90 Undead Priest
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE, and "some" PvP.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroic Dungeons, Normal 10m Raids.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Casual BGs. I like those big Alterac Battles spamfests :D
I used to wintergrasp a lot, but I dont really like Tol barad :(

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Disc talent tree feels like is 2-3 points short. I just wish i could get more stuff.

What makes playing your class more fun?
The Synergy between some spells.
Shields (both pw:s and aegis) really feel strong now, and you can see your raid healthbars not getting lower because of you. Feels amazing.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Lack of mobility maybe.
Atonnement not being viable on some bosses or healing worms (?) .
Both Hymn spells having such a long CD.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
The swich from smiting -> Archangel -> healbombs is amazing. But again, you cant get all the talents you would want to get an perfect "rotation".
Prayer of Healing is really powerfull, but somehow the "heal a little, absorb a little" seems weird. Sure is amazing when your raid is getting constant dmg, but in some cases you feel like half of your spell is getting wasted. I feel something is missing there, like an "aoe" starter (sort of like Holy´s CoH).
Barrier is great, but I just wish it had more utility on 10m :P

Overall, healing as a Disc Priest feels completely amazing compared to what it used to be on wotlk. The game is really fun for us now.
I think the rotation is 90% complete.. almost perfect, just needs to get polished a little more :P

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Levitate to be used on mounted chars.
Hymn of Hope to be redefined to be a better mana regen ability (I dont like shadowfiend, it doesnt feel to healer-ish).
More Mind-controllable trash on raids (?)
Life Grip to be used while jumping, so I can make some weird saving-life manouvers.

What spells do you use the least?
Heal, Holy Nova.
Edited by Allyn on 9/12/2011 11:32 AM PDT
85 Human Priest
PVE. Healing

Raids

N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Making lightwell non-targetable is one of the biggest drawbacks to playing Holy, and in large one of the reasons I do not play that spec. This would solve many issues with a simple macro.

Discipline has a lot of tools at it's disposal. Being able to line up huge heals by chaining enchant, profession and spell cooldowns makes you feel like a beast.

I love playing my priest. There is very little I would say is "not fun" about playing one. This being said, I do not PVP, and have heard that much improvement could be made there.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Discipline rotation is solid. It's exciting and engaging to track Grace uptimes on your tanks, while building up large DA shields on raid members. Tracking your mending uptime adds to the fun, as well.

I would love to see a change for Holy-Word: Chastise to an interrupt. It would increase the need for priests to spec into state of mind, and provide an engaging way for them to get involved during healing downtime. I would also like to see a few more options for tank healing in the Holy spec. There seems to be very little play room in that tree in terms of speccing.

Holy Nova, Renew, Fear Ward, Holy Fire, Mass Dispel, Shackle Undead.

85 Goblin Priest
PvE

Raids

n/a

Empowered Shadows uptime.

Multi-dotting requires skill and engagement.

1) Uncontrollable mastery uptime (feels like Eclipse during WotLK).
2) Dispersion mostly feels like a way to gimmick strategies (e.g. Staghelm, Baleroc in t12)
3) Not much raid utility aside from Dispersion (Divine Hymn is bleh, can't PW:S without interfering with real Disc Priests).

It's enjoyable. It requires attention but still allows me to maintain awareness.

1) Allow Mastery to improve the % chance to proc Shadow Orbs for Empowered Shadows.
2) Take Dispersion off the GCD

Holy Nova, Mind Soothe, Divine Hymn
100 Night Elf Priest
Play Disc/Holy/Shadow PvE

PvE primarily

Raid / Heroics / Questing

BGs

Holy: Besides a smart heal lightwell like in ToC I have seen these ideas around the community

When a person at 100% health clicks the Lightwell; make it not absorb a healing charge and not apply any HoT

Make the clickbox radius of the Lightwell larger, so it is easier for players to find and click the Lightwell in a crowded situation

Ground effects can often diminish the visibility of the lightwell. Some sort of vertical light shaft similar to those Light of Elune stones or even the visually-improved raid icons would help make finding the Lightwell under this scenario easier.

Increase Sanctuary's throughput.

Discipline:
Decrease the cooldown of Power Word Barrier to 2 Min to make it more useful in raids. Even if the removal of the glyph which increases healing needs to be removed for balance. This would fit much better in our rotation and fits our class.

Shadow:
We are pretty much o.k. as far as damage and thank you very much as a long time Shadow Priest. New Shadow Graphic would be great one that shows your gear but maybe emanates a shadowy smoke effect maybe a smokey shadow bubble. Dispersion you would fill the bubble like now. Also a Emperor Palpatine force lightning type Mind Flay would be the bees knees.

Holy / Disc Being able to handle any healing situation because of our large tool kit.

Shadow:
Being able to deal great damage and have good survivability.

Holy / Disc Not being able to heal a situation due to our large tool kit.
Mana managment being so tight at critical at some points. Holy more that Disc. Our CC is pretty limited in most cases. Would be nice for all 3 specs have a mind control / mind stun that could be used to CC a target and still allow us to do other task. I know people would hate this in PvP. but at least we would have better survivability. Especially Holy which gets destroyed in PvP when focused.

No big complaints. Like that you can use a variety of spells based on your healing style and still get the job done.

See ToC Lightwell, Palpatine MF, and Improved Shadow form. A perma pet like a mini shadow ghost / apparition would be nice. Come on even bloody Mages have one and they come from Candy Land! :p

Binding heal and Mind Soothe. In fact give Mind Soothe the ability to CC a target and still allow us to do other task.
Edited by Hamacus on 9/12/2011 11:33 AM PDT
100 Undead Priest
First off thanks for taking the time to listen to the community. I hope this, and the other class feedback threads, are actually used in a constructive manner and improve the game.

All questions answered from a 5 year shadow priest perspective.

-What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE. PvP lost it's appeal to me after TBC.

-If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroic Raids.

-If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
When I do, it's just 2v2 Arena for points or random BG's now-a-days.

-What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Not relying on shadow orb procs to keep empowered shadow up. Shadow orbs can stay random for the increased dmg from mind blast. Just change empowered shadow to something resembling the current t12 4-piece bonus.

-What makes playing your class more fun?
Shadowform in all it's badassness. Also the fact that the base dps rotation has remained the same since TBC. The added procs and cooldowns makes it more involving.

-What makes playing your class less fun?
Taking away our mana battery role by giving replenishment to everyone. Multiple classes should have it, but it turned VT into just another dot. Losing Priest race specific unique ability was a harsh blow also.

-How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Seems to flow very well and the timing sync up as long as you have 3/3 mind blast and the proper amount of haste. Just the random shadow orb generation hurts when we have to hold a mind blast in order to keep empowered shadow up to re-apply dots.

-What’s on your wish list for your class?
Once again change shadow orbs and empowered shadow. Make shadow orb a constant buff like the t12 bonus or make it a short duration buff that is followed by a full duration mind flay on a target. Oh yeah, BRING BACK THE OLD MIND FLAY GRAPHIC. :D

-What spells do you use the least?
Probably Mind Soothe and Heal.
Edited by Giantfoamhat on 9/12/2011 11:34 AM PDT
100 Draenei Priest

PvP mostly now due to lack of active guildies.

Heroics/Zandalari's.

All of the above. Rated BG's I would like to do more of, but with the way they've been implemented versus the way most of the community hoped they would be is more of a chore and headache than putting an old 40-man raid together.

Fear breaking on damage and lack of break-out abilities or stun(s)(Since I focus on PvP mostly now). Warlock fear does not break on damage and is spammable, and even with DR it creates a HUGE almost hard CC where I do nothing while I watch people die since my partner(s) are stunned/rooted and still taking damage. Priests pretty much just have a trinket and that's it. We stand around a lot and either watch other people die or watch ourselves die.

LEAP OF FAITH is the single best and most fun spell ever put into the game as far as I'm concerned. I'm a hardcore Disc Priest and also have spent a fair amount of time as a shadow priest. Mind control and mind vision are extremely fun spells in a PvP context when you have time to use them. I think priests in the right situation can be surprisingly "hearty" and it surprises others. In regards to PvE, I think we have the ability to be extremely mobile healers (maybe just because that's how I play) and are very powerful in some instances where damage mitigation is key.

Mainly the lack of break-out abilities and lack of an offensive slow/stun like I mentioned above when thinking about PvE. Many of our spells that actually are most useful (and not with at least a 2-minute associated cd) are either channeled or have some sort of cast time which leads to us being interrupted with a school lock-out more often than not. So you're stuck in the situation where you're locked out of a lot of spells for a lot of time on top of being CC'd or you stop casting which still gives you about the same effect.

The other thing that makes my class less fun is the whole smite healing. I gave smite healing an honest-to-god try and it just felt very clunky and uncomfortable. I know some people love it, so take my comments with a grain of salt.

The last thing is Mana burn in Arenas. I'm one of those people who think the spell should definitely exist for bgs and rated bgs but I dont think it should be allowed in arena.

Disc healing I don't think has a particular "rotation" per se so I'll address Shadow. The shadow rotation is something where it's kind of a no-brainer after you get used to it. I would actually like it to be a little more challenging to figure out as it applies to any particular playstyle

More break-out abilities (by more I mean one would be enough). A slowing ability (like if someone hits me and breaks my bubble they're slowed for x-seconds). Dispel and mass dispel to cost less mana since it's expected to be used so much and is a basic part of our arsenal and with all the other class CC's we try to keep up with. Be able to utilize archangel without having to smite heal.

What spells do you use least?

Smite because I don't smite heal.

Side note to Devs: Threads like this are really great!! I was just speaking to my husband last night on how much of a "slump" WoW is in. It makes us just really sad overall and have had a great time playing in the past. We know that you guys and gals go to work everyday just like everyone else and try to do a good job and still have to listen to all of us and our issues. Believe me I can sympathize with my own profession. Again this is a great thread, and we appreciate your time and consideration with our thoughts.

<3's and /hugs to Devs!
90 Night Elf Priest

PVE

5-man heroics, regular 10-man raids.

N/A

-- I miss using my wand for anything useful except one-shotting lowbie mobs while questing for new achievements.

-- Lack of mobility. If I have to move due to "poop" on the ground, I'm out of commission in terms of keeping anybody alive aside from instant cast spells (which limits me to a really low amount of healing output in spells like PoM, CoH, Renew, and Holy Word: Serenity, most of which go on cool down after use [excluding Renew]. And that's only if I'm actually in Serenity. Sanctuary is less useful in this situation because, typically, everyone is moving to avoid the poop, so laying down a Sanctuary is pointless.)

-- When I was Shadow, Shadow Orbs proc was way weird. Sometimes I get 3 in a row right after starting in on a boss, other times I don't see a single one for 30 seconds. That's a long time to go DPS'ing without a major buff Spriests rely on to remain competitive.

Holy AoE healing is fun. It is engaging and makes you think about what you're doing. I really enjoy healing on fights like Beth'tilac. I like the healing model at this point, I just think there's a loss of utility in Holy in certain situations which makes playing that spec unfair. Same thing can be said of Discipline when it is asked to AoE heal.

Lack of a decent raid CD really makes me /sadpanda. And the fact that with my one healing spec, I am not able to fulfill both roles of healing when necessary (when I could in the past). This is extremely frustrating in Firelands where certain fights have no AoE damage, so the thing I do best is useless.

Instead of managing CD's that are useful to the raid in general, I have to manage 3 different cool downs (which includes a use trinket) to manage my own mana to be able to heal. That's kind of a pain. I'd rather be managing some "oh-!@#$" buttons/spells that actually do something to the raid as opposed to just making sure I have mana to keep up with my regular healing. The only CD I pay much attention to that sort of helps the raid is Lightwell. But nobody clicks on that effing thing ... otherwise, I use DH once and then ignore it because most fights don't last long enough to use it again.

Rotation is fine in general. I find Chakra, while fun, to be a little lackluster. Sometimes I find I've forgotten to activate it, and I didn't notice much of a difference except that I was missing Serenity/Sanctuary the whole fight.

Better raid cool down. Either increase the output of Divine Hymn or decrease the cd. Or both! :P

The above mentioned wish an issue with the spec. So I think the better "wish" for my class is that Holy and Discipline need to be brought in line with one another. Make them both good at AoE and Single-Target healing but keep their flavors/play-styles separate. Both specs can accomplish AoE and Single-Target healing as they are now, but they're both only decent at one of the two roles (and when you get in to Hardmodes, forget even attempting single-target healing as a Holy priest). And since raids like Firelands have situations where one boss we need AoE heals and the next boss, AoE heals is completely useless, Holy goes from great healer to sort-of-ok-healer-but-we'd-rather-have-you-spec-Discipline-for-this-fight healer.

Which then forces me to have TWO healing specs, and screw doing dailies as either one of them. Takes hours.

-- Heal. Mana cost > output. It simply costs too much and casts too slow for the amount it heals.
-- Binding Heal. Same deal as Heal. It's somewhat expensive, and I can usually heal myself by popping a renew on me and then flash healing a single target. While this may cost more mana, the output is worth it. And in the situation where I've taken damage as well as a couple other people, CoH/PoH is a better option, especially if I'm already in the AoE healing role. If I'm in a single-target role, I'm typically not taking damage.

I'm going to ignore other spells that have little utility in the Holy spec (i.e. anything related to Shadow, Smite, Holy Fire, Holy Nova) and other spells I use infrequently (e.g. MC/Shackle).

I'd also like to thank the Devs for starting up a thread like this.
Edited by Amallia on 9/12/2011 11:51 AM PDT
90 Human Priest
What type of content do you focus on? QUESTING. In lieu of that, achievements. PvE and PvP both.
If PvE, what type of PvE? Everything that gives achievements.
If PvP, what type of PvP? Everything that gives achievements.
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Right now the main thing that annoys me is that as a Disc priest, it's annoying being in a raid with another Disc Priest because our bubbles interfere with each other.
What makes playing your class more fun? Healing.
What makes playing your class less fun? My DPS really sucks for soloing and smite-healing.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) It's pretty good. Lots of options and variety.
What’s on your wish list for your class? Make Holy Nova like 500% stronger, both heals and damage. And make Prayer of Healing raid-smart like Circle of Healing.
What spells do you use the least? Pretty much everything shadow, although I will use the two dots sometimes. For healing, I never use Heal, Binding Heal, or Holy Nova.
85 Gnome Priest
Thanks for creating this topic on every class forum Blizzard,shows that you actually listen to our QQ!

So...

-Both

-Raids

-Arenas (2 vs 2 mostly) and Random BGs

1:Long time it takes Priests (especially Shadow Priests) to get ready to go back into battle after dying on bgs.We need to cast 5 or 6 buffs before we are ready!

2:Shadow Orbs can take a long time to proc sometimes (30 sec seens to be the worst case)

3:Shadowy Aparitions walk too slowly.

4:While Ligthwell is a powerful spell,it still relies on people remembering to click on it to use it.

5: As Holy,having to rely on Spirit gear exclusively for our mana regen.

-Atonement is one of the funniest healing playstyles I've seen in the game,and it can be quite useful as well.

-Shadow priests have a cool armory of CCs to use and are great at PvP and PvE content.

-The number of spells I have avaible to use when I'm healing.So many options!

-MIND CONTROL!

PvE :

*Shadow - Hoping that a shadow orb will pop up so I can deal more damage and refresh my DoTs isn't fun.

*Holy - Managing my mana while trying to keep people up during raids isn't the most pleasant thing to do.I have to rely on a 6 minute CD and a 4 minutes CD pet (that isn't the brightest pet) to get my mana back during long fights with lots of dmg (Beth' tilac).

-Lightwell sometimes goes completely wasted because nobody clicks on it.

-Lack of useful raid CDs.

Holy

PvP:

-Being interrupted by melee classes every 10 seconds isn't fun.

-Lack of mobility (except if for Holy Priests,that can get a 60% movement increase every 15 seconds from Body and Soul,but it's still hard to keep a distance from most melee classes)

Well,since I don't think healers have any kind of rotations...

*Shadow: For PvE,it works quite well and it's engaging.

-Better mobility for all specs on PvP.
-A way to make Shadow Orbs less dependant on RNG.
-A new raid CD for Holy spec (or make Divine Hym a 3 or 4 minute CD for Holy)
-A little boost to Echo of Light (or replace it with a completely new Mastery)
-Give our Shadowfiends a brain!
-Give Holy a talent that returns some mana.
-Allow Desperate Prayer to be cast on a friendly target.
-Reduce the mana cost of HW:Sancutary
-Condense all those talents on the Holy talent tree that improve Renew ,removing at least one of them.
-Add new options for Atonement Disc healers.

Renew,Lightwell,Mind Soothe,Holy Word:Sanctuary,Holy Word:Chastise and Holy Nova.
100 Undead Priest
What type of content do you focus on?
PvE almost exclusively.

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Heroics/Lower Tier Raids usually as Shadow

If PvP, what type of PvP?
N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
I would have to say the biggest quality of life issues for me are:
1) The lack of reliable interrupt. As many of said before Silence really doesn't work into a PvE build without some major sacrifices.
2) The randomness of the shadow orb mechanic. Very frustrating to go for 20-45 seconds without a single shadow orb on a boss fight.

Mind Sear targettable on players has made AOE way more enjoyable since I no longer have to worry about constantly swapping targets to something with more health.

Not being able to interrupt abilities and watching my group wipe because those that can interrupt didn't bother. Going for long periods of time at the start of a fight without getting any shadow orbs.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I'm pretty happy with our rotation. Not really any complaints at all there.

Probably the ability to summon 100 gnomes into the battle and explode them all for massive damage to all enemies in the area.. but given that we won't be getting that.. probably an interrupt that fits better into a PvE Shadow build. :)

Additionally, I wish mastery was bit more predictable of a DPS gain. For example, if mastery increased our chance to generate shadow orbs it would be more solid of a stat for shadow priests in my opinion.

Probably Mind Soothe, Mind Vision, and our AOE fear. As many other have mentioned Mind Soothe and Mind Vision are of extremely limited use, and AOE fear is too unpredictable to be used in most PVE content.

As far as shadow specific abilities, Dispersion is probably the one I use least, but not for any reason other than I just haven't really needed it that much in this xpack. My primary use of it is out of combat in the place of drinking.
85 Draenei Shaman
PVE

Heroics Raid

I don't PVP

Hymn of hope not actually buffing the priest using it

I really like the dmg output that shadow is doing. I enjoy all the various options i have as a holy priest when it comes to spells. Really like the mind spike mind blast relationship in pvp.

Well unfortunately all those spells that we have as holy aren't usually viable. I can do a 5 man and be mana inefficient and use spells liek holy nova like crazy but it's jsut for !@#$s and giggles. If i weren't covered in epics I wouldn't even heal a heroic

As shadow my rotation is awesome THE biggest problem though is orb procs. I have a ton of haste and yet I can go 3-5 mind flays without getting a orb to proc. And for something that is so key to our dps it's very frustrating.

i would like a consistent proc on shadow orbs. and a strong buff to holy nova spell, I wish lightwell didnt have to be clicked by players. In a perfect world it would just spam heals. A lower cd on divine hymn. hymn of hope to always provide mana back to the priest casting it. I wish mind blast didnt require Vampiric touch to be up. I wish Vampiric Embrace healed for more.
I wish shackle could be used on more than just undead targets like make a minor glyph so it can be used on elementals or at least demons I think demons makes sense. I wish HW Sanctuary healed for a strong amount.

In a serious raid I never use mind soothe, holy nova, Holy word sanctuary, and i rarely use shackle undead except for on Hex Lord malacross in Zul Aman. There just isn't enough undead anymore. Hmm as a holy healer I barely use heal. That seems so weird that it is on our tier two piece bonus when I don't really use it that much. And I know many disc priests that don't use it at all.

2 hours ago

85 Troll Priest
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
10-man progression raiding

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
1. Remembering to cast both raid buffs (Fortitude and Shadow Protection). Could they be combined into one, like Blessing of Might and Blessing of Wisdom?
2. Keeping Inner Will/Inner Fire up every 30 minutes. It seems like the buff duration is just there to make busy work for us.

• What makes playing your class more fun?
Atonement :D

• What makes playing your class less fun?
Wondering whether or not my Prayer of Healing is actually going to hit people. Can we pleeeeeease get it changed to a smart heal instead of being group based, so that I can just aim it at someone in the game field and be reasonably sure that the people around him are going to get healed? This is especially an issue in 10-mans, where missed PoH heals make a much bigger difference.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
We're at the point with mana regen where heal is basically useless and flash heal is starting to become affordable. Other than that, it's ok.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?
Prayer of Healing being no longer party-based.
Holy Nova doing something useful (what exactly is the point of this spell anyways? It feels like there was a good idea behind it initially but then the devs kind of gave up on it).
Renew being more efficient.
Divine Hymn being more on-par with Tranquility.

• What spells do you use the least?
Disc: Renew, Heal
Holy: Power Word: Shield, Renew
Both: Divine Hymn, Holy Nova
Edited by Dukhat on 9/12/2011 11:48 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Priest
PvE healing (disco) is what I do mainly.

All of the above. :]]

nope.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
That Divine Aegis looks like Power Word: Shield.

I love Penance and the Archangel wings. and OMG LIFEGRIP

Disc is pretty much awesome for me. Holy is less fun because one of my most efficient/awesome heals requires my raiders to click it at the right time...

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I like the priority feel of it. I like having to make a decision. I like learning how to pre-empt damage.

Could my Shadowfiend get a little smarter? Like from D student to a B student at least? And the Hymns could both use a little boost. Perhaps an interrupt? The only one that healing priests have comes choosing the holy specialization, but I didn't choose that...

Mind vision.
90 Troll Priest

What type of content do you focus on? Both.

If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? Arena, BGs, RBGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Uselessness of Wands.

What makes playing your class more fun? Having a decent array of abilities, including crowd control. Also enjoy playing DoT based classes.

What makes playing your class less fun? What seems like all melee being able to stick to me like glue.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I feel the RNG of Shadow Orbs in early rotation can make for very painful DPS in the start of the Shadow Rotation. I've gone fights were I wouldn't get an orb for the first 15-20 seconds of the fight which is a substantial loss in damage. Aside from that I have no real complaints about the rotation, it's come a long way and has gone in a positive direction.

What’s on your wish list for your class? More consistent Shadow Orbs, while balancing it with lower Mind Blast damage. Also more efficient ways of getting away from, or kiting, melee.

What spells do you use the least? Holy Nova, Mind Soothe, and Mind Vision.
85 Tauren Priest
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

Discipline PvE

Heroics

Having little to no hit makes it difficult to provide CC in the form of Shackle Undead when necessary, as it breaks on it's own more frequently.

Additionally, use of Inner Focus is limited to macros using it before Greater Heal, Flash Heal, and Prayer of Healing--it feels lackluster for PvE use, it might as well be a passive talent similar to Early Frost.

More fun than it already is? That's a hard one to answer--but I suppose it would be more enjoyable to feel like Power Word: Shield and Mastery were effective spell and stat strategies. The clunky synergy between the two and the rest of the Discipline toolbox is very noticable.

Having periods of damage where Atonement will solo heal the group without any further use of my toolbox is boring. Conversely, never having a chance to utilize those talents is overwhelming. I would just like to see the balance kept in check throughout the future.

I love being able to swap between efficient Atonement healing and necessary use of my more expensive tools. I think it is a defining feature that showcases and rewards skill in spell selection--even more so than the triple model healing. I feel that Heal is non-competitive as gear levels rise--and I would like to see a solution to that issue. Perhaps a talent that transforms heal into a cast-time shielding ability, so that when no healing is required(Atonement or otherwise) Discipline priests have the option to "extend" the life of players in preparation for when damage will hit, without the large penalty associated with use of Power Word: Shield(as most of that penalty should be shifted into finding the time to use the skill).

Hah, see above--I got a little carried away. I feel that Discipline is in a good spot, anything else might shift the balance too far into Discipline's favor compared to other classes/specs.

Heal, Holy Nova, Renew, Cure Disease(why isn't this baked in with Dispel Magic?)
Edited by Ruminant on 9/12/2011 12:11 PM PDT
85 Human Priest
I've read quite a few replies already to help get some ideas flowing, and I kind of expanded on their ideas a little bit. I'm probably going to get trolled for saying this, but I think Blizzard did a very, very good job with priests, and I'm almost afraid to make suggestions because I enjoy playing it how it is right now... But I understand changes also are what keep the game interesting, and knowing how much Blizzard loves priests (compared to, oh, let's just say pve resto shamans), I'm looking forward to new methods/etc.

What type of content do you focus on? Both, but certainly more emphasis on Heroic Raids.

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroic progression.

If PvP, what type of PvP? RBGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? HoH is very, very amazing. When I use it in conjunction with shadowfiend and a volcanic pot, my max mana gets to around 220k+, and my useable mana is about 180k+, which makes me giggle. However, Divine Hymn is lackluster when not used in conjunction with (glyphed) barrier, and is not up more than once a fight like barrier is, (save for Rag if you use it early, which is probably not a good idea anyway).

What makes playing your class more fun? I feel like I need to put everything I love about priest healing in here so nothing ends up getting taken out/nerfed/ignored. I essentially like everything about it, particularly how many useful CDs I have. Pre-bubbling the raid with a 58k DA stack makes me giggle. Also, my PW:S and DA take precedence over other healers' hots and direct heals, and PW:S functions as a 30k+ instant cast heal, and when used in conjunction with SoS/ToT, I feel like disc is the best tank healing spec out there currently. This patch seems to have a lot of predictable damage which, because my bubbles take precedence, makes it fun. I also feel like mind spike with a mind blast after (boulders for H Alys, transitions on Rag) is actually somewhat beneficial. If someone misses an assignment, I feel like I can pick up a portion of the dps on the add/boulder and actually do 50k or so damage to it in the 5-6 seconds that it needs to die. Lesser heal is also greatly undervalued (particularly by Holy priests since they could be doing something else), as it's a very mana-efficient way to SoS off your PW:S debuff. I also love the ability to lifegrip someone that's standing in fire, or otherwise being a baddie and not where they're supposed to be. (I *may* or *may not* also lifegrip people into lava when we take a break while raiding, too...) PVP-wise: Mass Dispel is phenomenal. Mind Control is absolutely amazing. Nothing makes me giggle more than when I MC that annoying rogue off the cliff at LM. There's no greater feeling knowing that I frustrated the other healer(s) after I power infusion/mana burn them to OOM too. Fear is perfect as well.

What makes playing your class less fun? Pre-bubbling the raid feels like it's mandatory since there's no reason to not do it (Alys/Domo for example). Because my bubbles take precedence, I feel like I have to always be watching aoe ability timers (seeds on Rag, stomps on Rhyo, et cetera). It's not "not fun", but it can get to be a little stressful (which isn't necessarily bad as a healer). As haste seems to be more throughput HPS than mastery, I do not feel as though I'm making much use of my mastery. A solution would be to make mastery scale up more and reduce the initial bubble of PW:S, but that wouldn't feel very balanced in my opinion. I honestly can't think of anything else that makes it not as fun as other classes aside from D Hymn having an excessively long cooldown, without some way to work the CD down (something similar to Train of Thought perhaps?)

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I predominantly play disc, and feel that the disc toolkit is very flexible and I have numerous options depending on what the incoming damage is going to be. Holy feels weak because their mastery is a HoT, which a majority of the time does not get the full benefit used. CoH is very fun to use, but PoH being based around raid groups makes some things complicated at times (if you don't set the raid frames up for pillars in 25man Nef, PoH becomes a HPS loss). Again, CoH is great for that, but it has a long CD compared to being able to PoH spam. But perhaps that keeps people from glyphing/spamming PoH like it's their job.

What’s on your wish list for your class? I really, really enjoy disc as it is. I'd like to see smite healing fall to the wayside though.

What spells do you use the least? Shackle undead (though, it makes sense for a "priest" to be able to only shackle something that's undead, unless it's an undead priest????), Holy Nova. I completely and totally despise AA/Atonement priests, as I feel it's a huge HPS loss.
PvE Shadow

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other
Heroics/Raids

Shadow Orbs are a nightmare. It'd be wonderful if they had a more reliable proc rate on them, or had the ability to control the proc on a cooldown (the first thought that comes to mind is tying a free Shadow Orb to PW:S)

Shadow is very fast-paced unlike other dot classes. I feel as if when I attack something, that they're going to scream and run away because our damage is both sustained and bursty, without being too overpowered.

Our reliance on Dark Intent. There is a very large and noticeable difference in my dps when I get this buff, even after the di nerf. It's not fun going from top dps to 3rd-4th after a warlock has to leave your raid.

I don't feel as if there are other issues with the rotation besides Shadow Orbs. Shadow is an enjoyable spec to play as, because it's neither too difficult or too easy.

Built-In mana- efficiency for Shadow. It's not cool having to use 3m dps cooldowns, or to sw:d to keep your mana up. Perhaps a good way to solve this is to make a personal mana gain from VT->Mind Blast that helps with mana.

Mind Soothe. The only moment that I need this is in Vortex Pinnacle.
100 Draenei Priest
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE Disc main spec, Shadow off-spec

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Regular raids, starting Heroic Firelands.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Better costing and scaling of Disc Mastery. The stat makes our 3 shields better, but for the cost of those shields, CDS involved, and the amount boosted, it seems pretty weak when you use the same values on Holy. With the moonwell trinket, I think it makes my shields like 4500 bigger. in Firelands, that is not a large amount of extra dmg for the cost of the shield.
Both Hym cds are far too long compared to other healing class cds.

For shadow, tweak a talent like maybe Phantasm to add a "proc" chance 50%/100% to get 3 orbs by casting maybe SW:D, Mindblast, or Mindspike. The rng factor in getting orbs at the start ofa fight is evil. This proc should have some ICD though, of maybe 45, 60, or 90 seconds.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
Smite healing. At first I hated this idea, but it has been much more fun than I though.

Shadow clones running everywhere lol... but they should move faster.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
not very mobile. Our Renew is weak, Mending is on a CD (and radnom 2nd target), and PW:S costs too much these days. What ever happen to proccing something to allow a Penace cast while moving? (wasn't this a cata beta teaser?)

Shadow is great but mindspike clear dots is not.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Healing is fine. Lots of things work together despite our mastery being limited to 3 things.
The HEAL spell is far too slow for the amount of healing it does. Yes I can spam this at pretty much zero cost for 25 mins, but it needs more !boom! to it.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Better mastery scaling for disc and less (much less) RNG on Shadow.

■What spells do you use the least?
Priests have a few spells that have extreme random use requirements.
Mind vision, and Mind Smooth come to mind first. MC and Shackle would be after that.
Shackle could be better if you could add a few other classes besides undead to it. (elementals for example.)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]