Class Feedback – Shaman

(Locked)

Community Manager
We’re looking for feedback on your class as we work on changes and adjustments for a future game update. While we may be making some specific class changes in 4.3, what we’re looking for in this thread is overall feeling on the class as a whole for more long term changes in the future.

Here is the kind of feedback that is NOT helpful in this particular thread:

• Concerns that your current damage, healing or tanking is not competitive. While this kind of feedback is often useful, it also is the kind of thing that can change from patch to patch, and so it isn’t as useful for long term vision changes.

• Concerns that your feedback is being ignored or that we don’t take these kind of posts seriously, or otherwise posting anything that is off-topic or not in the spirit of this thread’s intent.

• Requests for responses to your suggestions or feedback. The purpose of this thread is to get information to us, not the reverse.

We hope you take these threads seriously, as we’re going to be reading them very carefully. We ask that you take time to think and formulate a useful and objective reply, as this feedback could be used to alter your class in substantial ways.

We won’t be replying here addressing your concerns. This is purely for us to read your answers to the below questions.

Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• What spells do you use the least?
90 Draenei Shaman
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
bgs (soon to be Rated Bgs)

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Keeping Water Shield up during heavy damage phases
Having to constantly drop totems when moving around in bg's or raid encounters
Range of totems in pve and pvp
Dropping Totems feels like a burden especially when are trying to conserve mana in pve

What makes playing your class more fun?

What makes playing your class less fun?
All aoe heals have range limitations
Not having many healing spells to choose from
Spirit link - Having a cd with a major range limitation

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Tidal waves at 40% haste OR lower cast time for all healing spells
Wind/Water elemental
Improved Healing Mastery
A new aoe healing spell for when raid is spread out.
Chain heal range increased.
Improve Earth Shield
New raid or tank CD - or improve spirit link

What spells do you use the least?
Healing Surge
Unleashed Elements (healing)
Edited by Autonomy on 9/12/2011 11:03 AM PDT
85 Dwarf Shaman
* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE

* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

High end raiding

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Right now I feel my biggest quality of life issues revolve around the Fire Elemental Totem. It's AI is awful, but it's such a huge portion of my damage (literally 20%) that I can't even imagine dropping 2pt12 ever. Moreover, it scales solely off spell power, which forces me to make trinket choices around it, and managing multiple proc cooldowns around the 2pt12 cd refresh for fire ele is a massive pain in the !@#.

After that, I'd say Earthquake being so utterly useless for damage compared to every other AoE, yet it is our 31 point talent, is next.

* What makes playing your class more fun?

I love our mastery, and I love how quickly spells fly outta my character. I don't know, it's just fun. Thunderstorm as well is basically the whole reason I'm an elemental shaman, but we can't knock people off mounts anymore with it : /

* What makes playing your class less fun?

Having FS and ES still on the same lockout is a relic of the past. So is the fire ele issue I mentioned above, as well as the fact that it takes me around 15-20 seconds of sustained aoe to really get going, while requiring the mobs to still need to be aoe'd afterward.

* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

The rotation is fairly boring, especially as fulmination does so little damage compared to other classes 'big nukes'. However, a lucky string of 3-4 lava bursts in the row is an amazing feeling.

* What’s on your wish list for your class?

A bigger nuke spell. Fulmination always feels weak to me. Also, either NO fire ele, or a CONTROLLABLE one. I'd honestly prefer to not have one at at all, and just have that 3k dps rolled in elsewhere and just use searing then have to manage procs and cds and hope my fire ele isn't going to be an idiot.

* What spells do you use the least?

Earthquake. It sucks. Horribly.

Edited by Ikestorm on 9/12/2011 9:32 AM PDT
85 Orc Shaman

"What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]"
Just PvP in Cata really.

"If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]"
None

"If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]"
All of the above

"What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters."

Redropping totems.

"What makes playing your class more fun?" Being known as the burst class/spec.

"What makes playing your class less fun?"
Having no defensive Cooldown in the elemental tree. A useless 31 point talent in the elemental tree. Mana issues in the elemental tree. All concerns for pvp. Only reason we are even focsued is because we have no defensive cooldown in high pressure situations.

"How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)" Not a problem

"What’s on your wish list for your class?" A actual defensive cooldown to pop. (astral shift back please?) Fixing the mana issues for elemental. Getting a useful interesting 31 point talent just like every other class/spec gets. You go through the elemental tree and end up getting a useless 31 point talent while you look at other classes and they get ( Shadow dance, Metamorphosis, Dispersion, Killing Spree, Chimera Shot, Blade Storm, Titan's Grip, Riptide, Ghost Wolves, Deep Freeze, stuff like that)

"What spells do you use the least?"
Purge, Cleanse Spirit, and earthquake I haven't used once since the beginning of cataclysm. Anything with a high mana cost that I must use in pvp but i cannot due to mana issues in the elemental spec. Being forced not to use these spells because of mana is a broken mechanic I feel. Please buff thunderstorm mana return to 16%
Edited by Levianthan on 9/12/2011 10:14 AM PDT
81 Blood Elf Priest

Both

Heroics and soloing

Battlegrounds

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Totem dropping.

Setting up damage combos as Elemental in PvP.

Totem Management

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Overall I like it, although I was really disappointed with Unleash Weapon. It just feels like an extra button I have to push.

Totem overhaul. There's just nothing fun about them anymore. I don't want them to go away, I just want to have fun using them instead of it feeling like a chore.

-Water Shield
-Earthquake
85 Draenei Shaman
What type of content do you focus on?
I focus on PvE as Elemental

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Raids. My guild is just entering in Heroic modes in Firelands.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
With the addition of the Unleashed Lightning Glyph a lot of the issues have been alleviated.

The fact that classes with multiple DoTs are continuing to be the top parsing class. We're severely limited to be able to multi-DoT mobs because of Flameshock's cooldown and the introduction of Fulmination.

Totems are still an issue and forever will be. Aside from a few select totems, their duration needs to be increased significantly. Considering that numerous fights are lasting longer than 5 minutes now, I don't see why we can't have them last atleast 10 minutes.

Lightning Overload procs! Having quick-casted Lightning Bolts and then seeing another one fly off.

I can't think of anything. I'm happy with the class 6 years later.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I feel that Elemental Shaman have the best rotation. It's not terribly difficult to learn, but not easy to master. With the introduction of the Lava Surge talent and Fulmination it makes a bit more exciting than it was in Wrath.

A controllable elemental pet - though that is a bit of a stretch.

I feel that Earthquake as a 31 point talent isn't something that we should have as a 31 point talent. 31 point talents should be something that shows off that you are elemental and adds a unique change to the way that your class plays and adds something to your rotation. Earthquake is a situational spell which would better serve a purpose higher in our Elemental Tree. So basically - something to replace Earthquake as our 31 point talent, and moving Earthquake up the tree.

Unleashed Elements. It serves little to no DPS gain for us and is a wasted GCD compared to the damage that a casted Lightning Bolt does while the buff to our next spell doesn't compensate for that fact.

86 Orc Shaman
What type of content do you focus on? PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? 10 man raids and heroic raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Totems. They seem antiquated and having to constantly be aware of where they are and if they are in range of the raid is just tedious.

What makes playing your class more fun? For healing, I enjoy the healing spells that are available to us. However, it seems like they were designed more for 25 man raid (where you can Chain Heal, SLT, or Healing Rain a large number of players.)

I find Elemental and Enhancement pretty boring all around.

What makes playing your class less fun? For healing, long cast times. Doesn't matter what healer I am playing, I hate having to stand there for long periods of time to cast long cast time spells.

For Elemental, the roation (see below.)

For Enhancement, lack of any real CDs.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Well, for healing, its not really a rotation, but for the spells that I use, my biggest problem is with Water Shield. Some fights have me recasting it every 20 seconds are so.

For Elemental, the rotation is just plain boring. It's mostly Lightning Bolt spam. Fire Elemental Totem needs a pet bar, and the Searing Totem just needs to work properly.

For Enhancement, my problem is pretty much what my problem is for most melee classes. There isn't any real thought into my rotation. Once I have used all of my initial abilities, its simply hit whatever is not on CD. Very rarely do you have more than one spell off CD at the same time.

What’s on your wish list for your class? A complete redesign of the totem system.

What spells do you use the least? Healing Surge for healing.

Unleashed Elements for Elemental.
85 Draenei Shaman
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• 10 man normal mode raids mostly, as resto.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• none

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

• I feel "hassled" by two issues. Firstly, Water Shield. Just having to refresh it so often makes me feel like I need to obsessively keep refreshing it (even if I don't need to). If it comes down to having to heal someone or refresh water shield (when mana is tight), I usually chose to refresh WS. It's happened before where that decision has led to the tank dying. I believe there's some scaling issues with WS as well, but that's for other people to explain.

Second, I feel a bit of a lower QoL by the current totem mechanics. It's not so much that our buffs are covered by other classes, but moreso that in order to use a cooldown (MTT or SLT), I must recast the totem that a cooldown has cancelled. TO me it's an extra global cooldown and extra mana used when I have to recast my totems. I wish is that somehow I could cast my totems once in a fight and not have to worry about them again until the fight is over.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• I love shaman healing. I believe that we have the right number of spells in our toolbox to use. I have a priest as well and have a harder time healing on my priest, seems like there's too many options.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Well as explained above, having to recast totems often, having to refresh water shield often. I like SLT but wish we didn't have to be so grouped up when the situation is dire to use it.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• I don't think that I have a particular roation as resto. I use telluric currents quite a bit for regen whenever I can weave them in, which I personally don't find bad...it gives me something to do at all times.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Just a resolution for the QoL issues, probably a wider range on the AoE abilities such as SLT and chain heal.

• What spells do you use the least?

• I guess out of all the healing spells, healing surge doesn't make the cut. It's expensive and the cast time isn't all that much faster than GHW with tidal waves buff. It accounts for very little of my healing nowadays.

thanks for listening :-)
    Edited by Aisa on 9/12/2011 9:45 AM PDT
    90 Draenei Shaman
    PvE

Heroics

Because of Searing Flames, Storm Strike debuff, Flame Shock, sometimes i feel punished for switching targets. In Majordomo for example, if expend any special attack on add cats i will either have Fireshock or Stormstrike debuff falling on the boss or a half damage Lava Lash.

Buff Totens should have 100 yards range like anyother aura in the game.

Rework our AoE(again) sorry, but it just doesn't work.

Having a Spellpower weapon outdpsing a Agility weapon for good marjin(in best in slot setup) it's a major headache,for the second time in the same expansion, specially when you guys said it's not intend.

Sharing loot with Rogues, but not a legendary.

Totens are unique mechanic but they don't bring anything unique, they are weak and annoying to manage, to be honest i just want they gone...

I miss the wotlk days when we were GCD capped, really, stay still for 2 second waiting is not something i enjoy.

Haste or/and Critical becoming a relevant Stat again.
    Wolf hiting like a real DPS cooldown.
    Totens reworked or sc!%*!d.
    No more spellpower weapons.

I have around 24 keybind and i use them pretty often, i'de say Fire Elemental and Magma Totem.
    Edited by Sorä on 9/13/2011 5:02 PM PDT
    85 Human Paladin
    Whoops, wrong account. Well, trust that I have a shaman.

# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] & If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    PvE Raids

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Resto: Water Shield Renewal during GCD-locked times
    Elemental: Fire totem AI breaking frequently due to geometry or phase changes in fights. Also Elemental: The balance between active vs. passive damage sources weights heavily to active, which is very reliant on minimizing the milleseconds between casts. Sometimes this feels like it punishes mana casters and cooldown-locked dps'ers more than classes with recharging, 'poolable' resources like rogues/hunters.
    Either: Interrupts. Shaman have an amazing interrupt, which puts us on interrupt duty frequently. I have no argument with that--I like interrupting, it feels reactive, engaging, and overall useful. I HATE that I cannot interrupt unless I'm between casts. You've set us up to be one of the best PvE interruptors in the game, and two of our specs are frequently in the middle of hard-casting such that we either have to /stopcasting macro wind shear or sit on our hands waiting for the interrupt we know is coming in a few seconds. We can't optimize the interrupts as well as other classes either (interrupting at like 75-80% of the way through the cast bar, as opposed to whenever we can fit it in). My lack of control over my most frequently called upon raid utility is (and likely will remain) a source of frustration.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
    The Mastery is pretty amazing for making me feel like I'm a gattling gun of lightning and fire. The proc management of lava surge is both fun and frustrating, depending on how quickly I catch it. Variable reinforcement there.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
    Fire totem AI
    No strong defensive cooldown against most raidboss mechanics. While deathknights can AMS most 'ohcrap' moments in raids, shaman can hope for just taking less damage by spending 5 talents points for passive resistance. It's a different style of mitigation and it likely matters just as much on average, but spikes are what limit groups.
    Redundancy of totems. Almost every buff they provide is redundant with some other class (25 raids), except that they're range limited in a raid environment where people are very likely to be further than 30/40 yards from them. Totemic wrath is the exception at 100 yards. Thank you for that.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    Elemental: It's solid. There's an achievable challenge of optimizing it, but it doesn't ever become rote. It's both reactive and intelligent. Thank you, again.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Wind Shear able to be cast while casting something else (like SWG)

Elemental:
    Unleash Elements to FORCE the fire totem to attack that target when it unleashes flametongue. I would cry cupcakes of joy if that were the case. That seems like the most elegant solution to all the AI issues fire totems have. I don't need to control every spell the fire elementals/searing totems do, I need to be able to crack the whip.
    Earthquake: Usefulness is hard to gauge because of the low proc chance. I'd prefer to have a long cooldown and guarantee the knockdown on the first tick. Damage could be a bit more front-loaded too.
    Additionally, I'm worried that the T12 2 piece will become a permanent feature of elemental shaman. The only thing presently holding it back as a permanent feature to level 90-95 is totem AI (and that's not a good reason to not fix totem AI, btw). Either we're going to have to get that bonus permanently, or you're going to have rogue T6 2pc all over again.

Resto:
    Water Shield: Needs some way to not run out so easily. The current state isn't engaging or fun.

# What spells do you use the least?
    Elemental only here:
    Earthquake (Unreliable cc + not useful for any boss=not worth a point)
    Unleash Elements (almost always a damage loss now that we can cast on the run, suggestion above would probably see it get used a lot)
    Frost Shock (maybe if it were equal to mage slow and didn't compete so frequently with shock cooldown demands...)
    I seldom CC anymore, but frequently had to when people weren't as geared. I think our CC is still in a good place.
    Edited by Kittiane on 9/12/2011 10:18 AM PDT
    11 Gnome Mage
    From a primarily Elemental perspective:

Primarily PvE, to a lesser extent PvP

Raids (heroic 25s), and to a lesser extent Heroics/other raids.

Battlegrounds and Rated Battlegrounds

The AI for fire totems is at best unreliable - at worst malicious. In order to have any measure of control over them, we have to try to "game" the system and use positioning and luck. Some form of targeting control, particularly for the all important Fire Elemental Totem, would go a long way to making the class play better.

When you can get your rotation going well and chain-fire spells.
    Mobile DPS situations are a lot of fun due to the current T12 4pc and the Unleashed Lightning glyph.
    Chain Lightning is one of my favorite spells in the game, and I always enjoy situations where we get to use it.
    Totems as a utility system. I enjoy things like Grounding/Tremor/Earthbind, and wish the totem system was more focused around those than as buff sticks (particularly since, due to the homogonization of buffs, Totems are now at best "backup" versions of other class' buffs).

Whenever AoE is involved, or whenever Fire Elemental/Searing totem can't do their job properly. You can't help but feel excessively week in either situation, which is never fun.

Our single-target rotation is a lot of fun and works well. Our AoE rotation is abysmal. More on that in a moment.

* As mentioned above, Fire Elemental (and to a lesser extent Searing Totem) need AI improvements at least - pet bars for Elemental Spec at best.

* Elemental and Enhancement AoE needs to be reworked (again). There is no way to make a system that uses ramp-up time to counter-balance unlimited growth work. The way it works now, our AoE is massively stronger the longer targets live -- but most (90+% of) targets don't live long enough for us to even finish ramping up, let alone do good AoE damage. If Fire Nova is to continue to function as it is, it needs to have its ramp-up time dramaticlly cut (from 15-20+ sec down to 1-2 GCDs). The protection put in place to prevent too much damage against larger or longer-lived packs should be a target limit - not ramp-up time.

* Earthquake needs to have a purpose. Nobody has any idea what you're supposed to use the spell for right now, other than AoE when the targets aren't currently attackable, but you know when and where they will be. It currently has zero use in any normal situation, and naturally no use in PvP. That's a very narrow scope for a 31 point talent. It should stop trying to be 3 things at once, choose 1, and be made good at it -- rather than failing at all 3.

* Elemental's mana in PvP is still something of a problem. This could be eaisly addressed via set bonus.

* Elemental still needs some measure of defensive cooldown, or other means of forcing a target switch off themselves and/or dealing with high incoming raid damage.

As Elemental, Unleash Elements has no real use at the moment. Also, as mentioned above, Earthquake is struggling to find any use outside a very narrow niche.
    Edited by Strawberry on 9/12/2011 12:19 PM PDT
    90 Tauren Shaman
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE only
    If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Normal-Difficulty Raids as an Enhancement Shaman
    What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Searing Totem's targeting mechanic. Most notably on Ragnaros sometimes I have to recast it 2-3 times to get it to actually start shooting.
    What makes playing your class more fun? Feeling like I am genuinely contributing to the success of the group through more than just damage, such as when a MSW greater healing wave saves a tank or when I can healing rain to support AoE healing during those phases.
    What makes playing your class less fun? Having to cherry-pick items because haste and crit are such sub-par stats for Enhancement.
    How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Single-target, I love it, there's few gaps in the rotation and rarely do I feel like 5 things are up at once to hit either. AoE feels clunky for short-lived targets but great on 2-3 target longer fights.
    What’s on your wish list for your class? haste and crit being made to be stats worth having on gear.
    What spells do you use the least? Lava Burst. It only gets used during SWG when I have to run away from the boss and can't melee them.
    90 Dwarf Shaman
    This is the class I main, and by far my favorite class! I would love to answer some questions about it.

PvE is my primary focus, but I do PvP as well.

Raids, my guild does Firelands 25 raids every week. I play Elemental.

Arenas and BGs, I'm just starting to try to get into Rateds. I play Resto for PvP.

The Glyph of Lightning Shield and reagent minor glyphs mostly resolved quality-of-life issues that I had. The current biggest problem I have is not being able to issue commands to my Fire Elemental or Searing Totem. Especially the Fire Elemental. Sometimes he just decides not to attack and it's a huge dps loss, especially with our Firelands dps centered around the tier 12 two piece bonus (for those who don't play Elemental, it's about 20% of our dps).

The Glyph of Unleashed Lightning. Probably the best thing to happen to this spec, ever. Even when I'm doing old quests it's very fun to mess around with. Also, mastery procs. I love seeing Lava flying towards a boss with another ball flying right after it. Now if I can get a Dragonwrath things will get really crazy!

When the Fire Elemental acts dumb and stands there doing nothing. It's a big hit to dps and frustrating. Just the ability to command him to attack would solve this, but I know he's tied to the totem and not the player so it's not trivial to implement.

It's great. Earth Shock's addition to the rotation from Wrath has made things interesting. Shock cooldowns actually have a meaning in PvE. Lava Surge keeps me on my toes. I'm glad that it's more of a 'priority system' than a rotation this expansion.

Commands for the Fire Elemental. It would save many Ele shamans frustration.

Low ramp up AoE! On a fight where multiple mobs are alive for extended periods of time (Rhyolith), I can easily ramp up my AoE and be very competitive. On fights like Ragnaros with the Molten Seed adds, the add that I have flame shocked usually dies early and my shock cooldown can make it hard to hit another. I feel like my dps is still very competitive overall for the fight, but a low ramp up AoE spell would be great. Earthquake fit the bill pre-4.1, but the current state of Earthquake is such that I skip it for PvE. Damage is too low for the high mana cost and inability to move the spell after casting it.

Earthquake - I don't even talent it anymore
    That's honestly the only spell I don't use related to my spec. I think all of our other spells have a great situation where they work well. And Far Sight? Well that's our special little power and I can check out where Shannox is if he's far away!
    85 Draenei Shaman
    09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

PvE, with some organized PvP mostly Rated BG.

Raids, 5-man dungeon, questing, soloing old content, achievements.

Totem interaction has become very clunky, its largely ignorable in PvE, but in PvP all the useful PvP totems, sans one is on the earth totem, you have to be extremely careful to use them in the proper order, or lose basic utility (IE, stoneclaw THEN earthbind).

Absorbs shutting down both my mana regen and MW generation in PvP.

Defensive Cooldowns like sham rage not being usable off the GCD.

Range on buff totems like Agi/Str, 5% spell haste, 10% physical speed, mana regen. Ours are limited to 40 yards, yet every other class has much higher ranges on their persistence buffs, or they stick on the players (shouts, mark of the wild, blessings, horn of winter). Yet Ele spec is given 10% sp at a 100 yard range from their fire totem.

The amount of keybindings shamans need to use to be successful, when I play my other characters I don't feel like I need to use nearly as many of my other abilities and it makes playing it overall smoother.

Searing Totem still behaves erratically, there are situations on a weekly basis where it will attack targets without a stormstrike debuff, or flameshock debuff where there is one in range. The only reason I ultimately care is because of searing flames.

Shaman AoE for both elemental and enhancement is very frustrating. Multidotting is a very painful process for melee in general, and for both DPS specs when your dot has a CD. Fire nova's interaction just makes it worse. Something that splits enhance/elemental aoe apart would be best. Something for enhance akin to Blood and Thunder from warriors. And something letting elemental dump their fulminiation procs into their AoE, ie having the LS stacks affect Earthquake. Making both aoe rotations streamlined, and still with multiple abilities (chain lightning, slow multidotting).

Being able to effectively contribute to my PvE and PvP teams. Knowing I am just as effective as any other member.

Needing to AoE.
    Babysitting my fire totem.
    Babysitting abilities as a healer that I shouldn't need to, like water shield.
    Not being able to ramp up my DPS in burn phases, and seeing everyone's DPS skyrocket during heroism while my just plods along.

Overall I enjoy it very much, but worry that without any sort of resource system it's going to become increasingly untenable. My biggest frustration is how punishing target switch can be for us. Because of the long CD on abilities, using LL or SS on a soon to die add is very counterproductive. Leaving me with only UE, shocks, and LB on adds, while autoattacking. This can make add duty very RNG based, since I can't rely on WF procs.

A basic resource system of some sort, to give shamans the long term health they will need.

Primal Strike.
    Flametongue totem, I don't even drop this on the rare occasion I play resto as you may as well get bonus damage if you get SP buff from someone else.
    Elemental Resistance Totem.
    Totem of Tranquil Mind. Seriously a totem competing with healing stream.
    Earth Elemental
    Edited by Alkari on 9/12/2011 9:56 AM PDT
    85 Dwarf Shaman
    PVE

Heroics and raids.

AOE is takes too long to get going, and the crazy fire ele totem.

The proc managing system is a awesome. Despite its flaws.

When all my procs come up at the same time, with little time to use, and ill have to lose dps no matter what. If the LS had more charges (without consuming all of them, just increasing its capacity) like 15 or something consuming only 6 at most, someone said something about this in one post the other day, the procs management would be more fluid. Or just remove the shared CD from shocks.

We dont have one! And thats good!

No more shared CD on Shocks! Or more charges on the LS, and some improvement on the AI of the fire ele or at least be able to control it.

Earthquake, the spell is to weak. Using CL and Fire nova on CD is more effective and last longer (mana wise).

PvE

Heroics/Raids

Taking the Charge mechanic off of water shield, possibly replacing it with an internal cooldown, or giving it a glyph like Glyph of Lightning Shield has. Making Weapon Enhancements (Flame tongue, Windfury, Earthliving) unlimited duration.

Riptide, Unleash Life, Chain Heal is one of the most fun spell combos in the game in my opinion. Also, Tidal Force was an amazing utility spell and I miss it very much. For those that don't remember it was the 3 charge buff from Wrath that when activated increased your crit chance by 20% per charge left on it, and every time you crit it lost a charge.

Having to refresh Water Shield and Earthliving Weapon mid fight, trying to get everyone to stand in spirit link.

Feels generally solid. Wish Unleash Elements had a shorter cooldown.

Tidal Force to come back. A version of Spirit Link that is centered on your target rather than a totem, (slap it on the tank and have it radiate from him snagging all the melee DPS in one go.) A mastery that actually felt effective. As it stands I really don't notice any difference in my healing when I focus Mastery over Crit except that...I crit substantially less and lose all the benefits associated with critting as a resto shaman (There's like 4 seperate procs off of critting on a healing spell, it's amazing). I don't feel that my mastery really offers anything for me, it feels like spirit on warlock gear.

Lightning bolt. Who takes Telluric Currents outside of PvP?
    86 Troll Shaman
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PVE.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raids.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    NA

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    1. Totem range.
    2. Fire ele AI - can we give him some brain please ?
    3. 31 Talent point (talking about EQ) is just horrible considering it's our "spec super spell".

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    Everything about it, love shamans, love ele, chain lightning proccing x3 is just sexy to see :D

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    Fire ele having an AI of a burnt biscuit.
    31 talent point is junk.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Fine as is.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    1. Fire ele getting a brain (or a pet bar to control him).
    2. Fire ele range increase.
    3. EQ replaced with something thats actually worth speccing into OR redesigned to be a "worthy" 31 talent point.

■What spells do you use the least?
    1. Unlease ele (ele), i wish i could use more, use it maybe once or twice per fight (depends on movenent, procs etc), sometimes not once.
    85 Dwarf Shaman
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    Both but Mostly PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Raids.. Competitive raiding enviroment

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Arena and RBGs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Not having a large DPS cooldown to provide burst in PvE or PvP.My level 85 ability, SWG, has become near useless for elemental with new glyphs and set bonuses. Elemental's 31 point talent is completely worthless as a major of the AoE in FL is while on the move. My Fire Elemental isn't smart and attacks the wrong target(or no target at all) 50% of the time.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    Being able to compete with other classes on the meters or in PvP. Being able to provide an essential role in raids or RBGs(an dmg increase for interupts would make this even better)

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    Being leftout or sat because my class cannot effectively AoE in PvE. Being a target near 100% of the time in arena because it's common knowladge I will die quickly if focused.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Elemental's rotation is simple right now. It works and provides good numbers but a more complex rotation with larger numbers would be worth it to me. Providing a large CD to intergrate into our overall rotation would also spice it up. Our damage across the board is pretty standard. We used to be the class with the most burst in the game and now we are the opposite. Our DPS starts and ends around the same number and provides no real jump.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    New 31 point talent
    Permenent Fire Elemental
    Large CD to provide more burst damage
    More solid AoE damage that can be used even while moving.
    More survivability in PvP wether it be from more damage to burn things quicker or more defensive CDs
    New nuke spell to provide a more complex rotation and larger burst
    ■What spells do you use the least?
    I rarely use unleash elements since Lightning Bolt in more intergrated into our talents providing more damage per GCD. With our 4 set and GoUL I can move around 75% of the time and still continue my normal rotation making SWG near useless. If I do use SWG it is used for 1 LvB or CL then back to LB so it isn't providing the buff. In PvP I cannot purge most people anymore for fear I will drain all of my mana and spot healing in PvP is extremely costly. Forgot to include EQ since I don't have it in my PvE or PvP specs.. I don't know many classes that don't even take thier 31 point talent because it is so bad. EQ is a mana hog, doesn't do enough damage and the unique part of EQ(the knockdown) usually ends up hurting the raid more then helping. EARTHQUAKE IS USELESS!
    Edited by Thoriak on 9/12/2011 9:51 AM PDT
    # What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PVE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Heroics and 10m normal raids

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Totem mechanics are really clunky. It would be nice to not have to recast Searing Totem so frequently. Speaking of which, the AI on Searing Totem and Fire Elemental Totem are really bad. Recently, my Fire Elemental just stood there and did absolutely nothing against Nefarian. Searing keeps going after the same enemy, long after Flame Shock is gone, and I've switched targets.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
    Unleashed lightning glyph makes movement fights so much better for elemental (in my opinion). Mastery procs are a nice surprise when they occur. Being able to off-heal helps often, like throwing the occasional Healing Rain in a pinch. Being a hybrid class is fun in itself.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
    Buffs are now covered by everyone else. Moving totems everywhere.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I actually like the priority system in place, personally.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
    -Earthquake still hasn't found its place, I think. The only time I find it useful is on really low-hp trash or adds (Corborus' crystals, for example). Make it more useful, or replace it.
    -Better AoE (see above)
    -Totem system re-vamp
    -More Fire Elemental (with fixed AI), after t12 has passed

# What spells do you use the least?
    Definitely Earthquake and Unleash Elements
    Edited by Alansi on 9/12/2011 10:13 AM PDT
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]