp shadow. That's not even mentioning the situational changes within a current spec which I won't count since every class has these moments. I feel like out of all my classes that I play I have to hit up the trainer a lot more often on the priests (even with all of the classes having dual spec).
Long Cooldown spells. I don't really mind that Hymn of Hope and Divine Hymn have long cooldowns that don't allow them to be used more than once in a fight. However; if that's what your really looking for why not make them act like potions? Maybe you want them used twice only on certain longer encounters. I don't know the reasoning behind the long cooldowns. However; the issue I have with this is that they are not ready for multiple attempts in raid situations. There are some raid encounters (Heroic baleroc, Heroic Rhyolith) that I prefer to use my Hymn of Hope early in the fight. However; if the raid wipes early in the fight my Hymns are not ready for the next attempt. When we are pushing heroic content progression I really need every tool I have. I don't like holding the raid up with a "I have 5 more minutes on my cds" nor do I like throwing weaker attempts because the abilities aren't ready. Perhaps just having the cooldowns reset when the encounter ends (boss/mobs reset) could be an option. Although I could see that being an issue with over usage in 5mans or even pvp.

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I enjoy my rotation as Disc and Shadow. My main character, main role is a disc priest raid healer. I like that I can change my rotation based on encounter, situation, etc. and still be effective. I can spam shields around or use Prayer of healing or use attonement healing. I feel the lack of a straight rotation makes up for a very large difference in disc priests, but I really like this. Some of the other healers don't have as many options for this in my opinion, but I do like that there is some functionatily towards this. I think the holy priest lacks in spell choices. In a raid setting, it's very rare to be doing anything other than Prayer of Healing and Circle of healing. I suppose you could do something else, but that would be pulling away from the "maximim efficiency" idea. There is renew, but only those with high end gear can maintain the mana usage required most of the time.
85 Worgen Priest
Shadowfiend Mechanics. They now have the assist option, but a lot of times my shadowfiend will not cast, or will cast and just sit next to me if I have a friendly player targeted. Makes it really annoying as a healer because then my focus turns to making sure the shadowfiend is attacking something (and doesn't stop attacking) instead of focusing on my healing. I would like to suggest an option for an attack target of target. Therefore I can have a tank or a dps targeted (or mouseover) that I'm healing, and cast my shadowfiend and have it attack whatever they are attacking. The assist feature currently is also confusing when the target is no longer viable. If it dies, or needs to be switched (I'm thinking omnitron here when shields go up and damage must stop). I feel there is a little too much focus requirement of a healer to maintain proper shadowfiend uptime.

Lightwell. I feel the graphic needs to be much more prominent. The new spell detail for the holy priest Sanctuary AOE is so obnoxiously bright and sparkling that you cannot see a lightwell within the graphic. This is not the only circumstance that makes it hard to see. I would suggest the pillar of light detail go straight up to infinitiy. I think this would make its location a lot more noticible from all angles without making it any larger.

Disc priests really need Divine Aegis shields to show in raid frames. I find that like 50%+ of my overhealing comes from DA shields. I feel there is no good way of tracking this. I would like to see a changing tooltip buff that shows the duration of the buff and how much absorption is available on the target. Similar to Power Word: Shield in the raid frames. DA also needs to go back to it's own spell detail, although I have read there is work being put into a fix for this.
Mind Soothe hasn't been used in a long time.

Mind Control doesn't get enough usage in my opinion. Actually I would love if Mind Control was more of a Mind Link. Allowing you to contol the mind of the enemy taking on their abilities, but also allowing the priest to keep an ability or 2 of her own. For instance, in a 5man, healing priests cannot effectively ever use Mind Control because they have to be healing. I would love to see us get a heal of some sort to use with the mind controlled target, even if it were a higher mana cost flash heal. Something like Mind Control allows the priest to link minds with the enemy to take on some of the enemy abilities but requires greater concentration (more mana usage of own spells, and less spell options).

Heal as disc. Honestly the only time i use the spell "Heal" is heroic baleroc when healing the tank. I really have no reason to use Heal in any other situation when Greater Heal yields a larger DA shield and I have the mana to use it regardless of overhealing. I don't even have it on my spellbar for other encounters.

I like Mind Vision. I just wish it had more places for usage. Like maybe a trash pull in a raid that would be so much easier if you could see what was coming. Like a mob out of visual sight that if it were pulled with a buff off the pull would be easier. Nothing overpowering to th priest that required a priest to be in the raid group, but something exciting for the ability to be used on.

Shackle Undead. Just never gets used anymore. Then again. CC in general never gets used anymore. I really miss this aspect of Burning Crusade.

**Sorry for the 3 long posts. I wanted to be as clear and descriptive as possible, but the posts only allowed 5000 characters.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]