100 Draenei Shaman
Elemental Shaman POV
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raid

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs, but rarely.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
AI on our elementals. I think they'd (more specifically the fire elemental) be so much more useful if they didn't stand by an ill-placed totem, especially in kiting fights.

What makes playing your class more fun?
I've always enjoyed playing a shaman (elemental). I love having mobility now (even though at first I got carried away. lol)

What makes playing your class less fun?
AOE fights. lol. Sad, considering our 31 point talent.

Another thing that I want to point out, though it may not be a focus point for other shamans, and I haven't thought about how it would be in reality, but I started playing wow a few years ago, and chose a shaman, and more over, an elemental shaman because I thought we would be able to control the elementals. I was so excited when I saw all the little rock elementals running around when I did my first totem quest, thinking one day I'd get to have one with me all the time. I didn't realize that meant he'd be on a 5-10 minute cool down, active for 2 minutes, with little hit points, and bound to a totem with fewer hit points. I was pretty disappointed.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I don't have a problem with it. Although, is there a reason searing totem doesn't last longer? I'd rather not waste a gcd on it *as often*

What’s on your wish list for your class?
31-point talent overhaul (It takes too long to cast, doesn't do a whole lot of damage, costs a lot of mana. Individually they may not be such a problem, but combined it makes me rarely use it.)

Better elementals.

What spells do you use the least?
Aside from far sight (which is pretty cool if you're bored I guess), and only counting actual damaging spells, I would say earthquake. It's just too much of a hassle.

Well, that's my feedback. It may not be popular opinion (I haven't read the rest yet), but it's just how I personally feel, and it's a few things I think could be fixed to help make shamans more fun!
Edited by Eleytwun on 9/12/2011 10:47 AM PDT
92 Goblin Shaman
Both

10M Raiding

BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
For Elemental: Fire Elemental AI; While improvements have been made it still seems off a lot, honestly it would be nice to have the ability to tell it what to attack while it's up.

For Restoration: Water Shield, keeping this up is just a stupid hassle, granted my main spec is Elemental, but I do play Resto from time to time and the biggest draw back is water shield.

Elemental Mastery seems thought out and implemented well, current 4pc t12 is awesome, being a hybrid class gives me the ability to do other things while still maintaining DPS.

Seems a good portion of our totems are useless, as most of the buffs are brought by other people in the raid, not a huge problem, just kind of an aggravation from time to time.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Seems like the rotation is pretty solid.

Improved Earthquake or a real ability for our 31st talent point. It feels like Earthquake is just useless, lengthy cast time for little damage, all in all the spell doesn't seem too thought out.

Earthquake, Earthquake, and Earthquake.

PvE

Raids, 10 man exclusively, starting heroic FL. I basically only play resto, but sometimes OS as enhance.

I play some arena, but not too seriously (actually, I am too serious when I play, let's say, not too often instead).

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I'm not sure if this falls as QoL, but shamans have a problem that both of our aoe heals require stacking, especially in 10 man. Things that are obviously QoL: water shield gets knocked off too fast, totem ranges are too short, dropping cooldowns like mana tide and spirit link totem require that we lose a nice totem for a time, and we also have to redrop it.

Some solutions: more water shield charges, increase totem ranges, have mana tide work as an effect on the current water totem, and have Spirit Link be an effect on the shaman (a mobile effect), rather than a totem.

Instant ghost wolf, enhancement is pretty fun (I guess I like the priority system).

CH being unusable most of the time in 10 man raids (HR too), our totem ai is wonky (sometimes it just doesn't want to hit a guy with searing totem), enhancement aoe damage takes too long to ramp up (I can do about 1 fire nova before eyes die on occu'thar).

I hate the gap after riptide -> greater healing wave -> greater healing wave. Some people say that's when you use lightning bolt, but I didn't spec into telluric currents (perhaps I should).

I think a nice solution would be to make riptide give three charges of tidal waves, or un-nerf Healing Surge so it could be a usable gap filler.

Longer ranges on Chain Heal, or the ability to chain through full health players if no damaged players are in range. Also, better mana regen, maybe having Mana Tide Totem help the shaman more than it helps the group.

No gcd on Unleash Elements.

I never cast healing surge.
90 Draenei Shaman
PvE

Raids (some heroic raids)

I don't Currently do any PvP on my shaman.

Im with some of the other people's responses i read, the totems having such a limited range (and some of them have such a short duration) and having to pick them up and move them in order to have them where i need them (i think they would be better served as a sort of pally aura type thing, leave them the way they are as far as which ones we can have up at a time, but make them more like something we just click on and off so we dont have to constantly move them when we have to move) Or make SL totems sort of like hunter traps (in the sense that we can essentially "fling" them where we want them to go)

I honestly dont know how to answer this one, i like the way shamans are designed as far as the play style (other than the way totems are)

Such horrible mana return from water shield, and having to constantly put up water shield even when i have literally taken no damage. it seems like sometimes during a boss fight, i take zero damage but still lose a water shield charge (maybe a glyph or something to make it where watershield never drops below 3 charges or even one charge for that matter. so we dont have to constantly reapply it) i use addons to help me remember to reapply it when it falls off due to damage or time, and i still forget to reapply it a lot of the time. Also some one mentioned the fact of having to drop extra totems to get mana back or as a raid CD (manatide totem and Spirit link totem) and then having to redrop the original totems that were there. i agree that those CD totems should maybe be an effect of the current totem up rather than a temporary replacement.

I'm resto, so i dont really have a "rotation"

Watershield glyph similar to the Lightning shield glyph so we dont constantly have to reapply watershield. Also some mobility changes to the totem system.

I literally havent used healing surge since before firelands came out. Unleash elements. and earthquake when im in my elemental spec (not worth the mana cost most of the time)
Edited by Kateri on 9/12/2011 10:49 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Shaman
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]PVE
■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]Heroic Raiding
■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? None that I can think of.
■What makes playing your class more fun? All the abilities playing enhance requires you to use.
■What makes playing your class less fun? Most of the other dps classes output ebbs and flows based on the amount of Health the target has. With MM hunters enjoying great output at the start. And many classes have either abilities or talents that improve output near the end of an encounter "execute range". The shaman rotation and output is the same no matter which portion of the encounter you are in.
■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) It is one of my favorite features of the enhance shaman. To be fair, I perfer my Warrior tank for the same reason.
■What’s on your wish list for your class? As mentioned above, either an opening range or execute range mechanic, ideally that changes the standard rotation, as opposed to a built in damage increase. Either increase the damage of earth shock to require it be used on CD earlier in the rotation, or just bake in a % increase to the damage of lava lash.
■What spells do you use the least?
Air totems, with the number of classes that bring the relevant buffs, I often am not required to drop an air totem, I also rarely use the reduced pushback totem in the water totem tree. I often wonder why it is in the water totems rather then the air totems.
85 Dwarf Shaman
PvE

Raiding (and Heroics if needed to cap VP for gear rewards)

BGs when time allows

Maelstrom Weapon talent.
Pro - Very fun (specifically the choice of spell to use)
Con - Lavaburst being excluded from available instant spells after a MW 5-stack proc

1. Dwarf. (thanks!)
2. Stormstrike. Damn I love that animation and impact feel.
3. The hybrid choice of healing or damage as well as the depth of choices and talents per role. Everything feels very cohesive and streamlined. I had never played a Shaman (at level cap) prior to Cataclysm. By far, I have never had more fun playing than I do now with my Enhancement Shaman.

For reference to the gravity of the previous sentiment...
In vanilla + TBC my main was a Protection Warrior (which I love), but the amount of abilities to manage always felt a bit unwieldy.
In WotLK my main was a Holy Paladin, which had maybe too few useful abilities (but was very fun prior to the overhaul early in the Ulduar content progression timeline).

So far, the biggest disappointment was needing to throttle damage back at the onset of combat to avoid pulling threat from the player tanking. However that has been handled very nicely with the recent change to threat modifiers for tanks. (thanks!)

Something that makes my class less fun, but isn't directly tied to my specific class is ground effects. In the raid environment, the proliferation of "good" ground effects from fellow players often times lead to mistakes where "bad" ground effects from monsters or bosses are also being used gratuitously. They have a tendency to obscure one another or be too similar, which I understand is an inevitability given that they are all things that exist on the ground.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I enjoy opening my rotation, but tend to feel left hanging too often where my core handful of abilities are all on cooldown. There is also a bit too much of "if this, then do this" which leads to having horseblinders on. I want to watch the actual game as often as possible, not stare at my ability GCDs and buff list.

Shorter cooldown(s) on one or more core damage abilities (Enhancement spec). Even if it meant a reduction in per use dmg output. Maybe it's because of the previous classes/specs I've played, but I really miss having something I can "spam".

Rockbiter Weapon.

Seriously I have never used it once. Feel free to replace it with a non-combat animation of me tossing baby powder in the air magnanimously (á la Lebron James). I'll use it at least occasionally then.
90 Pandaren Shaman

Primarily I focus on PvE content, I'll do some PvP but mostly on my other characters.

-----------------

I am a raiding elemental shaman. I will do other content but generally only so far as to get myself more prepared for raiding.

-----------------

N/A

-----------------
- Totem AI mechanics are a major issue. As you probably already know, I am referring to Searing/Fire Elemental
-Totem range
-(I would put Earthquake here, but I wouldnt call it quality of life.. lol)

-----------------
-Being a competative Ranged DPS with uitility.

-----------------
-Many totems just dont get used, or never seem to be as effective as other classes..
-AoE system is horrible.

-----------------
-For Single target I love it. simple yet effective..
-Multi-target however.. the big problem with the current AoE system is that in theory I could do some of the best aoe DPS in the game, but it takes forever and alot of concentration to get it all going. takes WAY too long.

-----------------

-Well... here it is. the meat of the survey..The answer is simple.. AOE. I would like an earthquake that is instant (or maybe a glyph that gets rid of the knockdown but keeps the damage) and maybe it just drops it wherever you are at that moment.. like thunderstorm.
-Also to that end I would change the fire nova setup. make it something like

"Fire Nova: Your flame shock debuff on targets explode dealing XX damage and spreading to all enemies hit (Or maybe just 4-5 enemies)"

By doing this you give elemental, and really any shaman the ability to AoE more effectively quicker. youd drop a quick EQ, fire nova spam, and while those are on CD you drop chain lightnings.

This one is something further down the line, but I think a kind of "Elemental Avatar" spell would be pretty badass. it would depend on which weapon buff you have on, like Unleash elements.. And basically it would be a passive that procs off that specs main spells.. or be togglable with a fairly long CD (kinda like druid's tree form).. and it would turn you into a fire/water/air elemental.. each ele would give a different buff.. one to melee attack speed.. another to ranged maybe more crit or mastery or something, another to healing spells.

As has been said I would like a talent that allows the fire elemental to remain a main rotation item for the elemental shaman post t12. the fact is it makes sense.

And on that note of course.. the AI really needs to be fixed.. I would love it if it were something like the wolves.. an actual pet you can command to attack..

-----------------
Earthquake.
--------------------------

Thanks for reading =)
85 Goblin Shaman
PVE

Raids, with some heroics

Not big into pvp

Having to constantly refresh Water Shield. Many times it is do I refresh for mana, or use the gcd to heal.

Healing Rain

The general feeling that I am a lesser healer this expansion.
A 4 piece bonus as resto that is worthless on most fights vs other healers.
Not being able to utilize all my healing tools, unlike other classes.
No real defensive cool down

I am fine with some fights single target heals are better than raid heals. I can handle that. Though when our 4 piece tier is set around our chain heal, and in most fights in Firelands it is ineffectual to use, it becomes frustrating.
Also the mastery tends to take a beating with the everyone else's. With shields, absorbs, and hots, it seems by the time we get our heals off the bonus to the mastery is far lesser.

I do not want to be the "best" healer, as there is not one. I just want to feel like I can do my job, and do it well. As of now in firelands I feel I am the expendable healer. One that can be sat for the holy paladin, resto druid, or holy/disc priest. I want my role as a resto shaman to feel just as important to the raid. The only fight atm that I feel i become needed is H Rhy, with spirit link in phase 2. Other than that, it feels as if it would be better to bring a resto druid or holy priest for raid heals in place of my class. Or another holy pally for tank heals.
So in short, better mastery. Perhaps have An Awakening be able to be used on aoe heals.
Totem management.
Personal defensive cool down.
Totem of Tranquil Mind, can that be placed into Air totems?
I would like to see a greater play with elementals as well. Perhaps each of the shaman specs specializes in an elemental. Fire for elemental, Air for enhancement, and Water for Resto. These elementals could be quasi pets that would offer buffs to replace the totem system. Then one could customize the "auras" that these elementals give.

Unleash Elements
Edited by Agasha on 9/12/2011 10:46 AM PDT
90 Goblin Shaman
Both

Heroics/ very casual raiding

BGs / Rated BGs

AOE is very mana inefficient and not useful on low-health targets
Casting Water Walking dismounts me
Having our buffs being tied to our totems
Fire Elemental does not do what I want it to

Ability to cast lightning bolt while moving
Our utility
Fun spells such as Far Sight

Our current AOE style

It is simple but it flows nicely

Different AOE
Smarter fire totem AI

Water Breathing, Unleash Elements, Earthquake
85 Draenei Shaman

*PVE

*Raids

*Casting Water Shield more than my heals on fights
*Fire totems AI
*AoE heals only truly effective on stack phases
*Totems Range

*Totems, the most versatile mechanic imo but lack some updates

*Lack of CD's in both DPS and Healing
*Dealing with a bad AI on my fire totems
*Having to recast my totems mostly everytime i move

*As Healer we depend on Tidal Waves too much unless we stack only haste
*As DPS not having a clear visual effect on Lava Surge can be bad if you dont pay attention

*CD's for either resto or ele/enhance
*Better Ai for the fire totems
*A tweak to the totem mechanics
*More versatile AoE healing

*Healing surge
*Earthquake
*Unleash Elements (Resto)
90 Pandaren Shaman
PvE

Raids (Heroic)

The largest quality of life improvement for Elemental at the moment would involve giving us more control over our fire damage totems. As has been said many times a pet bar for our Fire Elemental would be greatly appreciated -- implementing the new Assist stance into our searing totem would also be very nice.

The utility that Firelands needs are: defensive cds (shield wall, dispersion), raid cooldowns (hymn of hope, rallying cry), stuns (hammer of justice, holy wrath), pushbacks (typhoon, t-storm), and burst AoE. As Elemental I do not have a good defensive CD (glyping for Elemental Mastery is NOT cool), I do not have any raid cooldown (we can off-heal, which isn't too great but so can other hybrids), I do not have any stuns, I have a 360-knockback on a 45 second cooldown (the cooldown is often the limiting thing here, otherwise it's a nice CD), and furthermore I do not have any burst AoE. Any improvements in said areas would be a great quality of life improvement (as we get sat because we don't have these). I know that we can't get everything but some useful utility would be greatly appreciated!

Our self healing is god awful. When Blizzard nerfed Healing Surge for all specs because Resto was OP in arenas it really screwed with Elemental. I'm currently at a 384 ilvl with over 10,700 SP in a raid and it heals for roughly 9k (non-crit) where, for example, a priest could Flash Heal for probably 15k (non-crit) in my gear. Allowing us to heal ourselves efficiently would be awesome.

For me being able to contribute to the raid and the encounter in general is "fun", so basically being useful.

Not being useful. Most encounter designs favor classes that offer utility and damage. Elemental offers damage, sure, but our utility is very lacking.

It's simple yet it can be complex juggling shock cooldowns when multi-dotting. I wouldn't mind it being more complex (another DoT perhaps?).

I only have one problem with our DPS rotation: if Fire Elemental isn't in it, we're garbage. We either need our Searing Totem buffed, have the tier 12 2-piece in a talent somewhere, or give us a permanent pet. As of right now our 2-piece is a 3.5-4k+ DPS increase alone, we'll be using it in tier 13 if there arent' any changes/nerfs to it or improvements to us.

• Increase the effectiveness of Unleash Elements for Elemental

• Pet bar, give Assist to searing totem

• A reliable defensive CD that doesn't involve our DPS cooldown(s)

• Improved self-healing

• Perhaps lower the mana return on T-Storm in favor of a shorter CD or make the glyph take 20 seconds off the CD instead of 10

• Since we have so much mana, perhaps let us use it? Maybe a Detonate Mana type ability. As it stands Elemental pretty much has no resource limit unless we spam heals. On AoE we do use mana but it's gained back with glyphed Chain Lightning.

• Giving Elemental Mastery the ability to increase our mastery rating by say 10-20% would be nice, but as far as our damage goes we don't need a buff as long as we can keep our Elemental out.

• I'm not a fan of classes being alike, but procs that reset cooldowns should work alike across the board. Change Lava Surge to act like Shooting Stars (Balance druid proc to reset Starsurge) - if I'm casting Lava Burst and Lava Surge procs, I want to be able to use that right after I cast Lava Burst!

Unleash Elements - It's just not worth casting as Elemental in single target or AoE/Multi-target situations. The only use I've found for it is knocking back meteors on Ragnaros. It is useful without the glyph of Unleashed Lightning.

Earthquake - The cast time man! Reduce!
Edited by Precip on 9/12/2011 10:39 AM PDT
100 Dwarf Shaman
PVE

Heroic 5mans and Reg Raids

N/A

Totem range, duration, AI. Especially Searing Totem and Fire Elemental.
Overly complicated and dps ruining AoE.
Having to reapply Water Shield every 10 seconds is irritating.

All three spec's play completely different and a blast to play. I main as Resto, but I switch between Enhancement and Elemental on occasion for variety.

Our AoE sucks so hard. Earthquake is garbage. Having to place multiple flame shocks before I can do any actual AoE is not even slightly fun. In all honesty, I'm more likely to just use magma totem. I don't even care about the dps loss from this.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
The Resto "rotation" is just fine. Enhancement is sort of a button masher, but I enjoy it still. Elemental has the most fun rotation by far.

Where to begin....
Restoration.
Mastery now increases all heals by x% per point of your mastery. not on a sliding scale.
Spirit Link totem no longer has a range/lasts 12 seconds.
Elemental.
Shocks no longer on same global cool down or at least on a shorter cool down. 3 seconds would be nice.
Searing totem always attacks what I am, no matter how much I change targets.
Enhancement.
CLEAVE STYLE AOE.
Higher point level ability to use Swords.

Restoration. Healing Surge. High mana cost, low return.
Elemental. Unleash Elements. For the time to cast this, I could have thrown 2~4 lightning bolts.
Enhancement. Shamanistic Rage. Meh spell at best. I tend to use Stoneform more often. This should be in the Elemental spec and buffed. Would make a decent defensive cooldown for them.
85 Tauren Shaman
PvE

Mostly raids...

Searing Totem - one minute only and the lack of control, it randomly attack the nearby monster not the one I'm attacking.

Lack of AoE spells as enhacement shaman.

Totem Buffs - earth / wind totem are useless if the group have a druid / dk + priest.
Our totems should support the group as a extra buff not the same with other classes. Since cataclysm, our mainly focus is close to useless in hardcore groups...

Totems and Feral Spirit/Riptide.

Fire totems (Searing, Fire Elemental and Magma).

Easy, simple and straight to the point. If I like something different I would make a Fury Warrior...

Exclusive totem buffs and like 2 - 3 buffs/bonus totem per element especially on earth one.

Some kind of defensive cooldown almost every class have one our best "defensive" spell shares cooldown with Fire Elemental.

As Enhacement:

- Chain Lightning
- Fire Elemental Totem
- Fire Nova

As Restoration:

- Tranquil Mind Totem
- Fire Nova
85 Troll Shaman

* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both

* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]Raids

* If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]All

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Water shield needs to not come off every 2 seconds on high aoe fights, maybe make aoe not trigger it?
* What makes playing your class more fun?
Bombing chain heals on people in puddles. I also love procing a second lava burst from mastery in pvp then 9stack fulmination and taking someone to half health.
* What makes playing your class less fun?
Well for starters 1 like i said water shield needs to be fixed with not coming off also resto shamans mana regen is far behind all other healers and the resurgence buff/mana tide nerf made it even worse.I feel like we should have some extra way of getting mana back than just our crits like stacking water shield orbs from crits and unleashing them like with fulmination but for healing or mana.
Totems are a burden at this point. Every one else brings every buff that we can but do not have to waste a gcd or 2 or 3 during a fight to make sure they are still up. We have a range on totems that really no other buffs do meaning we have to replace them to try to hit everyone meanwhile other classes cast it once and done or have an aura and dont have to cast it at all.Our healing is solid on stacked phases and you already know that i dont see why we cant have a wild growth/circle of healing type spell to one make us not have to be either in a puddle or 12yards together to see decent aoe healing.
* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Elementals rotation is fine and has gotten a lot better in cataclysm but earthquake is a garbage 31 point talent and all other aoe for both dps specs takes way too long to ramp up.enhancement has no resource or cooldowns. at this point all other melee have a resource even paladins have holy power. Mana isnt a resource when u never run out and are never building towards doing anything with it. maybe add another spell or change one to make it do more damage the more mana u have and make it cost a lot of mana when doing more damage. so you have to replenish your mana before using this awesome move again. Enhancement like i said also has 0 cooldowns. At this point Feral Spirit has become a healing cooldown in pvp and raiding.
* What’s on your wish list for your class?
Fix totems just make them an aura or something. Fix water shield so it stops dying. Give enhancement a cooldown and a spell that they have to work toward for bigger dps like a templars verdict but without holy power.Also pvping as elemental if u get kicked and locked from nature school and lvb and shock are on cd u literally cant do anything but drop totems thats kind of a huge problem. And finally for resto my main spec and the spec that made me love this game. Give us something else to use on aoe when the raid isnt stacked or increase the range of chain heal or both. make water shield not come off so easy and possibly add another way to get mana from watershield by accumulating charges like lightning shield.
* What spells do you use the least?
Healing surge,sentry totem =P
I just want to say something here that wasnt a question asked but i just want to say somethign about the state of shamans in general.
We used to be a support class and thats what made us so valuable to raids ie windfury totem and bloodlust. I cata u took our support away and even took away a lot of it in wrath. You took our support away and never compensated us with more healing/more dps to make it all even out
100 Tauren Shaman
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

>>>Mainly PVE

>>>Raids 2 nights a week 10m

>>>Resil is just crazy now a days

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.]

>>>Allow shamans to get rid of t heir original quest totems. They waste bag space.

>>>The diversity of its abilities, all are very unique and rewarding

>>>I feel glyph choices are kind of mediocre And the talent trees flow is improperly mapped.
>>>Fire nova / FS multidotting

>>>Removing Chain lightning from ele and enhances rotation was a mistake. More so for Enhancement, since the glyph made maintaining our shield easy mode.
>I wish frost shock had a more important pve use. Enhances talents make frost shock actually fun.

>>>>>>*cough tanking :P
>>>Make "spirit walkers grace" Move our totems to us AND WITH US for the duration of that spell.
>>>Id like the resto tree to be revisited. TC is a interesting talent, considering its depth in the tree it causes some problems. Consider switching the "cleansing waters talent and "tc" talents locations. Make it a 3 point talent, the 1st restores mans as is for the 2pt currently, the 2nd adds hit, and the 3rd point allowing LB to be effected by "tidal waves" haste buff.
>Change the Ghost wolf enhancement talent and the glyph. Just switch the glyph makes GW insta cast and the talent increases speed.
>Fix Fire Elemental's brokenness. Give it a setup like searing totem. Make it attack the frost shocked target .....OR a pet control bar of sorts. (make fire eles maintain searing buff for enh)
>>Base Spirit wolves on agility and not AP/wolves heals stink in cata nothing like in wotlk
>Enh self heals are crap next to ret or other classes. Enh needs a serious haste buff.
>Make thunderbolt base line for all shamans.
>Give elemental spec a Survival cd other than stoneclaw/glyphed
>visible range on magma totem
>MAKE ANCESTRAL RECALL A 2nd INDEPENDENT hearth location if mages get BL we should get a sudo teleport ESPECIALLY with the Universal nerf to Hearthstones + the gperk

>>>Lava Burst, since it has 0 room in enhancements and restos setup
>Tranquil water maybe in pvp, but never had a need in pvp
>not being special anymore BL and totems just don't have the zing they once did....
>Frost Brand - its unleash isnt fantastic...
>Earthquake - cause im not ele
>Far sight DONT TAKE IT AWAY

final note:
I used my sentry totem in pvp, id like it back (buff it to increase its appeal to others.)
I like water shield and earth shield the way the are.
Edited by Megalithe on 9/12/2011 7:28 PM PDT
90 Troll Shaman
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE]
P.V.E.

Heroics and raids,

Well, Resto wise there's always that little Water Shield issue. The one where it constantly needs to be reapplied?

In Elemental, our AOE is all over the place now. If we had a better idea what our "go to" AOE is, that would be nice considering right now our AOEs are Earthquake, Fire Novas with Flameshocks, Magma Totems and Chain Lightning to a lesser degree.

As Enhancement things are looking nice. We could definitely use some more defensive cooldowns. Being melee for me has a larger chance of me dying to something I can't see while staring at Rhyloth's big toe.

The most fun I have with my shaman is when chain lightning is in use. For Elemental it means I get immediate mana gains as well as instant 9 stacks on Earth Shock. Enhancement it's when I pop my wolves and immediately begin dancing at 70% movement speed behind an NPC enemy. Resto...well, I don't really like Resto that much. I'd say my healing rain and chain heal but that requires the people around me being nice and stacking.

A lack of 2 handers for enhancement. But seriously, Elemental is in a good place right now.

Enhancement is too easy to die with, and resto has to rebuff constantly their water shield.

For Elemental it's great, for Enhancement it may be a bit too GCD dependent.
2-Handers for Enhancement shamans being "viable" and I'm not talking being able to equip, I mean getting talents and perks that support such builds. Please?
*Greg "Ghostcrawler” Street is the lead systems designer for World of Warcraft. He tanks with a two-hander. On a shaman. Boom.

Don't think that didn't slip by me Greg.

We could use better differentiation between what's the Enhancement's AOE and what's our AOE. (Btw, our 31 point talent is lackluster, and not exciting or fun. Please remove, put on a longer cooldown with better effects, or give it to us without talent points and find a new 31 point talent.)

Healing Surge, Unleash Elements as Elemental, and well, none really for Enhancement and I think that's an issue, we're pressing way too many buttons. >.>;
Edited by Panadyne on 9/12/2011 10:54 AM PDT
55 Draenei Death Knight
Mainly pve, some pvp

Heroics, raids, some daily questing, pursuing achievements, and collecting mounts.

I have yet to step into a rated BG, however I enjoy both battle grounds and arenas. Making arena teams with real life friends is my favorite aspect of pvp.

I have no quality of life complaints when it comes to shamans.

I like how shaman healing works in Cataclysm. Mixing rotation (earth shield > riptide >healing wave/greater healing wave) with situational spells keeps healing fun. I like having to think on my toes and react to various situations rather than focusing on a single rotation while dealing with the different boss mechanics i.e. stepping out of the flame. Enhancement would be more appealing to me if dps worked more like healing in the sense that it mixed a small rotation with situational spells. Enhancement dps seems like one big rotation in which the only variable arrises when maelstrom procs. Maelstrom weapon is the most interesting part of enhancement dps, because of this I think playing an enhance shaman would be more fun if our dps revolved around this proc. Another thing which would make shaman dps and dps in general more fun is if there were more variability to the ways in which a dps player could produce the greatest amount of damage. If dps classes were forced to change rotations according to boss fights in order to maximize dps this would add a whole new level of fun to the game. Instead of approaching a boss and learning how to deal with its mechanics, a dps player would also have to learn how to use their given abilities in the best rotation possible to maximize dps. This kind of strategizing is already a part of a healers gameplay. I cannot stick to a single rotation when fighting every boss and I must adapt to use my situational spells as well as my rotation.

Less flexibility. I like being able to do a variety of functions

Healing rotation, two thumbs up; Enhancement, thumbs up; Elemental, NA

I miss disease and poison cleansing. This made shamans feel more like tribal trolls. I do play a troll shaman,however I understand that disease and poison cleansing makes less sense for other shaman races like dwarf or tauren.

rockbiter weapon, chain heal, fire elemental totem,
90 Draenei Shaman

Both. Primarily PvE though.

25-man Raiding

Primarily normal BGs, with a little Arena/RBGs on the side

1) Totem Range - While totems are definitely core for shaman, being chained to totems seems rather meh.
2) PvP Mana - It feels like Elemental is the only pvp caster that can run out of mana and stay out of mana.
3) Fire Elemental Leashing & AI troubles - This is the big one. It doesn't feel good when I've sat on Heroic Shannox for the first 10 seconds of a pull, drop my Elemental, and he goes charging off after Rageface (which makes him effectively useless for his entire duration.) At the same time, whenever he gets too far (how far "too far" may be is subjective as I've seen it be anywhere from 25-40+ yards) he'll turn around and sit on the totem for the rest of his duration unless something hits him.

Removing his leash (or increasing it to 100 yards or so) and giving him some sort of assist function would go a long way to fixing those issues in #3.

4) The abominably long ramp up on our AoE. It takes 20-25 seconds for my AoE to become competitive with most and another 20 seconds to catch up with the other AoE dps. That just seems like an unacceptably long time when only 1-2/19 (Maloriak H and maybe Halfus) fights so far have had an AoE mechanic that allowed me to do that and the other 5-7 fights (the 2 maybes being Magmaw and Conclave depending upon your strategy) that involve AoE don't come even close to lasting that long.

Being able to do well when playing with my guild. Anything that helps us progress (except maybe soul-crushing nerfs to fights that we're close to killing :S) is welcome to me.

Things that make me unable to come close to competing (such as shortish burst AoE) with others.

Single target? Happy as a tornado in a trailer park. The (Elemental) rotation is engaging and at the same time not terribly complicated. It has factors that separate the good from the bad and the good from the great. I feel that overall our Single-target (so long as you can fix totem AI) is well balanced.

AoE? It's clunky, frustrating, and to many it's unfun. As a masochist I don't share the view that it's unfun, because I'm always working on interesting ways to make myself better. I'd love to see it changed into something with a smaller rampup.

A fix to our AoE. Whether that's a complete rework or a re-tuning of the current rampup time, something needs to be done to it :S

Either Earthquake is fixed or removed (for something like a permanent Fire Elemental *hint hint*)

Elemental mana issues fixed (allowing the 4-set to proc rolling thunder rather than just adding a charge would be a good start :D) in pvp along with gaining some sort of small defensive cooldown.

Unleash Elements and Earthquake.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]