85 Dwarf Shaman
KVN
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids in particular

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BGs and some 2V2s

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Totems. I love them, I hate them. A lot of the buffs they provide are just covered elsewhere. An immobile buff just isn't worth the mana most of the time.

Incoming damage in PVP is difficult to deal with. I have a hard time countering stuns, silences, and other similar effects. Cata has been a huge step up though.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

Flinging lightning is much cooler than other elements/spell types. Certainly I enjoy the synergy of my offensive abilities in all 3 trees, especially in Elemental. The Unleashed Lightning glyph was a terrific idea and solved a lot of my problems.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

Shock management: Shocks require good timing and yet there are 3 on a cooldown, they simply take up 3 slots on my bar when I mostly use flame shock.
Relocating totems is a huge frustration when most of my buffs are covered elsewhere. (New totem of wrath was a HUGE step up)

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

It's pretty staightforward. Errors can be made and it's not just lightning bolt over and over again. A+

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Shock combos would be cool. You could combine two of the 3 shocks and reduce the effects of the two. There could be an ability called "Shock" and you could customize what it would entail. Frostfire shock would reduce movement speed by 20% and do half as much damage as flame shock does or combine all 3 for an even lesser effect of each or a whole new effect. (Could also increase cooldown in exchange or integrate wind shear since that's an issue).

Would also love to see some totems turned into buffs or effects that are no longer totems and reduce to something like 3 totems per type to reduce the limitations that come with working with totems.

My unreasonable #1 on the wish list would be no more totems at all. I don't like them, but the other cool stuff about shaman outweighs my hatred for totems. Thrall never drops totems after all.

# What spells do you use the least?
Earthquake (Would use it if it were cheaper and not channeled but rather just a one-time hit)
Far Sight
Totem of Tranquil Mind (I just find healing + resist better)

Thanks for the chance to give feedback.
85 Dwarf Shaman
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVP, 99% of the time now!!!!!

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics for valor and some raids...

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] All of them..... Arenas (2s and 3s for now)

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Totem range and life. All buffs can only be dispelled by certain classes. Totems r killed by everyone that “LOOK” at them..... Shoulda make them resist a lil more than 1 attack. Including the possibility of renaming totems. And if we drop all 4 totems then we need to drop grounding and stoneclaw, the first buff disappears. Or make it eternal (like wrath totem for elementals – doesnt necessarily need to be the flametongue totem to get the buff).

What makes playing your class more fun?
I love dual-wielding and the damage output of enh (for PVE). I love the proc's of elemental shamans and healing came more because of a necessity of my group. Then I fell in love with healers... We almost have a spot in any raid (PVE or rbg’s).

What makes playing your class less fun?
In PVE I dont have much to complain. Almost depend on my skills only. I think most of the shamans abilities r cool, on the PVE content.

For PVP, I'm really worried. You have add the spirit walker grace skill but it’s only 15 sec’s every 2 mins. So, elemental shammies were viable for some players, then u added the glyph that allows elementals cast while walking (that is so cool). Enh is very, very good against casters. We have hex (cool spell) but the cd is too long for something that will have some dimishing return and we dont have any sort of stun (only when wolves r up and on their choice the time of stunning). Our only kitting skill is the freezing skill but the range is too far. Like, we cant stun, run a lil far and heal..... Our earthbind totem really works on elemental tree (most of the time).....

And for resto shammies the PVP issue seems to be worse. I’m not complaining about how our class should be OP and something but we r turrets and this issue really bothers me. We have to depend extremely on LoS. If we cast, we r a very good class of heals, but WE R TURRETS. Riptide + healing rain + healing totem are not enough to make us kite a lil and then cast something. Druids r full on HoT’s, pallies can cast while walking (word of glory – possibility of stacking, holy shock, and the one that if procs, dimishes the cast time of spells – making flash of light instant), so he can heal a lil while walking and he has defensive cd (bubble, stun). If they pop the guardian, they have another healer for some time (double the heals). Priests penance if cool too. It’s only a push button and when u do realize that he is casting that, almost 2 bolts are already gone. IF a melle chase us, we can’t do anything. We can’t even scape (with that amount of charges, stunning and etcs)

Spirit walker can be dispelled, we can be stunned, silenced and whatever. Even if we r on ghost wolf form (similar to druids).

So this makes me mad. We r always the first target. Easy to die and if they let us free cast, we heal a lot........

So we r turrets. PERIOD........ that is the biggest issue......

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Rotation is fine. I think we just need more proc’s instant or nature swiftness lasts more than 1 cast.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Maybe some of mine suggestions need a talent, not something that will be usual for the three specs, but the idea is this:

- Hex cd dimished.
- A glyph that can make, at least, healing wave cast while walking (like the elem one), nature swiftness allowing more than 1 cast or some stun/silence.
- Being imune to polly effects while in ghost wolf.
- Some better defensive cd’s for resto spec.
- Enh 2h viable (why not);
- Tanking spec (I would love tanking as a shammy – HAHA).

What spells do you use the least?

Spirit Walker Grace.... (only in some rare oppotunities) and elemental totems...... (only used to cause some mess, but not even effective or usefull against the lack of buffs). Earthquake.....

Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvP bc PvE is terrible for Elemental Shamans

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Used to focus highly on raiding during wotlk + bc

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• All .

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• There is no button that a shaman can use as a last resort to even out or possibly get the upperhand in a PvP scenario , as well as not having a Kill Shot type move for added burst. The last resort move doesnt necessarily have to be a bubble type move where its defensive , id be completely happy if shamans were given a button that makes them completely OP for a 5-10 second range .

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• LIGHTNING , personally I love lightning and fire as well plus the shaman was the first character I ever played so its kind of that "good to be home" feel whenever I play him.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• As I said before , shamans dont have a last resort CD which is basically the reason why we have an extremely hard time surving in pvp , our "big nuke" buttons are about as effective as cats are in water . Chain lightning should be the "all mighty nuke" or have a talent that completely empowers the Chain Lightning but making it only strike one target , something along those lines..

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• honestly it's not too bad . the shock shared cooldown seriously needs to go , shamans need a button kill shot type button to add to the rotation in pve

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• 1. A last resort cooldown , either a huge defensive cooldown or a cooldown that makes the shaman completely OP for 5-10 seconds .
    2. Seriously just make the elementals into controlled pets , give us an elemental pet from each fire water air earth with maybe a 3 minute duration and and each elemental have greatly different uses .
    3. Make the shaman more shaman , more abilities to make us feel like true masters of the elements maybe something that morphs us or syncs the shamans soul with a certain element or as put above , summon your elemental pet + then sync your soul with the elemental to be empowered by that element for a time or maybe even as a long duration buff that alters your spells or damage/utility .

• What spells do you use the least?
[/quote]
Earthquake . Get rid of it please blizzard ? or get it out of my talent tree at least .
100 Night Elf Druid
First of all, I don't play a shaman but my Husband does, so I'm not going to say much here.

I do agree with some of the Elemental players that they needs a better 31 pt talent.

Also, personally, I'd like to see a glyph or something that will change HEX to a larger frog or some other animal that would still make sense for Shaman. I can't tell you how many times the tank runs off and forgets that tiny frog jumping around or claims they couldn't find it fast enough.

Thank you, that is all ;)
85 Tauren Shaman
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
Both
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroic/Raids
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas/BGs/Rated BGs
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Recasting water shield very often is annoying. Totemic recall being on GCD
Being a master of elements hybrid, the symmetry of being surrounded by 4 totems, awesome looking spells like chain lightning, stormstrike, lava burst, thunderstorm, chain heal, earthquake. Being able as an enhancement shaman to dps Nefarian in air phase by using water shield and cast lava bursts and lightning bolts the whole phase without going oom while other melee just watch. Having a totem for almost everything.
Ghost wolf not give you imunity to slows, ensnares only being "less hindered". Elemental and resto melee attacks are joke but enhancement can do about 35%dps (my measurement) only using ranged attacks, that makes caster specs less fun (see wish list bellow).
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
They are ok.
Not in a particular order
01) Ghost wolf being imune to slows and ensnares not only "less hindered".
02) Earth elemental bug fixed, bc it spawns with low health and takes some instants to aquire full health.
03) Shaman tank (just give shamans base 50% bloc chance (instead of 5%) plus and additional increase in bloc chance by the same amount our dodge chance (like if having 15% dodge means having a 65% bloc chance). That would be enough to be an emergency tank and a flag carrier.
04) Artic wolf glyph makes you exactly like a spirit wolf (same size also).
05) Placing mechanism for totems that have a cd (spirit link, tremor, earth bind etc) but this need to be optional. I mean i can keybind spirit link totem to a key, if i hit that key totem will drop the place it would drop now but if i use ctrl+key i will have to place it in a 20yr range. That way i dont lose time when i dont need special positioning.
06) Thermal shock (glyph, talent or pvp set bonus) that makes lava burst crit in targets inflicted by frost shock.
07) Spirit eagle flight form resembling a ghostly bald eagle.
08) Dont remove totems ever, i love them.
09) Dont make elementals or spirit wolves permanent pets (but a pet bar wouldn't hurt).
10) Fix fire elemental and searing totem ai.
11) Remove gcd from totemic recall.
12) Increase damage of earth quake and make it slow targets by 30% while inside it.
13) Water shield start with 9 charges instead of 3 or at least 6.
14) Wind and water elementals for symmetry (wind elemental could buff raid members speed by 30% for 10s and disappear 10min CD, water elemental could cast riptide in all raid members and diappear 10min CD) but cant summon more than 2 at a time and doing so put the other 2 on a 3min cd.
15) Earth elemental rock stun people like rock golem in wc3.
16) Increase melee damage (auto-attack and primal strike) of caster shamans in such a way elemental can do 35% of its maximal dps just by auto-attack, primal strike and instant cast spells. This will have very little impact in pve but will be fun in pvp. I said 35% because is an roughly estimative of what i can do as enhancement by only casting shocks, lightining bolts and lava burst.
17) Unleash frost to interrupt hunters when they are casting (but not casters which can be interrupted by wind shear).
18) Earth grasp and thunderstorm fully benefit from spell penetration and hit rating.
19) Stone claw shields need to scale.
Lava burst, healing wave as enhancement, primal strike as resto or elemental, far sight (but it is cool i can sometimes watch duels in durotar while i am in orgrimmar waiting for some pug in trade channel). Seasoned wind talent is not good.
Edited by Aghazor on 9/14/2011 11:31 PM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman

Both

Heroics, 10 man raids (resto)

Arena, BGs (resto)

Maintaining water shield and our totems both feel cumbersome at points when GCDs count.

I enjoy the multifaceted nature of the class, being able to fulfill any healing or dps role while bringing flexible utility. The totem bar.

Feeling like resto shamans have to try harder than other healing classes in 10 mans just to maintain remotely comparable results and often fall short regardless of effort.

Having to rely on telluric currents for mana is not fun.

I find that the range / placement requirements of our aoe heals and our totems including SLT require stacking, when everyone is stacked up its great however since i cant control where other players choose to stand and encounter design often requires staying apart often to the point of penalizing players for stacking i feel like often my performance can be penalized for things i have no control over and that my toolbox is very limited and often mana inefficient.

In addition I often feel like maintaining my totems and making use of my mana tide and spirit link totems penalize me in 2 ways. 1. by costing me an additional resource GCDs. Once totems are initially dropped I not only have to use the GCD to drop the MTT or SLT but yet another to replace the totem I had up prior. 2. By forcing myself and my raid to lose a buff in order to gain the benefit of my SLT or MTT. No other classes mana regeneration or raid/ tank CDs use more than 1 GCD and they don't lose a different buff or have to recast a buff after using aforementioned CD's I don't think I would mind so much if totems felt more unique and that they gave a powerfull buff like they once did but the homogenization of buffs makes it seem that they are average buffs with increased cost.

I feel like a resto shamans rotation feels very situational due to placement and range requirements for our aoe heals, that we often rely on various complimentary abilities and procs to aid our healing from our limited toolbox.

note: healing surge a virtually useless ability

1. Increased charges for water shield or remove it from the GCD
2. Aoe heal(s) without placement requirements / lessened range requirements
3. Raid wide healing stream totem (possible compromise - make it limited to X number of lowest health targets)
4. Spirit link totem range increased
5. A throughput CD or alternately a tank CD without range/ placement requirements
6. A defensive CD of some sort.

Healing surge, Unleash elements (Unleash Life)
Edited by Brodee on 9/14/2011 4:26 PM PDT
90 Draenei Warrior
Both

Heroics

All of the above.

Elemental: Elemental Overload (Mastery) and Unleashed Lightning, both of these are great fun and really make Elemental fun again, I stopped playing as Elemental since it was so very... weak at the beginning of Cataclysm.

Enhancement: Maelstrom Weapon, even ignoring the high DPS difference I was noticing between my similar item level shamans, one Enhancement and the other Elemental, Enhancement is just so much more fun, it is the most fun spec I have played in WoW, and the only one of 30 spec's I haven't played is a restoration druid. I don't what makes it so much fun, its easy to play, but still takes some focus and practice to get the most out of it, it doesn't punish you for taking time off (like Fury for example) and it just gets more and more rewarding the more gear and time you have. Toughness (talent).

Restoration: Earth Shielding myself or my target and having strong throughput as a healer.

Elemental: *Disclosure* I haven't played Elemental since the 12% increased spell power bonus. Very punishing rotation if you are off by 1 cast with Fulmination, it throws off your rotation. If you are stuck in a movement situation and you miss a Lava Surge proc, if you miss target on an AoE pull and refresh a Flame Shock instead of applying to a new target, it can drop your DPS by a lot. **PvP** I have no defensive cooldown unless I glyph my Elemental Mastery and no longer us it as a burst damage cooldown. As Enhancement I have Shamanistic Rage to help reduce damage, and Feral Spirit also heals, quite a bit (although this is more of a 'burn phase' cool down, when you are under heavy fire in Arena the spirit wolves are great for defense as well) Elemental has... I guess we get a glyphed Stoneclaw Totem for a 16k shield, but again, Enhancement has that same ability. No Toughness.

Enhancement: Very hard to find weapons. No 365 crafted weapons for Enhance. Definitely looking forward to Brewfest.

Restoration: My inability to remove diseases and poisons. Being forced to choose between mana (Water Shield/Mana Stream Totem) or healing (Earth Shield/Healing Stream Totem) Death Knights. No Toughness (talent).

Elemental: Great rotation if you can master it, and get lucky with Lava Surge procs.

Enhancement: I love it. Unleash Elements is perfectly timed for Flame Shock refreshes. Lava Lash cool down matches Searing Totem's ability to get 5 stacks on my target... I feel this is one of the most thought out rotations in game.

Restoration: I feel it is a very good mix between huge damage reduction and efficiency. Riptide and Unleash Elements are on a nice cool down so they don't feel like I'm constantly cringing till they are off CD and they aren't always available making them feel over powered and the only spells I use. I have the choice of Riptide and Healing Wave for efficiency or Healing Surges for throughput.

Elemental: A defensive cool down, Elemental Totem's in Arena.

Enhancement: New weapons, Elemental Totem's in Arena.

Restoration: Elemental Totem's in Arena.

Elemental: Unleash Elements - It's just too hard to fit in my rotation.

Enhancement: I think I use them all... again, great planning on Enhancement. Spirit Walkers Grace?

Restoration: Again, I can't think of spells I don't use as Restoration. I use Flame Shock over Frost or Earth Shock...
90 Dwarf Shaman

PVE

Raids

Surprisingly not totems, which i feel are an interesting mechanic and flavor and ill gladly trade convenience for the versatility they provide. if anything, Id say the AI of the elementals, though seeing it chasing Alysrazor while shes in the air or staring longingly at beth'tilac has yet to get old.

I enjoy the rotation and the nigh unmatched mobility we have. I actually like that we have to choose which shock to use due to the shared cooldown.

The fact that Earthquake, the pinnacle of the talent tree has little to no use due tothe recently changed (read: vastly improved) aoe style and even in the situations it would be used, its so underwhelming that one would almost always be better off without it

I feel it works well

A common complaint is the shared shock cooldown, too often forcing us to sit on charges so maybe alter Fulmination so that upon reaching 9 stacks the shock will not trigger a cooldown

Another thing that's been beaten to death is that the current two piece is so strong that the next tier is going to need to be rather impressive to warrant replacing a 4-5k dps increase. Changing the end talent of elemental to something similar to the bonus would allow us to safely upgrade our gear and would solve the common complaints.

And maybe buffing Unleash Elements so that it's worth using in the rotation to make it more interesting :3

Totem of Tranquil Mind (though I imagine it seeing more use in PVP), Elemental Resistance Totem (replaced entirely by healing stream, which Im okay with), and Water breathing come to mind
85 Draenei Shaman
PvE

Raids (Healing 10-man non-heroic guild runs)

None. I like my life!

Having great deal of utility, plus heals (like Chain Heal and Riptide) that don't share basic functionality with other healers.

When healing, the fact that all of my AoE spells (Chain Heal, Healing Rain, even Spirit Link Totem) are limited by range. I like having limitations to spells, as they can make spell selection more fun; but having all AoE spells share the same limitation is a bit frustrating.
When DPSing, the setup time (via Flame Shock) for AoE situations.

No complaints! I especially enjoy the Tidal Waves interaction with Greater Healing Wave; it provides a reason not to simply spam the same heal repeatedly.

Some form of (perhaps limited) ranged AoE healing or cooldown, such as letting Nature’s Swiftness or Spiritwalker’s Grace boost the jump range of Chain Heal.

Healing Surge
100 Tauren Shaman
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Mostly what I have focused on is non-heroic raiding. 2 times a week in a pretty casual way. I use heroics to cap my remainder of available VPs. I also enjoy going for achievments.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
One huge thing that has already been handled was totems. Having a spell to put all 4 down at once has been wonderful. Something that would be nice would be a way to refresh the CD on the totems without laying new ones down. On some of the longer fights it would be nice to have a low mana cost 5 min CD to refresh the totems to save on some mana.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
I am currently Elem/Resto(T11 was dps... T12 was heals)
Being able to move while casting LB has been amazing. Elem had movement issues for a long time and this was a great fix. I have to admit I now really enjoying being able to run and jump around while casting.
Having the Totem of Wrath buff from any fire totem has been great! I don't have to longingly look at my Searing/Fire Elemental totems anymore!
Fullmination has been great! It was an awesome way to give elem shamans a shield to use while its also another fun CD to watch.
The changes made to Resto were nice. Adding Tel Currents has really changed the way I play. I sometimes feel like an Arcane mage with my mana. Burning through a bunch of mana during heavy AoE/tanking and then filling with LB after. Not sure if this is good or bad for healing in a raid because of the stress it puts on the other healers but it has made it more interesting for myself anyways. (apparently I'm selfish :P)
The new Spirit Link totem has been a really fun change too. It would be nice if the area of effect could be larger but the smaller size does make it more interesting.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
When I have to heal... lol!

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Elem:
Love it! Fire totem, use Elem Master on CD, flame shock DoT, lava burst when its up, Fullmination, fill with LB. Simple but still enough to keep track of its fun!
Resto:
Like I said above having a burn/regen phase has been an interesting change. The T12 4pc bonus is really nice and makes me think about where to put the riptide a little more then whoever just needs a small heal/HoT. I dont do high end raiding so I dont really think of healing as having a set rotation. For me its more of an art then a series of buttons to mash.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
-Ghost Wolf either be learned around 60 or be a minor glyph.
Having to decide whether or not to spec into this is im sure part of your design. That said, if the spell isnt instant, people are likely to only use it from 17-20 or indoors where mounts are not allowed since GW is slower then a mount and its cast time is longer then a mount.

-Earthquake not be a final talent
It seems a little odd to have the Elem talent tree end in an AoE spell. Most classes that have an AoE just learn it automatically.

■What spells do you use the least?
Elem:
Unleash elements is almost never used. When it was introduced it seemed like it was part of the mobility solution for elem shaman but when the new LB glyph arrived it made the spell not worth using. I like the idea of the spell but maybe have it do something else? Maybe if you use unleash elem and then flame shock, the DoT would last longer? Maybe you could put it on a longer CD and have a small fire elemental/wisp spawn that goes to your target? Maybe after you use it you could get a random free epic in your bag? :P

Resto:
Same story here... Unleash elem, although I think it does still help with mobility and is a nice filler during any downtime. Not saying I dont like it but it is a spell i hardly use it. Maybe make it so instead of a generic bigger heal your riptide lasts longer or is not consumed by a chain heal?
Healing Wave is hardly used. With the health pools as large as they are now I usually just throw a Greater Healing Wave and then a LB instead. The glyph of Healing Wave makes it more attractive in PvP but I dont PvP.

Overall I really like playing my shaman! Thanks for having this forum and I'm looking forward to what comes of it!

Cheers!

85 Draenei Shaman

Mostly PVE, but I do PVP quite a bit as well

My main focus is raiding, but I do a lot of heroics too.

Mostly BGs, with a little rated/arenas as well. I PVP more for fun, not seriously.

Totems. I do like totems, but I feel like the Devs like to chain us to them and insist that everything we get has to be a totem. Dropping totems can be a huge hassle and cost a lot of mana on boss fights in those huge rooms that require a ton of movement. For ele, if you are not close enough to the boss, you have to run closer to drop a fire totem that may or may not attack the boss. For resto, Spirit Link Totem is nice in theory, but its 8 yard range severely limits the usefulness. You can't really run up to a tank and drop it when the boss cleaves.

My class is already fun to play :P I play resto mostly, so I love PVE raid encounters where the raid is stacked up so I can HR+CH and throw the occasional hasted GHW around too.

Lack of mobility in resto and dependence on raid positioning. Resto doesn't have a lot of options on heavy movement fights. Ele is much better now with the glyph so you can LB while moving, but resto is still stuck with Spiritwalkers which really isn't that great. I want to be able to cast more than 1 spell while moving (Riptide is it, and it's on a 6 sec CD).
If all bosses required the raid to stack, I would be the happiest resto shaman ever. Unfortunately it seems the norm these days to have the raid spread across the room the majority of the time with a few bosses having VERY short stack periods. I know meters aren't everything (especially for healers), but it very much sucks that resto shamans are only good on meters when the raid is stacked. No other healing class has this severe limitation based on the raid's position. It's frustrating and unfun and demoralizing. :(

Resto doesn't have a "rotation" but I feel like we have a good mix of healing spells that I use all of on occasion. Ele rotation seems fine. It's less mindless than before, but still easy enough that a moronic resto like me can do it.

1) Either a rework of CH/HR to give them less of a strict positional requirement or the addition of another AOE healing spell without the "raid must be stacked for this spell to be good!" aspect.
2) A better raid saving/tank saving CD. Spirit Link is nice, but again we seem to be forced into this niche of only being good when the raid is stacked. I don't understand why. I'd love shamans to get something that DOESNT require us to be stacked and is useful when the raid is spread (like Tranq), or castable on a tank in a dire situation (like sac, guardian spirit, pain sup, etc).
3) Better mobility in resto. I'd like to be able to cast something besides riptide while moving. Spiritwalker's Grace is nice and all, but the long CD makes it less useful in a raiding environment where bosses often require you to run short distances all the time, instead of a long distance every 2 minutes.
4) A buff or rework of AA to make it better when we're forced into single target healing because the raid is spread so far apart. Something like... changing AA so that it will proc on every single target heal instead of just on crits. Make it heal for 15% instead of 30%, but anything to make it more reliable. Right now, pallies are still kings of tank healing because every single target heal they cast is guaranteed to hit 3 people (target of heal, target of beacon, and self heal with POTI).
5) A selfish buff to Mana Tide Totem. I'd rather take away the group regen aspect of it completely and buff it back up so it's useful again.

Probably Healing Wave, Healing Surge, Spiritwalker's Grace (in PVE).
80 Orc Shaman
major PvP

All of the above

I would say constantly dropping the totems

I love how fast i hit when windfury goes off and being able to sustain myself for awhile.

The fact that we really don't have that much of a burst, a stun, the fact that feral spirit doesn't hurt anyone anymore like it used to.

Well i don't really PvE but i'd say the rotation itself is fine for enhancement.

Give shamans their own class mount. something as simple as a wolf with totems on it.
Feral Spirit damage increase!*****
Bring back the 2h shammy. like a talent point that the frost Dk has. it would honestly be so amazing to have the extra option again.
longer lasting searing totem
searing totem and feral spirit being affected by haste
i like to make use of all my spells but out of all of them i'd have to say fire nova. it's weak and pretty costly with mana and hard to maintain.
Edited by Ramath on 9/14/2011 1:14 PM PDT
90 Troll Shaman
Pve

Heroics/Raids

Refreshing water shield
Poor AoE heals (Chain heal isn't bad, but its range is what kills it in my opinion)
A new model for ghost wolf wouldn't be bad...

Ghost Wolf
Self applied weapon enchants

Other buffs making some totems useless. (Trueshot aura covering flametongue, etc.)

What I use for raid healing I feel is decent, no complaints. However, I'm not too fond of elemental... the proc that resets Lava Bursts cooldown always throws me off.

Having Telluric Currents affected by shocks (Restoration spec), keeping a flame shock up for added mana regeneration might make healing a little more interesting.
Having Unleash Elements apply earthliving (With earthliving weapon applied) to make it a more viable heal.
Ghost Wolf remodel.

Hex, Its not reliable so I perfer not to use it

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
  • A good bit of both.
  • If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
  • 5mans, older raids, soloing, questing, and achievements.
  • If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
  • Battlegrounds.
  • What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
  • The duration of totems can get on my nerves. I also do not enjoy replacing them if I have used another (example: start with Stoneskin, become feared, drop Tremor, completely forget to redrop Stoneskin, or having to recast one of the Calls simply because I do not have the specific totem on my bars).
  • What makes playing your class more fun?
  • I've played a Shaman ever since I joined, and I have loved every second of it. I have at least one of every other class, and none of them compare to my Shaman. I'm not sure what it is about him. To me Shaman are simple and just fun to play. Not every game lets your stick sticks in the ground, and say that they're magical.
  • What makes playing your class less fun?
  • Duration of totems, Searing and Fire Elemental Totems not working properly, lack of survivability, and Earthquake...at least give us the crumbly pancake animation back!!
  • How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
  • I am quite pleased with the Elemental rotation. Mastery is a blast, and fills you with joy watching those extra Bolts and Bursts fly off. I hate the shared CD's on my Shocks though. I understand why they are there, but it can be frustrating to time everything just right.
  • What’s on your wish list for your class?
  • I would very much like something to be done with the totems. Perhaps a "stacking" feature? Say I drop Stoneskin, become feared, drop Tremor on to Stoneskin, as a result Stoneskin becomes inactive or the effect is decreased by a percentage, and once Tremor goes away Stoneskin continues as it was. Oh, I also would like to see a change in Wind Shear...I'm just not sure what. It feels useless to me in that I'll use it, and it works, but the enemy will start casting while Wind Shear is still on CD which is no fun for me especially when I am trying to solo something (curse you Searris...). That being said I would very much like something to be done about Elemental survivability (I say Elemental because I am Elemental. I do not know what it is like for the other specs). If I could I would solo everything in the game just because I greatly enjoy soloing things. It is very disheartening when I am not able to heal myself or have some type of defensive CD to use when I am dying. For example: I love achievements, I love soloing, I love the Molten Front, however I do not in any way shape or form enjoy The Fiery Lords of Serthria's Roost achievement. I find the NPC's impossible to solo, and it becomes very frustrating seeing posts about other classes easily soloing them.
  • What spells do you use the least?
  • As Elemental I don't even bother with Unleash Elements. Then there's Earthquake...I used it once and then promptly removed it from my action bars. I also don't some totems because other classes are providing stronger versions of them, Paladins *cough cough.* Oh, and Far Sight, because Sentry Totem was so much better.
Edited by Turga on 9/14/2011 1:25 PM PDT
85 Draenei Shaman
>> What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

>> If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids (25-man)

>> If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas and Rated BGs

>> What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Enhancement: Requirement to use slow agility weapons, which are rare. FL raids drop a lot of daggers, but almost never an agility axe or mace.

Resto: For PvP, we need to reach the level-85 Hit cap for Hex to work 100%, but that’s a lot of secondary stats for just one spell (albeit a very important one on a 35-second cooldown). It’s awkward and expensive for me to have to keep on reforging between spirit and hit, depending on how vital my Hex and Purge are for my Arena/RBG team.

>>What makes playing your class more fun?

Elemental: Mobility makes elemental fun in both PvE and PvP. The Fulmination mechanic is also fun to use. Earthbind AOE rooting. The Thunderstorm AOE knockback is the reason I love Elemental. Earthquake, a unique cast-and-forget 10-second AOE physical damage spell, is good for defending flag nodes in RBGs.

Enhancement: The Searing Flames and Maelstrom Weapon mechanics. I enjoy seeing Searing Totem shoot at my target and build stacks that I can release. Ghost Wolf and Spirit Walk sprint are very fun. Frost Shock rooting is delightful, and so are the occasional instant heal. I like the PvP mobility (and team utility) provided by the earthbind totem snare-dispel. The ability to spam Purge without worrying too much about mana also makes the spec unique. Unleash Elements is neat for this spec.

Resto: Healing Rain, Chain Heal, and Spirit Link Totem are fun because they force me to pay attention to the actual game world, and not just stare at raid frames. In PvP, Greater Healing Wave is a very satisfying high-risk-high-reward long cast-time heal. The defensive utility from Earthbind Totem, Grounding Totem, Wind Shear, and Purge also makes Resto fun to play in PvP.

All: Useful totems. Neat visual spell effects. Low cooldown on Wind Shear. Ghost Wolf mobility.

>>What makes playing your class less fun?

Elemental: In PvP, I need to get all of Flame/Earth/Frost Shock on a melee attacker pursuing me, but I can only cast one of the shocks every 6 seconds, making it a constant lose-lose situation whichever Shock I choose. Off-healing via Healing Surge is too mana intensive.

Enhancement: In PvE, I have a bit too much down time, but in PvP, I am severely limited by global cooldowns, since I need to constantly drop totems and often Purge.

Resto: With the Tidal Waves buff (which is up for the majority of the time), there isn’t much difference between casting Greater Healing Wave or Healing Surge. GHW provides a bit more consistent healing, while HS is arguably more mana efficient due to the higher crit chance; but it’s not fun having two essentially identical spells with arguable differences/

All: I have to spend a lot of global cooldowns dropping totems. While we no longer need to “totem twist”, having to repeatedly drop totems in PvP (especially for Enhancement) gets old quickly.

>> How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Elemental: Fine, except for AOE.

Enhancement: Fine, except for AOE.

Resto: Fine.

>>What’s on your wish list for your class?

Elemental:
-Fulmination can be used on friendly units to instantly heal them, for a similar amount as it would have done damage to an enemy. This gives PvPers one more reason to think twice about tunneling an Elemental Shaman, which happens a lot because we don’t have a big defensive cooldown.
-Boost damage or/and knockdown chance (e.g. 30% instead of just 10%) for Earthquake.

Resto:
-Greater distinction between Tidal Waves buffed Greater Healing Wave and Healing Surge. Could make Tidal Waves simply reduce the cast time of all heals (no crit chance increase for Healing Surge),

All:
-Separate 6-second cooldowns for Flame Shock, Earth Shock, and Frost Shock.
-Stoneclaw Totem acting like Mirror Images, automatically forcing the attacking player to target the totem instead of me, which may result in a Stoneclaw stun if the enemy player isn’t paying attention.

>>What spells do you use the least?

Elemental: Earthquake, Unleash Elements.

Enhancement: Lava Burst.

Resto: Healing Surge.
Edited by Razoria on 9/14/2011 1:32 PM PDT
85 Dwarf Shaman

Both

If PvP, what type of pvp? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arenas

Being required to have five stacks of searing flames on the target to do any sort of damage

-Wolves become permanent pets (similar to how the Mage's water elemental became a permanent pet).
-More of a variety of melee moves other than stormstrike/lava lash.
-More survivability, or more defensive cooldowns other than Shamanistic Rage.

Rockbiter Weapon
Edited by Gilco on 9/14/2011 1:23 PM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman

Both

Both

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BGs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Water Shield, has to be reapplied, far too often...increasing the stacks would make it far better to recast it on urself, like, when u have a moment of free time...blow a gcd on water shield, than having to pop water shield, every 5 seconds, because it just dropped off of u, and u have to reapply, or ur mana suffers (like we dont already have enough mana probs)

Totems, I love totems, love them...but...their range seems so limited for one, and 2...having to recast them, after everything that i do...is so annoying, maybe make, spirit link, grounding, mana tide, tremor, etc...all not take up the "main" totems...so we dont have to recast, that would be FAR better

God, i love my shaman soooo much...the spells, Riptide..because i love casting it on my wife to "make her wet" lol...no but really...I just love the spells so much, HR, CH, etc...and i especially love when u guys did the "water effect" on our heals casting, that was so freakin cool...i just love the water aspect of the class, and the heals, i just wish they weren't so based on stacking

The heals, though can be quite powerful...they just arent as effective...the only heal 2 heals i find to be actually reliable to do what i want, is Riptide, and Greater Healing Wave...the rest, can go bad....like HR if someone moves out, i mean, u already gotta have 6 ppl in there, and CH...just doesnt jump far enough, and the heals after heal for so little, if u do get all 4 ppl, at least actually heal all 4 for close to the same amount

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I don't really have a Rotation...i mean, cast this when it needs or whatever...i guess i love the Riptide makes GHW and HW less cast time, as well as CH...that makes for a fun rotation, mixing riptide/ch with hw's

1~ Better AoE Healing
2~ Having to recast totems taken away
3~ Telluric Currents (however u spell it) taken out, and give us a better mana efficient talent, or help our mana efficiency some other way
4~ Water Shield increase charges
5~ I think making HR effect everyone within a 40yd range of the Shaman...would be all we would need for our AoE heals....make the graphic have a small rain effect underneath everyone or something...but thats just a thought i had

Healing Surge, Spiritwalker's Grace, Spirit Link Totem, Fire and Earth Elemental Totem, and SADLY i dont use Cleansing Waters anymore since that nerf, was one of my fav spells =(
Edited by Nîghtfall on 9/14/2011 1:19 PM PDT
ele/resto spec shaman. More concerned about ele issues atm though.

PvP....very small amount of PvE... mostly to just help out guildies

Usually heroics but some old wotlk or BC dungons too.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
I do it all. Mostly arenas and RBGs though.

Non-working totems like searing and fire elemental. They seem to just go pwn whatever they want. Ifim going to have a spell, i would like to control the way its going to be used.

Mastery procs and the utility of being a shaman and being able to provide almost every buff in the game.

Small totem range that has never really been altered since classic WoW. Also the lack of a "hard" survivability cooldown (like a 30% damage reduction) and the crazy mana issues elemental has in Arena at the moment.

Rotation is fine. Priority system of LvB>all in PvP seems to work just fine <lol>

Whats on my wishlist is a hard cooldown instead of a crappy 16k shield thats usable all too infrequently. also, having the fire elemental as a pet would be great. possibly a new 31pt telnt for elemental? Earthquake just sucks. If you look at any good elemental shaman, im sure that he wont have Earthquake unless he is in a for teh lolz spec.

Earthquake. low damage, high cast time, high mana cost all make it one of the worst spells EVER to be added to the shaman class, let alone the game.
41 Human Warlock
> I stick with PvE pretty much.

>Dungeons at the moment, some raids but not alot.

>Not being able to control the totems is deffinately the worst part of playing a shaman, it wastes your much needed Fire Elemental Totem or Searing on a completely different target than what you are killing.

>First off I'm main spec Elemental, and the funnest part of that would have to be either being able to use one of the most effective AoEs, earthquake being the only AoE that can interrupt, and fire nova, which is a million times better since the latest redesign of the spell.

>DoTs... I know searing totem is a close 2nd DoT next to flame shock, but again you can't control it. Seeing a DoT like Ignite for fire mages would be cool, or maybe a glyph/talent that makes your lava burst crits (all the time) place a decent DoT on the target, making burst damages a little more burstier.

> Our rotation (Elemental) is pretty straight forward, you only have to keep track of some CDs and just watch for Fulmination and Lava Surge procs.

> Instead of Fulmination making earth shock just do more damage when it hits 9 stacks, make it transform the spell all together Spitballing an idea---> When your Lightning Sheild reaches 9 total stacks your earth shock is transformed into Earth Spike.

Earth Spike causes (the same amount of damage as a full blown 9 stacks lightning sheild earth shock), and stuns the target for 4sec, if the target is immune to stun mechanics the target takes 10k extra damage (like free lighning bolt agaisnt bosses)

> Earthquake/Frost Shock/Magma Totem(way to non-mana effcient)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]