(Locked)

85 Dwarf Shaman
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both, but mainly PvE.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raiding

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
All (But not frequently)

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Constantly refreshing Water Shield. Maybe make a glyph for it such as the Lightning Shield.
Make Weapon Enchants unlimited duration.

What makes playing your class more fun?
Being able to hybrid heal.
Spirit Link is ridiculously cool.
Many different cool downs to use such as MTT, UE, Focused Insight if you spec into that.
Our Mastery allows for huge heals.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Having to refresh water shield every 5 seconds in raids is very annoying.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Our rotation is good. I normally use UE off of cooldown to get good healing boosts especially if a tank is dropping quite a bit. I try to stay away from Healing Surge if I can because it is not very mana efficient. Greater Healing Wave and Healing Wave are definitely my two main heals I use along with Riptide off of CD. On World of Logs, Riptide makes up at minimum 25% of my healing done normally.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Water Shield glyph to match the Lightning Shield glyph.
Better animations for totems.

What spells do you use the least?
Healing Surge (only used if I need extremely fast heals very fast).
100 Tauren Shaman
From an Enhancement pespective.
Both
Heroics & Raids
BG's, to a lesser extent RBG's and Arena
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
-Lava lash damage being linked to searing flames stacks.
-Use of Stoneclaw totem and it's associated glyph to provide a modest shield and the subsequent redrop of an earth totem seems real clunky, and lack of shield scaling with gear or character health pool increases (mechanic needs to be entirely reworked).
The fact that we are the only true hybrid dps class using both melee and spell abilities in our dps rotation.
Hard casting spells, anything that takes away from instantaneous nature of our damage doesn't feel like how the enhancement spec should be played. Using a caster MH, hard casting Lavaburst, Lightning bolts has never felt right to me.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
The rotation feels much better now than it did for the bulk of wrath on single targets. Although part of me will always miss the GCD capped nature of what enh shamans were back then, leaving lavalash so often out of our rotation in favor of an earthshock didn't feel right. Placing our melee abilities stormstrike and lavalash ahead of instant LB's, shocks and UE makes more sense.
-Lack of a competitive AoE ability outside of multiple Mobs with large healthpools. Flameshock dotting of mobs and firenova on CD while dropping magma totem or Fire Elemental feels more like a caster rotation than a melee rotation and requires far too long of a ramp up time. A cleave type ability in melee range (beyond chain lightning) would be more in the spirit of the enh spec and could be unique to it.
-Another def cooldown via talents in the fourth tier or beyond in each tree, or at least in the enh or ele tree to help combat focus by two or more dps similar to a 8 sec bubble or iceblock on a 2 min or longer cd.
-Lack of a stun.
-Our main CC Hex being on too long of a cd.
-Fire Elemental (basically used in an AoE situation often on trash)
-Spiritwalkers Grace (highly situational mainly used in pvp, often not used in situations where it may provide a dps increase in PvE)
-Chain Heal and Healing Wave (mainly due to single target heals being used on MW5 procs and GHW being used, Healing rain is generally the go to heal on CD for group heals also used in conjunction with MW5 procs).
-Rockbiter imbue (situations never really come up where it makes any sense to apply)
85 Orc Shaman
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
Ghost wolf and enhancement shamans spells look cool and i got do a good amount of dps

■What makes playing your class less fun?
I practice my dps alot but on the dummy my fire totem is bugged so its not as accurate

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Good

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
another aoe for enhancement some new and cool totems

■What spells do you use the least?
Fire nova frost shock

PvE
25 man raids, soon to do heroic raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. It is annoying that I have to use up minor glyphs for reagents. Those are boring, just take away the reagents and give us some fun glyphs. Also it is a pain to buff everyone with water walking while deathknights can just click one button and aura it.

Having interesting survival mechanics (such as maelstrom healing, shamanistic rage, and stoneclaw totem) while being able to play an active role in the damage and mechanics of fight. Being able to set a variety of utility totems (stoneclaw,earthbind,grounding) is fun and interesting. I enjoy having an interesting balance of melee and magical damage, specifically the class specific lighting damage. You have done a great job at creating the functional hybrid class.
It is difficult to switch targets mid fight and keep up my damage, as I require a 1 rotation set up time to pump out optimal numbers. Having to constantly reapply buff totems makes shaman buffs inherently less powerful than other class's "equal buffs" (example hunting party is more powerful than windfury totem because it is up 100% of the time rather than 95-99% of the time). Aoeing is not fun, it requires rapidly switching targets and is useless in very short trash encounters.
My rotation as an enhancement shaman is fun and interesting. I miss the once legendary stormstrike, but enjoy hitting hard with lava lash. Unleash elements is a fun spell, with its 40yard range and temporary buff. Maelstrom weapon keeps me on my toes and adds variation and finesse to the rotation. While I am not GCD capped, the 1-2 seconds I gain help me assess my surroundings in raid encounters.
Totem raid buffs should be removed. Totems should be more utility based, like many of the earth totems are. Totems do not necessarily have to be the party buffs that each other class either auras or 1hour buffs. A more diverse mixture of temporary/situational party and personal buffs would be interesting. Some fun ideas are a water totem that heals you on a cooldown, an air totem that is a party-wide sprint( or personal hand of freedom), a fire totem that places an aoe dot( think of the old fire nova, only it dots instead of burst), a water totem that temporarily make me immune to interrupt, or a wind totem that breaks a stun or stuns an enemy. Amped up versions of chain lighting and chain heal would be awesome, as they are the iconic shaman spells.
As enhance I almost never use my fire elemental, as that would cut my lava last damage (which could be fixed my revering back to the stormstrike/lava lash mechanics used in wrath). The earth elemental is used only when soloing, or if a tank instantly dies. My buff totems are obsolete, and in 25 man raids it is more efficient for healers to not to place redundant buffs down. As enhance I never use chain heal or healing wave, a free greater healing wave is preferred. I never use rockbiter weapon, even in fights like beth'tilac, where taunting extra spiders down is useful, it is to much of a hassle to switch weapons and/or buffs( not to mention the loss of unleash elements dps) in the heat of the battle(I would use a 30s-1min CD taunt much more often).
85 Orc Shaman
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVP

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] ALl of the above

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
What makes playing your class more fun? running around, shooting lightning, summong wolves, using the elements and big crits

What makes playing your class less fun? my mana consumption at times

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) dont have one really

What’s on your wish list for your class? bringing more survivability to my class and somethin that breaks stuns or makes it where im unsilenced. and when im silenced it doesnt shut down everything, i cant even ghost wolf if silenced

What spells do you use the least? earthquake, and rockbiter weapon two very useless skills
85 Tauren Shaman
ok ok ok ok i heal and thats what i do i have all healer classes <3 shammys honestly i cant pull as much HPs as other classes but then again i never go oom but anyways just increase heals for spell like healing rain its hard to get that in for the mana pull or thats just me
85 Troll Shaman
- PvE, PvP in future after get Loremaster :)

- Normal/Heroic dungeons (Valor Points for this toon and Justice Points to buy heirlooms for alts) and 10-men raids. 25-men raids occasionally (Baradin Hold at most). Dailies and remaining quests for Loremaster (in Northrend).

- Not yet, maybe in future.

- I began to play WoW only in Cataclysm and seeing history Shamans had spells/totems to dispell poisons and diseases. I really miss something like that while playing as restoration.

- Cast spells while walking and sometimes make more damage than an Arcane Mage. Lava Burst crits in Elemental and Greater Healing Wave crits in Restoration are nice.
- Hex. 0xDEADBEEF.
- Making friends mad when casting an unglyphed Thunderstorm.

- As restoration: cast time and mana pool. Why priests and druids can have 120k mana and shamans with same item level barely have 100k?
- As elemental: Fire Elemental is attacking wrong targets or is not attacking. AoE is so mana-expensive (Earthquake and Fire Nova).
- Tremor totem could last a bit longer and/or have its cooldown reduced.

Not problems at all.

- For Restoration, a glyph for Water Shield and other for Healing Wave. Allow Healing Wave be cast while moving and it is too annoying have to recast Water Shield during battle.
- An "aesthetical" minor glyph to turn Searing Totem (Fire damage) to a Lightning Totem (Nature damage) like that one Halazzi in Zul'Aman casts. I like electricity!
- Controllable Elementals and Searing totem ("controllable" means "allow ME select their target(s)").
- Larger mana pool for restoration shamans.
- Why in Elemental Tree there is only two habilities (Elemental Mastery and Earthquake)? Mostly DPS classes have 4 or more habilities.
- Why we have too many earth totems and few air totems? Elemental and Enhancement could have exclusive totems, like Spirit Link and Mana Tide in restoration spec.
- A Water Elemental and an Air Elemental, maybe with shared cooldowns.
- A permanent Elemental pet or reduce cooldowns of Fire/Earth Elemental to 3 minutes or so.
- Thunderstorm regenerate more mana.
- A spell to "teleport" casted totems to a new place, making them more dynamic.
- Allow shamans to use one-handed swords.

Rockbitter Weapon, Frostbrand Weapon, Primal Strike, Grounding Totem (for PvE), Totem of Tranquil Mind. Frost Shock and Spiritwalker's Grace occasionally. And Windfury Weapon because I love play as elemental.
90 Draenei Shaman
Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• What spells do you use the least?

I focus on PVE only - I tried pvp, but with no gear it is a very painfull learning curve and gear aquiring gear.

I do raiding, as a heals/dps, I refuse to do heroics with LFD, too many chances for fail runs. Just too hard to get a good group. I am 3/7 FL, I dps or heals needed.

Quality of life?? - I guess that would be lower cast times. aquiring gear just a litlle bit faster.

More fun - I can not say, I play a warrior as amain but he gets no love in raids so i heal/dps as a caster, just to raid. More fun would - more hack and slash.

Less fun - making more changes on the shaman rollercoaster. You guys need to figure it out and leave it alone so we can get down and play.

The dps rotation sucks, it is slow, takes forever to build up and everytime you swtich targets it starts all over again. Flame shock GCD next 2sec spell GCD another 2 sec spell. It just takes forever to get rolling and the total damage is too dependant on RNG of procs

Wish list, fix earthquake, takes to long to cast, does crappy AOE dps, and is almost useless, considering the ammount of mana it takes

Frost shock used the least.
Edited by Parius on 9/14/2011 2:34 PM PDT
85 Troll Shaman
I mostly PVE with a little PVP on the side to spice things up.

Ive grown bored of the ZA/ZG heroics, so I focus on raiding.

I usually hop into a couple of rated BGs and occasionally some randoms.

I feel like glyphs take care of most all of these issues.

I normally heal in raids which I find relaxing. I like how we can pull out some pretty high peak HPS in times of need. AOE heals and a good number of riptides rolling at one time can match most all other healing classes.

Our inability to maintain high levels of healing and our decrease in mana regeneration during high frequenies of damage. Sometimes on Beth, I can't keep Water Shield up 100% of the time which begins chewing up mana.

There are not many different healing spells. I chose to OS enhance just because the rotation is more complicated and elemental rotation was just boring.

Earthquake is a cool idea but it needs to be redesigned. I would roll elemental forever if shamans got a spell like Flame Weave from the Flamewalker Shamans.

Earthquake wasn't really usable, and healing surge isn't mana efficient or a true emergency heal. I would like to see Lava Burst incorporated more into the enhance spec.
85 Orc Shaman

My almost sole focus is PvE

Most of my time is spent in raids and heroics or getting materials with which to raid (flasks, food, etc)

Do not really PvP

I like totems (thus I am a shaman!) and I wouldn't mind going back to single drops to give me even more flexibility on what totem to drop when. I know I am weird in this regard.

I like the "jack-of-all-trades" feel that is has. I can dps if needed, or I can heal, I can purge, and I have a nice CC. It is fun to feel useful.

I will comment more on this below, but utility has been always been a big attraction of the class for me and the utility being taken away and/or distributed to other classes has make the class less fun for me to play. Also, as a healer, I like variety in my spells and like the priest model of having a spell for every situation but wise choices have to be made. Shaman healing can get monotonous with just Riptide. HW, GHW, HR, and CH.

As mentioned above, I would like more choices in the spells I have available to me as a resto shaman.

Not a list per se, but I would like the class to be over-hauled so that it fits with the modern gameplay of WoW. We were originally the utility class and were gimped in other areas to compensate, but the one that most effects us now is lack of mobility. The current raids are designed to require more movement in fights and the shaman class is a relic of a bygone era where positioning and planning were more important. I guess what I am saying is that tactics have been emphasized over strategy in raid encounters and shaman are a strategic class, not really a tactical class. I would like the class to be overhauled to be more tactical in nature (emphasize spur of the moment spell selection vs. totem position for example)

As a healer and of the healing spells, I use healing surge the least. I never use rockbiter weapon.
85 Goblin Shaman
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Not being able to control the target that my Fire Elemental totem attacks is one of the biggest issues I have at the moment. This wouldn't be as big of a deal if the Elemental wasn't such a large potential chunk of my damage output throughout a boss encounter.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
Totem utility. Synergy of Elemental talents.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
Dependency on the Fire Elemental to maintain competitive damage. Again, that is solely due to the lack of control I have over my FE's target, positioning and overall activity.

Earthquake is also very disappointing. It can possibly be effective if pre-casted in 'low HP' AoE situations where I cannot possibly get more than one Flame Shock roll/ CL cast. But that still does not feel very useful as a end of tier talent.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I'm extremely satisfied with the the current priority system of Elemental.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
Perhaps a defensive CD for Elemental (outside of Stoneclaw Totem).

However...

My number one wish would be for a pet bar for FE!

# What spells do you use the least?
EARTHQUAKE.
88 Orc Shaman

PVE

Heroics, soloing

It's very versatile. and has very decent survivability in enhance

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I like the the interaction required to run through an entire rotation. im not stuck to just 3 keys

Change rockbiter weapon. Either increase armor and threat gen and maybe decrease dmg output to make it more useful for shamans to be actual tanks, and change the unleash elements for it. or just take out its threat gen and taunt capabilities and turn it into some sort of short distract ability or stun for unleash and boost its dmg output.

I would also like to see some sort of change to the feral spirits as well.

frostshock
So many dragon slayers.............................
85 Orc Shaman

What type of content do you focus on?
PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
10m raiding (normal and heroic) as resto

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
I love being a shaman and having totems, but they need to be revamped. The buffs they bring are most often already covered even in 10m, and I really miss the feeling of bringing the important buffs and incredible utility to the raid. Give us something new and different, and maybe make it easier to manage them (placement, range).

REPLENISHMENT. Our otherwise-balanced raid comp often misses this important buff when we frequently 2-heal fights in cata raiding. Which sucks. Give more classes replenishment; even better, have one of our totems give replenishment, make us useful again!

When chain heal hits one target. Give chain heal a slightly better range please.

Cost of blood lust :D

I love healing as resto - the reactive nature of shaman healing keeps it interesting and challenging. Riptide, tidal waves, chain heal, spirit link - the shaman toolbox is very tight and all the spells have interesting synergy with each other. Although I'm not sure I prefer the 3-heal system to the LHW/HW model. The new healing models have their good points, but have taken away some of the uniqueness of the classes which are too homogeneous.

Ghostwolf :D

In theory, mastery is great. In practice, it hasn't been too great.

I am consistently out-healed by classes like druid and paladin especially who can do what I do, but more easily and quickly. The shaman has traditionally been the jack of all trades, but since cata raiding has tried to balance the healing classes it has taken that uniqueness away without really giving us something that we truly excel at. Healing rain is an awesome aoe, but our druid accomplishes the same thing with rejuv blankets and wild growth more quickly, efficiently, and with virtually no mana issues; chain heal, while a pet favorite of mine, is a long cast time and often (although I am a great healer) ends up being inefficient by hitting only 1 or 2 targets.

Shaman have just been out of balance this entire expansion. I hate being the healer who is forced to sit out or play elemental because of class deficiencies on certain fights. Give us a break.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I love the mechanics of riptide, chain heal, Tidal Waves, mastery.

More interesting, useful totems. Give us a water or wind elemental that can help heal or allow our healing stream totem to give replenishment.
Fix unleash elements. It's too clunky right now.
Buff earth shield
Make chain heal more viable again; it's still a spell I use quite often, but isn't as effective compared with other classes' signature moves.

Healing surge, unleash elements

Thanks for listening :D
85 Draenei Shaman
Casually, both.

Random heroic dungeons.

Tryed some arenas, but was impossible at the time, now I'm just doing Battlegrounds.

Mana issues as elemental are severily hurting it's gameplay, and the totems are giving the same buffs as other classes do, but are stationary and too expensive. Defensive cooldowns as elemental are another thing that hurt, both the lack of a decent defensive cooldown and the fact that, if too close, the target won't get the knockback from Thunderstom, our mana source and main anti-melee cooldown. As enhancement I can't say much, but everything sharing a global cooldown is kinda hard, for instance: attacks, shamanistic rage and glyphed stoneclaw totem (wich doens't scales at all, making it appealing at first, but useless as one acquires gear). Also, as said on the post bellow, the reincarnation being so dramatically weak. I mean, shamans are known for that spell, so maybe make it usable in arenas, or make it so we can actually live when rez, not get hammered by a paladin because we reincarnate with almost no health or mana. It's a weak spell for such a long cooldown and awesome lore, as it's part of shaman's idendity. Even warlocks got it better (glyphed soulstone), and can get it on any target, as well as midcombat rez.

Thunderstorm and moving and casting, as well as elemental's mastery and high burst when using cooldowns, but who doensn't, right? As enhancement calling the wolves, as well as it's appearance as a whole.

Mana issues and lack of defensive cooldowns as elemental. GCD stuck on enhancement when trying to defend myself. Stationary totems and lack of unique buffs, like on Wrath of before.

As elemental it's sweet, could even say unique, even though it's mostly LB spam and the suffering to cast a LvB when trained by any melee class, as interrupts makes caster's rage quit/break keyboards every day.
As enhancement it's cool, but really annoying to be stuck on GCDs and to redrop my totems almost every fight, as well as losing some totems due to others being needed on given moments (something that may be needed to balance, but still problematic), like earthbind talented when being kited, as well as it not pulsing when dropped, only moments after.

As elemental: defensive cooldowns that I can really rely on and that never fail (like thunderstorm does), a decent 31 point talent skill and better mana management. I get stuck on LB casts after the first moments of the fight if neither side get's burned down quickly.
As enhancement I saw an idea that I found quite interesting and will put here: Give enhancement shaman a pet, like unholy dks. Make it controlable and a spirit wolf, like our skill Feral Spirit. It has it's own abilities, like a bite attack, maybe a controlable stun, mana and health of a normal pet. Then make our 31 point talent a new skill that makes us and our pet one, giving our abilities buffs, changing the way they work, making us even look like a wolf-like humanoid or a wolf per say, giving us abilities like metamorphosis does to locks, but taking our pet out, for it is like fused with us. Make that, and I'll never ever play another class/spec, as will lots of people.
Edit: Would also like to put it in here. Did you ever think of changing the way totems work? Like, changing the stationaty totems for, say, the mechanich Prince Kael'Thas uses on Warcraft 3? The floating globes sorrounding him could replace totems entirely. Would follow the shaman around, would be unique, there would be a limit of one per color (air, water, fire and earth, like today, color being elements), would be interesting and could add way more elements into the shaman class, thus maybe even incorporating the way shields work, perhaps combining them together or even letting them be separetely, being that the shield would still sorround the shaman's waist and the globes would float somewhere near his head, like on Warcraft 3 Kael'thas. Just a thought. Hope you guys read this.

Earthquake, Rockbitter Weapon, Bind Elemental, Elemental Resistance Totem, Water Breathing, Far Sight (Wouldn't say that, because I like the spell, but I really rarely use it, still, please, don't take it away). Just saw on the post bellow: Reincarnation. Far too weak for such a long cooldown.
Edited by Grokku on 9/17/2011 5:26 AM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman
PvE

10-person Raids

Nothing drastic. Water shield - Firelands eats it up like popcorn and I find the ingame warning about it annoying.

• Walking into encounters at the appropriate gear level and seeing damage patterns that fit perfectly with other healing classes' mechanics (paladins and druids I'm looking at you) and having to Macgyver the raid to fit what my class can do.

• A varied and interesting toolbox for healing and the ability to tweak talents to strengthen single target healing over multiple target healing or vice versa.

• Being able to crowd control more than one target depending on mob type makes me feel useful on trash pulls.

• What makes playing your class less fun?
  • Walking into encounters at the appropriate gear level and seeing damage patterns that fit perfectly with other healing classes' mechanics (paladins and druids I'm looking at you) and having to Macgyver the raid to fit what my class can do.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
  • I don't have a rotation. That's amazing.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?
  • I wish restoration shaman had something equal to Beacon of Light and/or Tranquility.

• I wish Healing Rain centered on a target rather than a patch of ground AND was mobile with said target if said target decided to wander around.

• I wish I could provide my own replenishment instead of having to rely on dps classes to do it for me - not an issue in 25 I imagine, but in 10 it's certainly dictated raid comp on many occasions.

• I wish Reincarnation wasn't so weak. If I need it, I wait for a Rebirth from my feral druid because it is far superior.

• I wish Heroism didn't cost mana.

• What spells do you use the least?
  • Any fire totem other than Flametongue.

• Any water totem other than Healing Stream and Mana Tide.

• Any air totem other than Windfury and Spirit Link

• Reincarnation
  • Edited by Ayva on 9/14/2011 3:31 PM PDT
    85 Human Death Knight
    09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

I wish the totems would follow everywhere i go, like making them float around you since the shaman uses the elements to make them float and same duration for totems ... just a thought could be diffrent

what makes it less fun is that i have the burden of putting totems up again everytime i go somewhere else

Edited by Corpsey on 9/14/2011 3:39 PM PDT
    PVP

all of them

totem mechanics

the amount of burst i can do in pvp :D, unleashed elements

Trying to look for arena teams for Ele, being told to go resto

it is fine atm, no complaints

Give Ele a useful 31 point talent instead of earthquake
    fix up totems
    give a defensive CD to ele
    make stoneclaw glyph abit stronger

earthquake (never used)
    totem of tranquil mind
    Edited by Giggawatt on 9/14/2011 3:38 PM PDT
    85 Draenei Shaman
    <-- Elemental

PvE

Raids

Mostly Starcraft :)

- Having to switch glyph of unleashed lightning in and out depending on the amount of movement in a fight.
    - My only survivability cooldown requires a glyph slot and requires that I use a major dps cooldown at an inconvenient time. Our passive damage reduction is also very low but that's not really quality of life issue, it's just related to the elemental mastery gripe.
    - This isn't class specific, but the fact that 3 pieces of t12 gear come exclusively from valor points is quite annoying. I switched to elemental when I changed guilds, but instead of getting the tier tokens that mostly went to off-specs of alts like in BC or Wrath, I have to dps heroic Baleroc in resto tiered gear while I wait 5 weeks or whatever to get my elemental t12 set. At least make some bosses drop "all purpose" tokens like Alakir was originally supposed to, or tokens that can be exchanged for valor.

Nothing. The amount of fun I have raiding has always depended on the quality of the encounter. No imaginable class changes would have made Brutallus fun.

See above. Half-assed encounter design, mainly. More fights like Alysrazor, please.

It's very difficult to get it perfectly every pull, which is exactly how it should be. I say make it even harder.

I don't like how hit rating is an automatic. Every single raiding caster has to have 1742 (or 1640) hit rating or else their dps is balls. In t11, shadow priests actually had a choice whether or not to hit cap. The less hit you had, the harder it was to maintain your rotation, but the more damage you could potentially do if you played right, but if they had too little hit, stuff would miss so often that it would be impossible to maintain a rotation. That's how I believe every caster should be designed. Maybe even add some temporary +hit procs and/or cooldowns so that reaching the hit cap is a decision regarding how much you want to micromanage your rotation.

Unleash Flame, Earthquake
    Edited by Volkov on 9/14/2011 3:45 PM PDT
    85 Tauren Shaman

PvP

n/a

all

redropping totems and range of totems as well as elemental cooldown

big melee burst crits with cd

cd's and totems

i feel like im so dependent on my cooldowns that i sometimes cannot dish out enough damage id like to see some new element based melee attacks other than Primal Strike :)

new elementals
    elemental controls, summons, no cd, and not totem based
    new melee attacks
    new totems
    new shields
    new weapon buffs (always stuck with wf/ft)
    totem overhaul
    spirit wolf dps buffed and talent tree improved spirit wolves

earth shock
    lava burst
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]